Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This stock market could up-end Joe's chances. What do you think?

I'm not that greedy of a person, but I'm personally up HUGE, and historically speaking that's good for the incumbent any way you want to look at it.

by Anonymousreply 65October 27, 2020 1:05 AM

You're not up HUGE; no one is. You're up slightly from where you were before the market plunged starting back in February.

Historically speaking, the market goes up after an election, so you can take your MAGA ass the hell out of here, you fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2020 1:57 PM

OP: That will teach to have somewhat different take on things

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2020 1:58 PM

It could, but I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2020 2:00 PM

R2 There's a difference between "facts" and "a different take on things." OP's a dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2020 2:00 PM

This election is about so much more than the stock market. Some 62 percent of the country thinks we’re on the wrong track. They’re not going to be voting for more of the same.

Look at the news from this week. People have been waiting in long lines for up to 12 hours to vote. You don’t do that if you are happy with the status quo.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2020 2:00 PM

The stock market is a house of cards being propped up with fake money, fake just like everything else about dirtball scumbag Trump and his extended family. It will all come crashing down in due course.

I'd get out while the goings good, OP. I'd hate to see anyone take a bath, even a concern troll like you.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2020 2:04 PM

The current stock market rise is the equivalent of receiving a credit card with a high limit and believing you are rich and then going on a spending spree and then one day you max out the credit limit and have no money to pay it back....

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2020 2:08 PM

Really ridiculous post OP. You’re exactly where you were six months ago. Think of where you’d be if Dump had only told people to wear masks.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2020 2:10 PM

most Americans have no stocks to deal with. the market is not the economy. and the market will not cure Covid.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2020 2:11 PM

[QUOTE] You're not up HUGE; no one is. You're up slightly from where you were before the market plunged starting back in February.

I'm up 12.5% YTD, which may or may not be huge, but for me, it's pretty good.

No way would I vote Republican. I'm looking at things long term (20 years) and historically, markets have done better under Democrats than under Republicans. Plus, Republicans stand for everything I'm against. In 45 years I've never voted for a Republican.

If it would guarantee a Biden win, I'd take another 20% hit to my portfolio, as I did in March, because while markets recover, our Democracy may not,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2020 2:13 PM

We are living in remarkable times and anytime you try to apply the old rules of behavior to current reality you deny this fact.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2020 2:16 PM

I beg to differ with r1. My stocks are all great companies that are making money and paying dividends at least 2X what banks or MMF's pay. Companies some of you have never heard of that make real money and pay nice dividend and reasonable P/E's. Life goes on outside the bubble - Believe it, or not.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2020 2:17 PM

I would also point out that you haven’t made anything until you sell. Profits on paper aren’t real profits.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2020 2:20 PM

Goldman Sachs says that a blue wave could have a net positive effect on markets. Remember, markets hate uncertainty and chaos. How much upward stock activity has Trump left on the table with bullshit comments causing huge swings in the markets every three weeks?

Some last minute ads touting that possibility might be appropriate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2020 2:33 PM

401ks always crash under republicans. They are terrible with the government’s money. They hand it out to already rich people.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2020 2:34 PM

I would take OP's question more seriously if he/she/it weren't a drive-by poster posting in this thread only. Go, talk to Susan Collins, OP, she'll be more receptive to concern trolling.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2020 2:34 PM

[quote] How much upward stock activity has Trump left on the table with bullshit comments causing huge swings in the markets every three weeks?

I am firmly convinced he (or people in his inner circle) knew in advance of his idiotic tweets and shorted the market before he would let loose with something destined to drive the market down.

The Times report this past Wednesday that members of his economic team were advising their rich friends that the pandemic was going to be worse than the administration was saying publicly is just the tip of the iceberg

[quote] The consultant’s assessment quickly spread through parts of the investment world. U.S. stocks were already spiraling because of a warning from a federal public health official that the virus was likely to spread, but traders spotted the immediate significance: The president’s aides appeared to be giving wealthy party donors an early warning of a potentially impactful contagion at a time when Mr. Trump was publicly insisting that the threat was nonexistent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2020 2:41 PM

Oh my... ...decisions, decisions. Scratching my head over for whom I should cast my ballot: On one hand, we have a candidate (from the #PartyofDeath) who is endorsed by the Taliban, the KKK, and other domestic terrorist clubs. The other candidate is endorsed by a broad bipartisan coalition and the New England Journal of Medicine. Any recommendations?

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2020 2:49 PM

"Democrats are good for my portfolio, I'm voting for Biden, markets will boom after the election, but I'm going to take a hit and only Trump is good for the stock market."

