Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Making and Remaking of Timothee Chalamet

Can anybody say over the top? When will this mediocre actor be over?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363November 28, 2020 12:59 AM

Does Ratboy even have anything to promote?

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2020 1:43 PM

Oh wait, this was probably arranged before Dune was pushed back a full year.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2020 1:43 PM

R1: Not at the moment but I'm sure this article was published to accompany yesterday's announcement that he's been cast in the Netflix film Don't Look Up. So basically it's just Hollywood continuing to shove Ratboy down our throats as the most talented, the most beautiful, etc.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2020 1:50 PM

Yet you’re here, publishing a thread about Timothee Chalamet OP

Good job

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2020 1:55 PM

OP and R1 will drop dead long before Timmy does. Sock it, fat hoes, until you fatly die.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2020 1:56 PM

That’s a lovely pic of Timmy, less rodenty than usual and it doesn’t show his pallid, sickly body.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2020 1:57 PM

You’re not helping your cause when you continually start threads about this retard.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2020 2:16 PM

[QUOTE] That’s a lovely pic of Timmy, less rodenty than usual and it doesn’t show his pallid, sickly body.

Yeah he does look hot there. That’s what most people see when they think of him, and that explains his popularity (for those who can’t seem to figure it out). If he’d just put on a minimal amount of muscle, he’d be the ultimate twink.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2020 2:22 PM

Still trying to prove that he's straight I see.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2020 3:29 PM

That part where he said a 30 something Julliard actor could replace him and make him feel like a piece of shit.... that can't come soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2020 3:36 PM

When will he be over? WHEN?

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2020 4:32 PM

He's a dream. A God among men.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2020 4:43 PM

He must be related to someone in show business. Or he’s fucking an older gentleman in show business. His talent certainly isn’t putting him in these movies.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2020 4:59 PM

R13: He must give the best blowjobs since Nancy Reagan if we have endless PR like this calling him the most talented and the most beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2020 5:08 PM

I think he´s more talented as a model than as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2020 5:09 PM

I love that article mentioned the all moron panel of actors and directors who have to pretend that he's Aristotle.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2020 5:13 PM

I think he’s cute and I loved him in Little Women . Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2020 6:30 PM

He's the best young actor working in Hollywood today. He made Armie Hammer look like a beginner in CMBYN.

He has two Oscar-bait movies coming out next year--Dune and Don't Look Up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2020 7:09 PM

I want the vulgar poster with poor spelling & grammar to weigh in on this.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2020 7:09 PM

[quote]I think he´s more talented as a model than as an actor.

R15 just lowered the bar for models across the land.

To the FLOOR, he lowered it.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2020 7:15 PM

He reminds me of Peter Evans, in that they are both getting less and less attractive as they age.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2020 7:20 PM

I'm surprised the article didn't mention his relationship with Armie Hammer. That's a very big element in Timmy's life for them to just gloss over like that.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2020 7:26 PM

R22 Armie ain't shit

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2020 7:35 PM

R22: Clearly a deliberate move by his massive PR who demand and insist that we worship at his altar.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2020 8:07 PM

R24 Why talk about Armie in any case.

He's toxic right now

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2020 8:23 PM

[quote]The Making and Remaking of Timothee Chalamet

Do you think they could make and remake a decent ass for him while they're at it?

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2020 8:27 PM

When dumbass people quit creating posts about him every day

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2020 8:28 PM

[quote]Do you think they could make and remake a decent ass for him while they're at it?

And a humanoid face, R26.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2020 8:32 PM

[quote]When will this mediocre actor be over?

When posts about him on DL go away. Please go away.

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2020 8:44 PM

R9 He's gonna try until he's not relevant anymore, but still

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2020 10:10 PM

[quote] When will this mediocre actor be over?

Never, when even the people who think he is mediocre actor are starting threads about him.

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2020 10:49 PM

Datalounge at his best at being jealous ugly bitches

You will rot in your graves before he goes down

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2020 12:30 AM

R32 All that crying will give you crow's feet.

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2020 12:33 AM

Needs to wax that unibrow.

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2020 12:39 AM

R32=SHRIEK SHRIEK SHRIEK SHRIEK SHRIEK SHRIEK SHRIEK SHRIEK SHRIEK SHRIEK SHRIEK SHRIEK!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2020 1:09 AM

R32 Actually, I don't think he's got many years left as Hollywood's darling. He's already an odd fit for the image he's trying to project. Wandering around the countryside in red rubber boots and a plaid coat like a lost little boy? Some of his mannerisms during the photoshoot were embarrassingly childish. Isn't he 24 now? The concept was odd and the interview answers seemed like they were processed by an algorithm designed to please the maximum number of people. All very calculated and inauthentic. One endless humblebrag. Come to think of it, I still have no idea who this guy really is... Next.

by Anonymousreply 36October 16, 2020 1:19 AM

Dear god! The shit writers exalt, to meet a deadline, at these unreadable rags is beyond me.

Will the writer of this article remember ANY salient point from it a month from now?

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2020 1:39 AM

R36 Well I usually feel that way about his interviews but not this one. I mean, he's actually talking about what you are saying, the fact that he is so desperate to please people and not mess up or say the wrong thing all the time. Admitting that is authenticity.

In just over a year, he'll officially be in his late 20s, so yes, there will maybe be another guy in his early 20s to come and take that slot soon. (Although maybe not, since I can't remember the last one people really got excited for before Chalamet). But providing he doesn't fuck up in his personal life, his career isn't going anywhere because he's being smart about it. He's working with renowned directors, those that consistently get Oscar love. And not only is he working with them, but he forms clear bonds with them, which will make them want to hire him again. You can see that from the quotes from others in that article. Obviously Greta Gerwig has already hired him twice, Wes Anderson considers him a part of his acting troupe already etc.

by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2020 1:55 AM

If only the title was The Destruction of Timothee Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 39October 16, 2020 2:06 AM

R38 I think it’s a bit early to refer to Gerwig as a renowned director, she more like an anomaly.

by Anonymousreply 40October 16, 2020 2:07 AM

[quote]When dumbass people quit creating posts about him every day

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Back at you, OP!

by Anonymousreply 41October 16, 2020 2:09 AM

R40 I don't think so. She's directed only two movies, yes, but both were commercial successes, both were nominated for Best Picture, both got into the 90s on Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes. It's pretty unlikely that she'll follow them up with dud after dud. And then there's her history as a screenwriter.

by Anonymousreply 42October 16, 2020 2:12 AM

very excited to see DUNE! can not wait!

by Anonymousreply 43October 16, 2020 2:27 AM

R40 Hollywood is too misogynistic, I don’t see female directors as a sustainable thing. She doesn’t look to be the one to beat the odds, she’ll be a footnote for doing some small woman’s films and that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 44October 16, 2020 2:41 AM

R44 What? Both of her movies have been super successful, why would studios not hire her? It's misogynistic in terms of getting your foot through the door but she full on kicked it open.

by Anonymousreply 45October 16, 2020 2:43 AM

“I don’t see female directors as a sustainable thing.”

R44 is giving us 1920s-level sexism.

by Anonymousreply 46October 16, 2020 2:44 AM

BLECH

by Anonymousreply 47October 16, 2020 2:47 AM

I see Gerwig getting ground up and spit out and ending up like Frances Farmer in the end. If tough women like Penny Marshall and Nora Ephron couldn’t completely breakthrough, there no way wilting flower Gerwig will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 16, 2020 2:54 AM

He's cute and has nice hair. But he is not sexy, he is not beautiful and he is not handsome. Like Robert Pattinson and Harry Styles, his looks are extremely hyped up. Outside of the internet, nobody talks about him. He isn't that famous or well-known. Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Reynolds, Matt Damon and Mark Wahlberg are well-known. I hear girls talk about Noah Centineo, Zayn, Michael B Jordan and Shawn Mendes as young hot guys but never Timothee. His popularity seems to be confined to fangirls of Call Me By Your Name, a movie which a lot of people I know in real life didn't even watch.

by Anonymousreply 49October 16, 2020 2:54 AM

I mean, I think the point is that he hasn't had a string of teen-friendly Netflix movies like Noah Centineo, he hasn't been part of a global boyband like Zayn, he hasn't been in one of the highest grossing blockbusters of all time like Michael B Jordan. He has starred in movies largely made for adults, that have been exclusively indies and mid-budgets. And yet he DOES have a large fanbase of teens that wait outside his hotel in somewhere like Budapest, that give him over 3 billion views on TikTok etc. No one would have believed 5 years ago that a Luca Guadagnino movie could produce such a star. But his fanbase clearly expands beyond that now. Little Women grossed over $100m domestic and $200m worldwide and he played the love interest that girls pine for.

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2020 3:03 AM

This pretty much tells you all you need to know about Gerwig’s directing, there’s no way a Nickelson or. Deniro is going to put up with someone like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2020 3:11 AM

As if she needs a Nicholson or De Niro. She gets her actors Oscar nominated anyway.

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2020 3:13 AM

Nicholson? De Niro?

Aren't they dead, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 53October 16, 2020 6:56 AM

De Niro's 20 latest films are stinking shit!!! Oh, please, auntie R51.

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2020 9:16 AM

De Niro's 20 latest films are stinking shit!!! Oh, please, auntie R51.

by Anonymousreply 55October 16, 2020 9:16 AM

I don't think Mr. Wallace Beery will take kindly to the antics of these lady directors!

by Anonymousreply 56October 16, 2020 9:37 AM

The Ratboy film is due for a remake, it could be Timothy's break out leading role!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 16, 2020 9:53 AM

During recessions skinny male stars are less appealing.

by Anonymousreply 58October 16, 2020 9:54 AM

Chalamet has a face like a dropped pie.

by Anonymousreply 59October 16, 2020 10:29 AM

No. he doesn't, r59, you fucking idiot.

The coat he's wearing in this pic, OTOH...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 16, 2020 10:42 AM

James Cusati-Moyer, Tony-nominated yesterday for his role as Dustin in Slave Play, shares this month's GQ with coverboy Tim O'Tay. He's 31. All I can think of is what an excellent Oliver he'd've made.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 16, 2020 10:49 AM

R50 i guess the difference between Timothee and Leo and Depp is that TC has a huge social media following that stans for him as opposed to traditional media and TV. You can be popular with millions online but still unknown with many in real life who don't follow you.

by Anonymousreply 62October 16, 2020 1:47 PM

R62 Well yes but I think that's the way it goes with most stars nowadays. He states that himself in the interview: 'Hollywood is different, the media is different, fans are different, movies are different, the world is different. “I've realized that as much as these heroes of mine mean to me, and as grateful as I am when they offer me advice, even they acknowledge it's just a different thing now.”'

