Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yes, Kamala saw the fly on Pence's head

This short clip from The Rachel Maddow Show is hilarious

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 17, 2020 12:41 PM

Kamala's Communications Director has Covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2020 2:50 PM

Dyke vibes

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2020 2:51 PM

R1, Pence likely spat him

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2020 2:53 PM

Harris looked great last night. Energetic, enthusiastic, engaged. And wow, she's got a sense of humor. Have you ever seen Trump or Pence enjoy a good laugh?

If something should happen to Biden I would sleep well at night knowing this woman was in charge. Sitting in the cabinet room, you just know that she wouldn't take any bullshit from anyone, unlike Donnie Two Scoops who demands sycophancy and adoration and has the attention span of a gnat with ADD.

She's like the teacher who wasn't falling for your excuses and would hand you back your essay with a 'C' and a note written in red 'You can do better!'

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2020 3:00 PM

I knew she saw the fly on Pence, you could tell when she looked at him she had this big smile on her face.

Nothing about Pence makes you want to smile, unless he has a fly on his head.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2020 3:03 PM

I did wonder if she saw it and it’s really really bizarre that she was aware of it and didn’t say anything which is why Rachel is questioning if she didn’t feel the “instinct” to do something. Is she really that petty? It says so much about her and in hindsight, she seems embarrassed to have done nothing which is why she wanted to “fly” away from the question because she knows what we’re all thinking about her including Rachel. She is not a leader.

People like this wont tell someone that they have spinach or lipstick in their teeth, or that their zipper is open, or stop to help someone in a car accident or do anything that is helpful to people who think or are different form them. Say what you will about Hillary, she would have told Pence he had a fat fly on his head. So would have Obama, even Pete I’m sure. Karma is a bitch and so is Kamala, her fat fly moment will come.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2020 3:13 PM

None of them would have told Pence he had a fly on his head and you know it, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2020 3:19 PM

Die in a grease fire, R6

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2020 3:20 PM

[quote]Say what you will about Hillary, she would have told Pence he had a fat fly on his head. So would have Obama, even Pete I’m sure. Karma is a bitch and so is Kamala, her fat fly moment will come.

No, they wouldn't have. The man spent his time lying and talking over her. He's part of an administration that is destroying what's left of democracy. He put children in camps. Pretended as if COVID didn....

He is the worst of the worst.

Not a single person except for you doesn't know that.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2020 3:22 PM

R6 You can't honestly believe that and have an IQ above room temperature.

No one else does.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2020 3:23 PM

R7 you’re really a dumb asshole to want Hillary, Obama and Pete to be as petty and bitchy as Kamala and clearly yourself.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2020 3:24 PM

It's funny because I watched the interview and was surprised when Rachel ended on that, but it was brilliant and a great way to let Kamala show a bit of humanity and humility in an otherwise deadly serious contest. I mean, the fate of the entire planet is on the ballot, and taking 15 seconds to enjoy a moment of levity was a breath of fresh air. The expression on Kamala's face was priceless. She handled it with grace, humor and intelligence. It was a moment that candidates both loathe and end up saying was pivotal.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2020 3:25 PM

R9 let’s see if you’re right in November. R10, Rachel asked the question and implied with her words and facial expressions that she would have done it so fuck off! People have become way to petty and tribalist, some of you will not survive Trump’s re-election and need to start seeking therapy now..for real! R12, the pivotal moment was realizing that she did nothing about the fly because she’s too petty.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2020 3:31 PM

R13, I agree Kamala should have told Pence, Mr Vice President you are attracting flies with your lies.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2020 3:32 PM

Kamala did the only appropriate thing she could have in that moment. Can you imagine the head explosions on the right had she tried to tell Pence he had a fly stuck in his shit? You expected Kamala to shift the focus to her actions rather than Pence's inaction? Talk about a parable for the election, and R13/R6 thinks that the Democrat should step in and save the Republican, once again.

