Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why most serial killers are straight men?

And why most of their victims are always women?

Is there a study about this?

by Anonymousreply 107October 14, 2020 9:24 AM

Source? If you haven’t seen a study, you have no foundation for your hypothesis, so you’re obviously a troll.

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2020 10:43 AM

I think it has to do with the heteronormative patriarch society we live in. It breeds man to view women as lesser and raise them with toxic traits that could lead to an antisocial personality.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2020 10:47 AM

Mommy issues.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2020 10:48 AM

There are hundreds of sturdies and books on this. My ex used to listen to some true crime podcasts and male serial killers usually have a sexual component hence the raping of the woman or her corpse.Straight men in my experience have issues with sex. We all do but straight men want sex, they particularly want no strings sex, but they despise women who will give it to them. The old Madonna white complex. I remember as a teen hearing boys use the most foul and violent language about girls “with a reputation”, the women in the Playboys they passed around, girls who had rejected them, exes who had not rejected them.....So it never surprised me to grow up and learn that sex workers are murdered at a disproportionate rate or that some serial killers target innocent looking young college girls. As to why serial killers are overwhelmingly male..men are more violent. Men comity over 90% of all violent crime. Men use more violent methods to kill themselves. My first job was at a call center and even over the phone men are more violent. Women will yell and scream and be pains in the butt but men would come on roaring that they are going to murder you/kill you/beat the shit out of you/kill your family.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2020 11:01 AM

virgin/whore

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2020 11:02 AM

R1 Are you serious? You just only need to pay attention, there are a lot of cases and most of them are straight men. There are exceptions, but that what they are, exceptions

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2020 11:03 AM

Because most men are straight?

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2020 11:08 AM

Sociopathy is either inborn or develops because of traumatic sexual or emotional abuse during childhood. Female sociopaths exist too, but they are rarely as violent.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2020 11:09 AM

Sorry, OP. But how fucking stupid or trollish are you?

The vast majority of murderers are men. The vast majority of men are straight.

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2020 11:13 AM

R7 But they are majority in percentage too, by far

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2020 11:13 AM

It's the question about why straight? Or why men?

If why straight, because that's are far more straight men than gay men. So there will be more straight killers than gay ones. Just like there are more straight bakers than gay ones.

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2020 11:14 AM

Source R10?

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2020 11:15 AM

Go to JSTOR and search thousands of scientific journals on the issue.

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2020 11:24 AM

Also, it is a scientific fact that many serial killers have the middle name Wayne.

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2020 12:40 PM

Straight WHITE men.

by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2020 1:35 PM

Gay men would go around hitting people with their purses.

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2020 3:29 PM

Burden of proof is in he who makes the claim.

by Anonymousreply 17October 11, 2020 11:27 PM

Lead contamination and car availability.

by Anonymousreply 18October 11, 2020 11:57 PM

Reasons, OP?

Certainly it's not that women ask for it and men are the only one there to do it.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2020 12:19 AM

Lead plus the 20th century wars.

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2020 12:21 AM

Same reason most rapes are by straight men, most pedophiles are straight men, most violence in general is straight men. Straight men are horrible.

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2020 12:22 AM

Gay men are serial tongue-lashers of women.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2020 12:23 AM

Ruh-roh. Patton got into the meds cabinet again, I guess.

Go to bed, Mr. Oswalt. Your guilt is transparent, uncomfortable, and benefits no-one. You know what you did; we know what you did. Let’s leave it in the dirt where it rests, alright?

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2020 12:45 AM

R15 The serial killer in the US with highest death count is a black man.

World wide there are only three white men in the top10 by number of victims. All Russian. The other seven are non white.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2020 12:59 AM

^with the highest death count

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2020 1:00 AM

Oh my god, you people really need to stop with the psychoanalysis. You are way out of your element. r4, in particular, is cringeworthy and embarrassing to read.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2020 1:03 AM

R24 you seem oddly insulted / defensive

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2020 1:08 AM

Where is the defensiveness in R24's post? It's factual information with no personal comment.

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2020 1:26 AM

[quote]you seem oddly insulted / defensive

And you seem simply odd.

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2020 1:31 AM

Fuck off, racist R15.

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2020 1:55 AM

Here is a list of the world's most prolific serial killers ranked by number of confirmed victims.

r15 is correct: only three among the top ten are Caucasian, and not one of them is American (they are or were all citizens of the former Soviet Union). The rest of them are South American (4 of the ten), South Asian (2), and East Asian (1).

