Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Hate Dogs!

They are gross. Annoying. Stinky shitbags that do nothing but bark and jump on people. That is, when they are not busy shitting in public and eating smll child.

I am sick of having to pretend I like dogs.

Tell me I am not alone, DL.

by Anonymousreply 86August 26, 2021 1:54 AM

Gays and straights whose dogs are treated better and given better medical care than many people in this world always...give me a bit of pause. If they treat their dog that well, I look to their charitable giving to see if it extends to humanitarian causes ensuring decent treatment for humans too. Not that they care what I think.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2020 2:44 PM

Pretty much, yes you are.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2020 2:50 PM

People who love dogs and cats more than their own species are generally suspect to me.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2020 2:51 PM

I actually have a smallish Pomeranian and I love him very much. He brings innocent love and companionship into my life and he is really low-stress and flexible, calm personality. He's just a joy.

However. I cannot stand people who refer to their dogs as their children. My "fur babies." Bull fucking shit. You can leave a dog alone in a house and go to a party without calling and paying a babysitter. You will never have to scrimp and save to send your fur baby to college. They will not be there to care for you when you are old. It's not a lifetime heart and soul commitment to own a dog. It's 10-16 years. I just think it's gross to act like you can even begin to know what parenting is like. Notice, real parents never call their dog a "fur baby."

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2020 2:54 PM

I love dogs, but I don't want one. Too needy, too much maintenance.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2020 2:56 PM

What R1 and R3 said. I love dogs and grew up with a couple, but people who get psychotic in their love to the point that they have a"Buffalo Bill" like mentality where Precious' well-being concerns you, but the human kept in a well to be skinned alive gets barely a reaction, frightens me.

I do find people who prioritize animals over humans to be lacking in empathy.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2020 2:58 PM

People who hate children and animals aren't all bad.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2020 2:58 PM

The people that are obsessed with dogs and treat their pets better than humans are usually people who don’t have the mental or emotional capacity to connect with humans. It’s a bit disturbing. Of course the standard excuse from these types is that “humans suck.”🙄 And I find that funny because yes, there are some shitty people in the world, but guess what? There are a lot of dogs with shitty attitudes and temperament problems too that aren’t exactly a joy to be around.

I’ve also noticed that it’s almost always white people obsessed with dogs.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2020 2:58 PM

I find people who don't like dogs to generally be terrible people.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2020 2:59 PM

R9 So because they don’t like an animal that is known for barking nonstop, biting, and being possibly violent means someone is a bad person?

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2020 3:01 PM

Wow, it's really sad to see such hatred towards poor defenseless animals and those that care for them.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2020 3:02 PM

R1, whenever I hear this argument, I want to say, let’s take a look at your credit card statement.

People who spend more than $100 a month on clothing or eating out should be donating money to shelters and soup kitchens to clothe and feed the poor. People who spend more than $500 a month on their car should consider ditching it and taking public transportation. Donate the money saved and reduce a personal carbon footprint in the process.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2020 3:03 PM

" I look to their charitable giving to see if it extends to humanitarian causes"

Exactly how do you do that, R1? I suspect that you eat much better "than many people in this world", but that doesn't bother you, does it?

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2020 3:05 PM

I do not hate them, but I don't really like them. I agree, though - having to pretend with the "Omg, fluffy is sooo cuuuute!" I do hate that part.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2020 3:06 PM

R10 was never on the debate team, and is, in fact, an idiot. And a prisspot.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2020 3:07 PM

[quote]Wow, it's really sad to see such hatred towards poor defenseless animals

And this mindset is part of the problem with people these days - animals are not defenseless. An animal’s natural habitat is outdoors, so they know how to survive on their own if necessary.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2020 3:07 PM

R15 = dog loon with no human friends

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2020 3:08 PM

In fitting with R9's analysis, Donald Trump does not and has never had a dog. Openly hates'em. Won't let the kids have one, either.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2020 3:09 PM

If you bring your dog into somewhere like CVS or Lowe's, then you deserve to die. YOU, not your dog. No one wants a damn dog walking around the store unless it's TRULY a service dog.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2020 3:12 PM

OP is not alone being fat, ugly and cunty, all in one massive body.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2020 3:14 PM

Yes, all people that love dogs are better than those who don’t.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2020 3:16 PM

I don't hate dogs but I dislike some dog owners! Specifically ones who let their dogs bark outside.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2020 3:17 PM

[quote]Tell me I am not alone, DL.

