Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

There was personal animosity in the palace towards Meghan, a consultant for The Crown claims

[quote]Lacey claims the palace did not know how to react to Meghan, who had an opinion and refused to be silenced. "There was personal animosity in the palace towards Meghan - and the feeling is mutual,” Lacey said (via The Sunday Times). "There was somebody in the palace - and I can't name them - who hated Meghan. There is no love lost there."

Whom do you suppose it could be?

Zara Tindall?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 26, 2020 6:37 PM

Don't look at me, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2020 5:45 AM

Has the DL'er who worked on the new Harry/Meghan book and obnoxiously reminds us about it in nearly every single BRF thread weighed in on this yet?

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2020 6:02 AM

R2 what do they say?

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2020 6:03 AM

Obviously, it was Kaitey Waitey.

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2020 6:13 AM

[quote]Whom do you suppose it could be?

Every bloody body.

by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2020 6:18 AM

I imagine everyone who realized their "benefit" to Markle knew they were in her wake right about that Morocco visit bizarrely engineered by the Home Office.

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2020 6:22 AM

Obviously it was Prince George. There's only room for ONE shady bitch in the Windsor family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2020 7:51 AM

I would go for William.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2020 8:12 AM

Meghan is too good for the brf.

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2020 8:26 AM

Phillip or Camilla

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2020 9:22 AM

I don't think you should be taking anything they say seriously, R2. They're not well.

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2020 9:29 AM

Water on the bridge. They aren't going back. Who cares now.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2020 9:37 AM

The Royal Family serves a purpose as long as the UK is so bitterly divided that an elected president would be a disaster.

When a confident ambitious black women who marries into the family gets receives hostility from within than a lazy scrounging paedophile rapist it should ring alarm bells that something is seriously wrong.

This is the organisation who forced two children to walk behind the coffin of their dead mother because the event had huge TV audiences.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2020 10:17 AM

Haters always see hate around them.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2020 10:42 AM

The Queen is the only one that matters.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2020 12:05 PM

William. It was obvious from an early stage he didn't like her.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2020 12:10 PM

I think it is William too for PWT, the penis with teeth.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2020 12:17 PM

William and Kate are "Kensington Palace" - whenever the Cambridges are referred to, it's about KP.

If it's Buckingham Palace, it's either a very high level courtier/royal advisor, or the Queen and/or Prince Philip.

And, they said the same thing about Fergie 20 years ago, "The knives are out for Fergie in Buckingham Palace".

Where Meghan is concerned, there's always someone else to blame.

I don't doubt William disliked her and distrusted her from the start, but that's because he got her number early on. And, I don't doubt Meghan hated William right back - you could just as well have said, "Someone in Nottingham Cottage and Frogmore hated William and Kate."

And Meghan's envy and resentment of Kate, her desire to upstage her, her leaked nasty stories about her, the Mean Girl trick at Eugenie's wedding . . .

If people began disliking Meghan as soon as they realised her game, which was to use the title she'd been given by that same hateful Palace to self-aggrandise herself, and not to serve either the monarchy or Britain, then Meghan gave them plenty of ammo very early on, from Tiaragate to that last awful tour of South Africa where she stood there with one of the poorest countries in the world as a backdrop talking about how ill done by she was.

It was clear moments after the wedding that she wasn't going to stay the course.

And it is really sad to see a writer and journalist of Lacey's reputation now acting as a paid shill for Netflix and the Sussexes.

BP always means the Queen/Prince Philip and their close staff. KP means the Cambridges. Clarence House means the Wales. Although I think it likely that Camilla detests Meghan, as well. Perhaps Meghan shouldn't have released those photos of her at the NT and the Debenham school, as she'd agreed not to do, on the same day as Camilla's big domestic abuse speech.

Meghan never cared - it wasn't Wokeness: it was sheer, "I got what I want and you were fools to give it to me and I don't give a fuck how I shaft you back.

Shame on you, Mr Lacey.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2020 12:30 PM

She’s very beautiful but why is this news? They live in Santa Barbara now so why are they relevant??

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2020 12:55 PM

R19 - If she's "very beautiful" then wtf was, say, Ava Gardner?!

She's modestly attractive and aging badly - that's why she's only being filmed through layers of filters and why she's very obviously had quite a bit of "work" done in the last year.

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2020 12:58 PM

"Meghan had an opinion"

OMG, wouldn't it be wonderful if it was only the one?

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2020 1:04 PM

I don’t think Zara Tindall is considered part of the palace as she lives a private life. Likewise Princess Michael, despite her title she and her husband do not receive civil list money and do not represent the crown officially so they aren’t part of the establishment.

