Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden/Harris Endorsement Thread

Let's collect all of the endorsements for Joe and Kamala.

Starting with the scathing commentary by the Mar-A-Lago hometown newspaper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93November 3, 2020 6:01 PM

New England Journal of Medicine

(sort of...)

[quote] "...truth is neither liberal nor conservative. When it comes to the response to the largest public health crisis of our time, our current political leaders have demonstrated that they are dangerously incompetent. We should not abet them and enable the deaths of thousands more Americans by allowing them to keep their jobs."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2020 6:28 PM

New York Times

[quote] Mr. Biden isn’t a perfect candidate and he wouldn’t be a perfect president. But politics is not about perfection. It is about the art of the possible and about encouraging America to embrace its better angels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2020 6:29 PM

Axl Rose, Pearl Jam, The Chicks (formerly Dixie), Jimmy Buffett, SNOOP DOGG, and Cyndi Lauper

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2020 6:32 PM

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Before you laugh, he has 200 million followers on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2020 6:40 PM

Taylor Swift

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2020 6:43 PM

Retired four-star Air Force Gen. Chuck Boyd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2020 11:22 PM

The Philadelphia Enquirer

[quote] America can overcome the damage Donald Trump has wrought in the last four years — and Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are the ones to lead the recovery.

[quote] That is why it is so critical that each and every person make a plan to vote today — and cast a vote for Joe Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2020 12:06 PM

Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2020 1:15 PM

Scientific American

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2020 2:08 PM

[quote] "If you got the U.S. on this path, you would lower the debt and raise GDP," said Richard Prisinzano, the director of policy analysis at the Penn Wharton Budget Model, a nonpartisan group at the top business school. "It is productive spending that Mr. Biden is proposing."

[quote] Penn Wharton could not do a similar analysis for Mr. Trump, according to Prisinzano, because the Republican incumbent hasn't offered any plans for his second term with enough detail to do an analysis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2020 12:01 AM

"Record-breaking group" of faith leaders endorses Biden

The group of endorsements includes prominent evangelical leader Billy Graham’s granddaughter, Jerushah Duford.

Other members of the Pro-life Evangelicals for Biden group include John Huffman, former board chairman of Christianity Today magazine, who the Post said plans to vote for a Democratic candidate for the first time this year.

Additional faith leader endorsements for Biden include former U.S. Ambassador for Religious Freedom in the Obama administration Suzan Johnson Cook, former General Secretary of the National Council of Churches Michael Kinnamon and Anna Jane Joyner, who is the daughter of conservative evangelical pastor Rick Joyner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2020 12:09 AM

Anyone with a brain.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2020 12:11 AM

My second cousin is endorsing Biden. He has seven children with 5 mail order bride ex wives and hasn’t paid taxes in 20 years. Suddenly it all makes sense!

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2020 12:12 AM

Fucked 'em both.

Biden's better.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2020 12:16 AM

Connie Chung

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2020 12:21 AM

The Lincoln Project

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2020 12:28 AM

List of Joe Biden 2020 presidential campaign endorsements

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2020 12:30 AM

Houston Chronicle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2020 1:59 AM

Cindy McCain

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2020 2:29 AM

Anyone who doesn’t enjoy taking apart animals

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2020 2:51 AM

Manhattan

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2020 7:29 AM

80% of the world population. And I am being modest about it!!!

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2020 10:24 AM

Ex CIA director General Michael Hayden

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2020 10:41 AM

[quote]My second cousin is endorsing Biden. He has seven children with 5 mail order bride ex wives and hasn’t paid taxes in 20 years. Suddenly it all makes sense!

Sounds like a gene pool of trash in a shithole dumpster town. No wonder you're toxic trash too, R13.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2020 10:41 AM

I am Willie Brown. I endorse Biden/Kamala because Kamala sucks, but not at her job. :p

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2020 10:46 AM

The vairst whore Melania would get the most endorsements if it comes down to sucking!!!

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2020 10:52 AM

"Christianity Today" supports Joe Biden, so I guess you could say God supports Joe Biden

Beat that :)

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2020 10:59 AM

Bigfoot

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2020 10:59 AM

Donald Trump slams Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after royals endorse rival Joe Biden

[quote]The couple had angered him when they told US voters to “reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity” ahead of the November 3 election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2020 11:10 AM

Scientific American

(a month ago)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2020 11:13 AM

^^ So, science AND God support Joe Biden... Right wing heads are exploding everywhere

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2020 11:17 AM

I’m guessing the ghost of Herman Cain

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2020 12:41 PM

Trump. Even he knows Biden is better.

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2020 1:18 PM

White supremacist Richard Spencer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2020 1:29 PM

David Duke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2020 1:30 PM

Everyone, left and right, is loving Biden. Trump must be seething with jealousy!!! Fat Turd Trump is dying!!!