I don't think that's something specific to him. The last real movie star that managed to become a household name at the same time as becoming an internet sensation was probably Jennifer Lawrence. I don't know that it will happen again, I think people will always be known online first.

by Anonymousreply 63October 16, 2020 2:02 PM

Overrated little rat.

by Anonymousreply 64October 16, 2020 2:19 PM

Why do teenage girls always like these guys that look like lesbians. He looks like Christie McNichol and Lily Tomlinson made a person.

by Anonymousreply 65October 17, 2020 2:02 AM

R65: It’s because guys who look like him have that sexually non threatening look. A guy like that isn’t going to ravage you in the bedroom. As strange as it is, Hollywood is forcing bland looking actors and actresses and making us accept them as sex symbols these days.

by Anonymousreply 66October 17, 2020 2:51 AM

This motherfucker is officially over-exposed in 3, 2, 1...

by Anonymousreply 67October 17, 2020 2:54 AM

R65: I don’t get it either but it’s GQ after all. Since the beginning, GQ has hyped the shit out of this kid and touting him as cover star, generational, fashion icon, sex symbol, etc.

by Anonymousreply 68October 17, 2020 2:55 AM

What r7 said. I dont think its fair that threads about IG hoes get shuttered, but you bitches can start unlimited threads about this mutherfucker. Like there are multiple a day!

by Anonymousreply 69October 17, 2020 2:58 AM

R69 There aren't though. You'd have a point if you were talking about Armie Hammer.

by Anonymousreply 70October 17, 2020 3:39 AM

[quote]The last real movie star that managed to become a household name at the same time as becoming an internet sensation was probably Jennifer Lawrence.

I don't think she's actually a household name, like, say, Brad Pitt or Meryl Streep.

by Anonymousreply 71October 17, 2020 5:33 AM

R71 Well they are significantly older and have therefore been famous for much longer. Obviously the longer you're famous for, the more secure you become in household name status. But I do think most US households would know who Jennifer Lawrence is.

by Anonymousreply 72October 17, 2020 5:56 AM

[quote]I do think most US households would know who Jennifer Lawrence is.

And wish they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 73October 17, 2020 9:37 AM

[quote]threads about IG hos get shuttered

Which hos, r69?

by Anonymousreply 74October 17, 2020 9:40 AM

Yeah sorry. Chalamet [bold]STILL[/bold] has a face like a dropped pie.

by Anonymousreply 75October 17, 2020 11:45 AM

He has the type of face and body that increases in allure if attached to a fat long veiny bent dick. I suppose I could picture him as a bottom but there are better kinds of bottom than this type. He needs to be a skinny hung twink. So, how big is it?

by Anonymousreply 76October 17, 2020 12:33 PM

I think there are two ways he can kill his career. 1) Continuing to do more and more embarrassing PR stunts) and 2) Insisting on playing only leading man roles in commercial films. I say this because he is ambitious and fame has probably hit his head. It wouldn’t surprise me if he went in either one or both of these directions.

by Anonymousreply 77October 17, 2020 1:13 PM

I think it's pretty obvious that the second wont happen. He just signed on for what looks to be a very small role because of the director and cast that surround it. Plus commercial films aren't what get you the Oscar he so clearly wants.

by Anonymousreply 78October 17, 2020 1:15 PM

r63 Problem with depending on "stans" for your career is they're so fickle they make the rest of the media seem like an Orthodox marriage. At the best they'll stick with you for a few years before they age out of running fan twitter accounts. Or you get too old for teenagers to care. At worst you'll say something mildly offensive and you suddenly get bombed with k-pop video fuelled cancellation parties... I have learned way too much about fandom twitter over quarantine. Either way celebrities coming up this way especially the younger ones are in for a tough time.

by Anonymousreply 79October 17, 2020 1:21 PM

R79 I agree, I admire to an extent how nice he is to his fans but I also think it was the wrong way to go. Him appeasing them so much is what led to the utter meltdowns when he was seen with Eiza. They think they own him so they want to control who he dates, who he is friends with, what career choices he makes and so on. Seems exhausting to deal with but he isn't making any efforts to go back on it, so that's upto him.

by Anonymousreply 80October 17, 2020 1:29 PM

[quote]Problem with depending on "stans" for your career is they're so fickle they make the rest of the media seem like an Orthodox marriage.

Or not. I've been a "stan"—hate the word—of exactly three actors since Jake G. first entered my consciousness. Timmy is the most recent. I'm not a "Charmie" or one of those crazy-ass bitches who track his every move. I put all of them on ignore, in fact; I hardly read any Tim O'Tay threads because of those psychoposters.

I've been a fan since CMBYN, which I loved enough as a book to read it three times. I thought Timmy was perfect as Elio, though Hammer as Oliver has always stuck in my craw, though not for the "perv" reasons the prisses are always prissing about. I pictured Aaron Tveit in my readings of the book, and if Luca were to drop him in in place of Armie if they make a sequel, you wouldn't hear me complaining about nasolabial folds.

Oh, my third "stan" actor? Julian Morris (he might've made a nice Oliver, too).

by Anonymousreply 81October 17, 2020 2:03 PM

Aaron Tveit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 17, 2020 3:13 PM

Julian Morris

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 17, 2020 3:16 PM

Better shot of Julian Morris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 17, 2020 3:25 PM

Soon to be Tony Winning Aaron Tviet, providing he can muster the 60%.

by Anonymousreply 85October 17, 2020 3:41 PM

[quote]The last real movie star that managed to become a household name at the same time as becoming an internet sensation was probably Jennifer Lawrence.

She never attained and maintained the superstardom that Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock did. I don't think she ever got to the level of stardom that Reese Witherspoon attained either.

Chalamet could become huge in the way that Johnny Depp did a decade ago, but he needs to get cast in some big box-office movies while he's still young. Maybe Dune can do that for him.

by Anonymousreply 86October 17, 2020 5:08 PM

R86 I'd say she did attain it. At one point she had X-Men and The Hunger Games and was receiving an Oscar nomination almost every single year.

Maintain, well she purposefully took a break because people thought she was overexposed. Now she's coming back so we'll see if she can get back to where she was before.

by Anonymousreply 87October 17, 2020 5:12 PM

[quote]At one point she had X-Men and The Hunger Games and was receiving an Oscar nomination almost every single year.

Who is the audience for X-Man and Hunger Games? She's more popular with younger audiences but she's not a household name with all ages, like Leonardo DiCaprio or Angelina Jolie or Nicole Kidman.

by Anonymousreply 88October 17, 2020 5:19 PM

R88 Well she's still young. I'm not sure why this is being debated so much. A household name simply means that the majority of people know who you are by name alone. I do think that is the case for her. We'll see when she's middle aged whether her stardom has matched those you mention. I'm not a fan so it doesn't matter to me either way.

by Anonymousreply 89October 17, 2020 5:21 PM

The thing that concerns me with Timmy is that I feel like he's losing some of his credibility as an actor because of the part of him that wants to be in the spotlight that he admitted to in GQ. He's still getting cast in the highest caliber projects so maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that film critics and cinephiles look at him now in the same way they did in 2017. He won New York Film Critics Circle and Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards for CMBYN, these aren't the type of places that reward hugely famous heartthrobs like DiCaprio or Bradley Cooper, even when they're the Oscar favorite.

His appearance - positive or negative - is definitely talked about more than his talent/work these days. And it's getting to the point where the same can be said for his love life and celebrity friendships. If Beautiful Boy was released this year, I don't even know if he'd get as close to the Oscar nom as he did two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 90October 17, 2020 5:24 PM

R87: The other thing to consider is that she's pushing 30 real hard and Hollywood has seemingly moved on to the new crop of actresses: Saoirse, Florence Pugh, Zendaya, Margot Robbie, etc. Her career is hanging by a thread because of Weinstein's downfall, a string of flops(she's proven over and over again that she can't open a movie), overexposure like you said, and her horrible attitude in general. Also, her fake marriage isn't doing her any favors. She has a long and difficult road back. This Netflix film will have to be the basis of a comeback, if any, for her.

She starred in and produced a soldier movie for A24 last summer. Apparently, the screening was so bad that they have to start all over again. This is not good for her especially since she produced it.

by Anonymousreply 91October 17, 2020 5:34 PM

R91 Well I thought her career was pretty much done too but starring as the lead in a movie with Leo, Meryl, Cate, Timmy etc. is much more promising than I'd have expected. Adam McKay's last two movies have both received Best Picture nominations and acting nominations so things are looking good for her right now.

I hadn't heard anything about them having to start the A24 movie all over again, do you have a link? I don't think I've ever heard of anything so drastic that they'd re-do the entire movie because of a screening, wouldn't that cost too much?

by Anonymousreply 92October 17, 2020 5:37 PM

[quote]It’s because guys who look like him have that sexually non threatening look.

Most folks never find rats sexy.

by Anonymousreply 93October 17, 2020 5:38 PM

[quote]Well she's still young. I'm not sure why this is being debated so much. A household name simply means that the majority of people know who you are by name alone. I do think that is the case for her. We'll see when she's middle aged whether her stardom has matched those you mention. I'm not a fan so it doesn't matter to me either way.

R89 Sorry, I really didn't mean to make a big deal of it. But since you responded, I have to say, a household name is literally a name every person knows, not a majority. Like Barack Obama, Steven Spielberg, Donald Trump, Meryl Streep, Tom Cruise. My dad, my aunt, my grandmother probably have no idea who Jennifer Lawrence is. She's famous, but if she started to fade from view she probably wouldn't be remembered. While names like Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley are still household names years after their deaths.

by Anonymousreply 94October 17, 2020 5:41 PM

R94 Well when I google the definition I see things like 'a person or thing that is well known by the public' and 'a famous person that most people know of'

by Anonymousreply 95October 17, 2020 5:43 PM

R92: If she were to carry the movie, it would fail. Leo does bring public interest and intrigue to the project. They all signed on to work with Adam McKay not her. This was supposed to be her comeback vehicle and now she's going to be completely overshadowed by Leo. Also, Covid cases are still rising in Boston. Netflix is determined to start filming on November 19th but if the infection rate doesn't decrease filming could be delayed for several weeks or Netflix could decide to cancel the project. I think the budget is $75 million.

by Anonymousreply 96October 17, 2020 5:43 PM

She needs the film and her performance to be well received.

by Anonymousreply 97October 17, 2020 5:45 PM

Enough with the "she" people.

by Anonymousreply 98October 17, 2020 5:47 PM

R96 Okay, I don't really care about JLaw. All I said was she successfully quickly became a household name in the way no movie actor has managed to since.

This is the last I'm gonna say regarding her: We don't know if she'll be overshadowed by Leo. Brad Pitt clearly wasn't last year when he won the Oscar. They've already denied the budget is $75million and the budget doesn't matter so much for a Netflix project. Adam McKay talked on a podcast yesterday about all the intense safety protocols they have in place. It will go ahead.

by Anonymousreply 99October 17, 2020 5:48 PM

Why does he shout so much? Quite a few references in the article to him yelling stuff.

by Anonymousreply 100October 17, 2020 6:17 PM

^^ Because he's so "deep" and "passionate", about his craft!

by Anonymousreply 101October 17, 2020 6:24 PM

[quote] Chalamet could become huge in the way that Johnny Depp did a decade ago

Johnny Depp became huge a decade ago? I think you need to have a look at your calendar.

by Anonymousreply 102October 17, 2020 6:36 PM

R90 I think it’s clear at this point that he's a pseudo-intellectual fame whore, rather than a serious actor. His actions speak louder than his pretentious, rambling words. He could lay off the oh-so-accidental PDA stunts, the constant name dropping about the famous people he’s friends with, and the ever frequent GQ articles (must be nice to have a connection there), but he doesn't want to. He wants attention. He does everything he can possibly do to get attention, and then he complains about having too much attention. "Poor me. I'm so anxious. Everyone's so obsessed with everything I do." Actually, many people are tired of his stunting followed by his sad little boy act. Wash, rinse, repeat. It’s tedious and fake. And if Paper magazine is any indication, some journalists are growing weary of his routine as well.

by Anonymousreply 103October 17, 2020 9:07 PM

R103: Perfect summation. I've said all along that he's in this for the fame and now it's really hit his head. As for being a serious actor, I don't why everybody is saying he's brilliant. He's pretty mediocre. With any luck, he'll do more of these accidental PDA stunts and kill his career.

by Anonymousreply 104October 17, 2020 9:19 PM

But why? What will more fame bring him? He's getting the best roles for his age, he's rich, he's friends with every celebrity he's obsessed with. What else does he want? People have always paid attention to him, even when he had a few thousand followers back in 2017. That wont go away. So what's the point of continuing to whore himself out for fame and risking losing the respect of the industry?