Grease, there's a fire with your name on it. Die.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2020 3:41 PM

R6 doesn't understand how debates work. If a debater is building his own grave, you don't try to save them.

The fly distracted from what Pence was saying for two minutes--and that was good for Kamala.

Plus there were two glass panels between them and many feet apart. What should she have done? Flapped her arms on live camera?

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2020 4:32 PM

It was a funny segment. But I think that Senator Harris wound up speaking overall for less time than Rachel had planned, and left early, since Chris Hayes subsequently sat in for maybe five to seven minutes and talked. I think he helped fill in time for which there wasn't anything else planned.

I don't know this for a fact, but that was my impression, watching the show at the time.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2020 4:32 PM

I haven't put anyone on ignore in quite a while, so R6 must be a longtime asshole.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2020 4:43 PM

R16 digging his own grave is debatable and no she didn’t have to flap her arms around, she just needed to tell him and guess what, she would have come across as incredibly classy and graceful instead of lacking in basic decency.

Anyway Democrats don’t even like her which is why she was out of the primaries early so all this pretense now about her is only desperation because she’s all that Dems have. No black celebrities with clout are coming out to back her...where’s Oprah?

Even the leftist media know there’s something amiss with her, you could see it from Rachel’s reaction to her answer and you can see it every time Colbert interviews her ever since she flip flopped from calling Biden a racist and proceeded to say it was a debate after accepting to be his VP. I guess that’s your understanding of how debates work.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2020 5:58 PM

I love her sense of humor. She gives one the sense that she’s really as stunned by the tragic absurdity of this moment as the rest of us are, but still has hope that there’s a way to strategize away from what looks like the apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2020 6:03 PM

After he constantly disregarded the debate rules, which he had agreed to, let him hang himself. Never use the term " basic decency" when speaking of anything or anyone connected to the Trump Administration, R19.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2020 6:05 PM

R20 no she gives the sense that that she understands nothing beyond her maniacal ambition to rise to the highest office. She has a very surface level understanding of what is going on in the country. In 2016 she referred to herself as Indian American but now refers to herself as African American because it’s politically expedient. Never mind that she’s married to a White guy but yes she really identifies with black America.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2020 6:08 PM

I am sure r22 is real concerned about race issues in this country and isn't just flapping his gums about surface level bullshit that means nothing of any substance but is something to scream about and make it look like she's emptily problematic, unlike the very real people in charge putting people in fucking cages

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2020 6:10 PM

Rachel is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2020 6:11 PM

R24 and she’s smarter than you

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2020 6:22 PM

[quote]Have you ever seen Trump or Pence enjoy a good laugh?

Neither one has ever been shown to be laughing - not even a little.

Trump smirks and Pence pompously smiles. And that's it.

They're psychologically - or perhaps morally in Pence's case - incapable of laughing out loud.

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2020 6:26 PM

R24, and she's a millionaire

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2020 9:20 PM

r24, and she's a national celebrity

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2020 9:21 PM

r24, and she's a Rhodes Scholar

...and what have you done with your life?

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2020 9:21 PM

Like ACB, R29. She was one, too !

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2020 9:32 PM

Not sure why she was so scared to answer the question.

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2020 9:38 PM

Rachel wants to lick Kamalas pussy so badly. She can’t hide it.

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2020 9:40 PM

R32, her boxers must have been soaked!

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2020 9:46 PM

[quote] I think that Senator Harris wound up speaking overall for less time than Rachel had planned, and left early, since Chris Hayes subsequently sat in for maybe five to seven minutes and talked. I think he helped fill in time for which there wasn't anything else planned.

R17, in the hand-off between Chris and Rachel, she said something about Chris would be rejoining them after Senator Harris, I don't remember the exact words but Chris showing up was a planned event.

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2020 9:15 PM

[quote] make it look like she's emptily problematic,

You type frau.

by Anonymousreply 35October 17, 2020 12:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!