Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tatum O'Neal suicidal

"Actress Tatum O’Neal was allegedly suicidal and threatened to jump off the balcony of a home in Los Angeles last month, a report said Sunday.

Cops responded to a call for a suicidal person who said she wanted to take a leap at the property and ended up transporting the “Paper Moon’’ and “Bad News Bears’’ star to a local hospital, according to the website TMZ, citing law-enforcement sources."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356October 20, 2020 2:37 PM

Isnt she crazy? Not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2020 7:11 PM

It's to distinguish which clan was more fucked up. The O'Neils or the Phillips.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2020 7:14 PM

We all are, hon. Can't you at least wait until November 3rd?

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2020 7:15 PM

Poor Tatum. She's so fucked up, I don't think she'll ever get her head right, no thanks to her equally fucked up dad.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2020 7:29 PM

I feel bad for her. Mental illness is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2020 7:33 PM

Did her father have sex with her? I know she was passed around as a kid to adult men but now I wonder if her father molested her.

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2020 7:35 PM

She’s been talking to her dad again. Every time they spend time together she spins out

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2020 7:38 PM

She bores me.

She's not clever enough to be entertaining, she's not pretty enough to be attractive and she's not talented enough to be successful. Plus she's a drug addict. She's had years and years of public melt-downs, tons of opportunities to get psychiatric help and she prefers destructive chaos.

Go ahead and jump, honey.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2020 7:39 PM

Who wore crazy better Tatum or McKenzie?

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2020 7:40 PM

Impossible to say, R6. Even if she said it happened, would you find her credible? And if Ryan denied it, would you find HIM credible?

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2020 7:41 PM

R8 Okay, Kristy McNichol.

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2020 7:41 PM

Don’t do it, honey! You’ll mess up that beautiful bone struc-shuh

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2020 7:46 PM

Today's Blind Items - The 12 Year Old It has been said before that this B+ list celebrity offspring lost her virginity when she was in her early teens to an actor in his 20's back in the day. That was always bad enough, especially considering it was her mother who initiated that "romance" to get herself a part. However, it gets worse. Apparently from the time this B+ list offspring ALL of you know reached the age of 5 or 6 she had been molested by several permanent A+ list actors and directors. She was passed around between these men so her mother could keep getting roles and keeping her fame. When our offspring turned 12, the mom decided to raise the stakes and auctioned off the virginity of her daughter. It was won by this permanent A+++ list mostly movie actor who sweated his way through two or three minutes of sex with the tween. It was not that far into the future that he paid for the services of the offspring again with another female tween who ALL of you also know. Apparently he made them do things with other men while he directed the action and distributed the drugs. He especially kept the two teens well fed and high on drugs during the entire 12 hour ordeal where they each were forced to be with multiple men and women including the father of one of the young women.

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2020 7:47 PM

Today's Blind Items - Messed Up I was going to use a stronger word in the title because this is something that blew my mind. There have always been rumors about it, but this past week, one of the participants admitted to me it happened. The person who told it to me is a permanent B list mostly movie actress who is a celebrity offspring and has celebrity offspring too. Way back in the day when she was barely legal, she seduced a female friend who was not even a teenager and gave her the first sexual experience of her life. For the second sexual experience of her life, she had the tween join our actress and the tween's dad in a threesome.

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2020 7:48 PM

R14 = Mel G?

by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2020 7:51 PM

These blinds always seem like Drew, Tatum, Jack and Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2020 7:52 PM

Drugs rewire and restructure your brain in ways that won’t be noticeable until years later. Some people have it worse than others and it seems like she’s messed up worse than she lets on in public.

by Anonymousreply 17October 11, 2020 8:13 PM

Drugs rewire and restructure your brain in ways that won’t be noticeable until years later. Some people have it worse than others and it seems like she’s messed up worse than she lets on in public.

by Anonymousreply 18October 11, 2020 8:13 PM

She should give up on trying to have any type of relationship with her father. He's a POS. Not sure what she's been doing all of these years, but maybe she should have just gotten an education and a normal job.

by Anonymousreply 19October 11, 2020 8:21 PM

She’s almost 60. Hope she an pull herself together at this late stage.

by Anonymousreply 20October 11, 2020 8:23 PM

R9 I think that went into penalty kicks 🦵

by Anonymousreply 21October 11, 2020 8:28 PM

Aren't we all?

by Anonymousreply 22October 11, 2020 8:29 PM

Her life is SAD. I read an article (if I remember correctly) where she talked about McEnroe literally kicking her ass from the upstairs master bedroom down the stairs and out the door — and she was either holding their newborn while he kicked her over and over in the ass, or maybe she was pregnant? I think I read her book.

It’s actually a miracle that she’s alive, Tatum, just hang on, this too shall pass.

by Anonymousreply 23October 11, 2020 8:37 PM

She should sell her Beverly Hills home, move to the East Coast, and start a new life. She could find a sense of purpose and work on her mental health issues.

by Anonymousreply 24October 11, 2020 8:42 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 11, 2020 8:57 PM

Seems like Tatum is looking for friendships (or maybe more) in odd places. Remember Tatum and Rosie O'Donnell? I'm speculating, but it seems like Tatum wanted to become Rosie's partner, but Rosie only goes for 20-years-younger women (same as any mega-rich baller who likes women, I guess).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 11, 2020 9:10 PM

Jesus, R26. Rosie actually looks better than Tatum in that picture. She was so cute at one time!

by Anonymousreply 27October 11, 2020 9:45 PM

I enjoyed reading her memoir, she and her brother grew up feral.

Mom was an active addict for most of her life, dad is a shitbag. Everyone used cocaine in the 1980s and her ex used cocaine occasionally. He was an athlete in his prime and hyper focused on his career He had a huge stash of excellent quality coke Tatum consumed in a short period of time. He asked her "Did you use it all"? and was genuinely surprised at her appetite for drugs.

by Anonymousreply 28October 11, 2020 10:21 PM

Crazy addict Joanna Moore only made it to 63. Tatum has basically turned into her mother.

by Anonymousreply 29October 11, 2020 10:29 PM

QAnon fans take note: when children are abused and trafficked, the first place to look for perpetrators is within their social circle. Often within their families.

by Anonymousreply 30October 11, 2020 10:30 PM

She should have moved far away from Hollywood after the McEnroe divorce. Settled down in the midwest somewhere. She could have taught acting at a university. She would have been a hot property. An oscar winner with a decent resume. Do regional theatre.

The problem is she can't get away from Hollywood and more importantly Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 31October 11, 2020 10:41 PM

Oh fuck.

I'm more worried about the Tatum O'Neil troll going on another thread bender now.

by Anonymousreply 32October 11, 2020 10:45 PM

I am confused. Is the rumor that Jack Nicholson had sex with Tatum or Drew when they were tweens, or both? Tatum is much older than Drew.

Ryan O’Neal is really sketch. Didn’t he beat up Farrah? That whole family is messed up.

by Anonymousreply 33October 11, 2020 10:45 PM

I’m sorry, but I have no idea who her mother was. Tatum and Ryan, yes. Joanna Moore? Who? She pimped her daughter out for a few lines on a show that no one remembers? What a loser cunt.

Does Ryan O’Neal have one kid who is okay?

by Anonymousreply 34October 11, 2020 10:48 PM

Ryan's only child with Farrah is a meth addict in prison for attempted murder. Ryan is a shit who failed his responsibility as a parent.

by Anonymousreply 35October 11, 2020 10:51 PM

B+ list celebrity offspring: Tatum O’Neal

Parents: Ryan O’Neal, Joanna Moore

A+++ actor: Marlon Brando

Female tween: Melanie Griffith

Father of one of the young women: Ryan O’Neal

by Anonymousreply 36October 11, 2020 10:52 PM

Patrick O’Neal turned out pretty much okay but he was raised by mother Leigh Taylor-Young and didn’t spend much time with Ryan. Patrick did come to Ryan’s defense when Tatum (and/or Griffin) was bad-mouthing him in the press but it felt weak since he wasn’t there to see the daily shit Tatum and Griffin dealt with.

by Anonymousreply 37October 11, 2020 10:54 PM

Ryan was outed as a woman beater in Angelica Houston's memoir

by Anonymousreply 38October 11, 2020 10:55 PM

Ryan O'Neal did fail as a parent and as a human being.

Once Tatum got free of him, she became him. As an adult she owns the responsibility for her life and the choices she has continued to make.

by Anonymousreply 39October 11, 2020 10:56 PM

R38, Didn't she say that Ryan severely head butted her?

by Anonymousreply 40October 11, 2020 11:08 PM

I've tried to empathize with her over the years, but at what point is she going to take responsibility for her health and actions and grow the fuck up? If she really is that crazy, she needs to be committed for the long-term.

by Anonymousreply 41October 11, 2020 11:09 PM

I have two words for Tatum.

Dana Plato

by Anonymousreply 42October 11, 2020 11:12 PM

R24, that's what Liz Smith once said about Barbra Streisand.

by Anonymousreply 43October 11, 2020 11:13 PM

Sex with a parent messes you up for life. She needs to stop looking for repair with her father/lover.

by Anonymousreply 44October 11, 2020 11:34 PM

Like Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall, Tatum O'Neal lost her charisma once she exited her teen years.

They were self-possessed and precocious as teenagers, but grew up to become awkward, self-serious adults.

by Anonymousreply 45October 11, 2020 11:44 PM

Why is she not besties with Mackenzie Phillips?

by Anonymousreply 46October 11, 2020 11:47 PM

R32 that was a very frightening summer

by Anonymousreply 47October 11, 2020 11:48 PM

The Tatum O'Neal Troll=Tatum O'Neal

by Anonymousreply 48October 11, 2020 11:55 PM

"It’s actually a miracle that she’s alive, Tatum, just hang on, this too shall pass."

No, it won't pass. Like Mackenzie Phillips, Tatum needs INTENSIVE long term therapy to be able to deal with real life. So far, she hasn't gone there.

by Anonymousreply 49October 11, 2020 11:58 PM

[quote]Sex with a parent messes you up for life.

