Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Handmaid Covid Barrett Senate Judiciary Committee Hearings 2

The other thread hit 400 and got laggy and annoying.

Let us continue our minute by minute coverage of our own Handmaid's Tale here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300October 19, 2020 6:51 PM

Amy Klobuchar is a goddess among women.

And nobody's fucking handmaid.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2020 6:23 PM

Somebody's gotta shank this bitch

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2020 6:24 PM

Fuck you, OP

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2020 6:29 PM

Back atcha, R3!

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2020 6:30 PM

As far as the dems preparing for this, I'm sure they prayed - as we all did - that RBG made it to 2012, but alas, she did not.

The dems have a fine line to walk; laying into a tool & an arrogant, belligerent drunk like Kavanaugh is one thing, but being perceived as attacking an attractive young woman with a large family could be a big turn off to those suburban women everyone loves so darn much. Plus, I'm sure the specter of how Biden botched the Anita Hill hearings is in the back of their minds as well. Her faith is scary - no doubt about that - but I think the dems are playing the weak hand they have by pointing out her lack of experience & clear ideological motives.

To a certain degree, they may also feel that this is a done deal, but they can't afford to turn off female voters or moderate Catholics that they need in their corner.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2020 6:30 PM

It's far from a "done deal" with Covid stalking the hearings and the corridors of the Senate.

It's in the air and any number of Senators can go down with it at any time.

Handmaid Covid Barrett is never going to sit on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2020 6:32 PM

Naah, it's ok r3.

I'm the OP of the other thread and I asked everybody to come over here, too.

I'm a long-time DLer so I had my years to enjoy starting a busy thread. Now, it's old hat and I'm for going where the new action is even if it's not hosted by me.

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2020 6:37 PM

Did Amy’s Daddy fuck her? Trying to understand that baby voice and that would explain it.

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2020 6:37 PM

This cunt refused to answer practically all of Klobuchar's questions, but is pontificating on and on to Sasse. Fucking bitch should get a room with him.

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2020 6:39 PM

Sasse comes off as the amiable captain of the football team.

Gosh golly, why are people having different opinions? That's just confusing! Everybody should think just like my privileged mind does!

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2020 6:40 PM

Thanks, R7, I too am an old Datalounger and I've started more than enough busy threads.

I just couldn't see myself lagging around for another 200 posts in that thread. I didn't mean anything personal against you by it.

I'm not sure who the "MY THREAD" people are, it's fairly recent (in years). I think they come from much different websites with much different proprietary/territorial vibes to them.

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2020 6:40 PM

Future VP Harris will be after the supper break.

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2020 6:43 PM

It's not the ownership of threads, it's having to follow conversations about the same thing split between two threads. It's annoying.

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2020 6:44 PM

88 of Amy Coney Barrett’s faculty colleagues at Notre Dame have released a letter saying she should withdraw from consideration for the Supreme Court.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2020 6:44 PM

[quote]Trying to understand that baby voice and that would explain it.

Helium.

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2020 6:44 PM

Leave the laggy, slow, too-long thread.

It's not rocket science, for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2020 6:45 PM

I'll belabor it cuz I wrote this on the other thread, too- Ben Sasse is more evil than Cruz. But, unlike Cruz, he cloaks it behind this phoney baloney "aw shucks" manner.

Speaking of Cruz, it's true he's deeply disliked, even more by his fellow Repugs.

A blabby airport limo driver told me that when he was driving me to the airport to catch a flight home from Washington DC.

I asked him if he provides rides to members of Congress. "All the time", he said. "Just the other day I took Senators Cruz and ( he named two other Senators, can't remember who they were) to the airport."

I asked him if they were nice to him and he said, "Oh, yes. They always recognize me from the times I've taken them before. The thing about Cruz though is that he never can just make small talk. He always talks to you like he's making a court room speech."

That gave me all the insight I needed as to why everybody dislikes him.

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2020 6:47 PM

Amy Klobuchar's brilliant takedown, she's always such a killer in these hearings - for anyone who is late to our Handmaid's Tale today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2020 6:50 PM

Amy might want to send her children home to bed prior to Senator Harris's opening a case of canned whip-ass tonight.

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2020 6:56 PM

Handmaids shouldn't try to take important jobs that properly belong to their male lords and masters!

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2020 6:58 PM

Orange It cannot protect Amy from the ire of Chief Justice Roberts; the latter may forgive, but never forget.

How are we spelling the word Felicia?

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2020 7:03 PM

Sasse is evil, without a doubt, but I would still like to see him in a jockstrap.

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2020 7:09 PM

What ever happened to Sandra Goode?

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2020 7:09 PM

She is not even on the court yet and is already copping a huge attitude. "I know I am going to be approved, so fuck your questions." I hate her already.

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2020 7:11 PM

I called Sasse's office about a bill once (not a constituent, did it anyway) in talking to his staffer, I mentioned that everyone hates Trump and the guy cracked up laughing. Couldn't deny it, just laughed.

They all fucking hate Covita - they hate him.

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2020 7:12 PM

Barrett: Being called racial slurs at your job doesn't constitute a hostile workplace

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2020 7:12 PM

It’s Not Anti-Catholic to Ask Amy Coney Barrett About Her Religious Group “People of Praise” Before the TV show appeared, women leaders were referred to as “handmaids.”

She’s a member of People of Praise, a charismatic covenant community in South Bend, Indiana, that has been criticized by former members for being a religious cult. Though most of its members are Catholic, its practices, including speaking in tongues and faith healing, draw more from fundamentalist and evangelical Christianity than the Vatican. One of its most notable features is the submissive role played by women, some of whom were called “handmaids”—at least until the Handmaid’s Tale aired in 2017, At that point, the group started referring to them as “women leaders.”

Barrett has written and spoken publicly about being a devout Catholic lawyer, even saying that during her confirmation hearing that she would not enter an order of execution if she were a federal trial judge because it would conflict with Catholic Church teaching. In 2006, she gave a commencement speech at Notre Dame law school in which she told the grads, “Always keep in mind that your legal career is but a means to an end, and…that end is building the kingdom of God.” But Barrett has not publicly addressed her involvement with People of Praise. “Always keep in mind that your legal career is but a means to an end, and … that end is building the kingdom of God.”

That hasn’t kept reporters from writing about it. Recent news stories about Barrett’s unorthodox religious community have prompted Republican supporters to go on the offensive. “These ugly smears against Judge Barrett are a combination of anti-Catholic bigotry and QAnon-level stupidity,” Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) complained on Tuesday, suggesting that Democrats were spreading their bias through the media. “People of Praise is basically a Bible study—and just like billions of Christians around the world, Judge Barrett reads the Bible, prays, and tries to serve her community. Senators should condemn this wacky McCarthyism.”

But according to accounts of former members, People of Praise involves much more than studying the Bible. Indeed, some are deeply troubled by the possibility of one of the group winning a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court. Two years ago, when Barrett’s name was floated as a potential candidate to replace retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy, a post appeared in a Facebook group of ex-members of charismatic Christian communities. “I don’t want a current member of this cult to be sitting on the Supreme Court,” the onetime People of Praise member wrote. “And it was not very many years ago that I admired them very much and was almost seduced into thinking they had something spiritually real and rich going for them.” More recently, another ex-member wrote, “I think we better start now fighting her nomination. I can’t quite imagine People of Praise on the Supreme Court.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2020 7:18 PM

The Economist: Barrett is the most unpopular SC nominee in recent history

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2020 7:21 PM

Hawley is quite keen to eat her originalist pussy.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2020 7:21 PM

But the whiny cunt has been complaining all week about how “excruciating” the confirmation process is.

I wonder how her husband feels about Amy working with Brett the Rapist.

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2020 7:21 PM

[quote]being perceived as attacking an attractive young woman with a large family could be a big turn off to those suburban women everyone loves so darn much

Everyone knows she wants to repeal Roe vs Wade. Even suburban white women aren't all that keen on that idea.

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2020 7:21 PM

I'll say this: Lady G is a cunt & never pretends to be otherwise, but Sasse pretends to be above it all, while always carrying the water for Dump.

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2020 7:27 PM

R18 I hardly think that AK eviscerated her in that clip. Unfortunately, I think Amy Cunty got the better of the senator there.

by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2020 7:27 PM

R26: or, in the case of Amy's adopted Black children, a hostile home environment.

by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2020 7:27 PM

R27 "speaking in tongues". Great, another fucking nut.