No can do, OP.

And may you stay alone. Forever and ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2020 3:20 PM

Love dogs...

Always happy to see you...

Never talk back to you...

And never ask you for anything but love in return.

That said, I'd rather have a lover.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2020 3:22 PM

R18, then by your logic, we should assume you'd get along well with Hitler, Leona Helmsley and National Front cunt Bridgitte Bardot.

What a ridiculous notion to think someone should just be in love with dogs to be considered good. If you love dogs, that's fine, but when you prioritize dogs to the point that human suffering doesn't register with you, then you are in fact a fucked up person.

R19, the other day, I was in Rite-Aid and this asshole (with a mask below his nose) had a pitbull "service dog." This old dickhead -who looked 90lbs soaking wet- was standing adjacent the line of people waiting to pay. His fucking pitbull was like a foot away from anyone at the front of the line and no one wanted near it. This poor old man with a cane waiting in the front of the line (which meant it was his turn to be closest to that thing) was trying to be nice to the dog (only spoke to it, didn't get closer to it) and the dog almost attacked him. It took the shithead owner all of his strength to keep the dog from attacking. This fucking owner ended up skipping the long line just to get him and his pitbull out of the fucking store. It was disgusting that he was allowed in with that thing and the workers make Rite-Aid liable for anything that would happen.

I don't hate dogs, I hate their vile owners who are even worse than parents who allow kids to run amok in a restaurant or airplane.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2020 3:22 PM

Why why why R25??? Not another triggered meandering comment yet again!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2020 3:24 PM

Remember when dogs used to be treated like pets instead of being treated like humans? Their owners loved them and took care of them, but they didn’t insist on taking them EVERYWHERE, didn’t dress them in clothes, didn’t throw birthday parties for them, etc. It seems like this over the top shit started with Millennials.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2020 3:24 PM

OP here.

What I hate most about dogs are their owners. I hate when they bring their dog to an event or in public and expect everyone to fawn over it.

I hate the ones who think that just because they pick up their dog shit, they are a good pet owner. No. I do not care if you pick up its shit. Do NOT let it shit on my yard.

And, the nutters who think that dogs can do no harm. The ones who think all dogs are innocent unless they have a bad owner, as though these animals are Pokémon or something.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2020 3:29 PM

Like dogs but HATE HATE HATE HAAAAAATE there owners!!!!!!!!! 99.9% of dog owners are cunty entitled bipolar mental cases who believe their pets are human.

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2020 3:29 PM

No, R25, there are exceptions to every rule, and I would expect you to recall that but you, like Trump, are as dumb as a box of hair (aka Trump's 'do) and can't comprehend why people love dogs. Even bad people. No, it takes someone truly terrible to hate dogs... or perhaps we're looking at this the wrong way:maybe it takes someone lacking in empathy and caring about others so much that they cannot even find the smallest of joys in the world, one of them being the love of a dog. And you want to talk about not recognizing "human suffering" in the same breath as defending Donald Trump for not being a dog owner?

R25, you're a sad excuse for a human being.

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2020 3:34 PM

R30, what a load of shit you just wrote. You're so blinded by your own obsession with dogs that you think I said I can't understand people loving dogs. In fact, I made it crystal clear that my issue wasn't with people who loved dogs. I was very specific with whom I have an issue. And the fact that Trump was mentioned at all was so fucking stupid to begin with, that's why I responded with those three.

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2020 3:38 PM

r24 Thankfully, Charlois, you live in a world where you can have both.

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2020 3:38 PM

[quote][R25], you're a sad excuse for a human being.

Really? I spent much of the pandemic shopping for a disabled neighbor. What did you do? Bring a bag to finally pick up after your dog?

