Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Would You Return The Blanket?

I was in a car accident Wednesday night. There was a huge storm and I got caught in it. No other cars were involved but I skidded off the road and my car is potentially totaled. (I am fine, thank God!)

At the scene, a woman who lived across the street from the accident gave us a blanket from her home. It's really nice. I have her phone number and I intend to send a card or flowers. The question is: Should I keep the blanket?

It was a beautiful gesture. I don't want to negate it by sending it back. Also, it's Covid times and I don't want to send back a germ-y blanket. But...its really a nice looking plaid throw, so I also don't want to just keep it without thinking it through.

by Anonymousreply 106October 17, 2020 10:42 PM

Is it an adowable blanket?

by Anonymousreply 1October 10, 2020 2:00 AM

Clean it and give it back you stupid whore!

by Anonymousreply 2October 10, 2020 2:00 AM

HA!!! I guess I answered my own question!!! That's really funny. I did not meant to press return yet. Maybe the universe intervened to tell me the answer?

by Anonymousreply 3October 10, 2020 2:00 AM

I would have it dry cleaned and plastic sealed and return it with a nice handwritten note.

by Anonymousreply 4October 10, 2020 2:01 AM

R4 Thank you so much, I think I will do just that. You are lovely.

by Anonymousreply 5October 10, 2020 2:03 AM

Buy her a NEW BLANKET, you tightwad!

by Anonymousreply 6October 10, 2020 2:03 AM

The poll is a little bias.

by Anonymousreply 7October 10, 2020 2:08 AM

R7 I refer you to R3

by Anonymousreply 8October 10, 2020 2:16 AM

In typical DL fashion, go buy a crappy polyester blanket for $5 at Walmart and give it to the neighbor. Tell her that’s what she gave you and you’ll scratch her eyes out if she says different.

by Anonymousreply 9October 10, 2020 2:20 AM

Ask if she wants it back, then honor her reply. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 10October 10, 2020 2:29 AM

She was very kind to you - return her blanket to her.

She might even tell you to keep it.

by Anonymousreply 11October 10, 2020 2:31 AM

Clean it and send it back.

My mom did that one time. We were really poor but she was worried about the accident victim. It would have been nice to get it back cleaned. Too many people never express appreciation and it’s discouraging. You’re paying it back to encourage her to help the next person in need of help. Maybe include an Amazon gift card or something.

It would also be nice if you sent a note or text saying you’re okay, rather than leave her hanging. We always wondered if that guy was okay, it was a bad accident.

by Anonymousreply 12October 10, 2020 2:35 AM

Just to be clear, I can afford to buy my own blankets. I was just wondering from an etiquette standpoint, what to do, especially because of Covid. The drycleaning is a great idea. BTW I could have died or at least been badly injured. I had others in the car with me who could have been injured or killed. I have been very shaken up by the whole thing. My car is trashed. And we lost power for two days. So please be kind.

by Anonymousreply 13October 10, 2020 2:35 AM

No, R10. Don't put a kind person on the spot like that. I would probably feel so awkward I would just say yes, even if I wanted it back. Jeez indeed.

by Anonymousreply 14October 10, 2020 2:35 AM

R12 Thank you the Amazon gift card is a brilliant idea. Seriously, thank you. And yes, I would also want to know the people were okay if I came to someone's aid. This is great. I have a plan now. xoxo

by Anonymousreply 15October 10, 2020 2:37 AM

[quote] I have her phone number

Duh, call or text her, thank her and ask if she wanted it back, if she does then see R4

by Anonymousreply 16October 10, 2020 2:39 AM

You are on the right track OP. R4 & R12 had the best advice. You sound like a nice person - sorry about your trouble. Glad you and the others are o.k.

by Anonymousreply 17October 10, 2020 2:42 AM

I'd get it autographed by Alec and Kaleb for the personal touch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 10, 2020 2:46 AM

Give it back and ask yourself WHY you even needed to ask the question in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 19October 10, 2020 2:47 AM

R18 I don't know who or what that is, but I am dying laughing!!! Thank you!, I needed that. Omg lol

by Anonymousreply 20October 10, 2020 2:48 AM

One of the replies on this thread is from one of our worst trolls and it's disheartening that no one has them on block.

by Anonymousreply 21October 10, 2020 2:49 AM

R17 Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! You are so kind. I'm just so grateful, no one has even a scratch. Phew.