The most prolific serial killer who is American is #11, Samuel Little, who has 50 proven victims. He is African-American.

It is striking that so few serial killers are women. In this woman the woman who ranks the highest are both at #24: Vera Renczi of Romania, who supposedly killed 35 men in the 1920s, and Clementine Barnabet of the US, who killed 35 members of several families with an axe in Louisiana in 1911. (They are both tied with Ted Bundy.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2020 2:15 AM

Dahmer is widely believed to be gay and hes proabably the first or second most famous serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2020 2:19 AM

I guess sometimes Americans think locally rather than globally and globally white people are a tiny minority mostly living in countries that are democratic, secular and wealthy so it stands to reason that white men wont feature all that much on lists of most terrible X in the world. IMO not thinking globally is the cause of what I call the regressive left. The thought process goes - these people are a minority in the US > minorities are victims and we must protect their rights > therefore every member of this group is a victim > therefore I must defend this group at all times and then you get ridiculous scenarios like the regressive left doing the bidding of radical Islamists or embarrassing themselves to probe how not racist they are to Indian immigrants who are paying 50K a year in private school fees to avoid their kids interacting with lazy white people! People are people. Men are men all over the world. Our circumstances and our culture can make us more or less likely to indulge our most basic and violent human tendencies. Even in racially homogenous societies humans will separate into religious groups or class structures we then the dominant group will be more openly violent towards the weaker groups because they can while the weaker group will target each other because they can’t get away with punching up. TLDR Get a dog.

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2020 2:22 AM

Randy Kraft...gay, John Wayne Gacy...gay, Gary Ray Bowles...gay, Dean Corll...gay, etc, etc, etc.

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2020 2:24 AM

Not to forget William Bonin - gay

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2020 2:27 AM

Buffalo Bill - gay

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2020 2:32 AM

Two of you have mentioned lead, is that really a thing?

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2020 2:49 AM

Lindsey Graham - gay

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2020 2:51 AM

Fritz Haarmann, the Butcher of Hannover -gay

by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2020 2:54 AM

Larry Eyler-gay

by Anonymousreply 40October 12, 2020 2:56 AM

I am an avid watcher of Forensic Files and Cold Case Files, and would have really thought that the US was top dog in serial killings, but am surprised to learn there are other countries that have far more serial killers with more victims.

However, one wonders about their justice practices/forensics/whether they just jumped on the bandwagon of "yup, this is the guy."

by Anonymousreply 41October 12, 2020 3:28 AM

Violent people are more likely to like women. That's why jail is all straight guys and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 42October 12, 2020 5:16 AM

[quote] Dahmer is widely believed to be gay and hes proabably the first or second most famous serial killer.

IMO, Dahmer was gay, period.

by Anonymousreply 43October 12, 2020 6:04 AM

R24 and R31 are a couple of sniveling, pussy ass, whiny STRAIGHT WHITE AMERICAN MALES trying to split hairs to, yet again, weasel out of the evil that they've done to others. For 400 years, they've loved pointing the finger at other races (especially Black people) and saying every hateful thing that comes into their toxic minds but direct any legitimate criticism at them and all the bitch comes out of them, nothing but self-pitying complaints. What country produces the MOST serial killers? The U.S.A. is unmatched among the world's countries with 2,743 serial killers, amounting to 67.41% of the entire world's serial killers on record. And don't get me started on mass killers, mostly STRAIGHT WHITE men who murder large groups of people at one time.

by Anonymousreply 44October 12, 2020 6:48 AM

R44, the most homophobic, racist, sexist countries are headed by non-white males. The most egalitarian free-thinking countries in the world are headed by white males. Take a step back and check your facts before you spout your pc garbage.

by Anonymousreply 45October 12, 2020 7:59 AM

[quote] Dahmer is widely believed to be gay.

R32 receipts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2020 2:11 PM

The Fraus and Lezzies who shutdown any thread that even has a peep of negativity about women are flicking their numb clits to this one.

by Anonymousreply 47October 12, 2020 2:30 PM

R44 You know nothing about the world.

Look up the men on this list. None white. Educate yourself to their reign of terror, their death counts. Hitler is nothing compared to Mao.

