Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When Trump Loses The Election: Prediction

1. He will lose in a landslide

2. He will spend the first week making noise about not accepting the results and voter fraud and all that.

3. McTurtle and other surviving GOP senators will signal that they accept Biden's victory. They will do this because they realize they have far more power under a Biden presidency than under an illegitimate/illegal Trump presidency

4. They will challenge random Congressional and state house races in order to make it seem like they are not just rolling over

5. Trump, having no other options, will be forced to leave the White House but will not concede and continue to tweet about FAKE WINNER and VOTER FRAUD until Dorsey shuts off his account on January 21st

6. Trump will continue on as a talk radio show host, riling up the masses and making fairly regular appearances on Fox, but the rest of the media will largely ignore him as his audience is not very large, they have other bigger stories to cover and (most important) the audience had grown tired of Trump and people don't engage with stories about him.

7. The NY Attorney General, under pressure from both sides of the political aisle will allow the Trumps to take a plea bargain that essentially leaves them broke. The impetus will be the notion that Trump has finally faded into the background and a trial would only put him front and center again in a nation that needs to move past him.

8. In 2023/24 there will be a spate of books essentially congratulating America for overcoming the greatest threat to democracy in the nation's history. In 2030, there will be a spate of books that attempt to explain how 2020 happened,

by Anonymousreply 174May 18, 2021 11:52 AM

When Trump loses he will either make unbelievable trouble until Inauguration OR he will flee the country to avoid prosecution. He will not stick around.

by Anonymousreply 1October 10, 2020 3:25 PM

So, he's toast?

by Anonymousreply 2October 10, 2020 3:27 PM

I was kind of hoping he would die on November 4.

by Anonymousreply 3October 10, 2020 3:31 PM

OP, from the group I follow on Twitter, they're saying he is literally losing his mind. He's losing the election and is really freaked out by SDNY. He has nowhere to turn and thats why his batshit craziness reaches new highs everyday.

I dont think they have floated any 'flee the country' speculation but one can always hope.

by Anonymousreply 4October 10, 2020 3:32 PM

Not bad OP except #6. Trump does have a large audience, media-wise. Remember that a great rating on Fox is 2 million viewers. Trump has far more than that at his command. He won't go away unless he has to for legal or health reasons. And, of course, he might start his own network or team up with OAN or some such.

My prediction is different. I think Trump will die in 2021 -- whatever is keeping him alive will fade after he loses and the combination of the loss, the tax issues, the possible legal battles, and depression will finally kill him.

When he goes, part of the nation will mourn and cry, but most of the nation will be relieved. Don Jr. however, will try to take up the mantle rather than Ivanka, who, with Jared, will face legal issues of her own. Javanka would rather return to NY and use their wealth to buy their way back into their social circles which are as shallow and superficial as the Trumps.

by Anonymousreply 5October 10, 2020 3:33 PM

Bear in mind there's a likelihood that he'd be sticking around with a Dem Senate to block his confirmations, and hold even nastier hearings. He can only try to hold on in a real squeaker, which is highly unlikely. RNC and Congressional Rs will acknowledge Biden as new prez.

by Anonymousreply 6October 10, 2020 3:35 PM

I'm scared he's going to win! The polls were wrong in 2016 and how do we know they aren't wrong now?

by Anonymousreply 7October 10, 2020 3:36 PM

Fairly plausible, OP. But I do think there could be some bursts of political violence accompanying all this. Driven by crazed Trump supports of the "Let's kidnap Gretchen Whitmer" variety.

by Anonymousreply 8October 10, 2020 3:36 PM

I think his audience is fading quickly R5

Sort of the way a TV series loses viewers once it becomes stale.

The Trump Show had a good run but his supporters are ready to move on to something else. He keeps trotting out his greatest hits about Hillary and Obama and they become more irrelevant and that pushes the audience elsewhere.

Fox will move on to promoting Tom Cotton or Josh Hawley or someone else in that vein and Trump will be forgotten

by Anonymousreply 9October 10, 2020 3:37 PM

I can see that R8. Though that will likely cause the GOP Senators to come down more firmly on "Biden won. This is the US. We have peaceful and orderly transfers of power"

by Anonymousreply 10October 10, 2020 3:43 PM

R7

Comparing 2016 and 2020 has become apples and oranges. Clinton was never close to competitive in places like TX and GA; Biden's support is far more solid, those voters who disliked both candidates last time, so were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, have completely soured on the incumbent.

by Anonymousreply 11October 10, 2020 3:45 PM

I can’t believe people are so cocky about this again.

It was a certain landslide last time. No one doubted it except Steve Bannon. MSNBC pre-partied and Fox News accepted their losing fate.

My dad taught me to expect the worst and hope for the best to reduce disappointment.

The more confident people are that Trump will lose, and the more vocal about it, the more complacent anti-Trump people who are not excited by Biden will be and the more motivated hateful Republican cult members will be.

Do we ever learn from the past? Even just four years ago?

by Anonymousreply 12October 10, 2020 3:54 PM

R9: I agree, the Orange Manatee will have jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 13October 10, 2020 4:03 PM

I'm with R8. I fear for the violence and unrest that will ensue regardless of the outcome. Trump panders to white nationalists and allowed them to become mainstream again. I doubt these people will just go away just because Biden wins. A pandora's box has been opened and we'll be dealing with it for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 14October 10, 2020 4:03 PM

I think it’s a small group making a lot of noise. Trump is a paper tiger. At heart he’s a huge pussy. I have a friend who is election attorney who said there are a 1000 scenarios here but vote counting is as important as voter turnout. And if it’s a 57-43 race he’s done which seems entirely possible at this point.

by Anonymousreply 15October 10, 2020 4:14 PM

Trump will go on a rampage, murder his entire family, rape Ivanov and then chop her head off, and then shoot himself in the brain

by Anonymousreply 16October 10, 2020 4:20 PM

Ivanov = Ivanka

by Anonymousreply 17October 10, 2020 4:20 PM

R16 Is the perfect ending to this high drama, and it demonstrates how David Lynch movies are both utterly surreal and true at heart.

by Anonymousreply 18October 10, 2020 4:22 PM

I hate these kind of posts. No one cares what you imagine about the future, Nosferatu. Why don't you use your brain for something worthwhile and examine the facts of the present?

by Anonymousreply 19October 10, 2020 4:22 PM

If he goes to prison, he can't tweet or go on tv. Not seeing this jerk on tv every day would be a blessing. Of course, even if he tries to pardon himself, he can't do that against state charges, so there would be quite a bit of reporting about prosecutions and lawsuits about him, his family and those around him. But hopefully the press won't show those people talking, just reports of it for the most part.

Don't be complacent and think Biden has it in the bag -- remember Hillary last time, and go and vote Trump out! Early voting is even better than mail-in in that it will be counted on election night, so Trump can't try to call some kind of early victory. One thing different this year is that people have told me for months that they can't wait to vote.

by Anonymousreply 20October 10, 2020 4:23 PM

R19 mistaking Nosferatu for Nostradamus is just a moment of pure DL joy.

by Anonymousreply 21October 10, 2020 4:24 PM

R20 I believe both Roger Stone and Michael Cohen tweeted regularly while in prison.

by Anonymousreply 22October 10, 2020 4:25 PM

The Repugs always hated Trump. They realized the most they were going to get out of this surprise administration is a tax cut for the rich; a bunch of Christian Supremacist judges; and raping the environment for profit.

by Anonymousreply 23October 10, 2020 4:29 PM

The thing that really gets me is that this fucking idiot had four years to do something - anything - that would have created an exit plan and he did nothing. He can't even be motivated to save himself.

