Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who's More Hated: Gaga or Taylor?

Who is more hated by gays? The general public?

Gaga has obsessed haters who follow everything she does. They feel threatened by her talent and musical genius and secretly are stans.

Taylor, on the other hand, is hated by many because she always wins, just because she's a basic white girl that appeals to the widest demo/lowest common denominator. She has a thin reedy little voice (can't sing), writes extremely grating & basic teenage love songs at 30, and looks like an inbred hick. To top it off, she has a repulsive personality, and is a closeted lesbian.

So who is more hated by gays?

by Anonymousreply 4710/18/2020

The queens in question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110/09/2020

Sorry but the premise is pathetic.

So people hate Gaga because she is incredibly talented. Give me a break

by Anonymousreply 210/09/2020

By gays: Taylor. More gays just relate to and are drawn to Gaga.

By the general public: I’d say Gaga. While most see her as talented, she’s not “safe” when it comes to appearance and performance and that does turn off a lot of people. Also she sings about sex a lot. People are more likely to clutch their pearls when it comes to Gaga

by Anonymousreply 310/09/2020

R3

Rain on Me (#1) - not about sex Stupid Love (#5) - not about sex Always Remember Us This Way (#41) - not about sex Shallow (#1) - not about sex Million Reasons (#4) - not about sex

by Anonymousreply 410/09/2020

This thread is chauvinistic.

Death to the patriarchy!

by Anonymousreply 510/09/2020

Clearly we know who y̲o̲u̲ hate more 🙄

by Anonymousreply 610/09/2020

What utter drivel

by Anonymousreply 710/09/2020

I have no interest at all in Taylor Swift, for all of her noteworthy success, so I don't spend a lot of time/energy thinking about her, OP.

And I don't hate Gaga, but she's proving to be a pretty "basic white girl" (albeit an aging one) with every passing year. She peaked with The Fame in 2008, and has never come close, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 810/09/2020

All of these threads lately using "White" as a modifier and a pejorativer are really beginning to get to me. OP you could've easily conveyed the same thoughts by omitting it.

We can all see that she's White.

Would you appreciate or find it harmless if posters began taking up "Basic Black Girl" and began spamming this site with Black ... ? You type racist when you include white when it's needlessly added. It isn't really telling us anything, other than you may have negative feelings about White people.

by Anonymousreply 910/09/2020

R8, CHROMATICA is anything but basic. It's a work of pure art and will win Album of the Year. Quote me.

by Anonymousreply 1010/09/2020

Taylor's need to constantly play the victim is tedious. And the way she sets her fans on people - she knows if she whines about someone treating her badly her obsessive fans are going to go after them hard. I'm sure Gaga has done the same, but nowhere near the amount of Taylor. Like that documentary, where Swift dredges up something some critic said about her years ago, and sure enough the critic starts getting death threats, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1110/09/2020

Musical genius and Lady Gaga in the same sentence lol

by Anonymousreply 1210/09/2020

Madonna

by Anonymousreply 1310/09/2020

Gaga can at least play piano on a professional level.

by Anonymousreply 1410/09/2020

LADY GAGA singlehandedly saved music and the world in 2020 with CHROMATICA, an album about overcoming demons to discover gratitude, peace, and inner strength.

Her 2020 VMAs performance was a moment this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1510/09/2020

Swift has a pleasant enough singing voice here (and lezzing out):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1610/09/2020

R15 no one watched the VMAs. Hardly anyone knows Gaga has a new album.

by Anonymousreply 1710/09/2020

R15 this album is a flop and it's out of the Billboard list of the 50 best-selling albums of 2020 lol.

by Anonymousreply 1810/09/2020

R18 Katy Perry flopped too. Taylor's new album disappointed. The age of white female pop stars is over.

by Anonymousreply 1910/09/2020

Taylor is a LEGEND who is less than 15 years into her career and has already outsold the old ugly bitches like Madonna, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, the reputation tour was the most successful tour of all time, the only artist to have 4 albums debut with a million copies first week. LIVING LEGEND NO ONE IS TOUCHING HER EVER!

