Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Charmed TV Show FEUD!

CAT-FIGHT! The stars of the original "Charmed" have been in a social media FEUD with the news stars of the reboot "Charmed"

It all started with Rose McGowan saying the reboot “sucks.”

“I haven’t seen it, I can’t say that. I’ve never seen it,” McGowan continued, adding that “I’m happy that people have jobs. But it can still suck.”

Holly Marie Combs says

“Charmed belongs to the four [main actresses], our vast amount of writers, crews and predominantly the fans. FYI you will not fool them by owning a title/stamp. So bye.”

Which led Sarah Jeffery, who stars as Maggie Vera on The CW’s reboot, to call two of her Charmed predecessors “sad and quite frankly pathetic”

by Anonymousreply 76April 3, 2021 4:45 AM

New - Holly Marie Combs has followed up after Sarah Jeffery (Maggie Vera on The CW’s reboot) to call two of her Charmed predecessors “sad and quite frankly pathetic to see grown women behaving this way.”

Holly Marie now says (after being called pathetic)

“That’s some [bulls–t]. And a lot of it. Clearly. People speaking, excuse me typing, derogatory accusations of a person’s character despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary because of a difference in opinions about a tv show is just plain wrong. And also personal gain honey.”

“There’s more important things happening in the world, Carry on.”

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2020 7:55 PM

Whichever doesn’t have that huge homophobe Rose McGowan.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2020 8:01 PM

How can Rose say it sucks when she says she's never seen it?

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2020 8:04 PM

R3 Because she's not in it, of course!

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2020 8:09 PM

Combs and McGowan have been dogging this show since it was announced. Almost pathologically.

Milano has remained pretty much ambivalent but positive.

Doherty has said she wishes them luck and Hope's that it can help younger audiences like the original.

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2020 8:48 PM

Shannen Doherty is a class act. She was super nice to one of the new actress' dads.

And Sarah Jeffrey is right. It is pathetic to see them act like this. Hell, if they were smart they would:

1. Realize the CW won't cancel the damn show. They keep everything on forever.

2. Realize that if they were supportive of the show they could possibly appear on it. I'm sure they would have been happy to have them. Then they could get whatever paycheck they want.

Nothing they do is going to get their version of Charmed back on the air as a reboot at this point. (The new version got renewed again.)

And it's sad after all these years THAT was seemingly the height of their career (McGowan and Combs.) Seems Milano and Doherty have done better, at least mentally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2020 9:05 PM

Rose would go to the opening of an envelope at this point and HollyMC is supposedly selling honey or purses in a MLM scheme.

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2020 9:29 PM

When I read the title, I assumed Ryan Murphy was doing a season of Feud featuring the Charmed drama of the 90’s

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2020 10:41 PM

[quote]It is pathetic to see them act

Pretty much covers everybody in the original AND the remake.

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2020 10:47 PM

WOW...

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2020 11:51 PM

Piper! Paige!

Don't make me summon Grams.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2020 12:19 AM

The poll is hard to answer because EARLY Original Charmed was good, but the show was a steaming pile of shit at the end. The reboot is...ok.

Ever since the reboot wass announced, Holly Marie Combs has been acting like her ex husband dragged her into court and called her an unfit mother. Your Charmed is not erased. You got paid. EVERYTHING is getting rebooted, so why should you be spared?

And they can't bring back the original anyway. All the actresses hate each other. Doherty and Combs don't speak and McGowan would try to kill Milano if they were in 100 feet of each other. She's...obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2020 12:31 AM

R6 what does it say when SHANNEN is the mature one of the group?

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2020 12:33 AM

So relevant.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2020 12:37 AM

[quote] Doherty and Combs don't speak

That is not true - they are close friends still to this day

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2020 12:39 AM

Armin Shimerman talks guest starring on Charmed at 8:10

He didn't have a blast...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2020 12:39 AM

It’s funny to see McGowan make those comments when she’s always trashed the show and pretended like she was above it.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2020 12:40 AM

The cast of the new Charmed raped me!

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2020 12:47 AM

R15 no they don't. They fell out around when Shannen got sick. Shannen wasn't even at Holly's wedding last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2020 1:02 AM

Rose responds in her typical ROSE fashion

'Dear Sarah Jeffery, I honestly have no idea who you were til you tweeted. I have been too busy fighting monsters & fighting for a massive Cultural Reset to notice who's in the reboot. Absolutely nothing to do with race, that's quite a stretch you took. I'm beyond glad any WOC has a well paying job. Hell yes to that. I'm sure you are a great actress.

'My quibble (google it) is about execs & producers & @wb network trading on years of my work & name in such a cynical and obvious way - a money grab to cash in on the Charmed name. I do not care that they remade it, I have far bigger things I'm dealing with. I do not nor will I watch a show I disagree with on principle.

