Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Catfishing

Would love to know where DL comes down on the subject of catfishing. I’m firmly against and am advising someone to pursue a legal remedy. If you haven’t been victim to it (I have), not sure you cqn fully know the impact. But, I haven’t had cancer and i cqn still have an opioin. So,

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2020 10:06 AM

Karmacally. Fuck you spell check!

by Anonymousreply 1October 10, 2020 5:54 PM

Are you sure you don't have brain cancer, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2October 10, 2020 5:55 PM

[quote] Karmacally. Fuck you spell check!

What about your other howlers, OP/R1?

Also, the fault isn't spellcheck's; it's yours.

by Anonymousreply 3October 10, 2020 5:59 PM

It depends on your end goal. If you’re just tying to get nudes and have no intention of meeting someone, then you might be “successful”.

If you’re trying to eventually be in a relationship with this person (who the f knows how), that’s not going to go well for you.

BTW, if someone just collected pics from you, OP, what sort of legal remedy are you hoping for?

by Anonymousreply 4October 10, 2020 6:00 PM

I’d like to see Nev and Max finally consummate their love for each other

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 10, 2020 6:02 PM

R4 In NY, its illegal to “profit” from pretending to be someone else online. Profit is loosely defined and isn’t necessarily monetary. There have been prosecutions of catfishers, though they tend to plead out.

by Anonymousreply 6October 10, 2020 6:03 PM

It's fucked up no matter what. Also, "Catfish" the tv show is exploitative and the hosts are creepy opportunists. They are essentially giving a media platform for scammers and sociopaths. It's sick.

by Anonymousreply 7October 10, 2020 6:13 PM

R6: Also, it’s usually interstate, so the feds have standing to be involved, though they largely stay out except in the most egregious cases.

by Anonymousreply 8October 10, 2020 6:29 PM

Catfisting? It’s hard to get your fist up there and it really pisses off the cat.

by Anonymousreply 9October 10, 2020 6:37 PM

R9's comment reminds me of my husband's imitation of Marlin Perkins calmly narrating the process of Jim Fowler giving a warm-water enema to a panther. The visual I got after hearing this caused me to laugh so hard I had to get my asthma inhaler.

by Anonymousreply 10October 10, 2020 6:46 PM

Doing it for revenge can be very therapeutic.

by Anonymousreply 11October 10, 2020 7:54 PM

I found out my partner is catfishing on fetlife. He’s loosely using details about himself, but he’s claiming to be 20 years younger and is using the selfies and nudes of some random guy. I’m not sure his motive, although I know it’s usually done out of boredom or lack of self esteem. What bothers me is the intimate conversations he has with other guys, and how he tells them they’re hot, have nice cocks, etc. I feel like it’s emotional cheating. I know, MARY! I don’t know if or how to confront him. And before anyone asks, we share electronic devices, and he forgot to log out and wipe his history.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 1:21 AM

Unless you're doing it to prank someone who is a complete dick, no, not defensible.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 1:22 AM

Karaclly.

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2020 1:24 AM

I catfish homophobic straight men to get nudes from them. I'd say as long as you only target assholes there's nothing wrong with it.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2020 1:25 AM

I think it's 100% fine to catfish closeted gays who are detrimental to other gays and work tirelessly against us - i.e. politicians like Aaron Schock et al.

Then out them. It's a public service. I wouldn't have a clue how to do it though.

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2020 1:32 AM

I catfished my bro in law and then posted his nudes to Facebook. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2020 2:52 AM

Yeah, but how would you feel about your partner doing what mine is doing?

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2020 10:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!