Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do your dogs & cats sleep with you?

My two sweet doggies do.

by Anonymousreply 67October 17, 2020 8:18 PM

Only when it's cold.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2020 12:18 AM

My Boston and my Dachshund refuse to sleep anywhere else. They’re here in bed with me now and I like to pet them until they fall asleep and my Boston starts snoring. I find both of them comforting.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2020 12:21 AM

My fox terrier does every night. She boosts my immune system and saved me from COVID-19. I sleep sideways and she takes position under my ass.

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2020 12:25 AM

Our pets have their own beds and their beds are not located in our bed.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2020 12:27 AM

Under your ass?!

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2020 12:27 AM

R4 my dogs have their own beds too. They’d rather sleep with me!

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2020 12:28 AM

above the blanket, in the fold of my legs, under my ass, R5.

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2020 12:28 AM

Sometimes it's me, the husband, the yorkie-mutt, the black cat, and the orange tabby,

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2020 12:30 AM

My girl dog sleeps in bed with me, and snuggles all night. My boy dog is more that welcome to sleep on the bed, but is more comfortable in his dog bed. He does hop up when its cold.

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2020 12:32 AM

My cat jumps into bed with me, mostly to make sure I'm there, and then takes off for parts unknown.

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2020 12:35 AM

If you mean do they have sex with me, then yes. But they wear condoms.

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2020 12:37 AM

My dog is currently in front of me and the cat is behind. I cannot move my legs without one of them flying off the bed.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2020 12:38 AM

I have a dog and a cat. When I get into bed, my dog joins me for some cuddling. She waits until I fall asleep and then she retires under the bed for the rest of the night. The cat waits until the dog gets off the bed and then she sleeps usually right by my head. I have become allergic to her so I usually take a Benadryl at night.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2020 12:40 AM

My dog sleeps with me. She tends to hog the covers. Many a night I wake up freezing!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2020 12:46 AM

We have an older Shepherd now; I thought she was bed when she was young and occasionally would jump up in bed with us. Now she INSISTS on sleeping only with us, right in the middle, and GOD FORBID one of us should stir or try to roll over in the night or you will hear a loud guffaw like a pig's grunt. It's quite uncomfortable, but really we both indulge her because at 13, she's already lived well beyond her expected life-span and has been the most wonderful companion we could ever have asked for. I don't even want to think about what will happen when she's gone.

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2020 12:46 AM

R15 That is sweet. She feels safe and happy being between you and your partner. My pup is 11 and has hip dysplasia. I pretty much indulge her in every way possible.

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2020 12:51 AM

No.

My dogs are aware that they are animals and we're not playing "winter on the steppes and Mama so lonely for her big boy" Frau crap, and they sleep together. Our close, supportive, loving cross-species relationship does not include sleeping together.

by Anonymousreply 17October 14, 2020 12:55 AM

The boy dog insists on sleeping between us. The girl dog jumps up for a quick snuggle but sleeps in her own bed.

by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2020 12:55 AM

I have 6 week-old kittens right now, keeping them in my bedroom to separate them from my others (for now). At bedtime, they race around and fight for about a half hour, then climb up on the bed while I sleep. At the crack of dawn they begin sparring again, but this time against my back or between my legs.

They really needed mama but she disappeared. I'm sure it's comforting for them to lie next to a bigger creature and snooze.

by Anonymousreply 19October 14, 2020 12:58 AM

We rather sleep between mom chest and arm in mom bed when she sleep on her side, instead our cage. Mattress and comforter more comfortable than wood shaving and nest fabric.

by Anonymousreply 20October 14, 2020 1:01 AM

My sweet 9 yr old Boston Terrier - Sprite is lying on my bed with me now. His tummy sure is making all kinds of loud gurgling noises! 😆 He just ate his supper.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2020 7:50 PM

[quote] My fox terrier does every night. She boosts my immune system and saved me from COVID-19.

R3, how does she boost your immune system?

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2020 8:02 PM

Yes, Isabella only when it’s chilly out, and Veruschka will come over and cuddle regardless of the weather.

Isabella is way pickier. You almost have to beg her to climb into bed, which is really adorable because she actually has a full on conversation with me as I attempt to convince her to jump on the bed and cuddle.

Veruschka is actually overcoming what I believe is kitty anxiety. She’s easily spooked and very shy. Her litter that she was born a part of used to attack her and she was traumatized, I suppose? But she’s finally coming out of her shell and is starting to feel safe and independent. She is a very sweet girl and she’s responding to lots of positive interactions with myself and Isabella.