'This is not my ego trashing the reboot, this is a criticism of creators (those are the ones who should be embarrassed) with little to no imagination making bank off of years of us busting our a** to create a legacy that you are actually profiting off of as well.'

'I care that the original fans weren't listened to. I care that Hollywood won't stop making remakes that don't need to be remade. It's a formula that's gone on for too long. Mediocrity rules there, not just sociopaths. There's no soul or heart in something made purely for profit whilst refusing to elevate and innovate. Reboots will always be the shadow, the originals will always be the sun. I wish you well.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2020 4:59 AM

I was making ART

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2020 5:00 AM

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2020 5:18 AM

They're all a bunch of cunts, except Shannen.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2020 5:20 AM

Oh please, like Rose or Holly wouldn't snap their legs from running to the studio fast enough if they asked them to be on the reboot.

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2020 6:02 AM

I thought doing the show made you sick, Rose...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2020 7:09 AM

[quote]It all started with Rose McGowan saying the reboot “sucks.”

She's mad as a cut snake but she's right about this.

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2020 7:42 AM

[quote] My quibble (google it) is about execs & producers & @wb network trading on years of my work & name in such a cynical and obvious way - a money grab to cash in on the Charmed name.

I may be the only one at DL who likes Rose and her early days of social justice activism, but she's laying it pretty thick with that comment. She doesn't own a stake in the Charmed franchise. She doesn't even own her own character. She was an employee getting paid to perform.

Holly Mary Combs at least had, at one point, a producer credit. At first I thought the drama was fabricated to get some fake controversy buzz for the reboot. But she really seems to take the reboot thing super personal for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2020 7:54 AM

Just like 90210, the original sucked after Shannen left, and the reboot is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2020 7:59 AM

R27 I appreciate what Rose tries/d to do but she makes everything about herself, acts like feminism is her way or no way and anyone who disagrees with her is wrong.

Holly Marie Combs really needs a xanax. Everything gets rebooted. You're not special. And the years she had a producer credit were awful.

Now, let's have Tobey, Andrew and Tom wrestle naked over who is the REAL Spiderman.

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2020 8:11 AM

I’m with R28 the show went downhill after Prue died.

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2020 8:19 AM

I always though Julian McMahon was hot

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2020 8:20 AM

R30 I think the first year with Rose was excellent and then it went off a cliff, never to resurface

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2020 8:22 AM

I thought we were the bitches on set?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2020 8:23 AM

I've not seen the reboot.

But it's beyond tacky for the original actors to criticise it like this, really reflects poorly on them. It's like if you were to criticise the person who took over your job role at a workplace after 10 years - just makes absolutely no sense, you just look like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2020 8:29 AM

Of course they're going to complain, they spent so many years on the OG show for it to be cancelled. This is personal to them. Although I don't know why Rose is talking, since she hated doing the show so much. Girl needs to get some help.

And why is this bitch from the new show even talking, let alone complaining? You're on a CW show, sweetie, no one is watching for you. If you're not Liz Gillies or Lilli Reinhart, who have established careers outside, your chances of progressing are slim. Just keep your mouth shut and collect the check while you still can.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2020 8:54 AM

The reboot isn't great. The first season was a waste of time because they got rid of every recurring character.

But the original was never emmy worthy either.

by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2020 10:39 AM

Milano said on Wendy that "Hurt people. Hurt. People" so she doesn't get into it with Rose--who Wendy called Roseanne, btw--and prays for her, which you just know KILLS McGowan. Doherty and Milano have always been professional and rarely directly attacked each other. Not sure if that translates to maturity or being in the business since they were fetuses.

I wish I was in the room during that Armin chat. The original got better once McGowan signed on

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2020 12:33 PM

Doherty and Milano are cool with each other now. Milano reached out to her when she went public with her cancer. I think they both mellowed out with age.

It is a weird dynamic. Milano and Doherty are cool. Milano and Combs are cool. Combs and McGowan are cool. McGowan hates Milano but really wants to work with Doherty.

And no, the show did not get better when McGowan joined.

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2020 1:41 PM

Is Combs actually cool with Milano? I thought she had made snarky comments in the past about her.

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2020 1:52 PM

R35 Neither Liz or Lili have established careers outside. lol. Liz Gillies got famous from a kids show, did Lifetime movies and a canceled FX series and now she’s in a crappy reboot. Lili got lucky with Hustlers but I’d hardly say she’s got an established career outside of Riverdale.

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2020 2:26 PM

Funny, Rose had no problem with reboots/remakes when she was supposed to be the lead in Robert Rodriguez's Red Sonja remake that never happened. Or the Conan remake she was in.