Only if they are unattractive. Sex with a gorgeous movie star parent would be different.

by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2020 12:12 AM

I am genuinely surprised that’s she hasn’t overdosed or killed herself yet

by Anonymousreply 51October 12, 2020 12:15 AM

She is an example of a person who is just always going to be an addict. I honestly don’t blame her for being an addict. It’s just who she is destined to be - between genetics and early exposure/addiction that has permanently wired her brain and personality. She never should have had kids. Otherwise, let her live on drugs - like in one of those heroin colonies in Portugal. Just minimize the damage to others and let her live on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 52October 12, 2020 12:25 AM

R16 I think the Blind is Tatum, Melanie Griffith, Ryan, and Jack.

Melanie is the one who confirmed it. She is the celebrity offspring of Tippi and Dakota is the celebrity offspring of Melanie.

by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2020 12:49 AM

It's definitely Mel G. I know I've heard that story from somewhere else before.

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2020 12:51 AM

The time frame is wrong for Mel Gibson.

by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2020 12:53 AM

Even though she’s been in shitty movies at least meanies daughter seems to have her head on straight.

by Anonymousreply 56October 12, 2020 12:55 AM

Mel G = Melanie Griffith. She had a friendship with Tatum and even took her to Europe with her and left there or some shit. She was fucking Ryan at time.

by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2020 12:55 AM

Sorry. I thought you meant Mel Gibson was the A++++ actor.

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2020 1:02 AM

R57 I've read that about Melanie and Tatum. It may have been from an excerpt from Tatum's book.

by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2020 1:03 AM

In her memoir Tatum wrote Mel used her to get to her dad Ryan. She wrote she was involved in a grotesque group sex while under aged with Mel and the actress from Last Tango in Paris, there were men involved whose names were not mentioned. Tatum did write boundaries were crossed and drugs were involved.

by Anonymousreply 60October 12, 2020 1:05 AM

Yes. It's in Tatum's memoir, "A Paper Life."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 12, 2020 1:12 AM

Mel is another with a fucked up story. Also a drug addict but I suspect it may be just pills and booze now. But she's equally crazy and was herself a willing pass around with Hollywood types at a very young age.

by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2020 1:13 AM

Stop with this “Mel” shit. Melanie G is Melanie Griffith - Mel is Mel Gibson. Mel G is and always will be Mel Gibson.

Melanie is who they are referring to in the blind.

by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2020 1:21 AM

R37 Patrick’s grandparents (Ryan’s mom and dad) and boarding schools are where Patrick spent a lot of his early childhood. He moved in with Ryan as a teen and they have gotten along pretty well. Leigh Taylor young has been a part of the new age spiritual crap for years and Ryan has had to bail her out financially several times.

Ryan invested in Southern California real estate in the early 70s and it has made him millions of dollars. He has lived in the same house in Malibu since the 70s that he paid a $125k for back then.

by Anonymousreply 64October 12, 2020 1:43 AM

Rosie ironically said this and It applies here. The statue of limitations runs out on what your parents did to you in 1975. At a certain point you have to own your shit. I have a ton sympathy for her. I really do. But we all have demons. Grow up and face them and quit hanging on to the past. I hope she gets better.

by Anonymousreply 65October 12, 2020 1:50 AM

Tatum will certainly kill herself someday, it’s inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 66October 12, 2020 1:53 AM

A long term stint at Betty Ford might save her but I doubt she has the funds.

by Anonymousreply 67October 12, 2020 2:24 AM

It’s too late for rehab. Even someone like Carrie Fisher who had a less fucked up childhood and better success with rehab and recovery ended up dying from drugs. Tatum has about a 1% chance of staying clean - she should just enjoy her final years and try to manage her drug intake to minimize damage and stay alive as long as she can.

by Anonymousreply 68October 12, 2020 2:29 AM

Ryan has described himself as a hands on parent who allowed his children to be around drugs. Now we know he molested and assaulted his own daughter. Chester Molester - be gone!

by Anonymousreply 69October 12, 2020 2:58 AM

I smell the Tatum hater/Ryan apologist on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 70October 12, 2020 3:22 AM

It’s too bad that she’s so fucked up she can’t just walk away from her old life and start fresh. She’d be better off living in Ohio working at a wal mart

by Anonymousreply 71October 12, 2020 3:31 AM

What shall we bet that ol Pops O'Neal leaves everything to the Farrah Foundation and nothing to Tatum?

by Anonymousreply 72October 12, 2020 3:33 AM

I liked her in that Run Bambi Run movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 12, 2020 3:43 AM

Fully expect Ryan to fuck Tatum out of an inheritence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 12, 2020 4:19 AM

Poor thing. She is also suffering from rheumatoid arthritis....

by Anonymousreply 75October 12, 2020 4:41 AM

There are people on DL who think wealthy people are on easy street because of wealth. Tatum's fucked up childhood means she will never find stability.

I just remember Cher saying Tatum stayed with her when Tatum was young. Cher had to start locking her bedroom door. Tatum was so starved for attention that she wouldn't leave Cher alone. "

by Anonymousreply 76October 12, 2020 5:34 AM

R74

I wouldn't leave a dime to her when I died either. She would squander it on booze/drugs.

by Anonymousreply 77October 12, 2020 6:03 AM

You can bet I'm not in Pop's will.

by Anonymousreply 78October 12, 2020 6:10 AM

Some people can use drugs for fun for a couple of years and then walk away and never look back.

Some people use drugs a few times, and they'll be hooked for life. The problem is that you don't know if you're one of these people until it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 79October 12, 2020 6:21 AM

Agreed, you have until youre 28/30 to know which way you will fall.

by Anonymousreply 80October 12, 2020 6:24 AM

Mel G is scary 🧟‍♀️ spice

by Anonymousreply 81October 12, 2020 12:27 PM

" She is also suffering from rheumatoid arthritis...."

Then Tatum is on lots of drugs for that, plus steroids. The medication can affect the mind adversely.

by Anonymousreply 82October 12, 2020 3:42 PM

R49, I wrote that in case she’s reading this thread. Try giving people hope, duh.

by Anonymousreply 83October 12, 2020 3:58 PM

I remained Ryan's companion on the Hollywood party circuit, growing inured to sex and drugs before I was in my teens,' Tatum writes. When she complained to her father that he was sleeping with her best friend [Melanie], who, at 18, was six years older, Ryan invited her to sleep in the same bed. 'I often did sleep in my father's bed, even when he had women over,' she writes.

by Anonymousreply 84October 12, 2020 4:01 PM

How's Tatum's lesbian life working these days? I take it it wasn't as successful as she's hoped.

by Anonymousreply 85October 12, 2020 5:00 PM

I distinctly remember in 2011 when Tatum was hawking her 2nd book, 'Found: A Daughter's Journey Home'. It coincided with her reality show on OWN with her father, entitled 'Ryan & Tatum: The O'Neals'. I happened to catch Tatum's interview with Joy Behar (during the short time Joy had her own show), and Joy kept asking Tatum personal questions. All Tatum could do was deflect..."It's in the book," or--better yet--"I wrote about that in my first book." The first rule of hawking a new book is to give a few juicy tidbits away...Joy could barely get anything out of Tatum, except vague recollections, tired anecdotes, or regurgitations of catch phrases she'd learned in therapy and AA/etc. It became apparent to me that she never fully dealt with whatever happened between her and her father in her childhood. Until she does, she either needs to cut him off, or get as far away from him as possible. No doubt part of the reason she's still trying to ingratiate herself to him is for financial reasons (as the poster above pointed out, his Malibu house will be worth millions when he dies). The one admission I recall from her during the Joy Behar interview is that her father hit on her on the sidewalk after Farrah's funeral...he saw her from behind and thought she was a cute blonde he could bed. Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 86October 12, 2020 5:02 PM

She hasn't been on Instagram in ages after being a regular presence for years, and her daughter has disabled her own IG account.

by Anonymousreply 87October 12, 2020 5:07 PM

[quote] The one admission I recall from her during the Joy Behar interview is that her father hit on her on the sidewalk after Farrah's funeral...he saw her from behind and thought she was a cute blonde he could bed. Tragic.

Yes, I remember that anecdote. Give up on Ryan, Tatum.

by Anonymousreply 88October 12, 2020 5:24 PM

It’s probably hard for her to say “I was having sex with my father and his friends starting at age 12” on TV.

by Anonymousreply 89October 12, 2020 5:28 PM

[quote] It’s probably hard for her to say “I was having sex with my father and his friends starting at age 12” on TV.

That's probably coming in her third book. Mackenzie Phillips already broke that barrier, so, it's possible.

by Anonymousreply 90October 12, 2020 5:33 PM

She seems lovely and really delicate. I had a horrendous, abusive and deeply narcissistic mother. The only thing that saved me was cutting off all contact at 28. I then was able to recover, get sober, find love, etc.

She needs to never speak with her father agin.

by Anonymousreply 91October 12, 2020 5:33 PM

Ryan has bad sperm. I guess that one offspring of beat the odds.

by Anonymousreply 92October 12, 2020 5:51 PM

Yeah, but is there anybody more evil than Jack fucking Nicholson? His name pops up in so many shady stories about Hollywood. Didn't he pimp out Lara Flynn Boyle and essentially drive her insane?

by Anonymousreply 93October 12, 2020 5:58 PM

What a horrible person you are, R8.

by Anonymousreply 94October 12, 2020 6:06 PM

If my father were an 80 year-old alcoholic who was sitting on a house in Malibu that had a market value of millions, you bet your ass I'd be trying to stay in his good graces no matter how fucked up he is. I'll be on the phone to a real estate agent before the coroner even arrives.

CHA-CHING baby!

by Anonymousreply 95October 12, 2020 6:09 PM

I was wondering who the A+++ actor was. Marlon Brando sounds right. But Jack N would qualify?

She is never going to get over the abuse and her needy love for her father. As a child she was sleeping with her father and his lover(it was a threesome but she won't say it) and she was probably filled with insane jealousy. Griffin seems to imply he was abused as well and in ways he will not discuss in detail though he has discussed the emotional abuse and the violence. When Ryan dies if Tatum outlives him she is going to go into a tailspin from which she will never recover. At this point death can be her only release.

And remember when Joanna Moore Tatum's mother was seven her entire family was killed in a car accident. Her mother and sister immediately and her father a year later from sustained injuries. Then there is probably the physical and emotional abuse she suffered at the hands of Ryan. Was he pimping her out as well for roles? A nightmare from which you can never escape.

by Anonymousreply 96October 12, 2020 6:33 PM

[quote] If my father were an 80 year-old alcoholic who was sitting on a house in Malibu that had a market value of millions, you bet your ass I'd be trying to stay in his good graces no matter how fucked up he is.