Pets are a lot like us and they really are similar to small children. I love going into their little world and interacting with them and listening to what they have to say. They’re truly a gift to us humans and I’m happy to be a pet parent, at the very least.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2020 8:12 PM

My bed is very old, my grandfather's bed, as a matter of fact. When my grandfather died, it became my father's. When he died. it became mine. It's huge and wide. which is a good thing, because it has to hold me, my partner and whatever cat or cats choose to grace us with their presence at night.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2020 8:14 PM

R24, your bed is. Rey old as in the frame, or the mattress or both? Also, what kind of bed is it. I love antiques, as well as Modern Mid-Century furniture, which is why I ask.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2020 8:18 PM

You must be joking, OP.

4 Wolfhounds on my bed? I don't think I'd make it through the night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2020 8:21 PM

My cat sleeps wherever the fuck she wants to. I defy you or anyone else to tell her otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2020 8:22 PM

R25 The mattress is new, the bed is about 100 years old, solid walnut with a high headboard. By today's standards, I think that it would a queen-size bed. The headboard is curved, with a carved design around the edges and at the highest point a carved medallion shape. The footboard is lower and curved and has two medium sized posts at each end. The posts are topped by little knobs which have been almost chewed off by many generations of cats.

There are three matching dressers. (It's a good thing that the room is large.) There's the tall one without a mirror, which used to be called a highboy if memory serves me. It has four drawers and a box-like section on top that opens up.

The large mirrored dresser has posts on it that match the bed posts. It has two small drawers side by side and two large drawers. At the top of the mirror there's a carved medallion that matches the bed.

Lastly, there's what was once called a vanity table. It has a mirror with one of those medallions at the top, and posts at the side like the other pieces. There are two small drawers at each side and a space in the middle where a chair or seat could be placed.

All these pieces stand off the floor on ornate legs.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2020 8:42 PM

R28, these pieces sound BEAUTIFUL.

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2020 8:48 PM

Take your godamned antique talk to another thread - Queen ass!

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2020 9:49 PM

I was discussing this with a friend yesterday.

I LOOOOVEEE dogs, but sleeping with pets is disgusting!

I honestly believe it's extremely selfish to have dogs sleeping with humans for the humans own childish needs.

Get a fucking teddy bear. Grow up. It's a sign of dependency and low self worth that you have to sleep next to a warm body.

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2020 10:02 PM

R31 eats children

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2020 10:04 PM

R32, well, at least it’s better than sleeping with them!

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2020 9:00 AM

Of course my dog sleeps with me. We are a pack and she’s the 9lb alpha.

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2020 9:32 AM

I try to look nice in bed but Miss Sissboodles gets into bed wearing her curlers and facial mask. And she won't even allow me to watch my shows!

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2020 9:44 AM

Our dogs sleep in the bedroom with us every night, but they’re not allowed on the bed.

One of my dogs is a German Shepherd, and I don’t know how one can possibly sleep in the same bed with a German Shedder without looking like a fur ball in the morning?

by Anonymousreply 36October 16, 2020 9:44 AM

how many of you keep a jar of peanut butter in the bed with you for the dogs?

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2020 2:14 PM

R28, have you considered a pine needle mattress?

My cat holds a very strict schedule. If I go to bed at her bed time, she tucks in with me, curling up in my left armpit. She wakes up before me and stands at the side of the bed screaming at me and sometimes slapping me when she’s decided I’ve slept long enough. Charming animal.

by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2020 2:17 PM

I.would never get a dog only to make him sleep alone. My dogs have always slept in my bed. If the dog I have now isnt in the bed with me he likes to sleep under the bed.

by Anonymousreply 39October 16, 2020 2:23 PM

R22 by exposing us to low levels of viruses and bacteria that she schlepps in from the Streets of New York. We do clean her paws after a walk.

by Anonymousreply 40October 16, 2020 2:29 PM

Two of my cats sleep with me. My oldest cat loves to cuddle. He also purrs a lot so it's very comforting.

by Anonymousreply 41October 16, 2020 2:50 PM

R41, indeed kitty cats purring through the night is a very comforting sound. It’s their way of expressing how happy they are when around you, and that they feel safe and secure.

My first dog (May he Rest In Peace) also slept with me and he was pretty big, but it never bothered me.

I’d love to get a puppy again, but I think it’s best I do so after I have my own place.