As for his acting, he can be brilliant. And even when he's not, I think he's always interesting to watch. He has presence. But it's not lost on me that he gave by far his best performance on a tiny movie that he filmed before he was famous. He should be out there looking for a French movie to work on, something that he can prove he's doing for the sake of the work and not for the sake of followers, Oscar buzz or anything similar. Maybe when the pressure is off, he could return to his acting peak.

by Anonymousreply 105October 17, 2020 9:25 PM

Yes he's certainly come a long way but he's hardly a household name.

by Anonymousreply 106October 17, 2020 9:37 PM

Of course he wants attention. He posts selfies on Instagram. That's the number one sign of an unemployed actor who wants attention.

by Anonymousreply 107October 17, 2020 11:13 PM

Show me one actor who doesn't want attention. Why should Chalamet be any different?

by Anonymousreply 108October 18, 2020 12:41 AM

Armie Hammer is a HORRIBLE actor! A half-fucked peach upstaged Armie Hammer!!!

by Anonymousreply 109October 18, 2020 12:58 AM

Timothee is so unattractive to me. I get Harry Styles, I get Shawn Mendes, I get Cole Sprouse, I get Nick Robinson and I get Noah Centineo. But I fail to see what is sexy about Timothee at all and I am trying to. He gets compared to Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio too. JD and LC were hot in trashy street hustler kind of ways.

by Anonymousreply 110October 18, 2020 1:04 AM

R108 Of course...but there are levels to it.

by Anonymousreply 111October 18, 2020 1:05 AM

R110 You don't have to get it. Just accept that other people do and don't be one of those weirdos that constantly talks about how unattractive someone is.

by Anonymousreply 112October 18, 2020 1:06 AM

R111 What levels? Don't be eager, don't show you're ambitious, don't let them see you sweat? Is that the acceptable level? Chalamet has shown that he wants to go as high as he can in his profession. I see nothing wrong with it. Other actors want the same thing, they are just better at faking it.

by Anonymousreply 113October 18, 2020 2:41 AM

R113 I don't agree. Someone like Daniel Day-Lewis did not have the same fame/attention ambitions as Leonardo DiCaprio. Someone like Lucas Hedges does not have the same fame/attention ambitions as Timothee Chalamet. He acknowledges this himself when he talks about Saoirse and how he admires how she is willing to stay totally out of the spotlight and yet still has a successful career, but that he isn't like that.

by Anonymousreply 114October 18, 2020 2:46 AM

[quote]They all signed on to work with Adam McKay not her.

Well, the script is a masterpiece. That's why he could assemble the once in a lifetime cast that he did. Every A-list star in Hollywood wanted to be a part of this film. It'll be nominated for multiple Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 115October 18, 2020 3:04 AM

R114 You don't think Daniel Day-Lewis is ambitious? He is, at least during the peak of his career, but he is English and upper class, so he comes from a culture where it's considered in bad taste to show ambition. That does not in any way mean they are not ambitious, only that they hide it. DiCaprio and Chalamet are ambitious and they show it.

Lucas Hedges does not have the level of fame or popularity as Chalamet, and he will never have it. He is a fine actor, but not indispensible. Anyone can do his roles.

by Anonymousreply 116October 18, 2020 3:10 AM

R116 Of course he's ambitious, you need ambition to get to his level of success. I specifically stated ambition in regards to fame and attention. He has lived in a tiny village in Ireland for decades. That's not what you do if you're eager to constantly be in the spotlight.

Of course Lucas doesn't have it, nor could he ever. But he also makes absolutely zero effort to have it. He could be more popular than he is but he doesn't even have a single public social media account.

by Anonymousreply 117October 18, 2020 3:13 AM

It’s time to send this little mouse into oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 118October 18, 2020 3:35 AM

R116

DDL is upper-class and English. Precisely Protestant Irish and Jewish. At school he was bullied for being Jewish and posh.

But most of all, he was "burning from the inside" .

Is Timothée on that level? Only time will tell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 18, 2020 8:18 AM

Is this a thread about Jennifer Lawrence?

by Anonymousreply 120October 18, 2020 2:04 PM

[quote]Why do teenage girls always like these guys that look like lesbians. He looks like Christie McNichol and Lily Tomlinson made a person.

Lily Tomlinson is one of my favorites. Sally Fields and Jason Rhubarbs too.

by Anonymousreply 121October 18, 2020 2:12 PM

I accept that Timmy has magnificent twink energy, even if I’m not sexually attracted to him. He’s lithe, has thick luxurious hair and a cute face (from some angles); it’s a winning package.

by Anonymousreply 122October 18, 2020 3:25 PM

I’m firmly convinced the point of this article was to convince the executives he’s not fey. The references to teenage girls asking about his hair and his begging us to believe Venice wasn’t a PR stunt...yeah don’t expect him to come out anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 123October 18, 2020 5:16 PM

R123 Yes. I'm sure girls don't ask about his hair.

by Anonymousreply 124October 18, 2020 5:27 PM

Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio all are rags-to-riches. Depp and DiCaprio have poor white trash backgrounds. DiCaprio had the edge because he was born in LA and many = parents there put their kids into the show business but many don't make it that far. Depp came from Kentucky and moved to LA to pursue a music career but became friends with Nicolas Cage who had nepotist connections and got Johnny a role in Nightmare on Elm Street which became a breakthrough hit. Brad Pitt came from Missouri and struggled for years in LA, doing most bit and background roles and didn't get his big break until he was in his early 30s.

Timothee had nepotism and came from money. Not a thing about him is aspirational really.

by Anonymousreply 125October 18, 2020 7:03 PM

*inspirational

by Anonymousreply 126October 18, 2020 7:04 PM

It wasn't Chalamet's family that got him where he is, it's Damian Lewis who he should be sending a huge gift basket every year.

by Anonymousreply 127October 18, 2020 7:07 PM

He was completely mesmerizing on Homeland, you could easily see he had a spark of something special when he was on screen.

by Anonymousreply 128October 18, 2020 7:10 PM

R125: Exactly. He may not come from an acting family but he's still successful because of nepotism. It's not his so called "talent" that's putting him in these movies. Either nepotism or fucking some executive is why he's having such a huge explosion at a young age in a short amount of time.

by Anonymousreply 129October 18, 2020 8:06 PM

[quote]Either nepotism or fucking some executive is why he's having such a huge explosion at a young age in a short amount of time.

Why not both?

by Anonymousreply 130October 18, 2020 8:27 PM

R130: Yeah probably both.

by Anonymousreply 131October 18, 2020 8:28 PM

Nah. He's easily the most successful person in his family that's in the industry. His sister has only started getting cast in high profile projects in the last 12 months, which has clearly been down to his success.

If you were were gonna cast a role for a guy in his early 20s, are you gonna go for the one with millions of followers and an Oscar nom or someone else?

by Anonymousreply 132October 18, 2020 8:29 PM

So Timothee is like Blake Lively and Jennifer Aniston in which he had some acting connections but became the most successful of his family.

by Anonymousreply 133October 18, 2020 8:39 PM

As was said before, Damian Lewis telling his agent, who happened to be married to the producer of Call Me By Your Name, that he should meet with Timothee has done far more for his career than any relative.

Most actors that are kids of A-list stars/directors don't have careers as good as Timothee's. You can't just put it down to that.

by Anonymousreply 134October 18, 2020 8:47 PM

Try as he might to appear straight and a fuckboi.

TC is gayer than a picnic basket.

OK. Maybe more Monty Clift than Tony Perkins.

by Anonymousreply 135October 18, 2020 9:17 PM

Having money and also having some ties to the business even if they are minor puts you at an advantage over 99% of the population that doesn't. Damian Lewis helped him for sure but if he was poor and not had come from upper-class family in NYC with a mother who has ties to the Broadway and was a dance professor and a father who was in the global journalism field. He would not had any of the opportunities in the first place. It all builds up at the end of the day. Wealth alone creates opportunities. Most American actors are not rich, many aren't from NY or LA and many have no ties to the entertainment industry and because of that most of them have zero chance at breaking into stardom.

by Anonymousreply 136October 18, 2020 9:38 PM

Of course, it makes things easier just as being born in America makes it easier than being born in Sweden. Just as being born white makes it easier. You could point out the many advantages all different types of actors have had.

His mom being a Broadway dancer years ago has not had any major impact on his career. If it was that easy, Broadway dancers would be lining up to star in huge Hollywood movies. Most of them will never get near one.

by Anonymousreply 137October 18, 2020 9:47 PM

And how did Lewis get to see him? People really going to pretend he got Homeland from talent alone?

by Anonymousreply 138October 18, 2020 9:49 PM

It's really not that rare for LaGuardia kids to book a guest role on a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 139October 18, 2020 9:50 PM

It seems that the working class actor is over. It's all been taken over by rich kids or children of celebrities. It's odd to think that James Dean grew up on a farm in Indiana, Marilyn Monroe came from a white trash family, Marlon Brando from Nebraska and even Will Smith, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio had humble beginnings. Jennifer Lawrence too was one of the last that came from a lower class background.

Hip-hop is the only place you still see the rags-to-riches thing.

Being rich in LA and NY puts you at an advantage. Going to an established acting school too. They are the two biggest entertainment centers of the entire planet. Just like being rich in Toronto, Paris and London would put you at an advantage.

by Anonymousreply 140October 18, 2020 9:55 PM

So if the point is that the vast majority of young actors nowadays come from privileged backgrounds, then surely they're on pretty equal ground anyway. Therefore, him becoming more successful than 99% has to do with other factors.

by Anonymousreply 141October 18, 2020 9:57 PM

R141 I mean if you can get Grammys for being a mediocre musician. Then yes. Other factors play a role but they aren't necessarily about being talented.

by Anonymousreply 142October 18, 2020 9:58 PM

LOL at this Timothee stan trying to pretend he made it on talent alone. He isn't perfect, get over it.

by Anonymousreply 143October 18, 2020 10:00 PM

R142 Sure. I think he is talented. He may not necessarily be the most talented actor in his 20s, but he definitely broke out with one of the best performances an actor in his 20s has given.