He has gulped down hamberders, shat his Depends, Tweeted insults, slander and lies and paraded his sagging unwiped ass around the country for Nazi-esque rallies.

And that is pretty much all he's done, other than shred any document with a prior living president's signature on it.

He is not going to go gentle into that great goodnight. And I don't mean that as some Dylan Thomas-y noble railing against the fading of the light horseshit. I mean he will have to be pried out of that fucking house by armed guards.

I do expect violence from his supporters, but I also think it will be patchy, swiftly and brutally suppressed and will not lead to any lasting activities from more than the lunatic fringe.

He's not going to be a radio star. He and his fucking family are going to be buried under so many lawsuits they'll never dig out, and I expect more than one of them to spend some time rotting in jail.

Bannon is going to turn on them, and Pascale, and probably a lot of other vipers.

by Anonymousreply 24October 10, 2020 4:29 PM

Especially in a post berating somebody else for not using their brain, R21.

by Anonymousreply 25October 10, 2020 4:29 PM

The CIA will take out Papa Trump. He's a national security risk -- a walking, blabbing machine. Fat fuck is gonna go running to Moscow to reveal sensitive state secrets the first moment he gets. That or nightly just talk shit on a cable channel. Get a gig on a OVN or something.

by Anonymousreply 26October 10, 2020 4:29 PM

You forgot the HBO movies which rake in 50 emmy nominations, OP.

November 4, the Republicans (or what's remaining of them) are going to drop Trump like a hot potato. They're just waiting for an excuse. Him losing in a landslide will be it. They'll always be a few true believers like Tom Cotton and Matt Gaetz, but most will be like "I don't agree with Trump on XYZ." Martha McSally is already halfway there, but it's not working for her.

Never let them off the hook for what they did.

by Anonymousreply 27October 10, 2020 4:30 PM

I assume he will be assassinated as well. He's a massive risk to the Western World.

by Anonymousreply 28October 10, 2020 4:39 PM

I want Trump in prison, convicted of his multiple crimes.

I want everyone in his administration imprisoned, convicted of all their numerous crimes.

I want fucking ACCOUNTABILITY.

by Anonymousreply 29October 10, 2020 4:46 PM

If he loses he will make some rambling nonsensical speech, never really conceding.

He will spend weeks trying to stir up conspiracy shit and generally being really annoying.

He won't attend the inauguration and slip out in the night.

by Anonymousreply 30October 10, 2020 4:50 PM

My main feeling now is one of unwanted hope. I don’t want to hope. I don’t want to have my heart broken again. I want to do my part and await the outcome, unmoved by a feeling that it just might work.

I don’t want to go to bed sick like in 2016, my celebratory glass of wine turned to vinegar on my tongue.

by Anonymousreply 31October 10, 2020 4:51 PM

If Biden doesn’t win, this is the last election ever, and we’re going to live in a third world country with no hope of ever having a correction. Iraq with Saddam Hussein, Uganda with Idi Amin. Trump’s already promising to do things no one has ever done to people that were against him. Expect concentration camps. Wholesale murders by his white supremacist “militia” brownshirts. This guy will stop at absolutely nothing.

Do whatever you have to do to get everyone you know to vote for Biden. Drive old people to the polls, whatever you have to do. This is the end, right here, right now, if we don’t.

by Anonymousreply 32October 10, 2020 4:57 PM

I predict:

-A surge in democratic mail in ballots which is already happening, making it one of the most participated elections in history.

-An almost certain win for Biden leading up to election day.

-An even stronger than typical turn out for in person voting by republicans in swing states and in general, refusing to vote by mail

-Trump barely winning the electoral college but democrats demanding a delayed victory speech until all the ballots are counted.

-I think the script will be flipped where it won't be Trump holding things up or refusing the white house, but the Democratic party refusing to accept the results. Recounts, delays, etc.

-I think it will be very close, but Trump will barely eek out the win and Biden will overwhelmingly win the popular vote.

-If Trump wins, I expect massive protests and just complete rioting in every major city.

-If Biden wins, I worry that it will be rogue republicans with guns doing things i don't want to predict, but much scarier than riots because they are unpredictable and will be more "out of nowhere" lone wolf type things

by Anonymousreply 33October 10, 2020 5:00 PM

I agree with most of what has been posted on this thread. Any of the scenarios are possible.

I was reading about the upcoming election and it seems trump is now even starting to lose some of his base support. If the polls are correct, he had a steady support of 43% for the longest time, and now it's at 39%. That means his support is eroding amongst his own base.

The E-V website posted a column from Politico's Tim Alberta, and it pretty much reflects what has been posted here, Americans have become tired of trump.

Here's a short excerpt:

Tim Alberta is Politico's star reporter and is as plugged into what's going on politically as anyone out there. He spends a lot of time on the ground talking to voters but also knows as many insiders as Maggie Haberman or Mike Allen. Anything he writes should be taken seriously, He just wrote a long piece in which he talks about four funny feelings he has. Here is a summary.

• Trump Fatigue Is Real: People are tired of Trump. Everything is about him, all day long. They feel trapped in a reality TV program and want to change the channel but they can't. This even holds for his supporters. Trump's advisers understand that the less he is in the news, the better it is for him, actually. But now he completely dominates the news. In the past 2 weeks alone, we had his taxes, the debate, and then his getting COVID-19. People have just had enough. Some may even resent that he had an opportunity to reset the discussion and completely blew it by having his doctor try to mislead the country and then going joyriding, thus endangering the lives of his Secret Service bodyguards.

I've linked the whole column, if you want to read more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 10, 2020 5:03 PM

One final prediction - I do think it will be four more years of Trump, by which point boomers will be really dying off by the next election and we will see the complete opposite in 2024. I see a shift to AOC & the squad coming to power, the 2024 president being in their early 40's, much younger, and a very progressive agenda that is more widely accepted. The majority voters at that point will be Gen X, Millennial, and Gen Z will be just starting to vote or it will be there second election more informed. I think there will actually be less division and people just willing take a chance on a "extreme left" b/c there isn't much to lose.

by Anonymousreply 35October 10, 2020 5:07 PM

I'm worried that R12 is correct.

I clearly remember 2016 when everybody said there wasn't a chance in hell of Dump winning the election. Everybody was 100% certain of it. There were so many reasons why he wouldn't win. It was absolutely inconceivable. Not even vaguely possible.

Then he won.

I'm also seeing the same cockiness again. And I'm worried.

by Anonymousreply 36October 10, 2020 5:10 PM

R35, all the Republicans aren’t going to die. Extreme left wingers won’t be the majority in our lifetimes. Young Republican Nazis and terrorists will still be out there.

Biden isn’t winning because everyone loves him, he’s winning because few hate him.

by Anonymousreply 37October 10, 2020 5:11 PM

VOTE you whores!!! Don’t you realize yet that they are cheating?!? Literally our sole hope is to have a large enough margin. Get off your fat jelly-ass and recruit ONE PERSON to vote, preferably someone young because they’ll love the attention. You need to be working phone banks too.