by Anonymousreply 22October 10, 2020 2:50 AM

I would have it dry cleaned, and return it to her, on the hanger and in plastic.

by Anonymousreply 23October 10, 2020 2:51 AM

In the age of covid I think Id just order her a brand new one and have it delivered. But Id also up the quality just a hair to show how grateful I truly was.

by Anonymousreply 24October 10, 2020 2:52 AM

R24 Another very good idea, thank you

by Anonymousreply 25October 10, 2020 2:54 AM

Getting it professionally cleaned will make her feel better about bringing it back into the house (if she even had any concerns at all; studies show the virus doesn't transmit well on fabric) and she can clean it further from there.

by Anonymousreply 26October 10, 2020 2:54 AM

R21, You wouldn't know if others have them blocked. you're the only person who would who you blocked.

OP, I'm in the clean it and give it back with a nice note and small gift camp.

by Anonymousreply 27October 10, 2020 2:55 AM

"...who would know who you blocked."

by Anonymousreply 28October 10, 2020 2:56 AM

I actually think it's really sweet, OP. That you're trying to do the right thing. (R4) was really good or Amazon gift card so maybe she could buy her a new blanket. It's nice to have good neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 29October 10, 2020 3:01 AM

She probably just picked the dog's blanket off the floor. So yeah, totally get it dry cleaned.

by Anonymousreply 30October 10, 2020 3:02 AM

No, just dangle it.

by Anonymousreply 31October 10, 2020 3:04 AM

I’d have it cleaned and give it back...check the tag and see who made it! Then you can buy one for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 32October 10, 2020 3:04 AM

[quote] One of the replies on this thread is from one of our worst trolls and it's disheartening that no one has them on block.

If you have him blocked, how do you know he posted? And why is it so hard for you to mind your own business and not worry about who others choose to block or not block? I never block anyone because trolls can be amusing and I don't expect to shrivel up and die if I read something nasty on an anonymous message board.

[quote] I was just wondering from an etiquette standpoint, what to do, especially because of Covid.

Well, obviously, cleaning or replacing the blanket is a good idea, Covid-wise, but beyond that, I am struggling to imagine how it could strike you as good etiquette to keep something that a stranger gave you only because you were in dire circumstances. It's not like the blanket was a gift. If she'd paid for a tow truck because you'd lost your wallet in the crash, would you be saying, "gee, I wonder if it would be rude to pay back that money?"

by Anonymousreply 33October 10, 2020 3:21 AM

FYI, for handling things in the Covid era in general, Costco sells large trash bag sized clear plastic bags. They’re fairly heavyweight bags.

They’re really useful now, because I can put the mail or some dry goods from the store in it and let it sit for a few days in the garage or a closet. It’s better than, “what’s in this black plastic bag again?” And it looks clean and fairly nice. When I donate old clothes I use the clear plastic bags, so they don’t have to open it to see what’s inside. I just tie a knot in the top. If you do return the blanket, returning it cleaned in a sealed plastic bag might reassure her it’s safe to handle.

by Anonymousreply 34October 10, 2020 3:40 AM

R33 Obviously if she paid for the tow that's a whole different story. Apples and oranges. I mean, really?

Honestly, if I ran out of my house with a blanket for someone that had just been in a crash, I would never think about the blanket ever again. I would not assume I was a priority on their minds in the aftermath, either. I would only hope they best for the person.

We actually tried to give the blanket back when our ride came to pick us up and she said please just keep it. And I asked for her cell number, because even in the chaos, I knew I wanted to remember her and honor her kindness. You make it sound like I'm being greedy.

I made the OP because honestly my nerves are still jangled and my head is still kinda spinning. But I was thinking, "How do I best honor this nice person? Would it be weird to fixate on the blanket? Or should I make a different gesture, etc etc."

This isn't about trying to hold onto the blanket cuz I'm greedy and cheap! I have plenty of every good thing. Maybe I am just overthinking the whole thing. I really just am still a little shellshocked. All the nice advice on the thread warms my heart and gave me much-needed clarity.

by Anonymousreply 35October 10, 2020 4:00 AM

[quote] Honestly, if I ran out of my house with a blanket for someone that had just been in a crash, I would never think about the blanket ever again.

I might not, either, but it's still polite to return the thing, especially since you said it's a nice blanket and not necessarily one she grabbed because it was too worn out/ugly to care about.