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2020 7:29 PM

Sorry but anyone so beholden to belief in biblical fairytales shouldn't have the right to judge me using those idiotic beliefs. Religion is fucked up. People are fucked up. Religious people are the most fucked up of all. This goddamn bitch speaks in tongues for fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2020 7:29 PM

Amy Covid Barrett is a huge cunt.

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2020 7:37 PM

What's that thing above her eyebrow? Can she get it removed, or does her religion prohibit cosmetic procedures?

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2020 7:48 PM

If her Master allows it, a Handmaid may have plastic surgery.

Boob jobs are especially pleasing to God.

by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2020 7:51 PM

Blumenthal has got her number, she's a sneaky one.

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2020 8:09 PM

Blumenthal, like Klobuchar and Harris, was a very good prosecutor before he became a politician.

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2020 8:20 PM

Thank you, Mazie Hirono!!!!!!!!! (for calling out the handmaid for using the term "sexual preference" earlier today)

by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2020 9:06 PM

Masie Hirono finally calling the bitch out for using the offensive term “sexual preference”.

“You did not use that term as an accident.”

by Anonymousreply 43October 13, 2020 9:06 PM

But can she make a hot dish?

by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2020 9:35 PM

Mazie Hirono is a total badass.

Corey Booker is doing well, she seems to be missing the empathy gene, just like Covita.

by Anonymousreply 45October 13, 2020 9:38 PM

[quote]Omg! Is this the same fly! Smiling face with open mouthRolling on the floor laughingFace with tears of joyWinking face - Teri Sims

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 13, 2020 9:40 PM

She admits that racial bias in the Justice system exists.

Covita may have to pull her nomination.

Now we're on to her disgusting "calling a Black person the "N" word doesn't constitute a racially hostile work environment" opinion.

Dump the Handmaid.

by Anonymousreply 47October 13, 2020 9:45 PM

Did anyone ever call her out for using the phrase "sexual preference" as opposed to "sexual orientation"?

by Anonymousreply 48October 13, 2020 9:46 PM

BROWN V BOARD makes her squirm and look down.

It's a weakness. Take the cunt down.

by Anonymousreply 49October 13, 2020 9:47 PM

She's lying again.

by Anonymousreply 50October 13, 2020 9:50 PM

See r42 and r43, r48.

by Anonymousreply 51October 13, 2020 9:52 PM

Corey just called her out on it again, and she's dodging it again.

by Anonymousreply 52October 13, 2020 9:54 PM

She refused to say presidents should respect peaceful transition of power. That should have ended the hearings right then and there. We are in for dark times. America may not even be a country much longer.

by Anonymousreply 53October 13, 2020 9:56 PM

[quote] Barrett is the most unpopular SC nominee in recent history

Ha! Suck it, snatch!

by Anonymousreply 54October 13, 2020 9:56 PM

She’ll definitely cheapen the Supreme Court when she takes her seat. She’s entirely unqualified and lightweight.

by Anonymousreply 55October 13, 2020 9:56 PM

It's Senator Crappo, bringing an endorsement for this Handmaid from where? The Weirdo Gun Nut Gang?

by Anonymousreply 56October 13, 2020 9:57 PM

[quote]Barrett is the most unpopular SC nominee in recent history

That’s quite an achievement.

by Anonymousreply 57October 13, 2020 9:59 PM

During Jonie Ernst's questioning, Wolf had the Speaker on. He tried to pick a fight with her and she destroyed him, so that was fun.

I wonder who'll they'll have on during Crappo.

Ah - Covid on the rise in most of the states - becoming very dangerous.

lilly suspends their vaccine trial too.

by Anonymousreply 58October 13, 2020 10:00 PM

I can't FUCKING BELIEVE this religious zealot with the crazy eyes is taking RBG's set.

It's unimaginable.

by Anonymousreply 59October 13, 2020 10:01 PM

Yes, Mazie Hirono did, and supposedly she apologized (I didn't see it). It makes no difference - if she gets in, I can guarantee she goes back to using "sexual preference" in Supreme Court opinions.

by Anonymousreply 60October 13, 2020 10:01 PM

Under his eye.

by Anonymousreply 61October 13, 2020 10:02 PM

Blessed be the fruit.

by Anonymousreply 62October 13, 2020 10:05 PM

If she gets through the committee she won't get through the Senate vote.

No Handmaids on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 63October 13, 2020 10:05 PM

Donald Trump, will you please shit in my mouth?!

by Anonymousreply 64October 13, 2020 10:05 PM

[quote]If she gets through the committee she won't get through the Senate vote.

Yes, she will. Every Republican Senator will vote to confirm her, except perhaps Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski.

by Anonymousreply 65October 13, 2020 10:07 PM

Oh good, MSNBC finally cut to Ari Melber.

by Anonymousreply 66October 13, 2020 10:09 PM

I had hoped some of the Republican senators would be showing covid-19 symptoms by now.

by Anonymousreply 67October 13, 2020 10:11 PM

[bold]SHADE![/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68October 13, 2020 10:11 PM

[bold]READING![/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 13, 2020 10:12 PM

We're only seeing a handful of GOP senators and even in this small number, several look really ill.

Patience.

by Anonymousreply 70October 13, 2020 10:14 PM

McConnell would allow senators to vote from their deathbeads even if they were in a coma. This bitch is getting confirmed. Expanding the court is the only option going forward.

by Anonymousreply 71October 13, 2020 10:16 PM

There’s always the possibility that Trump could go into a manic rage and withdraw her nomination during a late-night Twitter rampage.

by Anonymousreply 72October 13, 2020 10:19 PM

Nah. McConnell can't work miracles.

She'll never take that seat.

by Anonymousreply 73October 13, 2020 10:21 PM

Glib, but not a bad read....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 13, 2020 10:39 PM

VP HARRIS IS UP RIGHT AFTER THE SUPPER BREAK

by Anonymousreply 75October 13, 2020 10:45 PM

She is NOT WORTHY of the title handmaiden. I move for a vote of no confidence!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 13, 2020 10:49 PM

Handmaid Barrett and Lady G have been seated.

by Anonymousreply 77October 13, 2020 10:52 PM

YASSS Kamala enters with a diss to the entire hearing even taking place in first place! It would be badass if she doesn't even ask the handmaid any questions and just speaks to the people.

by Anonymousreply 78October 13, 2020 10:56 PM

Senator Harris takes five minutes to remind citizens that the Senate republicans are neglecting the needs of the people.

Good campaign and Senate moves.

by Anonymousreply 79October 13, 2020 10:57 PM

They're announcing the NO CHARGES result of the Dunham/Barr investigation right now.

I guess they know everyone is watching VP Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 80October 13, 2020 10:59 PM

I love Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 81October 13, 2020 11:01 PM

She is ignoring Handmaid Covid Barrett completely, Kamala is the best!

by Anonymousreply 82October 13, 2020 11:03 PM

Talk about being on the hot seat: Amy must be sweating bullets. Here we go ...

by Anonymousreply 83October 13, 2020 11:04 PM

Why don't the Democrats hammer home that Republicans HAVE NO HEALTH CARE PLAN.

by Anonymousreply 84October 13, 2020 11:07 PM

Sharp as a tack, that Kamala.

She knows Barrett is full of shit, but she is not having it.

by Anonymousreply 85October 13, 2020 11:08 PM

The Handmaid can't answer a question and seems to have a very damaged memory.

Why would anyone on the committee trust in her integrity? She's a fucking HANDMAID who does whatever her male Masters tell her to do.

by Anonymousreply 86October 13, 2020 11:09 PM

People come late to loving Kamala on Datalounge and elsewhere. But especially here. She's not the smartest - but she is the hardest working and most dedicated person in the room. The most attractive overall candidate. Except that she's a mixed race woman? Fucking backward as hell. She's much smarter than Biden, goes without saying. The Democratic field was spectacular in 2020. Kamala, Amy, Liz, Bernie, Pete, Yang and Joe were all worthy of not being treated so hatefully by competing factions. Datalounge was crazy full of hate for Amy and Kamala. Either one of them would get us out of this mess, and protect everyone vulnerable in the process. Spectacular qualified candidates. For PRESIDENT.

by Anonymousreply 87October 13, 2020 11:11 PM

I have a basic question. I can understand why the bible thumpers use their logic to be anti-choice and anti-gay. But why are they anti-ACA?

by Anonymousreply 88October 13, 2020 11:12 PM

Because it was Obama’s greatest piece of legislation.

by Anonymousreply 89October 13, 2020 11:14 PM

Because it was a black man’s initiative R88, and they can’t stand it.

by Anonymousreply 90October 13, 2020 11:15 PM

Because it's about PEOPLE, not corporations or money, r88.

by Anonymousreply 91October 13, 2020 11:15 PM

Because it's part of the Black President's legacy.

