Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who's More Hated: Gaga or Taylor?

Who is more hated by gays? The general public?

Gaga has obsessed haters who follow everything she does. They feel threatened by her talent and musical genius and secretly are stans.

Taylor, on the other hand, is hated by many because she always wins, just because she's a basic white girl that appeals to the widest demo/lowest common denominator. She has a thin reedy little voice (can't sing), writes extremely grating & basic teenage love songs at 30, and looks like an inbred hick. To top it off, she has a repulsive personality, and is a closeted lesbian.

So who is more hated by gays?

by Anonymousreply 55February 1, 2021 10:10 PM

The queens in question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2020 5:51 PM

Sorry but the premise is pathetic.

So people hate Gaga because she is incredibly talented. Give me a break

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2020 5:53 PM

By gays: Taylor. More gays just relate to and are drawn to Gaga.

By the general public: I’d say Gaga. While most see her as talented, she’s not “safe” when it comes to appearance and performance and that does turn off a lot of people. Also she sings about sex a lot. People are more likely to clutch their pearls when it comes to Gaga

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2020 6:00 PM

R3

Rain on Me (#1) - not about sex Stupid Love (#5) - not about sex Always Remember Us This Way (#41) - not about sex Shallow (#1) - not about sex Million Reasons (#4) - not about sex

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2020 6:02 PM

This thread is chauvinistic.

Death to the patriarchy!

by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2020 6:03 PM

Clearly we know who y̲o̲u̲ hate more 🙄

by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2020 6:03 PM

What utter drivel

by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2020 6:04 PM

I have no interest at all in Taylor Swift, for all of her noteworthy success, so I don't spend a lot of time/energy thinking about her, OP.

And I don't hate Gaga, but she's proving to be a pretty "basic white girl" (albeit an aging one) with every passing year. She peaked with The Fame in 2008, and has never come close, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2020 6:06 PM

All of these threads lately using "White" as a modifier and a pejorativer are really beginning to get to me. OP you could've easily conveyed the same thoughts by omitting it.

We can all see that she's White.

Would you appreciate or find it harmless if posters began taking up "Basic Black Girl" and began spamming this site with Black ... ? You type racist when you include white when it's needlessly added. It isn't really telling us anything, other than you may have negative feelings about White people.

by Anonymousreply 9October 9, 2020 6:10 PM

R8, CHROMATICA is anything but basic. It's a work of pure art and will win Album of the Year. Quote me.

by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2020 6:11 PM

Taylor's need to constantly play the victim is tedious. And the way she sets her fans on people - she knows if she whines about someone treating her badly her obsessive fans are going to go after them hard. I'm sure Gaga has done the same, but nowhere near the amount of Taylor. Like that documentary, where Swift dredges up something some critic said about her years ago, and sure enough the critic starts getting death threats, etc.

by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2020 6:13 PM

Musical genius and Lady Gaga in the same sentence lol

by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2020 6:18 PM

Madonna

by Anonymousreply 13October 9, 2020 6:20 PM

Gaga can at least play piano on a professional level.

by Anonymousreply 14October 9, 2020 6:28 PM

LADY GAGA singlehandedly saved music and the world in 2020 with CHROMATICA, an album about overcoming demons to discover gratitude, peace, and inner strength.

Her 2020 VMAs performance was a moment this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2020 6:28 PM

Swift has a pleasant enough singing voice here (and lezzing out):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 9, 2020 6:31 PM

R15 no one watched the VMAs. Hardly anyone knows Gaga has a new album.

by Anonymousreply 17October 9, 2020 6:37 PM

R15 this album is a flop and it's out of the Billboard list of the 50 best-selling albums of 2020 lol.

by Anonymousreply 18October 9, 2020 6:40 PM

R18 Katy Perry flopped too. Taylor's new album disappointed. The age of white female pop stars is over.

by Anonymousreply 19October 9, 2020 6:42 PM

Taylor is a LEGEND who is less than 15 years into her career and has already outsold the old ugly bitches like Madonna, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, the reputation tour was the most successful tour of all time, the only artist to have 4 albums debut with a million copies first week. LIVING LEGEND NO ONE IS TOUCHING HER EVER!

by Anonymousreply 20October 9, 2020 6:43 PM

R20, Taylor has NOT outsold LEGEND Madonna, but keep hoping. 😂

by Anonymousreply 21October 9, 2020 6:44 PM

Taylor is in the top 5 of the best selling albums of the year. Gaga dreams of such a result. What's more, Folklore has Universal Acclaim on Metacritic, something Gaga has never had in her entire career. R19

by Anonymousreply 22October 9, 2020 6:45 PM

What a PATHETIC TRANSPARENTLY SAD GAGA STAN SETUP, OP

by Anonymousreply 23October 9, 2020 6:47 PM

R23, and, what about it? 😂

by Anonymousreply 24October 9, 2020 6:47 PM

R22, she paid for those reviews. That boring snoozefest folklore will be snubbed for AOTY. Gaga will win, she is 3 for 0, and Chromatica is a masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 25October 9, 2020 6:48 PM

Taylor is a better singer than 90% of popstars I have no idea why people love to claim she can't sing. Gaga is ugly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 9, 2020 6:48 PM

R26 Taylor's lyrics are juvenile and mean spirited. Gaga is just grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 27October 9, 2020 6:54 PM

Which one is you, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 9, 2020 6:57 PM

If Taylors lyrics are so juvenile how come she has 10 grammys? ans she won them effortlessly without having to get naked or act ridiculous on stage while calling it "art"

by Anonymousreply 29October 9, 2020 6:58 PM

R29. Bille Eyelash has load of Grammys for mumbling incoherently.