[quote] You make it sound like I'm being greedy.

Well, your hesitation to return the blanket raised that question. If you're genuinely not trying to keep it for yourself, good for you—return it clean and with the card and/or flowers you mentioned in the OP.

by Anonymousreply 36October 10, 2020 4:31 AM

I think part of the hesitancy to return the blanket is a subconscious realization of having to see someone so soon who saw you at your most vulnerable and will likely want to discuss it. you may not be prepared to and not fully aware of that.

by Anonymousreply 37October 10, 2020 4:47 AM

R36 Not really hesitation. What I am trying to tell you is that I can barely think straight because of the accident, and so I'm thinking hmmm....Covid...what do I do, is it was weird to return it. Because I'm still dazed, I hadn't thought about the dry-cleaning option etc etc.

If I had never gotten her cell number in the first place it would not even be an option to return the blanket because I don't know which house was even hers, so I think I did pretty well to get her number in between talking to the cops and watching my smashed car get towed.

by Anonymousreply 38October 10, 2020 4:48 AM

R37 Wow I hadn't even thought of that. But something got triggered when I read your post because I got really choked up by it. There is something to that.

by Anonymousreply 39October 10, 2020 4:49 AM

trauma will sneak up on you for a while, don't be ashamed of it or minimize it.

by Anonymousreply 40October 10, 2020 4:51 AM

Clean the blanket, wrap it up nicely, and give her a nice bag of ground coffee with some pumpkin spice powder on the side! It is a fall tradition here ya know!

by Anonymousreply 41October 10, 2020 4:53 AM

R40 I think too because I had others in the vehicle with me, I keep flashing on the thought, what if I had hurt or killed them? I would never be able to forgive myself. But...that's not what happened, and I guess it's a bit morbid to keep thinking "what if?"

by Anonymousreply 42October 10, 2020 4:53 AM

Take it back. When she insists you keep it, say, "Oh, it's a little ... let's just say it wouldn't fit in with my decor."

by Anonymousreply 43October 10, 2020 4:54 AM

R41 I could cradle the new mug IN the blanket, and spray it all down with Pumpkin Pie Yankee Candle Room Spray.

by Anonymousreply 44October 10, 2020 4:55 AM

morbid perhaps, but completely normal.

by Anonymousreply 45October 10, 2020 4:55 AM

Sorry, the new mug is to hold the pumpkin spice powder or coffee beens

by Anonymousreply 46October 10, 2020 4:56 AM

OP you're dumb and sweet.

by Anonymousreply 47October 10, 2020 4:56 AM

R45 You are really making me feel much better, much SANER, tonight. Thank you, bless you. xoxoxo

by Anonymousreply 48October 10, 2020 4:57 AM

Rescue-Chick is one cool chick. Glad she's here.

by Anonymousreply 49October 10, 2020 5:24 AM

WE LOVE YOU, RESCUE-CHICK!

by Anonymousreply 50October 10, 2020 5:36 AM

OP, good to hear you are ok. I'm with those who say clean and return the blanket with a thank you card (a small gift is nice too, the gift card option is a great idea.) The neighbor can always rewash the blanket herself afterwards or discard it if she has any Covid concerns; it's best to give her the choice without putting her on the spot.

by Anonymousreply 51October 10, 2020 5:36 AM

[quote] What I am trying to tell you is that I can barely think straight because of the accident, and so I'm thinking hmmm....Covid...what do I do, is it was weird to return it.

Okay, OP, I believe you and yes, there is no need to keep defending yourself to us anons. And, yes, after only two days, it is normal that you are still thinking, "omg, what if?" Everyone does that.

And Rescue Chick, you really are a great person.

by Anonymousreply 52October 10, 2020 5:44 AM

Give her a gift card and let her pick out a new blanket. And buy her a box of fine chocolate.

by Anonymousreply 53October 10, 2020 5:49 AM

Next question, please ..........

by Anonymousreply 54October 10, 2020 5:51 AM

Buy her a customized blanket with a huge picture of yourself on it, along with the date of the accident.

by Anonymousreply 55October 10, 2020 5:53 AM

You are fabu R55 - thanks for the laugh. I think we all know someone that would do something like that.

by Anonymousreply 56October 10, 2020 6:04 AM

R55 Very, very funny! I love it.

by Anonymousreply 57October 10, 2020 6:06 AM

Of course I'd return it!

