Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

is beer a meal?

its all ive consumed in the past 3 days and i havent felt hungry at all

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2020 2:14 PM

Maybe that thicc Guinness type stuff.

by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2020 10:58 PM

3 days? Your poor liver. Yeah, beer is like liquid white bread...all sugar, carbs and empty calories. Some ales and dark beers, depending on the brewing process can have some nutritional value but no way should you consume that only or so often.

by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2020 10:59 PM

Your post reads like a 1970s country song title. I can hear Casey Kasem introducing it on his radio show in my mind's ear.

"'Is Beer a Meal?(It's All I've Consumed in the Past 3 Days and I Haven't Felt Hungry at All)', by Ricky Scroats and the Datoungers burned up the country and western charts, all the way to #39 in the Aldi Hot 100 during the summer of 1978!"

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2020 11:19 PM

R3 More like a novelty song, but I second your appraisal.

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2020 11:24 PM

My parents have a friend who is in her 70s and to this day is obsessed with her weight. But, she loves to drink. So, she basically subsists on light beer and baby carrots. Occasionally a hard boiled egg. She is thin. though.

by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2020 12:30 AM

Is ketchup a vegetable?

by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2020 12:35 AM

I have a friend like that, R5. She is thin, in her late 30’s, and hot as hell (she is also Somali so her skin is perfect). She drinks day and night, but barely eats at all (I have only seen her eat a piece of fruit here and there). She admits that she gets all of her calories from alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2020 12:41 AM

OP = NIALL HORAN

by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2020 12:42 AM

Hoe, you need to take a multi vitamin a day or you'll start getting rickets and your hair will fall out.

by Anonymousreply 9October 9, 2020 12:44 AM

R6 Tomatoes are fruits, not vegetables, so Ketchup is fruit juice.

by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2020 1:19 AM

No, if you had to ask, OP

R9 - I believe OP is already bald and fat and shedding won't be an issue for him.

by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2020 2:00 AM

How do people drink all day and not eat? I would be puking everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2020 2:26 AM

I Ate NOTHING For a Week but Beer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 9, 2020 10:31 AM

R1 is actually correct about Guinness. It was created to be a meal replacement for poor people who couldn't get enough to eat.

by Anonymousreply 14October 9, 2020 1:22 PM

Gout is right around the corner waiting for you.

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2020 2:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!