Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Dexter' Is Returning to Showtime for 10 More Episodes in 2021!

Showtime drama Dexter is being revived for a 10 episode limited series with Michael C. Hall and showrunner Clyde Phillips set to return!

“DEXTER is such a special series, both for its millions of fans and for SHOWTIME, as this breakthrough show helped put our network on the map many years ago,” Showtime Entertainment president Gary Levine said in a statement. “We would only revisit this unique character if we could find a creative take that was truly worthy of the brilliant, original series. Well, I am happy to report that Clyde Phillips and Michael C. Hall have found it, and we can’t wait to shoot it and show it to the world!”

If you never watched, Dexter centers around serial killer Dexter Morgan who lives by a code of rules for each of his kills. The show began in 2006 and ran for 8 seasons. Michael received five consecutive Golden Globe nominations, six Screen Actors Guild noms, and five Emmy nominations for his work on the show.

You can stream the show on Netflix to prepare for the show’s 10 episode, debuting next year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2310/16/2020

No thanks!!!

by Anonymousreply 110/14/2020

Let's hope his annoying sister is not back.

by Anonymousreply 210/14/2020

That's why they should always kill the main character when a show ends.

by Anonymousreply 310/14/2020

I never watched "Dexter," but loved Michael C. Hall's work in "Six Feet Under." His performance as David Fisher will go down as one of the best on television.

But is "Dexter" worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 410/14/2020

This is tired.

by Anonymousreply 510/14/2020

Dexter was once brilliant, but they'll really have to pull out some next-level shit to make up for that dreadful abortion of an ending.

by Anonymousreply 610/14/2020

The is show had one of the worst endings in TV series history. Haven't people learned their lesson that later revivals are never a good idea?

e.g Absolutely Fabulous - great show that was a cringe fest when brought back.

by Anonymousreply 710/14/2020

I wonder how many incels and other mentally ill men that show has encouraged to kill people.

by Anonymousreply 810/14/2020

I'm only now watching the show on Netflix. Season one is excellent though I didn't care at all for the guy when on Six Feet Under.

[quote] That's why they should always kill the main character when a show ends.

It was tried once. When the show was cancelled James Garner made sure his character "Nichols" would never be back. At the very beginning of the finale he is gunned down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 910/14/2020

Michael does look like a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 1010/14/2020

I love this show and can't wait!!

Showtime used to have so many great shows. All shit now

by Anonymousreply 1110/15/2020

Eh, way too late. Years too late. They screwed is over, those who followed the series. Abs they were all haughty about refusing to air more for years. Now they’re all desperate for a bit of cash and fame but even I've forgotten about this turkey of a show and the way it went off the air.

by Anonymousreply 1210/15/2020

I wonder what happened to Harrison and who else is coming back!

by Anonymousreply 1310/16/2020

I would love it if Vince Masuka (CS Lee) and DL's very own "Sexter" came back, but when we last saw Dex, he was holing up at some remote logging camp in the Northwest somewhere. One can only imagine he got very proficient with an axe....

by Anonymousreply 1410/16/2020

Dexter is nothing without Antoine.

by Anonymousreply 1510/16/2020

I'm gonna have to watch the series again...

by Anonymousreply 1610/16/2020

Me too, I loved Masuka! I can't remember but was he the one who visited DL and dropped hints for a season?

by Anonymousreply 1710/16/2020

[quote]when we last saw Dex, he was holing up

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 1810/16/2020

More sick entertainment that depicts white people as depraved sociopaths. Don’t we get enough sociopathic storylines from ryan aspies murphy.

by Anonymousreply 1910/16/2020

I want to see Hannah confront him about sending her to Argentina with his kid in tow, and then just vanishing, leaving her alone to raise someone else's kid. That's some fucked up shit, almost as bad as being a serial killer in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 2010/16/2020

It's not just undoing that awful finale. They destroyed the show in the last couple of seasons. It's pointless. What's done is done; leave it alone.

by Anonymousreply 2110/16/2020

r13 I mean theres no mystery there. Hannah poisoned that little brat on the plane to Buenos Aires.

by Anonymousreply 2210/16/2020

[quote]Me too, I loved Masuka! I can't remember but was he the one who visited DL and dropped hints for a season?

Yep, CS and the guy we dubbed "Sexter," who I think was involved in the art department, or something like that. I remember him posting some mock ups of scenes and masks and such.

by Anonymousreply 2310/16/2020
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!