He also has looks that appeal to a lot of people and a natural charisma. Along with knowing how to network and play the game. And a good agent.

by Anonymousreply 144October 18, 2020 10:00 PM

R143 No one said that and I've criticized him numerous times in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 145October 18, 2020 10:01 PM

One criticism people give of actors who get really big when young is that they struggle to portray older characters as they age due to not having any life experience and they get arrogant and refuse to continue training and honing their skills. Meryl Streep, Steve Buscemi, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Whoopi Goldberg and Kathy Bates are good at their jobs of playing aged characters because they actually lived their lives as normal adults and it took a while for them to get famous. Compare them to Johnny Depp, Scarlett Johansson, Emma Stone and Leonardo DiCaprio who struggle at playing convincing adults.

by Anonymousreply 146October 18, 2020 10:06 PM

R146 Or is it just because, maybe with the exception of Denzel, most of the people from the first group look like normal adults whereas the second group either are or have been in the past exceptionally attractive?

by Anonymousreply 147October 18, 2020 10:08 PM

Timothee won't need to worry about that by the time he's their age

by Anonymousreply 148October 18, 2020 10:09 PM

He'll probably grow more unattractive as he ages.

by Anonymousreply 149October 18, 2020 10:24 PM

R149 Doesn't everyone?

by Anonymousreply 150October 18, 2020 10:27 PM

R121 Did you mean Jasob Robards? Bitch, "Jason Rhubarbs" just took me the fuck out. I needed that laugh.

by Anonymousreply 151October 18, 2020 11:38 PM

R129 Family connections can open doors for you. Once you're in the room, it's on you. Chalamet referred to his mother as a kind of stage mother in the interview he did with Stevie Wonder. I think he'd be the first to acknowledge the benefits of coming from a family with a director uncle and a screenwriting aunt, as well as a mother and grandmother who were both professional dancers in their youth. Being born in New York City and being able to attend a school like LaGuardia are huge advantages on their own. Despite all this, if you don't have the talent and most importantly, the drive to be successful, you're not getting anywhere. The kid took his advantages and made something of them, as he should.

by Anonymousreply 152October 18, 2020 11:45 PM

I wish that was the case but there are so many factors in addition to talent that factor. Ageism, nepotism, racism, physical appearance and looks, casting couch dynamics can affect some actors' success. Everyone is different.

by Anonymousreply 153October 18, 2020 11:51 PM

[quote]Once you're in the room, it's on you

Because there are no talentless kids of celebrities who have jobs purely because of who their parents are. Nope, none at all.

by Anonymousreply 154October 18, 2020 11:55 PM

This debate is silly. He has advantages, he also has talent, he also has other things like his appearance that help him. Most other successful actors have a mix of all these things too. He is not the son of DiCaprio or Scorsese.

by Anonymousreply 155October 19, 2020 12:12 AM

I wonder why the Academy members were angry at him when he was campaigning for Beautiful Boy.

by Anonymousreply 156October 19, 2020 12:34 AM

R154 There are tons. But did their family connections keep them there? At the end of the day, they have to deliver the goods. Sofia Coppola is a good example. Her own father gave her an important role in Godfather III, and she bombed. She did so badly she was considered a joke for almost a decade. She did have talent as a director and she delivered. Now she is an Oscar nominated director and widely respected. So yes, family connections matter, they get you a place at the table, but you have to produce good work, because at the end of the day, there are other talented people who can take your place.

Chalamet is one of those rare cases where he is both talented and driven, and smart enough to use every advantage and every connection to get to where he wants to be. I commend him for that.

R156 Where did you hear that Academy members were angry at him campaigning for Beautiful Boy?

by Anonymousreply 157October 19, 2020 12:36 AM

R157: In the GQ piece, he said some academy members odiously said you don't have my vote yet.

by Anonymousreply 158October 19, 2020 12:43 AM

'Now he was in all the same rooms as before, the same lunches and dinners and cocktail parties, shaking hands with the same Academy members who showed up at everything to get a little nibble of the freshest biscuit, growling ominous things at him, like: You don't have my vote yet.…'

It doesn't sound like they were angry at him, it's just the reality of Oscar campaigning when you don't have an undeniable movie and performance on your side like he did the first time. They want something from you before they're willing to support you.

by Anonymousreply 159October 19, 2020 1:05 AM

R159: But it sounds like he thought he was a shoe in for a second nomination. He had all the media hyping him up as the next big thing.

by Anonymousreply 160October 19, 2020 1:11 AM

R160 He's new to this. He sailed to a nomination the year before with no worries and was probably runner-up in the voting. He was predicted all year round by Oscar pundits for Beautiful Boy. Got raves for his performance. And snagged the Golden Globe, SAG and BAFTA noms. It's not surprising if he wasn't expecting to get snubbed.

When you spend enough time following the Oscar race though, you realize there is usually at least one actor that hits all the precursors and misses the nomination and 9 times out of 10 it's someone competing for a weak movie that isn't present in other categories.

by Anonymousreply 161October 19, 2020 1:16 AM

R147 Emma Stone is not exceptionally attractive at all. Leo and Johnny are an acquired taste for many (if you are into masculine guys then they aren't really attractive) plus Leo aged horribly after Titanic anyway. Scarlett was basic before her plastic surgery and I know many guys don't find her all that hot anyway LOL. Also they can still seek out acting lessons and training as you are never too old to keep studying and honing your craft. Being lazy and not doing research isn't really justifiable. There's a reason many UK actors are preferred.

by Anonymousreply 162October 19, 2020 1:16 AM

R162 Many people find those names very attractive. Definitely more so than Steve Buschemi and Kathy Bates.

by Anonymousreply 163October 19, 2020 1:17 AM

R160 I didn't get that impression. Some of that campaigning is not up to him, but also his Amazon studios. They were pushing for a nomination for that film, and it looked to them like Chalamet was their best chance, so they pushed for it. Chalamet might have guessed that being nominated a second time, right after being nominated for CMBYN, would be a long shot.

by Anonymousreply 164October 19, 2020 1:18 AM

R163 Steve Buscemi is a sexy man because of his personality honestly. Emma Stone is average looking. Johnny Depp is a good-looking but he doesn't stand out in anyway, he looks like a few hot trailer park guys you see. Matt Bomer, Angelina Jolie, Heather Graham and Henry Cavill are examples of people who are exceptionally attractive.

by Anonymousreply 165October 19, 2020 1:20 AM

R165 Attraction is subjective. I'm simply talking about how most people would rank them.

by Anonymousreply 166October 19, 2020 1:21 AM

It being right after CMBYN was actually what helped him get as far as he did, I think. He had a lot of leftover goodwill and many people that thought he gave the most deserving performance the year before and should have won.

I think you could definitely sense the disappointment. I remember the Oscar noms were announced before the SAG and BAFTA awards and at both he didn't give red carpet interviews, compared to the Globes which were before Oscar noms where he did. Remember him reading that magazine or whatever at SAG? And when they showed his clip he had a kind of sheepish, defeated look on his face.

by Anonymousreply 167October 19, 2020 1:23 AM

R166 It's both subjective and objective. Clear skin, symmetrical faces and signs of health and fertility are universally attractive for example. Status and fame are also attractive. Personalities and certain physical quirks are where it gets subjective. With celebrities, a lot of time the media pushes them as being the sexiest people alive but when you actually go out on the streets and talk to people you would be surprised. I know a few guys who think Scarlett Johansson is not that hot and annoying and a terrible actress. I met many girls who don't find Depp or DiCaprio attractive at all but prefer a hunk like Jason Mamoa and The Rock. Kim Kardashian is hailed as sexy and beautiful in the media but so many people hate her in real life and think she looks like a cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 168October 19, 2020 1:26 AM

R168 Most women would fuck Depp or DiCaprio over Buscemi. Most men would fuck Stone over Bates. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 169October 19, 2020 1:28 AM

R169 I think for many women, being turned on is not always about physical looks. Depp and DiCaprio seem stupid as fuck. Maybe teenage girls would sleep with them but intelligent and older women not so much. Buscemi is educated and witty with a great sense of humor which turns a lot of women on.

by Anonymousreply 170October 19, 2020 1:29 AM

R170 If you say so.

by Anonymousreply 171October 19, 2020 1:30 AM

R171 The Rock, Daniel Craig, Michael B Jordan and Jason Mamoa are considered more sexy to women also. A lot of women aren't into the twink look like at all.

by Anonymousreply 172October 19, 2020 1:31 AM

I can imagine it's disheartening to make it so far and stumble at the last hurdle. He worked very hard for that nomination, constantly flying everywhere to do promo at the same time as filming Little Women. No way he would have agreed to do so much if he didn't think his chances for a nom were good. Steve Carell pretty much bowed out of promo after TIFF.

by Anonymousreply 173October 19, 2020 1:38 AM

R169 I know many lesbians that love Scarlett Johansson than guys oddly, I think a lot of them got turned off by her Marvel acting. Also, Emma Stone is part of that super skinny quirky actress look that Hollywood is trying hard to push. Emma is not exceptionally attractive and there nobody alive who honestly believes she is at all. She was cast as the obtainable girl-next-door who was cute enough but not hot enough to be out of your league. Lindsay Lohan (who Stone gets compared to) in her prime was actually considered hot and sexy and her big boobs and red hair was a main draw. Angelina Jolie, Jessica Alba and Megan Fox also were obsessions of straight dudes. A lot of guys really want girls that look like Instamodels and porn stars. Pamela Anderson was a big thing for Christ sakes. Girls who are petite like Emma Watson, Mila Kunis and Keira Knightley still have really gorgeous faces. I remember a lot of guys loving Jennifer Lawrence too.

by Anonymousreply 174October 19, 2020 1:44 AM

R174 Okay. Are you done now? Can people carry on talking about the subject of the thread?

by Anonymousreply 175October 19, 2020 1:46 AM

R175 This is DL. Going off topic is sort of what we do.

by Anonymousreply 176October 19, 2020 1:48 AM

R176 Yes but you're talking to yourself at this point. When someone says 'if you say so', they're not asking for a further two posts carrying on with the same topic.

by Anonymousreply 177October 19, 2020 1:49 AM

R167 He wasn't reading a magazine at the SAG awards, he was reading the awards show program. I don't know about the red carpet interviews, he may have done some that we missed. Who knows, but I'm not going to guess too much about his intent without more evidence.

by Anonymousreply 178October 19, 2020 1:50 AM

R173 Poor bébé. I weep for him.

by Anonymousreply 179October 19, 2020 1:51 AM

R178 The point isn't what he was reading really, just that he didn't seem as engaged and excited by what was actually happening as he has done at other shows. I think he might have left SAG after his category was done too.

I don't think he did interviews that people missed. I remember at BAFTA at least he was all about the fans and seemed to spend the entire red carpet time with them.

by Anonymousreply 180October 19, 2020 1:52 AM

^^^That shit has got to get boring at some point, I can't fault him for that. At least he isn't showing up all coked up like some celebs do. Yet.

by Anonymousreply 181October 19, 2020 1:55 AM

I don't know why anyone would try to deny that he was disappointed. It's not a bad thing, anyone would be.

