Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Unsolved Mysteries Volume 2 Trailer and Cases Revealed

Another 6 episodes coming this month!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 15, 2021 11:13 PM

The first one creeped me out

by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2020 5:07 PM

I am looking forward to this!

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2020 7:07 AM

I watched the first episode of the second season. I think John Wheeler had mental breakdown. He crawled into a dumpster to sleep. He was killed when the dumpster was emptied.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2020 4:42 PM

Love this show

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2020 4:55 PM

I watch the episodes out of order. I saw the Lester Eubanks episode -- frightening stuff! I'm on the episode about the woman whom they assumed drowned in the lake. Good stuff so far.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2020 4:59 PM

I just watched the one about the church frau who jumped in the lake.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2020 6:58 PM

R6, lol. That's the one I just watched. And come on now -- no church frau is going to commit suicide via icy shallow lake drowning.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2020 7:03 PM

No way r7. And the lake had no current, if she'd gone in she would've been floating close by.

Women who suicide almost always favor pills, it's very unusual for a woman to kill herself through methods that would be painful/violent like drowning, hanging or gunshot. That's what suicidal men do.

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2020 7:18 PM

R8, the cop with the moustache on the stand was clearly lying. His body language indicates that not even he believes that woman entered a shallow lake and floated down 35 miles downstream to that Canadian island. It's more likely that that Tim Matouk relative was a dirty cop and they're just covering up for him.

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2020 8:38 PM

r9 I thought the same. Her shitty family was behind it.

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2020 11:07 PM

Did anyone watch the Jennifer Ferrante one? I still think she committed suicide. I don't know why they think every suicide MUST be a murder

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2020 11:14 PM

R11, she had spy written all over her.

by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2020 12:06 AM

R12, there have been other cases like this where people committed suicide under an alias. They never turn out to be spies. Usually just lonely, mentally ill people. Real life isn't a James Bond movie.

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2020 12:09 AM

I think the Japan tsunami one was caused by hallucinations from radioactivity after the nuclear power plant started emitting radioactive material.

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2020 3:54 AM

They left out the fact that Christopher Dansby and Shane Walker were seen playing with the same children right before they disappeared. I think the kids were paid to lure the toddlers. It was probably a pedo who had a fetish for black male children.

by Anonymousreply 15October 20, 2020 5:38 AM

The dead woman in the Oslo hotel was an unsettling episode.

by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2020 8:28 PM

So how she bought a gun with removed serial number ? It is easy?

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2020 8:34 PM

Who says she bought it? Maybe she stole it or someone gave it to her. Or she just removed the serial number

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2020 8:57 PM

The Gross Pointe skinny daughter seemed to have the hots for the PI. Also, she’ll never let it go, she’ll live on it forever.

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2020 9:01 PM

Then you had the other daughter, who looks like the love child of Jabba the Hutt. You know she must hate her hot, skinny sister.

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2020 9:32 PM

OK, the church lady’s skinny daughter, what voice is that? I catch some upspeak and shades of vocal fry, but I think there must be a whole new category for it. I might be more sympathetic except for that voice of hers and perhaps that overly self righteousness of hers.

by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2020 5:43 PM

So church lady is divorced, living in one of the wealthiest exclusive suburbs and driving a Lexus, while only working part time at a dress boutique? Maybe the shop was laundering money? And what about the priest, why wasn’t he a suspect? And did they prove that the car whose tank was just topped off, would have gas loss for the 30 mile drive to and from where the body ended up as they surmised? And did they do a DNA analysis of the car?

by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2020 5:48 PM

She probably got a decent divorce settlement and that's why she had money. I doubt anyone cared enough about this frau to send a hit man after her. Her kids are in denial that she killed herself. Just like Rey Rivera's family

by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2020 6:10 PM

R23, suicide via self-drowning in an icy shallow lake? If this frau wanted to off herself, she would have more likely OD'd on pills or poisoned her mug of pumpkin spice latte.

by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2020 6:48 PM

The lake was shallow and there was no current. Her body would've been floating very close to where she went in, if she'd suicided.