"I prefer day to night, but night is when my life is better."

NICE TRY, BORIS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2020 2:54 PM

Short sell Disney.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2020 2:56 PM

The market is propped up by cheap money. Wall Street is salivating over the next stimulus that will be passed by the Biden Administration with the help of a Democratic Senate. Some corporate executives realize most people need more money to spend to boost corporate profits. Trump is too unstable for the market's health.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2020 2:59 PM

Everyone needs to do what they think is best with their investments, based on their sense of what will happen in the future. For me, I think the economy and the market will go down and I have sold a lot of my equities during the recent high points. I’m willing to sit back and wait to see what happens. When the markets fall sufficiently, I’ll get back in.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2020 3:15 PM

Even Mitch Bumfuck believes that the Turd will lose. SAD!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2020 3:17 PM

The stock market isn’t the economy.

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2020 3:19 PM

OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2020 3:27 PM

I stood in line for 7 hours to vote. I don't have any stocks or investments. We were able to stand in line for hours because most of us are out of work. The stock market doesn't mean anything to most people. The % of people with investments who make that their defining issue are probably hard core Republicans anyway.

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2020 3:38 PM

People who value financial and material gain at the expense of everything else are the fucking scum of the earth.

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2020 3:44 PM

^ OK, that's realistic.

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2020 3:45 PM

Fuck the stock market. Occupy Wall Street never should’ve sold out the way they did.

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2020 3:49 PM

I don’t care if Joe Biden crashes the stock market to the point where we end up with a 100% unemployment rate and everybody ends up living in housing projects. Work is slavery, and it’s time to amend the constitution to that end.

We need communism and we need it now. If it takes a Joe Biden to get us there, then so fucking be it.

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2020 3:50 PM

Nope. 25 million people have already voted. By Election Day, the vast majority of people will have voted. There’s only something like 4% undecideds at this point. It’s over for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2020 3:52 PM

Nope. The market has already prepared for Trump to lose and for Biden to win. The ups and downs do not influence voters, most of whom don’t own stocks.

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2020 3:56 PM

I don't know anybody with a brain who trusts this market. It's an illusion. The smart money knows that. You can't take the value of the market at face value, you have to look at how the big money is trying to game it. And that's before you look at the algorithms. There's no support deal from Washington coming any time soon. What does that do to employment? And that's what people shop on and pay mortgages on and buy houses on. Does anyone really believe the economy - which drives the markets - is on stable footing?

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2020 3:56 PM

Who cares now? The government will swoop in and prop up the market every other day and we all get rich.

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2020 3:59 PM

[quote] This stock market could up-end Joe's chances. What do you think? I'm not that greedy of a person, but I'm personally up HUGE, and historically speaking that's good for the incumbent any way you want to look at it.

[quote] I cannot believe that Trump is ahead in Ohio Do any of you feel just a little teensy weensy bit taken for granted (by team left)? Or not?

[quote] I cannot believe that Trump is ahead in Ohio Looking at the stocks of Home Depot and Lowes etc. the deplorables seem to be applying themselves to something.....real, I guess.

OP is an idiotic troll

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2020 4:00 PM

[bold]R30 = menopausal Svetlana --- GO EAT TRUMP'S SHIT AND CHOKE ON IT AND DIE, CUNT![/bold]

[bold]R30 = menopausal Svetlana --- GO EAT TRUMP'S SHIT AND CHOKE ON IT AND DIE, CUNT![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 36October 16, 2020 4:03 PM

OP is right, we should do whatever we can to make the market crash. Stop buying crap!

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2020 4:24 PM

r18: You have your head up your ass. Biden's a fucking grifter and you know it. r21: Companies with a longstanding product and record of profit and an attractive dividend are not the same as a no profit, no dividend, no real product other than ripping people off psychologically or monetarily, , don't need propping up.

by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2020 6:32 PM

R38 Take your MAGA BS to Parler, Log Cabin Fuckwad.

by Anonymousreply 39October 16, 2020 6:33 PM

r35 Thank You.

by Anonymousreply 40October 16, 2020 6:34 PM

[quote] paying dividends at least 2X what banks or MMF's pay

So you are getting an annual return of 0.5% instead of 0.25%? Happy days really ARE here again!

by Anonymousreply 41October 16, 2020 6:43 PM

r37 Please do so ASAP. (I own Nov 3300 spx puts)

by Anonymousreply 42October 16, 2020 6:43 PM

Trump's MAGA buddies sure are out in full force today, that means they know he got humiliated last night and are scared. I say let them run wild, sometimes they amuse me with their stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 43October 16, 2020 6:51 PM

r41 FYI: QCOM pays 2.6%, Philip Morris (PM) 2.45% and Emerson Electric (EMR) 2.87% Lots more all actually making money!

by Anonymousreply 44October 16, 2020 6:52 PM

"I'll forgive Trump and company for all the egregious discrimination and harassment they have inflicted on our community because the stock market *may* stay high."

