Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Greg Berlanti the hardest working gay man in Hollywood?

He produces pretty much the entire CW line up and tons of Netflix hits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5810/19/2020

He rules by fear.

by Anonymousreply 110/15/2020

Do tell/explain R1.

by Anonymousreply 210/15/2020

Ahem

by Anonymousreply 310/15/2020

His company does Berlanti does not have much hands in the CW DC series - he is looking to take the leap to big budget.

by Anonymousreply 410/15/2020

I think he is - incredibly prolific, perhaps just barely pipping Ryan Murphy to the top spot.

I never knew he directed The Broken Hearts Club - a 'gay' movie that I actually liked.

by Anonymousreply 510/16/2020

How many of his shows actually feature a leading gay male character ? Or even an openly gay male ?

by Anonymousreply 610/16/2020

R6 leading? I think just Love Simon.

by Anonymousreply 710/16/2020

Ryan Murphy and Greg Berlanti are both sellouts, hacks, and the gay male equivalent of handmaids.

by Anonymousreply 810/16/2020

He's doing all right at home, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 910/16/2020

I thought they broke up?

by Anonymousreply 1010/16/2020

Husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1110/16/2020

The happy couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1210/16/2020

BIg dick, money or both?

by Anonymousreply 1310/16/2020

[quote] How many of his shows actually feature a leading gay male character ?

How many of his shows actual rise above the level of your typical CW schlock? I.e. pretty, interchangeable people in a high school level of acting production?

by Anonymousreply 1410/16/2020

His take on Green Arrow was interesting to start but it got pretty schlocky. Same with the Flash.

by Anonymousreply 1510/16/2020

Why is Robbie reading his own book at r9? Or did he not actually write it?

by Anonymousreply 1610/16/2020

I hated LOVE SIMON so much: such a missed opportunity to speak to/about the reality of gay youth. Instead, we got the prettified Tiger Beat wank-off fantasies of a middle-aged gay man. (I've heard the streaming series is better, but I'll pass.)

Ryan Murphy gets a lot of shit on DL, much of it deserved, but Berlanti is every bit his equal: a phenomenally successful hack.

by Anonymousreply 1710/16/2020

I'm not aware of any new villains that he has created for the various CW shows that he is affiliated with.

He steals from the comic book writers who have made 99% of the characters

& plots on "his" shows so how hard working could he be?

by Anonymousreply 1810/16/2020

[Quote] His take on Green Arrow was interesting to start but it got pretty schlocky. Same with the Flash.

Green Arrow was basically Batman. The same they made Supergirl the female version of Superman instead of closer to her comic book counterpart.

by Anonymousreply 1910/16/2020

r19 kind of. Just much later in life. The earth 2 stuff was kind of cool but I hate what they did with Black Canary. Then in birds of prey they made his a POC.

by Anonymousreply 2010/17/2020

I want his big Italian cock!!

by Anonymousreply 2110/17/2020

[Quote] Then in birds of prey they made his a POC.

I'm not seeing the problem with that.

by Anonymousreply 2210/17/2020

No gossip on his personal life? DL is slipping.

by Anonymousreply 2310/17/2020

True story. He turned Robbie into a housewife and filled him up with kids so he would never leave. He’ll tell you himself if you ask him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2410/17/2020

Nonsense. They probably have a nanny and they most certainly could afford one. Wasn't Robbie trying for a clothes lines?

by Anonymousreply 2510/17/2020

*line

by Anonymousreply 2610/17/2020

I feel bad for Robbie. I know for a fact that Greg cheats.

by Anonymousreply 2710/17/2020

Why would Greg need to cheat when he a has a piece of ass like Robbie at home?

by Anonymousreply 2810/17/2020

"You" and "Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina" are my favorite Berlanti shows.

by Anonymousreply 2910/17/2020

[Quote] Why would Greg need to cheat when he a has a piece of ass like Robbie at home?

Men like strange.

by Anonymousreply 3010/17/2020

[quote]Ryan Murphy and Greg Berlanti are both sellouts, hacks, and the gay male equivalent of handmaids.

But Greg's projects generally do well. Murphy has faltered in the past few years.

Between his CW shows, Netflix deal & now his HBO Max shows he's solid. He just doesn't seem to get as much credit because he doesn't ever really try to reinvent the wheel since he uses established properties.

[quote]Wasn't Robbie trying for a clothes lines?

That was quite a while ago.

As for Greg allegedly cheating? They've got money up the yin yang. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't much care, if any of that is true. He doesn't have to do anything for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 3110/17/2020

[Quote] He doesn't have to do anything for the rest of his life.

Robbie wasn't a shop bottom. He was a sportsman. He will break eventually.

by Anonymousreply 3210/17/2020

He is mainstream but hugely successful. I don’t watch all of his shows but quite enjoyed All American and You. Sabrina got too stupid but had a lot of gay/bi characters. And as stated he did Love Simon and Batwoman is gay correct? So... but he is an attractive successful gay man, quick tear him down, inply he cheats, is nasty in the workplace, is not furthering gay visibility. Get him! Get him!

by Anonymousreply 3310/17/2020

He is mainstream but hugely successful. I don’t watch all of his shows but quite enjoyed All American and You. Sabrina got too stupid but had a lot of gay/bi characters. And as stated he did Love Simon and Batwoman is gay correct? So... but he is an attractive successful gay man, quick tear him down, inply he cheats, is nasty in the workplace, is not furthering gay visibility. Get him! Get him!

by Anonymousreply 3410/17/2020

[Quote] he is an attractive successful gay man, quick tear him down, inply he cheats, is nasty in the workplace, is not furthering gay visibility. Get him! Get him!