It’s William most likely.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2020 1:17 PM

I imagine it is a courtier or a private secretary. There are many important and influential people in the palace who are not family members. They "run" the monarchy for the queen and her family. The queen has the last word, but don't discount the influence of the private secretary and the high-level courtiers.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2020 1:31 PM

I don't know Meghan and I have animosity towards her. I can just imagine the poor unfortunates who had to deal with her.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2020 1:37 PM

She persisted.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2020 1:38 PM

Meghan, your perennial victim act is getting so old.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2020 1:39 PM

Gays certainly bare repetitive and boring.

And Megan thanks you for keeping her relevant.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2020 1:40 PM

It is weird that Megan loathes Trump because I would say she is as Narcissistic as him and to honest even more of a victim.

In some ways I feel sorry for her. I have no doubt Harry wanted to break free from Royal life and Megan is the fall guy for that. On the other hand her total lack of understanding and hypocrisy make me exhausted by her. The victim mentality is infuriating.

I saw the wedding in Windsor and the crowd adored them both. The Media lapped her up. For her to then discuss Racism and then say she hated the Media intrusion and then move to LA is playing everyone as fools.

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2020 1:50 PM

I sensed she was going to be trouble but I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt. The ridiculous fiery black preacher at the wedding and the star-studded cast (most of whom didn’t even know her) cemented it for me. How true it all was, as Catherine and Camilla tried to stifle their laughs as the bug-eyed preacher ranted on and on and robbed a British royal wedding of all its traditional dignity, how true that Meghan would soon cause huge problems in the establishment and only exile would fix it.

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2020 1:55 PM

She could not "win" in the royal family, so she had to pick up her cards and leave the game -- and cry that she was cheated! She could not win because she would always be the wife of the second son, and Kate would always walk ahead of her. She couldn't bear that. My beef against her is that she should have thought that out before marrying the spare. Having not done so, she leaves and takes him with her. And he, poor besotted fool, breaks that heart of millions of grannies, veterans, soldiers, and young girls, not to mention his father and grandparents. For all the privilege he's had throughout his life, there is a price: duty. The rest of his family have lived by that code, with the exception of Andrew and the Duke of Windsor. My British friends, including those who have no interest in the royal family, feel that he shat on the nation.

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2020 2:13 PM

R20 you're insane

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2020 2:14 PM

the people of the UK were literally “broken hearted” about Harry leaving? I don’t really think they give it all that much thought, tbh.

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2020 4:11 PM

She’s unattractive, R31.

Both on the inside and outside.

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2020 4:19 PM

Looks like no one suspects me. Well, that's a relief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2020 4:23 PM

They couldn’t give 2 fucks! BRF living off the backs of the working people and stolen colonial spoils! They wouldn’t be shit if it wasn’t for all they looted from India

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2020 4:24 PM

R34....scary!!!

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2020 4:25 PM

R35 - Yes, right, 1,000 years ago English kings were living off "working people" and "stolen colonial spoils".

Pick up a history book.

They were hot shit before India - or haven't you ever heard of the Plantagenets, Henry II, the Tudors, etc.?

Thought not.

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2020 4:42 PM

Funny how it didn't bother Meghan to get the benefits of the fame and status that came with marrying into all those "spoils". Then, once she got the title, she got all Woke about it.

Right right right . . . she was just an innocent 35 year old d-list actress who'd been around the block so many times she wore out a path in it. She had NO idea. . . . !!!!

God, she makes them look noble.

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2020 4:44 PM

The only "opinion" that has ever mattered to Meghan Markle is how well it works for Meghan Markle.

The rest is all window dressing.

by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2020 4:45 PM

"Liberal" Meghan's friends tend to be conservative.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 12, 2020 5:32 PM

I enjoyed the preacher. It was fucking hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 41October 12, 2020 8:28 PM

"'Give your Auntie Meghan a kiss'? Bitch, please, you opened briefcases on a game show for a living."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 12, 2020 8:44 PM

maybe so, but it was out of context. Meghan had no major religious background prior to that wedding, bringing that guy in was just a stunt to show the TV audience how black she was (or, wanted to look). It only served to make her look as an even MORE inappropriate and self absorbed choice for a royal bride. Meghan did NOT change the monarchy, and in fact the monarchy sharply declined her antics and hence she ran back to California, her wealthy prince in tow.

by Anonymousreply 43October 12, 2020 8:49 PM

Why is she clinging on to the BRF that she hates so much, not to mention the royal titles? It's ovah!

by Anonymousreply 44October 12, 2020 9:01 PM

I thought the preacher was hilarious, too! I just about burst from laughing, watching those stiff upper lips.