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2020 3:41 PM

R1 here. By virtue of the fact that I don't worry about food security, I eat better than most people in this world. And you know full well that's not what we're talking about.

You can often tell what causes people support with charitable donations, whether it's from them announcing their donation on social media or seeing them at events for that cause.

It's a by product of the Me Generation that when they have more money than they know what to do with, they spend it on themselves. The Silent Generation understood the idea obligation of giving to charity or doing some good in the world before you spent money on something foolish or self-aggrandizing.

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2020 3:42 PM

Touched a nerve, I see, R25.

Laughing at you.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2020 3:44 PM

I love dogs and cats but I long ago out grew that desire to have a pet, people see a cute animal and most of them have the reaction of "Oh I want one". I don't, I love my friends dogs and cats, and they seem to really like me, I just don't want one.

by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2020 3:47 PM

[quote] [R9] So because they don’t like an animal that is known for barking nonstop, biting, and being possibly violent means someone is a bad person?

Yes, r10, because they don't like an animal known for guiding the blind, cheering up children with cancer, and protecting us from hidden explosives, someone is probably a bad person.

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2020 3:47 PM

R35, you didn't at all. You merely exemplify what we mean by people who prioritize animals. Very self-centered and oblivious to that fact. You're the equivalent of the loud cell phone talker or the parent who thinks it's cute when their kid runs up to someone's table and touches the stranger's food.

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2020 3:47 PM

But R32, it's easier to get a dog during this pandemic than a lover!!

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2020 3:48 PM

R30 you really can’t imagine why someone wouldn’t like dogs? How about the fact they slobber and shit all over the place? How about how they fart. How about how they have an oder no matter how much you wash them? Need more? They bark at things for no reason. They attack and kill wild animals. They bite. They care only about food. They kill people. They have hair that flies around. They ruin grass and flowers with their piss. They jump on people. They hump legs.

All of those are more than enough reasons to hate dogs. But the biggest reason I hate dogs is to piss off little assholes like you who think all dogs are precious no matter what and that there is something odd about disliking them.

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2020 3:49 PM

Dogs are smelly and I’d never get one but they are kind creatures in general. You don’t need to have a dog or interact with them, neither do you need to pretend to like them OP

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2020 3:50 PM

You are soulless

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2020 3:51 PM

R30 /r35 = fat ass fraucunt bipolar mental case. See these dog owner are the WORST! Put r30 /r35 on "ignore" and read the crazy shit.

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2020 3:52 PM

I love our dog very much - I pay more for her to get groomed every six weeks than I spend on my own haircuts, she sleeps in bed with us, I pay attention to the consistency of her poops, she’s entirely dependent on me and when we got her I knew I had to be serious about committing to take care of her for the rest of her life - but she’s not my child and it ultimately doesn’t do her any good for me to anthropomorphize her. I honestly don’t understand people who are only able to feel empathy for animals, but I also don’t understand people who don’t like them on a case-by-case basis.

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2020 3:53 PM

Well, lucky for you, OP, Dogs say the feeling is mutual.

by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2020 3:53 PM

[quote] Really? I spent much of the pandemic shopping for a disabled neighbor. What did you do?

Ah, so that's r25's problem. She's bitter because she didn't get enough recognition for her virtuous pandemic deeds.

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2020 3:54 PM

I didn't say he [italic]will[/italic] have both, r39. I said he [italic]could[/italic] have both.

r38, I am not the person at whom you are vaginating, but I, too, like most dogs more than most people. But you will never hear me using speakerphone in public and, well, I don't have any of those rug rat things that go running up to people's tables. Perhaps a return to FrausalinaLounge would be more to your liking.

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2020 3:54 PM

I almost hate to post this because the dog mafia is scary and powerful, but I have no issues with dogs who are treated as dogs/pets. It's those people who treat their pets like children or family members that kind of freak me out. The dogs are running wild. They are barking like crazy. They're at the table in the kitchen. They're in the bedroom. Boundaries people. Boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2020 3:57 PM

[quote]Ah, so that's [R25]'s problem. She's bitter because she didn't get enough recognition for her virtuous pandemic deeds.