Do you still fail to understand that YOU can vote and that your vote really and truly matters? It matters bitch!!

by Anonymousreply 38October 10, 2020 5:14 PM

If the Senate goes blue and Trump wins, how long do you think they'll let him sit there? They have grounds to impeach him five times over already. And with the Senate blue, I can't imagine they won't elect to remove.

I don't think the country can take another four years of this. Trump will do NOTHING about Covid. He will do NOTHING about health care. He will do NOTHING about forest fires or climate-related crises. He will bankrupt our agriculture and drain the treasury. And God forbid anything on the international scene heads south. He'll be nuking everything he can.

He tiny little hands are covered in blood. And he likes it. Blood tastes yummy to him. Better than hamberders!

There won't be a point in voting after another four years because the nation will have collapsed.

by Anonymousreply 39October 10, 2020 5:14 PM

You all have to really vote trump OUT. All Republicans too.

Vote for Joe Biden.

Vote for the Democratic Candidate in all elections (national, state, local).

Fill out your sample ballot and keep it, so you have proof. Yes, it is this serious, this DIRE.

by Anonymousreply 40October 10, 2020 5:15 PM

Great: "We're ALL lazy AND poor now!

by Anonymousreply 41October 10, 2020 5:15 PM

His audience will definitely dwindle..he will be a one term loser. Nobody wants to bet on him now.

by Anonymousreply 42October 10, 2020 5:20 PM

There is nowhere he can go. No country with a relationship with the US will take him. The Russians will pump him for info and then kill him and his family. Ditto Saudi Arabia, only the killings will be bloodier.

by Anonymousreply 43October 10, 2020 5:22 PM

Even though Biden's polls are different than Clinton, you need to turn out like we are behind, AND knowing Trump will cheat.

by Anonymousreply 44October 10, 2020 5:23 PM

R39, it takes sixty votes in the Senate to remove. No Republicans are voting for that. He’s sitting there until January no matter what.

Even if he checks out and goes to Mar A Lago, his minions will still carry out his will. The only way that’s not happening is if he officially resigns. Even if he wants to, Republicans like McTurtle will talk him out of it. There’s plenty more damage they can do by January.

by Anonymousreply 45October 10, 2020 5:26 PM

In 2016, they stole the elections in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Florida.

They will work hard to do that again.

They're already working hard on stealing Ohio and ensuring Texas doesn't go for Biden.

They will lie, cheat, and steal at every opportunity, at every turn. Count on it.

by Anonymousreply 46October 10, 2020 5:26 PM

We (Republicans in elected office) are killing the American people. Putin and Hitler would be proud.

This is their message. They are laughing at us dying.

by Anonymousreply 47October 10, 2020 5:28 PM

Is this similar to Jimmy Carter in '80 or Bush in '92? Both incumbent presidents that went out to lose their bids for reelection. Did people feel something was wrong in America back then, too? That walloping the GOP took in 2018 suggests people are more fed up with Trump's theatrics. It's a lot to take in for the American people. It's like calm down dude, take a chill pill.

by Anonymousreply 48October 10, 2020 5:29 PM

Not for nothing, but I suspect that the type of people who post on DL political threads are well aware of the value of voting and of getting their friends to vote too.

by Anonymousreply 49October 10, 2020 5:29 PM

Donald Trump in 1980

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 10, 2020 5:32 PM

Biden should continue to incorporate voting overwhelmingly into his speeches until Election Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 10, 2020 5:41 PM

R48 Yes, that was very much the prevailing sentiment: Americans were angry and disappointed with their nation and with one another when Carter and Bush, Sr. lost.

by Anonymousreply 52October 10, 2020 5:43 PM

I think the good news, R35, is that people are now aware that anything can happen whereas in 2016, we really did believe the media and the polls. Hell, Hillary was so sure she had rented our the Javitz and had that whole, elaborate destruction of the glass ceiling celebration planned. I feel like that's always dangerous in life - assuming victory before it happens. This time, people (democrats especially) know not to trust the polls and won't make the same mistake. Voting by mail will be more accessible and young Millenials/ Gen Z is going to need an obligatory "I Voted" instagram or TikTok video to post on election day.

I disagree. I think my generation (very old millennial) will be in their late 30's mid 40's and Gen Xers mid 40's-60's in 2024 that I think it will be overwhelmingly progressive. Society will continue to move to more liberal ideaoly, maybe even more so with a Trump presidency b/c it will be another 4 years of resist, fight, protest, etc. This might be damning, but I really truly believe in the weirdos that are the young gen Z who are now just midway through high school, They are the key to a very liberal and open future going forward.

by Anonymousreply 53October 10, 2020 5:51 PM

[quote]I think it will be very close, but Trump will barely eek out the win

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 54October 10, 2020 5:54 PM

Trump can’t win with just his base, the morons who drive around with Trump flags flying from their pickup. He needs the suburban vote and while he might retain some of the men, he lost their wives.

The problem I see on election night is the delay in counting the mail in ballots. Some states start counting early—there’s a website somewhere that lists every state’s procedures. But remember in 2018, early returns made it seem like the Rethugs retained the House but ultimately, the Dems took it.

by Anonymousreply 55October 10, 2020 5:57 PM

[quote]1. He will lose in a landslide

Wrong. He may very well lose, but there will not be a landslide, at least in the Electoral College. We will never ever see the kinds of landslides we saw in 1980, 1984, and 1988 again. The Democrats in those three elections got a TOTAL of 173 electoral votes. Over THREE elections. Trump will exceed that this year with no problem. This is how horrible our country has become. (And all three of the 1980s candidates were FAR superior to Trump in every possible way.)

by Anonymousreply 56October 10, 2020 5:58 PM

R53 falls into the team of thinking all older people are conservative and we're always conservative, and all young people are liberal and will always be liberal.

The "conservative baby boomers" who R53 thinks need to die in order to have a more liberal country were the hippies and yippies, the revolutionaries and protestors of the late '60s. Why assume Millennials and GenZ will be so different?

by Anonymousreply 57October 10, 2020 6:12 PM

Republicans cheat and steal? What a fucking projectionfest!

by Anonymousreply 58October 10, 2020 6:14 PM

Biden will win, Democrats will hold the house, and the Senate will end up 50-50 (with Kamela Harris casting tie-breaking votes). Yay! Except...

... rather than do anything useful, like shore up Obamacare to make it as politically-unassailable as Medicare & Social Security, the Democrats will waste 15 months squabbling over insurance vs single-payer, then Medicare available to all vs Medicare for everyone as the only option.

They'll waste their remaining time fighting for a Green New Deal most DEMOCRATS think goes too far, then get wrapped up in an orgy of hearings trying to send some scapegoat proxy -- anyone will do -- to prison on behalf of Trump.

In 2022, the Republicans will take back the House, and gain back a Senate seat. Whatever desperate healthcare-related legislation gets passed at the eleventh hour in the last weeks of the lame-duck House & Senate will be immediately rescinded by the incoming House & Senate in 2023, and it will all have been for nought.

Cynical? Obviously. Inconceivable? Sadly, no.

Oh, and Trump will be running his own streaming TV network, inflaming his base daily, and pushing his own proxy candidates for 2024... Ivanka & Don Jr (themselves likely to end up as bitter political rivals).