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2020 6:52 PM

My big question on the Oslo episode: why didn’t they get to the bottom of why she was allowed to check into the hotel with no identification and no credit card. Did they not interview the hotel staff? Find out who allowed that and why? It seems odd that it’s just glossed over.

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2020 7:19 PM

R26, it's called incompetent employees. Not everything is a conspiracy

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2020 7:50 PM

[quote] I watched the first episode of the second season. I think John Wheeler had mental breakdown. He crawled into a dumpster to sleep. He was killed when the dumpster was emptied.

A few problems with that: apparently he had bruises all over his body; we need to know what happened during the car ride to the parking lot, and, if you didn't know that people used large trash bins to sleep in the cold, would you ever come up with that on your own?

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2020 8:11 PM

The bruises probably came from.....getting crushed in a dumpster

by Anonymousreply 29October 21, 2020 8:19 PM

I at first thought Wheeler was beaten to death by some random riffraff he encountered in that sketch part of Newark, but his body was found with cash, his Rolex and his diamond ring so it's unlikely that's what happened.

by Anonymousreply 30October 21, 2020 10:41 PM

Regarding John Wheeler: I think his wife put a hit on him, or he put a hit on himself, and she knew or got a suicide note from him, telling her what he had done, and she’s keeping mum for insurance cash and his pension.

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2020 12:42 AM

Yes, she put a hit out on him despite not knowing in advance where he would be that night. If it was a hit he would have been killed at his house

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2020 12:50 AM

If it was a hit he would have been shot, not beaten

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2020 12:57 AM

People who are hypothermic will seek shelter anywhere they can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2020 5:01 AM

R32, the guy was a good man in some respects, but he was also a creep.

He relentlessly harassed the people who were building a home across the street. He likely set off the smoke bombs in the home that was being built, which is why is cell phone was inexplicably found there during an investigation that was set off BEFORE he disappeared. He very likely destroyed his living room in a rage when he realized he left his phone there, or he staged a break-in, in order to explain why his phone was “missing”. Then he emailed his boss or security team, likely both, saying he had his phone and briefcase stolen. This all probably triggered a manic episode.

Now admittedly, I don’t know how he ended up beaten and dead with his Rolex and West Point ring on, but I believe he was deceptive, and his family understands that.

by Anonymousreply 35October 22, 2020 6:06 AM

The tsunami episode reminded me of how horrific that natural disaster was. I don't think there's ever been a natural disaster with more well-documented footage of mother nature's fury and destruction.

by Anonymousreply 36October 22, 2020 6:53 AM

They should do an episode about the 9/11 ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 37October 22, 2020 6:57 AM

There's absolutely no way that someone among Lester Eubanks' family doesn't know where he currently is. I'm reminded of a couple of fugitives, featured separately in classic UM's early seasons, who had been hidden away by their wives while on the run until their deaths. In both cases the wives buried the fugitives' bodies in their backyards, while the authorities continued looking for them. One of them was on the FBI's 10 most wanted list for over a quarter century (and he was dead for more than 10 years when they finally took him off).

Pretty cool of UM to reference America's Most Wanted in the Eubanks episode. Classic UM would *never* do that, since it was a rival show on a rival network.

The only way the JoAnn Romain suicide theory pans out is if she entered the water near her church, and based on where her body was found, it's pretty clear that wasn't the case.

The NYC missing toddler case referenced both Carlina White and Christopher Abeyta - both were in a roll call of missing babies in a Season 1 episode of classic UM. Unfortunately, I just read that both of Christopher's parents have passed away.

by Anonymousreply 38October 22, 2020 2:58 PM

[quote] he bruises probably came from.....getting crushed in a dumpster

The coroner would know what bruises are caused by a beating vs a dumpster crushing.

by Anonymousreply 39October 22, 2020 3:34 PM

I loved seeing the Treo phone in the first episode (it was apparently left when the guy set off smoke bomb across the street).

