Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden got better ratings

There.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 17, 2020 11:46 PM

Bill Cosby had the number one show on TV for almost a decade but he’s still a rapist.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2020 3:37 PM

It’ll eat Trump up. Good.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2020 3:37 PM

Disney lied about their revenues before. I wouldn’t put it past them to lie about ABC’s ratings.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2020 3:42 PM

This and Long Covid and the stunning loss on November 3 will finally finish the Turd off. Just die already!!!

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2020 3:43 PM

Well, he can't blame mail in ballots for this black eye!

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2020 3:44 PM

YAY.....this kills Trump!

He is even going to get more desperate and implode over the next couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2020 3:48 PM

More

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2020 3:48 PM

I'm glad to hear it, you'd think from Twitter comments that everyone watched Trump's even though they were bored by it, but thankfully Twitter isn't the real world.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2020 3:48 PM

Disney’s CCP overlords will be happy to hear this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2020 3:52 PM

Trump is boring now. His act is tired AF. Biden might be "not entertaining", but he's giving a look at what the near future might be like for us, and I care about that.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2020 3:53 PM

Heard about the plastic surgery. Joe has no sign of bagginess under the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2020 3:53 PM

R3/R9 is triggered

And stupid: Nielsen reports viewership, not the companies/broadcast networks themselves.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2020 3:54 PM

The Nielsen Rating methodology was debunked all the way back in the 1980s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2020 3:57 PM

All Trump cares about is ratings. This is gonna set him off big time.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2020 3:58 PM

Hopefully now we can retire the “Trump is good for ratings” excuse for media outlets sucking up to him and giving him any coverage he wants. He’s been a ratings dud for awhile now. People are sick of seeing him on their TVs.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2020 3:59 PM

Nielsen is one of the most corrupt organizations in the country. ABC is proof of that. They have enabled the existence of some of the worst TV shows ever created, yet according to the Nielsen ratings they were top 10 hits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2020 4:00 PM

I have R3/R9 blocked already, don't listen to whatever they are peddling.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2020 4:00 PM

R17 is a Chinese bot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2020 4:01 PM

Has Fat Bastard Tweeted anything yet about the Town Halls? I figured he'd be up all night screaming about how he killed it and had so much better ratings than "sleepy Joe".

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2020 4:05 PM

I can't wait to see Orange Manatee's foot-stomping, groundbreaking "Trumpelstiltskin" grand finale.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2020 4:06 PM

R19: Keep trolling, Ling-Ling. The Nielsens are a sham and have been for decades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2020 4:06 PM

R13, keep stretching. So triggered. Funny AF.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2020 4:07 PM

Biden won. Good.

Now what's with all these desperation posts and the plastic surgery misdirection?

Who are these freaks and why are they bothering us?

Oh, and fuck off BTW.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2020 4:07 PM

R1 I'll look forward to the dissolution of the MAGA insanity... among other things, no sense of "self" and irony. Here is a Trump troll invoking Cosby's being popular in spite of multiple accusations of rape and sexual attacks. Right, Trumper pointing out the outrage ,,, well, why bother, right?

R3 and R9 I know, I know it's so hard to wake up after the drugged adventure, but Trump is over. Yes, he'll get over 40% of the votes in this election (the way are politics are baked in, OJ Simpson running as a Republican would get 40%) - but America is tired of the show. Season four got really boring. Show cancelled, turn the channel.

Biden's Town Hall was encouraging.... it will be so refreshing to actually think about policy about how to address our very real problems. Hopeful.

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2020 4:09 PM

You’re right. The Better Business Bureau is nothing but a basket of deplorables.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2020 4:09 PM

WOW!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2020 4:09 PM

People are just sick of seeing Trump.

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2020 4:10 PM

Didn't they air the Trump town hall on MSNBC as well? What were those ratings? Trump may have beaten Biden after all if you include those viewership numbers.

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2020 4:10 PM

OP is acting like it is still 1986 and that network television actually matters. Go back to your [italic]Golden Girls[/italic] quoting contests because that’s the only thing you’re good at.