Nope, I just find it preposterous how hyperbolic some of you get when criticized. "Soulless" "Pathetic excuse for a human." You think those are normal responses when I said nothing to warrant that reaction? My goodness, you'd think I was calling for the deaths of dogs from that ridiculous response.

I actually don't believe in "virtue signalling" and this is an anonymous board, so I've never felt the need to publicly announce anything I do in the real world. And yet, you feel it's fine to refer to me as you did for merely commenting on how I actually have no problem with people who love dogs, but I do have a problem with those prioritize their passion to the point that human suffering is lost on you.

Frankly, you've only proven the point about certain animal-obsessed-types.

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2020 4:03 PM

I hate irresponsible dog owners far more than the dogs who can't help the fact that they're annoying and poop all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2020 4:20 PM

Okay, R47. I'm greedy. What's your number? And what type of dog do you like? I've had Golden Retrievers and Yorkies.

For lovers, I tend toward muscle bears...

by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2020 4:58 PM

OP is talking to herself through multiple accounts. The nurse must be late with today’s Thorazine shot.

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2020 5:00 PM

They're... okay, in small doses, though the needs and neediness wear thin in some haste. The bigger probem is that there are too many irresponsible asshole dog owners. Don't get me started about a gorgeous park just south of SF that allows off-leash dogs, has suffered a lot thanks to shithead dog owners. And don't you fucking dare criticize individuals or the broader realities or you're worse than goddamn satan.

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2020 5:08 PM

R7 You got that one wrong. Hitler and the Nazis were way out front in condemning animal cruelty and led Europe in the "animal rights" movement. Herr Lipp famously loved dogs -- people not so much, which makes my point.

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2020 5:14 PM

OP is an Honorary Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2020 5:23 PM

r51 Charlie, while I prefer shorthaired dogs, I absolutely love Golden Retrievers. I like a nice black and white mutt (a tuxedo, if it were a cat). I wouldn't want to live with any of the pit bull varieties or a Rottweiler.

If I were to choose a breed dog, it would be an Italian Greyhound, or maybe a German Shepherd—they're what I grew up with. I like German Shorthaired Pointers, but I no longer have the strength and stamina you need to bring one up. A rescue dog of some sort would be just fine.

As for the other matter, I think I'll hold off sending my contact info, as I'm much more a Fat Whore (great lasagne) than a Muscle Bear (not gonna say how long it's been since I've seen the inside of a gym).

by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2020 5:32 PM

That's fine, OP.

But you're a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2020 5:41 PM

That sounds really, really specific R4 -- can you give more details?

by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2020 5:42 PM

they are infiltrating the urban cores as more millennials and singles move into the new apartments and then BUY a dog. In one new gleaming glass and steel apartment highrise in my city , I saw a woman coming out with a HUSKY to walk it along the freeway frontage road. The public library downtown had a dogshit crisis on their landscaped parking garage and had to crackdown

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2020 5:47 PM

I don't know if this is just an LA thing or not but I hate when people bring their dogs to work. Having worked in many post production houses, this is a common thing. Also hate the bring your dogs to restaurants thing too.

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2020 5:47 PM

Threads like this always remind me of how many mentally unstable people post on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2020 5:49 PM

R56, those are all nice dogs...

And you cook a good lasagna? Well, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, and I could be your muscle bear.

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2020 5:51 PM

R7, I think it was W.C. Fields that coined that...

by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2020 5:53 PM

Happy National Pug Day, OP! (Today, Pugtober 15th)

My pug still loves you, and so do I. Now, enjoy these photos of JFK's two kids being presented with a sweet little pug puppy by one of his Secret Service agents. Tres adorbs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2020 6:15 PM

I HATE hearing the barks of a neighbor's dog. I also hate when people take dangerous breeds like pit bulls out in public spaces.