Good times.

by Anonymousreply 45October 12, 2020 9:02 PM

William hated her.

And I’m sure it’s just because he’s a mean old racist snob. There’s no other reason to hate the most wonderful woman in the world.

/s

by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2020 9:04 PM

The "Black preacher" was the Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church USA, the American branch of the Anglican Communion of which the Church of England is part. So it seemed like a good idea on paper, Anglican, American, and Black. But he was too American.

Meghan had no real religious background but underwent a C of E baptism in preparation for the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 47October 12, 2020 9:15 PM

Whoever hated Meghan should just read Finding Freedom!

by Anonymousreply 48October 12, 2020 9:18 PM

R48, So they can hate her even more? I don't hate her, but find her a laughable creature. "The rising sun washed over her makeshift yoga garden, while an exotic flock of birds that looked as if they had just had their tails dipped in pots of colourful paints serenaded her."

by Anonymousreply 49October 12, 2020 9:39 PM

[quote] I don’t think Zara Tindall is considered part of the palace as she lives a private life.

I was joking. Obviously it was William and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2020 9:44 PM

R49, is that an actual quote?

My god.

by Anonymousreply 51October 12, 2020 10:00 PM

One thing I will say in defense of Meghan, and Diana, and Sarah, is that the courtiers seem more than happy to let these women fall on their faces. If the courtiers report to HM and they want these women to follow a specific way of dressing, behaving, what kind of engagements to pick and so on so as to be ‘on brand’ then why don’t they spell it out for them beforehand? The ‘grey men’ sound like a bunch of tattletale cunts that run to The Queen at every transgression and let the perceived damage keep happening instead of educating the person on what they’re doing wrong. The Queen should be running The Firm as the Japanese imperial court does, the Imperial Household Agency dictates EVERY detail of the public persona of the imperial family. Every woman is on-brand, from jewels to shoes to hair to how they fold their hands in public. There’s no fucking up because it’s all planned out beforehand. Of course, mouthy Meghan would rebel against it but this would be all laid out for her before marriage: this is how the role works, sign here.

by Anonymousreply 52October 12, 2020 10:01 PM

Its Camilla, bitches! She was left to speak Diana's truth - "Harry, you're being played".

by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2020 10:08 PM

[quote] The Queen should be running The Firm as the Japanese imperial court does, the Imperial Household Agency dictates EVERY detail of the public persona of the imperial family.

Obviously that system worked out so well for both me and my mother-in-law.

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2020 10:44 PM

Meghan McCain played the Palace. The Pslace is MY place!

by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2020 11:11 PM

R52 Sparkles was told what to do and had one of the queen's assistants assigned to her, as well as Amy Pickering, who is now running Will's Earthshot, I think. I guess it didn't occur to you that Sparkles fucked it up. She hated everything about itge BRF, and was there for the mobey grab, end of story.

by Anonymousreply 56October 12, 2020 11:20 PM

I agree completely r52. She knew what was up. She agreed, got the goods and then reneged because it was "too hard" and "no one helped her". JFC I can hear her whining now.

by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2020 11:36 PM

Oops I meant r56!

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2020 11:37 PM

R51, Yes, that's an actual quote. There's more. There's always more when the Duchess of Montecito is involved. "Meghan, however, threw him off immediately. It wasn’t just her charming freckles, perfect smile, or American accents. Meghan is someone who works a room very well. In social settings, all eyes are drawn to her. She laughs a little louder, glows a little brighter. She’s self-assured in a way that attracts attention."

by Anonymousreply 59October 13, 2020 12:00 AM

[quote]It wasn’t just her charming freckles, perfect smile, or American accents. Meghan is someone who works a room very well. In social settings, all eyes are drawn to her. She laughs a little louder, glows a little brighter. She’s self-assured in a way that attracts attention."

Gosh, you'd think she's be a successful 'actress in demand' then wouldn't you.

It's all just PR bafflegab.

by Anonymousreply 60October 13, 2020 12:29 AM

well if that’s the case and the courtiers really did try to help her (remember, both Diana and Fergie both claim they received none) then Me! is her own worst enemy, at least in terms of her brief life in The UK.

by Anonymousreply 61October 13, 2020 12:55 AM

[quote]r46 William hated her.

by Anonymousreply 62October 13, 2020 1:57 PM

R43 - The minister was brought in by Prince Charles. It was Charles' idea.

by Anonymousreply 63October 13, 2020 4:25 PM

It's "Pickerill", poached by Harry to be Meghan's Assistant Private Secretary, was announced as leaving her position to "move abroad" as soon as the Sussexes moved into Frogmore Cottage and the baby's arrival in May 2019. She was initially supposed to stay through the end of the year, but it was thought "sensible" that someone come in sooner so that they could be ready to take over when Meghan "returned to work" after maternity leave.