I see your point, R95, but with certain people, you never know if they are even going to leave you in their will.

I recently looked at the trust / will of a family member (she wanted me to be the trustee) and I was surprised at the distribution. Plus, this family member did not seem like she was done deciding who / how much each person would get. I was rolling my eyes. I hate it when people constantly adjust their wills, depending on who is currently in favor.

I ended up saying no to being trustee.

by Anonymousreply 97October 12, 2020 7:10 PM

You've got to know that Ryan will leave Tatum a dollar in his will "for reasons that are well known to her."

by Anonymousreply 98October 12, 2020 7:16 PM

I liked her guest starring role on SATC. She did a great job.

I wish her well.

by Anonymousreply 99October 12, 2020 7:19 PM

I think the man Joanna Moore married after Ryan was abusive to Tatum and a Griffin.

Tatum did a podcast a few years back called “Tatum Verbatim “ that expands on what she put in the books I recommend listening if you’re interested in her story.

. In one of the episodes she interviews Griffin and they talk about the death of Francis Ford Coppola’s son. It’s sad and the amount of guilt and remorse Griffin carries around is telling. He is a broken man-and yes I know he is a murderer whose drug use caused that accident.

Ryan’s only concern after that happened was that Coppola would never agree to work Farrah or himself again.

by Anonymousreply 100October 12, 2020 7:38 PM

This is what I want to know:

Ryan had a lot of famous girlfriends (Diana Ross, Barbra Streisand, etc.). Were any of them involved in these incestuous threesomes?

by Anonymousreply 101October 12, 2020 7:45 PM

Griffin O'Neal in a hilarious (and sad) interview with Larry King, no holds barred, talking about Ryan O'Neal & Farrah Fawcett (who had died).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 12, 2020 7:46 PM

[quote] Ryan had a lot of famous girlfriends (Diana Ross, Barbra Streisand, etc.). Were any of them involved in these incestuous threesomes?

Geez, I would say not Barbra and not Diana Ross, either.

Melanie Griffith was young (when the alleged, incestuous 3-some occurred), plus MG also was in a relationship with Don Johnson when she was 14 and DJ was 22. Melanie had issues of her own.

Possibly, one of Ryan's less-famous women sex partners crossed that line and had 3-way sex with Tatum.

by Anonymousreply 103October 12, 2020 7:55 PM

I wonder if Tatum has discovered something about Ryan's health that sent her around the bend. He suffers from both advanced prostate cancer and chronic leukemia. He can't be long for this world, and a terminal diagnosis would definitely set Tatum off.

by Anonymousreply 104October 12, 2020 7:56 PM

If I had a father like that, a terminal diagnosis would have me calling the caterers.

by Anonymousreply 105October 12, 2020 8:18 PM

Can we give her undeserved Oscar to the estate of Madeline Kahn?

by Anonymousreply 106October 12, 2020 8:20 PM

R93 Everyone loves 💕 Jack! You’re alone on this one.

by Anonymousreply 107October 12, 2020 9:16 PM

R95, Ryan is just the kind of nasty piece of work that would leave her ten measly dollars in his will, after her slavish devotion.

I had a psychologically-disordered, longtime acquaintance who has an obsession with what she’s going to inherit from each of her ancient relatives. They’re all in their 80s and in disgustingly perfect health and she is beyond annoyed. I’m rooting for at least two of them to leave their money to charitable causes which are very dear to them.

by Anonymousreply 108October 12, 2020 9:19 PM

I doubt Melanie was that wild. Tippi Hedren seems like she was a stable, strict parent.

by Anonymousreply 109October 12, 2020 9:25 PM

No. Tipi was/is a narcissist. She had fucking lions on her property which eventually bit Melanie. MG is a for-reals druggie.

by Anonymousreply 110October 12, 2020 9:46 PM

It’s already out there that Melanie was with Don Johnson at age 14. How is that strict?

by Anonymousreply 111October 12, 2020 9:57 PM

R111 different times! It was the 70s!

I have a morbid inclination that Ryan will leave Tatum whatever her cab fare amounted to from going to the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 112October 12, 2020 10:05 PM

[quote]I doubt Melanie was that wild. Tippi Hedren seems like she was a stable, strict parent.

Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 113October 12, 2020 10:21 PM

Rotten-to-the-core fucks live very long lives. Kirk Douglas, Henry Kissinger...Ryan still has another 15 to 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 114October 12, 2020 10:22 PM

Odd that Dakota Johnson seems so stable - boring, almost - given her parentage. I wonder if she had a good nanny or something.

All the posters criticizing Tatum and saying that she should "own" her mistakes sound deranged. If I went through the things that she did, I would never want to be sober. There is no amount of therapy or any other treatment that can ever erase those memories. When you grow up with sociopaths as parents, you are never taught that your life has any meaning. I am surprised she did not off herself in her teens or twenties.

Agree with the poster who said she needs to get away from Ryan. The money, even if she gets it, is not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 115October 12, 2020 10:29 PM

One really never gets over bad parenting. No matter how much therapy, how hard you work at it, the demons are always there

by Anonymousreply 116October 12, 2020 10:37 PM

I find Tatum and Griffin to be so likeable. Theyve had it rough, but I like them and hope they are ok

by Anonymousreply 117October 12, 2020 10:55 PM

I'm so sad - she's been silent on Instagram for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 118October 12, 2020 11:34 PM

"Ryan had a lot of famous girlfriends (Diana Ross, Barbra Streisand, etc.). Were any of them involved in these incestuous threesomes?"

HA HA HA, puleeze. Streisand would never let another woman touch her under ANY circumstances, and if the third was a guy, she wouldn't go for that either. Babs needed to think a man was her "true love" even though she had all of those short affairs - the one with O'Neal was short, and he was screwing around with others at the same time. Diana, not so sure.

by Anonymousreply 119October 13, 2020 12:12 AM

Streisand was with O'Neal in her frauish poodle perm days. She's lucky anyone would fk her with that coif.

by Anonymousreply 120October 13, 2020 12:44 AM

[quote]Tatum did a podcast a few years back called “Tatum Verbatim “ that expands on what she put in the books I recommend listening if you’re interested in her story. In one of the episodes she interviews Griffin...

I enjoyed her podcast, on the Griffin episode I noticed they wouldn’t/couldn’t say Farrah’s name, Tatum referred to her as “the beautiful one” or used similar descriptors when they talked about her.

by Anonymousreply 121October 13, 2020 12:54 AM

It seems Ryan was jealous when Farrah had cancer because of all the attention she was getting. 'Hey wait I'm the caregiver! I'm the one everyone should say is wonderful!'

by Anonymousreply 122October 13, 2020 1:16 AM

R121 that is an interesting observation. Do you think there may have been legal reasons for them referring to her in that manner?

by Anonymousreply 123October 13, 2020 1:22 AM

There must have been some legal restraint. I've heard both of them talk about Farrah and use her name.

by Anonymousreply 124October 13, 2020 1:24 AM

You are really vile R8. Just disgusting...

by Anonymousreply 125October 13, 2020 1:27 AM

Thanks R124 Regarding the Larry King interview with Griffin - I found it interesting that he thought Alana Hamilton had had an affair with O’Neal. Quite frankly I always assumed Alana and Farrah were a couple

by Anonymousreply 126October 13, 2020 1:29 AM

She could at least do something with that hair and outfit. A new 'do and ensemble can always pick a girl up!

by Anonymousreply 127October 13, 2020 1:31 AM

Where was Farrah politically?

Her best friend Alana is a huge Trumper, and I would find it very hard to believe if Ryan wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 128October 13, 2020 1:41 AM

Farrah was from Texas and a daddy's girl. Also totally into herself. I'd be surprised if she were a liberal.

by Anonymousreply 129October 13, 2020 1:53 AM

Those people seem to epitomize Hollywood Wives by Jackie Collins.

by Anonymousreply 130October 13, 2020 1:57 AM

[quote] Odd that Dakota Johnson seems so stable - boring, almost - given her parentage. I wonder if she had a good nanny or something.

Maybe it's because Antonio Banderas was around for most of her childhood. Sometimes people are just really normal (no matter how crazy their parents are)

In just the last 5 yrs I've heard actresses talk about Don Johnson and his behavior on the set. A lot of them had bit parts on Nash Bridges. He was a real pig. He was all over the women and most of them hid from him

by Anonymousreply 131October 13, 2020 2:00 AM

"Streisand was with O'Neal in her frauish poodle perm days. She's lucky anyone would fk her with that coif."

No, darling. He was with her briefly before What's us Doc (that's how he got the job), with her bleached :natural" look (below). There was no affair during the unfortunate "The Main Event" perm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132October 13, 2020 2:09 AM

R132 To add... It was all Jon Peters. The worst thing ever to happen Barbra Streisand. (her hair at least!).

by Anonymousreply 133October 13, 2020 2:20 AM

Is she close to her children? They’re all grown, maybe they can help her? However if she was too damaged to be a good mother to them maybe they can’t.

by Anonymousreply 134October 13, 2020 2:28 AM

Didn't Jack Nicholson and Marlon Brando live next door to each other?

I know Jack has probably drugged women before. Roman Polanski drugging his victim wasn't some new thing he thought up. He'd done it before

Marlon Brando was disgusting. I think he raped his daughter. That's why she had so many problems and attempted many times and eventually killed herself

by Anonymousreply 135October 13, 2020 2:29 AM

Any chance it was Kirk Douglas? It's not like he hadn't done it before.

by Anonymousreply 136October 13, 2020 2:33 AM

I just learned that Ryan was already Joanna's THIRD husband

by Anonymousreply 137October 13, 2020 2:37 AM

Ok, I’ve posted here once or twice, and her book is coming back to me. So it’s really sinking in for me that I misinterpreted her sharing on sleeping in her father’s bed — I do now believe that she just couldn’t bring herself to say it, that they had intercourse.

How many here are convinced of this now? It really explains her troubled life on every level, and it’s just so SAD. I wish she had the strength to just say it, I think it would bring her some healing to just claim the truth, because God knows he never will.

by Anonymousreply 138October 13, 2020 2:41 AM

She should go on Dr. Phil. He'd straighten her out.

by Anonymousreply 139October 13, 2020 2:48 AM

"Tatum and I still retained our daily routine. We’d run or take long walks on the beach. If either of us was up for a part, we’d read each other’s scripts. (Tatum is 15 during this time frame.)