“I really don't know how to talk about this stuff, man,” he told me, “because my experience of it is at the center of it. There's just some dark energy at these things, and this time around I felt like I could see it. And yet I'm thinking, Why isn't this going the exact same way?”

by Anonymousreply 182October 19, 2020 1:55 AM

R177 Let's get real. Most of this thread is like 3 Timothee stans talking to themselves. Nobody is fooled

by Anonymousreply 183October 19, 2020 2:00 AM

R183 As long as they're talking about him, it doesn't really matter. Talking to yourself about something completely off-topic is a bit different.

by Anonymousreply 184October 19, 2020 2:01 AM

[quote] That shit has got to get boring at some point, I can't fault him for that

Countless actors, well-known and many who are not, attend these awards, stick it out for the duration and suffer through the pretense of looking like they care, even though they know they haven't been nominated for anything. In that clip of him reading, he came across as being bored, being that he wasn't in contention, and yes, he also left early, and there were no missed interviews...he didn't give any. I think his behavior revealed some early cracks in that pearly white image he likes to cultivate for himself.

by Anonymousreply 185October 19, 2020 2:37 AM

R185 Damn, those long suffering actors, some well-known, how noble of them to stick it out like that! Please, actors are there to be seen and network, not out of respect for anything or anyone. It might have been a social faux pas for him to leave early, since he's going to have to kiss a lot of asses on his way up.

by Anonymousreply 186October 19, 2020 3:46 AM

He will become a cinematic GOD after DUNE and it's sequels! Hollywood is priming him for stardom!

by Anonymousreply 187October 19, 2020 4:56 AM

R187 There is a way to admire someone without being nauseating. No actor is worthy of this degree of glorification. It's not as though they're saving lives or making the world a better place. They are entertainers. I think you and the rest of Tim's superfans set him up for failure by over-hyping him, which in turn creates a backlash.

by Anonymousreply 188October 19, 2020 5:42 AM

r188 Okay...... He will end up working at a Snack Bar at the Jersey Shore and Performing fellatio on his middle-aged married boss just to get those extra shifts on the snow cone machine!!!! After hours, he will offer his ass, in the backs of SUV's, for a little cash but secretly he enjoys the attention and affection of his fellow employees. He will become a gutter rat who do most anything if the price is right!!!

by Anonymousreply 189October 19, 2020 5:56 AM

[quote]It might have been a social faux pas for him to leave early

No, it was a professional fuck up. Hollywood takes that kind of stuff ridiculously seriously, and I can guarantee there will have been people bitching about him leaving early. It's a town which remembers slights and takes every chance to get revenge for them. Like you said in your own post, these events are to network - what message do you think he sent to those people with his behaviour?

What's also an issue there is the comparison. All bright and energetic and a fan of everyone when there's the chance of an award, vs disinterested, leaving early when there isn't. Again, in a town which loves to gossip and bitch, that difference - some might say fakeness - won't have gone unnoticed.

by Anonymousreply 190October 19, 2020 10:02 AM

Many celebrities left award shows early. Saoirse left early at some award shows too. He is still getting offers from famous directors.

by Anonymousreply 191October 19, 2020 12:04 PM

I think the problem with Beautiful Boy is they didn’t choose to focus the movie on Nick’s book Tweak, which would have looked eye catching on a marquee. Also having the gritter elements like selling himself for drugs would have been strong scenes for Timmy. After his blow up for CMBYN if Carrell would have been willing to let the movie shift focus to him and be aimed at a your audience and been like Euphoria it could have done better and be more awards likely.

by Anonymousreply 192October 19, 2020 2:36 PM

* younger

by Anonymousreply 193October 19, 2020 2:39 PM

R191 And point out to me where anyone says he didn't get jobs as a result of it. However, it will contribute to the industry bitching about him, especially in the next awards season he's involved in.

by Anonymousreply 194October 19, 2020 4:11 PM

He's probably going to be a double Oscar nominee next year for Dune and Don't Look Up.

by Anonymousreply 195October 19, 2020 4:14 PM

R195: This is emblematic of how overrated this guy is.

by Anonymousreply 196October 19, 2020 4:34 PM

As if he wasn’t bad enough, his sister is now getting cast in high profile projects thanks to fucking nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 197October 19, 2020 4:58 PM

I doubt he'll get a single Oscar nom next year, even if he's in three Best Picture nominees. Dune isn't the type of movie to get acting noms, Wes Anderson has never directed an actor to an Oscar nom and his role in Don't Look Up will likely be very small.

However, if he manages to make the Dylan movie in time for 2022 then being in three high profile movies next year will be a good lead in to a nomination and potential win for that.

by Anonymousreply 198October 19, 2020 5:03 PM

R196 And how bad Timothee stans are at reading calendars. Next year, R195?

by Anonymousreply 199October 19, 2020 5:06 PM

R198: Whose cock is he sucking to get these gigs?

by Anonymousreply 200October 19, 2020 5:12 PM

Too self-conscious.

by Anonymousreply 201October 19, 2020 5:42 PM

R200 Like I said before, he's the only actor of his age that has both an Oscar nomination and millions of followers. He has both the critical acclaim and the fan adoration. It's not surprising to me that he's the top pick for all these roles.

by Anonymousreply 202October 19, 2020 5:46 PM

He won’t stop sucking cock until he gets that Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 203October 19, 2020 6:04 PM

^ It doesn’t always work.

by Anonymousreply 204October 19, 2020 6:07 PM

I see he and Selena released a little video today that touched on voting. From a PR perspective better to talk about that than their little duo with Woody Allen. And of course there's no one more qualified to give political advice than an overrated, spoiled, pipsqueak actor who can't find his way out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 205October 25, 2020 1:08 AM

R205 Why do you even pay attention to him?

by Anonymousreply 206October 25, 2020 1:53 AM

^^^ Go back to Club Chalamet, or Tapatalk, or wherever you came from, frau. You're on a gay gossip forum.

You stan twats always seem to forget what the sign says at the door.

by Anonymousreply 207October 25, 2020 3:15 AM

'Vote' isn't exactly political advice that needs a wealth of experience and knowledge before someone can be qualified to say it.

by Anonymousreply 208October 25, 2020 3:27 AM

R207 There's no need to get emotional. It's obvious you are female, so you throwing the word frau around isn't fooling anyone. Only a frau would keep coming back to a thread about an actor they don't like.

by Anonymousreply 209October 25, 2020 5:11 AM

R209 So witty. Please, just go away.

And take your cunt with you. I really hate the smell with my morning coffee.

by Anonymousreply 210October 25, 2020 12:32 PM

R203 "He won’t stop sucking cock until he gets that Oscar."

Well, that would hardly make him unusual in HW, would it? Why would Chalamet be spoken of contemptuously for what is probably the most commonplace activity in the biz?

by Anonymousreply 211October 25, 2020 12:52 PM

R211 something something mediocre something something overrated something something ugly

Think I've covered their main talking points.

by Anonymousreply 212October 25, 2020 12:55 PM

The Bob Dylan film has been scrapped. Now we just need him to be scrapped all together.

by Anonymousreply 213October 27, 2020 11:10 AM

It hasn't been scrapped, it's been delayed

by Anonymousreply 214October 27, 2020 11:12 AM

Chinese presentation of Timothée.

we understand that very big moneymaker film has to earn money in China.

You'll find ALL the films he has ever played in. Everything, even as a kid in this short film Witch story.

EVERYTHING but... Call Me by Your Name. Or any mention of his Oscar nomination.

Homophobia is real in China. Stay in the closet, kiddo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215November 6, 2020 10:27 AM

R215: It would be even better if he locked himself inside an actual closet so that we wouldn’t have to see his terrible acting ever again.

by Anonymousreply 216November 6, 2020 9:02 PM

Don’t worry he’ll never come out of the closet as long as his leading man career is viable. He clearly has an interest in the big studio films and we all know he’s ambitious. When he talks about Tom Holland and Spider-Man, you can see his jealousy. It’s obvious that he really wanted the role.

by Anonymousreply 217November 6, 2020 9:14 PM

Um, he may have wanted that role badly when he was a nobody but I doubt he's sad he didn't get it now. Holland has been stuck doing those movies while Chalamet has been working with some of the most respected directors of our time and getting Oscar nominated, something he wouldn't have had time to do if he had been Spider-Man. Now he's the top pick for all these directors, while Holland has to settle for middling stuff like The Devil All the Time even when he trys to go more serious actor-type. Chalamet could have definitely done a Marvel or DC role by now if that's what he wanted to do, instead he chose something more risky like Dune as his foray into blockbusters, because of the prestige attached.

Anyway, he's pretty clearly not gay. Most of his hookups with women have been done on the downlow. He may be bi, but I don't really see evidence to suggest that either.

by Anonymousreply 218November 6, 2020 9:27 PM

R218 You're right. I remember an interview during the CMBYN promo where he says that he is grateful that CMBYN was his introduction as an actor to a wider audience. I think he now feels grateful he didn't get Spider-Man, and said during the King promo that he knew Holland was the better choice for that role.

by Anonymousreply 219November 7, 2020 2:45 AM

I just finished reading the whole article. Even by the usual standards of over the top slobbering hackery, this piece exists in its own category. By the end of this unmitigated praise, I began to wonder no one has yet formed a religion based on TimoTay.

by Anonymousreply 220November 8, 2020 4:32 AM

[quote]A week after our conversation in Woodstock, Timothée and I were in New York City, sitting on a bench along the Hudson...Timothée's mask had slipped down his face as he was saying this, and two young women, about his age, approached cautiously. “Would you mind if we got a…,” they asked, and he hopped up without hesitation. “How'd you recognize me?” he said, friendly, but genuinely curious, [bold]as if he hadn't just been shouting about art in a voice that sounded a lot like Laurie from Little Women or Timmy from late-night shows.[/bold]

Sitting in NYC yelling about being an actor - sounds incredibly desperate to be noticed.

And that bullshit about acting like he's not material because he doesn't buy expensive things, just borrows them - ugh.

by Anonymousreply 221November 8, 2020 5:17 AM

R221: This kid is a total famewhore and don’t let anyone convince you otherwise. The fauxmances and posting Instagram selfies to start. Now that he has nothing to promote and the Bob Dylan is in jeopardy of being permanently scrapped, get ready to see him try to get deliberately papped all the time in New York.

by Anonymousreply 222November 8, 2020 1:08 PM

The weeknd betrayed timothee? he is now working with Maluma, Eiza's ex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223November 8, 2020 3:16 PM

both Timtoe and maluma have been inside eiza's cunt

[bold]#CHALUMA[/bold] confirmed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224November 8, 2020 3:17 PM

Embarassing for the Weeknd the top comment is he sounds like Romeo Santos in Spanish. Please don't do this shit again, Abel, we don't need more songs with that voice. Did his last album flop or something, why is he doing reggaeton? Or did he just want to get close to Maluma, is he a twink collector... Romeo santos's most watched video, 1 billion views, starring no other than Eiza

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225November 8, 2020 3:18 PM

#Chaluma also fucked the Madonna Ciccones. Small world

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226November 8, 2020 3:18 PM

Is the weeknd planning a threesome with #Chaluma? or has it already happened?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227November 8, 2020 3:19 PM

[quote]This kid is a total famewhore and don’t let anyone convince you otherwise.

I always knew that but I didn't realise it was to the extent that he'd do stuff like deliberately trying to get noticed on the street. It's pretty interesting how such a pathetically fawning interview actually exposed that side of him so harshly.

by Anonymousreply 228November 8, 2020 5:57 PM

R228: I didn’t need the interview to tell me that he’s addicted to attention a la Jennifer Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 229November 8, 2020 10:00 PM

Please, him and Abel hang out once or twice a year and if you want to know why Abel keeps him around, check out the Page Six article of the first time they were seen together: 'A spy said of Chalamet, “Girls were coming up to him all night.”' Nothing genuine about that friendship, from Abel's side at least.

by Anonymousreply 230November 8, 2020 10:08 PM

What's this obsession with him being a famewhore? The majority of celebrities are just as attention-seeking as him, if not more so. Most of them post their relationships all over social media, which he doesn't.