It was given out that Kensington Palace had "known for months" that Pickerill was leaving, which basically means that everyone knew that in the short time she had been working for Meghan, she'd already had it and was only sticking it out through loyalty to the BRF so her departure after such a short time didn't look too bad. It was all described as "amiable". The latter means they cut a deal by which Pickerill signed an NDA, nobody leaked any nasty stories about anybody or lodged accusations, and that after a decent interval, Pickerill could go back to working for the BRF.

Unsurprisngly, Pickerill did not "move abroad" but resurfaced back with the Cambridges as Director of Earthshot, which has also been in progress for more than two years - it's likely she knew about it, indicated interest in leaving being Meghan's dogsbody and becoming involved with Earthshot, and it was all handled nicely, for once.

What would you rather be? Director of a major initiative by the future King William V or Meghan Markle's gofer?

by Anonymousreply 64October 13, 2020 5:26 PM

Pickerell noted, thank you.

The Markle body count is so high I sometimes lose track.

by Anonymousreply 65October 13, 2020 5:35 PM

[quote] than a lazy scrounging paedophile rapist

There's been zero charges of paedophilia or rape against any member of the royal family. You're just being hysterical and shrill, and wildly extrapolating.

by Anonymousreply 66October 13, 2020 7:43 PM

Meghan is the kind of person who brings the animosity in with her, since her first and only question on entering any situation is, Who's For Me and Who's Against Me?

In her latest Zoom Punditry Performance, she referred to Harry's family as "the institution" and you could actually see the rage in her her eyes and tight jaw as she talked about the evils of social media . . . yes, the woman who last year tried to get Instagram to transfer over to her new account the "followers" she'd gathered on SussexRoyal, her wannabe Forever Royal platform.

She lies like a rug. She's filled with resentment and hate.

Others have recently commented on the rage radiating from her eyes and jawline as she talks about compassion and kindness and making the world a better place.

Given the noticeable shift in her expression, another not too veiled insult at her husband's family as she referred to them as "the institution", and the rumours of Harry being called back to the UK for a little talk with Gran, one wonders if something is at last up behind the scenes re the HRHs and titles.

Ms "Linked but not Ranked - this means more to me than you can know!" is still billing herself as Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.

They wanted to like her. But she made it impossible.

by Anonymousreply 67October 14, 2020 1:34 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if Harry is called back to the UK as soon as granny begins circling the drain, Charles is going to need the help in supporting the monarchy at home. Will and Kate can’t be expected to do it all, and the new focus of Charles’s monarchy is to be his wife and his children and their spouses, NOT his siblings or his mother’s cousins.

by Anonymousreply 68October 14, 2020 1:43 PM

While I get she is a B grade TV actress who I had heard of , her fame ,as such, is due entirely on her marriage to Harry. As a modern woman she played the oldest game in the book and then announced she was the ultimate independent woman, except she was a victim, the ultimate victim. I feel sorry for her. The Narcissism is high with her.

She will hate the hand that gives her the fame she desires. She will always use the Royal Family to show she is better ,but equal.

The saddest of all is Harry. It all comes back to Diana. Meghan is clearly the Diana substitute and the anger he must still feel after his mother’s death and the surreal way he was made the sacrificial lamb with his brother to walk behind her coffin to save the Monarchy and also because the Public demanded to see a display of mourning. That would have destroyed him.

by Anonymousreply 69October 14, 2020 2:16 PM

But it didn't "destroy" Will. Huh

by Anonymousreply 70October 14, 2020 4:02 PM

[quote]The saddest of all is Harry. It all comes back to Diana. Meghan is clearly the Diana substitute and the anger he must still feel after his mother’s death and the surreal way he was made the sacrificial lamb with his brother to walk behind her coffin to save the Monarchy and also because the Public demanded to see a display of mourning. That would have destroyed him.

Puh-lease. It was the wrong decision, having them walk behind the coffin, but it was TWENTY-THREE years ago. Harry is nearing 40 years old, how long is he going to milk that 20 minute walk for pity and continued victimhood?