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2020 6:25 PM

I like dogs, and most dog owners are okay, BUT just had an encounter with an asshole on the beach who kind of walked toward where his dog shit in the sand and then changed his mind and walked away from it. He had a whole bunch of excuses, the best one being, his dog is "sick" and the shit is "clear." Like that's better to step in clear sick dog shit than a firm turd. What a dirty mother fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2020 6:39 PM

Much like people, there's a pot for every lid. Not every dog will be for you. I love dogs, but I've encountered some asshole dogs before and I hate when their owners think they can never do anything wrong. They'll be assholes to you because their dog was a bitch to you. It's a lot like people and their children. Some kids are great and some deserve to be thrown into a big DL sponsored grease fire.

My dog is a sweetheart to me and I love him with all my heart, but he can be an asshole to others and I always try to take that into consideration.

by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2020 6:53 PM

“I like my dog more than people” people are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2020 7:32 PM

R28, is that your baby? He is absolutely precious and I’m available to babysit him a million weekends in a row, if you’d like. And for free!

by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2020 7:56 PM

You type soulless.

by Anonymousreply 70October 15, 2020 8:13 PM

A friend of mine has adopted several old Chihuahuas over the past 20 years. He said most of their previous owners died or went into nursing care. His dogs might not start out calm but within a few months they are really mellow and relaxed. He never refers to them as fur babies or dresses them in clothes, he just gives them a nice quiet home.

I asked him if he wishes they were younger and he said no he likes the old grannies and grandpas. It's just a very natural relationship but he's that way with everyone.

by Anonymousreply 71October 15, 2020 9:01 PM

[quote] Notice, real parents never call their dog a "fur baby."

Oh, I know some who do. Agreed, though, that it is cringe-inducing and gross, whether coming from parents or non-parents. I love dogs and have had two as an adult and several growing up, but I hate it when grown men and women get all cutesy-poo about their dogs. They are not "fur babies." If they could speak, they would not speak baby talk or express the insipid thoughts you attribute to them. And they do not appreciate being shoved into clothing and costumes; that shit is for human gratification only.

by Anonymousreply 72October 15, 2020 11:02 PM

I haven't had a dog since the 1970s....at that time, people opened the door and let the dog (and cat) out. We (me) never heard of all those diseases, life threatening delicate conditions of the indoor pet population. I'm not saying let them out now - I'm saying, what happened?

by Anonymousreply 73October 16, 2020 12:15 AM

I find dogs’ neediness nauseating. I respect cats’ disdain and general cuntitude.

by Anonymousreply 75October 16, 2020 2:50 AM

Its well known many serial killers started out abusing and killing animals like dogs. I'm always weary whenever someone says they hate dogs.

by Anonymousreply 76October 17, 2020 11:31 PM

I love hot dogs.

by Anonymousreply 77October 17, 2020 11:32 PM

Anybody capable of hating an animal, especially dogs definitely has psychological issues and needs help.

by Anonymousreply 78October 20, 2020 1:10 AM

me too OP! fuck them!

by Anonymousreply 79October 20, 2020 1:27 AM

Im ok with dogs, but I dont like my neighbors who are perpetually walking their dogs. Like do you have any other hobbies? Sometimes I want to exit my home without seeing other humans. Oh well, those bitches can keep an eye on my house while Im gone.

by Anonymousreply 80October 20, 2020 2:06 AM

R76 And it is well known that Hitler loved dogs. Your point?

by Anonymousreply 81March 7, 2021 9:03 PM

I got my dog from the pound. He's a junkyard pitbull dutchess!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82March 7, 2021 9:39 PM

There’s a dog in my neighborhood that has been barking for fucking ever and I can’t stand it. So fucking annoying!

by Anonymousreply 83August 26, 2021 12:05 AM

The shittiest dog in the world>> Any republican or self involved shitty person.

You have major psychological issues if you hate all dogs.

by Anonymousreply 84August 26, 2021 1:42 AM

🐕 My dog pisses in the general direction of many of you. 🐕

by Anonymousreply 85August 26, 2021 1:50 AM

Plus je vois des hommes, plus j'aime mes chiens. --attribué à Pascal

by Anonymousreply 86August 26, 2021 1:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!