Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mean family members

When I was 8 yrs old my older cousin told me something that has stayed with me for over 30 years. When I was 8 yrs old my grandma and I watched Wheel of Fortune every evening. I enjoyed spending time with grandma and was fascinated with how beautiful Vanna White was. When my older cousin found out about the nightly time my grandma spent together she was jealous. I remember she told me that it was really one of the nastiest shows on tv. She claimed Vanna White had sex with Pat Sajak and every contestant (even female contestants) prior to taping. She said she was known as the Hollywood whore and how her husband and kids cried all of the time because of it. The story made me cry at the time too. I felt guilty watching Wheel with my grandma for a while after that but eventually moved past it. Looking back, I think that was a really fucked up thing for her to tell me. Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 72November 26, 2020 5:45 PM

OP, you can’t handle the truth.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2020 11:42 PM

Did she also tell you that Vanna White's son is a gay hare krishna?

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2020 11:44 PM

That’s kind of hilarious OP.

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2020 11:45 PM

R3 I can see that now as an adult but I was a naive kid who liked going to grandma’s house after dinner to watch Wheel.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2020 11:47 PM

Say it, OP...

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2020 11:48 PM

I agree with you, OP. I had a similar family situation. I was the youngest of 3 grandchildren, and my maternal grandmother favored me pretty blatantly. To be fair to her, we lived only a few houses away, and my mother stayed close to her parents. My two cousins lived a little further away (still not far - maybe 5 miles), and their father, my mother's brother, wasn't especially close to his parents. Grandma saw me a lot more than she saw of my cousins.

Anyway, one of my cousins was 8 years older than me and always very nice, but the age difference was such that we couldn't really be friends. His younger brother, 2 years old than me, was mean to me most of the time. When I was 6, he told me there was no Santa Claus. It was a traumatic experience that took a lot cajoling by my mother to get me to disbelieve.

It didn't occur to me until recently that he was probably jealous. Also, I really was a spoiled mama's boy, so I was an irresistible target.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2020 12:05 AM

OP your cousin was telling the truth!

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2020 12:06 AM

At least your cousin didn't stick a carrot in your anus in the garage and made you swear to never tell anyone.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2020 12:08 AM

R6, it’s not anybody’s fault except grandma’s, but it sucks when one child is the clear favorite. My grandmother did that and it was hurtful to the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2020 12:14 AM

If that's the worst thing a family member ever did to you growing up, you were very lucky.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2020 12:19 AM

It could have been worse, OP. At least she spared you the antics of Alex Trebek and Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2020 12:27 AM

And when did your cousin tell you that you are a retard?

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2020 12:35 AM

OP , when you see your cousin over the holidays take off her MAGA hat and viciously Shove it up her CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2020 12:38 AM

OP how much older is your cousin?

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2020 12:42 AM

Boo-Hoo. 1/10.

But some big girl panties on, you big blouse.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2020 12:44 AM

Hon, when you were little, did you ride a long school bus to school or was it shorter?

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2020 12:51 AM

[quote]in your anus in the garage

What a strange place to keep your anus.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2020 1:00 AM

Bless you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2020 3:02 AM

I read a memoir once by a Jewish woman who said as children she and her cousins were all dark-haired and dark-eyed, except for one little blonde, blue-eyed girl. Their grandmother wasn't particularly demonstrative or kind, but she fawned over the blonde girl and always called her "Presh" or "Precious". Oy vey.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2020 3:11 AM

Sorry, Blessed, but Vanna was a whore.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2020 3:11 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2020 3:15 AM

OP - I was waiting for the part of the story where your mean, jealous older cousin casually tells you that she overheard Grandma complaining to her mom how she “couldn’t stand that little fairy always flouncing around her lifting room gushing about whatever the fuck Vanna was wearing; but what can you do?“

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2020 3:25 AM

I think most people have inner assholes in them.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2020 11:42 AM

Your cousin was a petty little bitch. What's she like now? I hope she matured out of such nasty tactics. But sadly, I've seen so many people who were just like that as kids and stayed just like that as adults.

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2020 12:22 PM

You've been in lockdown awhile now, haven't you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2020 12:25 PM

My older, teenage cousin once sang "You Are So Ugly" (to the tune of "You Are So Beautiful") to me, then sprayed but spray in my face. Thank God I didn't go blind or anything.

