Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Dexter' Is Returning to Showtime for 10 More Episodes in 2021!

Showtime drama Dexter is being revived for a 10 episode limited series with Michael C. Hall and showrunner Clyde Phillips set to return!

“DEXTER is such a special series, both for its millions of fans and for SHOWTIME, as this breakthrough show helped put our network on the map many years ago,” Showtime Entertainment president Gary Levine said in a statement. “We would only revisit this unique character if we could find a creative take that was truly worthy of the brilliant, original series. Well, I am happy to report that Clyde Phillips and Michael C. Hall have found it, and we can’t wait to shoot it and show it to the world!”

If you never watched, Dexter centers around serial killer Dexter Morgan who lives by a code of rules for each of his kills. The show began in 2006 and ran for 8 seasons. Michael received five consecutive Golden Globe nominations, six Screen Actors Guild noms, and five Emmy nominations for his work on the show.

You can stream the show on Netflix to prepare for the show’s 10 episode, debuting next year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 15, 2021 3:32 PM

No thanks!!!

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2020 8:45 PM

Let's hope his annoying sister is not back.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2020 8:46 PM

That's why they should always kill the main character when a show ends.

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2020 8:58 PM

I never watched "Dexter," but loved Michael C. Hall's work in "Six Feet Under." His performance as David Fisher will go down as one of the best on television.

But is "Dexter" worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2020 9:02 PM

This is tired.

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2020 9:04 PM

Dexter was once brilliant, but they'll really have to pull out some next-level shit to make up for that dreadful abortion of an ending.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2020 9:11 PM

The is show had one of the worst endings in TV series history. Haven't people learned their lesson that later revivals are never a good idea?

e.g Absolutely Fabulous - great show that was a cringe fest when brought back.

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2020 9:12 PM

I wonder how many incels and other mentally ill men that show has encouraged to kill people.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2020 9:17 PM

I'm only now watching the show on Netflix. Season one is excellent though I didn't care at all for the guy when on Six Feet Under.

[quote] That's why they should always kill the main character when a show ends.

It was tried once. When the show was cancelled James Garner made sure his character "Nichols" would never be back. At the very beginning of the finale he is gunned down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2020 9:27 PM

Michael does look like a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2020 1:27 AM

I love this show and can't wait!!

Showtime used to have so many great shows. All shit now

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2020 3:23 AM

Eh, way too late. Years too late. They screwed is over, those who followed the series. Abs they were all haughty about refusing to air more for years. Now they’re all desperate for a bit of cash and fame but even I've forgotten about this turkey of a show and the way it went off the air.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2020 3:42 AM

I wonder what happened to Harrison and who else is coming back!

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2020 6:44 PM

I would love it if Vince Masuka (CS Lee) and DL's very own "Sexter" came back, but when we last saw Dex, he was holing up at some remote logging camp in the Northwest somewhere. One can only imagine he got very proficient with an axe....

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2020 6:52 PM

Dexter is nothing without Antoine.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2020 6:57 PM

I'm gonna have to watch the series again...

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2020 7:04 PM

Me too, I loved Masuka! I can't remember but was he the one who visited DL and dropped hints for a season?

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2020 7:05 PM

[quote]when we last saw Dex, he was holing up

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2020 7:06 PM

More sick entertainment that depicts white people as depraved sociopaths. Don’t we get enough sociopathic storylines from ryan aspies murphy.

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2020 7:10 PM

I want to see Hannah confront him about sending her to Argentina with his kid in tow, and then just vanishing, leaving her alone to raise someone else's kid. That's some fucked up shit, almost as bad as being a serial killer in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2020 7:18 PM

It's not just undoing that awful finale. They destroyed the show in the last couple of seasons. It's pointless. What's done is done; leave it alone.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2020 7:21 PM

r13 I mean theres no mystery there. Hannah poisoned that little brat on the plane to Buenos Aires.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2020 7:27 PM

[quote]Me too, I loved Masuka! I can't remember but was he the one who visited DL and dropped hints for a season?

Yep, CS and the guy we dubbed "Sexter," who I think was involved in the art department, or something like that. I remember him posting some mock ups of scenes and masks and such.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2020 7:28 PM

Just rewatched the whole series...

so sad Deb died.

And Quinn looked so haggard and gaunt the last season...manorexia?

by Anonymousreply 24November 12, 2020 7:06 PM

I loved the first six seasons, but the remaining ones were a travesty. I'm not sure I'd want to see 10 more episodes. Let Dexter and his Dark Passenger fade away quietly.

by Anonymousreply 25November 12, 2020 7:24 PM

He was my least favorite character on 6 Feet Under. He's one of those I just cant stand , like Mark Harmon . I tried getting into Dexter but I just couldnt. Talk about a one note actor.

by Anonymousreply 26November 12, 2020 7:30 PM

I'm with R12. I liked the original show but was ready for it to end before it actually did. Now is a whole different time with a different mindset, a full-blown pandemic and a monster/manbaby in the White House. I don't see myself getting back in the right frame of mind to watch it again, unless maybe some year in the future I might check it out on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 27November 12, 2020 7:32 PM

I was disappointed when they killed off Doakes so early in the series.

by Anonymousreply 28November 12, 2020 7:55 PM

Totally agree with you R20, with the Hannah and Harrison debacle. Talk about unfinished business..... Totally depraved move on Dexter’s part that must be addressed in the reboot.

by Anonymousreply 29March 15, 2021 4:38 AM

I didn't watch it the first time around, and I probably won't this time.

by Anonymousreply 30March 15, 2021 4:42 AM

Couldn't get through the first episode of this show. Completely cornball. Why bring this back?

new content please

by Anonymousreply 31March 15, 2021 4:49 AM

Not sure why or who went an bumped this thread but has anyone determined when exactly it will air and if in fact they really have begun production? I can't really find anything firm out there other than weird c-list entertainment news sites.

by Anonymousreply 32March 15, 2021 3:26 PM

r32 I had the same question....suggests they havent started fliming

by Anonymousreply 33March 15, 2021 3:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!