Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Greg Berlanti the hardest working gay man in Hollywood?

He produces pretty much the entire CW line up and tons of Netflix hits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 20, 2020 5:02 AM

He rules by fear.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2020 10:29 PM

Do tell/explain R1.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2020 10:36 PM

Ahem

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2020 2:34 AM

His company does Berlanti does not have much hands in the CW DC series - he is looking to take the leap to big budget.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2020 2:44 AM

I think he is - incredibly prolific, perhaps just barely pipping Ryan Murphy to the top spot.

I never knew he directed The Broken Hearts Club - a 'gay' movie that I actually liked.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2020 11:13 AM

How many of his shows actually feature a leading gay male character ? Or even an openly gay male ?

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2020 11:45 AM

R6 leading? I think just Love Simon.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2020 1:39 PM

Ryan Murphy and Greg Berlanti are both sellouts, hacks, and the gay male equivalent of handmaids.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2020 2:45 PM

He's doing all right at home, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2020 4:31 PM

I thought they broke up?

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2020 4:37 PM

Husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2020 4:37 PM

The happy couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2020 4:39 PM

BIg dick, money or both?

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2020 4:40 PM

[quote] How many of his shows actually feature a leading gay male character ?

How many of his shows actual rise above the level of your typical CW schlock? I.e. pretty, interchangeable people in a high school level of acting production?

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2020 4:43 PM

His take on Green Arrow was interesting to start but it got pretty schlocky. Same with the Flash.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2020 4:51 PM

Why is Robbie reading his own book at r9? Or did he not actually write it?

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2020 4:55 PM

I hated LOVE SIMON so much: such a missed opportunity to speak to/about the reality of gay youth. Instead, we got the prettified Tiger Beat wank-off fantasies of a middle-aged gay man. (I've heard the streaming series is better, but I'll pass.)

Ryan Murphy gets a lot of shit on DL, much of it deserved, but Berlanti is every bit his equal: a phenomenally successful hack.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2020 5:04 PM

I'm not aware of any new villains that he has created for the various CW shows that he is affiliated with.

He steals from the comic book writers who have made 99% of the characters

& plots on "his" shows so how hard working could he be?

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2020 5:52 PM

[Quote] His take on Green Arrow was interesting to start but it got pretty schlocky. Same with the Flash.

Green Arrow was basically Batman. The same they made Supergirl the female version of Superman instead of closer to her comic book counterpart.

by Anonymousreply 19October 17, 2020 12:39 AM

r19 kind of. Just much later in life. The earth 2 stuff was kind of cool but I hate what they did with Black Canary. Then in birds of prey they made his a POC.

by Anonymousreply 20October 17, 2020 3:21 PM

I want his big Italian cock!!

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2020 3:40 PM

[Quote] Then in birds of prey they made his a POC.

I'm not seeing the problem with that.

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2020 10:11 PM

No gossip on his personal life? DL is slipping.

by Anonymousreply 23October 17, 2020 10:33 PM

True story. He turned Robbie into a housewife and filled him up with kids so he would never leave. He’ll tell you himself if you ask him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2020 11:02 PM

Nonsense. They probably have a nanny and they most certainly could afford one. Wasn't Robbie trying for a clothes lines?

by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2020 11:04 PM

*line

by Anonymousreply 26October 17, 2020 11:04 PM

I feel bad for Robbie. I know for a fact that Greg cheats.

by Anonymousreply 27October 18, 2020 1:10 AM

Why would Greg need to cheat when he a has a piece of ass like Robbie at home?

by Anonymousreply 28October 18, 2020 1:11 AM

"You" and "Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina" are my favorite Berlanti shows.

by Anonymousreply 29October 18, 2020 1:12 AM

[Quote] Why would Greg need to cheat when he a has a piece of ass like Robbie at home?

Men like strange.

by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2020 1:16 AM

[quote]Ryan Murphy and Greg Berlanti are both sellouts, hacks, and the gay male equivalent of handmaids.

But Greg's projects generally do well. Murphy has faltered in the past few years.

Between his CW shows, Netflix deal & now his HBO Max shows he's solid. He just doesn't seem to get as much credit because he doesn't ever really try to reinvent the wheel since he uses established properties.

[quote]Wasn't Robbie trying for a clothes lines?

That was quite a while ago.

As for Greg allegedly cheating? They've got money up the yin yang. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't much care, if any of that is true. He doesn't have to do anything for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 31October 18, 2020 1:21 AM

[Quote] He doesn't have to do anything for the rest of his life.

