Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

94 year old Queen Elizabeth II makes first official visit in 7 months SANS MASK.

WTF? Who thought this would be a good idea?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 21, 2020 12:34 PM

Dead woman walking

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2020 2:52 PM

Bye, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2020 2:55 PM

Cheers Gays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2020 2:56 PM

I've never heard of any world leaders or heads of state dying from COVID-19. Only poor, diabetic deathfats who die left and right from the virus. Even deathfat Trump and Chris Christie survived it.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2020 2:57 PM

She has reptilian DNA so shell be fine!

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2020 2:57 PM

Is she an anti-masker like Trump? Has she ever been seen with a mask on?

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2020 2:58 PM

Novichok has killed all the germs in that area. Don't worry, DL fat hoes.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2020 2:59 PM

Everyone was tested for Covid BEFORE this event and they were socially distancing therefore no masks were required. The Queen and William were negative as were the people they met.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2020 3:00 PM

Good, take that old bitch out, Corona. Bring in the rain of King Charles and Queen Camilla and get rid of Liz's old fashioned and out of touch sycophants.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2020 3:02 PM

Her Majesty looking stooped and fragile. This is ridiculous. Let the old girl watch telly and eat HobNobs.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2020 3:03 PM

[QUOTE] Everyone was tested for Covid BEFORE this event and they were socially distancing therefore no masks were required. The Queen and William were negative as were the people they met.

Just because you test negative doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t have the virus. Why wouldn’t you take the utmost precautions when dealing with a 94 year old woman? Not to mention the message it sends to the public.

This only makes sense if the Queen herself doesn’t want to be seen wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2020 3:04 PM

Phillip has long overstayed his welcome, he needs to go. But the Queen is a different story. NOBODY wants to see Charles as King and his horse faced monstrosity of a wife next to him!

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2020 3:05 PM

She has shrunk at least a foot.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2020 3:09 PM

Quite the opposite, r12. There are literally millions of republicans in Australia and New Zealand who can’t wait for King Chazzah and Queen Cam so they can finally win their referendum and kick the whole BRF out.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2020 3:11 PM

What she is saying is the rich don't have to deal with the virus like the poor people. If you get it, you won't have access to top notch treatments so you could get extremely sick, die, or get long covid where you are sick for many months with no end in sight. Not the Queen, she gets antibodies and will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2020 3:13 PM

As Coronavirus cases rise in England, London’s Twitter account just sent out this advisory:

[QUOTE] Help reverse the tide of rising cases in the capital by washing your hands, wearing a face covering and keeping your distance.

It doesn’t say anything like “Leave the mask at home if you’re surrounded by people who tested negative.”

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2020 3:26 PM

Sorry, r9. Faster and funnier @ r3.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2020 3:29 PM

Porton Down is/was the UK Government biological/germ warfare facility, the place is as near to sterile as you can get and everybody there would have been tested for everything (several times) before her visit.

It wasn't a standard 'Royal Visit' by any description.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2020 3:30 PM

At a time when the U.K. government is still struggling to get everyone to wear masks, why wouldn’t she use this as an opportunity to set an example? Especially if she rarely has public engagements to begin with. It’s the responsible thing to do, and she obviously decided against it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2020 3:41 PM

Damn! She's got guts. And in a lovely hat. Who the hell goes to Porton Down? The Brits love using this in their TV shows - the minute that's mentioned it gets an "AHA! we know where this is going."

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2020 3:42 PM

This was a job for Charles who's already had Rona. Reckless behaviour while parts of the UK are going back into lockdown. .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2020 3:47 PM

She should just have worn a fucking mask. Set an example.

I've had a vague feeling all along that something shocking will happen at the end of the year (like in 2016, when we kept thinking things couldn't get any worse and then Trump won). Imagine if COVID takes out the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2020 4:02 PM

Silly old bitch. I bet Andrew will give it to her next time he suckles on Mummie’s teat.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2020 4:05 PM

Personally, yes, I think the Queen should have worn a mask, however everyone at this site was tested for COVID using rapid testing. And social distancing was maintained.

BTW the Queen will likely not wear a mask ever. The Queen has always refused to wear a helmet when she goes horseback riding, even though it is now technically the law in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2020 4:07 PM

[Quote]Imagine if COVID takes out the Queen.