And they were indoctrinated that it was socialism before it was law.

by Anonymousreply 92October 13, 2020 11:16 PM

Because it gives government a role in healthcare. (Never mind Medicare, Medicaid, the Veterans Hospitals, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 93October 13, 2020 11:17 PM

Kamala needs to pick up the pace. This isn't a deposition, Kam - come on.

by Anonymousreply 94October 13, 2020 11:18 PM

It seems weird as fuck that a bible thumper wants to make health care inaccessible to the poor. Seems like the exact opposite of what Jesus would do.

by Anonymousreply 95October 13, 2020 11:19 PM

Barrett is showing contempt.

by Anonymousreply 96October 13, 2020 11:19 PM

THE ESSENTIAL RIGHTS OF WOMEN.

Ooooh, the Handmaid doesn't like this line of discussion.

by Anonymousreply 97October 13, 2020 11:21 PM

Dry swallowing, Barrett is afraid.

by Anonymousreply 98October 13, 2020 11:22 PM

Barrett is exactly the kind of mealy mouthed, simpering little southern belle who sets my teeth on edge. The moment a question is a little tough, she starts in with that plaintive; lisping whine and I just want to punch her.

by Anonymousreply 99October 13, 2020 11:22 PM

GET HER, KAMALA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 13, 2020 11:24 PM

I wonder if Barrett gives "dead fish" handshakes.

by Anonymousreply 101October 13, 2020 11:24 PM

Kamala hit her hard. Thank god we don't have to listen to that pig-fucker Kennedy-no-relation.

by Anonymousreply 102October 13, 2020 11:25 PM

Now along comes Mr. Haney to wipe away Miss Amy-Ann's tears, the tears caused by "that uppity ... whutevah she is."

by Anonymousreply 103October 13, 2020 11:27 PM

I am almost exactly Barrett’s age. I went to a better law school than she did, but she no doubt got better grades than I did. I also did a stint in DC. I have tried cases, however, and also run a law firm for 14 years.

It blows my mind that someone not much more accomplished than I am is a judge, much less a SC nominee.

by Anonymousreply 104October 13, 2020 11:31 PM

Can she do something with that fucking hair?

Did she get a witch's wig at Party City and iron it down?

by Anonymousreply 105October 13, 2020 11:37 PM

Only tuned in today for about 30 minutes (I did catch a few minutes of Harris), as I'm babysitting the nephew. I'll keep my political opinions to myself, but Barrett is certainly smarter than Kavanaugh and WAY more prepared lol.

I'll also add that if Kristin Bell isn't available to play Barrett this weekend, I hope they can get Amy Adams! Barrett is very meh compared to Kavanaugh, but I'm sure SNL can find something funny about this.

Anywho, even that little while of watching made me feel sick to my stomach after skipping all news for a couple months now. Now I'm off to login on Growlr to see if I can get a few Woofs to bring my spirits back up.

by Anonymousreply 106October 13, 2020 11:38 PM

R104, who we have for a president didn’t give you pause?

by Anonymousreply 107October 13, 2020 11:40 PM

I’m triggered by her hair. It looks greasy and dry as straw at the same time.

She looks malnourished and unhealthy too.

by Anonymousreply 108October 13, 2020 11:41 PM

She must have received a special dispensation to wear eyeliner and lip gloss in God's service, during these hearings. She obviously has been prohibited from using moisturizer, shampoo and hand cream for many years.

I feel bad for Amy. But I don't want her to put me in a camp or prison or make me pick cotton. My husband is mad that I never legally married him already. Now he's gonna be really pissed when they take the right away, again. He aborts sperm daily.

by Anonymousreply 109October 13, 2020 11:41 PM

I keep hearing about what a towering intellect she is and her brilliant legal mind, etc. I’m not getting that from listening to her.

by Anonymousreply 110October 13, 2020 11:45 PM

She doesn’t need any notes because she memorized the script the federalist society gave to her. The fact this woman is replacing RBG is an American tragedy

by Anonymousreply 111October 13, 2020 11:46 PM

She talks like a paper pusher, not a deep legal thinker.

by Anonymousreply 112October 13, 2020 11:47 PM

She seems to have a mediocre intellect — she has that in common with Kavanaugh.

by Anonymousreply 113October 13, 2020 11:48 PM

“Concerned Wonen of America” backs the Handmaid.

by Anonymousreply 114October 13, 2020 11:55 PM

R104 what you are lacking is strict conservative leanings and and endorsement from the Federalist Society.

by Anonymousreply 115October 13, 2020 11:55 PM

“Women” ^^

by Anonymousreply 116October 13, 2020 11:56 PM

I have a feeling that Ruth Bader Ginsburg would have hated Amy but that she would have had too much class to show it, if they had sat on the court together. Amy would have hated Ruth and showed it passive aggressively, especially if there was a conservative majority.

by Anonymousreply 117October 13, 2020 11:59 PM

It's the threads, r104, you don't have the right outfit.

Try one of these:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118October 14, 2020 12:01 AM

What kind of fucking rotten to the core, morally bankrupt asshole do you have to be to take away healthcare from people?

During the middle of a pandemic!

by Anonymousreply 119October 14, 2020 12:04 AM

It's easy to be an "originalist" reader of the Constitution - you have to have a very dull, literal mind that can't handle nuance. Therefore, it's ideal for ambitious people who aren't particularly bright.

by Anonymousreply 120October 14, 2020 12:11 AM

[quote] What kind of fucking rotten to the core, morally bankrupt asshole do you have to be to take away healthcare from people?

Answer: a Republican

by Anonymousreply 121October 14, 2020 12:12 AM

Damn she was wearing dangly earrings with her mask. A friend of mine the other day ripped her earring straight out of her ear when she took her mask off.

by Anonymousreply 122October 14, 2020 12:17 AM

[quote] Amy would have hated Ruth and showed it passive aggressively,

She definitely rolled her eyes at Kamala at one point so I could see that happening.

by Anonymousreply 123October 14, 2020 12:27 AM

[quote] I am almost exactly Barrett’s age. I went to a better law school than she did, but she no doubt got better grades than I did. I also did a stint in DC. I have tried cases, however, and also run a law firm for 14 years. It blows my mind that someone not much more accomplished than I am is a judge, much less a SC nominee.

This is interesting to me. I'm a number of years younger than Barrett and several of my attorney friends who are my same age are enthralled by her "brilliant legal mind," as they call it. In fact, we were having drinks after work last night and I got sick of listening to them. Now, my friends are on the opposite side of the political spectrum from ACB but they all claimed to appreciate her mind. I'm not an attorney but to me she sounds quite simple. My partner is a US Marshall who has to testify in court all the time so he's used to being around judges and he feels the same way--that's she's nothing out of the ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 124October 14, 2020 12:28 AM

This candidate has less than 3 years on the bench, that FACT is reason enough to dismiss her nomination. The fact she accepted the nomination with so little experience and won't recuse herself tells you she's the worst. She has a brood of children and attended a superspreader event maskless with her kids, poor judgment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 14, 2020 12:29 AM

This candidate has less than 3 years on the bench, that FACT is reason enough to dismiss her nomination. The fact she accepted the nomination with so little experience and won't recuse herself tells you she's the worst. She has a brood of children and attended a superspreader event maskless with her kids, poor judgment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 14, 2020 12:29 AM

She’s a cunt. Nuf said.

by Anonymousreply 127October 14, 2020 12:29 AM

Pack the motherfucking court. Transforming the United States into a theocracy has been the goal of religious extremists for many years now, with the highest offices in the land being their main target. Anyone who thinks this is some sort of tinfoil hat conspiracy should watch this documentary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128October 14, 2020 12:31 AM

resembles that other lowlife amanda knox

by Anonymousreply 129October 14, 2020 12:32 AM

She can retain large amounts of information, I'll give her that. Does that make her brilliant?

I too can retain large amounts of information, but it's only shit like knowing that zebras are in fact black with white stripes.

by Anonymousreply 130October 14, 2020 12:33 AM

[quote]Datalounge was crazy full of hate for Amy and Kamala. Either one of them would get us out of this mess, and protect everyone vulnerable in the process. Spectacular qualified candidates. For PRESIDENT.

Amy needs to be made Senate Majority Leader. Schumer sucks ass.

by Anonymousreply 131October 14, 2020 12:33 AM

[quote]This candidate has less than 3 years on the bench, that FACT is reason enough to dismiss her nomination.