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2020 4:11 PM

[Quote] Those numbers are of course subject to significant adjustment given that [bold] the Trump town hall aired simultaneously on NBC, its broadcast affiliates, and cable channels CNBC and MSNBC. [/bold]

Yeah, that's what I thought. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, boys.

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2020 4:11 PM

R30 But it's the Trump world, right? What's the news cycle the morning after? He's unable to mention his "ratings victory" until later... 12 hours later it's old news, that's our world now. Biden won last night. Biden won this morning. "Facts" (if in fact the additional calculations change "who won") are unimportant if it's out of the news cycle.

Trump broke it. And Trump will be shredded by what he's created. American is NO LONGER amused by the show.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2020 4:15 PM

Trump will just draw higher ratings on the chart with a sharpie

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2020 4:15 PM

Donald Trump thinks he learned so much about reality TV by being on The Apprentice, but he's so fucking dumb. Donald, don't you remember what happened when Regis Philbin was on Who Wants to Be a Milliionaire on ABC? Huge ratings when it was on as a special, or even once a week. But the network got greedy and put the show on multiple times a week, viewers got sick of it, and ABC wound up killing a popular show through OVEREXPOSURE.

It's the same thing for you, Donald! The American people are sick of your show and it's about to be cancelled!

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2020 4:15 PM

I can’t believe anybody still puts any stock in the fatally flawed methodologies old media has been clinging to long after they were discredited. It’s 2020. The only people who still watch network television are old enough to remember the Kennedy assassinations. Don’t let your hatred of Trump blind you to reality. And don’t forget that it was the left who was the first to question the accuracy of these so-called “main stream media.” Don’t let your hatred of Trump blind you to reality. And don’t forget that it was the left who was the first to question the accuracy of these so-called “mainstream media.”

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2020 4:16 PM

Letting Disney buy out ABC has been disastrous for television journalism. If you don’t believe me, then you can look at pre-1995 news clips on YouTube and other video sharing sites and compare them to what passes for journalism today. It’s fucking embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2020 4:17 PM

Did you see the ratings though, R30? Trump got a 10 share in men & women 18-49 while Biden got a 15.

Adults 50+ were almost tied, but I still am not sure the MSNBC et al. numbers added in will get Trump a win.

by Anonymousreply 36October 16, 2020 4:17 PM

R31 R36 If it turns out he won after all the numbers are added up, he's still going to gloat about it and he'll say the media purposely lied to make him look bad. He is the master of spin. Semantics and shit don't matter to him.

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2020 4:18 PM

Wow. The log cabinettes are out in force here today, revering and defending their master, The Orange God.

Go boys! And when you jerk off tonight to The Orange God, remember he's only going to president til January.

by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2020 4:19 PM

Who cares about the tv box. I want trump’s head in a literal box.

by Anonymousreply 39October 16, 2020 4:20 PM

Fake, uh, fake, uh, um....

LINE!

by Anonymousreply 40October 16, 2020 4:20 PM

[quote] I can’t believe anybody still puts any stock in the fatally flawed methodologies

The only person who really puts stock in the ratings is the Orange anus. The rest of us are just laughing at his hubris.

by Anonymousreply 41October 16, 2020 4:20 PM

Keep pretending Nielsen ratings are anything other than a scam. You’re only embarrassing yourself.

And adding an “-ette” to Log Cabin is misgendering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 16, 2020 4:21 PM

[quote]I can’t believe anybody still puts any stock in the fatally flawed methodologies old media

Geeve me a foocking breakkk, I don't geeve a foock about how fatally flawed they are as long as they get in Trump's messy hair!!!

by Anonymousreply 43October 16, 2020 4:21 PM

He's not a master of anything, let alone spin.

A few years ago he could lie and spin and people would buy it -- or, like you, they'd say "well everyone believes it so it might as well be true" -- but he's lost what little used car salesman charm he once had.