Send it back dry-cleaned with a thank you note, you desperate blanket hoarder!

by Anonymousreply 58October 10, 2020 6:08 AM

This is a question for all you snooty folks acting like I'm trying to pull a fast one with this blanket, lol.. Just curious: if you got in a crash, and someone among the crowd of gawkers and cops handed you a blanket, and you didn't know their name, or which house they lived in...how would you go about returning the blanket?

I got her cell number. But let's assume you didn't think on your feet to even get that. And now you have this blanket that the nice lady gave you. How would you go about doing what you are implying is the clearly obvious, moral, "duh, you stupid grifter" correct, right thing? Go door to door?

by Anonymousreply 59October 10, 2020 6:26 AM

🧐 First of all. OP, how are you doing ?

Next, DL is not always the ideal place to share experiences or seek advice.

Sometimes the natives are a little to restless, and they love to [italic] Slice & Dice.

by Anonymousreply 60October 10, 2020 3:50 PM

^^^ Yes, I know, it's "too" not "to."

by Anonymousreply 61October 10, 2020 3:52 PM

Omy!

all jokes aside, I would give it a week or so before returning it so you can get your head around what happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 10, 2020 4:35 PM

UPDATE ON THE BLANKET:

I texted the blanket woman much earlier today, and thanked her for her concern and care. I told her that we were all safe and unharmed. I explained that I was having the blanket cleaned, and asked if I could I have her address to return it to her.

I have not heard back. It's almost 9 pm. I hope she's okay? Or maybe she just thinks I'm weird.

by Anonymousreply 63October 11, 2020 12:49 AM

You made the effort. If you don't hear back then drop it. Some people are overly cautious and may perceive your gesture as an effort to get closer to her or something.

Do let us know the final outcome.

by Anonymousreply 64October 11, 2020 2:22 AM

Stupid accident cunt, you forgot the other option:

“Vivian Vance”

by Anonymousreply 65October 11, 2020 2:25 AM

Yes I would return the blanket, after sending it to the dry cleaners

by Anonymousreply 66October 11, 2020 2:28 AM

Now text her and say, "Are you IGNORING me, Blanket Woman? I will NOT BE IGNORED!"

by Anonymousreply 67October 11, 2020 2:31 AM

Wait a few days. If she doesn't respond, have a crazed orgy on the blanket and return it to her without removing stains and dried fluids. Add a note stating, "this is what you get for not returning my text, BITCH!"

She'll be delighted!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68October 11, 2020 4:04 AM

Yeah, I should go full Andrew Gillum with the blanket, R68. I will not be denied this gesture!

by Anonymousreply 69October 11, 2020 4:08 AM

BLANKET UPDATE #2: I heard back from the blanket woman! Here's the text in full:

"You are so kind to reach out, _____! I am so happy and thankful that everyone is safe, and I hope that things only continue to improve. You are so thoughtful about the blanket. While we certainly do not expect it back, if you would like to mail it our address is xxxxx." "Please let us know if there is anything you need!! We have been thinking of you and wish you the very best!"

What a wonderful person!

by Anonymousreply 70October 12, 2020 9:43 PM

In these situations it all really depends on whether or not fluids were involved.

by Anonymousreply 71October 12, 2020 10:01 PM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 72October 12, 2020 10:31 PM

R72 No this is all very, very real. If I could post a pic of the vehicle damage, I would.

Today was the first day I didn't have a panic attack while driving. It's the 6th day after the accident. The funny thing is, the two passengers don't seem phased at all by it. They don't understand why I have been so upset and dazed for so many days. It didn't seem that dramatic as it happened. But I was the driver. They didn't have to go to the tow yard the next day and assess the damage to the vehicle. And If I had injured or killed anyone, I would never be able to recover from the shame, guilt and sorrow.

I know from the outside it seems simple: BUT YOU DIDN'T INJURE OR KILL ANYONE. But my brain is taking its own sweet time to unwind from the shock. Maybe it's because I was involved in a much more serious car accident (not my fault) when I was 16 and my friends and I got injured and the car was totaled. My passengers have never been in a real, serious accident. I feel like I'm re-experiencing some of the shock and fear from the old accident, even though it was 30 years ago.