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2020 4:08 PM

R34 I actually hate the bitch who took my job because she ended up shacking up with the office douchebag who has an 8.5 dick.

R35 every show gets cancelled. And I think most Charmed fans would agree that the final season was...bad. What would've happened after?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2020 4:14 PM

R41 it's ok when she does it. It's bad when other people do it (Rose logic).

And I don't think Milano is Combs favorite person but they get along. They did Greys Anatomy last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2020 4:17 PM

Whatever became of the actresses that were in the "original" original Charmed pilot before it was completely recast with Doherty, Combs, and Milano?

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2020 6:12 PM

R44 only Milano was a recast. The other actress went the way of Original Fat Willow.

Combs is the only actress to be with Charmed from the very beginning to the end which is why IT BELONGS TO HER AND ONLY HER, NOT SOME REBOOT NEWBIES! -- Combs' Diary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2020 6:17 PM

It appears Lori Rom is married to another character actor who works sporadically. So her bank account is smaller but hopefully it was all worth not having to deal with 4 insane bitches.

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2020 6:23 PM

Shannen is the only smart one whose agent got her a % ownership of Charmed in her contract. So even after she left and now with the reboot she’ll be making money off it.

Good on her. She’s not the bitch the media tried to paint her as.

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2020 6:27 PM

[quote] They fell out around when Shannen got sick. Shannen wasn't even at Holly's wedding last year.

When asked about that Holly Marie Combs responds

"Let’s get one thing straight. I don’t use social media to send messages to people I’ve known for 30 years. You can. But I don’t."

Combs followed up her Twitter post, by sharing an adorable cat video, with the caption "This. Cuz Twitter is filled with idiots."

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2020 6:44 PM

Remember when Shannen seemed like the unstable one? Who knew she's actually the most down to earth of them all and got while the going was good.

Rose is trashing a show she's never seen which is so childish and shitty and, once again, making it all about herself. She can't possibly watch it because she's too busy fighting monsters? No, you're not, bitch. You're taking pictures and videos of your duck lipped ass while drunk and/or high every night. You're embarrassing yourself. It's people like her that give real social justice movements a bad name.

Rose has to be one of the most clear cut cases of narcissistic personality disorder I've ever seen. Maybe she was more covert about it when things were going her way in the 90's and early 2000s, but ever since her fall from grace, she's been much more grandiose about it.

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2020 7:13 PM

R48 they no longer keep in touch. She doesn't have the HATE a la McGowan for Combs, but they've lost touch. Cut to 16:10.

The Shannen chat starts at 11:10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2020 7:15 PM

Team Combs regarding the reboot.

by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2020 7:30 PM

R6 stop being a dumb bitch, Shannen owns 10% of it, including the reboot. Of Course, she is nice about it, no need to rock the boat of free money.

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2020 7:48 PM

"Our personal take on it? If each of them was cut a check to do a two-minute walk-on, none of this would be happening. The CW and show's creators "dared" to actually want to make a show that took place in a different universe. Boo. Hoo. Folks? Get over it. Also, McGowan and Holly Marie Combs Ryan took time out of their personal lives to record and post a video trashing the show. We're assuming all of the world's problems have been solved by now, because contrary to what McGowan writes? They clearly have more time on their hands than they're letting on. Lastly… how do you trash a series you've never watched?!? Saying a series you've never watched has "no soul or heart" and not expect the person associated with it to push back- especially a show that has so many WOC in lead roles- is not only the height of privilege at some of its worst but it also says a ton more about McGowan than it does about Jeffery or Charmed– and not much of it's good.

But hey, she made sure E! got the 411 so she got some media traction out of it…"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2020 8:02 PM

Has any poll ever needed the Vivian Vance option more than this?

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2020 8:12 PM

^ someone post that link to Rose’s Twitter!

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2020 8:20 PM

R55 I'm too afraid of the RoseArmy!

by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2020 8:40 PM

I always thought Combs was the stable one but she seems a bit of a crazy frau.

by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2020 9:28 PM

[Quote] Lili got lucky with Hustlers but I’d hardly say she’s got an established career outside of Riverdale.

I wonder how she'll do once Riverdale ends. Being a cunt will only get you so far.

by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2020 11:47 PM

Let me be perfectly blunt: McGowan, Combs, Alyssa Milano, and Shannen Doherty (who has been unproblematic regarding the sequel because she's living her life like a true adult) are not owed anything by the cast and crew of the sequel series. They did not create the concept of the show, nor did they create it themselves. They were actors and, at most, producers. Aside from the title and basic premise, these are not the same shows. Nobody needed to approach the original cast when they began developing the new series because their version of the show ended in 2006. Maybe they could have, if they hadn't completely shot it down from the beginning, but they didn't need to. The original series finale featured the sisters defeating the Big Bad and flashing forward to their future families, which is everything they wanted from the beginning of the series. The new series does not follow that finale. So what would McGowan, Combs, or Milano have to say about being Black or Latina witches in 2018? What new information about being feminists could they tell production, headed by women, that they already don't know? What did they have to contribute to the new series?!