Is it because people expected him to be super private like Lucas Hedges or someone and are mad he didn't end up being like that?

by Anonymousreply 231November 8, 2020 10:13 PM

Who cares if he likes attention? Of all the things to criticize an actor about, this has to be the stupidest. As far as I know, Chalamet has never hurt anyone and seems to treat everyone respectfully.

by Anonymousreply 232November 8, 2020 10:37 PM

R231 Because of the specific example given in the article of him sitting out in public in the city where he lives shouting about being an actor. That is a whole new level of desperation for attention.

by Anonymousreply 233November 8, 2020 10:42 PM

R233 They didn't say shouting about being an actor, they said shouting about art, which is what he was being asked about by the journalist. And he talks loudly all the time.

by Anonymousreply 234November 8, 2020 10:43 PM

R231 That's not what happened. Please don't make things up. You are reading the article with bias against this actor, which is just as annoying as all the fawning.

by Anonymousreply 235November 8, 2020 10:44 PM

The guy walks around everywhere with a cap and hood up, even to dinner with his sister.

by Anonymousreply 236November 8, 2020 10:45 PM

Oh god, here we go with the stans who can't stand criticism. Just because you're taken in with his act doesn't mean the rest of us have to pretend to be. Sure, the guy who dated Madonna's daughter and who'd never heard of Psycho is a gentle sensitive artist. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 237November 8, 2020 10:46 PM

R237 Except no one is saying that he's a gentle sensitive artist. But acting like he's going to a whole new level of famewhoring that no actor has ever gone to before because he talked loudly in public is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 238November 8, 2020 10:48 PM

I can stand criticism. He's deservedly been criticized here before. What I can't stand is made up bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 239November 8, 2020 10:48 PM

It's literally in the interview. What art do you think he was talking about if not 'his'? Even the interview who was fawning all over him commented on it.

by Anonymousreply 240November 8, 2020 10:50 PM

They talked about art in general in that interview, Bob Dylan etc. If it was about his own movies, why wouldn't the journalist say so? It would make his point more effective. And the journalist said he was *genuinely* curious when asked how they recognized him. He wasn't trying to suggest he did it on purpose.

Again, he shouts and talks loud a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241November 8, 2020 10:53 PM

Everyone else in that video is louder, r241.

by Anonymousreply 242November 8, 2020 10:55 PM

By all means, keep your little fantasy alive, it'll just mean he'll continue to disappoint you as he fails to live up to it. It's your own fault for refusing to see what's right there in front of your face.

by Anonymousreply 243November 8, 2020 10:55 PM

R243 I think you're the one that had the fantasy and has been disappointed by him and now are overreacting to pretty standard celebrity stuff. Me, I'm perfectly aware that he enjoys being in the spotlight, as he admits to in this very interview and has said so before. I don't expect anything different. If he started posting all his personal drama all over social media then I'd be put off. Talking loudly in public I can handle. Sorry if you can't.

by Anonymousreply 244November 8, 2020 10:56 PM

R244 Ex-stans are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 245November 8, 2020 10:59 PM

[R52] Yes, TW has been using Tim for sex for years. Now he's got Maluma. Maybe Madonna introduced them too? You'd think he'd do a collab with J Balvin or Bad Bunny since Maluma's been flopping recently but they aren't young or good looking like this twink whore

#CHALUMA, Such different backgrounds and they ended up in the same circles with the same women and same fuck buddy. They're only two years apart

According to google the weeknd has a net worth of $100 million dollars. Beautiful. Maluma $12 million and Timothee 6. Abel will do whatever he wants with Chaluma. Maluma's most popular song is Felices los 4, happy the four of us

Maluma has been linked to Ricky Martin and Pablo Alboran who recently came out I googled Maluma and Selena and she didn't want to work with him because he doesn't respect women in his videos/lyrics but later she did Taki Taki with Ozuna...and he's been in gay porn , most of these latino singers even those married with children like Ozuna are bi/gay and selling their holes to make it in the latino music charts. No different from HW. Ozuna was involved with Kevin fret google if you want to know more

Now look at this motherfucker being an emotional slut almost crying while singing daddy's lyrics and showing off his body , those thighs are powerful. Timothee wishes he had this body nobody would ever mock him. Now how jealous is tim after this. Did he fuck himself with a dildo and send the pic to Abel to remind him of his hole.. Too bad M is a tattoo whore though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246November 8, 2020 11:02 PM

R244 Sucks for you then that my post history proves your little theory wrong.

And again, there's a difference between the spotlight and wanting to be noticed on the street. The way you keep trying to conflate the two says it all.

by Anonymousreply 247November 8, 2020 11:04 PM

R247 Your post history only goes back so far. He probably disappointed you in 2018.

I don't think he wanted to be noticed on the street. I think he naturally talks loudly, especially when he's somewhat anxious as he was said to be when giving this interview. If he wanted to be noticed on the street, I would think he would ditch the caps and hoods more often than the 1% of the time he goes without. But even if he did want to be noticed, who cares? What is so evil and awful about it? He's an actor, the whole career is pretty much based around the idea of wanting to be noticed.

by Anonymousreply 248November 8, 2020 11:08 PM

Nothing that your pea-size brain can come up with proves anything. Your post history is irrelevant. Do you know this guy personally? Who gives a shit whether he wants to be noticed in the street? The guy is hurting no one.

by Anonymousreply 249November 8, 2020 11:09 PM

Ah, the sure sign of someone solid in their beliefs - back-tracking with a "but even...". And I love the "do you know him?" argument from someone else who doesn't know him. Again, everything I've talked about is based on the interview, whereas you girls are basing this on what you want to believe he's actually like and made up facts - like claiming he wears caps and hoods 99% of the time.

by Anonymousreply 250November 8, 2020 11:13 PM

R250 I said what I personally believed based on what I know of the situation: the way the journalist phrased it, the volume that he usually speaks at etc. But no, I don't know him, so I can't know for sure. Which is why I also explored your scenario. It's not back tracking, you're the one convinced you know for certain what his intention was in that moment. And you still wont answer the question on what is so awful about wanting to be noticed.

And he does wear caps and hoods almost all of the time when out and about. That's not really debatable.

by Anonymousreply 251November 8, 2020 11:16 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252November 8, 2020 11:16 PM

R252 You could have at least gone with the hickey photos if you were trying to prove something. Paps turning up to these events in places like NYC where notable people are almost certain to show up is hardly surprising.

Once again, what is so bad about wanting to be noticed?

by Anonymousreply 253November 8, 2020 11:18 PM

R250 Most of what you've written is based on your perception of what you read in the article. As is true for all of us. Nobody knows him, we are basing everything on our own perception based on this interview and others.

I asked if you knew him because the tenor of your post sounds so hurt and angry. You act like he's personally hurt you and it's weird. He's just a cute actor. It's not serious.

by Anonymousreply 254November 8, 2020 11:19 PM

R251 So you're saying you've seen photos of him every time he's gone out? Because that's simply the only way you could say it as a fact. You do understand what facts are, right?

[quote]And you still wont answer the question on what is so awful about wanting to be noticed.

If you really didn't think it was a bad thing, you wouldn't have taken issue with me saying it in the first place. Congratulations, you played yourself.

[quote]I asked if you knew him because the tenor of your post sounds so hurt and angry

No they don't, that's just your weak attempt at an ad hominem. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 255November 8, 2020 11:20 PM

Timothee wears orange to celebrate Trump's defeat . Maluma wears Orange 12 hours later . Daddy's request?

[quote]#CHALUMA #french putain vs latino puta

who wore it better?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256November 8, 2020 11:22 PM

R255 According to your logic, he wants to be noticed every time he goes out so yeah I guess if we don't see photos of him, then he must be indoors.

I don't think it would be a bad thing if he was in a relationship with a guy, that doesn't mean I'm not going to disagree with someone that says he is. You're framing him attention-seeking in this specific moment as a fact and acting like it's some evil, unforgivable thing and wondering why you're getting pushback? Funny.

by Anonymousreply 257November 8, 2020 11:23 PM

[quote]like it's some evil, unforgivable thing

Except I'm not.

[quote]wondering why you're getting pushback?

I know why I'm getting pushback - because you fangirls can't take a tiny bit of criticism. Case in point, I said he seems pretty desperate to be noticed, said it was a new level of being a famewhore. Pretty mild, and yet to you that somehow is "some evil, unforgivable thing".

by Anonymousreply 258November 8, 2020 11:28 PM

R255 I'm criticizing what you write, not you personally. It's interesting that disagreement makes you feel personally attacked. That explains a lot.

by Anonymousreply 259November 8, 2020 11:29 PM

R258 'A new level of being a famewhore' is not mild. Even if your interpretation was correct, it's not anywhere near as famewhorish as the public PDA with Lily and Eiza or the shit most celebrities air out on social media.

And I've been critical of him plenty of times, including in this thread. Talking loudly about art in NYC is not offensive to me and something worthy of being criticized. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 260November 8, 2020 11:31 PM

R259 That's really weak. You should stop and ask yourself why it is you're resorting to that kind of line, rather than actually arguing what was said. We both know why.

by Anonymousreply 261November 8, 2020 11:32 PM

R260 Well, not mild to a stan who can't take criticism, sure, but to a sane person, yeah it's mild.

by Anonymousreply 262November 8, 2020 11:32 PM

R258 It isn't mild criticism. It's your persistence in making things up out of whole cloth. Criticize him all you want, but don't make shit up.

by Anonymousreply 263November 8, 2020 11:33 PM

R263 It's literally in the article.

by Anonymousreply 264November 8, 2020 11:34 PM

R264 No, it 'literally' isn't. What's literally in the article is that he was 'genuinely curious' about how they recognized him. You acting like you were there and saw how it went down, that he was talking about his movies and himself rather than art in general has all come from your imagination.

by Anonymousreply 265November 8, 2020 11:36 PM

R265 Ha, okay, sure he was talking about "art". Still doing it loud enough for the writer - the writer who wrote a pathetically fawning article - to call him out on it.

by Anonymousreply 266November 8, 2020 11:38 PM

R266 Call him out by telling readers he was genuinely curious about how they recognized him?

by Anonymousreply 267November 8, 2020 11:39 PM

R267 By pointing out he was talking so loudly that they could notice and recognise him by it.

by Anonymousreply 268November 8, 2020 11:41 PM

R264 No, your interpretation of what occurred during that interview is literally not in the article. You believe that Chalamet's intention during an interview in a public place was to be loud so as to be noticed. The journalist doesn't describe that at all. He wrote that Chalamet hasn't learned yet that his voice and manner is now recognizable to fans, so if he is loudly talking about art, he will inevitably be noticed.

by Anonymousreply 269November 8, 2020 11:42 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270November 8, 2020 11:42 PM

R268 And clearing up that he didn't do it on purpose. How is that 'calling him out'? Of all the people that have talked about this article and even been critical of it, you're the only one that has interpreted that part in that way. So if his intention was to call him out, pretty sure it didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 271November 8, 2020 11:43 PM

[quote]He wrote that Chalamet hasn't learned yet that his voice and manner is now recognizable to fans

Quote that part of the article

by Anonymousreply 272November 8, 2020 11:43 PM

R272 Fair enough. That is my interpretation of what the writer wrote.

[quote]By pointing out he was talking so loudly that they could notice and recognise him by it.