Oh r22. I shudder to think it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2020 4:08 PM

I knew she was a Trumper

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2020 4:09 PM

Most of the engagement was outdoors where masks are not required in the UK. Everyone calm down.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2020 4:11 PM

[QUOTE] Most of the engagement was outdoors where masks are not required in the UK. Everyone calm down.

Fuck these excuses. She’s an anti-masker.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2020 4:17 PM

I am happy to see the Queen out and about again, because it's very reassuring. That being said, yeah, she should have set an example and wore a mask, at least for the indoor portion of the visit.

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2020 4:21 PM

Just to clarify, the entire event was outdoors were masks are not required. All participants maintained social distance. Royals including William, Catherine, Charles and Camilla have all worn masks at indoor engagements but not outdoors...in fact, Camilla was not wearing a mask during an indoor visit in North Ireland last week. I hope that if the Queen returns to indoor visits she'll wear a mask.

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2020 4:26 PM

I adore The Queen

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2020 4:32 PM

r24 Rapid testing is not that accurate. I had it in the ER some months ago, they told me if you are positive with a rapid test then that's that. But if you are negative, they take a deeper swab and send it out because the rapid tests aren't that sensitive.

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2020 4:41 PM

I love the Queen BUT this whole pandemic raises the question of how logical it is to have a 94 year old as head of state. Yes, the Queen is robust and although she looks like she's lost weight, she'll probably make it past 100. The reality is, she is no longer able to perform certain aspects of the job. For example, she no longer goes on state visits abroad (one of the key roles of the monarch), state opening of parliaments are now less frequent because of mobility limitations. She can't climb stairs any more. Don't get me wrong I love her, but I really think we need to start talking about abdication like other European monarchies have done.

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2020 4:43 PM

Ahem, we don't abdicate, we regent as required.

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2020 4:47 PM

R33, a British monarch abdicates only when they run off with an American strumpet.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2020 4:47 PM

[QUOTE] Just to clarify, the entire event was outdoors were masks are not required.

She likes rocking those trendy hats, though, right? Are they required? Is there anything that says the Queen must always look like a black lady going to First Ebenezer Baptist on Sunday? Nope. So why couldn’t she sport a matching cloth facemask even if there’s no mandate for it? She’s fully aware of what’s going on in her country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2020 4:52 PM

We don't use masks here in Norway. We're still the European country with least people affected per 100 000.

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2020 4:53 PM

We don't use masks here in Norway. We're still the European country with least people affected per 100 000.

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2020 4:53 PM

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2020 4:53 PM

I meant to say infected*

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2020 4:54 PM

I meant to say infected*

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2020 4:54 PM

[quote]Bring in the rain of King Charles and Queen Camilla

Oh, dyay-ah.

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2020 5:28 PM

She’s emboldening anti-mask supremacists.

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2020 5:34 PM

Yea I thought it would have been a nice example for her to set by wearing a mask but maybe it's medically correct that the circumstances didn't warrant it. The problem is people are too dumb to realize they are not the queen with all the security and protection she has - like no one is getting close to her. You on the other hand can't be sure when someone will get close to you when you're just walking down the street or running on the sidewalk. I also wonder if she has a harder time breathing in them?

I'm still SMH over people who vacationed all over Europe this summer and into the early fall as if there was no risk and as if that didn't contribute to Europe's terrible second wave and lock downs. All those UKers who traveled to Europe and then returned home and visited pubs. What were they thinking. As if they just couldn't NOT have a vacation away from home for one fucking year.

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2020 5:41 PM

Disappointing. She could have worn a mask to show solidarity with the poor plebs who have to wear one all day long. Is nobody willing to lead by example in our world ?

by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2020 6:03 PM

Her Majesty looking stooped and fragile.

I was thinking that too; I mean she *is* old, so it's not surprising, but I was struck by the change.

I wonder she wanted to be out & about with Wills since he's kind of taken a beating over the Harkle Controversy

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2020 6:09 PM

[quote] Who thought this would be a good idea?

I did!

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2020 6:19 PM

I'm on my way her place as I type, so ready your invites for the funeral-watching soirees you'll be hosting. And please, wear a mask for the guests. I'm a little busy these days without having your shit added to the To-Do list.