Kim Jong-Il

Idi Amin Dada

Emperor Hirohito

Yahya Khan

Koki Hirota

Chiang Kai-shek

Hideki Tojo

Ho Chi Minh

Yakubu Gowon

Mao Zedong

Mengistu Haile Mariam

Kim Il Sung

Saddam Hussein

Ismail Enver Pasha

Omar al-Bashir

by Anonymousreply 48October 12, 2020 3:19 PM

R44 You are wrong.

Statistically black men do more killing in the US in proportion to population.

by Anonymousreply 49October 12, 2020 3:38 PM

R49 (aka R24, R25, R29, R48, R49) - wow, you are quite triggered.

by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2020 3:42 PM

R50 The one who seems triggered is you. Triggered by actual facts.

by Anonymousreply 51October 12, 2020 5:51 PM

Breaking news, in Japan, most serial killers are straight Japanese men.

by Anonymousreply 52October 12, 2020 6:04 PM

Breaking news, in Japan, most serial killers are straight Japanese men.

by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2020 6:04 PM

Just where is r44 getting her statistics?

And why would we assume the underdeveloped world has good tracking and identification methods for serial killers?

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2020 6:58 PM

R 51 Sure, Klan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2020 7:48 PM

Totally straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 12, 2020 7:54 PM

R54 She gets upset when challenged. Call out her bullshit and you'll be called names. That is the best she can do.

by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2020 7:55 PM

Herb Baumeister - gay

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2020 8:00 PM

Serial killers are gay males. It's often not disclosed that they are gay. The Unabomber was gay.

by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2020 8:28 PM

"Source? If you haven’t seen a study, you have no foundation for your hypothesis, so you’re obviously a troll."

Where are all your studies proving otherwise? It's common knowledge that the vast majority of murders are committed by men (not just in the US but all over the world). Most men are straight. Why wouldn't most serial killers be straight men?

by Anonymousreply 60October 12, 2020 8:31 PM

r59, no, the Unabomber wasn't gay and, no, most serial killers are not gay

by Anonymousreply 61October 12, 2020 8:32 PM

"Go to bed, Mr. Oswalt. Your guilt is transparent, uncomfortable, and benefits no-one. You know what you did; we know what you did. Let’s leave it in the dirt where it rests, alright?"

Yawn, the weirdo "I hate Patton Oswalt" idiots from the I'll Be Gone in the Dark thread are back. Do these loons have to infect every thread?

by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2020 8:34 PM

Looks like a disproportionate number of serial killers are gay men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2020 8:55 PM

And almost all serial killers are misogynist. They tweet women like garbage, dead or alive.

Why do you think they're always left hacked to pieces in some garbage bag thrown on the side of the road or in dumpsters?

by Anonymousreply 64October 12, 2020 9:06 PM

"treat NOT tweet... Lol

Not autocorrect terror, I just need to tweak my voice to text recognition. New phone

by Anonymousreply 65October 12, 2020 9:07 PM

And yet, R48, the vast majority of American serial killers and mass shooters are STILL white, straight, men!

The rest of us note it and discuss it, because there's something in the psychology of American white straight men that disturbs the rest of us, a mass entitlement that we don't have, the expectation that the white straight man should always be at the center of things regardless of other people's abilities, and the destructive rage when he realizes that no, he's not going to be handed everything he feels entitled to. That rage expresses itself in all sorts of forms, from "mansplaining" to subway spreading, to voting Republican to killing other people to express their overwhelming rage at a world that has failed to deliver everything he feels he deserves. Everyone who isn't a white straight male can sense that anger and entitlement, and loathes the everyday forms it takes.

Of course the psychology of foreign tyrants and assholes of other nations is also interesting, but that's for other threads. But this thread, R48, is about you and your ilk.

by Anonymousreply 66October 12, 2020 9:07 PM

You can’t say “67.41%” and then claim nobody needs a source.

by Anonymousreply 67October 12, 2020 9:11 PM

Just, do the Bit, R62.

Why do you all strive to be the gaping hole in every single thread? What happened to good hearty Black Yuma? Who gave the Makden Aunt brigade Monitor sashes?

by Anonymousreply 68October 12, 2020 9:12 PM

R66 So many sweeping generalizations, painting all with the same brush. You sound like the typical racist.

by Anonymousreply 69October 12, 2020 9:50 PM

I think it may depend on the method the serial killer uses. I think that the murderers who are most "successful" and thus turn into serial killers may be the ones who are the best con men and can gain your trust even if for only a moment. The underlying bias against black or darker skinned men may make it harder for them to use an approach to their victim that requires some trust by the victim.