But this did begin my decades long battle with body dysmorphia, spending tens of thousands of dollars on cosmetic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2020 12:27 PM

^^^ UGH Bug spray, not but spray

It's early

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2020 12:27 PM

Your cousin belongs on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2020 12:29 PM

Bitch was spilling the tea. She sounds like more fun than you.

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2020 12:32 PM

What r18 said.

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2020 12:52 PM

I like how the husband and kids cried "all the time" over Vanna's whoring.

It's the details that bring a story to life...

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2020 12:58 PM

Did cuz ever say whether or not Vanna had sex with Merv Griffin?

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2020 1:00 PM

My cousin and I see each other about once a year at a random family gathering. I was still the preferred grandchild until my grandma died in 2010.

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2020 5:29 PM

I had one cousin on my dads side that was an asshole from infancy on . We all hated him. One day when we were like 9 he started throwing rocks at me and a few of my other cousins. Not little rocks either. I picked up a piece of brick and chunked it right at his face and knocked out a front tooth. He never threw rocks at me again. Ironically ,when we were like 15 or so he "made" me suck his dick . Never dreaming I wanted to for years !

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2020 5:48 PM

R34 what do your grandparents think about it?

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2020 5:51 PM

R34 has your cousin killed himself yet? I had a similar cuz who finally checked out. He was a tortured POS.

by Anonymousreply 36October 16, 2020 6:28 PM

I had a distant cousin in her early teens who came to visit when I was around 5. After eating fresh melon and ice cream, we were playing in the yard and she decided to spin me around by holding me by my ankles. Despite my screaming and begging her to stop, she spun me around until I threw up. I haven't eaten melon since that day.

She became a heavy smoker and died of lung cancer in mid 50s. But, I'm fine with all of that.

I do miss melon.

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2020 6:44 PM

Girls are incredibly mean at that age. Much worse than boys, usually. Your cousin sounds like a psychopath. But in the retelling, the story is kind of hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2020 7:23 PM

That’s just great.

by Anonymousreply 39October 16, 2020 7:33 PM

Vanna loves the ladies. She's like Suzie Somers, both cruising Palm Canyon for bearded clams.

by Anonymousreply 40October 16, 2020 7:37 PM

[quote] She claimed Vanna White had sex with Pat Sajak and every contestant (even female contestants) prior to taping. She said she was known as the Hollywood whore and how her husband and kids cried all of the time because of it.

I'm sorry to tell you that was all true.

by Anonymousreply 41October 16, 2020 7:39 PM

Vanna's son is homo, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 16, 2020 8:04 PM

R42 is Vanna’s son on the left or right?

by Anonymousreply 43October 16, 2020 8:08 PM

3/10 since you made me laugh

by Anonymousreply 44October 16, 2020 8:15 PM

hmmm. It's the Hare Krishna part that's a bit freaky, isn't it? That, coupled with the fact that he's 19 and the HK guy is 36 makes it all seem rather dubious.

by Anonymousreply 45October 16, 2020 8:15 PM

Is there any doubt about who's the top?

by Anonymousreply 46October 16, 2020 8:16 PM

Oh no! Nikko wears scarves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 16, 2020 8:39 PM

You were a very sensitive young gurl, weren't you, Miss OP?

by Anonymousreply 48October 16, 2020 8:52 PM

When I was around 10 my uncle’s wife - total bitch I realise now - told me about my mother’s miscarriages. I didn’t really know what they were. I never mentioned it to my mother until I was an adult.

by Anonymousreply 49October 16, 2020 8:57 PM

I hope you plan on confronting her over this at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I think a loud “J’accuse!”, followed by a vicious slap is a great way to start. Then move on to wig pulling and hissing.

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2020 10:08 PM

I don't think my dad ever got along well with his 2 brothers, but we had family events and I saw all my cousins growing up. I never realized how much of a CUNT one of my uncles was until he expressed **shock** that maaaybe 150-200 people came out to my father's funeral. It wasn't in a "oh, that's so surprising, I'm glad so many people came," but more in a "wow... I'm surprised more than 10 people came" way. It was so rude and unnecessary. I think I've only spoken to that uncle maybe a handful of times since my father's funeral. My father was extremely respected and liked in his professional life, so it didn't surprised me at all.

by Anonymousreply 51October 18, 2020 2:24 AM

Three of my cousins convinced their sister that she was adopted. They kept it up for weeks until our grandmother showed her old photos and which relatives she resembled.

by Anonymousreply 52October 18, 2020 6:22 AM

Op: it was completely fucked up to tell that to an 8 year old kid,

by Anonymousreply 53October 18, 2020 6:36 AM

Thank u r53

by Anonymousreply 54October 18, 2020 5:37 PM

You are welcome OP. Compassion is in short supply here on DL. I shouldn’t be surprised since this is DL.