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2020 1:34 PM

Nearly 500 generals, admirals and former national security officials from both parties endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday, and blasted President Donald Trump as "not equal" to the challenges of the job in an open letter to America.

"The current President has demonstrated he is not equal to the enormous responsibilities of his office; he cannot rise to meet challenges large or small," the group writes. "Thanks to his disdainful attitude and his failures, our allies no longer trust or respect us, and our enemies no longer fear us."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2020 7:47 PM

Dozens of prominent Republicans have publicly endorsed or shown support for former vice president and Democratic nominee Joe Biden instead of their party's incumbent, President Donald Trump.

They include elected officials, former Trump administration officials and other prominent Republicans who have slammed Trump for everything from a "bungled" response to the coronavirus pandemic, "terrifying" national security approaches and general divisiveness in the country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2020 7:51 PM

Lee Grant and Dinah Manoff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2020 7:59 PM

Greta Thunberg

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2020 5:46 AM

Mama June on Facebook

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2020 9:44 AM

Trump's new home endorses Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2020 12:50 PM

[quote] truth is neither liberal nor conservative.

Yes, it fucking is. The Democrats have never been wrong about any issue ever since it’s inception and never will be ever. Any newspaper that doesn’t endorse Joe Biden should be shut down. If that censorship, then so fucking be it. We literally cannot afford another Trump, and if we need to become an out right dictatorship in order to prevent another one, that is more than fine with me.

by Anonymousreply 43October 13, 2020 12:53 PM

Claudia Conway

by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2020 12:54 PM

We cannot stand by and let science be undermined. Joe Biden’s trust in truth, evidence, science and democracy make him the only choice in the US election.

[quote] No US president in recent history has so relentlessly attacked and undermined so many valuable institutions, from science agencies to the media, the courts, the Department of Justice — and even the electoral system. Trump claims to put ‘America First’. But in his response to the pandemic, Trump has put himself first, not America.

[quote] Joe Biden must be given an opportunity to restore trust in truth, in evidence, in science and in other institutions of democracy, heal a divided nation, and begin the urgent task of rebuilding the United States’ reputation in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2020 4:30 AM

Police unions.

Oh, wait....

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2020 4:47 AM

Fuck you, R46.

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2020 5:26 AM

For which campaign, president or senator?

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2020 6:20 AM

CAROLINE ROSE GIULIANI

[quote] To anyone who feels overwhelmed or apathetic about this election, there is nothing I relate to more than desperation to escape corrosive political discourse. As a child, I saw firsthand the kind of cruel, selfish politics that Donald Trump has now inflicted on our country. It made me want to run as far away from them as possible. But trust me when I tell you: Running away does not solve the problem. We have to stand and fight. The only way to end this nightmare is to vote. There is hope on the horizon, but we’ll only grasp it if we elect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

[quote] Around the age of 12, I would occasionally get into debates with my father, probably before I was emotionally equipped to handle such carnage. It was disheartening to feel how little power I had to change his mind, no matter how logical and above-my-pay-grade my arguments were. He always found a way to justify his party line, whatever it was at the time. Even though he was considered socially moderate for a Republican back in the day, we still often butted heads. When I tried to explain my belief that you don’t get to be considered benevolent on LGBTQ+ rights just because you have gay friends but don’t support gay marriage, I distinctly remember him firing back with an intensity fit for an opposing politican rather than one’s child. To be clear, I’m not sharing this anecdote to complain or criticize. I had an extremely privileged childhood and am grateful for everything I was given, including real-world lessons and complicated experiences like these. The point is to illustrate one of the many reasons I have a fraught relationship with politics, like so many of us do.

[quote] If being the daughter of a polarizing mayor who became the president’s personal bulldog has taught me anything, it is that corruption starts with “yes-men” and women, the cronies who create an echo chamber of lies and subservience to maintain their proximity to power. We’ve seen this ad nauseam with Trump and his cadre of high-level sycophants (the ones who weren’t convicted, anyway).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2020 7:24 PM

Over 125 mayors across Pa. announce they're backing Biden for president

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2020 5:22 AM

Donna Hanover

by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2020 5:48 AM

Every celebrity telling us to vote. Especially the ones that got naked. That should be quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2020 5:50 AM

NEW YORK TIMES

END OUR NATIONAL CRISIS

The Case Against Donald Trump

[quote] Mr. Trump stands without any real rivals as the worst American president in modern history. In 2016, his bitter account of the nation’s ailments struck a chord with many voters. But the lesson of the last four years is that he cannot solve the nation’s pressing problems because he is the nation’s most pressing problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 16, 2020 3:47 PM

Rolling Stone

It was reported in [italic]the Hill[/italic], but I cannot post the link.