That’s not going to happen. There are people on this board pushing for Biden to nominate AOC, a bartender by trade, to the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 132October 14, 2020 12:35 AM

[quote]She doesn’t need any notes because she memorized the script the federalist society gave to her

Well, that script ain't hard:. The Amy Answer Generator is very simple, it's either "I can't" , "I don't recall" or outright lying.

"I can't comment on something that could come before the court".

"I can't say what actual statues or the Constitution say about voting."

"I can't keep track of every anti-Roe letter I signed."

"I don't make policy decisions when I rule on policy decisions."

"I didn't say that thing about Judge Garland and Scalia's seat that you have me on video saying."

by Anonymousreply 133October 14, 2020 12:35 AM

has the ability to discard information when it is convenient

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 14, 2020 12:37 AM

[quote]Because it gives government a role in healthcare. (Never mind Medicare, Medicaid, the Veterans Hospitals, etc.)

Yes. Republicans want the government COMPLETELY kept out of healthcare. Except of course for that ultrasound probe they want the government to shove up every woman between age 12 and 50‘s vagina.

by Anonymousreply 135October 14, 2020 12:39 AM

She pretty much freely admits that courts should be theocratic. THAT alone should disqualify her. “God” should never guide a ruling when not everyone follows the same one.

by Anonymousreply 136October 14, 2020 12:40 AM

I recommend everyone who missed it to watch Sen. Whitehouse at today's hearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137October 14, 2020 12:41 AM

That truly was powerful, 137. I was enthralled by Senator Whitehouse's presentation.

by Anonymousreply 138October 14, 2020 12:44 AM

This bitch belongs in the Gulag, not on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 139October 14, 2020 12:47 AM

R137 I agree that, although it wasn't new info, Whitehouse documenting the long-term campaign by a few super-wealthy oligarchs to, essentially, take over the country,,, and now seal the deal with control of the Senate, the doorkeeper, for the next 40 years... Whitehouse did a masterful job.

And the conclusion is.... now... that's it's imperative that that Trump loses, the Senate is captured, the filibuster is killed, and at least two more seats are added to the Court. What was once an extremely radical idea, is now simply logical, and imperative if you care about the democracy and human rights.

And then make DC and PR states, and then get rid of the Electoral College... in order to preserve the achievements. Republicans/MAGA broke the democracy and showed us that all that matters now is power. Ok, so be it.

by Anonymousreply 140October 14, 2020 12:49 AM

^^ control of the Court

by Anonymousreply 141October 14, 2020 12:50 AM

If Biden wins, and Dems take the Senate...they better start passing bills on Day One and getting this shit done. It’s going to take years to reverse Dump’s damage and there’s no time to waste.

by Anonymousreply 142October 14, 2020 12:53 AM

I love Sheldon Whitehouse, R137, so thanks for posting that video. It was fantastic!

My partner laughs at me because I think Sen. Whitehouse is sexy!

by Anonymousreply 143October 14, 2020 12:57 AM

We need to start writing a bunch of new amendments to the constitution to give the Democrats absolute power and make hate speech a capital crime.

by Anonymousreply 144October 14, 2020 12:59 AM

[quote]give Democracy absolute protection

FIFY

by Anonymousreply 145October 14, 2020 1:04 AM

R125 The Notre Dame letter is being dismissed as "Vague" because it doesn't specify that any of those 88 were from the law school. They're saying it could have been any kind of professor from the school.

by Anonymousreply 146October 14, 2020 1:04 AM

BUT here is the deal WITH ALL OF THIS SHIT!!!!!! ALL Repigs don't give a fuck about what non-Repigs have to say about ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it through your heads, people! How long will it take for Dems to fight back evil with evil????? Repigs want to kill all of us and we are like "sure go ahead!"

Punch and delete all Repigs in your life! If you won't then stop fucking bitching about what Repigs are doing! You're just as guilty, cunts!

by Anonymousreply 147October 14, 2020 1:04 AM

Liz's take

[quote]This absurd hearing is happening today because Amy Coney Barrett is the last hope for a desperate, undemocratically overrepresented party trying to cling to power just a little longer, & impose the agenda of billionaires, giant corporations, & far-right extremists on our country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148October 14, 2020 1:05 AM

[quote]AND she just so happened to write an article (not required) stating that Roberts had wrongly decided the ACA in the MONTH TRUMP GOT INAUGURATED. All a coincidence. She was appointed 5 months later to the warm up job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149October 14, 2020 1:09 AM

Glenn Kirschner:

Three Takeaways from Amy Coney Barrett Confirmation Hearing: Guns, ACA/Obamacare and Recusal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 14, 2020 1:13 AM

Why couldn't they just put Gloria Estefan's hair in a bun and have her wear dark glasses and a judicial robe until Biden was inaugurated, then announce that Ginsberg had passed?

They never saw that Kevin Kline movie?

by Anonymousreply 151October 14, 2020 1:18 AM

R104: Don't give it a second thought, as you are far superior to the likes of Amy. You held on to your integrity and are in full possession of your soul.

IRL: Please do what you can to guide and advise the gay married parents in protecting their parental rights.

by Anonymousreply 153October 14, 2020 1:24 AM

R146. It doesn’t appear vague when the list states the department each signer is from. None are from the law faculty. And if there’s one thing I’ve learned about lawyers is that they think they’re the only educated people who matter.

by Anonymousreply 154October 14, 2020 1:31 AM

I listened to the highlights and recap on NPR. Even NPR said she has a very good mind and they are about as left as you can get. Amy takes a very literal interpretation of constitution. Ethically, she can not give her opinion about all the questions she was asked because she would have to look at all the facts before giving an answer. How can she weigh in on abortion, ACA, and gay rights if there is not a case with facts present. I thought her response to the question about Floyd was very thoughtful and moving. I'm nervous about her too. No matter who it was, they would be despised because this is really about the GOP pushing this through before the election. Which people are rightfully upset about.

by Anonymousreply 155October 14, 2020 1:38 AM

Her testimony is awful.

Scary.

by Anonymousreply 156October 14, 2020 1:39 AM

As Rachel (and AK) pointed out, she didn’t know that voter intimidation is a crime?

And she’s going to rule on voting rights cases?

by Anonymousreply 157October 14, 2020 1:50 AM

R153 R155 Good cop/bad cop in the right wing extremist team.

The whole process is illegitimate. McConnell cracked the republic, and Trump finally broke it. So yes, R153, it's all about power, asserting power, make the "tight thing" happen. Just watch the next four years.....

by Anonymousreply 158October 14, 2020 1:59 AM

She probably cries at confession every week as she blubbers about wiping herself after a tinkle and making contact with her sacred ladypart, something only her husband should do. Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 159October 14, 2020 2:04 AM

Not only that r159, Amy believes every drop of jizz is a potential infant, and as such a proper Christian burial is in order, not the indignity of being wiped up with a tissue and flung into a wastebasket.

by Anonymousreply 160October 14, 2020 2:09 AM

r155 She can comment on what she thought about the rulings.

by Anonymousreply 161October 14, 2020 2:19 AM

Call your republicans senators, especially if you are a registered republican, and tell them:

NO on Barrett

Just tell them to focus on passing the stimulus bill because this helps our fellow Americans during the Covid Pandemic and emergency.

by Anonymousreply 162October 14, 2020 2:25 AM

Vote for Joe Biden.

Vote Blue Down Ballot. For All democrats.

Early Vote, if you can.

Theocracy is Bad. Theocratic movements are extremely dangerous. Founding Fathers stated this.

by Anonymousreply 163October 14, 2020 2:29 AM

If she gets through, which I will not say is a given at this point, we will certainly have to do something about it next year when we control everything.

by Anonymousreply 164October 14, 2020 2:32 AM

She has US Government Health Insurance; however, she will rip your medical care from you. She is going to gut medical care for the American people. She has stated this publicly before.

by Anonymousreply 165October 14, 2020 2:33 AM

She has US Government Health Insurance; however, she will rip your medical care from you. She is going to gut medical care for the American people. She has stated this publicly before.

by Anonymousreply 166October 14, 2020 2:33 AM

[quote]If she gets through, which I will not say is a given at this point,

What do you think would stop her from being approved?

I'd say it's a done deal at this point. Republicans don't care what Americans think.

by Anonymousreply 167October 14, 2020 2:37 AM

I'd say there are two Republican votes against her already and we only need two more to kill it on the Senate floor vote.

I think Covid can take down two or more, easily, throwing them into quarantine and unable to vote on the Senate floor, but we shall see.