Robbie wasn't a shop bottom. He was a sportsman. He will break eventually.

by Anonymousreply 32October 18, 2020 1:23 AM

He is mainstream but hugely successful. I don’t watch all of his shows but quite enjoyed All American and You. Sabrina got too stupid but had a lot of gay/bi characters. And as stated he did Love Simon and Batwoman is gay correct? So... but he is an attractive successful gay man, quick tear him down, inply he cheats, is nasty in the workplace, is not furthering gay visibility. Get him! Get him!

by Anonymousreply 33October 18, 2020 1:26 AM

He is mainstream but hugely successful. I don’t watch all of his shows but quite enjoyed All American and You. Sabrina got too stupid but had a lot of gay/bi characters. And as stated he did Love Simon and Batwoman is gay correct? So... but he is an attractive successful gay man, quick tear him down, inply he cheats, is nasty in the workplace, is not furthering gay visibility. Get him! Get him!

by Anonymousreply 34October 18, 2020 1:26 AM

[Quote] he is an attractive successful gay man, quick tear him down, inply he cheats, is nasty in the workplace, is not furthering gay visibility. Get him! Get him!

Agreed. Why do people gossip on a gossip forum?

by Anonymousreply 35October 18, 2020 1:29 AM

Gossip is fine. But just randomly saying anything because of jealousy not based in anything other than your own issues should be called out.

by Anonymousreply 36October 18, 2020 1:32 AM

His shows all seem lazy.

by Anonymousreply 37October 18, 2020 1:33 AM

[quote]Robbie wasn't a shop bottom. He was a sportsman.

Most athletes don't have long careers or become famous for playing sports. You [italic]always[/italic] have to have a backup plan.

Hell, he retired because of his constant injuries.

by Anonymousreply 38October 18, 2020 1:36 AM

[Quote] But just randomly saying anything because of jealousy not based in anything other than your own issues should be called out.

That's what you suspect, not what you know.

by Anonymousreply 39October 18, 2020 1:37 AM

[Quote] Most athletes don't have long careers or become famous for playing sports. You always have to have a backup plan. Hell, he retired because of his constant injuries.

You miss my point. Even if soccer means nothing in American life, Robbie has worked hard to achieve something. If you think he'll be content to sit back and eat bonbons for the rest of his life, you're sadly mistaken. Achievement is part of his make up. He hasn't been raised to be a consort.

by Anonymousreply 40October 18, 2020 1:38 AM

[Quote] I feel bad for Robbie. I know for a fact that Greg cheats.

Anyone we know?

[Quote] His shows all seem lazy.

The Arrowverse ones are.

by Anonymousreply 41October 18, 2020 1:54 AM

But no one has offered anything in terms of gossip. They have said he cheated. He uses fear in the workplace.How? How do you know? Is there evidence of this? Are you someone that enjoys bringing people down that seem happy? What an ugly trait and that is why I am calling it out and calling you out. It’s like I will say anything random with no proof or context. It’s like you are the Trump administration. This isn’t QAnon despite some evidence to the contrary.

by Anonymousreply 42October 18, 2020 1:56 AM

You come to a gossip forum to call people out!? Oh, my sides!

by Anonymousreply 43October 18, 2020 2:01 AM

I don’t come here for that. But Ok. Looking for a fight are we, on a forum? Truth doesn’t matter to you? Maybe you should look at your motivations but you can’t of course. I repeat this isn't QAnon. Its a gossip site, she squeals. We can say whatever we want because we can’t say in the real world.she says. I’m American! Give me my rights!

by Anonymousreply 44October 18, 2020 2:30 AM

[Quote] I don’t come here for that.

What do you come here for?

by Anonymousreply 45October 18, 2020 2:34 AM

[quote]If you think he'll be content to sit back and eat bonbons for the rest of his life, you're sadly mistaken

Oh, no! I understood your point. You clearly missed mine: He doesn't have to do anything ever.

And you speculating that "achievement is part of his makeup" while he -- sits at home?!? Does not invalidate what I said.

He married someone who is extremely wealthy. He doesn't have to work unless he wants to and if he doesn't right now he's (again) clearly married to right person.

[quote]He hasn't been raised to be a consort.

Sure, Jan. No one is, but they become them all the same. I'm sure he just loves the man.

If he is cheating on him (although I've never heard that one before) then you have to either assume he's stupid or he doesn't care. There are plenty of gay men who are in open relationships who wouldn't and many of them aren't married to a power gay in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 46October 18, 2020 3:33 AM

[Quote] He doesn't have to do anything ever.

And you speculate that he wants to do nothing ever?

by Anonymousreply 47October 18, 2020 3:39 AM

Sabrina got cancelled. You is filiming season 3 now. Didn't he also do that god awful God Friended Me?

by Anonymousreply 48October 18, 2020 3:41 AM

R48, Too bad. Where will I get my Gavin Leatherwood fix now?

by Anonymousreply 49October 18, 2020 5:14 PM

But but but most of his programs are shit about which I really don't give a fuck. MEH!

by Anonymousreply 50October 18, 2020 5:30 PM

Robbie reads Datalounge, please don’t hurt his feelings by speculating about Greg’s whereabouts. All I know is that Robbie is busting his ass raising those kids. Greg is mighty lucky to have him.

by Anonymousreply 51October 18, 2020 6:13 PM

Oh, yeah. I'm sure Robbie is cutting out coupons as I type.

by Anonymousreply 52October 18, 2020 7:43 PM

No one said he was cutting coupons. Raising children is hard whether you have money or not.

by Anonymousreply 53October 18, 2020 9:40 PM

R49 on some other Netflix show.

by Anonymousreply 54October 19, 2020 3:17 AM

r53 hard work for the nanny

by Anonymousreply 55October 19, 2020 5:33 PM

Berlanti hates gay men. That is why they are missing from his shows.