by Anonymousreply 54October 19, 2020 4:19 PM

For R54:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 20, 2020 12:50 AM

USA Today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 20, 2020 12:25 PM

Michael Steele

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 20, 2020 12:32 PM

R56, that's actually a big one which could matter. Lots of deplorables read that rag.

by Anonymousreply 58October 20, 2020 12:34 PM

The Wall Strret Journal has turned shitty since the Murdochs have grown the pro-Trump & pro-Putin influence. What a shame.

by Anonymousreply 59October 20, 2020 2:12 PM

Where the flyin' F were a lot of these people 4 years ago? Especially these so-called religious leaders and spokespeople. It's easy to climb on the bandwagon now, isn't it? Y'all oughta' be ashamed to have kept quiet these past few years.

Trump has to be buried in a landslide, and if it takes people who couldn't be bothered to speak up and out, at the time it mattered, well then, I guess I'll have to be OK with it. I really DO hope that these johnny-come-lately endorsements will inspire others to do likewise.

by Anonymousreply 60October 20, 2020 4:18 PM

More than 1600 faith leaders have endorsed Biden on record.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 20, 2020 5:36 PM

GoP ex-Governors Christine Todd Whitman, William Weld, and Rick Snyder, among others:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 20, 2020 5:54 PM

r56, that deserves its own thread because they never do that.

by Anonymousreply 63October 20, 2020 9:18 PM

Anyone who votes for this guy is a fucking idiot and you’ll regret it when he ships all your jobs to China.

by Anonymousreply 64October 20, 2020 9:20 PM

Sticking with Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 23, 2020 1:04 AM

NEW HAMPSHIRE UNION LEADER

[quote] President Trump is not always 100 percent wrong, but he is 100 percent wrong for America. Trump has many admirable accomplishments from his first term in office. We can find much common ground with Trump supporters, including judicial appointments, tax policy, support for gun rights, even inroads to Middle East peace. Trump has been able to accomplish this despite many in the media and Congress working to stop him at every opportunity.

[quote] Donald Trump did not create the social-media-driven political landscape we now live in, but he has weaponized it. He is a consummate linguistic takedown artist, ripping apart all comers to the delight of his fanbase but at the expense of the nation. America faces many challenges and needs a president to build this country up. This appears to be outside of Mr. Trump’s skill set.

[quote] Building this country up sits squarely within the skill set of Joseph Biden. We have found Mr. Biden to be a caring, compassionate and professional public servant. He has repeatedly expressed his desire to be a president for all of America, and we take him at his word. Joe Biden may not be the president we want, but in 2020 he is the president we desperately need. He will be a president to bring people together and right the ship of state.

[quote] * While Joe Biden is the clear choice for president, it would be a disservice to the country to send him to the White House without a backstop. We suggest splitting the ballot and electing a healthy dose of GOP senators and representatives. The best governance often comes through compromise. The civility of the Biden administration will help foster such compromise, but a blue wave would be nearly as disastrous for this country as four more years of Trump. It would result in a quagmire of big government programs that will take decades to overcome.

by Anonymousreply 66October 25, 2020 12:59 PM

Hide/Embarass

by Anonymousreply 67October 25, 2020 1:32 PM

New Hampshire Union Leader: We could've done without your last paragraph. And if enough sane people vote, we'll get the government we deserve, one without so many uncaring, two-faced, vile, hypocritical and sanctimonious bastards as we have at present.

by Anonymousreply 68October 25, 2020 2:09 PM

More supporters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 25, 2020 2:10 PM

The Manchester Union Leader has been very conservative and Republican for many decades.

They damaged Edmund Muskie's campaign in '72, leading to him dropping out of the race as the Democratic primaries were getting underway.

Electing a larger mass of Republicans in the Legislative branch won't lead to comprise; it renders stalemate. McConnell and cohorts will obstruct, not compromise.

by Anonymousreply 70October 25, 2020 2:43 PM

TOPEKA KANSAS CAPITAL-JOURNAL

[quote] In the person of incumbent President Donald Trump, we have someone profoundly indecent, accused of sexual assault by nearly 20 women and captured on tape bragging about it. We know he doesn’t look out for his neighbors, as he’s routinely insulted other nations who have traditionally been our strongest allies. As for putting in hard work, the president’s lengthy days watching cable news or golfing should suggest how little he’s interested in doing the traditional labors of president.

[quote] But that election is past, and a new one approaches. Unlike Trump, Joe Biden has nearly five decades of documented public service, as a senator and vice president. He has served ably and honorably over that time. We do not agree with all of his proposals or actions over those years. We doubt that he does either. But he has always been open and forthright with the American people. He has always appealed to our better selves.