The first impression everyone is getting is that he lost in the ratings, after a lackluster performance where he wasn't even entertainingly crazy, just dull and stupid. He'll scream on Twitter but the days of people buying it are over.

by Anonymousreply 44October 16, 2020 4:21 PM

So you hate Trump more than you care about accuracy. That makes you no better than a deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 45October 16, 2020 4:22 PM

Wow, the attempt to spin this by the Repugs is hysterical

Trump is the one always bragging about rating. Now he has to eat crow. That’s what we’re enjoying

by Anonymousreply 46October 16, 2020 4:25 PM

R33 nails it.

Syndicators usually want a show to run 5 seasons before packaging it for syndication, so let's make sure The Trump Chimpanzee and Dumb Ape Circus gets cancelled at the end of season 4 so we don't have to watch it in reruns.

by Anonymousreply 47October 16, 2020 4:26 PM

[italic]Who’s the Boss[/italic], [italic]Growing Pains[/italic], and [italic]Full House[/italic], all on ABC, were three of the worst TV shows ever and they were all in the Top 10 for years. The Nielsen ratings are rigged. They have been rigged for decades and they are still rigged to this day. Don’t you ever think critically about the media you consume? Obviously not. Pointing out a flawed methodology is not shilling for Trump. Junk statistics are junk no matter who is pushing them.

[italic]Star Trek[/italic] is iconic but never got above 50th place when it was new. But that was enbysee so they don’t count, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 48October 16, 2020 4:27 PM

And the Nielsen Ratings secretly support an international network of child sex traffickers. It's true!

by Anonymousreply 49October 16, 2020 4:29 PM

We don’t care if the methodology is flawed. Trump cares about rating. He got burned. That is enjoyable to watch.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

WE ONLY CARE BECAUSE TRUMP DOES. NOW FUCK OFF

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2020 4:30 PM

Trump is the one who religiously believes in Nielsen ratings, more than any DLer could possibly care. That's what makes this so funny.

It's sad watching the one poster who clearly missed the humor replying over and over and over again (Matt?).

by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2020 4:31 PM

Probably the other parasite

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2020 4:33 PM

[quote] And adding an “-ette” to Log Cabin is misgendering.

Fuck out of here with that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 53October 16, 2020 4:33 PM

"Don’t you ever think critically about the media you consume?"

I do, and probably a lot more than you and your fellow Faux News viewers combined, Trump troll.

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2020 4:34 PM

R34 so what you’re saying is that Trump is a moron for bragging about ratings. Glad you finally caught up

by Anonymousreply 55October 16, 2020 4:36 PM

Low energy, low ratings! A lot of people are talking about kiddie diddler Don the Con and how he's on his way back to his gilded gutter, and then off to prison. SAD!

by Anonymousreply 56October 16, 2020 4:39 PM

I watched Joe real time, including how he stayed afterwards to answer the questions of each participant who was there.

I caught the hilarious, sweaty "highlights" of Anusmouth's yellfest on Twitter later.

Funny, how every commenter is SO MEAN to the MACHO MACHO MAN! Sad! Crying for how put upon our orange hero as I type!

by Anonymousreply 57October 16, 2020 4:39 PM

[quote]Keep trolling, Ling-Ling.

[quote]And adding an “-ette” to Log Cabin is misgendering.

You sound sane.

by Anonymousreply 58October 16, 2020 4:40 PM

Frankly I'm surprised cuz was anticipating anti-Trump folks watching for the inevitable car crash, driving ratings higher than Joe's townhall. Ultimately this is even more sad

by Anonymousreply 59October 16, 2020 4:41 PM

Wow, Deadline predicted that Trump would win the ratings due to the Shitshow Hatewatch Factor.

by Anonymousreply 60October 16, 2020 4:43 PM

[quote]But that was enbysee

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 61October 16, 2020 4:43 PM

Not really, R59. Anti Anusmouth Americans are not entertained by him or his slack jawed, racist Trumpers. They revolt us. They aren't even "rubbernecking to see a car crash" worthy at this point.