That sense of entitlement is the exact problem with McGowan and Combs. It's not about unnecessary remakes and creating shows off other ideas for profit, because Charmed itself was created to jump off the popularity of films like Practical Magic and The Craft. They're just upset that their "hard work" is the jumping-off point for something newer that they have no part in. Things get remade to tell new stories all the time, and the new series is nothing like the old one. It's high time that people like McGowan, Combs, and all the "fans" praising their behavior got over that. You don't have to watch the new series if you don't want to or don't like it, but either way, you have no right to belittle the people who work on it, especially when they haven't done anything to provoke you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 16, 2020 4:15 AM

Shannen sides with the new girls!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 16, 2020 4:16 AM

Shannen is basically on her deathbed. I imagine the reboot drama is pretty trivial to her compared to putting her affairs in order.

by Anonymousreply 61October 16, 2020 8:40 AM

R59, Actually Shannen DOES own 10% of the new Charmed, so the new cast owed it to Shannen to do well. It also is in Shannen's interest to make sure the new cast keep the train going.

by Anonymousreply 62October 16, 2020 5:08 PM

I'd be flattered if something I was a part of was remade. That means it was a story that resonated with people the first time around. Look at Cinderella. How many versions of that have there been? It's because it's an interesting story about human triumph and each version, ideally, should show that in a different way.

by Anonymousreply 63October 16, 2020 7:15 PM

[Quote] That means it was a story that resonated with people the first time around.

Or that Hollywood has run out of ideas.

by Anonymousreply 64October 17, 2020 7:19 AM

r63 There is a difference between a genuine reboot and a lazy reboot. This is the ladder filled with SJW nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 65October 17, 2020 8:08 AM

More drama!!!

Shocker...Holly's mad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 1, 2021 9:55 PM

Girl, the show became "Hooters with Magic"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 1, 2021 10:03 PM

I didn't know there was a reboot of Charmed. And only on DL can Shannen Doherty be a saint. She's a republican cunt.

by Anonymousreply 68April 1, 2021 11:14 PM

Why does it not surprise me that Alyssa approved of Phoebe's ridiculous outfits.

by Anonymousreply 69April 2, 2021 1:43 PM

Do Holly Marie and Rose think that the original Charmed was some iconic piece of television that can't be remade? The reboot isn't great, but Combs is a Grade-A cunt, and McGowan is Grade-A crazy cunt.

by Anonymousreply 70April 2, 2021 2:54 PM

I didn't know Shannen had 10% of the new Charmed! I've loved that bitch since she side-eyed Melissa "Shit Bra" Gilbert on Little House.

Shannen will donate most of her estate to animals, but I hope she's got a little more time.

by Anonymousreply 71April 2, 2021 3:03 PM

It makes me happy this piece of crap reboot had the lowest ratings of any series on broadcast TV. The rebooting of classic shows and movies with PoC for the sole purpose of being able to check off diversity quotas needs to stop. Create new quality shows with richly diverse casts instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 2, 2021 4:00 PM

Holly Marie Cunt sounds insane. She's obviously worried her Charmed royalties may be affected. Her role on the show was completely different from Krista's. I don't like Krista but I totally see her point. Holly needs to shut the fuck up. What does having a baby have to do with writing a show? Shut the fuck up, ya cunt.

by Anonymousreply 73April 3, 2021 2:32 AM

I don't like Krista either. She fucked up Grey's.

by Anonymousreply 74April 3, 2021 4:42 AM

They're all going to Hell either way. Witchcraft is a sin. The difference is that WhoreLyssa MilanHO would be going there with or without this show.

Once again, I ask why the WB renewed her show but not mine. Gimme an R! Gimme an A! Gimme a C! Gimme an I! Gimme an S! Gimme an M! What's that spell? Racism!

by Anonymousreply 75April 3, 2021 4:45 AM

[quote] Her role on the show was completely different from Krista's. I don't like Krista but I totally see her point. Holly needs to shut the fuck up.

What's wrong with Holly and Alyssa telling their experience? How is it any different than Krista sharing hers? I saw a comment elsewhere about how Holly and Alyssa's statements seemingly invalidates Krista's. If Krista can "tell her truth", why not the women who were actors/producers on the show.

by Anonymousreply 76April 3, 2021 4:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!