So to sum up, I'm trying to create some levity and humor with "BLANKET-GATE" and the updates. But it really did happen.

by Anonymousreply 73October 12, 2020 10:51 PM

And Blanket Woman is real, too. As are the texts. I am grateful there are so many nice, lovely people in the world. I wanted to share that part with y'all as well.

by Anonymousreply 74October 12, 2020 10:54 PM

Good. So you're mailing back the blanket then, OP? Because that is clearly the correct thing to do. Send it back looking fresh and neat, -- you don't have to dry clean it, (although that's a nice touch), just be sure it looks crisp and cared for. I wouldn't send an Amazon gift card, just a bar of excellent, expensive chocolate, and a handwritten note or card. Perhaps a thought towards thanking her in person for her kindness when things get back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 75October 12, 2020 11:04 PM

Look at it this way, R75. I’d send a small gift card because everyone’s life is horrible right now and if anyone deserves to have something nice unexpectedly happen to them, it’s Blanket Woman, who seems pretty nice. It’s like a tip.

by Anonymousreply 76October 13, 2020 2:27 AM

Give it back to her OP. Jesus Christ do you have no manners?

by Anonymousreply 77October 13, 2020 2:29 AM

R77 I think we all determined about 75 posts ago that I was returning the blanket. xo

by Anonymousreply 78October 13, 2020 3:02 AM

Based on R70 I think you did the right thing. Perhaps it had some sentimental value (a gift from a favorite relative, perhaps) so she'll be glad to get it back.

And yes, enclosing a gift card would be a lovely gesture

by Anonymousreply 79October 13, 2020 3:03 AM

It was thoughtful of you to reach out to her, Op. I'm glad it all worked out.

by Anonymousreply 80October 13, 2020 3:08 AM

R21 I had two posts "on block" at that point. Now I have to go see who they are.

by Anonymousreply 81October 13, 2020 4:04 AM

Are we talking about Michael Jackson's kid? Or is his name Comforter?

by Anonymousreply 82October 16, 2020 3:25 AM

OP, I’m worried about your évident head injury.

by Anonymousreply 83October 16, 2020 3:38 AM

R77 has obviously sustained an injury of her own which has allowed her natural cuntishness to escalate as her reading comprehension skills decline.

by Anonymousreply 84October 16, 2020 4:07 AM

This thread reminds me of the time I lost me (now dearly departed) then-13 year old dog and people were still trying to "adopt" her and argue over her on Nextdoor long after I claimed her, even when I posted a few more times that she was mine and I had arranged to pick her up in the morning.

It was sort of terrifying because the "finder" did not want me to come get my dog until the next day, as it was 10pm or so. I was afraid she was going to get confused and give my dog to a complete stranger who didn't bother to read the whole thread!

by Anonymousreply 85October 16, 2020 4:09 AM

(R77) Trump 2020

by Anonymousreply 86October 16, 2020 4:09 AM

MARY! to this whole thread.

by Anonymousreply 87October 16, 2020 4:55 AM

Of course you'd return it! Dry cleaning it and enclosing a gift of some kind eg an Amazon card is thoughtful. Don't ever make people regret being generous.

by Anonymousreply 88October 16, 2020 5:02 AM

88 replies for a blanket. That's more than a lot of celebrities on here.

by Anonymousreply 89October 16, 2020 5:15 AM

WHAT’S THE MATTER WITH YOU ARE YOU CRAZY OR SOMETHING??!! GIVE HER BACK THE BLANKET, YOU BLOCKHEAD!!

AAAAAUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!

by Anonymousreply 90October 16, 2020 5:35 AM

I would give them this pillow to go with the new blanket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 16, 2020 5:43 AM

There are still no cases known of smear infection of covid; it is transmitted person to person; si... fr... .

by Anonymousreply 92October 16, 2020 8:50 AM

UPDATE #3: I cleaned the blanket! It feels super soft and smells. great. Today I will pick up a fancy bar of chocolate, and a card. I guess also I have buy one of those bubble-wrap-lined mailer. Getting closer!

by Anonymousreply 93October 16, 2020 1:52 PM

UPDATE #4: I figured I should tell you all a little about the actual blanket.

So basically, it's a sofa throw. It's from Pier One. It's baby blue in color with a tan plaid design over it. It has fringe around the perimeter --but not that kind of crazy long fringe that really draws attention to itself. It's a small detail.