by Anonymousreply 62October 16, 2020 4:44 PM

Here's the fun part. Those early number don't include the West Coast because ABC aired it live nationwide so it was on 5-7pm in California. NBC did the usual practice of delaying the broadcast to west coast primetime. So Biden has beaten up without even counting the west coast, which he's winning by so much than it doesn't matter. Final aggregate NBC platform numbers versus total national ABC might allow the Trumps to lie their way to victory, but deep down, Donnie knows that he's a ratings bust. Box office poison, Miss Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 63October 16, 2020 4:49 PM

Exactly right, R51. I came here to say the same thing. It doesn't matter if Nielsen's methodology is flawed. Those are the numbers Trump has taken to heart and lives and dies by. He's the one who always touts ratings as the ultimate gauge of success.

by Anonymousreply 64October 16, 2020 4:49 PM

[quote]The Nielsen Rating methodology was debunked all the way back in the 1980s.

Why don’t you tell that to your orange messiah then dumbass?

by Anonymousreply 65October 16, 2020 4:50 PM

Trump lost the convention ratings war, too.

LOSER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 16, 2020 4:55 PM

Someone puhlease create a triple split screen meme of: Obama inauguration crowd, Grifter inauguration crowd and a screenshot of the comparative town hall ratings.

I am too technically inept, but I will help spread it far and wide if someone makes it so.

by Anonymousreply 67October 16, 2020 5:11 PM

Adding the other two channels for Trump (MSNBC and CNBC) Trump still lost the ratings to Biden. 13 mil to 13.9 mil.

Trump show: cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 68October 16, 2020 5:27 PM

I'm actually surprised Trump's ratings were as high as they were as NBC didn't air it live on the west coast. Local NBC affiliates already showed highlights from the events during the evening news before it aired on primetime. Biden's town hall aired as scheduled.

by Anonymousreply 69October 16, 2020 5:29 PM

They’re probably pumping him full of anti-psychotics right now. How fucking sad that this monstrous clown cares more about tv ratings than human lives.

by Anonymousreply 70October 16, 2020 5:30 PM

I swear as soon as I hear Trump talking - even if it’s for one minute I mute the TV or change the channel. I just can’t listen to his bullshit anymore.

by Anonymousreply 71October 16, 2020 5:31 PM

This reflects profound Trump Fatigue

by Anonymousreply 72October 16, 2020 5:41 PM

I bounced back and forth - tuned in to Biden only to see if he had any more gaffes.

by Anonymousreply 73October 16, 2020 5:44 PM

Mark Cuban on The View today said that his teenaged daughters and their TikTok mutuals encouraged other young people to watch the Biden Town Hall on multiple devices to drive up the ratings.

Hopefully they watched as well.

by Anonymousreply 74October 16, 2020 5:47 PM

According to CNN, Biden has won by 1m against the aggregate NBC numbers

by Anonymousreply 75October 16, 2020 5:49 PM

It's so hard to keep up these days: Polls are a scam, the established media is fake, mail-in ballots are a fraud, now TV ratings don't matter.

Wouldn't it just be faster and less effort for Deplorables to just say everything that's negative about Trump is a lie

by Anonymousreply 76October 16, 2020 5:53 PM

Such a stupid mistake by Trump. If he'd done the virtual debate with Biden, he'd have 60 million eyeballs instead of the puny 13 million he got. He probably thought his town hall ratings would be HUGE and he could crow about them for the next 19 days. Loser.

by Anonymousreply 77October 16, 2020 5:54 PM

Nothing a sharpie can't fix

by Anonymousreply 78October 16, 2020 5:55 PM

The problem is that everytime he has an audience, he acts a fool.

by Anonymousreply 79October 16, 2020 5:58 PM

I'm loving that Biden beat Trump even with the other NBC cable outlets included! I bet he went ballistic this morning and was told not to worry, that once the combined figures came out he'd be ahead. He must be blowing a gasket right now lol.