I wonder how all of those suburban moms and dads who've used IVF are feeling about Handmaid Covid Barrett right now? Putting her on the court could fuck up some GOP senators who are barely holding on as it is right now. And more of them in two years, after the Handmaid has fucked a lot of people over.

by Anonymousreply 168October 14, 2020 2:42 AM

This woman is possessed by a demon.

by Anonymousreply 169October 14, 2020 2:43 AM

I don't get that she'd call herself a Christian and want to take away people's healthcare. Jesus, and I'm not a fan, had a message of loving your fellow man. Didn't he go apeshit on the money changers who were up to no good in the temple? How can she align herself with the dark money interests that put her where she is. What kind of Jesus does she believe in?

by Anonymousreply 170October 14, 2020 2:44 AM

The Old Testament would be more up her alley, Jesus came later on.

by Anonymousreply 171October 14, 2020 2:46 AM

The Republican only job is to get her passed through. That is what Donald has to do regardless of whether he wins or loses. If a Democratic president was in the same boat, he should have do the exact same thing. If if he doesn't that is a mistake on his or her part.

by Anonymousreply 172October 14, 2020 2:46 AM

[quote] The wife of Trump's Labor Secretary, who was at the now-infamous Amy Coney Barrett Rose Garden event, has tested positive for the coronavirus

[quote] Secretary Eugene Scalia, the son of late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, tested negative on Friday night, according to the department.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 14, 2020 2:47 AM

Shut Down Congress. There is a Coney Covid Outbreak.

by Anonymousreply 174October 14, 2020 2:54 AM

Reverend Aiden on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 14, 2020 3:05 AM

The repukes have been plotting to dominate the courts for decades. It's been a hidden agenda behind all their other heinous actions like deregulation of everything, tampering with votes, suppressing anyone different from themselves, and on and on. It's why they go for power grabs like robbing Gore of the presidency and blocking Merrick Garland. If they can control the courts they can have more freedom to enrich themselves while keeping their thumb on lowlifes who actually want a just and equitable society. Repukes are brazen and shameless cheaters and Covid Barrett is just another example of their corrupt vision.

by Anonymousreply 176October 14, 2020 3:09 AM

[quote]Call your republicans senators, especially if you are a registered republican, and tell them:

I live in Pennsylvania, and our Republican Senator, Pat Toomey, has already announced that he is not running for re-election. So what point is there in telling him to vote no on Covid Barrett? He doesn’t need anyone’s vote again.

by Anonymousreply 177October 14, 2020 3:38 AM

It's a done deal at this point. She is as good as confirmed. What will be interesting is to see how Biden handles it, assuming he wins the presidency and we keep the house and take the senate.

by Anonymousreply 178October 14, 2020 3:39 AM

[quote]I don't get that she'd call herself a Christian and want to take away people's healthcare. Jesus, and I'm not a fan, had a message of loving your fellow man.

They only care about abortion. Christians believe they’re guaranteed admission to heaven as long as they oppose abortion.

by Anonymousreply 179October 14, 2020 3:40 AM

[quote]Amy believes every drop of jizz is a potential infant

How very Elle Woods of her.

by Anonymousreply 180October 14, 2020 3:58 AM

Nope. Not a done deal at all. If she's not confirmed - which she is not - then it's not done.

I still wonder about all those voters in Red states who have had IVF. Handmaid Covid Barrett will make IVF illegal.

by Anonymousreply 181October 14, 2020 4:10 AM

She’s my hero.

by Anonymousreply 182October 14, 2020 4:14 AM

She seeks to destroy us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183October 14, 2020 4:15 AM

We LOVE Judge Handmaid!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184October 14, 2020 4:35 AM

From the woman who tweeted about ACB;s clown-car vagina:

[quote]HAHAHAHAHA OH HOLY SHIT IT’S IN THE SENATE RECORD. - Lauren Hough

with video of Tillis reading her tweet into the record.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 14, 2020 4:57 AM

I do wish somebody would ask her when her last negative COVID test was.

by Anonymousreply 186October 14, 2020 5:06 AM

twitter is naming her the coathanger.

was there another fly problem in the hearing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187October 14, 2020 8:09 AM

twitter is naming her the coathanger.

was there another fly problem in the hearing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 14, 2020 8:09 AM

Are those kids going to be lined-up behind her day after day? It must be excrutiating for them.

I hope she's not doing this so the Senators will be intimidated about asking her rough questions.

by Anonymousreply 189October 14, 2020 8:14 AM

The dems are totally softballing her. Anything less than calling her a massive Jesus freak cunt and telling her to her face she's unfit and laughing in her face the way mcConnell did to Amy McGrath last night isn't enough.

by Anonymousreply 190October 14, 2020 8:26 AM

Dems seem like they’re biding their time, and I hope they feel there is good reason to do so.

This woman spoke to an audience of one yesterday. She may have decried politics at every turn, but that was a one-woman campaign appearance for Trump and the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 191October 14, 2020 8:37 AM

Call me crazy, but, I'm hoping there is something to the notion suggested by some Christian Repug moderates (yes, according to what I've read, those exist) that Barrett's confirmation and being seated on the Court, before the election, let's some of them who've always been troubled by Trump's rhetoric and behavior, off the hook on voting for him again.

In other words, they'll absolve themselves about voting for him in the first place by not voting at all.

by Anonymousreply 192October 14, 2020 11:12 AM

BArrett, for all her pretensions to judicial impartiality and "following the law" is a political activist of the Extreme Right clothed in religious bullshit. She may be a Golden Child in the Ultra Conservative Extreme Religious Right, but she has no place on the bench. She is a political activist. She ought to run for office, not be getting lifetime appointments.

And I'll tell you another thing. Roberts' weak ass should have nailed Kavanaugh for misconduct and recommended to Congress that Kavanaugh be removed or not approved in the first place. But of course they are old friends and he is too weak. When we get another Chief maybe he will exercise his own legitimate pwoer and clean up the mess McConnell made by helping to get rid of unqualified judges.

by Anonymousreply 193October 14, 2020 12:56 PM

Good god. Feinstein just greeted ACB like she was an old friend. The people of CA deserve better. Democrats shouldn’t even be there. Why are they treating this as legitimate?

by Anonymousreply 194October 14, 2020 1:26 PM

And now Feinstein just said how “impressed” she is.

America has fallen. We need a revolution.

by Anonymousreply 195October 14, 2020 1:28 PM

Isn’t she the one who Repugs have been raking over the coals since they announced ACB? Didn’t they spend weeks suggesting she was out to get the lovely Christian lady and haven’t the far right websites being putting a price on her Jewish head while far right radio has said she is too religiously biased to even attend the hearing? Tough position to be in.

by Anonymousreply 196October 14, 2020 1:56 PM

It's sad that this thread has taken up the Repug propaganda attempt to equalize Amy with Ginsberg's stature. I'm talking about referring to her as ACB.

There's FRD, JFK, LBJ. There's RBG and AOC. There's no ACB - but there is The Handmaiden.

by Anonymousreply 197October 14, 2020 2:28 PM

Any time I've listened to Feinstein during hearings, it's a huge disappointment.

Retire already.

by Anonymousreply 198October 14, 2020 2:29 PM

DiFi will retire soon, she's been a good senator all these years - especially for us - so just put a fucking sock in it, whiners.

by Anonymousreply 199October 14, 2020 2:55 PM

Democrats know that Barrett will be confirmed. They are exposing how she is appointed for Trump's political purposes. And they are not attacking her in such a way that would give Republicans have any sound bites/ammo to help them in the general election. I think the Dems have been smart, for the most part.

1. Win the election. 2. Survive Trump's powergrab in his resistance to the results... in the courts. 3. Add seats to the Court, because the Republicans have changed the rules.

by Anonymousreply 200October 14, 2020 3:07 PM

Yep, it's a given she'll be confirmed with the GOP votes.