by Anonymousreply 30October 9, 2020 7:01 PM

R29. Bille Eyelash has load of Grammys for mumbling incoherently.

by Anonymousreply 31October 9, 2020 7:01 PM

[quote] I have no idea why people love to claim she can't sing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 9, 2020 7:03 PM

Gaga never won a Big Four at the Grammy and Taylor has two AOTY, you twat R25. Wake up to reality, Lady gaga is a failure who with a career of less than ten years was in a Vegas residency.

by Anonymousreply 33October 9, 2020 7:03 PM

I'm loving the person who actually thinks the Grammys reward artistic merit.

by Anonymousreply 34October 9, 2020 7:05 PM

Gays who like Taylor are cringe. It's the same people who go to Disney world as adults. They have the mentality of teenage girls.

by Anonymousreply 35October 9, 2020 7:07 PM

if the grammys are so irrelevant how come your ugly flop fave was so happy to win hers?

by Anonymousreply 36October 9, 2020 7:07 PM

R36 Because pop singers are all narcissists and all love to be given awards and praise. It's not difficult.

by Anonymousreply 37October 9, 2020 7:09 PM

Swift is an unappealing, small-talent, brittle, dishonest, envious, controlling brand-monster mean girl with an excellent view of her target audience and with nothing inside but a dry little twat and an adolescent power trip. She wants to be Princess of the Fairyland Bar but is the Queen of the Empty Mall.

Gaga is a difficult, dishonest, integrative (not the same as plagiarizing) talent of very good voice, very good musicianship, often-excellent instincts, a vision that sometimes has exceeded her understanding of the market but has successfully extended her reach in ways Swift can't understand and Madonna connived for.

And people who type "are cringe" deserve the life they have and will have.

by Anonymousreply 38October 9, 2020 7:14 PM

R38, well said. Only with Chromatica, Gaga has opened herself in colorful ways. She is being more honest on this record than most pop stars ever become.

by Anonymousreply 39October 9, 2020 7:41 PM

Oh brother. The hyperbole!

by Anonymousreply 40October 9, 2020 8:11 PM

Taylor sucks!

by Anonymousreply 41October 10, 2020 8:00 PM

R15 Mary!

R20 Whitney was not old or ugly.

by Anonymousreply 42October 11, 2020 4:01 AM

Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 43October 17, 2020 1:01 PM

maybe this is finally the death of the boring autotuned pop tart and some actual music will be made in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 44October 17, 2020 5:13 PM

Taylor does that thing of interpreting criticism of her entitled, Diva behavior as misogyny. Despite the campy, often coked out stage persona, Gaga seems more down to earth in real life.

by Anonymousreply 45October 19, 2020 3:13 AM

"Who's More Hated: Gaga or Taylor?"

Someone easily Trumps them both.

by Anonymousreply 46October 19, 2020 3:19 AM

They both suck, OP.

by Anonymousreply 47October 19, 2020 3:45 AM

I find both to be very bland. Add Ariana Grande to this list too.

Taylor had a bigger impact on music though with being a solo teenage singer-songwriter who lasted over 15 years and opened the doors for many others and she has many memorable songs. Gaga was only interesting from 2008 to 2011, her first two albums are pop classics that have her most enduring work like "Bad Romance" and "Paparazzi". And that's it, ever since "Born This Way", she has been boring to me. She is talented and will have a long career on TV/film but she has no impact on music or strong body of work.

The 2000s in general was a weak period for pop music. I actually am finding a lot of the younger artists like Lorde, Billie, SZA and H.E.R. to be way more interesting.

Miley and Lana are nutcases but I also find their music more entertaining than Gaga and Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 48February 1, 2021 5:16 AM

It's funny, I think Gaga's third album, ARTPOP, is her best. A few songs just suck, but the rest are so damn interesting for pop songs. I never owned and don't care for The Fame or Born this Way.

And sorry, but Gaga's songs on A Star is Born are fantastic. (I love most of the Cooper songs, too. My inner frau has spoken!)

by Anonymousreply 49February 1, 2021 5:35 AM

I can’t imagine caring about any of this pussy ass shit.

I will say what I’ve heard of Swift is way more irritating than what I’ve heard from Gaga (who I had no idea put out a new album).

by Anonymousreply 50February 1, 2021 5:43 AM

Both seem narcissistic and opportunitists. Which is why they lasted so long in the industry.

I have been skeptical of Gaga since she worked with R. Kelly and ditched her weirdo electronica persona to sing jazz and country and do acting. I lost interest in her early and when she had a big comeback with A Star is Born and the media fell in love with her again. I just moved on too much to care.

Janelle Monae, fka twigs and Dawn Richard are superior

by Anonymousreply 51February 1, 2021 6:38 PM

Madonna

by Anonymousreply 52February 1, 2021 6:40 PM

They are both incredibly phony but Gaga is a bigger hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 53February 1, 2021 6:45 PM

R49

[quote]I love most of the Cooper songs, too. My inner frau has spoken! Cooper came off very gay in that movie.

by Anonymousreply 54February 1, 2021 8:43 PM

I don't know Taylor has always shown who she was. An immature adult woman with the mind of a petty 15 year old. She just happens to be a talented songwriter with a good work ethic and all-American blondie look. I don't know any non-teenage person who thinks she's edgy, artistic or strong and independent. She's not for my demographic and I find her harmless. So she doesn't bother me.

by Anonymousreply 55February 1, 2021 10:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!