Just as funny is the desperate poster who claims the Nielsen ratings, which is all Trump has boasted about for decades, are rigged because Who's The Boss and Growing Pains were top 10 shows in the 80's but Star Trek never was. ROFL!

by Anonymousreply 80October 16, 2020 6:00 PM

[quote]Who are these freaks and why are they bothering us?

I'm convinced that when Twitter and FB cut off that fucking tiktok Republican teen troll farm, a bunch of them landed here.

by Anonymousreply 81October 16, 2020 6:13 PM

quote] Trump is boring now. His act is tired AF. Biden might be "not entertaining", but he's giving a look at what the near future might be like for us, and I care about that.

Intentional or unintentional, the implication is that presidential candidates and town halls and debates should be entertaining. Ridiculous! Candidates need to be engaging and informative. Engaging enough to get you to listen to the information. Politicians are not entertainers.

The Trump Death Cult is entertained by Trumps lies and his antics. Everyone else is appalled.

by Anonymousreply 82October 16, 2020 6:28 PM

[quote] Trump is boring now. His act is tired AF. Biden might be "not entertaining", but he's giving a look at what the near future might be like for us, and I care about that.

Intentional or unintentional, the implication is that presidential candidates and town halls and debates should be entertaining. Ridiculous! Candidates need to be engaging and informative. Engaging enough to get you to listen to the information. Politicians are not entertainers.

The Trump Death Cult is entertained by Trumps lies and his antics. Everyone else is appalled.

by Anonymousreply 83October 16, 2020 6:28 PM

[quote]Star Trek is iconic but never got above 50th place when it was new.

Darling, the ratings don’t measure greatness. They measure viewership.

by Anonymousreply 84October 16, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote]People are just sick of seeing Trump.

What it boils down to is that your average crazy racist great uncle can occasionally manage to be interesting while ranting at Thanksgiving or Christmas, but no one wants to live with him or even visit every week.

by Anonymousreply 85October 16, 2020 6:33 PM

He's fired!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 16, 2020 7:43 PM

I love the look of that, R86!

by Anonymousreply 87October 16, 2020 11:01 PM

R86, I wonder how many print publications have their cover/leed hed "You're fired!" ready to go if he loses.

It's almost obligatory, regardless how unoriginal and overdone it will be.

by Anonymousreply 88October 17, 2020 9:23 AM

[quote] leed hed

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 89October 17, 2020 11:03 AM

R89, I should have said banner hed. A lot of old school newspaper people use leed, to distinguish it from lead, as in lead type, and I don't know why they use hed for headline. Maybe just a jargon thing.

by Anonymousreply 90October 17, 2020 11:43 AM

No, you should’ve said lede. That’s what you were going for.

by Anonymousreply 91October 17, 2020 11:47 AM

R91, you're correct, except that I shouldn't have used it at all, as the lede refers to the first graph, and I was talking about magazine covers and newspaper banner headlines. Now I can go kill myself for making multiple errors in a single thread.

by Anonymousreply 92October 17, 2020 11:52 AM

Vote first, R92.

by Anonymousreply 93October 17, 2020 11:55 AM

Eh, I still love ya, r92!

by Anonymousreply 94October 17, 2020 11:56 AM

We all deserve peace after four years of this insane attention whore aspies retard president.

by Anonymousreply 95October 17, 2020 12:01 PM

Already voted, R93. Not that it matters, because I live in a red state that has no chance of becoming a purple state -- at least not this year.

by Anonymousreply 96October 17, 2020 11:07 PM

R48, why are you defending Trump?

by Anonymousreply 97October 17, 2020 11:14 PM

R96 More than usual all votes count this year.... if Trump has lost the national vote by 8-10% there will be more pressure on the courts to deny a Trump challenge... no matter what the content of the suit.

by Anonymousreply 98October 17, 2020 11:15 PM

That's Trump supporters for you — always attacking the messenger.

The American people won't tolerate a government that thinks it can run on lies, and that's why Trump and his accomplices in the Senate are going STRAIGHT DOWN THE SHITTER Nov. 3!!!

by Anonymousreply 99October 17, 2020 11:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!