The Dems should use their time in this hearing - as they're doing - to 1) campaign; 2) build up the case for court reform. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 201October 14, 2020 3:12 PM

In addition to supporting the comments by R200/ R201, this article makes interesting observations about the comments here yesterday regarding questioning by Chris Coons and Kamala Harris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202October 14, 2020 3:15 PM

I had a holy vision. Satan has the ultimate revenge on her....her vagina will be poked and seared, removed in pieces as she watches, fed to her in chunks. Rewind and repeat. Save your soul, Amy, save your soul!

by Anonymousreply 203October 14, 2020 3:16 PM

Question: In 2016 Amy Cony Barrett (who was not a judge at that time) was on Fox News and stated her support for not proceeding with Judge Garland's nomination since it was a presidential election year, especially since his addition to the court would tip the balance. Obviously, she has now changed her mind, but why is no one asking her justification for changing her mind?

by Anonymousreply 204October 14, 2020 3:19 PM

Whitehouse is great.

by Anonymousreply 205October 14, 2020 3:20 PM

Did Whitehouse just suggest that Alito 'signaled' to the rightwing legal orgs. that he wants to overturn a precedent, and they harvested a 'litigant' for the case which they orchestrated to take to the Supreme Court?

by Anonymousreply 206October 14, 2020 3:34 PM

Whitehouse single-handedly exposing corruption in the judiciary for the American people.

by Anonymousreply 207October 14, 2020 3:40 PM

[quote] Adam Klasfeld @KlasfeldReports [quote] The exchanges between Senator Whitehouse and Judge Barrett cannot be summarized in a tweet.

[quote] Suffice it to say, the discussions on dark money, the Abood saga, SCOTUS disclosure requirements, and ex-parte contacts with judges transcend this hearing and go broadly to U.S. civics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208October 14, 2020 3:46 PM

Again, Whitehouse laying the foundation for expanding the court. A decades-long project by oligarchs to control the judicial system... MUST be overturned when the Dems regain the Senate. It's not even "politics and power", it's to redress the corrupting influence of big money in our governance and the rule of civil society.

by Anonymousreply 209October 14, 2020 3:59 PM

Amy Coney Barrett confirmation hearing live updates: Trump nominee says ‘no one is above the law’ but declines to say whether president has power to pardon himself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210October 14, 2020 4:01 PM

ACB -- "I certainly hope that all members of the committee have confidence in my integrity than to think that I would allow myself to be used as a pawn to decide this election for the American People."

No we think you are a pawn that will decide this election for Trump. You are the enemy of the American People.

by Anonymousreply 211October 14, 2020 4:16 PM

Klobuchar is cross-examining her ass and has her rattled. This is one situation where being an experienced prosecutor is an asset.

by Anonymousreply 212October 14, 2020 4:41 PM

Does she have herpes?

by Anonymousreply 213October 14, 2020 4:43 PM

Cancer is our only hope.

by Anonymousreply 214October 14, 2020 4:51 PM

Those kids... what if they have to pee or go #2. She continues to use them as props for her anti-abortion stance. "They told me he was retarded- but that didn't matter!". Her ambitions led her to adopt a couple black kids so she wouldn't look like a total right wing suburban Republican bigot.

And I feel she is lying repeatedly. 'I do not know' 'I did not read that' 'I'm not sure that I did'. Lying bitch; you probably keep Brett Kavanaugh-style calendars of your every movement.

by Anonymousreply 215October 14, 2020 4:53 PM

[quote]Those kids... what if they have to pee or go #2.

Just like pain, they give it to god and let it go.

by Anonymousreply 216October 14, 2020 5:03 PM

Does cancer get cancer, r214?

by Anonymousreply 217October 14, 2020 5:04 PM

Look. We have a huge task ahead of us but if we elect Democrats up and DOWN the ballot we can do it. We need a Constitutional Amendment banning Dark money from politics. Period. Overthrow Citizens united. Both houses of Congress are democratic they will pass the amendment, and then it goes to the states we need 37 state legislatures to ratify it. We can do this. Absofuckinglutely. But we have to get all of it done in 2 yrs. Not saying we will ose our majorities but we have to be vigilant. What has to happen realistically is t hat forthe next FOUR years the Democratic PArty needs to systematically dismantle the Republicans. So we have to work hard. But once we have it all put to bed we might be able to let up... a little. Truth is, we have to be watchful and pay attention because I never want to go through this again.

by Anonymousreply 218October 14, 2020 5:10 PM

I have it on mute - is it just me or is Ben Sasse flirting with her? If they don't have serious questions to ask they should just say so and give their time back to the Chair.

by Anonymousreply 219October 14, 2020 5:11 PM

Ben Sass is on her side, and he is sort of a nightmare for her.

"Name the five freedoms in the first amendment!" (She stumbles a bit.) "Read my mind about what is exciting about the constitution.! (Amber say "What?") "Let's do sports analogies."

by Anonymousreply 220October 14, 2020 5:12 PM

In her case, r217? Yes.

by Anonymousreply 221October 14, 2020 5:12 PM

Why is OP, "lined out?"

by Anonymousreply 222October 14, 2020 5:14 PM

You need asbestos eyeballs r222.

by Anonymousreply 223October 14, 2020 5:15 PM

I do r223. I still don't get it? Can you explain?

by Anonymousreply 224October 14, 2020 5:19 PM

So tRump has just recommended that Brett Kavanaugh sue his accusers. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 225October 14, 2020 5:19 PM

R224, go to Settings and under "Flames & Freaks" move the slider over to "Asbestos Eyeballs."

by Anonymousreply 226October 14, 2020 5:21 PM

R225 does it surprise you that Tangerine Don doesn’t know the SC isn’t his personal legal pool?

by Anonymousreply 227October 14, 2020 5:22 PM

Does it surprise you that he thinks it is r227?

by Anonymousreply 228October 14, 2020 5:24 PM

[quote]Cancer is our only hope.

Well, liars DO get cancer.

by Anonymousreply 229October 14, 2020 5:37 PM

Barrett the Eroticised Super-Karen

Yes, r21, Sasse was flirting with her.

And then Cruz and Cornyn joined in to show- off for her and then all 3 interacted like boys on the playground trying to impress the girl pausing her Hopscotch game to watch them.

by Anonymousreply 230October 14, 2020 5:42 PM

Ooops, r230 was meant for r219.

by Anonymousreply 231October 14, 2020 5:44 PM

Can't wait for Biden to nominate Obama to the SC. Breyer is 80+, he should be retiring immediately upon the Dems getting the Senate and Presidency.

I want to see GOP heads explode.

by Anonymousreply 232October 14, 2020 5:57 PM

I guess no one is watching today.

by Anonymousreply 233October 14, 2020 6:49 PM

I pity her Black children.

by Anonymousreply 234October 14, 2020 6:58 PM

I’m not watching. I’ve decided to do a binge rewatch of Handmaid’s Tale instead.

by Anonymousreply 235October 14, 2020 6:59 PM

She makes me hungry for Any Corny Burrito.

by Anonymousreply 236October 14, 2020 7:02 PM

Poor thang; now she thinks she's Mary Magdalene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237October 14, 2020 7:02 PM

Benn Sasse, Amy's nightmare, Part 2.

WaPo picks up on the exchange and posts this. (Thanks, Ben!)

[quote] Barrett couldn’t name all five freedoms in the First Amendment

[quote] Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) asked Barrett what some might assume would be an easy question: What are the five freedoms of the First Amendment?

[quote] Barrett could name only four.

[quote] “Speech, press, religion, assembly,” she said, trailing off. “I don’t know, what am I missing?”

[quote] She left out the right to protest or petition the government.

[quote] Sasse, who has used his question time as a sort of civics lesson, followed up with a question about why there was one amendment that clustered the five freedoms together, then launched into a monologue about why the country’s founders created the Bill of Rights.

[quote] “I just wanted to hear you reflect a little bit on the glories of the First Amendment,” he said. “Why five of them [freedoms] in the same amendment?”

[quote] Barrett said she did not know why, as a historical matter, they appeared together rather than being split up.

by Anonymousreply 238October 14, 2020 7:11 PM

I completely fault Ben Sasse for asking the question incorrectly. He should have said, "If confirmed, what five freedoms would you limit or take away from the American people?" She would have aced it if asked that way.

by Anonymousreply 239October 14, 2020 7:13 PM

Is she wearing purple again today? I couldn’t bear to watch her flounce into the room with that weird little titty jiggle she does.

by Anonymousreply 240October 14, 2020 7:16 PM

Ben Sasse is an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 241October 14, 2020 7:18 PM

Ben Sassy.

by Anonymousreply 242October 14, 2020 7:19 PM

[quote]Can't wait for Biden to nominate Obama to the SC.

Biden should nominate Barack and Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 243October 14, 2020 7:20 PM

Ben Sasse looks like the kind of person who smells their own farts.

by Anonymousreply 244October 14, 2020 7:22 PM

r197, you forgot the Mighty O.

r247, wasn't MM a former prostitution whore?

by Anonymousreply 245October 14, 2020 7:36 PM

She has a weird habit of laughing in the middle of a Democrat's question before being zapped BAM! by the question's reveal. I notice she does this with men moreso than with women. Flirtation fail.