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2020 6:39 PM

The real Queen of Corona!

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2020 6:40 PM

She is to be adored I tell you, adored!

by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2020 6:42 PM

If the Queen were to die during the pandemic would Brits still gather for her funeral? I imagine so. Social distancing would be highly irregular in W Abbey. Unimaginable that this monarch would receive a stepped down funeral for the sake of her subjects

by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2020 6:50 PM

But, r19, she found the time and the will to help sway the Scottish independence referendum. The Windsors are a truly vile family.

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2020 6:58 PM

She's in amazing shape for 94. I think she'll make it to 100.

Her mother lived to be 101, and she got shitfaced drunk every day.

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2020 6:59 PM

[quote]But, [R19], she found the time and the will to help sway the Scottish independence referendum.

Scotland, like Northern Ireland, would be a third world country without the English. They need them.

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2020 7:01 PM

Every time I see a picture of her with her mouth open, I wonder why she never had her teeth fixed, we know the old gal can afford it, and clearly she thinks looking nice is important from the way she dresses.

Food has to get caught in that snaggletooth gap area of her mouth. I wonder how many times she has been talking to a foreign leader or king with a bit of broccoli hanging in there.

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2020 7:23 PM

Which crown should I choose for my coronation, cunts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2020 8:22 PM

We don't want to see Our Queen in a mask, ever.

by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2020 8:29 PM

"We will meet again."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2020 8:46 PM

She went up to the lab

To see what's on the slab.

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2020 8:50 PM

God! After watching that clip, I am convinced once more that...

Prince William is so Hot!!

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2020 8:53 PM

I think she's done. That was hari kari.

The big question is, will Meagain show for the funeral?

by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2020 9:53 PM

R60 has cataracts.

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2020 10:38 PM

R46 Yes, she looked noticeably older today. I live in Sweden (our country's reaction to COVID has been highly controversial and the country is evenly divided about it) and Queen Silvia (who is the Queen Consort here) gave an interview yesterday and admitted that being forced to stay home and not go out on her usual rounds of engagements made her feel her age (she's 77 I think). I imagine Queen Elizabeth felt the same way. She is someone use to always being on the go and for the last seven months she has been forced to stay home. That lack of purpose and activity probably aged her, made her feel old.

by Anonymousreply 63October 16, 2020 2:30 AM

One has survived an abdication, the Blitz, The War, my home burnt down, Margaret, Diana, Sarah, Andrew, Harry and Markle, being married to Philip, a silly little virus isn't going to fell me,

by Anonymousreply 65October 16, 2020 3:21 AM

The blood is on your hands, R64.

by Anonymousreply 66October 16, 2020 3:22 AM

R33 Is Charles.

by Anonymousreply 67October 16, 2020 3:26 AM

She’ll be fine maskless as long as she distances and stays out of crowded pubs

by Anonymousreply 68October 16, 2020 3:32 AM

I have to be seen to be believed.

by Anonymousreply 69October 16, 2020 3:49 AM

I suspect she will "mask up" if she undertakes any engagements indoors. I think her appearance today was made to try and give reassurance as they country enters the second wave.

by Anonymousreply 70October 16, 2020 4:05 AM

R70 It's a fucking odd way to do it. Surely an address to the nation would have been more appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 71October 16, 2020 12:43 PM

[quote]One has survived an abdication, the Blitz, The War, my home burnt down, Margaret, Diana, Sarah, Andrew, Harry and Markle, being married to Philip, a silly little virus isn't going to fell me,

On some level, I wouldn't be surprised if she and her courtiers actually believe that

by Anonymousreply 72October 16, 2020 3:20 PM

Do some of you guys really characterize this woman as some brave victim who conquered it all? Because if so, I am truly fascinated by this take.

by Anonymousreply 73October 16, 2020 3:38 PM

A new official portrait of the Queen has been released by the Canadian government.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 16, 2020 3:58 PM

It’s probably ok for her as she’s stooped over and won’t be able to fully breathe in the virus droplets

by Anonymousreply 75October 16, 2020 3:59 PM

R70... less conquered it all, than seen it all. You may disagree with her strategy, but I don't think there's much phases her now so as a CEO, she's got a frame of reference. Do I think she's always got it right? Not always. But I have no doubt she never panics when the heat's on.

by Anonymousreply 76October 16, 2020 4:03 PM

People want to see their queen. The critics can fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 77October 16, 2020 4:26 PM

R71 The Monarch doesn't continually 'Address the Nation' on the same subject.