That's just my non-expert opinion on why it is usually whites. If I believed that Wayne Williams was really responsible for all those killings in Atlanta (I'm just not sure they didn't extrapolate his guilt to resolve unsolved murders) then I'd say it was because his victims were mostly were also black - maybe all of them were I just don't remember now.

Obviously if someone sneaks up on you and hits you over the head then my theory doesn't work so well.

The straight part I really have no opinion on except that there is usually a sexual component to certain killings especially by serial or ritualistic killers. But why wouldn't gay men also be subject to that paraphilia?

Lovely discussion and nicely distracting from that abomination going on in Congress at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 70October 12, 2020 10:23 PM

I should add that this ^^^ is clearly a parochial view by an American and about American killers. I don't really know about African serial killers in Africa.

by Anonymousreply 71October 12, 2020 10:25 PM

I've been interested in serial killers since the term was coined, way back in the before times. Most serial killers - that we know of - have been straight white guys. It's usually a combination of nature and nurture. There are gay and female serial killers but not as many - again, that we know of.

by Anonymousreply 72October 12, 2020 10:44 PM

Why are straight me so evil?

by Anonymousreply 73October 12, 2020 10:51 PM

At least half of serial killers are gay males. Mist serial killers are nonwhite males. The white ones like Ted Bundy get more publicity. The straight white male has nothing to be pissed about. Many gays serial killers are not identified as such

by Anonymousreply 74October 12, 2020 11:03 PM

R74, that's not even remotely true that half of serial killers are gay

by Anonymousreply 75October 12, 2020 11:06 PM

R74 is incorrect. I don't know what he gets out of those lies, other than tossed in the ignore hole.

One thing that is interesting is the number of serial killers who are adopted or semi-adopted (adoption by one parent married to bio-mother). Presumably it's due to attachment disorders but the whole area is pretty murky.

by Anonymousreply 76October 12, 2020 11:09 PM

At least 40% of male serial killers are gay. Way overrepresented.

by Anonymousreply 77October 12, 2020 11:13 PM

No, 40% of serial killers aren't gay. Thanks for playing, freak. Back into Ignore with your fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 78October 12, 2020 11:24 PM

"The underlying bias against black or darker skinned men may make it harder for them to use an approach to their victim that requires some trust by the victim."

Actually, I've always suspected that black serial killers and/or serial killers who prey on black people are less likely to get caught, as the police would put much less effort into the murder of a poor black person than a white college girl. And that's not just institutionalized racism at work, the fact is, the police just don't do much to investigate of the poor and marginalized groups such as prostitutes, endless resources will be spent chasing Ted Bundy or Andrew Cunanan, who went after pretty white girls and prominent citizens, respectively, very little happens when some poor urban-poor bastard is found shot dead.

Yes, I know about the Atlanta Child Murders and how much investigating happened there, but that was an exception. The murders of that many children couldn't be written off as "gang-related".

by Anonymousreply 79October 12, 2020 11:43 PM

R79. This is true. The police don't care when poor or black kids disappear. The image of a 'victim' in the US is a young, usually blonde, white woman of means. Look up missing white woman syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 80October 12, 2020 11:56 PM

[quote]Statistically black men do more killing in the US in proportion to population.

The topic is serial killers.

by Anonymousreply 81October 13, 2020 12:43 AM

R79, good points.

Did anyone ever think the Atlanta child murders were gang related? I thought they always suspected a serial killer but then I don't remember much about it now. And as far as I know it is truly a real stretch to say no police care when black children are murdered.

by Anonymousreply 82October 13, 2020 12:59 AM

Most if not all serial killers are gay. Many gays are deep in closet especially the serial killer type. Ted Bundy was sort of straight, I guess. Hard to tell. He certainly hated women. I could not point to a clear case of a straight serial killer. Straight men adore women.

by Anonymousreply 83October 13, 2020 1:15 AM

R82 I'm sure they do care, but they don't get the same pressure from the press or the public. Same with when a prostitute or felon disappears. It's not a good story. But a 'nice', rich white girl? The press and police are on it like flies on shit.

by Anonymousreply 84October 13, 2020 1:16 AM

Plenty of straight men hate women, and plenty of straight women hate men, R83.