But yes, animals need to feel a sense of belonging with their humans. I believe that they get very stressed if they aren’t allowed to at least be in the same room with them at night.

by Anonymousreply 42October 16, 2020 3:58 PM

My cat starts off curled up near my chest, but always moves down the bed in the crook of my knees during the night.

by Anonymousreply 43October 16, 2020 4:29 PM

My cat either sleeps with me or with my brother. She has a little box from Costco that she sleeps in. In the middle of the night, she'll come to cuddle with you.

by Anonymousreply 44October 16, 2020 4:38 PM

Years ago, my black cat Tom used to sleep with me. I'd sleep on my left side and he'd curl up beneath my chin. Sometimes this arrangement was not terribly comfortable for me, but anything for the cat, right? Tom was getting up in years, and his younger half sibling, Whiskers, who doted on him, would make frequent visits to check up on him and make sure he was still breathing. He'd examine Tom carefully and then go off about his business until next time.

by Anonymousreply 45October 16, 2020 4:55 PM

Since my partner died I can't sleep alone. I have 3 large dogs. I can fit in bed with them all, but I can't sleep like that.

Our nightly routine is that we all lay on top of the bed and I watch TV for about an hour before I go to sleep. At that point two of them get evicted, and the one who is staying moves to the bottom corner.

The two who leave have each other for company so I don't feel guilty about this.

by Anonymousreply 46October 16, 2020 5:31 PM

I’ve had to exile my cat. I got an automated feeder for her overnight meals, but she still wakes me up to get fed early.

by Anonymousreply 47October 16, 2020 5:35 PM

Do you rotate your songs R64?

by Anonymousreply 48October 16, 2020 5:42 PM

^dogs

by Anonymousreply 49October 16, 2020 5:43 PM

My big cat stays on the bed most of the night--the small one just comes by while I'm going to sleep,a nd then jumps off again before I'm fully asleep but Have stopped petting him.

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2020 5:45 PM

[quote] Tom was getting up in years, and his younger half sibling, Whiskers, who doted on him,

Your names for your cats are so unimaginative that they're hilarious.

It's like having dogs named Rover and Fido.

by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2020 5:46 PM

All 3 of my cats sleep with me. Usually they'll start out elsewhere but they know when I turn off the bedroom TV that's their cue to come to bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2020 5:48 PM

Our 3 small dogs sleep with us. Under the sheets & blanket. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

by Anonymousreply 53October 16, 2020 5:52 PM

I just adopted a 7 month old kitten from our local shelter.. He likes to go under the covers and sleep by my feet. He doesn't move until the sun comes up and wants his breakfast. My ex used to snore like a machine and fart all night long...the kitten is a joy

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2020 6:08 PM

my elegant little panther

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 16, 2020 6:19 PM

She is beautiful R55.

by Anonymousreply 56October 16, 2020 6:22 PM

R55 Your cat is gorgeous. Thanks for posting that picture.

by Anonymousreply 57October 16, 2020 6:23 PM

thank you r56 and r57. Murphy has brought me so much joy. More than humans have

I love everyones pet stories and WW all of them

by Anonymousreply 58October 16, 2020 6:26 PM

Gorgeous kitty R55.

by Anonymousreply 59October 16, 2020 6:29 PM

I sleep on the side, and our Yorkie usually sleeps back to back with me and warms my shoulders and neck.

We have this cute routine whenever I want to turn around to the other side: As soon as he senses that I'm about to move, he patiently gets up (still half-asleep), waits for me to finish turning around, walks to my other side, and--with a loud sigh--lets himself fall against my back again.

by Anonymousreply 60October 16, 2020 6:50 PM

^^^^^ This is our little imp by the way. ^^^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 16, 2020 7:35 PM

my cat when I brought him home from the shelter, he circled the bed the first night and the second night he climbed into the bed. He sleeps next to me everynight! I couldn't be happier!

by Anonymousreply 62October 16, 2020 7:42 PM

R48 said: "Do you rotate your songs [R64]?"

If you mean, do I rotate my dogs, not exactly. One is the soundest sleeper who lets me get the best sleep. When I say, "Okay, dogs off the bed" one or two tend to jump without any trouble. I don't call the sound sleeper back if she's chooses to leave. But if I have to evict someone, it's the one who wakes me by poking at me with her paws when she dreams.

I love them all, but I really need to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 63October 16, 2020 7:54 PM

How can you queens stand that purring all night?

by Anonymousreply 64October 16, 2020 7:54 PM

They don’t purr all night. Eventually they fall asleep.

by Anonymousreply 65October 16, 2020 8:09 PM

My fucking body is full of pain. My doggies are soothing to me. My bed is their bed.

by Anonymousreply 66October 16, 2020 9:14 PM

[quote] My cat either sleeps with me or with my brother.

R44. What does your brother look like?

by Anonymousreply 67October 17, 2020 8:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!