It's not like they tied him to the back of the gun carriage and dragged him to the Abbey. It was a sombre, respectful accompaniment by her male relatives. They only walked part of the way, from St. James onwards. Besides, why did Harry say he was 'glad' he joined the funeral procession, back in 2017?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 14, 2020 7:09 PM

The denizens of Buckingham Palace hate anyone who marries into the RF who does not bow and scrape and act beholding for every breath of air they breathe. And I'm talking more of the staff rather than the Royal Family. I've read repeatedly that the Palace staff higher ups guard their positions and their power like mad and will not tolerate anyone, even someone who becomes part of the family, going against them.

by Anonymousreply 72October 14, 2020 8:00 PM

When you go to work for a company, you are expected to behave a certain way. The company is not going to change their way of doing things for the new arrival. If the new arrival doesn't like the way the company does things, they can always quit. It's also not good form to badmouth your former employer.

by Anonymousreply 73October 14, 2020 8:15 PM

[quote] Will and Kate can’t be expected to do it all,

If the only child Charles and Diana had was William Charles would find a way to do it all with just William and Kate's support.

Harry will never be called back to the UK. If he goes it will be because he wants to go. Don't expect to see that anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 74October 14, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote]In her latest Zoom Punditry Performance

Exactly. Punditry 'Performance'

by Anonymousreply 75October 14, 2020 10:57 PM

Once Charles becomes King he needs to give a great many of the current higher ups on the Buckingham Palace the chop. They are the ones responsible for creating such a bad environment.

by Anonymousreply 76October 14, 2020 10:59 PM

[quote] When you go to work for a company, you are expected to behave a certain way.

Unless the company has created a bad working environment. Just because a company has a certain atmosphere does not mean it's good and doesn't need to be changed.

by Anonymousreply 77October 14, 2020 11:01 PM

R77 Good luck with that. Newbies don't have much clout. You have to prove yourself and earn respect before you can think about throwing your weight around.

by Anonymousreply 78October 15, 2020 12:08 AM

Huh r76. He was behind the big push to give Lord Geidt "the chop", and he was one of the more strategic and effective courtiers to grace the halls of BP in recent times. I don't necessarily trust Charles to do any "chopping" once he's King.

by Anonymousreply 79October 15, 2020 12:10 AM

"current higher ups on Buckingham Palace" ...

Hello Megbots. I see your project of attempting to understand the BRF is not going so well. Good luck in future though.

by Anonymousreply 80October 15, 2020 1:57 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 16, 2020 12:19 PM

^*Social Dilemma"

by Anonymousreply 82October 16, 2020 12:20 PM

I don’t know what Meghan expected, she was always going to have to play second fiddle to the future first lady of the land. Nothing was ever going to change that.

by Anonymousreply 83October 16, 2020 12:45 PM

Some online posters have also traced this (quoted as one of Sparkle's) to Maya Angelou...

[quote] My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive...

by Anonymousreply 84October 17, 2020 4:56 PM

Meghan & Harry's videos are like high school skits. I look forward to her next skit, lol

by Anonymousreply 85October 17, 2020 11:19 PM

So, apparently the online offer to rent out the house on Rattlesnake/Mudslide ridge is still open - for $700 an hour.

Questions are now being raised as to who exactly owns that house.

Nothing is ever straightforward with Sparkle and Dim.

by Anonymousreply 86October 17, 2020 11:44 PM

I think that Markle began to look objectively at all the pics and footage of herself amid this family as it conducted its business in the public eye. Though she will never admit it publicly,, even she had to admit to herself that she was out of place. Harshly, she did not belong. Hey, Madonna, too, would have come to the same conclusion at some point.

by Anonymousreply 87October 18, 2020 12:03 AM

[Quote]The online offer to rent out the house on Rattlesnake/Mudslide ridge

What have I missed?

by Anonymousreply 88October 18, 2020 3:45 AM

For R88

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 18, 2020 6:02 AM

I believe the rental listing has been taken down. Either it was an oversight, or Harry and Meghan hoped no one would notice and they could make some extra bucks.

Saying that Meghan looked at photos of herself with the BRF in public and realised she "didn't belong" is bullshit. They bent over backwards for her, despite getting very early on a glimpse of what they were in for as the wedding preparations went on. It was Meghan herself who refused to behave as if she belonged. Her view, obviously, was that they should accommodate her, rather than having gotten in and agreed to perform as a working royal, she should have actually dressed and behaved like one.

All you have to do is look at the outfit Meghan chose for the BP balcony appearance celebrating the RAF's 100th birthday: everyone else dressed in spring pastels, and there's Meghan, in an outfit that she clearly thought made her look like Audrey Hepburn in Love in the Afternoon or, depending on your point of view, a married woman in her forties out for an afternoon assignation with a young lover, or a rich widow at the Reading of the Will in the Libarary. A black or as close to it as a computer screen would show (a poke in the eye right off the bat at the Queen) cocktail dress.