Eric runs away from politics, and lives a life of pure cocaine-fueled hedonism on a yacht moored in South Beach. Tiffany gets married, never utters the 'Trump' name again, and disappears to become a normal, non-famous rich person.

by Anonymousreply 59October 10, 2020 6:25 PM

R57 - I should rephrase. I don't want boomers to die off, but a lot of very old conservative thinking will go when they do. I think the reason I have so much hope in Gen Z is they are just so out there in their beliefs. Old Millenial/Gen X tend to me more open and accepting parents that the boomers. Get Z is really introducing that concept of non-binary and a lot pf new moms are moving away from the blue/pink decor and going more neutral. These kids seem more fluid in their thinking, ideas, and sexuality. They also will not have experienced some of the privileges that have come with boomer parents (wealth, financial stability) nor some of the down falls (the shaming, the closed mindedness) and younger generations are really dropping religion. I think evangelicals will go with a certain era.

by Anonymousreply 60October 10, 2020 6:28 PM

Prosecutors going after Trump and his crew will request and receive revocation of passports. The only means of escape will be illegal ones.

by Anonymousreply 61October 10, 2020 6:32 PM

Is R59 the famous DL Oracle. This is a very believable scenario. I like the rational way you think. For R59 only, any insights on how the Biden/Harris campaign will handle the pandemic once they take the WH and any thoughts on where the economy will go over the next four years, but specifically after Biden potentially wins the election in 2020 through 2021 as we go through a recovery phase.

by Anonymousreply 62October 10, 2020 6:32 PM

In the Biden wins scenario we have a jubilant left, celebrations in the street. Plus millions of really pissed off and scared deplorables, who will hunker down and life goes on. In the Biden loses scenario we have a jubilant right pushing for more wall, more swamp-draining. Plus millions of really pissed off leftists, mega-rioting, calls for death to racists and arson du jour. It'll be fun either way for me, but I'm not sure I want to be governed by the latter group. Would you?

by Anonymousreply 63October 10, 2020 6:37 PM

2020 is not 2016.

For one, Biden has been around a long time, but has not faced three decades of Fox News consistently and constantly tearing him down. No, the Fox crowd does not like him... but they don't accuse him of killing people, looking the other way when faced with dire consequences (do I need to say the word "Benghazi" here?), deleting emails, and the raft of bogus charges that Republicans will not let go.

Second, one of the missing elements in 2020 that we suffered with in 2016 was the NRA. Let's not pretend that the NRA isn't eyeball-deep in corruption and money laundering, specifically for the Russians. Remember, we have Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell on tape discussing how to hide foreign money in political campaigns via the NRA (and it has remained unindicted because Trump holds the pardon pen, among other reasons). With NY State filing charges against the NRA, it has put them under a microscope unlike any other, which has prevented them from funneling huge sums of foreign cash into Republican coffers. To wit: the Trump campaign is broke. And we may owe Letitia James a great thanks for this part of the dismantling of the Trump regime.

Third, while there is a lot of online chicanery, it is not new like it was in 2016. Things were good under Obama, making it a lot easier for Republicans to paint him and Hillary as something they were not; things are not good under Trump, making it hard for Republicans to paint him with anything other than the utter failure he is. Look at all of the crap they've thrown at Biden, from Hunter/Burisma to Sleepy Joe, and it isn't sticking. The shine is off facebook and all social media. We know better. And they are taking minimal steps to prevent the same kind of fake news, not that their steps will make much a difference, but still...

Fourth, at this point in the 2016 campaigns — just under a month out from election day — 17% of voters were undecided and eventually went for Trump (largely thanks to Comey and the FBI bombshell that was the final nail in the campaign to paint Hillary as corrupt and criminal) . Trump was never over 50% of the vote in 2016. Today, we're at 3% undecided. Biden is nationally at about 52% to Trump's 39%. Biden is up in all of the swing states that handed Trump his victory, and those percentages of undecideds (and in about half the states, the yet-to-vote) are equally as low. Those percentages might be a few points higher or lower, but even assuming that Biden's percentage is high and Trump's low, there are too many votes between them for a last-minute bombshell to alter the outcome... unless the bombshell is nuclear. (Literally.)

There is a reason Trump is pining for Hillary's email scandals and continues to gripe about her lack of prosecution (nevermind that there is no evidence of wrongdoing). There is a reason Trump is trying to go full banana republic authoritarian and get Barr to indict Obama, Hillary and Biden with 3 weeks to go. But there is no there there. Barr knows that should he comply with Trump's demands, the House will impeach him in a matter of minutes. No, he won't be removed, but it will mark Barr as the most corrupt AG in the history of the nation.

Finally, Coronavirus and the administration's inept handling of the crisis, culminating in the double-whammy of Trump contracting it himself and Trump cancelling Covid relief talks abruptly, and taking the blame for that failure. At this point, Pelosi had better wake up and smell the victory and stop trying to push through legislation that will only inure to Trump's benefit. We've waited for 4 month for additional relief; we can wait three more weeks. Besides, the Republicans are now prepping for their role as chief antagonists when Biden tries to do anything big, retrieving their fiscal conservative cloth coats from cold storage.

No, it's not a done deal. Trump could still win, and we must act like Biden is down by 10 points and fight like hell. Time to give Joe some more money.

by Anonymousreply 64October 10, 2020 6:40 PM

Just Vote for Job Biden. And Vote for ALL Democrats on your ballot, blue down ballot. Make sure you Vote. Early Vote if you can, as early as possible.

by Anonymousreply 65October 10, 2020 6:44 PM

Even Deplorables are looking at Trump's Hillary/Obama obsession and thinking "WTF? You won the election! What new result do you want?"

Biden is so far ahead in every poll and as R64 noted, there are very few undecided voters at this point.

Not to mention that millions of people have already voted.

I also think Biden's landslide will mean that Republicans will spend the next two years explaining why they were never really Trumpists and how their ideas differed from his.

by Anonymousreply 66October 10, 2020 6:48 PM

And this:

After years of holding their tongues, a few Republicans have started to separate themselves from President Trump and his possible political collapse, focusing on his carelessness with the virus.

Why it matters: A senior Republican official told me this is less about shaping this election, and more about preparing for the aftermath.

Most notably, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said in Kentucky on Thursday: "I haven't been to the White House since August the 6th."

"I personally didn't feel that they were approaching the protection from this illness in the same way that I thought was appropriate for the Senate [masks and distancing] ... I think we've shown that ... we can function safely.

Also this week, in her sole face-to-face debate, embattled Sen. Martha McSally (R-Ariz.), pressed repeatedly, wouldn't say whether she's proud of her support for Trump, CNN reported.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 10, 2020 6:50 PM

RCP is already saying Trump can still win. It’s not close to being over for him.

by Anonymousreply 68October 10, 2020 6:52 PM

Moscow Mitch tweeted that he speaks to the president regularly.

by Anonymousreply 69October 10, 2020 6:59 PM

OP: You are correct on all counts! That’s how it will play out, though I suspect Trump might die in the coming months.

For the rest of you hysterics: calm your asses down! Biden is going to win in a landslide. We’ll know results on Nov. 3 because it’s not going to be even close. All data suggests this—strongly.

Just get off your asses and vote. This madness is coming to an end.

by Anonymousreply 70October 10, 2020 7:24 PM

[quote]When Trump Loses The Election: Prediction

TOO EARLY, YOU ASSHOLE

it's far from a foregone conclusion

by Anonymousreply 71October 10, 2020 7:27 PM

[quote]Sort of the way a TV series loses viewers once it becomes stale.