Why does MSNBC cut away from Senator Booker's segment?

by Anonymousreply 246October 14, 2020 8:24 PM

Read on Talking Points that they're posting that Robert will actually retire to bring the court back to center. What are the chances??

by Anonymousreply 247October 14, 2020 8:29 PM

Who knows but I do think Roberts is the kind of conservative who would be disgusted by Trump and this circus.

by Anonymousreply 248October 14, 2020 8:35 PM

I doubt he will want his name and legacy attached to the post-2020 SCOTUS.

by Anonymousreply 249October 14, 2020 8:38 PM

R235, that show is more cheerful and less scary than this shitshow going on right now.

by Anonymousreply 250October 14, 2020 9:47 PM

[quote] Read on Talking Points that they're posting that Robert will actually retire to bring the court back to center. What are the chances??

You know what would be rich — for Roberts’ replacement to be confirmed and seated and Uncle Clarence Thomas to croak, thus giving the Dems the 5-4 advantage.

by Anonymousreply 251October 14, 2020 11:38 PM

Obama would have no interest in sitting on the Supreme Court. He and Michelle have moved into Hollywood and producing. Why would he go back to government.

by Anonymousreply 252October 14, 2020 11:40 PM

Ben Sasse looks like the kind of person who smells their own farts.

And thinks the smell like Chanel

Roberts is too egotistical to walk away; he's like Clarence - he'll leave toes up.

by Anonymousreply 253October 14, 2020 11:43 PM

RBG left with no organs left. She was egotistical too, if that's what you want to call it. She was an asshole about her position as far as I'm concerned and did serious damage to the fucking country. History books will not be kind to her. Because this 6 to 3 majority SCOTUS is all gonna happen and Biden doesn't have the guts to expand the Supreme Court. If he is lucky enough to have control of congress and the senate and doesn't do it - he won't. Coward. He'll just go round touching people too much until he dies. If we survive COVID, hopefully we'll be here for Harris/Buttigieg in 2024. Or my choice, Harris/Yang. If the senate flips and Biden wins this thing? That is OUR victory. Kamala is the power and the brains and the future of the party. She was Obama's choice and Hillary too. She didn't make it far. Nobody really wants some one as weak and old as Joe, but he's right for the moment in places corn grows. Decent enough guy. Since when does that qualify him to be president?

RBG was profound in her personal life and career. But she was a disaster in old age. It's not BRAVE to keep working through multiple cancers and endless treatments and doing push-ups with Colbert at 85. She was in deep denial. Her most fervent wish was to not piss all over her own legacy. She blew it.

by Anonymousreply 254October 15, 2020 12:04 AM

[quote] Ben Sasse looks like the kind of person who smells their own farts.

In fairness, who doesn’t?

by Anonymousreply 255October 15, 2020 1:06 AM

Lady has plenty to say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 15, 2020 1:11 AM

R254 I agree with you. Her legacy will get us 6-3 and a bunch of Christo-Facsists dominating the court for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 257October 15, 2020 1:33 AM

[quote] Her legacy will get us 6-3

Isn't one of the "three" an 82-year old man, Stephen Breyer?

You'll be lucky if it stays 6-3.

by Anonymousreply 258October 15, 2020 2:46 AM

[quote] Isn't one of the "three" an 82-year old man, Stephen Breyer?

Breyer will resign within the first six months of Biden’s term. If the Dems are in charge of the Senate, as is now expected, there will be no problem getting his replacement seated.

Joe is disinclined to expand the Court — or, at least that’s what he says now. But, if Miss Amy and the Boys overturn the ACA in the Spring, Joe will have a sterling epiphany about how we will need to add seats. If you haven’t watched Senator Sheldon Whitehouse’s “dark money and the Court” presentation at yesterday’s Amy hearing, you should.

Amy is a lying sack of shit. She has an agenda and she’s going to go onto the Court with both guns blazing. Biden and the Dems will have no choice but to add seats. And the better thing is to do it (1) early, (2) quickly, and (3) without a lot of hand-wringing. Get a bunch of academics to write op-eds as to why it is necessary and get it done.

by Anonymousreply 259October 15, 2020 3:42 AM

[quote]But, if Miss Amy and the Boys overturn the ACA in the Spring, Joe will have a sterling epiphany about how we will need to add seats

Exactly.

If the Supreme Court starts overturning things left and right then it will begin to reflect badly on Biden and not Trump because Biden failed to do anything to stop it.

I've always had a feeling that he was going to be pushed towards expanding it whether he wants to or not.

As you said R259, they really just need to do it. Not comment on it and move forward with the next few years. Hopefully they don't go about making sure that many of the things that happened the past few years CAN'T HAPPEN ever again, and make voter registration standard at 18 and mail in voting a norm. That way it really lessens the chance we'll ever get another Republican President again. (I'd say deal with the electoral college but I know how people get their panties in a bunch about that. I'd like them to but I'd be fine with them making Puerto Rico and DC states.)

by Anonymousreply 260October 15, 2020 3:50 AM

[quote] Hopefully they don't go about making sure that many of the things

I meant, "hopefully they go about ..." OOPS! I wrote don't because I was going to say I hope don't get in there and forget about ...

by Anonymousreply 261October 15, 2020 3:52 AM

[quote]he's like Clarence - he'll leave toes up

Sounds like a plan.

by Anonymousreply 262October 15, 2020 7:24 AM

The number of Justices should go up because the U.S. population is a hell of a lot more than back when they decided on '9'.

by Anonymousreply 263October 15, 2020 8:13 AM

She's hiding things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264October 15, 2020 8:19 AM

garbage candidate. completely unimpressive.

by Anonymousreply 265October 15, 2020 8:42 AM

It's a shame that the likes of Ms. Lindsay, this handmaiden cocksuker, along with those racist, knuckle-dragging, whitetrash, inbred supremacist Rupublicans are trying to invoke Jesus on their behalf when it is they themselves that would make Jesus puke.

If at all possible, try to ignore these ignorant false prophets who will receive His wrath for taking His name in vain. Jesus healed the sick and disabled and he denounced the greedy money changers in the Temple. This is what the Repukes have imbraced and they will not receive everlasting life in the Kingdom of Heaven. These asses that lie and deceive for their own needs do not represent true Christianity!

by Anonymousreply 266October 15, 2020 10:07 AM

Amy is there because the Federalists Society is a pro-corporate outfit. The big banks, industrial polluters including the fossil fuel industry, big pharma and insurance, land developers, etc., are the funders behind purchasing "their court".

She'll be there to push against environmental regulations, oppose consumer protection, supporting corporate tax breaks, being soft on corporate corruption and financial crimes. pleasing profiteers of select religious fascism, and rule against the little guys. She'll support voter suppression and election tampering when it favors Republicans.

Opposing Roe is a rhetorical bone thrown to the MAGAs.

by Anonymousreply 267October 15, 2020 10:07 AM

she sure does lie and omit a lot for someone whose got the votes to be appointed. Is this finally a bridge too far

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 15, 2020 10:12 AM

If she is so firm and righteous in her faith, then why does she not speak truth to power!

by Anonymousreply 269October 15, 2020 12:05 PM

Samuel Alito is a Grade "A" Asshole and nothing gives me more pleasure than knowing right now he's steaming mad that Senator Whitehouse exposed him for the corrupt POS he is.

And the reason I know Alito is reacting that way is because he angrily mouthed "Not True" at Obama when Obama, during a SOTU speech, basically called out Citizens United in the same way Whitehouse did.

If Alito can't restrain himself in public, before TV cameras, imagine how he's reacting to Sheldon Whitehouse privately?

Bwahahahaha!

by Anonymousreply 270October 15, 2020 12:27 PM

Alito is so entrenched in the right-wing ideology and voting, there is no flexibility with him. Thomas hates Democrats stemming from his confirmation hearings and votes with bitterness. His intelligence and command of legal principles are quite low. His wife is an activist in right-wing political and social circles.

Alito actually rendered some good earlier perspectives on eminent domain and banning showing animal cruelty in the media. His Citizens United decision was the worst ever

While they are conservatives, I am not so sure Roberts, Gorsuch, and Kavanaugh, want to be viewed as right-wing extremists on the Supreme Court. They may punt on a few of the more controversial wedge issues. Gorsuch actually voted to be inclusive of gays when it came to employee protections against discrimination.

Amy Barrett will have Alito's stubbornness and ideology with Clarence Thomas' attitude. She will vote solidly with Alito and Thomas. She's really bad news. Her record doesn't show support for gay interests.