"It was the evenings that were different. Tatum was no longer my regular dinner companion nor did she accompany me to parties. The evenings belonged to Farrah now." (Why can't you spend one or two evenings a week with your girlfriend? Why all of them?)

"I wasn’t sophisticated enough to know what to do to get over this hump. I had a habit of making molehills out of mountains. I had allowed my daughter to become too close to me and now I had somebody I wanted closer." (Wasn't sophisticated = lazy, did not give a shit; molehills out of mountains = denial, lazy)

Does this sound like a father who ever had healthy boundaries with his daughter? Or is this a complete narcissist who used his daughter for near-romantic companionship (at the very least), treated her like a work peer, and took her to parties as a drug buddy. And then, after bringing countless women home into his bed for sex, and driving Tatum crazy with neglect and jealousy, he finds his soul mate and drops her like a hot potato. He no problem abandoning his underage children for his own gratification. Not even waiting until they were 18 to move in with his girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 140October 13, 2020 2:57 AM

^^^ lmao!!!!

by Anonymousreply 141October 13, 2020 2:58 AM

That seems like a myth that Ryan would ever be interested in ugly Barbara. She has always been a dog.

by Anonymousreply 142October 13, 2020 3:08 AM

[quote] When she complained to her father that he was sleeping with her best friend [Melanie], who, at 18, was six years older, Ryan invited her to sleep in the same bed. 'I often did sleep in my father's bed, even when he had women over,' she writes

I just know he was on top of Melanie having sex with her and he was fingering Tatum at the same time

That's the kind of guy he is

by Anonymousreply 143October 13, 2020 3:08 AM

There have been so many mean, blaming threads about Tatum on DL. There was a particularly cruel, eviscerating Tatum thread from a year ago. I am relieved to see people having empathy for this abused, damaged woman. She didn't have a snowball's chance in hell! She was soooo cute as a kid, too. It's a very, very sad Hollywood story. I hope she can get the help and support she needs to find even a little silver of stability in her twilight years.

by Anonymousreply 144October 13, 2020 3:14 AM

[quote]That seems like a myth that Ryan would ever be interested in ugly Barbara.

Ryan was a user. He was CONSTANTLY using people to advance his career. He got cast in "What's Up Do?" because he had been fucking Barbra.

He was fucking Diana Ross when she was hot thinking he could be her costar in The Bodyguard.

by Anonymousreply 145October 13, 2020 3:14 AM

Woof woof

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 13, 2020 3:24 AM

Babs had a great figure tho. Great ass and boobs. If you could deal with the poodle pubes.

by Anonymousreply 147October 13, 2020 4:02 AM

WTF is a 12 year old doing being best friends with an 18 yr old?

by Anonymousreply 148October 13, 2020 4:04 AM

That curly hair was a look in the '70s. Here's Peter Frampton with looser curls.

Babs did have a great body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149October 13, 2020 4:07 AM

Barbra had long straight hair when she dated Ryan. It was her best look -- before Jon Peters ruined it.

by Anonymousreply 150October 13, 2020 4:08 AM

She didn’t have a great body. You are all up Sue Menger’s ass. Barbara is one of the ugliest movie stars ever.

by Anonymousreply 151October 13, 2020 4:12 AM

They took down Tatum Verbatim on all platforms

by Anonymousreply 152October 13, 2020 4:14 AM

Is Ryan in his sad, final days?

by Anonymousreply 153October 13, 2020 5:31 AM

Who's the bigger mess, Griffin or Redmond?

by Anonymousreply 154October 13, 2020 10:52 AM

R154 I'm going to go with the one who tried to kill a guy

by Anonymousreply 155October 13, 2020 10:59 AM

That being who(m)?

by Anonymousreply 156October 13, 2020 11:11 AM

A child at these “parties,” ugh.

by Anonymousreply 157October 13, 2020 11:54 AM

R155, Griffin actually did kill a guy, Francis Ford Coppola’s son, in a drunk boating accident.

by Anonymousreply 158October 13, 2020 12:37 PM

Redmond intentionally tried to murder a random guy in the street while high out of his mind. Griffin accidentally got his friend killed in because he was high and negligent. I think it's pretty clear that Redmond is the bigger mess.

by Anonymousreply 159October 13, 2020 12:37 PM

[quote]Is Ryan in his sad, final days?

What's so sad about that?

by Anonymousreply 160October 13, 2020 12:53 PM

Ryan was an indiscriminate womanizer, he'd fuck anything and anyone female. Bill Clinton had the same disease. It's no myth that Ryan dated Streisand for several months. Her name, fame and position in the industry was what made her attractive. And dating a mega star is not easy. The sad part is that Streisand counts Ryan as one of her big romances before Jon Peters the illiterate destroyer.

by Anonymousreply 161October 13, 2020 1:17 PM

I can't help but wonder about Clint Eastwood.

by Anonymousreply 162October 13, 2020 1:22 PM

"Is she close to her children? They’re all grown, maybe they can help her? However if she was too damaged to be a good mother to them maybe they can’t."

The children are close to her. But Tatum's mental ups and downs, drug and rehab instability is something they've lived with since they were born. It's EXHAUSTING. I knew someone who completely cut off her mother because she wouldn't get help. She was completely drained.

by Anonymousreply 163October 13, 2020 1:23 PM

What about Clint Eastwood?

He wasn't part of Ryan O'Neal's party set.

by Anonymousreply 164October 13, 2020 4:31 PM

Oh I dunno, R164

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165October 13, 2020 4:36 PM

Put your kosher sausage in my hot butthole

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 13, 2020 4:52 PM

Barbra had no problems getting men when she was younger. She was having an affair with Sydney Chaplin while Funny Girl was in tryouts and dumped him after the show had its triumphant opening. He was pretty bitter and started acting up and being very unprofessional on stage. Like whispering in her ear 'nose.' Chaplin was brought up on charges but charmed(he was known for this) the judge and got out of the show with full salary until the end of his contract. As far as I know he had never done this, acted unprofessionally, before.

She also had an an affair with Shariff during the making of the film. While not a pin up Babs charisma, talent, and connections were a very powerful aphrodisiac.

by Anonymousreply 167October 13, 2020 6:04 PM

Barbra also dated Don Johnson and let him "sing" in one of her songs. DJ can not sing. My mom said: "Barbra Streisand is very nice to her boyfriends" when she (my mom) heard Don Johnson singing on the radio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168October 13, 2020 6:29 PM

Her daughter has been Tweeting photos about books on codependency. I liked her on her mom's podcast.

by Anonymousreply 169October 13, 2020 6:53 PM

When she was young, Barbra had a great ass - seriously. She was always considered ugly so she was needy and eager to please in bed. Of course they all fucked her.

by Anonymousreply 170October 13, 2020 7:04 PM

Barbra never got pregnant by any of these short-term boyfriends. She also never got married to any of them. I give Babs credit for that. Never had to pay child support or alimony, etc.

by Anonymousreply 171October 13, 2020 8:19 PM

That’s because I only did anal with my “beautiful” ass.

by Anonymousreply 172October 13, 2020 8:23 PM

R166 That was when Barbra went through a phase of working out a lot and took any and every opportunity to show off her butt.

by Anonymousreply 173October 13, 2020 8:36 PM

Whenever someone constantly says out loud they have a great ass, maybe it’s not so great.

by Anonymousreply 174October 13, 2020 9:43 PM

[quote] When she was young, Barbra had a great ass - seriously.

All this talk about Streisand's ass in a thread entitled "Tatum O'Neal Suicidal."

Once again, it's Tatum, in pain, needing support and attention...and somebody starts talking about some other woman's hot ass.

by Anonymousreply 175October 14, 2020 12:00 AM

You could tell that Jon Peters had convinced Barbra that her ass was the greatest in Hollywood by the time she did that rubbish "The Main Event." Every costume, every closeup, every pose was to show off her ass.

by Anonymousreply 176October 14, 2020 12:33 AM

[quote]Once again, it's Tatum, in pain, needing support and attention...and somebody starts talking about some other woman's hot ass.

Why do you think the poor thing is suicidal?

by Anonymousreply 177October 14, 2020 12:51 AM

I think you meant flat not hot.

by Anonymousreply 178October 14, 2020 12:59 AM

Her ass played the title role in The Main Event.

by Anonymousreply 179October 14, 2020 1:11 AM

Blech

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 14, 2020 1:12 AM

I feel sorry for Tatum. Her whole public persona is selling books about her problems.

by Anonymousreply 181October 14, 2020 1:14 AM

True?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182October 14, 2020 1:20 AM

R181 Good observation! It's quite sad. I'd say that "A Paper Life" was a legitimate endeavor. The second one, "Found: A Daughter's Journey Home" wow the title itself is so cringe. Shilling that book has clearly been a diversion from 1. Real Work, or 2. Real Healing. Or both.

by Anonymousreply 183October 14, 2020 1:23 AM

Enough about Streisand's ass. That MUST be charlie at R167/R168.

Barbra Streisand "got" good looking guys BRIEFLY because of her stardom and money. Her ass had little to do with it. Neither did her face nor talent. Face it pink boys.

by Anonymousreply 184October 14, 2020 1:40 AM

"Chaplin was brought up on charges but charmed (he was known for this) the judge and got out of the show with full salary"

Are you insinuating that Chaplin was brought up on charges in a court of LAW? He was accused of misconduct in ACTORS EQUITY - the union. The actor's union. He couldn't get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 185October 14, 2020 1:45 AM

R184 While we should really be moving this over to the Streisand's Ass thread so Tatum can get the support here that she deserves, I will quickly posit that at least SOME of her boyfriends found her actually charismatic and talented. I mean, c'mon.

by Anonymousreply 186October 14, 2020 1:45 AM

Barbra Streisand was a major sex symbol in the 1970's. Men lusted after her. Her Superman poster was the second biggest selling poster of it's time next to Farrah Fawcett. Prince Charles had her as his pinup.