by Anonymousreply 2010/09/2020

R20, Taylor has NOT outsold LEGEND Madonna, but keep hoping. 😂

by Anonymousreply 2110/09/2020

Taylor is in the top 5 of the best selling albums of the year. Gaga dreams of such a result. What's more, Folklore has Universal Acclaim on Metacritic, something Gaga has never had in her entire career. R19

by Anonymousreply 2210/09/2020

What a PATHETIC TRANSPARENTLY SAD GAGA STAN SETUP, OP

by Anonymousreply 2310/09/2020

R23, and, what about it? 😂

by Anonymousreply 2410/09/2020

R22, she paid for those reviews. That boring snoozefest folklore will be snubbed for AOTY. Gaga will win, she is 3 for 0, and Chromatica is a masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 2510/09/2020

Taylor is a better singer than 90% of popstars I have no idea why people love to claim she can't sing. Gaga is ugly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2610/09/2020

R26 Taylor's lyrics are juvenile and mean spirited. Gaga is just grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 2710/09/2020

Which one is you, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2810/09/2020

If Taylors lyrics are so juvenile how come she has 10 grammys? ans she won them effortlessly without having to get naked or act ridiculous on stage while calling it "art"

by Anonymousreply 2910/09/2020

R29. Bille Eyelash has load of Grammys for mumbling incoherently.

by Anonymousreply 3010/09/2020

R29. Bille Eyelash has load of Grammys for mumbling incoherently.

by Anonymousreply 3110/09/2020

[quote] I have no idea why people love to claim she can't sing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3210/09/2020

Gaga never won a Big Four at the Grammy and Taylor has two AOTY, you twat R25. Wake up to reality, Lady gaga is a failure who with a career of less than ten years was in a Vegas residency.

by Anonymousreply 3310/09/2020

I'm loving the person who actually thinks the Grammys reward artistic merit.

by Anonymousreply 3410/09/2020

Gays who like Taylor are cringe. It's the same people who go to Disney world as adults. They have the mentality of teenage girls.

by Anonymousreply 3510/09/2020

if the grammys are so irrelevant how come your ugly flop fave was so happy to win hers?

by Anonymousreply 3610/09/2020

R36 Because pop singers are all narcissists and all love to be given awards and praise. It's not difficult.

by Anonymousreply 3710/09/2020

Swift is an unappealing, small-talent, brittle, dishonest, envious, controlling brand-monster mean girl with an excellent view of her target audience and with nothing inside but a dry little twat and an adolescent power trip. She wants to be Princess of the Fairyland Bar but is the Queen of the Empty Mall.

Gaga is a difficult, dishonest, integrative (not the same as plagiarizing) talent of very good voice, very good musicianship, often-excellent instincts, a vision that sometimes has exceeded her understanding of the market but has successfully extended her reach in ways Swift can't understand and Madonna connived for.

And people who type "are cringe" deserve the life they have and will have.

by Anonymousreply 3810/09/2020

R38, well said. Only with Chromatica, Gaga has opened herself in colorful ways. She is being more honest on this record than most pop stars ever become.

by Anonymousreply 3910/09/2020

Oh brother. The hyperbole!

by Anonymousreply 4010/09/2020

Taylor sucks!

by Anonymousreply 4110/10/2020

R15 Mary!

R20 Whitney was not old or ugly.

by Anonymousreply 4210/10/2020

Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 4310/17/2020

maybe this is finally the death of the boring autotuned pop tart and some actual music will be made in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 4410/17/2020

Taylor does that thing of interpreting criticism of her entitled, Diva behavior as misogyny. Despite the campy, often coked out stage persona, Gaga seems more down to earth in real life.

by Anonymousreply 4510/18/2020

"Who's More Hated: Gaga or Taylor?"

Someone easily Trumps them both.

by Anonymousreply 4610/18/2020

They both suck, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4710/18/2020
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!