[quote] In these difficult times, after four years of chaos and confusion, the United States needs a steady hand. We endorse Joe Biden as the next president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 26, 2020 12:20 AM

Newspapers that have endorsed Trump:

Las Vegas Review-Journal (daily)

The Santa Barbara News Press (daily)

The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (Little Rock, daily)

The Jewish Voice (NYC, weekly)

That's it.

Biden has received many dozens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 26, 2020 1:06 AM

Josh Venable, Betsy DeVoss' Chief of Staff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 30, 2020 4:36 PM

CAROLINE ROSE, you father is a piece of shit, insane and corrupt! and ALWAYS HAS BEEN!...

by Anonymousreply 74October 30, 2020 4:51 PM

I know!

by Anonymousreply 75October 30, 2020 6:41 PM

Has any newspaper endorsed Trump for 2020?

by Anonymousreply 76October 30, 2020 6:42 PM

The Economist puts it forcefully.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 30, 2020 6:50 PM

So does The Atlantic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 30, 2020 6:54 PM

[quote] Has any newspaper endorsed Trump for 2020?

The NYPost, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch, and a couple of smaller papers owned by Sheldon Adelson.

by Anonymousreply 79October 30, 2020 6:59 PM

Business Insider lists the 5 Trump newspaper endorsements.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 30, 2020 7:16 PM

Herald staffers incensed at the paper's endorsement of Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 30, 2020 7:17 PM

Former Republican state senator and representative Mike Fasano announced his support of Joe Biden on Oct. 28. "I probably should have spoken out long ago," Fasano said.

[quote] “I’m as Republican as it gets. A conservative Republican," he said in his minute-long video endorsement. "But Donald Trump is an embarrassment, to our party, to our country and to the rest of the world.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 31, 2020 3:10 AM

The Las Vegas Review-Journal is owned by billionaire Sheldon Adelson, a huge Trump benefactor.

The New York Post is a billionaire Rupert Murdoch rag.

by Anonymousreply 83October 31, 2020 6:13 PM

Did someone let their high school freshman write this (less than resounding) endorsement? Christ on a cross, this is pathetic...

[quote] It offers an end to fracking and other Cuckoo California dreams that will cost the economy and the people who most need work right now. “Good-paying green jobs” are probably not jobs for Pittsburgh, or Cleveland, or Toledo, or Youngstown.

[quote] Mr. Biden is too old for the job, and fragile. There is a very real chance he will not make it through the term. Mr. Trump is also too old but seemingly robust. But in Mike Pence, Mr. Trump has a vice president ready to take over, if need be. He is a safe pair of hands. Sen. Kamala Harris gives no evidence of being ready to be president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 1, 2020 2:36 PM

Lady Gaga

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 1, 2020 3:56 PM

biden regularly jogs up to the stage and trump is barely able to stand on a stage without his weird leaning forward posture and leaning on the podium! plus EVERYONE knows and can see that trump is obese, but yet trump is the one healthier in the upside down bizarro world mindset of a trumpster..

by Anonymousreply 86November 1, 2020 4:21 PM

Marc Anthony

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 1, 2020 11:28 PM

Former NHGOP chair, RNC committeeman Duprey endorses Democrat Biden over Trump for president

[quote] He wrote that “having a President who seeks to build unity rather than division and works to uphold the values that unite us is what we need in our President in these challenging times. For me Vice President Biden is that candidate.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 2, 2020 12:32 PM

Ryan Mahoney @rcmahoney Former @GOP communications director & senior advisor.

[quote] Proud to vote country over party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89November 2, 2020 8:15 PM

BREAKING: Eminem announces support for @JoeBiden and @KamalaHarris with new ad soundtrack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90November 2, 2020 9:15 PM

Former SC Republican Congressman, Bob Inglus, endorsed Joe Biden back in late August.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 2, 2020 10:51 PM

R72, when Sheldon Adelson bought the Las Vegas Review Journal, a lot of reporters were horrified and ended up quitting. Before Adelson, it was a much more independent paper. A lot of people cancelled their subscriptions.

Jon Ralston’s newspaper, The Nevada Independent, owes its success to Adelson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 2, 2020 11:15 PM

Michael Cohen is trying to say sorry with his ballot.

The former Trump fixer posted a photo of himself Tuesday after voting against his ex-boss near his home on Manhattan’s Upper East Side.

“Guess what I did this morning ... bright and early? #VOTE,” Cohen tweeted, tagging Democratic candidate Joe Biden and running mate Kamala Harris.

Cohen also used the hashtag #meaculpa and #disloyal, presumably to express his regret for once supporting the president.

The disgraced lawyer, who looked like he hadn’t shaved in a couple of days, was once one of Trump’s most-trusted acolytes.

On the even of the 2016 election, Cohen admitted to paying off two women to keep them quiet about alleged affairs with Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93November 3, 2020 6:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!