Although it feels like a soft wool, I think it is synthetic. I washed it on delicate and dried it on low dry. The way it came out, it just seemed like it was an easy-care synthetic. Which I was happy about because you can really fuck up wool if you aren't super careful. As it is, it looks brand new now.

by Anonymousreply 94October 16, 2020 1:54 PM

Easy OP! Cut the blanket into lots of little squares and glue together a "Thank Your" wreath made out of it. Hopefully the blanket is fall colors. Hand-delivered it to her door with a beaming smile, she'll go nuts! You can get one of those styrofoam rings at Jo-Ann's.

by Anonymousreply 95October 16, 2020 2:04 PM

R95 LOL! Love it.

by Anonymousreply 96October 16, 2020 2:06 PM

Wear a fake leg and arm cast and wrap your head in bandages. Wheel up to her door in a wheelchair and ring the doorbell and hand her the blanket when she answers the door. Don't say anything, just stare.

by Anonymousreply 97October 16, 2020 2:17 PM

R97

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 16, 2020 2:23 PM

Find the approximate cost of the blanket and give her an Amazon card in that amount. Explain why you think it best not to return a blanket that may be covered with COVID.

by Anonymousreply 99October 16, 2020 2:27 PM

LOL. It's not covered in COVID. Plus, even if I had Covid cooties, you could leave the blanket in the plastic cover I'm putting it in for a few days to be safe.

But see? This is why I was hesitant to return the blanket initially, because of the virus, and then everyone jumped on my case saying "don't be crazy, you MUST return the blanket, OP! Don't be a selfish cunt!" Lol. It's a mobius strip of questions.

by Anonymousreply 100October 16, 2020 2:40 PM

Your pol, OP, was is put together by the RNC?

by Anonymousreply 101October 16, 2020 2:54 PM

OP even "minor" car accidents can be quite traumatizing. It's not unusual to experience anxiety and insomnia in the aftermath. Why not have a few sessions of online counselling to help you process the ordeal?

by Anonymousreply 102October 17, 2020 4:56 PM

UPDATE #5: R102, Rescue Chick et. al., you will not believe this. None of you are going to believe this. I don't even believe this.

Yesterday, I was driving through a parking lot to exit onto the main road, and a college kid a huge Jeep SUV started backing out of his spot as I was driving behind him. AND HE HIT MY CAR!!! My original car from the first accident was a Toyota Highlander, but my second car is a sporty little BMW which sits pretty low to the ground (especially compared to the kid's Jeep Patriot). Maybe there was a legitimate blind spot, or maybe he was looking at his cell phone. But the area around my right front tire is all bashed up.

I wasn't hurt, and I was not at fault. I've already started a claim with his insurance, and I don't foresee any snags to getting my car fixed, except the annoying passage of time. Body work is not quick. It's just INSANE that I have had both cars damaged in nine days! Now I will have to get a loaner and I do not want to Uber anywhere because of the virus. It's such a pain in the ass that this happened. I can't even go to the post office right now to mail the frigging blanket back to Blanket Woman!

I am starting to feel like the universe is telling me...something. Trying to figure out the message. Cuz seriously...WTF. Any guesses why this is happening to me????? Am I just not supposed to be driving right now for some secret spiritual reason?

And before you start going 0/10 or whatever, as fucked up as it sounds, I swear on my grandmother's grave that this is all 100% true.

by Anonymousreply 103October 17, 2020 6:48 PM

Op r103, I also am a 'Final Destination' person. I mean, it's not a real thing but it feels like it sometimes. I have had a car land in my house, a giant chunk of ice fall off a building and hit my head etc etc. My friends joke all the time about my 'final destination' moments. so, I believe you. No one else will, but I really do.

by Anonymousreply 104October 17, 2020 7:08 PM

Send her a nice blanket from one of the cushy catalog's.

by Anonymousreply 105October 17, 2020 7:46 PM

R104 I just looked up "Final Destination" and that sounds horrible! No no no. I'd rather think that an an angel is protecting me, while giving me firm nudges that I need to change direction in my life. Of course, I don't know which direction I'm supposed to go. Or why my current direction is so wrong. But clearly something is not in alignment currently.

The good part is I've come away completely unharmed from both accidents. The bad part is, a few times lately I have started to fall asleep, and a huge surge of fear and adrenaline wake me back up. I can usually get back to sleep fine after that, but it takes a minute or two to settle back down.

by Anonymousreply 106October 17, 2020 10:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!