Ryan bedded at least of the hottest woman of the decade.

by Anonymousreply 187October 14, 2020 1:49 AM

^ must be joking

by Anonymousreply 188October 14, 2020 1:51 AM

OMG. Another Barbara Delusion fan.

by Anonymousreply 189October 14, 2020 1:51 AM

[quote] While we should really be moving this over to the Streisand's Ass thread so Tatum can get the support here that she deserves

Oh, ffs, r186; like she's really hanging out here reading this crap.

by Anonymousreply 190October 14, 2020 1:53 AM

I wish Tatum the best. It’s strange i just saw her with her father with her kids, so I thought things seemed better. Just goes to show a lot goes behind the scenes and with the seemingly happy smiles. Tatum. Please get into some intensive ongoing therapy. You’re almost 60. Ryan doesn’t have long. Time to leave this shit from your childhood and McEnroe behind. I’d ultimately love to see her in a Netflix or Amazon series. As a former Oscar winner, I’m sure there is someone out there that would offer you something.

by Anonymousreply 191October 14, 2020 1:54 AM

Is this because Candy Spelling made her pretend to be her surrogate daughter and shame Tori?

by Anonymousreply 192October 14, 2020 1:55 AM

R190 It's called humor, sugar tits

by Anonymousreply 193October 14, 2020 2:20 AM

R191 Oscar doesn't so mean much if you are uninsurable.

by Anonymousreply 194October 14, 2020 2:22 AM

I think poor Tatum has squeezed everything she could out of that Oscar short of putting it for auction. But she fucks up every opportunity it's given her.

by Anonymousreply 195October 14, 2020 2:47 AM

That Oscar, and her work in Paper Moon, are the high point of Tatum's professional achievement as an actress.

As someone else remarked, she should have gone to college and gotten into a different profession at least 35 years ago. How many times has she been in rehab? How many second, third, fourth, chances has she been given?

Robert Downey blew a lot of chances, but he had so much talent that everyone kept hoping he'd pull himself together. In his 40s, he finally did. Tatum isn't as talented as Downey and she's 60. People have given up on giving her more chances. If she wants to do something, she'll have to do it on her own this time. People do not have infinite patience. People get tired of her shit. She's SIXTY.

by Anonymousreply 196October 14, 2020 2:58 AM

More about Barbra, please. I don't care about the title of the thread.

by Anonymousreply 197October 14, 2020 3:25 AM

Barbara is disgusting and that picture of her with an Afro in short shorts almost made me puke.

by Anonymousreply 198October 14, 2020 3:41 AM

Her latest face looks like Ron Pearlman of Beauty and the Beast fame. In character.

by Anonymousreply 199October 14, 2020 3:43 AM

Who. Me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 14, 2020 3:50 AM

Like fine wine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 14, 2020 3:52 AM

[quote]Tatum. Please get into some intensive ongoing therapy. You’re almost 60. Ryan doesn’t have long. Time to leave this shit from your childhood and McEnroe behind.

Oh, thank you so much. Bless your heart. This means so much to me, as the last thing I decided to do before jumping tonight was to read stranger's comments on an anonymous gay message board. Your words really touched me. But not enouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu [SPLAT]

by Anonymousreply 202October 14, 2020 3:56 AM

Link to Barbara ever being a sex symbol? Oh my sides.

by Anonymousreply 203October 14, 2020 3:56 AM

[quote]That Oscar, and her work in Paper Moon, are the high point of Tatum's professional achievement as an actress.

And the story she tells about that night sheds much insight into why she was so fucked up.

Her father was REALLY pissed of that she got a nomination and he didn't. So he didn't even go to the ceremony to support her.

When she won, she called her him and said, "Daddy, guess what I'm holding in my hand!"

His response: "Guess what I'm holding in my hand."

VILE, HORRIBLE MAN.

by Anonymousreply 204October 14, 2020 3:59 AM

I liked Tatum in that middling but sometimes amusing Denis Leary vehicle Rescue Me. She was perfect as a raging dysfunctional sex addict alky. I have always found Tatum very attractive and I like her husky voice. But her ass can't hold a candle to Streisand's.

by Anonymousreply 205October 14, 2020 4:27 AM

R204 That is truly repulsive. She was what, 10? Oh, that poor little gal.

She'd have traded that stupid award for love in a nanosecond.

by Anonymousreply 206October 14, 2020 4:30 AM

R204 Ryan was working on Barry Lyndon overseas. But he still was a horrible father. Tatums grandparents took her. She tells the story of the Oscar win in her book. They basically just went home after the show and it really didn’t feel like a celebratory thing to her. Of course Ryan decided to hog the spotlight with her the next year when she announced supporting actor. Yeah Ryan, Tatum really needed your help to do this. At this point, she either cuts her father loose or they actively work to bury the past. I fear Tatum is going to,go to her grave without any peace.

by Anonymousreply 207October 14, 2020 4:31 AM

How come no one ever said the 80's poodle perm was cultural appropriation? Is it because it is so ugly? No one wants it?

by Anonymousreply 208October 14, 2020 4:32 AM

R207 Ryan is dying as we speak. But even a dying leopard won't change its spots. She's not going to get closure, not from him. They're both fucked, for this particular lifetime.

Her dad is the scab she keeps picking at. It's always oozing and never heals. She really needed to start over, completely over. Become a yoga instructor or a drug counselor or a florist. She needed so much more therapy. She always wants to get work, for her ego, her sense of self. And she of course needs money. So she has never given herself enough time out of the spotlight to feel, deal and heal.

by Anonymousreply 209October 14, 2020 4:38 AM

Tatum’s mom.... proof that looks don’t assure you happiness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210October 14, 2020 4:39 AM

It’s kind of amazing that she didn’t parlay her Oscar win into a substantial career, but I think the problem was that, left to her own devices, she just isn’t a terribly convincing actress.

She’s great in “Paper Moon” but it’s a very well written part, she had a great director, and the performance was shaped in bits and pieces from a ton of footage where she was mostly acting with someone she knew and trusted.

Outside of that dream scenario, she’s never been as effective again.

by Anonymousreply 211October 14, 2020 5:05 AM

She was in two movies with her dad. I haven't seen "Nickelodeon." Sounds like he used her for another attempt at Oscar gold. I'm surprised he wasn't such a diva as to swear he'd "never work with that award-hogging cunt again!"

by Anonymousreply 212October 14, 2020 5:16 AM

She's sixty years old. There is no yoga teaching/florist/other career for her, she wasted her life, it was thrown away for nothing and there's no going back. She's 60, it's over for her. Maybe she's realizing this is it, that's why people jump.

by Anonymousreply 213October 14, 2020 6:06 AM

I think the pic at R166 is the one of the “sexy hooker” photos she did for Nuts.

I thought Ryan’s more recent health issues had to do with his heart. He was diagnosed with stage 2 prostate cancer in 2012 and the leukemia in 2001 and he takes a medication that keeps it in check.

by Anonymousreply 214October 14, 2020 6:37 AM

OMG you Queens! My sides. I am dying over here with all the poodle perm talk! Poor Tatum. I hope she is feeling better and can let her Dad go. I gad no idea he was so abusive and disgusting.This thread has pulled me out of some dark feelings, with the Babs side track.

Poodle perm needs it’s own thread and you know it will definitely be triggering some uprising!

by Anonymousreply 215October 14, 2020 7:15 AM

OMG you Queens! My sides. I am dying over here with all the poodle perm talk! Poor Tatum. I hope she is feeling better and can let her Dad go. I gad no idea he was so abusive and disgusting.This thread has pulled me out of some dark feelings, with the Babs side track.

Poodle perm needs it’s own thread and you know it will definitely be triggering some uprising!

by Anonymousreply 216October 14, 2020 7:15 AM

The discussion of Babs’ hair was essential to a full discussion of Tatum’s current situation.

by Anonymousreply 217October 14, 2020 7:23 AM

Ryan was seething with rage and envy about Tatum's Oscar win.

by Anonymousreply 218October 14, 2020 7:53 AM

Shall we move on to discuss Babs' pendulous breasts? Tatum also has a decent rack.

by Anonymousreply 219October 14, 2020 7:54 AM

Tatum could go to therapy for a thousand years and never be healed. All you posters who think she should just go become a florist in the Midwest or whatever, fuck no. At this point I just hope she has access to some quality drugs and has a modicum of peace in the last chapters of her sad, broken life.

by Anonymousreply 220October 14, 2020 7:57 AM

[quote] It’s kind of amazing that she didn’t parlay her Oscar win into a substantial career,

Kind of amazing? She was 10 years old when she won that Oscar. Even if she weren’t from one of Hollywood’s most fucked-up families of all time, that award and performance were never going to have much bearing on her success or failure as an adult actor.

by Anonymousreply 221October 14, 2020 8:02 AM

Is Melanie Griffith developmentmentally delayed? What was she doing being best friends with a preteen? She has always seemed a bit “special”.

by Anonymousreply 222October 14, 2020 8:12 AM

IMO, a teenaged Tatum was only surpassed in dark blonde, Hollywood beauty at that time by Brooke Shields (tough competition). I just finished Mariah's book and she mentions several times (so it's obviously been brought to her attention from extensive therapy) that she has arrested development from family trauma which occurred when she was 12 (her sister attempting to and almost succeeding in pimping her out after drugging her, and then throwing scalding tea on her). Clearly the trauma Tatum went through was more intense and repetitive, but there is help if she will take it. Any good therapist would tell Tatum to cut off Ryan, which is what Mariah did with her sister (who later died of AIDS). At some point the continued interactions and need to please only do further psychological and emotional damage.

Fun fact gleaned from Mariah's book: one of her LA homes is Farrah's former home, complete with some of the furnishings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223October 14, 2020 8:19 AM

Tatum was being used by someone pretending to be her friend to get access to Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 224October 14, 2020 8:20 AM

Melanie's vagina was very developmentally precocious and attached to a cute blonde who didn't ask too many questions as long as there was dope amd dick. So...it was a perfect combination for pervy Hollywood romeos.

by Anonymousreply 225October 14, 2020 8:21 AM

[quote]She's sixty years old. There is no yoga teaching/florist/other career for her, she wasted her life, it was thrown away for nothing and there's no going back. She's 60, it's over for her. Maybe she's realizing this is it, that's why people jump.