The Walking Dead

Happy Days

by Anonymousreply 72October 10, 2020 7:37 PM

Dems take control of the Senate...Biden coat-tails. We expand the ACA and make it more affordable, we pass a watered down green new deal, blow up the filibuster, add justices to the court. This is my wet dream.

by Anonymousreply 73October 10, 2020 7:45 PM

So I live in Chicago and I took a drive up to Racine Wisconsin today which is historically Republican. I drove around one of the more middle-class neighborhood the amount of Biden signs were overwhelming they were easily 3 to 1 probably more. It was astounding.

by Anonymousreply 74October 10, 2020 8:05 PM

[quote] I can’t believe people are so cocky about this again.

No one is being cocky. Its more about being optimistic AND knowing what we're dealing with this time around. I would hate to be void of optimism or hope. I hope you find the same in your country one day.

by Anonymousreply 75October 10, 2020 10:00 PM

The moment the election is called for BIden, the civil war will start.

by Anonymousreply 76October 10, 2020 11:35 PM

The Republican party is the party of the business class, and they do not want conflict and violence because it is bad for business. So when it comes down to it, Republicans who are calling for more of this BS will learn quick that their campaign contributions will dry up and they won't get re-elected. There will be no civil war.

by Anonymousreply 77October 10, 2020 11:39 PM

This looks like Hillary all over again with Datalounge already picking out the drapes for the White House.

by Anonymousreply 78October 10, 2020 11:54 PM

This thread will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 79October 10, 2020 11:54 PM

Can't be complacent i.e. don't count your chickens before they hatch (or your votes). Just go out and vote for now -- screw the polls if they make you think they don't need your vote. Biden and the Dems up for election do. Yes, remember Hillary. Keep that in your thoughts, remind others that they had to live through 4 years of this asshole Drumpf because they didn't vote, and do they want to make that same fuckin' mistake again. Vote, don't rely on the polls!

by Anonymousreply 80October 11, 2020 12:22 AM

We will go to bed on November 3rd not sure who won. Many of the battleground states will need to rely upon the absentee ballots (as with the Congressional races in 2018). I expect the absentee votes in these states to be 60-65% for Biden, and he will have enough Electoral Votes by Friday 11/6 for the election to be called. I predict that Wisconsin, Georgia, Florida and Arizona will be the latest results and awaiting paper ballots. PA (blue) and Ohio (red) will be called before midnight Eastern time. We also may not know the final Senate results until Friday.

Trump and his minions will flood the courts with petitions to stop all absentee counts. I foresee the Supremes weighing in to let the counting proceed (possibly denying cert.)

It's going to be messy, loud, and Trump will call upon upon his base to support him. Hopefully the Proud Boys (and the various militias) will not hit the streets.

by Anonymousreply 81October 11, 2020 12:39 AM

If there’s anything good that happens in life it’s from Jesus. 🤡

by Anonymousreply 82October 11, 2020 12:42 AM

I trust in the strength of the Constitution and institutions to deal with whatever this clown serves up post election.

Trump doesn't mind law suits. He's been involved in them all his life. Others, not he, will pay his legal fees.

I do not believe any Court will imprison an ex-President.

I fully expect his wealthy supporters to set him up in some kind of media business.

He'll continue to be a divisive pain until the day he dies.

by Anonymousreply 83October 11, 2020 2:00 AM

What are the charges people expect/hope Trump will be charged with? Collusion with Russia? Other stuff?

by Anonymousreply 84October 11, 2020 2:03 AM

R66, I think Trump has no idea what’s in Hillary’s emails and imagines they are 99% about Biden being an evil monster.

In reality, the deleted emails were said to have been deleted by her attorneys, who deleted emails having nothing to do with her work. Some of the ones that were revealed back in 2016 were things like recipes and trivial emails to Chelsea. It would be hilarious if he de-classifies all Hillary’s emails and all the deleted ones are about making manicure dates with Chelsea and telling Bill to pick up some eggs on the way home. And a lot of them probably are that.

by Anonymousreply 85October 11, 2020 2:10 AM

[quote] It's going to be messy, loud, and Trump will call upon upon his base to support him. Hopefully the Proud Boys (and the various militias) will not hit the streets.

I hope they hit the streets and are gunned down like the terrorists they are.

BANG! You're dead, fat white virgin guys.

by Anonymousreply 86October 11, 2020 2:12 AM

The election is for Trump to lose. Bidens campaign is too passive. It lacks fire. It's noir a winner's campaign; there's only smug complacency looking at the polls. We know from 2016 that is all punditry and wonk to sell papers and get more clicks.

There's also the cheating that's being done out in the open. That's how Trump is going to win.

We are doomed. I don't know what I'll do.

by Anonymousreply 87October 11, 2020 2:24 AM

Maybe he could do a reality series from prison.

by Anonymousreply 88October 11, 2020 2:32 AM

Tax fraud R84

by Anonymousreply 89October 11, 2020 2:44 AM

[quote] I trust in the strength of the Constitution and institutions to deal with whatever this clown serves up post election.

You’re adorable.

by Anonymousreply 90October 11, 2020 2:47 AM

Realistically, based on the polls (methodology much improved since 2016) it’s looking good for Biden. Trouble is, it all comes down to getting the votes. The media is afraid of making predictions because they don’t want people to get complacent and stay home on Election Day. People have got to vote and for some people, voting takes a lot of effort (work, childcare, transportation, fear, etc.). If all the people that didn’t bother to vote in 2016 show up, it will be massive. Trump’s base makes a lot of noise, but honestly I wonder how powerful they actually are. To win reelection Trump would need to add to his base and he hasn’t done that. He’s alienated just about every group he needs to win.

by Anonymousreply 91October 11, 2020 3:07 AM

R16. I’ve always thought Melania would be the one to go one a rampage. I can see her finally snap.

by Anonymousreply 92October 11, 2020 3:15 AM

Melania should have done the Princess Diana thing and secretly called a reporter and told him all her woes.

by Anonymousreply 93October 11, 2020 3:18 AM

I predict the election ending in a tie, resulting in a duel to the death between Trump and Biden. Both will die and the ghost of Ethel Merman will become the first woman president.

by Anonymousreply 94October 11, 2020 3:25 AM

I like the way you think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 11, 2020 4:37 AM

How would they break a tie?

by Anonymousreply 96October 11, 2020 4:42 AM

Melania is a nasty old slut. No redemption for her nasty old gash. It stinks. Like vomit. The First Lady whore needs to keep her filthy, malodorous, legs closed. The bitch stinks and every Secret Service man knows it. Every Secret Service man knows that fly came from between the Pence woman's legs. Puddle stinky. Even the most desperate Mormon Secret Service men would prefer a man Ass over that disgusting Karen Pence.

Old Pence Lady sure hates it when her husband is proven to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 97October 11, 2020 4:55 AM

I think who wins the election is irrelevant. Trump has completely trashed the White House, and hollowed out all our institutions. Putin's plan couldn't have been more successful.

There's no democracy left to preside over.

by Anonymousreply 98October 11, 2020 5:08 AM

[quote][R39], it takes sixty votes in the Senate to remove. No Republicans are voting for that. He’s sitting there until January no matter what.