The ensemble was totally inappropriate, especially next to the quietly but beautifully dressed Kate in her pale blue, beautiful hat, and RAF brooch. Kate looked royal, Meghan looked like the catty arriviste she was.

It was clearly Meghan's intention to stand out, not to belong, and she succeeded, and then blamed the BRF for having any expectations of her fitting in at all. Fitting in was never her goal: standing out and gaining the global platform she knew she could take out with her as soon as possible was, and it showed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 18, 2020 1:08 PM

I think the event rental listing for the Sussexes house was from before they bought the house.

by Anonymousreply 91October 19, 2020 1:11 PM

I think there's some truth in the story and it stems from rumours or actual information about MM's past, specifically that she, Misha Nonoo and Jessica Mulroney have some history of yachting. The courtiers would certainly have felt contempt for her on this basis, as well as Harry and Wills' aristo circle. However, there were those who were assigned to help her, ie Samantha Cohen, and those who reached out to her for Harry's sake, ie the York girls.

by Anonymousreply 92October 20, 2020 1:36 AM

I think the dark dress was one of many outfit blunders, there was also the time she wore a plunging neckline (almost off the shoulders) when the rest of the Windsors were buttoned up to the neck. Then there was the time the Queen took her for an outing and MM failed to wear a hat.

by Anonymousreply 93October 20, 2020 10:04 PM

And in classic fashion, Meghan and her PR keep attempting to trample on any news cycle involving the Cambridges - and then bleat about humane tech and a kind digital world.

The Cambridges released their plans via a new website for eight programmes aimed at assisting military veterans. You know, actual plans about actually doing something that actually materially can help actual people.

The next day, the Harkles rushed out and gave to HELLO! Magazine (a UK publication) as an "exclusive" a screen shot of the ;anding page of their new Archewell Foundation website, but looking remarkably like the one the Cambridges had put out. Only, of course, the Archewell site has no real programming on it.. But, mustn't let grass grow under one's feet, must one!

Despite the attempt, the Archewell story is well below the "fold" so to speak on HELLO's landing page, you have to scroll down to find it, but the Cambridges and their plans for the October half-term is up top in much bigger print.

But one must give Meghan her due: she never gives up trying to put the boot in to the people she hates with a burning passion that she just can't hide - despite the fact that without them she would be a nearly 40 year old fading d-list actress facing professional and personal oblivion.

I wonder if the penny's dropped for the Queen yet?

by Anonymousreply 94October 22, 2020 1:05 PM

The Sussexes have left the building and are not going back to the UK. Just ignore them if you do not like them.

by Anonymousreply 95October 22, 2020 1:39 PM

r95, we would forget them if they would only leave us alone, only they won't .

by Anonymousreply 96October 22, 2020 2:16 PM

Harry is a royal and will always have gossip interest attached to him. Markle: little to no interest in her and her potato headed child.

by Anonymousreply 97October 22, 2020 3:20 PM

R97 - This is no reason ever to be mean, snarky and/or bitchy to an innocent child.

by Anonymousreply 98October 22, 2020 3:39 PM

According to the latest Lady CC video, MM told her PR people that she wanted to be the most famous person in the world.

And that means she wants ATTENTION. Any attention. And bad publicity is better than no publicity at all. So, no, I'm afraid she will not stop with all the "LOOK AT ME" stuff.

Harry, on the other hand, who knows? I doubt he's living the life he thought he would be living when he jumped ship, and I sometimes wonder what he talks about to the people that MM is trying to attract to "their" brand. He's not very bright, probably dumb, and can he be a sparkling conversationalist?

It's Archie I feel sorry for.

by Anonymousreply 99October 22, 2020 4:03 PM

is ‘Lady’ CC part of the Windsor social circle?

by Anonymousreply 100October 22, 2020 4:38 PM

R100 - Yea, No, Sorta.

by Anonymousreply 101October 22, 2020 4:58 PM

We all know what Meghan wanted, but as R99 points out, it's harder to figure out Harry.

Harry, I believe, shares his mother's propensity for fantasist assumptions about how Things Will Be If I Only I Can . . . fill in the blank: Marry Charles and become Princess of Wales! Marry a wife whose glamour will help me outshine my older brother even he IS going to be King one day! Put the boot into the family that I blame for every lousy feeling I have after which the lousy feelings will melt like snow in June! etc., etc.

Harry's been acting out to deal with his feelings of inferiority for more than a decade. The handwriting was on the wall long before he met Meghan - e.g., when at his father's 50th birthday party, organised by the two Wales brothers, a 14 year old Harry stripped naked and ran around the room starkers, mortifying the guests, his father, and his brother.