Needless to say these people dont tend to get a lot of fun out of heterosexuality, but the straight men are the ones likely to take the hate to the point of violence or murder.

by Anonymousreply 85October 13, 2020 1:18 AM

R83, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Plenty of straight men hate women. Liking someone and desiring them sexually are two different things. Most men who beat, rape, and murder women are straight. Gay serial killers usually target males, not females

by Anonymousreply 86October 13, 2020 1:22 AM

R83 please read more, dear

by Anonymousreply 87October 13, 2020 1:22 AM

40% of female inmates are not straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 13, 2020 1:29 AM

Like I said, the more violent you are, the more likely you are to fuck women. That's why jail is full of straight guys and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 89October 13, 2020 1:44 AM

^ that link also says that a disproportionate number of MALE prisoners are gay/bi

It doesn't distinguish between gays and bis though, you don't know how many are are gay specifically

by Anonymousreply 90October 13, 2020 1:55 AM

Because heterosexuality is one of the root causes of terrorism, 0P.

by Anonymousreply 91October 13, 2020 2:00 AM

[quote] ^ that link also says that a disproportionate number of MALE prisoners are gay/bi

Not really. Guys that fuck trannies because they don't have a woman for their violent super horny self aren't gay. They just can't control themselves so they "make the guys into a woman" for them to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 92October 13, 2020 2:33 AM

"Guys that fuck trannies because they don't have a woman for their violent super horny self aren't gay."

Read the article. These are guys who IDENTIFY AS gay or bi. Guys who only fuck t-girls or only fuck guys in prison don't call themselves bi or gay.

by Anonymousreply 93October 13, 2020 2:58 AM

R92: That is not heterosexuality by any stretch of the imagination.

by Anonymousreply 94October 13, 2020 2:23 PM

R89 females of any sexuality have to be pushed hard to kill another adult even once. When they do snap they’re dangerous, but they can and are expected to take a lot of damage before that (though they shouldn’t have to). Female serial killers are so rare, and the few there have been come from horrifying or tragic origins. Frankly, women are more likely to kill children and elders (for complex reasons), or due to coercion or severe mental illness to assist men with killing other adults in their prime.

Straight men - with average lives and little real trauma by comparison - get rejected for a handful of dates or lose a job or have a sexuality crisis, and they turn into stalkers and killers of grown women and gay men. It takes relatively little to push a hetero male into senseless killing for the pleasure of it. They are also more likely to gaslight and indoctrinate others into killing for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 13, 2020 4:14 PM

"Frankly, women are more likely to kill children and elders (for complex reasons), or due to coercion or severe mental illness to assist men with killing other adults in their prime."

No, they're not more likely to "kill children and elders"

by Anonymousreply 96October 13, 2020 4:54 PM

Racism against straight men is a bit childish. We all know this

by Anonymousreply 97October 14, 2020 1:37 AM

R97 isn't quite sure what racism is

by Anonymousreply 98October 14, 2020 1:39 AM

R97: That's a racist statement. Comparing racism, which affects LGB people of color disproportionately, to heterosexual male violence is a false comparison.

by Anonymousreply 99October 14, 2020 1:43 AM

" Gay serial killers usually target males, not females"

Name one gay serial killer who targeted women.

by Anonymousreply 100October 14, 2020 2:46 AM

R100 John Wayne Gacy, who was targeting his friend Rosalynn Carter.

by Anonymousreply 101October 14, 2020 2:50 AM

Ted kazinsky was classic serial killer/ homosexual. Deep rage directed in every direction. The only reason we know he is gay is because if what his brother said. The media didn't really discuss his sexuality. Ted Bundy hated women so likely gay.

by Anonymousreply 102October 14, 2020 3:06 AM

He wasn't gay, and neither was Bundy

Hating women does not make you gay.

by Anonymousreply 103October 14, 2020 3:25 AM

Testosterone

by Anonymousreply 104October 14, 2020 3:35 AM

R94 : It's the closest to it that they can get when they're where they are.

by Anonymousreply 105October 14, 2020 3:38 AM

The scary thing is that many gay serial killers are sane. That can't be said of straight serial killers.

by Anonymousreply 106October 14, 2020 9:01 AM

R3, Your not wrong. Birth control in the 60s and 70s also saw a decrease of serial killers in the 90s and aughts.

by Anonymousreply 107October 14, 2020 9:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!