Thanks for sharing your priorities...

by Anonymousreply 45October 16, 2020 6:53 PM

People will vote based on whether they have a job or not; whether covid is under control or not---which is why Trump is constantly claiming everything is just fine.

The average person has little connection to the stock market

by Anonymousreply 46October 16, 2020 6:57 PM

OP is one of the yard sign trolls who pretends to like Biden, but in reality is a Dump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 47October 16, 2020 7:12 PM

My "stocks" were up just fine when Obama was president.... I had ZERO complaints before.

by Anonymousreply 48October 16, 2020 7:16 PM

Trumptards are working overtime for Trump's last gasp before wretchedly croaking on November 3.

by Anonymousreply 49October 16, 2020 7:27 PM

The inevitable crash will come.

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2020 7:55 PM

The stock market has been up most of this year. It hasn't stopped the avalanche of support for Biden

by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2020 8:50 PM

I have talking to the farmers in Iowa coffee shops and for all voting Trump because of Dow Jones average, you betcha.

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2020 8:53 PM

I have chicken stock in the fridge.

by Anonymousreply 53October 18, 2020 3:39 AM

The stock market and unemployment, healthcare oh and a global pandemic have little to do with each other. Do you know why the stock market is up? Because Biden is going to win. Check your history. The longest two economic gains in the past 30 years have been under two Democrats - Clinton and Obama.

by Anonymousreply 54October 18, 2020 3:43 AM

Only idiots like Trump believe the economy can boom by ignoring the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 55October 18, 2020 3:45 AM

R55, exactly. If we didn’t have lockdown orders, we’ll simply see people refusing to patronize certain businesses anyway, out of fear of being infected. But it wouldn’t be orderly. It would be panicky and unpredictable.

by Anonymousreply 56October 18, 2020 7:59 AM

Everything depends on a vaccine, and if the disease follows its predicted behavior of sticking around and killing millions.

It seems unlikely that a vaccine with be developed and distributed for at least another year. And that the virus will remain festering in the populous until at least 50% are infected. It’s a freight train that even the Fed can’t stop. Eventually, the market will crash. We’ll also see political/social upheaval worldwide. People hate being unemployed. If two percent die, we’ll have 2% excess industrial capacity. 2% excess housing stock. 2% excess service providers and consumer goods. In the US, with its tradition of immigration, we might more quickly absorb all that excess capacity,, but it might not be politically feasible.

It’s entirely unpredictable. Joe needs to do a good job setting expectations that this is not something that can be fixed in 4 years. If he doesn’t do so, the Dems risk a backlash in 2024, for not doing the impossible. That’s a fear of mine, but it’s in the back burner as I enjoy the expected Biden win in a few weeks.

But with, or without a lockdown order, people withdraw from social gatherings as the virus spreads and everyone finds that they have family and friends effected. Or they get infected’ themselves.

by Anonymousreply 57October 19, 2020 1:23 AM

I would let the DJIA fall to absolute zero if it keeps the GOP out of office for good. Force the robber barons into the ghetto where they belong. Tax and axe!

by Anonymousreply 58October 19, 2020 1:52 PM

Hey, could someone explain why the market is down +700?

by Anonymousreply 59October 26, 2020 4:37 PM

Because it goes up and down?

by Anonymousreply 60October 26, 2020 4:38 PM

R59, over the weekend that VP’s office had a COVID outbreak and the COS Meadows said on one of the Sunday shows that they aren’t going to be able to control COVID.

by Anonymousreply 61October 26, 2020 4:40 PM

R61 So today's crash is squarely on the shoulders of Trump. This will boost Biden.

by Anonymousreply 62October 26, 2020 7:32 PM

I wonder if OP is still "up" after today's crash courtesy of the Trump administration.

by Anonymousreply 63October 26, 2020 7:50 PM

When the stock market is down, Trump and his supporters pretend nothing happened

by Anonymousreply 64October 26, 2020 11:48 PM

SPX Nov. 3300 Put finally paid!

by Anonymousreply 65October 27, 2020 1:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!