It takes sixty-SEVEN votes in the Senate to remove. The only thing requiring sixty votes in the Senate is a cloture vote to end debate and avoid a filibuster.

by Anonymousreply 99October 11, 2020 7:31 AM

You “Trump will win” freaks need to get a grip. You have 2016 PTSD. You’re demonstrating that you don’t understand the scale of what happened then and you aren’t informed about the current landscape.

by Anonymousreply 100October 11, 2020 8:33 AM

2020 will look nothing like 2016. First of all, Dump has a record now, and a very bad one at that. The last time, he was free and clear and not tainted with the political baggage that acted like an albatross around Hills neck. That's gone. Dump has one of the worst records - especially with his COVID-19- will- just-go-away plan as evidenced by 200,000+ Americans deaths.

I would also acknowledge the absence of the NRA's deep pockets. The sheer amount of money that was doled out was stupendous. How many no-name Repugs will make it from the bottom up with little to no funding?

Then there's Orangeman's FAKE FAT TAX RETURNS. How many voters do you think will give him a pass on that? Also, there will be an almost never ending stream of Dump fuckery splashed across headlines every week for...how long? Weeks? Maybe months? There's an abundance of illegal and oftentimes lurid undertakings that seems to shed itself like an insipid virus from this man's hole and those surrounding him. Anyone notice that there's been a steady drip of scandalous tidbits each week in the press? I'm hoping it will crescendo around Nov. 3rd and continue from there as Fatass makes an even bigger ass of himself.

Look....there's hope for us out there and it includes all the shitty, unconscionable things Dump committed for years, if not all his life: His fake SAT/GRE scores? His association with Epstein? There's another woman out there who is building a rape case against him. There's tons of shit out there. And each one is standing in line awaiting its day in the sun. I'm hoping the Dems can carry on for the next three weeks. In the end and in the final analysis of it all, it will be Dump himself who's his worst enemy. All we have to do is let him be himself.

by Anonymousreply 101October 11, 2020 10:34 AM

I know the polls look good and they compensated for the errors of last time and Biden is more than twice as far ahead as Hillary was but all that said, I have PTSD from the last time. I have this fear that everyone in the press will be overly cautious but once the totals come rolling in it will be a blue wave like never seen before. A slam dunk. I go to bed happy. The next morning I wake up and hear the news that fucker claims he won again through some legal Bill Barr plan that discounted millions of votes throwing the electoral college just enough in his favor.

Please tell me this can't happen.

by Anonymousreply 102October 11, 2020 10:47 AM

I'm not R19, but saying "Nosferatu" instead of "Nostradamus" is a long-standing DL in-joke, like WHET and dinasours, etc. Glad you got to be smug, though, R21. Sounds like it made your day.

by Anonymousreply 103October 11, 2020 12:23 PM

Tens of millions of people voted AGAINST Hillary Clinton not FOR Trump

Maybe a few thousand will vote against Biden.

(And yes, H-Hive-- tens of millions of people also voted against Trump and there were three million more of them than there were people voting against Hillary. That still does not change the fact that Biden will not face the "lesser of two evils" quandary

by Anonymousreply 104October 11, 2020 1:00 PM

Trump won't win legitimately. (I don't think he did last time). But he's gotten even better at cheating, and Bill Barr is helping. Barr is literally attempting to change laws to allow interference.

by Anonymousreply 105October 11, 2020 4:18 PM

He and Barr have gotten worse at cheating. They keep getting caught and thwarted by the courts.

No, there isn’t going to be some weird trick they’ll pull on Election night so that Trump will be successful in stealing the election. It isn’t happening.

by Anonymousreply 106October 11, 2020 4:24 PM

As per R106

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 11, 2020 4:26 PM

Also as per R106

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 11, 2020 4:27 PM

And in general, GOP senators backing away from Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 11, 2020 4:28 PM

I think at this point, once you have voted, you've done your duty and it will be what it will be. Life will go on and if Trump does get re-elected, live your life and don't give him another 4 years where you blame everything that's wrong on a Trump. Also, on my nextdoor app, there are tons of photos in LA of mail and stacks of ballots just being dumped in the garbage. Trusted neighbors are reporting on it regularly and reporting to the police. If you are doing mail in, place your ballots in the drop boxes not the mail boxes.

by Anonymousreply 110October 11, 2020 4:29 PM

r99 And let's flash back to 1974. The Democrats controlled the Senate 56-42. So more than10 Republicans would've needed to vote for his removal. And yet Nixon felt certain enough that he'd be impeached and removed that he decided to resign.

Back then, Senators had more integrity and cared more about the country than about their own party. I fear those days are gone forever.

by Anonymousreply 111October 11, 2020 4:43 PM

R110, eat a bowl of shit.

by Anonymousreply 112October 11, 2020 4:51 PM

More on GOP "Distancing" from NBC News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 11, 2020 5:40 PM

I'm pretty sure Biden will win and Trump and Co. will claim "rigged! fraud!" and he will immediately announce his candidancy for president 2024. He needs to keep running so he can continue diverting money from his campaign to live on AND his campaign has been covering all his legal fees. The republicans will hate this because they feel his run as asshole in chief is over, but they'll have problems getting someone else in to take over with him stealing the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 114October 11, 2020 6:14 PM

There are a lot of signs in my area.

Early on, there were only trump signs on commercial property and homes. These owners have removed the trump signs from their homes now. There are no more trump signs. These are from rabid trump supporters, who were always trouble makers and cunts.

Now all that remain are Biden signs (also for Dems in local elections).

by Anonymousreply 115October 11, 2020 6:43 PM

R56 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 116October 12, 2020 12:36 AM

Melania will file for divorce in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 117October 12, 2020 12:58 AM

Not so fast R108. Appeals court allows Texas governor’s mail ballot drop-off restrictions to stay in place.

Trump will win Texas. By hook or by crook. Probably the latter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118October 12, 2020 7:38 AM

Everywhere I look are Biden signs, as far as the eye can see. Mail in ballots for Biden indicate a blue wave that will literally cover the entire country. Trump is toast. The blue wave will cool off that hot burn, hunty. It's an absolute landslide and the news is way more savvy than in 2016. They have so much more correct reporting. Suck it, Drumpf!

by Anonymousreply 119October 12, 2020 7:51 AM

People getting too cocky, its not over until you vote his ass out. Don't assume everyone else is going to do it for you. That's how Hillary lost with the fence sitters.

by Anonymousreply 120October 12, 2020 8:00 AM

Trump will institute Plan B, an arrangement with Pence where Trump steps down from the presidency in the lame-duck period and Pence gives Trump a blanket pardon like Ford did for Nixon, so the American people can move on without the ugliness and trauma of a trial.

by Anonymousreply 121October 12, 2020 8:16 AM

Trump will flee the US to avoid NY tax fraud charges.

by Anonymousreply 122October 12, 2020 8:54 AM

He doesn't need to do that r121. There is no law forbidding a President from pardoning himself. The only thing close to a law is memorandum written by the Department of Justice during the Nixon Watergate scandal. But here's the rub, the DOJ can change that anytime they want and guess who is in charge of that now...William Barr, Trumps douche bag and personal felcher who said there was "no collusion".

Don't think Trump wont try it, he breaks every other "norm" why would he care about tradition or appearances of corruption at that point?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123October 12, 2020 10:35 AM

FWIW R120 there are far, far, far fewer "fence sitters" in 2020 than in 2016

Undecided voters were more than 10% of the electorate then, less than 5% now.

And millions have already voted

by Anonymousreply 124October 12, 2020 10:38 AM

FWIW R120 there are far, far, far fewer "fence sitters" in 2020 than in 2016

Undecided voters were more than 10% of the electorate then, less than 5% now.