And his feelings of inferiority are not merely the result of being the "Spare". He has dyslexia, was a terrible student. was passed through Sandhurst because of his name, not his abilities, couldn't pass the Major's exam and so got an honorary Major rank from his Gran. His brother is no genius, but managed to get at least a respectable academic degree in a fine university.

William outranks him, is taller, doesn't have dyslexia, managed a uni degree, was a helicopter rescue pilot, sowed his wild oats and then married a nice Home Counties girl who over a decade has proved herself to be exactly what the monarchical doctor ordered, and a first-class breeder - three adorable kids one after the other because she began at 30 instead of 37, and with the birth of the first one turned Harry into the adjacent, rather than direct line . . .

It was hopeless for a man who wasn't self-aware and mature enough to see the glass for what it was compared to the rest of the world: considerably more than half-full.

Harry must have figured that his only hope of distinguishing himself was to marry defiantly . . . and in so doing, cutting off his nose to spite his face.

I imagine that Meghan Markle is a far harsher task-mistress than Harry's Gran ever was.

by Anonymousreply 102October 22, 2020 6:13 PM

Very good, R102.

Does Harry really have dyslexia? I've never heard that.

by Anonymousreply 103October 22, 2020 6:17 PM

Bite me R98. This is DL.

by Anonymousreply 104October 22, 2020 6:25 PM

[R103] - Yes, which explains at least part of his academic performance, although one assumed that he got the best help imaginable. Still, other people have learned to cope with dyslexia and gone on to academic excellence. I believe Princess Eugenie is also dyslexic, but don't quote me on that, I haven't looked it up.

The thing is, Harry isn't a "coper". He's been surrounded by people erecting cushions around him all his life to minimise his discomfort and dissatisfaction. Max Hastings was right when he wrote this early last year:

Leaving the military, which gave Harry purpose, structure, comrades, pride, and something separate from William, was the worst decision Harry ever made. That, and not marrying the fun-loving and lovable Chelsy, the daughter of a hugely wealthy man with land in South Africa, who didn't need Harry's title for wealth or status.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 22, 2020 6:50 PM

Harry kept his looks though, he’s got that at least. He’s bald on his crown but his hair is striking colored, William developed a bean-shaped head and his slim tailored clothes give him a Nosferatu appearance. I don’t know what Harry is going to do about his hair though, eventually that bald spot is going to look ridiculous and he might have to do something dramatic like William did. In that case, he might be screwed and become just another dopey looking Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 106October 22, 2020 7:46 PM

Harry didn't have a choice of whether to marry Chelsy, R105. [italic]She[/italic] didn't want to marry him.

by Anonymousreply 107October 22, 2020 8:32 PM

Harry kept his looks ..... oh my sides! Squinty red penis head Friar Tuck lookin Harry kept the looks he never had

Too funny

by Anonymousreply 108October 23, 2020 12:55 AM

it’s true, Harry has a rugged sexual energy that is way higher than Williams. I mean, William will be king eventually and he married an English rose, so he has the upper hand. He’ll be the second coming of Elizabeth II: sturdy, stable, traditional.

but Harry is more the Alpha in temperament.

by Anonymousreply 109October 23, 2020 1:36 AM

What r108 said.

by Anonymousreply 110October 23, 2020 1:36 AM

the only non-Alpha thing about Harry is that he was taken in by the grifter Negress.

by Anonymousreply 111October 23, 2020 1:38 AM

Another vote for R108's response. Scraggly teeth, balding scraggly hair, the bony nose he got from Prince Philip and his father becoming more prominent along with his bald spot, and an almost startling loss of vibrancy.

It's William who, despite the baldness, looks more and more like his mother (he has her nose instead of the Mountbatten one), seems to have filled out rather than shrunk, and appears more assured and commanding with each passing year.

Charles is going to be hard put to claim the lion's share of the light when HM goes and Charles ascends for what everyone knows will be a much briefer reign, and all eyes are, instead, looking past him at the increasingly seasoned William and his perfect consort . . .

by Anonymousreply 112October 23, 2020 12:47 PM

Him being ginger is pretty much THE ONLY thing that makes Harry somewhat interesting in terms of looks. Let's face it, he'd look rather boring with, say, brown hair.

