Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why didn't Janet Jackson release "Trust A Try" as a single?

It would have been a hit!!! It also would have probably got her another Rock Grammy nomination. This is such a good song. I loved when she would experiment with her sound and try mixing sounds etc. Say what you will about her, but this is pretty badass, and a much better rock song than Black Cat, although I love that one too.

This is pretty badass. That Guitar solo is brilliant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 28, 2020 7:51 AM

Another variation of her tiresome whisper-coo. It sounds ridiculous coming out of the lips of anyone over forty.

by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2020 4:16 PM

R1 she was 33 when she recorded this

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2020 5:10 PM

This song is a BOP

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2020 9:31 PM

She did. It's called YOU.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2020 9:36 PM

Why must the stench of R1 be everywhere on Janet threads?

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2020 10:38 PM

You know while I was sitting at home today trying to recover from major surgery I asked myself that very question

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2020 10:56 PM

Poor Janet. Even her fans are mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2020 9:14 AM

Why?

Because she was fired from several recording contracts due to nonexistent sales and can't get another one these days because she's no longer known by the public and is known to have a very bad work ethic of either cancelling or not showing up to commitments.

That's why OP.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2020 9:29 AM

JT should be tarred and feathered for throwing her under the bus after the Super Bowl titty incident.

But Janet is no picnic herself.

by Anonymousreply 9October 27, 2020 12:24 PM

That was all her R9. JT had nothing to do with it. Nobody likes Janet Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 10October 27, 2020 12:55 PM

Who cares? This isn’t a Janet Jackson forum.

by Anonymousreply 11October 27, 2020 12:59 PM

You're absolutely right R11. Her entire career went down the shitter long ago and nobody even cares what she's doing these days.

by Anonymousreply 12October 27, 2020 1:01 PM

R10 no it wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 13October 27, 2020 1:59 PM

Because Son of a Gun tanked, OP.

by Anonymousreply 14October 27, 2020 2:08 PM

I remember a secret Janet track that was on Soundcloud....called The Mix. It sounded good....apparently some guy she was working with had it as a demo, but nothing ever came of it.

I can't find it now.

by Anonymousreply 15October 27, 2020 2:12 PM

Who cares

by Anonymousreply 16October 27, 2020 2:18 PM

Agreed R12 I never hear or see anyone talk about her (outside of here), unless it’s in relation to her brother. Honestly, I didn’t even know she was still making music or in the music business.

by Anonymousreply 17October 27, 2020 2:29 PM

I'm sorry to say this, OP, but this song sounds like a cross between two songs rejected by Destiny's Child and Pink, mashed together. I agree that the arrangement is unusual for Urban-lite pop of the early 2000s, but that still doesn't make it a single.

Also, Janet's tone has always been pretty (even if her voice is thinner than air), and Rockwilder and Jam & Lewis found the way to ruin it by making sound both harsh and tinny.

As you can see, I am not a fan of either Janet or any of her siblings, but even I must admit that she has had some excellent songs in the past. The problem is that without top quality material and very good production, she sinks because the talent simply isn't there.

by Anonymousreply 18October 27, 2020 4:48 PM

I remember listening to Again for the first time in at least a decade a while back and couldn’t stop thinking how bad it was and how good it could’ve been with another singer.

by Anonymousreply 19October 28, 2020 7:50 AM

It sounds like it is sung by Alvin and the 🐿.

by Anonymousreply 20October 28, 2020 7:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!