Elana Kagan has been the judge that worked through some compromises on several prior rulings.

by Anonymousreply 271October 15, 2020 1:28 PM

Whitehouse made the case for racketeering charges. I think we need to get hottie mob lawyer Daniel Goldman back in the mix. Alito can be impeached. Roberts can be impeached. I would love to see all of them and Barr frog marched into federal prison.

by Anonymousreply 272October 15, 2020 1:46 PM

Amy Barrett is that prissy, self-righteous cunt we all went to law school with.

I’m shocked she’s actually GenX. She comes off much more as a whiny, immature Millennial.

“Prissy” really sells with the Millennial frau crowd.

by Anonymousreply 273October 15, 2020 3:40 PM

Opus Dei running our Supreme Court

by Anonymousreply 274October 15, 2020 4:05 PM

I finally watched Whitehouse...damn my blood is boiling. We need to overturn Citizens United but good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 275October 15, 2020 4:20 PM

R268 Jesus, that pic. You guys weren't kidding. Her hair really is awful.

by Anonymousreply 276October 15, 2020 4:26 PM

In twenty days, Miss Lindz will come crashing down if she loses re-election. Recent polls show Jamie Harrison pulling very slightly ahead. It will come down to turnout. SC did open absentee ballots for all registered voters that properly applied. I sent in my absentee ballot a couple of days ago, and there is a backlog in getting them out which didn't start until last week. Securing an absentee ballot in SC is a multiple step process and has to be requested by the voter first. Even the signature has to witnessed, but not notarized.

by Anonymousreply 277October 15, 2020 4:29 PM

Who’s the homophobic disabled girl?

by Anonymousreply 278October 15, 2020 4:31 PM

There are plenty of SC Republicans that dislike Graham due to her hypocrisy and failure to deliver for SC. Whether enough of them are willing to vote for a Democrat, an African-American one at that, remains to be seen. The battle is fierce.

by Anonymousreply 279October 15, 2020 4:36 PM

That cocksucker Linds bringing riots into it.

by Anonymousreply 280October 15, 2020 4:42 PM

Opus Dei running our Supreme Court

She's Bill Barr in a Talbots dress

by Anonymousreply 281October 15, 2020 5:17 PM

What if the Democrats refuse to show up for the vote? Isn’t there a rule where a certain number of Senators have to be present for a vote to even be taken?

by Anonymousreply 282October 15, 2020 5:42 PM

These Republicans Senators and Mitch McConnell care more about putting a Pro Theocracy nutjob on the US Supreme Court, then doing anything that will help the American people ride through the Covid Pandemic.

You need to Vote them out of Office. Vote for Joe Biden. Vote for all Democratic Candidate for all elected offices. Blue Down Ballot.

Nothing is going to get better for us until we get Joe Biden and his team in their to get a handle on the Covid Pandemic.

Joe Biden has to WIN!

Dems have to take back Congress to do anything meaningful and scientific to protect the American people.

by Anonymousreply 283October 15, 2020 6:13 PM

Right now, there are pregnant mothers who are food INSECURITY. There are pregnant women who cannot get essential medical care during their pregnancy and delivery, so that Mother and Baby are both SAFE and HEALTHY.

Amy Coney Barrett could care less about the health of Unborn Babies, or their mothers. Food Security Programs, Medical Programs and Women's Health Care Program all help with this, but Amy Coney Barrett has a clear history of being AGAINST these programs. These are program that help unborn and born babies.

by Anonymousreply 284October 15, 2020 6:23 PM

[quote]But, if Miss Amy and the Boys overturn the ACA in the Spring, Joe will have a sterling epiphany about how we will need to add seats.

I've seen several arguments that they will be very cautious about overturning major precedents in the first six months or year, so they can say "See, we're not so bad" and forestall any further talk of expanding the SC.

Conservatives play a long game. They're ok with it taking a year or several years to overturn Roe vs Wade. These new appointees are all young, they'll be there a while.

by Anonymousreply 285October 15, 2020 6:55 PM

[quote]I've seen several arguments that they will be very cautious about overturning major precedents in the first six months or year, so they can say "See, we're not so bad" and forestall any further talk of expanding the SC.

That’s just stupid. Get everything done in the first year while you have the Presidency and both Houses of Congress. Don’t wait. There’s always the possibility of losing the House or Senate in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 286October 15, 2020 7:04 PM

On the bright side, you just know Miss Amy is going to babble inanities in her little helium- infused lisp and drive Kavanaugh and Alito crazy.

They’re not intellectual giants, but both are smarter than her and have better resumes.

And they both hate women.

by Anonymousreply 287October 15, 2020 8:37 PM

Call your republican senator. Tell them NO on Barrett. Something is happening.

CALL CALL CALL NOW!

by Anonymousreply 288October 15, 2020 9:26 PM

[quote]Samuel Alito is a Grade "A" Asshole and nothing gives me more pleasure than knowing right now he's steaming mad that Senator Whitehouse exposed him for the corrupt POS he is.

Alito right now is doing the exact same thing Sheldon Whitehouse exposed.

What else is the opinion he and Thomas just issued on the gay marriage decision for the idiot county clerk - but a clear signal to the Federalist Society and the other cutouts to harvest litigants and propel them to the SC to overturn Obergefell.

by Anonymousreply 289October 15, 2020 9:41 PM

Brett is probably excited about having a chance to rape Amy.

by Anonymousreply 290October 15, 2020 10:04 PM

[quote]That’s just stupid. Get everything done in the first year while you have the Presidency and both Houses of Congress.

I was talking about what the conservatives on the Supreme Court are supposedly thinking, not the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 291October 15, 2020 11:27 PM

During the town hall last night, Biden committed to setting forth his position on adding seats to the Supreme Court “before the election” because “people have a right to know.”

He said it depended on how the Miss Amy vote was handled by the Rethugs and how everything came out. Good answer. First, he bought himself a little more time. Second, by the time he says what he’s planning on doing, tens of millions of people will have already voted. Third, I suspect that his answer will be something like this: “I will will consult with legal experts, members of the Senate, and the Justice Department lawyers, and I will be open to the possibility of adding seats.” Giving an answer along those lines in the last seven days of the campaign will not have much of an impact on those people who still haven’t voted — to the extent that it even filters down to most voters.

by Anonymousreply 292October 16, 2020 8:43 AM

She's a typical GenX Karen Cunt R273 of which there are tons. The term Karen was coined specifically for GenXers like her

by Anonymousreply 293October 18, 2020 1:40 AM

Well “Karen” is really a Boomer name, so whoever coins these terms is apparently an idiot.

A GenX cunt would be a Jennifer, Heather, or... Amy.

by Anonymousreply 294October 18, 2020 2:45 AM

Miss Amy is smart enough to know she is being used by the Pigs. If she isn't aware of this, it proves she is also too dumb for the job.

by Anonymousreply 295October 18, 2020 9:31 AM

Back in the 80s a Jennifer was a wealthy man’s young mistress or second much younger wife. Lots of Amys, Heathers and Michelles in my GenX class.

Judge Amy knows why she is where she is. She was groomed by and her judgeships bought with Koch money. They probably told her she could go hog wild with her anti-gay and anti-abortion decisions as long as she ruled in favor of corporations and the rich every single time. She’s a vile, rotten scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 296October 18, 2020 2:21 PM

I have a question about the Supreme Court and Affordable Care Act. I confess that I don't really understand how or why the ACA might be considered unconstitutional. I know that Repugs in Congress want it repealed, and no doubt the Repug Supreme Court justices will do the bidding of the GOP. But if there is some fundamental constitutional problem with the ACA, can't it just be fixed if (please God) Democrats take over Congress and the Presidency this year? And can't they fix it before the Supreme Court issues its ruling this coming summer, making the whole problem go away? Or am I misunderstanding the situation?

by Anonymousreply 297October 18, 2020 3:57 PM

Good question

I think it could be fixed, superficially, by reimposing a modest individual mandate “tax” - the basis on which Roberts upheld it earlier.

I believe the deeper issue is whether citizens can be forced to buy a “commercial product,” i.e. health care. If that’s a concern, one possible solution might be to establish a “public option” like Medicare, that individuals who be required to pay into (even with subsidies) if they didn’t have coverage elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 298October 18, 2020 8:13 PM

I hate the GOP . They could pick an actual qualified judge but choose someone who mocks RBG achievements, which helped Amy rise professionally, is really low. Same with picking Thomas who mocks Thurgood Marshall. Scotus can block all progressive legislation which is precisely what mitch, Koch, federalist society etc want. This is minority rule.

by Anonymousreply 299October 19, 2020 5:53 PM

Katie Hill:

(Tweet was later deleted.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300October 19, 2020 6:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!