And millions have already voted

by Anonymousreply 125October 12, 2020 10:38 AM

If you’d a choice between “pardoning yourself” and hoping courts would uphold Barr’s rewriting of DOJ policy to say that’s OK, or having Pence pardon you after stepping into your shoes, like Ford did for Nixon, Which would you choose?

by Anonymousreply 126October 12, 2020 11:49 AM

1. He will lose in a landslide.

2. The GOP will contest each and every state where Biden wins, making Bush v. Gore look like a minor case.

3. Domestic terror groups will appear in state capitals and make lots of noise and protests.

4. Trump supporters will push the narrative that ANTIFA and the Democratic Party store the election, and that they do not recognize the results.

5. As the COVID death toll hits 405,000, Biden is inaugurated, with a Democratically controlled House and Senate.

6. A domestic terror group assaults Congress during Biden's first State of the Union, but the FBI, Secret Service, and Capitol police thwart the attack. It is discovered that they have been funded by domestic and foreign interests.

7. McConnell, Graham, McSally, Ernst, and others make noise, but no one pays attention to them, tired of their lies and inaction against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 127October 12, 2020 12:01 PM

store=stole

by Anonymousreply 128October 12, 2020 12:02 PM

I wrote this on the main predictions thread too, but added a bit.

I think when Trump finally accepts that he loses, he'll resign and let Pence be the "lame duck" until January because Trump can't accept that status. I see him making a lot of noise about it, but ultimately he'll slink away trying to keep out of prison. Pence will pardon him for any federal crimes.

by Anonymousreply 129October 12, 2020 12:21 PM

R16, he'll have to be an incredibly good shot.

by Anonymousreply 130October 12, 2020 1:15 PM

Sony Pictures is thinking of taking out an option on your scenario R127

by Anonymousreply 131October 12, 2020 3:15 PM

^^And Kevin Spacey's agent thinks that playing Lindsey Graham could be a really good comeback role for him.

by Anonymousreply 132October 12, 2020 3:16 PM

I don't think the NY Attorney General will allow a plea deal. If she does, her political career will be over.

The number of people in the Trump administration who will be charged and convicted will make Watergate look like a women's book club. There is no honor among thieves, the DC transit system doesn't have enough buses for the number of people who are going to be thrown under them.

As there was after Watergate, there will be a flurry of laws passed, such as specifically allowing a sitting president to be indicted, which some weak-kneed Republicans will vote for in an attempt to show voters they're 'tough on crime' even as they completely buckled under Trump

by Anonymousreply 133October 12, 2020 4:00 PM

[quote] The number of people in the Trump administration who will be charged and convicted will make Watergate look like a women's book club.

I think I'm suffering from justice priapism.

by Anonymousreply 134October 12, 2020 4:15 PM

One thing you can count on when Trump loses is that any person who has ever taken a photo with him can count on that photo being used against them if they ever run for office.

I'm holding little hope, but my greatest thrill would be to have his name stripped off every ugly building it's currently slapped on, starting with Trump Tower on Fifth Ave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 12, 2020 4:23 PM

My fervent hope is that fat sow Elise "I support the troops! Unless President Jesus Trump tells me not to!" Stefanek loses her seat in the election. Working the Dollar General is too good for her.

by Anonymousreply 136October 12, 2020 5:44 PM

[quote]People getting too cocky, its not over until you vote his ass out. Don't assume everyone else is going to do it for you. That's how Hillary lost with the fence sitters.

R120, I haven't seen ONE "fence sitter" here at the DL for this election. Not one.

Why are you trying to bring down everyone's excitement?

NO ONE has said they aren't voting. Who are you "warning?"

by Anonymousreply 137October 12, 2020 6:14 PM

In much the same way many DLers still live in the year 1983, R137, many of them are unable to distinguish between the 2016 and 2020 elections.

by Anonymousreply 138October 12, 2020 6:17 PM

I haven't seen any DLers saying they aren't going to vote because Joe has it all sewn up. None.

by Anonymousreply 139October 12, 2020 6:33 PM

You have to vote for Joe Biden. You have to vote for all the democratic candidates, blue down ballot. This is the only way to ensure Trump loses.

Also, keep a paper copy, a voting file, so you can prove your vote. It might come to this. Most states have sample ballots, so you can keep that filled out in a file, along with your voting resources.

STAY FOCUS! Vote Early, if you can.

by Anonymousreply 140October 12, 2020 6:39 PM

+2 votes for Biden and the Dem ticket in Ohio. I just wish we had the opportunity to vote out the odious Senator Rob Portman this year.

by Anonymousreply 141October 12, 2020 10:36 PM

So maybe you can STFU now r120? It’s called “thinking *before* you speak.” Try it — you might like it!

by Anonymousreply 142October 13, 2020 1:35 AM

The issue with Pence pardoning Trump, is who will pardon Pence? I have a feeling Pence will fuck him over given the opportunity - so no pardon at all.

by Anonymousreply 143October 13, 2020 2:50 AM

[quote] The issue with Pence pardoning Trump, is who will pardon Pence? I have a feeling Pence will fuck him over given the opportunity - so no pardon at all.

No way Pence is going to want to go down in history as the president whose only act was to pardon his predecessor.

by Anonymousreply 144October 13, 2020 3:23 AM

Tell me about it.

by Anonymousreply 145October 13, 2020 3:35 AM

Normally, I'd postulate that Trump can't resign, because he NEEDS to announce his candidacy for 2024 immediately upon losing so he can launder his living expenses as campaign expenses... then I remember who we're talking about. He probably would think nothing at all is weird about resigning from his first term, then running again 4 years later. Hell, he probably thinks resigning early is a loophole that would allow him to be president for 8 more years.

by Anonymousreply 146October 13, 2020 3:48 AM

And he'll be wrong, r146.

by Anonymousreply 147October 13, 2020 11:11 AM

Trump will scream rant, unleash his army of 1000 lawyers on election night. After all the dust settles he will continue to stay in office doing all the nasty last minute executive orders he can before he leaves. He will resign the very last week before the hand off to the new President because he is an asshole with no class and to save his skin with a pardon.

by Anonymousreply 148October 14, 2020 3:09 AM

Why do some people (or maybe one) keep saying Trump will resign so he can be pardoned? Do pardons work preemptively for anything in perpetuity? All his fraud and tax shit that NY and the IRS are going after him for will be timed to hit after his term is over. When Trump is out Pence is out so pardon power will evaporate before it would be useful.

by Anonymousreply 149October 14, 2020 3:36 AM

The pardon thing has to do with Federal R149 which has a lot more teeth that could really put Trump away. State crimes are probably easier to batter with a army of lawyers. Their funds and access to top secret violations is a lot more limited. The Fed has unlimited resources the state of NY does not. That's probably why he would consider parading himself. Wipe 50% of the post presidency lawsuits off the map.

He still could end up in jail, but I doubt it. That fucker seems to get away with everything. At lease he "good name" will be forever ruined and he will be involved in endless legal battles. Hopefully so much so he wont have time to keep shit going with the deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 150October 14, 2020 9:58 AM

Donald Trump is in zero danger of actual prison, ever, for one very pragmatic reason: imprisoning him would be a logistical nightmare. NO state wants to bear the responsibility (or expense) of simultaneously imprisoning AND coordinating the Secret Service protection of a former president (whose protection orders would include protecting him from guards).