She's The Queen, not some Frau on YouTube.

It isn't like she needs to be re-elected every 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 78October 16, 2020 4:59 PM

She wants to die.

by Anonymousreply 79October 16, 2020 5:10 PM

She’s afraid of getting to heaven and having to face Princess Diana.

by Anonymousreply 80October 16, 2020 5:52 PM

Oh, ffs, she's probably tested every other damned day, all the people around her were tested, she didn't touch anyone or anything, and she and William know that they NEED to be seen.

Charles already survived a mild case, his wife didn't even get it. Everyone really needs to get real.

If the government thought she and William were in danger for a nanosecond, she and the Duke would have been prevented from doing it. You have to know she cleared it with Whitehall first.

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 81October 16, 2020 6:06 PM

No one cares that much r81

by Anonymousreply 82October 16, 2020 6:08 PM

[Quote]Everyone really needs to get real.

Real as in Lockdown?

It was a stupid idea to send one of the most popular world figures out and about without a mask. Full stop.

by Anonymousreply 83October 16, 2020 6:13 PM

Calm down. It’s not like she’s at a MAGA rally.

by Anonymousreply 84October 16, 2020 6:56 PM

She's going to take a header in public. Soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 16, 2020 7:10 PM

[quote] [R71] The Monarch doesn't continually 'Address the Nation' on the same subject. She's The Queen, not the Duchess of Sussex.

by Anonymousreply 86October 16, 2020 7:46 PM

R71 We believe mummy needs to move on and if she can't bring herself to do that then at least she should move with the times.

by Anonymousreply 87October 17, 2020 8:00 AM

My gawd you queens, she's not going to a Trump rally...she'll be fine.

SHEESH.

by Anonymousreply 88October 17, 2020 8:10 AM

R80 - I bet she's not.

by Anonymousreply 89October 17, 2020 11:39 AM

I so wish Camilla would contract the virus and die from it! It would be like an early Christmas gift to the world.

by Anonymousreply 90October 17, 2020 9:09 PM

Camilla has turned out to be OK, much better than the Cuntess of Sussex.

by Anonymousreply 91October 17, 2020 11:10 PM

Stop it! Camilla is a hoot, a great person, and will make a fun Queen consort.

by Anonymousreply 92October 17, 2020 11:14 PM

R92 Exactly, she'll be Queen Consort. She'll never have any constitutional relevancy.

I hope she enjoys it for having to sleep with Charles, he's a slug.

by Anonymousreply 93October 17, 2020 11:32 PM

No, R62, I don't have cataracts. I have taste.

The men I find hot do not only have a full head of hair, a gym-honed body, and classic good looks. William is a nice looking man, but what makes him sexy and hot to me is his confidence and the way he carries himself.

by Anonymousreply 94October 17, 2020 11:45 PM

R76

[quote] “but I don't think there's much phases her now ..”

by Anonymousreply 95October 18, 2020 3:02 AM

I really don't care, do you?

by Anonymousreply 96October 18, 2020 3:03 AM

R90 - Jesus, refill your meds, all right?

The "world" wouldn't notice for more than 24 hours.

The rest of us living in the real "world" have a few more people ahead of the, at this point, totally anodyne Camilla, on the list whose absence would make the Yuletide season quite a bit merrier.

by Anonymousreply 97October 18, 2020 1:19 PM

I love this video of the Queen dancing with the Queen Mother, Philip, Charles and Anne in Scotland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 19, 2020 3:57 PM

Everybody loves to dance an eightsome reel at a ceilidh, r98. Although my own favourite is a Gay Gordon.

by Anonymousreply 99October 19, 2020 4:18 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 20, 2020 1:32 PM

The Queen is crowned in June 1953. Every time I hear the choir sing "God Save The Queen" at Westminster Abbey, I get goosebumps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 20, 2020 2:57 PM

A young Princess Margaret looking the part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 20, 2020 2:59 PM

R100 - There is a new general royal thread open: Royal New Ongoing.

by Anonymousreply 103October 21, 2020 12:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!