WTF? Such an idiotic statement. Lots of people have successful second careers or start new businesses in retirement. Often it's something they're passionate about and always wanted to pursue at a younger age but couldn't due to various obligations. It's a great time to explore true purpose and meaning--exciting and fulfilling.

by Anonymousreply 226October 14, 2020 9:13 AM

If you look closely at people you know have been abused, in any way, as children, you'll find arrested development in the ways they speak, act and dress - it's pervasive and incredibly sad. Tatum is an extreme example and I hope she finds peace. Melanie is another. There's something a bit unpredictable and unbalanced in their whole presentation of themselves.

There's a breed of humanity who watch for this, possibly former victims themselves, sometimes not. Predators hunting for the wounded and easy kill in a world of where power is wielded to abuse as a reward of success. The worst of it abides in places where the system feeds the imbalance, attracts victims, and rewards and protects predators. Hollywood and DC aren't at war with each other.

Tommy M., Ryan O., Jack N., Marlon Brando, they all have a layer of skeezy permacrust that leaves a trail.

by Anonymousreply 227October 14, 2020 9:42 AM

"More about Barbra, please. I don't care about the title of the thread."

I always thought it strange that Tatum NEVER mentions Streisand when talking about Ryan's girlfriends...never mentions her even as one of Ryan's friends. It was such a BIG ROMANCE. Ryan lost his mind over her gorgeous rear end, right?

For the Ryan-Tatum obsessed, or for those who missed it -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 14, 2020 12:38 PM

This thread is proof that the O'Neal troll 1) died, 2) was put on medication, or 3) was banned from Datalounge.

Because this would be catnip to him, yet no appearance!

by Anonymousreply 229October 14, 2020 1:08 PM

What became of Griffin, what’s he up to and how’s his relationship with Ryan now?

by Anonymousreply 230October 14, 2020 1:14 PM

R228 That Tarlton wasn’t born a biological female was she?

by Anonymousreply 231October 14, 2020 1:26 PM

Tatum is deeply in love with her father every which way till Sunday. She is also filled with rage. She will never get over it. She has no discipline for another career not even when she was younger. All she can do is commercially peddle her suffering. There is nothing else there. So there will be no third act. Just more of the same until the end. She is doomed. You would know this if you had extremely narcissistic parents who traumatized you from a very young age making you feel worthless. From such a very young age it becomes part of your DNA the trauma rewires your brain and you never escape. Floral arranging might be used as therapy in a high end psych ward but the idea she'd make a penny from it is laughable. Her father owes her everything he has. Not that she'll get anything from him. He'll fuck her again after death.

by Anonymousreply 232October 14, 2020 1:39 PM

He didn't die, R229 ^

by Anonymousreply 233October 14, 2020 2:07 PM

Are these Tatums SAD FINAL DAYS!?

by Anonymousreply 234October 14, 2020 2:28 PM

Are you him, R233?

by Anonymousreply 235October 14, 2020 2:31 PM

I’ve read in at least 3-4 celebrity autobiographies about what a horrible person Melanie Griffith was. Tatum O’Neals book, Mackenzie Phillips Valerie bertinelli or Maureen McCormick had stories about Melanie

by Anonymousreply 236October 14, 2020 2:32 PM

Don Johnson was a real sleaze. When he was fucking a teenaged Melanie Griffith he was also involved in scams with Ronnie Levin, an infamous gay Beverly Hills conman who was later murdered by the Billionaire Boys Club leader Joe Hunt.

by Anonymousreply 237October 14, 2020 2:35 PM

Tippi Hedren was clearly the world's worst parent. When Don started sniffing around 14-year-old Melanie, any decent parents would have called the cops on his predatory ass.

by Anonymousreply 238October 14, 2020 2:51 PM

Not surprised, this pandemic is making a lot of people nuts.

by Anonymousreply 239October 14, 2020 3:02 PM

Well good for Dakota Johnson seeming so normal. I hope her life is as stable as it seems.

by Anonymousreply 240October 14, 2020 3:10 PM

I think Tippi had her hands full trying to prevent that pack of lions she lived with from getting the upper hand.

Not being mauled and eaten alive likely took precedence in her mind over her teenaged daughter running around with some actor.

by Anonymousreply 241October 14, 2020 3:12 PM

It was Tippi's brilliant idea to have a bunch of lions living with them, so that's hardly an excuse.

by Anonymousreply 242October 14, 2020 3:27 PM

bastard parents, kids barely had a chance

by Anonymousreply 243October 14, 2020 3:28 PM

Wtf is Tarlton?

I think the Tatum obsessive isn’t here.. because they attempted suicide and they are in a 5150 hold.

by Anonymousreply 244October 14, 2020 3:29 PM

Does she have any tots? Just kidding.

by Anonymousreply 245October 14, 2020 3:29 PM

Agreed [242]

I just found some dark humour in the ridiculous situation that those people put themselves in.

by Anonymousreply 246October 14, 2020 4:03 PM

This is a really wacky idea, I'm just throwing it out there. But what if Tatum and Ryan were lovers in a past life? It would stand to reason that she would be in love with him in this life. And he would have found it hard to navigate the parent/child boundaries, holding as he was a lingering flame for her, too. Maybe he jilted her in the past life, and so she felt "jilted" in this one as well when she would see him with other women?

Any way you slice it he is a terrible, terrible human being! Optional question: If reincarnation is real, what would Ryan O'Neal come back as? A worm? Or a gazelle who gets eaten by a female lion?

by Anonymousreply 247October 14, 2020 4:29 PM

What do you mean was, R237?

by Anonymousreply 248October 14, 2020 6:35 PM

Fair point r248. He IS a sleaze.

by Anonymousreply 249October 14, 2020 6:40 PM

Don Johnson- I remember it was late 1999 or 2000 when he married a rich socialite in SF. She gave birth to their child and during her recovery, she took a walk alone with the baby. At the VERY SAME TIME, Don was followed by paps. Don drove to an adult bookstore. The paps got footage of Don walking around the store from the bookstores security camera. He made a purchase while wearing sunglasses. He moved on to a motel. He brought his brown paper bag inside with him. After a long while, Don left the motel bringing his paper bag with him. He drove to a highway rest stop where he took the paper bag and threw it away. He drove back to the wife and baby. The National Enquirer had a whole midsection of all of the photos. The paps went to the garbage can Don got rid of his bag in. There was only the brown paper bag in the can. The paps opened it to find Cop Daddy - a Latino xxx gay porno video, and a huge Caucasian dildo. Those photos were in the story.

by Anonymousreply 250October 14, 2020 7:22 PM

I doubt Ryan and Barbara ever had sex. She is too ugly for him to ever be interested unless it was very brief with his eyes closed to get a job.

by Anonymousreply 251October 14, 2020 7:36 PM

You don't understand, R251. Ryan O'Neal would have sex with a button hole, a key hole, a pot hole.

by Anonymousreply 252October 14, 2020 7:39 PM

R252 I read that at first as "a plot hole," and it was even funnier.

by Anonymousreply 253October 14, 2020 7:44 PM

All I know about Melanie G. is that she got both Steven Bauer AND Antonio Banderas in their primes - that's what I call a charmed existence!

by Anonymousreply 254October 14, 2020 7:46 PM

[quote]But what if Tatum and Ryan were lovers in a past life?

I just rolled my eyes so hard I sprained them.

by Anonymousreply 255October 14, 2020 8:32 PM

r250.

that's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 256October 15, 2020 12:04 AM

[quote] I’ve read in at least 3-4 celebrity autobiographies about what a horrible person Melanie Griffith was. Tatum O’Neals book, Mackenzie Phillips Valerie bertinelli or Maureen McCormick had stories about Melanie

What did the other 3 have to say about Melanie?

by Anonymousreply 257October 15, 2020 12:42 AM

[quote] Don Johnson was a real sleaze. When he was fucking a teenaged Melanie Griffith he was also involved in scams with Ronnie Levin, an infamous gay Beverly Hills conman who was later murdered by the Billionaire Boys Club leader Joe Hunt.

Back in 2003 he was caught up in something really shady in Germany. He had $8 Billion in securities and credit notes in a briefcase. When he was caught by border officials he gave some bizarre bullshit story that he was looking for financing for some movies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 15, 2020 12:51 AM

Tatum would be suicidal after looking at Barbara pictiures.

by Anonymousreply 259October 15, 2020 5:47 AM

R259, dear, you're never going to post a convincing wisecrack unless you learn to spell Miss Streisand's first name correctly.

by Anonymousreply 260October 15, 2020 12:42 PM

R258, please post the article. There’s a paywall.

by Anonymousreply 261October 15, 2020 2:09 PM

[quote]But what if Tatum and Ryan were lovers in a past life?

R247, as a belief, reincarnation has the potential to be sicker, sadder, and more damaging than Christianity, and that's saying something.

by Anonymousreply 262October 15, 2020 2:30 PM

Tell me more, [R262]! When I was little, if I ever said anything about my life, like "I wish my daddy hadn't abandoned me," my mother would just say "I guess that was your karma." But she would cry and rant about her mother for the next 50 years, with no mention of it being her karma to have a narcissistic woman as her mother. It kinda fucked me up.

by Anonymousreply 263October 15, 2020 2:40 PM

Tarlton Morton from the above clip died. She was the ex of Peter Morton, the restaurateur.

by Anonymousreply 264October 16, 2020 12:08 AM

Dakota Johnson has already been to rehab. She was in rehab at 14.

Melanie was a mess and it’s amazing she and Banderas lasted as long as they did. He stuck around until their daughter turned 18. Hopefully she’s a well adjusted young woman.

After “The Birds” Tippi married some agent who had 5 teenaged sons and they all moved in with Tippi and young Melanie. Melanie’s bio father was off in the Caribbean married to someone else. Melanie was not patented properly despite Tippi’s image as a prim, stable, Protestant lady.

by Anonymousreply 265October 16, 2020 1:05 PM

[quote]Melanie was not patented properly

Legal malpractice!

by Anonymousreply 266October 16, 2020 1:15 PM

Lol I caught it but decided to leave it because we all need a laugh where we can get it

by Anonymousreply 267October 16, 2020 1:33 PM

R264, I didn't know about Tarleton Morton, so thanks for that. Her step-son Harry Morton just died last year, either from a drug overdose or cardiac arrest (or both), depending on who you asked. He was once engaged to Lohan, so if they'd gotten married and stayed married (a long shot, I know), she'd now be a widow. Harrowing to think about, but it could've happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 16, 2020 3:02 PM

143. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 10/15 **1** Things spiraled out of control again, the same way they always do with this former A- list actress. She lets that family member back into her life and they do drugs and the family member tries to have sex with the actress. Tatum O’Neal/father Ryan O’Neal (Tatum O'Neal Allegedly Suicidal, Threatened to Jump Off Balcony) (Ryan O’Neal reunites with daughter Tatum, her children after 17 years)

by Anonymousreply 269October 16, 2020 5:01 PM

[quote]R265 After “The Birds” Tippi married some agent who had 5 teenaged sons and they all moved in with Tippi and young Melanie.