Call me crazy..... being belittled and marginalized as a gay man for so many years has made me have more compassion

by Anonymousreply 55October 22, 2020 11:44 PM

It's true, Vanna is a ho.

by Anonymousreply 56October 22, 2020 11:46 PM

Half of my family are foreign and speak a different language, one I'm conversant but not fluent in. I had a little cunt of a cousin from this side of the family who would talk shit about me in the other language (not knowing I understood).

She would make fun of my acne, which was one of the reasons for my abysmal self-esteem as a teen/pre-teen.

In retrospect, my acne was actually very normal/mild, but at the time I thought I had the worst skin in the world because of this rotten little cunt's comments.

We haven't interacted in about 15 years and the last time I saw her about 4 years ago, she turned into a pudgy bitch.

Meanwhile, my skin is now perfectly clear and I actually receive compliments on it occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 57October 27, 2020 1:47 PM

My aunt (Dad's sister) used to call me "Slim" and I was the fat kid. Then she called me "Fairy" until I left for college. I didn't see her for about thirty years after.

She has two grandsons. One is severely autistic, the other is a flaming queen.

by Anonymousreply 58October 27, 2020 1:58 PM

Darin the contestant tonight is one hot as fuck daddy.

by Anonymousreply 59November 26, 2020 12:43 AM

My aunt takes huge post dinner shits in my bathroom and I hate it

by Anonymousreply 60November 26, 2020 12:47 AM

Vanna White is a freak in sheep's clothing.

by Anonymousreply 61November 26, 2020 1:02 AM

An 8 yr old should have known better.

by Anonymousreply 62November 26, 2020 1:02 AM

I know a guy in Palm Springs whose claim to fame is that he and Vanna White bought the same carpetting.

by Anonymousreply 63November 26, 2020 3:14 PM

And does Vanna's match her drapes??

by Anonymousreply 64November 26, 2020 3:16 PM

This cousin of mine, at just about the time this pic was taken in the 70's, would fart onto a pillow and then hold it in our faces. He called them "poisoned pillows". That was the meanest thing any relative ever did to me (well, my mom's a different story). I've never recovered. I think he was gay and he died unmarried. Retelling all this has made me cry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 26, 2020 3:27 PM

My cousin said to me, "Grandma told me I'm her favorite grandchild." I don't know if my grandmother actually said it. But that cousin lived half an hour from my grandma, and her mother (my aunt) used grandma as a free babysitter, so they were closer. My brother and I lived 600 miles away.

But I got the last laugh. My grandma had three grandkids. She used to tell us that I (female) was special because I was the oldest. My cousin (also female) was special because she was the youngest. And my brother (who was in the middle) was special because he was the only boy. Several years later, my parents unexpectedly had another kid, a boy, who was now the fourth grandchild. My brother was no longer the only boy, and my cousin was no longer the youngest. But I was still the oldest!

by Anonymousreply 66November 26, 2020 3:28 PM

If you tell this story to my grandma, OP, she will slap you in the face, call you a Candyass, and tell you to go outside and play with the boys and toughen up. She gives good advice.

by Anonymousreply 67November 26, 2020 3:32 PM

My grandma Barb loved me the best, no doubt. She would remark on my long eyelashes, “like Bambi.” She told everyone I had a “silver tongue” because I told jokes and was a spectacular mimic. Our love was a two way street. To this day, I flambé my cousins, because they fucking know I was the favorite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 26, 2020 3:41 PM

You are so lucky, OP. Instead of Wheel of Fortune, I had to watch the Lawrence Welk Show with MY grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 69November 26, 2020 3:50 PM

The drama surrounding the Lennon sisters wasn’t enough for you?

by Anonymousreply 70November 26, 2020 3:58 PM

R69 Id have killed for some Lawrence Welk . I had to watch Univision with my grandma . As an aside ,I speak pretty good spanish because of it .

by Anonymousreply 71November 26, 2020 4:11 PM

My momma killed me

by Anonymousreply 72November 26, 2020 5:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!