Agreed. Why do people gossip on a gossip forum?

by Anonymousreply 3510/17/2020

Gossip is fine. But just randomly saying anything because of jealousy not based in anything other than your own issues should be called out.

by Anonymousreply 3610/17/2020

His shows all seem lazy.

by Anonymousreply 3710/17/2020

[quote]Robbie wasn't a shop bottom. He was a sportsman.

Most athletes don't have long careers or become famous for playing sports. You [italic]always[/italic] have to have a backup plan.

Hell, he retired because of his constant injuries.

by Anonymousreply 3810/17/2020

[Quote] But just randomly saying anything because of jealousy not based in anything other than your own issues should be called out.

That's what you suspect, not what you know.

by Anonymousreply 3910/17/2020

[Quote] Most athletes don't have long careers or become famous for playing sports. You always have to have a backup plan. Hell, he retired because of his constant injuries.

You miss my point. Even if soccer means nothing in American life, Robbie has worked hard to achieve something. If you think he'll be content to sit back and eat bonbons for the rest of his life, you're sadly mistaken. Achievement is part of his make up. He hasn't been raised to be a consort.

by Anonymousreply 4010/17/2020

[Quote] I feel bad for Robbie. I know for a fact that Greg cheats.

Anyone we know?

[Quote] His shows all seem lazy.

The Arrowverse ones are.

by Anonymousreply 4110/17/2020

But no one has offered anything in terms of gossip. They have said he cheated. He uses fear in the workplace.How? How do you know? Is there evidence of this? Are you someone that enjoys bringing people down that seem happy? What an ugly trait and that is why I am calling it out and calling you out. It’s like I will say anything random with no proof or context. It’s like you are the Trump administration. This isn’t QAnon despite some evidence to the contrary.

by Anonymousreply 4210/17/2020

You come to a gossip forum to call people out!? Oh, my sides!

by Anonymousreply 4310/17/2020

I don’t come here for that. But Ok. Looking for a fight are we, on a forum? Truth doesn’t matter to you? Maybe you should look at your motivations but you can’t of course. I repeat this isn't QAnon. Its a gossip site, she squeals. We can say whatever we want because we can’t say in the real world.she says. I’m American! Give me my rights!

by Anonymousreply 4410/17/2020

[Quote] I don’t come here for that.

What do you come here for?

by Anonymousreply 4510/17/2020

[quote]If you think he'll be content to sit back and eat bonbons for the rest of his life, you're sadly mistaken

Oh, no! I understood your point. You clearly missed mine: He doesn't have to do anything ever.

And you speculating that "achievement is part of his makeup" while he -- sits at home?!? Does not invalidate what I said.

He married someone who is extremely wealthy. He doesn't have to work unless he wants to and if he doesn't right now he's (again) clearly married to right person.

[quote]He hasn't been raised to be a consort.

Sure, Jan. No one is, but they become them all the same. I'm sure he just loves the man.

If he is cheating on him (although I've never heard that one before) then you have to either assume he's stupid or he doesn't care. There are plenty of gay men who are in open relationships who wouldn't and many of them aren't married to a power gay in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 4610/17/2020

[Quote] He doesn't have to do anything ever.

And you speculate that he wants to do nothing ever?

by Anonymousreply 4710/17/2020

Sabrina got cancelled. You is filiming season 3 now. Didn't he also do that god awful God Friended Me?

by Anonymousreply 4810/17/2020

R48, Too bad. Where will I get my Gavin Leatherwood fix now?

by Anonymousreply 4910/18/2020

But but but most of his programs are shit about which I really don't give a fuck. MEH!

by Anonymousreply 5010/18/2020

Robbie reads Datalounge, please don’t hurt his feelings by speculating about Greg’s whereabouts. All I know is that Robbie is busting his ass raising those kids. Greg is mighty lucky to have him.

by Anonymousreply 5110/18/2020

Oh, yeah. I'm sure Robbie is cutting out coupons as I type.

by Anonymousreply 5210/18/2020

No one said he was cutting coupons. Raising children is hard whether you have money or not.

by Anonymousreply 5310/18/2020

R49 on some other Netflix show.

by Anonymousreply 5410/18/2020

r53 hard work for the nanny

by Anonymousreply 5510/19/2020

Berlanti hates gay men. That is why they are missing from his shows.

Plenty of bull daggers, trans, chicks with ficks though...

by Anonymousreply 5610/19/2020

ficks = dicks

by Anonymousreply 5710/19/2020

[Quote] Plenty of bull daggers, trans, chicks with ficks though...

What are you talking about? Nia is the only trans character they have.

by Anonymousreply 5810/19/2020
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!