NO prison guard will want to go anywhere near a nasty, argumentative, uncooperative prisoner with his own federal bodyguards, because they'd routinely be put into IMPOSSIBLE situations with fundamentally conflicting daily demands. And I believe their unions would uncompromisingly back them up.

BEST case, a state like New York might sentence Trump to house arrest & cut a deal with the Secret Service to simultaneously protect the former president AND enforce its terms. Or better, confine him to a de-luxurified wing or guesthouse at Mar-a-Lago... with his cronies as roommates tasked with keeping him safe & alive, motivated by threats to send them to REAL prisons once he's gone).

No, the only thing anyone can really do to punish Trump would be impoverishment. And even then, it'll have to be for blatant, intentional, serious crimes that don't "smell" like political retribution. Trump might aspire to being a tinpot dictator, but we can't allow him to corrupt our political system forever by normalizing post-presidential petty prosecution.

Remember, anything Democrats can do to Trump, Republicans can and will use as an excuse to do against Biden & others at the first possible opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 151October 16, 2020 5:48 PM

I think losing most of whatever money they actually possess (joining "the poors") would be worse for them than jail.

by Anonymousreply 152October 16, 2020 5:54 PM

R152 - and Ivanka should be only granted use of five outfits from her eponymous line in a size 10, which she must rotate for the next five years, with daily postings to her IG.

by Anonymousreply 153October 16, 2020 5:58 PM

R151, as nothing like that has ever happened before in this country, what makes you think it would play out that way? Secret Service protection in prison? Huh?

by Anonymousreply 154October 16, 2020 6:04 PM

#6 trump drops dead...the end

by Anonymousreply 155October 16, 2020 6:06 PM

[quote]NO state wants to bear the responsibility (or expense) of simultaneously imprisoning AND coordinating the Secret Service protection of a former president (whose protection orders would include protecting him from guards).

[quote]NO prison guard will want to go anywhere near a nasty, argumentative, uncooperative prisoner with his own federal bodyguards, because they'd routinely be put into IMPOSSIBLE situations with fundamentally conflicting daily demands. And I believe their unions would uncompromisingly back them up.

Are those two of the reasons Guantanamo exists?

Enjoy your stay in sunny Cuba, cunt!

by Anonymousreply 156October 16, 2020 6:13 PM

Whenever and wherever Trump dies, the conspiracy nuts will claim Hillary killed him.

Even if she herself is already dead.

by Anonymousreply 157October 16, 2020 6:23 PM

I agree with what R151 said. Maybe the best way to deal with Trump would be to arrest and convict his grifter kids and cronies. As they get picked off one by one, he would probably do nothing to help them, saying "I don't know Ivanka and Jarrod ... yes, she's my daughter and all that, but I don't know anything about her."

by Anonymousreply 158October 16, 2020 7:50 PM

R151. Are you even for real? Seriously, what restraint did these traitorous Repugs display? NONE, I reapeat NONE. It's even captured on tape! Lindz went back on his word on the air in 2016 and then ceremonially flipped us the bird. I say no restraint. The Dems need to shut the door on them once and for all and hermetically seal that shit closed. I say raise the the number of Supremes, add the 2 more states and get rid of the electoral college. Do this in just 2 weeks! Then swiftly open up congressional investigations on a slew of these fucks, using the unredacted Mueller Report, bring him to testify how Fat Fuck Barr interfered and re-open every grand jury investigations that Fat Fuck closed down.

I'm only just beginning with bringing this shat......!

by Anonymousreply 159October 17, 2020 11:45 AM

Upping the number of Supreme Court Justices is a HUGE lift. Like Obama’s effort to get health care enacted it would expend the lion’s share of Biden’s (and his Democratic senate’s) first two years. Given Covid, the economy and all the other damage Trump has wreaked, and the fact that two other Justices (one liberal, one conservative) are itching to resign, there are more productive things Biden could do.

by Anonymousreply 160October 17, 2020 12:28 PM

[quote]there are more productive things Biden could do.

That's BS. He can walk and chew gum at the same time. He plans on putting together a big team who ill do the Lyon share of the work. He's not a micro manager. He could create a different team for each problem if he wants. Sky is the limit. And no, judges need toe be added to re-balance the court. Which was stacked by Republicans. It wont be that hard IF the Democrats get both House and Senate. We live in a much more different time than Obama. Trump shit all over norms and changed that forever.

by Anonymousreply 161October 17, 2020 1:21 PM

Ah, OK

by Anonymousreply 162October 17, 2020 1:28 PM

Yes, Biden needs to hammer the voting message. The only way the transition of power from Cheetolini to him is less messy is for Biden to win by a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 163October 17, 2020 2:10 PM

[quote] Lyon share

Before you all "Oh Dear" R161, this is a French expression "part de Lyon" that came about because during the Napoleonic Wars, regiments from Lyon and surrounding regions were often on the front lines and thus took a majority of the casualties. Napoleon frequently urged other regiments to do "le part de Lyon" as a way of rallying the troops.

by Anonymousreply 164October 17, 2020 2:14 PM

This thread should've been over with at R1.

He's probably already arranged how he'll leave the country and where he'll be hiding out for the rest of his 3-4 years of life.

by Anonymousreply 165October 17, 2020 2:30 PM

Surely even his allies understand that he is not to be trusted after he's president, whenever that may be? He's a big mouth who will sell any information he got his grubby little mitts on. How are people so short sighted as to disregard that?

by Anonymousreply 166October 17, 2020 2:53 PM

If someone asked any of the Trumps - anyone of them- what do you do? What would their response be?

For some reason I was thinking that last night.

by Anonymousreply 167October 17, 2020 4:18 PM

Obama took two years to pass Obamacare because there was a sense of decorum that they observed. Also, Dems needed McCain's vote to pass it. Those two niceties have been savagely slayed by the likes of McConnell and Graham. That line has been crossed. Once again, for added effect: THAT LINE (of civility) HAS BEEN CROSSED!! We need to bring it to those ReFucktards. Not simply for revenge, but to demonstrate to Americans that there are consequences for abhorrent behavior. There is accountability. We need to send these miscreants to jail for outright perjury and ignoring valid subpoenas.

EVERYONE IS EQUAL UNDER THE LAW.

by Anonymousreply 168October 18, 2020 9:51 AM

Fox News is showing people dancing happily in the streets of DC, NY, Philadelphia... while Chris Wallace is throwing cold water on the notion that any legal machinations could actually work.

by Anonymousreply 169November 7, 2020 6:10 PM

[quote]Also, Dems needed McCain's vote to pass it.

I don't think that's correct. Obamacare was passed without a single Republican vote. McCain's key vote was his vote against the repeal of Obamacare.

by Anonymousreply 170November 7, 2020 6:15 PM

Let's assess this OP's predictions. How did they do?

by Anonymousreply 171May 18, 2021 11:34 AM

We finally get rid of Defacto the old thread bumper and now someone else decides to start doing it too. Just figures!

by Anonymousreply 172May 18, 2021 11:37 AM

OP mostly blew it, but r127 is a pretty frighteningly accurate prediction.

by Anonymousreply 173May 18, 2021 11:38 AM

R172 I am not a generic thread bumper. People make predictions here all the time and I think it's worthwhile to look back at what people thought might happen and compare with what did happen. Don't be automatically dismissive.

by Anonymousreply 174May 18, 2021 11:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!