Plenty of bull daggers, trans, chicks with ficks though...

by Anonymousreply 56October 19, 2020 5:41 PM

ficks = dicks

by Anonymousreply 57October 19, 2020 5:42 PM

[Quote] Plenty of bull daggers, trans, chicks with ficks though...

What are you talking about? Nia is the only trans character they have.

by Anonymousreply 58October 19, 2020 11:37 PM

Greg, Robbie, and their baby are Ralph Lauren models!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 18, 2020 11:43 PM

Robbie was desperate to keep him, that Hollywood money is hard to pass up. But he was kicked to the curb before they got back together for a final time before the marriage. Robbie is a dream house husband, but he is nothing more than a kept man.

I'm happy for both of them, but if I win the Powerball, I'd happily date and maybe marry a man like Robbie.

by Anonymousreply 60November 19, 2020 12:11 AM

[quote]I hated LOVE SIMON so much: such a missed opportunity to speak to/about the reality of gay youth. Instead, we got the prettified Tiger Beat wank-off fantasies of a middle-aged gay man. (I've heard the streaming series is better, but I'll pass.) Ryan Murphy gets a lot of shit on DL, much of it deserved, but Berlanti is every bit his equal: a phenomenally successful hack.

If they ever got together with Rob Marshall, it would be like the Witches of [italic]MacBeth[/italic] but in their indelicate hands would end up being played at a lower brow than the Sanderson sisters from [italic]Hocus Pocus[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 61November 19, 2020 12:14 AM

r40 Robbie came from a small town and dreamed of being a professional athlete, check, and having a nice strong man to call his spouse, check. His happens to be freaking wealthy and artists, so extra points. Robbie's Instagram shows that he has his own hobbies and interests, but spend someone else money, taking care of your children, and having your entire day free to do whatever you want is the life. He just needs to be able to take a hard fuck, give good head, and maintain that sexy body.

by Anonymousreply 62November 19, 2020 12:15 AM

[Quote] if I win the Powerball, I'd happily date and maybe marry a man like Robbie.

That's not how it works. You can't love someone you perceive as bought.

by Anonymousreply 63November 19, 2020 12:20 AM

I didn't assume that there would be love, which is why I said date and maybe marry the guy. I also didn't say I'd fall in love with him.

by Anonymousreply 64November 19, 2020 12:28 AM

You wouldn't respect him.

by Anonymousreply 65November 19, 2020 12:30 AM

You can grow into respect. Darling, I'm talking about winning the PowerBall, I'd hardly respect myself for winning unearned money. But life's too short to be a single millionaire. Maybe I'll just stick to dating, that way I can trade him in for a new one every 5 or so years like David Geffen does with his boy toys.

by Anonymousreply 66November 19, 2020 12:35 AM

[Quote] Darling, I'm talking about winning the PowerBall, I'd hardly respect myself for winning unearned money. But life's too short to be a single millionaire.

That's what the guy who ended up murdered by the Sean Cody model thought.

by Anonymousreply 67November 19, 2020 12:44 AM

r63 - Vat are you saying?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 19, 2020 1:47 AM

R59 lol at the kid's face.

by Anonymousreply 69November 19, 2020 7:16 AM

OP, to answer your question, he clearly is. It's hilarious how he's trashed here for 'schlocky' shows by jealous queens who can't even write a simple sentence without glaring spelling and grammatical errors.

by Anonymousreply 70November 19, 2020 7:34 AM

GB created and produced Eli Stone. The series lasted only 2 seasons but it was a great show and deserved more time.

by Anonymousreply 71November 19, 2020 9:16 AM

[quote] His happens to be freaking wealthy and artists

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 72November 19, 2020 10:06 AM

[Quote] It's hilarious how he's trashed here for 'schlocky' shows by jealous queens who can't even write a simple sentence without glaring spelling and grammatical errors.

But the Arrowverse shows are terrible. And i say that as a fan.

by Anonymousreply 73November 19, 2020 10:14 AM

R73 I don’t watch them, but when you say terrible is that because they are camp? Was that his gift, bringing camp sensibilities to super heroes?

by Anonymousreply 74November 19, 2020 11:19 AM

It’s amazing how many shills will make excuses for his shortcomings as a writer and director.

by Anonymousreply 75November 19, 2020 9:57 PM

They probably don't even watch his output. He's just "relationship goals" for them.

by Anonymousreply 76November 20, 2020 3:26 AM

R74 I don't mind the camp. But some of them try too hard to be woke and the dialogue can be awkward too. It's also a shame there aren't more recurring gay characters.

by Anonymousreply 77November 20, 2020 5:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!