The former big city fashion model (aka PROSTITUTION WHORE) rejecting the tender, devoted love of sweet, befuddled Alfred Hitchcock...cuz he was but 1 cock, singular!

Instead she chose a hubby who came along with 5 burly boys, all poised to devour her.

[italic]Coincidence??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270October 16, 2020 7:49 PM

Would you want Alfred Hitchcock pressing his erection against you or 5 burly boys? Let's be real here.

by Anonymousreply 271October 16, 2020 9:14 PM

Here's some BRAND NEW information about Tatum's past suicidal behaviour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272October 17, 2020 4:43 AM

Is Tatum a legit name? Tater? Channing Tatum? I don't know...

by Anonymousreply 273October 17, 2020 4:45 AM

I’m confused was the suicide attempt before or after the IG post with her three kids and Ryan, and is it directly related to the suicide attempt?

by Anonymousreply 274October 17, 2020 4:48 AM

It was when she was a pre teen, after finding her friend Melanie Griffith in bed with her father on a trip. She wanted to jump out the window but was too scared.

[quote] Instead, O’Neal slashed her arms and downed some pills, only to wake up to find [Ryan’s drug dealer] molesting her. She writes that when her father saw the condition she was in, he snapped, “You f–king idiot. You’re an embarrassment.”

by Anonymousreply 275October 17, 2020 4:53 AM

rooting for Tatum. lots of us are struggling in quarantine. feeling sensitive and defeated

by Anonymousreply 276October 17, 2020 4:56 AM

R275 No I’m talking about the suicide attempt last month, how does the family IG photo fit in to it? Are they all rallying around her after it happened, or did it cause her some trauma that set her off and drove her over the edge?

by Anonymousreply 277October 17, 2020 4:57 AM

R277 latest attempt was after the IG post with her and kids reuniting w Ryan scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 278October 17, 2020 4:58 AM

Yes it caused her trauma of some kind. Blind item says he was coming onto her again.

by Anonymousreply 279October 17, 2020 5:00 AM

Wait I'm not understanding this. Ryan was coming on to Tatum again? This is very confusing.

by Anonymousreply 280October 17, 2020 5:09 AM

See post r269 for blind item.

by Anonymousreply 281October 17, 2020 5:10 AM

Ryan needs to die. Maybe then she'll find as much peace as is possible in this life.

by Anonymousreply 282October 17, 2020 5:21 AM

Ryan makes Joe Jackson look like a decent parent.

by Anonymousreply 283October 17, 2020 5:28 AM

Ryan’s starting to make Chris Watts look good.

by Anonymousreply 284October 17, 2020 5:49 AM

I've read it actually does help when abusers die. The victim feels psychologically safe finally.

by Anonymousreply 285October 17, 2020 6:25 AM

This is not news. Ryan was a horrible person. He made his daughter a drug buddy as a child and never forgave her for that Oscar. Not to mention all the other miserable things he exposed her to.

by Anonymousreply 286October 17, 2020 7:36 AM

Wait, R are you saying (or the Blind is saying) that the decrepit, leukemia riddled Ryan O'Neal, nearing 80, did drugs with his daughter Tatum, almost 60, at the family reunion, and then propositioned her for sex? With the grandkids there? Maybe they left and she came back for drug time? The whole thing is preposterous. True, for false, either way it's all just nutso.

by Anonymousreply 287October 17, 2020 7:42 AM

Sorry the above was for R269. I'm struggling to believe this one. And if Enty is involved, you have to take it with a grain of salt. I also don't think he needed to hit on her for her to feel triggered by reuniting with him. I got super triggered after my dad (who abandoned me when I was a toddler, and who was an absentee alcoholic racist weirdo my entire life) visited me a few years ago. There was no drama, he's totally sober now and was acting pretty normal. I just got the heebie jeebies, and after he left I went into almost a dissociative fugue state for a week. So I don't think anything even had to happen at all at that reunion for Tatum to flip the fuck out afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 288October 17, 2020 7:45 AM

Does Tatum have any relationship with any of her siblings? She like Mckenzie Phillips who only has a realtionship with one sister who she regularly sees because they're so fucked up. Only Chynna who is crazy herself has a relationship with McKenzie.

by Anonymousreply 289October 17, 2020 8:06 AM

Mac only has a realtionship with Chynna. They are very close.

by Anonymousreply 290October 17, 2020 8:10 AM

I think we need to revisit the possibility that Candy Spelling is somehow responsible for this. She was involved in the deaths of Steve Bing and Naya Rivera...might Tatum be her next target?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291October 17, 2020 2:55 PM

Karma for steeling Kahn's Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 292October 17, 2020 3:03 PM

stealing

by Anonymousreply 293October 17, 2020 3:03 PM

I do think that many of the evil mechanizations of Hollywood are masterminded by Candy, so her involvement should definitely be examined. Most likely it was the same balcony in her apartment that Bing “fell” from and though she manipulated the gaslighting to get Tatum to that point, she reluctantly intervened as it would cast to much suspicion on her.

by Anonymousreply 294October 17, 2020 3:31 PM

What is all this about Candy Spelling?

by Anonymousreply 295October 17, 2020 3:35 PM

R295 Candy has been involved in an extended and dangerous game of using Tatum as a pawn surrogate daughter against Tori as a means to manipulate and control her. There are strong parallels of the parent child dysfunction between Tatum and Ryan as there are in Candy and Tori. Perhaps Candy had a drug soaked threeway with Tori and BAG? And Tori is still paying the price for that elaborate and one of the most expensive weddings in history to her first husband that barely lasted a year and humiliated Candy among her peers, though of course she would never call them her peers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296October 17, 2020 3:54 PM

If Tatum survives this, she and Tori should be the newest cast members of 'RHOBH', with occasional appearances by Candygram.

by Anonymousreply 297October 17, 2020 4:00 PM

Ryan O'Neal is worse than John Phillips, who had sex with his own child, which is saying something. Phillips was a hedonistic scumbag with no sense of social norms or morals. O'Neal, in addition to being a hedonistic scum bag with no social norms or morals, is also actively cruel to his children, punching them, telling them they are worthless, and emotionally torturing them. Poor Tatum.

by Anonymousreply 298October 17, 2020 4:01 PM

Could a Cagney and Lacey reboot with Tori and Tatum as lesbian lovers fly in this age of streaming?

by Anonymousreply 299October 17, 2020 4:04 PM

I think it could r299.

by Anonymousreply 300October 17, 2020 4:08 PM

Remember the Tatum/Wendy fiasco a few years back?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301October 17, 2020 4:11 PM

There is a passage in John Phillips' (totally juicy, dishy, shameless memoir) in which he recounts how Keith Richards (!) kicked him out of his home for drug use.

Mick Jagger then confronted him about doing drugs with his own children and had to take in the two youngest ones for a week (Bijou maybe?) because Phillips tried to set fire to his home while they were inside, then drove into a tree. Wife Genevieve Waite was also in a drunken stupor.

He had some kind of record deal going with the Stones but managed to be such a total screw-up that it fell through.

by Anonymousreply 302October 17, 2020 4:14 PM

And yet it was Chuck Berry who got a prison sentence.

by Anonymousreply 303October 17, 2020 4:25 PM

R302, I watched DL hated Michelle Phillips BERATE John Phillips from the audience of a Donahue show over his irresponsibility with the children way back in the 1980s. She was as absolutely fierce as she could have been on TV; I didn't know the whole back story at the time. Phillips just grinned and giggled as she spoke, or should I say, yelled.

by Anonymousreply 304October 17, 2020 5:46 PM

Phillips must have stolen Richards' stash, R302.

by Anonymousreply 305October 17, 2020 6:11 PM

Tatum is lying to Wendy Williams.

She never did any drugs until she was 18?

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 306October 17, 2020 6:26 PM

Both Tatum and Wendy are high AF in that clip.

by Anonymousreply 307October 17, 2020 6:36 PM

Interesting how Wendy is so comfortable talking about Tatum's drug use, but when Tatum congratulates Wendy on "surviving" [drug use, though not mentioning it], Wendy deflects by saying, "I was never MeTooed!"

by Anonymousreply 308October 17, 2020 6:38 PM

Tatum had previously stated that Ryan gave her cocaine when she was 13 to lose weight. The change of story on Wendy Williams' show was probably in the cleaned up version she'd adopted to gain Ryan's favor and try to reconcile. She just should have gone there in in her New Tatum incarnation because everyone knew she was full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 309October 17, 2020 7:11 PM

Hun Tatum is mentioned in many a biography including her own that she was doing drugs as a child. All of Hollywood knows this because they did drugs with her as a child.

by Anonymousreply 310October 18, 2020 1:54 AM

It speaks volumes of Ryan O'Neal that he would be anything less than bursting with pride if your child won an Academy Award. Like all true narcissists he saw it as completion. When a all a ten year old wanted was her dad to be excited and proud. I ja'dore Maddy Kahn but O'Neal was a once in a lifetime child performance. No matter how manipulated. Only Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver comes close. I give an edge to Foster because I believe she had the emotional maturity to know what she had to portray.

by Anonymousreply 311October 18, 2020 2:00 AM

Competition*

by Anonymousreply 312October 18, 2020 2:03 AM

Foster has stated many times that DeNiro was the first actor whoever took her aside and taught her how to build a character. She said before that she thought acting was just showing up and learning your lines. She played a real character with DeNiro's help.

by Anonymousreply 313October 18, 2020 2:27 AM

Tatum, Jodie, Linda Blair, Mary Badham and Anna Paquin are the great child performances ever.

by Anonymousreply 314October 18, 2020 4:48 AM

Many either don't know or have forgotten, but Jodie Foster played Addie in the tv version of Paper Moon, which had a very short run.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315October 18, 2020 7:20 AM

^^and Ryan O'Neal's part was played by his Peyton Place younger brother, Christopher Connelly.

by Anonymousreply 316October 18, 2020 7:20 AM

If Tatum wrote a cookbook, I, and a slew of other people would buy it. Guaranteed.