Once the hair is gone, Harry will look fucking plain and dumb. Unlike William who looks pretty alpha now that he has finally come to term with going bald.

by Anonymousreply 113October 23, 2020 4:29 PM

R112 - Perfectly lazy William and his perfectly lazy consort.

by Anonymousreply 114October 23, 2020 5:50 PM

One note celebitchy is on the thread

by Anonymousreply 115October 23, 2020 9:41 PM

Charles will have a short reign, that’s just human biology. He won’t be able to reign 60+ years, as he’s coming to the throne in his 70s. I strongly suspect his reign will be a sharp contrast to his mother’s, and it will be something similiar to the reign of Edward VII in that he’ll throw aside some of the stodgy traditions of his mother and have a very fashionable, glittering, lively court as Edward VII did. It will be a huge novelty to having a king again, after his mother’s long reign. Camilla, as queen, will be showered in all the diamonds of the house, as is her right and as his beloved wife. It will last a short time though, as Charles already looks like he’s got health problems. William’s reign will be like George V, a return to tradition. William’s court will be like his grandmothers. It will be less glittering because he’s got a longer game to play. But it will be respectable and sturdy and country oriented with dogs and horses and all that.

by Anonymousreply 116October 23, 2020 11:24 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 25, 2020 12:59 PM

Why do they look so alike? It's eery.

by Anonymousreply 118October 25, 2020 7:50 PM

the Mail strategically used a photo of the two of them on a yacht, LOL.

Yacht girls gonna yacht

by Anonymousreply 119October 25, 2020 8:15 PM

When will Sparkle be in the UK for the trial?

by Anonymousreply 120October 25, 2020 8:58 PM

R119, I don't think she was a prostitution whore- she's never been attractive enough. She's cute at best and has an absolutely too weird barrel body to sell it. From where do the yachting rumors originate? There are legit models and A list actress allegedly yachting- how's tubsy freckle face squeaking her way in?

by Anonymousreply 121October 25, 2020 10:02 PM

Sparkles lawsuit begins January 11th. We can take bets on whether or not she will try to withdraw; who the 5 Friends are and whether or not they will testify; chances of Sparkles appearing live in person in front of the British public who hate her to testify in an action she could lose.

Fun!

by Anonymousreply 122October 25, 2020 11:57 PM

I'm still wondering who the a******s are that the Mulroney woman is referring to in her twitter post.

by Anonymousreply 123October 26, 2020 12:06 AM

R120 - Trial is set for 11 January, so one assumes that the Harkles will sail in a few days earlier to meet with Meghan's solicitors, staying at Frogmore (you can bet your arse the paps will be staking Frogmore out to catch any signs of life there a week before the trial starts). Harry will probably take the opportunity to meet with his Gran and his Da, at least. Anyone's guess if he'll see William, or if the BRF in its desperation to hold this We're Still A Family! story together will issue a few well-chosen images of Harry and/or Sparkle arriving at Windsor to pay a courtesy call on HM.

I cannot imagine that after all the mud Meghan The Champion Of A Humane Digital World slung at Kate, especially, through what she glaringly fed to the Scobie book and nasty stories leaked through Lainey, Nicole Cliffe, and Sunshine Sachs PR, that Kate and Meghan will ever show up in a Happy Families Photo Op again. Even dutiful Kate has her limits, and besides, I doubt William would countenance it.

Given that January will be only three months before the "year end review" of the "arrangement", it might also be an opportunity for Gran and Charles to raise some impending issues with Harry: his citizenship, his HRH, his ducal title, and where he thinks he'll be in five years.

Charles is a bit like his mother: he prefers to hide from difficult conversations and let stronger men (viz. to wit: his older son and heir) to be thrown under the bus instead for taking the stronger line that should have been taken much earlier.

by Anonymousreply 124October 26, 2020 1:25 PM

I think you're having a daydream. The Harkles will never set foot in Frogmore, and none of the BRF will be seen to have entertained them during Sparkles' trial, especially "Gran."

There will be no "talks" about megxit in January -- it's all been long decided. Come March a polite carefully worded letter will be issued. The End.

by Anonymousreply 125October 26, 2020 2:29 PM

The Sussexes have left the building and they are not coming back.

by Anonymousreply 126October 26, 2020 4:28 PM

Charles has zero influence. The palace courtiers and HM regard William as the Alpha and Charles is simply a rubber stamp. Hence, Harry and Meghan’s exile. William insisted on it.

by Anonymousreply 127October 26, 2020 4:57 PM

Hate to say but I agree with r125. It's all long done and decided and all that's left is the public statements.

by Anonymousreply 128October 26, 2020 5:08 PM

The assertion that Charles, next in line, has "zero influence" is laughable, I don't believe that for a second. Although Will is coming into his own, he is not the Alpha -- how very sexist of you, and right in front of my face.

by Anonymousreply 129October 26, 2020 6:33 PM

Whoops, ^^ that really was Elizabth R, not that other nobody.

by Anonymousreply 130October 26, 2020 6:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!