"...so that they could notice and recognize him by it." That is your interpretation of Chalamet's intentions based on your perception. It's not what the writer wrote.

by Anonymousreply 273November 8, 2020 11:49 PM

R273 Oh, so you're allowed your interpretation, but I'm not allowed mine?

by Anonymousreply 274November 8, 2020 11:51 PM

R274 So you admit that it's your perception, and not necessarily what occurred? Thank you. Have a nice day.

by Anonymousreply 275November 8, 2020 11:52 PM

Enjoy the paywall soon for using the thread as a personal cha troom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276November 8, 2020 11:53 PM

R275 Obviously. I've never said otherwise. You just couldn't accept someone having a different opinion from you until you talked yourself into a corner.

by Anonymousreply 277November 8, 2020 11:54 PM

R277 Pot, meet kettle.

by Anonymousreply 278November 8, 2020 11:58 PM

R230 This is false, and it's rich coming from someone who claims he's still BFFs with Armie despite them not having been seen together since February 2019. It's also hilarious that you think The Weeknd would need Timothee to get attention from women.

by Anonymousreply 279November 8, 2020 11:58 PM

R279 Never claimed he's BFFs with Armie. The tea leaves are there. When he got back with Bella they stopped hanging out and started again when they broke up. And Abel is hardly attractive, he's chubby and short. Obviously he can get women based on his money and fame, but Timothee helps.

by Anonymousreply 280November 9, 2020 12:00 AM

R277 You're the one that accused everyone of being fangirls that can't handle any criticism just because they disagreed with your interpretation.

by Anonymousreply 281November 9, 2020 12:02 AM

R278 How, exactly, am I a hypocrite? You're the one who tried to insist I wasn't entitled to my opinion and it was somehow wrong. And you're the one who tried to make up facts.

R281 Some mild criticism described as being equated as an "evil, unforgivable thing" proved that to be absolutely true. Huge over-reaction from both of you, because you can't handle him being criticised.

by Anonymousreply 282November 9, 2020 12:07 AM

R282 You're the king of massive overreactions by the looks of things so people clearly just took inspiration from you.

by Anonymousreply 283November 9, 2020 12:09 AM

R283 Really? You're going with 'I know you are, but what am I?'?

by Anonymousreply 284November 9, 2020 12:13 AM

R284 If that's your interpretation, we all know what you believe is the only truth anyway.

by Anonymousreply 285November 9, 2020 12:16 AM

R282 Based on what you've written in our exchange, you are good at projecting your own feelings and behaviors on to others. Everything you criticize of me and others are things you have done. You can read through your own comments if you want proof of that.

I won't be replying to you again, because it seems that you are less of a Chalamet ex-stan than someone desparate for attention. Best of luck to you.

by Anonymousreply 286November 9, 2020 12:16 AM

R285 Says the person who whined and bitched because someone had a different opinion.

R286 So, your attempt at an ad hominem failed and...you try again with another?

The most puzzling thing is why you even bother posting here. This ain't a fansite. There's Tumblr, there's Tapatalk, they self-censor so you only hear all the good stuff and no-one ever disagrees. If that's what you want, post there. Stop trying to make DL into something it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 287November 9, 2020 12:19 AM

R280 You've been all over these threads defending Armie and Timothee's friendship. You can't say that he remains close with Armie even though they don't see each other but then claim that he isn't close to Abel because we didn't see them hang out for a while. You seem to follow them all pretty closely so you should be aware of the reasons why you're wrong about this without me telling you.

I wasn't saying women would flock to him because he's attractive, but because he's The Weeknd. He doesn't need Timmy's help. But my gripe is more with the fact that you're claiming they aren't genuine friends when there's a lot of evidence to suggest otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 288November 9, 2020 12:23 AM

R287 I come on this thread because I want to read gossip about Chalamet. What I don't like is posters making things up completely based on personal bias. I don't need the permission of a woman cosplaying a gay man to participate in any discussion on DL.

I've given you enough attention for one day. Be well.

by Anonymousreply 289November 9, 2020 12:26 AM

R288 I didn't say he wasn't close to Abel, I said that I didn't find it genuine on Abel's part and that it wasn't this BFF stuff that people make it out to be. People mention him often in the same breath as people like Cudi when it's clear him and Cudi are together a lot more and their friendship isn't based around partying in the same way. I only defend his friendship with Armie because there's a wackjob around these parts that thinks Armie is feeding negative blind items about Timothee to websites and thinks if he likes one of Timothee's posts it's somehow proof of him hating him. Armie was also friends with him before he was famous, so there's no reason to doubt it being genuine in the same way there is someone like Abel who is clearly obsessed with looking cool and would never have allowed a non-famous kid near him.

Again, not saying he NEEDS Timothee but Timothee helps. He is the IT boy of the moment and Abel jumped on him at the prime opportunity. You are free to disagree but you wont change my mind I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 290November 9, 2020 12:28 AM

R289 Again, you're just reinforcing what I said, you can't stand people having different opinions than you. Using other terms like "personal bias" doesn't fool anyone.

by Anonymousreply 291November 9, 2020 12:30 AM

Don't think he was looking for attention and people coming up to him (in the middle of an interview...?) but if he was, good for him. It's the reason he's a star and Lucas Hedges isn't. Judging from this interview, he's learned his lesson about the OTT PDA on vacations, and that was the only part of it that felt like it was going too far to me. Everything else fans and the media seem to enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 292November 9, 2020 12:31 AM

R291 But there's no reason to assume it's not genuine on Abel's side or that he's using Timothee - especially in circumstances where he doesn't need the help. They're friends who hang out and support each other. That's what we've seen. You're making assumptions when they probably just hit it off and have stuff in common. He has non-famous friends, like Timothee does.

I don't think they're BFFs but their friendship has lasted for a few years and they might be closer than people think. I don't actually care who he's friends with, it just seemed hypocritical for you to say that he's still close to Armie and defend him against accusations here (some of which are over the top, I agree) but then make pretty baseless claims about another friend of his.

by Anonymousreply 293November 9, 2020 1:56 AM

R293 There may not be reason in your eyes, there are in mine. The Bella thing I talked about earlier for one. The fact that 99% of the times they're seen together, it's in a club or at a party. Neither of them ever mentioning each other in interviews as a meaningful friendship. Abel is basically the only famous friend Timothee has never brought up when asked about who he can turn to, rely on, looks upto etc.

His non-famous friends are his childhood friends. I'm making the point that he's not the type to befriend a struggling actor like Timothee was pre-2017. The other actors he hangs out with are people like DiCaprio. He has a type that he likes to keep close and they all come from the same IT boy/former IT boy, cool, cinephile ilk.

Again, you don't have to agree with me just like the person that thinks Armie devotes his life to taking down Timothee doesn't have to agree with me about him either. You making the assumption that they have stuff in common is just as much of an assumption as anything I'm saying. We don't know at the end of the day. Their friendship lasting two years means nothing to me, how many of Timothee's friendships have disappeared? 0. He clearly makes effort to keep them going.

by Anonymousreply 294November 9, 2020 2:05 AM

Anyway, him and Yasmin Wijnaldum are now in the Hamptons together according to DeuxMoi. Looks like they're a thing indeed. Poor LRD and her desperate refollow.

by Anonymousreply 295November 9, 2020 2:12 AM

lmao if she unfollows him again as soon as they're papped

by Anonymousreply 296November 9, 2020 2:22 AM

This thread is pathetic

Muriel — get rid of it!

by Anonymousreply 297November 9, 2020 5:24 PM

R297 Or you could just not read it

by Anonymousreply 298November 9, 2020 6:27 PM

R294 So a friendship is only meaningful if you talk about it publicly and if you met when you weren't famous? They don't just party, they've been to dinners with people, he was at The King premiere in NYC, Timothee was at his house this year. They interact on social media and their friends like and comment on their stuff too.

No, it's not an assumption that they have things in common. Doesn't dictate how close they are, but it's true. If we don't know then why did you say their friendship isn't genuine and base your ideas on a nearly three year old Page Six article? You pretty much sound like those who say Armie resents him and is out to get him.

by Anonymousreply 299November 10, 2020 11:31 AM

R299 It seems really important to you that Timothee's friendship with this homophobe is meaningful so I'll keep further thoughts to myself.

by Anonymousreply 300November 10, 2020 12:53 PM

R300 That's what you resort to? He doesn't seem any more homophobic than Armie Hammer, who you're very insistent he's still close to and raged against anyone who suggested he wasn't. You gave away why you've presented their relationship as you have, because you have a problem with him. Mysteriously, you're fine with Armie's moral character.

As I said, I don't really care who he's friends with, my point isn't to show that they're close, or that he's a saint. I've been replying to you because you were being a hypocrite doing what you've accused other people of doing and twisting facts to suit your narrative.

by Anonymousreply 301November 10, 2020 2:29 PM

R301 Abel is a raging misogynist and yes, also homophobic as he presents in his lyrics. I'm not fine with Armie's moral character and have criticized him many times.

I have not partaken in any ridiculous theories like Abel is trying to sabotage Timothee behind the scenes or is jealous of him as proven by him commenting on one of his posts etc. etc. I have simply said I don't think he would be friends with him if Timothee wasn't a Hollywood IT boy that attracts women and that I think their friendship is mostly based around the partying they're usually together doing. I haven't asked you once to agree. Now fuck off if you don't care.

by Anonymousreply 302November 10, 2020 4:08 PM

Oh and the dinners were before/after parties and The King premiere also had an afterparty which Abel attended. We barely see Timothee at clubs or parties with anyone other than Abel. But I'm sure they have deep, meaningful conversations inbetween the probable coke snorting.

by Anonymousreply 303November 10, 2020 4:20 PM

He interviewed Zendaya for her Elle cover shoot. It’s official. His PR wants every single person to know his name and wants every single person to worship him. The good news is Hollywood stops relentlessly hyping someone once everybody hates it.

by Anonymousreply 304November 10, 2020 7:18 PM

Ugh I hate these celebrity interviews celebrity puff pieces. Okay, it's Elle, it was never going to be hard-hitting, but still you can expect more than PR bullshit dressed up as an interview.

by Anonymousreply 305November 10, 2020 7:27 PM

He is Zendaya's co-star and the interview was likely arranged when they thought Dune would be coming out next month. And the interview was very much focused around her, not him. Keep reaching.

by Anonymousreply 306November 10, 2020 7:28 PM

R305: It's just another opportunity to promote the two most overrated and overexposed actors of the moment.

by Anonymousreply 307November 10, 2020 7:32 PM

R307 I don't even mean this one in particular, just the trend in general.

by Anonymousreply 308November 10, 2020 7:35 PM

Well, that's what happens with the society we have today where celebrities aren't allowed to risk saying something remotely different or controversial. Of course they're gonna go for the safe PR route.

by Anonymousreply 309November 10, 2020 7:37 PM

I hope in next year's Dune promo they relax with the 'Timdaya' stuff and focus more on Oscar Isaac etc. Teenage girls are not the target audience here. They'd have to do a PR relationship if they really wanted to get butts in seats that way.

by Anonymousreply 310November 10, 2020 7:45 PM

R310: Don't be surprised if that happens. He's the king of fake, public romances.

by Anonymousreply 311November 10, 2020 8:01 PM

R311 Nah, they've already ruined their chances with the way they've been publicly speaking to each other. 'Friend', 'bruh', 'my g' etc.

by Anonymousreply 312November 10, 2020 8:04 PM

The guy has had one public relationship since becoming famous that was clearly at least somewhat real. Lol at him being the king of PR relationships.

by Anonymousreply 313November 10, 2020 8:07 PM

R310: The problem is the focus will be on him not Oscar. He wants a leading man career and he knows that both the film and his performance have to be well received. So it will definitely center on him and his ability to carry a big budget studio film as a leading man. Therefore, a possible fauxmance could very well be in the cards.

by Anonymousreply 314November 10, 2020 9:53 PM

R314 I'm not suggesting they don't promote him, he is the lead so of course it makes sense. I'm saying, have it be him and Oscar or him and Momoa, not him and Zendaya who has a small part and is someone that the target audience isn't interested in.