Or some other type of self help or natural therapy book.

I mean, Ariana Huffington wrote a book about SLEEP for crying out loud. Come ON!

Everybody’s doing it.

She could easily stir up PR about doing healing/yoga/therapy/whatever and then write a book about her “journey.”

At some point you have to turn the tables and start exploiting the Hollywood machine in your favor. They fucked you up? FUCK THEM, now you’re gonna make millions showing others how to deal with trauma. Own it and exploit it like they did to you. Go full on Susan Powter with that shit! Forget waiting for real estate.

Rosie did this with Celebrity detox and Find Me.

Shirley Macclaine revisits this whenever she needs some extra cash.

I think the bios were cathartic. Stare it in the face. So what if you’re reduced to a poster child? There are a lot of abused people. Somebody has to talk about living through these things.

Or fine, put it behind you. But anyone can do TV. Even Courtney Love bounced back, and she’s just as old. Talent doesn’t just dry up. It’s in her DNA with all the bad stuff everybody keeps going on about.

Don’t give up Tatum!

by Anonymousreply 317October 18, 2020 9:03 AM

Tatum already "wrote" two books, R317.

by Anonymousreply 318October 18, 2020 11:11 AM

I’ve enjoyed each of her books and I’d read just about anything she’d write.

I’ve always wondered if Ryan has used his will as a carrot for Tatum not to reveal the worst of the family secrets.

Seeing that Ryan hasn’t taken care of Tatum in life, I would not expect him to take care of her after his death. I hope she will be included in his will - and not as some dramatic final act like leaving her $1.

by Anonymousreply 319October 18, 2020 12:35 PM

If I was Ryan I wouldn't leave her a dime. She will either snort it up her nose or be incredibly reckless. He should just donate his money to charity where it will be used for good.

by Anonymousreply 320October 18, 2020 12:47 PM

Who else is Ryan going to leave his money to? Griffin and Redmond are druggies and freaks. Patrick is okay, but he's getting all of it?

by Anonymousreply 321October 18, 2020 12:50 PM

He should leave it to charity.

by Anonymousreply 322October 18, 2020 12:51 PM

[quote] If Tatum wrote a cookbook, I, and a slew of other people would buy it. Guaranteed.

...why?

by Anonymousreply 323October 18, 2020 12:56 PM

A fairly recent BBC bio of John McEnroe virtually wrote her out of his story. He didn’t seem to be able to utter her name. They have kids together, it’s a long time ago, and she has mental health issues. I’m not saying they should be friends but I thought it was cold.

by Anonymousreply 324October 18, 2020 1:38 PM

Didn't she write that when McEnroe was at the top of his game he was using performance enhancing drugs? Which could go a long way towards explaining his constant infantile temper tantrums.

by Anonymousreply 325October 18, 2020 1:47 PM

R314, Brandon DeWilde was terrific in Shane. Tye Sheridan (Mud), Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine) and Thomasina McKendrick (everything she’s been in) are recent standouts.

by Anonymousreply 326October 18, 2020 1:48 PM

I don't get the praise for Tatum in Paper Moon. Her performance was spoon fed and it shows. Kahn is beautiful in it. Really along with the gorgeous photography the only reasons to see the film.

by Anonymousreply 327October 18, 2020 1:59 PM

Was Ryan possibly already so despised In Hollywood at that time that Tatum’s Oscar was a fuck you to him and then became an even bigger hurdle between them?

by Anonymousreply 328October 18, 2020 2:11 PM

Tatum is so full of shit in that Wendy Williams interview.

"I never did drugs until I was 19, not 18."

NOT TRUE.

"My dad's reaction to me winning the Oscar when he wasn't nominated? I think he was proud of me."

NOT TRUE.

by Anonymousreply 329October 18, 2020 3:09 PM

Yeah, she said the opposite of what she wrote in her books. So is she lying now or was she lying then?

by Anonymousreply 330October 18, 2020 3:57 PM

R314, Spanky was terrific in the Little Rascals. Alfalfa, Darla and Styme were standouts. And don't forget Buckwheat!

by Anonymousreply 331October 18, 2020 4:06 PM

R327 it was a great child performance. For kid actors it’s all pretend. They aren’t thinking about character motivation, sense memory and the like. I think Academy members thought it would be cool to give a competitive Oscar to a little girl. She was cute and precocious in PM. Plus she played off great against her father. Who cares how that performance got to the screen? It’s there now for all eternity. I think she could’ve been a decent actress given the right guidance. But her her fucked up childhood and early 20s marriage to John derailed it. She really doesn’t care anymore about acting I believe. Now it’s just getting paid to be the victim.

by Anonymousreply 332October 18, 2020 5:06 PM

Reality TV is what’s left for her. She could do Beverly Hills Housewives. The Richards sisters would try to compete with her over whose childhood was the most traumatic.

by Anonymousreply 333October 18, 2020 5:22 PM

Why not a 'reality' show? It would be a paycheck. Team Tatum! Ryan can go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 334October 18, 2020 5:46 PM

"She really doesn’t care anymore about acting I believe."

R332, where have you been? Tatum spent last year begging for an acting job every show she appeared on, every place she went, to everyone she talked to. We even made fun of it here. Tatum may need cash, and acting is the only way she got it in the past workwise.

by Anonymousreply 335October 18, 2020 6:06 PM

R335 It’s just means to an end. It’s just a paycheck to her and cashing in on being an Oscar winner. As far as improving her craft, I don’t think she cares or else she would’ve been serious a long time ago is what I meant.

by Anonymousreply 336October 18, 2020 6:11 PM

^ She never cared

by Anonymousreply 337October 18, 2020 7:04 PM

OT: Was [italic]Little Darlings[/italic] popular when it was in theaters?

Tatum, Kristy McNichol, Armand Assante, Matt Dillon, a blonde Cynthia Nixon...

I saw it once in the early 2000s on either TNT, TBS or USA but I’ve never noticed it on TV again since then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338October 18, 2020 7:52 PM

Yes, it was a big hit. 19th top grossing movie of 1980.

by Anonymousreply 339October 18, 2020 8:36 PM

R334 She and Ryan already did a reality show. It lasted eight episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340October 18, 2020 9:07 PM

R334 She and Ryan already did a reality show. It lasted eight episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341October 18, 2020 9:07 PM

Sweet lovers walking hand-in-hand

by Anonymousreply 342October 19, 2020 3:27 AM

Gah that picture is so gross! I hope her father burns in hell when he goes! Gross. What a freaking nasty pig. Why the hell do people do such terrible shit to their kids ?!?

by Anonymousreply 343October 19, 2020 4:39 AM

She should do YouTube. What if she talked about nostalgia from the 70s. Maybe too triggering, but there must be some good memories...

Even Paris Hilton does cooking.

Maybe she could host a travel show (her own) or just follow her flea marketing or exploring somewhere with a quirky sidekick.

Or mysterious places in Hollywood. She’s HW royalty, I mean come on.

As much as people trash reality TV, it’s basically something lots of us like to have on in the background. It’s soothing and can occasionally be interesting.

Her struggle actually makes her more compelling because we all have demons, so it’s inspiring to see someone get back up and try. America loves an underdog.

I mean, Winona is doing Pantene and Stranger Things.

Amber shit the bed and still gets up and shrugs it off.

You never ever ever give up. Never.

by Anonymousreply 344October 19, 2020 6:03 AM

I thought her podcast showed she’s not a bad interviewer and listener. She wouldn’t be bad doing short interviews on ET or something-maybe with old stars or child stars.

by Anonymousreply 345October 19, 2020 6:09 AM

Exactly, r345.

by Anonymousreply 346October 19, 2020 6:13 AM

Maybe a one woman show like Wishful Drinking, Carrie toured forever with that and everyone loves that misery porn aspects as long as it’s mixed with sardonic humor. Bruce Vilanch could write it with her.

by Anonymousreply 347October 19, 2020 6:16 AM

Maybe r347, but with a more positive slant. Sometimes Carrie could be too dark.

by Anonymousreply 348October 19, 2020 6:48 AM

She has Rheumatoid Arthritis, according to what I have read. This is an autoimmune disease that is very serious. It doesn't ever go away and requires lifelong dosage of heavy duty meds (if you are lucky enough to get into remission). Your life is never the same after this diagnosis.

I know the deets because I was diagnosed late in life with this insidious disease. I take methotrexate once a week, forever. This is a low dose cancer drug. If you have flares, you are dosed with very toxic and expensive meds.

Have some compassion for this poor woman. She doesn't need to be second guessed by gossips. Have some compassion.

by Anonymousreply 349October 19, 2020 7:22 AM

Not sure which thread you're responding to, R349. I see a lot of support and compassion for Tatum here, and only a small amount of bitchiness.

by Anonymousreply 350October 19, 2020 11:53 AM

There's more bitchiness abt Streisand and her ass than Tatum on here. Of course Ryan is flagellated but deservedly so.

by Anonymousreply 351October 19, 2020 2:27 PM

R349, my mum has rheumatoid arthritis and functions fine as a retired 68 year-old. I think the concern that any of us alleged "gossips" have (which--BTW--aren't you on the wrong website if you're avoiding gossips?!?) is that Tatum not jump off a balcony or overdose because of the years of abuse Ryan has put her through. None of that is gossip...she did actually try to jump off the balcony, and her father has severely abused her over the years.

by Anonymousreply 352October 19, 2020 10:51 PM

I'm the former "Tatum O'Neal troll", I quit last year and made a thread about it. I apologized to Tatum last year and I regret trashing her.

Wish her all the best.

by Anonymousreply 353October 20, 2020 9:37 AM

How did you apologise, TO’NT? Phone call?

by Anonymousreply 354October 20, 2020 12:48 PM

R353 probably thinks he was the reason Tatum threatened to jump.

by Anonymousreply 355October 20, 2020 2:07 PM

Good for you for making amends, TONT. Hope you're doing better now.

by Anonymousreply 356October 20, 2020 2:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!