Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

N.J. mayor ignores calls to resign over profane social media post about Trump, his supporters

In the post, Flemington Mayor Betsy Driver, a Democrat, wrote: "This is day one of the new SCOTUS term — the religious zealots want to enact the Christian version of Sharia law. If you voted for the orange monster with COVID, go f--- yourself. If you plan on voting for him again, unfriend me and go f--- yourself again."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 18, 2020 1:08 AM

Sounds like my kind of gal

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2020 1:57 PM

I like her, but she should have played it cool.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2020 2:02 PM

Trump routinely both does this and admires it in his supporters ,,, free speech. Well, free speech is for all Americans.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2020 2:04 PM

She's being attacked for telling the truth about Trump and the deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2020 2:07 PM

I want to vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2020 2:07 PM

Dems, remember Mrs Obama: “they go low, we get completely fucked over again and again until we realise we have to fight them on their level.“

I think that’s how she put it...

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2020 2:09 PM

Let’s go for a drink, girlfriend!!

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2020 2:11 PM

Kudos to her, this is a conservative area of NJ. Lots of white suburban soccer moms and their Republican upper management pharmaceutical company husbands.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2020 2:13 PM

Except we desperately need every vote in this election. Telling people who are ready to change their vote from 2016 to go fuck themselves is an incredibly stupid thing to do weeks before the election.

No matter that she has a limited vision of the damage she could do being from a blue state. The national media love clickbait like this and will send it everywhere, including battleground states.

I’m in a purple state, so I feel this intensely. She’s not brave; she lacks impulse control and good judgment.

Save this shit for after the election.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2020 2:19 PM

Go Betsy! Luff huh.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2020 2:29 PM

This is not an appropriate comment to make by an elected official. She could have stated it a lot better without using the F word.

Other Republican officials have been forced to resign or apologize for making similar comments.

She represents all constituents - this was wrong to do IN THIS TONE and with the words she chose.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2020 3:19 PM

Betsy for Patron Saint of this fucking election.

R11 for Prissy Sissy of this fucking thread.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2020 3:28 PM

Free speech you right wing whores.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2020 3:29 PM

[quote] This is not an appropriate comment to make by an elected official. She could have stated it a lot better without using the F word.

Trump uses the F word often and his deplorables adore him for it

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2020 4:28 PM

Is she a Datalounger?

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2020 4:33 PM

^ If not, she should be!

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2020 4:34 PM

But but my rights 🤡

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2020 4:34 PM

Again, may I remind you that the chances that people will change their vote from Biden to Trump because some mayor they never heard of before said "fuck you" on Twitter is astonishingly low, practically non-existent.

People like R9 can write little essays about it all they want, but no one will even remember this happened by Monday, let alone change their vote because of it.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2020 4:37 PM

Go Mayor of Zero Fucksville!

Go Mayor! Go Mayor! Go Mayor!

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2020 7:38 PM

r9 is the same right-wing propagandist disguised as Concern on every thread.

Go fuck yourself, r9! Unfriend me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2020 7:40 PM

Love her!

And I'd eat her out.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2020 7:41 PM

[quote] The national media love clickbait like this and will send it everywhere, including battleground states.

No, R9, they don't. Fox News will love clickbait like this. This is not going to push Biden voters to trump or make trump loyalists jump to Biden. At best, it might resonate with the unemployed in the Midwest who now realize what a liar he is.

Also, it's odd that this has you SO enraged. Why aren't you mentioning trumps miracle cure C19 concoction, the over 200,000 deaths from C19, his $420 million personal debt and every daily, batshit crazy action? You seem silent about those. You only call out the Democrat NJ mayor and how she's endangering swing state and purple state votes.

And you don't live in a purple state. You live in a red country next door to Sarah Palin.

#teambetsydriver

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2020 8:08 PM

R9, here. I am not enraged, nor am I Russian, nor am I writing little essays, all of which I’ve been accused of.

I want the current occupant out of the WH I stated that alienating possible crossover voters in swing states is not a strategic move three weeks before the election. We have no idea how tight the race will be in many of the states, mine included, that will decide the election.

by Anonymousreply 23October 17, 2020 11:22 PM

If the orange turd isn’t going to step down for what he tweets on a daily basis, neither should she.

by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2020 11:27 PM

Good for her! Fuck those Trump people -- time to stop giving a shit about them and their snowflake feelings!

by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2020 11:30 PM

[quote] I want the current occupant out of the WH I stated that alienating possible crossover voters in swing states

R23, New Jersey is a crossover voter, swing state?

by Anonymousreply 26October 17, 2020 11:31 PM

Absolutely stupid of her to do this...

She's a public official. She's no better than Marsha Blackburn.

by Anonymousreply 27October 17, 2020 11:38 PM

Trump is also a so-called elected official and the leader of the nation. All the trash spewing from his mouth every day on Twitter sure doesn't seem to bother these same outraged MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 28October 17, 2020 11:41 PM

I hope she's not above providing municipal services to Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 29October 17, 2020 11:48 PM

R26, I stated earlier that I am in a purple state, and that I don’t want stuff like this picked up and disseminated to target voters in other states.

by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2020 12:01 AM

R30, who at this point is so stupid and so immature that they are going to change their vote because of some comment from a random politician woman in another state??

by Anonymousreply 31October 18, 2020 1:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!