And I don't see any way they do a PR relationship, it would have already begun because it was meant to be released this year and like I said, they've been very careful to come across as friends and 'bros'. No one would buy it if they suddenly turned romantic.

by Anonymousreply 315November 10, 2020 10:36 PM

R314 He doesn't direct the PR strategy for a film like Dune, so it doesn't matter what he wants. He'll be the focus in media aimed towards the parts of the audience which like him, Oscar will be the focus in media aimed towards the parts of the audience which like him, Zendaya will be the focus...you get it.

by Anonymousreply 316November 10, 2020 11:49 PM

R316 Thus far it's pretty much all been Timdaya, except for the group promo with all of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 317November 10, 2020 11:51 PM

R317 It's almost like they've delayed the release of the film or something

by Anonymousreply 318November 10, 2020 11:52 PM

R318 We're still seeing the remnants of the promo that would have took place. The GQ interview, this Elle interview, the birthday tweet to her was clearly only done to hype up Dune. In the Dune feature in Empire Magazine they only interviewed those two of the cast etc.

by Anonymousreply 319November 10, 2020 11:53 PM

And in GQ, they got quotes from Denis and Zendaya, despite Denis pointing out Timothee bonded especially well with the men in the cast.

by Anonymousreply 320November 10, 2020 11:56 PM

R319 Exactly, remnants. Not the whole thing.

I'm staggered this needs to be explained. You really think Chalamet has enough power to make the studio direct the publicity of one of their films for his benefit?

by Anonymousreply 321November 10, 2020 11:57 PM

I told you all they were gonna hype this film to death. Like R319 said we're seeing it now and we'll see it again come this time next year.

by Anonymousreply 322November 10, 2020 11:58 PM

R321 I've never said the responsibility is on him so I'm not sure where that's coming from. I've said it's clear the angle they've been going for with the promo and I hope next year they change direction a bit. It's silly to focus so much on someone that has a very small part. Yes, she has many Instagram followers but they're the demographic that like to wait and pirate movies, not the demographic with an income that will be excited for the actual plot and content of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 323November 10, 2020 11:59 PM

R323 Ugh, again, nothing is clear. You're seeing a tiny part of their overall PR which is just the stuff they couldn't cancel.

by Anonymousreply 324November 11, 2020 12:02 AM

R324 Well in that case it's very coincidental that the only stuff they couldn't cancel was heavily based around Zendaya.

by Anonymousreply 325November 11, 2020 12:03 AM

This angle not only helps promote Dune but it makes his following even bigger too. His PR knows she has many IG followers so it opens him up to an even wider audience. A little cross promoting.

by Anonymousreply 326November 11, 2020 12:04 AM

R325 Or it shows your a Timothee Chalamet stan who ignores the stuff which doesn't feature him.

But keep whining about the PR strategy for a film which won't be released for a year.

by Anonymousreply 327November 11, 2020 12:06 AM

The birthday tweet in particular was so over the top and obviously planned. Either his publicist gave me a written paragraph to say or he just took whatever was in head and rambled on and on.

by Anonymousreply 328November 11, 2020 12:06 AM

Sure, but I thought he was trying to appeal to new demographics with the projects he was taking on ie. straight adult men. His most successful projects thus far have all been aimed at women and gay men, he has them pretty much down already. Unfortunately, straight men still rule the roost in Hollywood so getting more of that type of fan wouldn't be a bad idea. Which is why linking with actors film bros respect like Isaac wouldn't be a bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 329November 11, 2020 12:07 AM

R328 It definitely came from him, you can tell by the OTT vocabulary that doesn't actually end up meaning anything significant when all said together. But yeah it was a bit embarrassing, he rarely wishes his friends happy birthday on social media and when he does it's usually a quick IG story or one sentence, not a gushing paragraph for someone he doesn't appear to be that close to and who didn't get any kind of public birthday wish the year before even though Dune had already wrapped. And people just ended up laughing at it and mocking it and him for being 'friendzoned'.

by Anonymousreply 330November 11, 2020 12:12 AM

[quote]And people just ended up laughing at it and mocking it and him

Funny how that keeps happening with him

by Anonymousreply 331November 11, 2020 12:12 AM

R327 I paid attention to all of the promo, thanks. And saying that I hoped they changed direction next year is hardly whining. I only elaborated because you made such a big deal of a passing comment.

by Anonymousreply 332November 11, 2020 12:15 AM

R330: I’m so sick of people saying he’s some sort of Mensa genius. He’s really not that intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 333November 11, 2020 12:17 AM

Yeah braces yourselves. Timdaya is clearly going to be the selling point for the next year until the film comes out.

by Anonymousreply 334November 11, 2020 2:41 AM

Feels very forced, not as natural as many of his other co-star friendships. Teens are still lapping it up though so lets hope they'll ask their parents for money to see Dune...I'm not convinced.

by Anonymousreply 335November 11, 2020 2:44 AM

His career and appeal are certainly a mystery. But then Kidman's latter career is a friggin mystery. Playing the same breathy wig woman again and again and again.

by Anonymousreply 336November 11, 2020 2:07 PM

R315 I hear what you're saying, but notice where this interview was published? Elle magazine. The demographic you're concerned about - men between the ages of 18 and 34 - are not reading Elle magazine. With this interview, they are hoping to get the female, especially the young female demographic, excited about the film. Dune has a lot of fans, but the P.R. machine for the film may be worried that younger fans and female fans are not in the fold yet, hence the interviews with Zendaya.

Trust that as we get closer to the film's release, there will be a ton of interviews with the other male cast-members, and there will definitely be interviews of Chalamet, with Oscar Isaac, Jason Momoa, and Josh Brolin, and Denis Villeneuve. The studio wants this to be a massive hit with as many people as possible. There's a lot riding on this film, and not just for Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 337November 11, 2020 6:51 PM

R337 Hopefully. If it was just this magazine I wouldn't have commented but it was that alongside everything else. Empire Magazine, for example, seems very much aimed at the film-bro type and yet their entire feature on Dune only features interviews with Timothee and Zendaya. While I don't think there's any harm in trying to excite teenagers about the movie, they're gonna need more than just them on board and Dune doesn't have the biggest built-in fanbase, like something like Lord of the Rings had.

by Anonymousreply 338November 11, 2020 7:25 PM

R338 I understand your concern. The good thing is that the P.R. people for this film now have time to see how their initial P.R. push is going, and can re-direct as needed.

by Anonymousreply 339November 11, 2020 9:15 PM

R336: It’s the perfect storm of a massive PR team, a powerful agent, and family connections. Do you really think he got the role in Dune because of his abilities and looks?

by Anonymousreply 340November 12, 2020 12:32 PM

R335: I agree. They seemingly had no interaction during production and post production on social media or in person. It wasn’t until these last few months when they thought Dune would be coming out this year that they started the Timdaya promo. But the film is critical to his future as a leading man so I’m sure they want everybody to come out for this: straight dudes, teenage girls, etc.

by Anonymousreply 341November 12, 2020 12:36 PM

R340 It can be a mix of all those things. He's not talentless and he looks the part of Paul Atreides more than any other current young actor.

by Anonymousreply 342November 12, 2020 1:46 PM

First Jack Dylan Grazer in We Are Who We Are, now this. He already has people 'influenced by' his shtick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343November 12, 2020 1:50 PM

Can you provide the context for r343? I can watch the video, but not open the link.

by Anonymousreply 344November 12, 2020 3:31 PM

The twitter user was saying how the actor Austin Abrams in the new Netflix series Dash & Lily has very similar mannerisms and way of speaking to Timothee.

by Anonymousreply 345November 12, 2020 5:39 PM

Also noted by Joe Reid in his review: 'Austin Abrams — who's probably best known for his stint as Ron on The Walking Dead and for playing Ben Stiller's son in the film Brad's Status — has to make the "cynical, floppy haired white teen" thing work, and while he's doing his best to deliver a Chalamet-lite performance, the emphasis is on the "lite."'

by Anonymousreply 346November 12, 2020 5:40 PM

Austin Abrams is a 5'7 midget.

by Anonymousreply 347November 13, 2020 6:31 AM

He looks like Millie Perkins

by Anonymousreply 348November 13, 2020 2:38 PM

Why did Lily follow him again?

by Anonymousreply 349November 13, 2020 10:50 PM

R349 Her dad lost his court case and then lost his job. HIs career is officially done. So she needed to cling on to the only other person that has given her relevancy, Timothee. Unfortunately for her he's fucking Yasmin.

by Anonymousreply 350November 13, 2020 11:02 PM

So DeuxMoi has gone back to being believable has it? Now it says something you want to hear?

by Anonymousreply 351November 13, 2020 11:43 PM

R351 I believe DeuxMoi when it seems believable. Plenty of things posted there have turned out to be true. When Yasmin posts from the Hamptons the same day that Timothee is photographed there and the person confirms after being sent a photo of Yasmin that that's who he's with, that seems pretty believable to me, especially when he also follows her on his finsta.

by Anonymousreply 352November 14, 2020 12:05 AM

There have been more and more DM articles about him in the past few weeks. Either they found him on their own or his publicist is calling the paps. Now that he has nothing going on at the moment expect him to get papped all the time. Whether that’s fan selfies or more DM articles.

by Anonymousreply 353November 14, 2020 12:13 AM

He was getting papped a lot in January when he was in NYC as well. He hadn't been back there (other than very briefly at the end of July) since. He rarely gets papped in LA or anywhere else. Fans seem to spot him in NYC much more easily too.

by Anonymousreply 354November 14, 2020 12:16 AM

Another day, another DM article. This time they caught him riding his bike. His publicist must be working overtime.

by Anonymousreply 355November 15, 2020 2:02 AM

Always whining about the publicist, but never him participating. I guess it helps that his publicist is a woman, and god knows you fraus hate other women.

by Anonymousreply 356November 15, 2020 4:41 AM

Given that they’re the two most overexposed young actors right now, it logically makes sense that Timdaya is the angle that the PR team is going for here. However, a fauxmance would be a total disaster and everyone would call bullshit on it. At least Lilothee had some element of plausibility to it. There was never any of these lovey dovey interviews or SM interactions.

by Anonymousreply 357November 16, 2020 4:26 PM

[quote]However, a fauxmance would be a total disaster and everyone would call bullshit on it.

That's very cynical of you

by Anonymousreply 358November 18, 2020 10:21 AM

Yesterday was apparently fan mail day. Trying to stay relevant at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 359November 19, 2020 1:54 PM

What? Where did this happen?

by Anonymousreply 360November 19, 2020 2:13 PM

Mouseboy is hosting SNL on December 12th.

by Anonymousreply 361November 25, 2020 9:23 PM

That's going to be a lot of awkward laughing. From both the host and audience

by Anonymousreply 362November 25, 2020 10:04 PM

R361, yeah, but what do we do until then? I'm a bit fed up with the lack of quality content; the lack of red carpets. Let's hope the pandemic is over soon because I want to go back to travelling and going to the cinema...

by Anonymousreply 363November 28, 2020 12:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!