I had one of those (It was pre iphone) and loved it!

by Anonymousreply 40October 22, 2020 3:35 PM

I still haven't woken up from the hebetude the first season gave me. Dead boring.

by Anonymousreply 41October 22, 2020 3:45 PM

I can't endorse this reboot. I was a big fan of the original but these episodes are soooo dragged out. They really cry out for a narrator to move the story along. Some of the episodes could really be just as good as a 15 minute segment on the original series rather than 50 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 42October 22, 2020 3:54 PM

Was stealing toddlers a big thing in the '80s? My own older sister says she caught me before I went walking out of a grocery store holding a strange woman's hand in '86.

by Anonymousreply 43October 22, 2020 3:54 PM

"The coroner would know what bruises are caused by a beating vs a dumpster crushing."

Not necessarily

by Anonymousreply 44October 22, 2020 4:50 PM

The front desk was able to provide information like she might be with a man and had a German accent but not how she got the room without ID and payment?? Do they think we are dumb or something?

by Anonymousreply 45October 22, 2020 5:12 PM

r45, I worked in bar and we were supposed to card people but I can tell you there were employees who didn't always do that. Not everything is a conspiracy

by Anonymousreply 46October 22, 2020 5:18 PM

R44, yes, it's their job. They have seen thousands of beaten bodies. They know what a beating vs a crushing looks like.

by Anonymousreply 47October 22, 2020 5:23 PM

r47, how many cases do they see of people being crushed in a dumpster? Not too many, I'd assume. It's also possible that he had injured himself breaking into the neighboring house, or throwing shit around his own house, and some bruises were from that

by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2020 5:31 PM

R46 This is something else. She didint pay. Once she went taking all her stuff, maids cleaned up the room and no one reacted that she could have escaped? When she came back , stuff didnt ask about anything?

by Anonymousreply 49October 22, 2020 5:42 PM

It’s going to be a podcast too, but what is this cadence13 they keep throwing around like one would know what that means?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 22, 2020 5:46 PM

I loved the Oslo one. Anything East German is fascinating!

by Anonymousreply 51October 22, 2020 8:05 PM

There is much more to the oslo case. There were shoes which dissapeard from her room(maybe she dumped them w hen she was out, but why?) In the room there was a newpaper with plastic bag adressed to the room down hall

by Anonymousreply 52October 22, 2020 8:16 PM

Second, There were two gun shots, one into the pillow.

by Anonymousreply 53October 22, 2020 8:19 PM

[quote] how many cases do they see of people being crushed in a dumpster? Not too many, I'd assume. It's also possible that he had injured himself breaking into the neighboring house, or throwing shit around his own house, and some bruises were from that

Or he could have been beaten up and killed for some reason and then dumped into the trash bin

by Anonymousreply 54October 22, 2020 9:00 PM

[quote] how many cases do they see of people being crushed in a dumpster? Not too many, I'd assume.

Someone being crushed would not have the exact injuries as someone being beaten up.

Medical examiners aren't stupid. They know the difference.

by Anonymousreply 55October 22, 2020 9:01 PM

The Oslo one does seem like a spy hit of some sort.

by Anonymousreply 56October 22, 2020 9:02 PM

This show is the first time I've learned about people sleeping in dumpsters and getting crushed to death by garbage trucks. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 57October 22, 2020 9:02 PM

R55, medical examiners make mistakes all the time, actually

There would be no reason for a random killer to dispose of the body (which would have been heavy - he was not a skinny man). The fact that his rolex wasn't taken rules out any kind of a robbery as well

A targeted hit makes no sense. Hired killers shoot people, they don't usually beat them. His movements that night were random and could not have been known in advance

by Anonymousreply 58October 22, 2020 9:07 PM

There was a guy in uk, who was lost but they found out that he got crushed by garbage trucks. They have never found him

by Anonymousreply 59October 22, 2020 9:08 PM

I think Wheeler had early dementia as well as bipolar disorder. I think he received a concussion of some sort setting off the smoke bombs & the combination of concussion, bipolar illness, dementia & possibly alcohol or drugs made him very confused. I think it’s possible he was hit by a car - not head on, but sort of glanced at slow speed. He might’ve wandered into the street and been hit by a car, got up and walked off, then crawled into the dumpster & laid down when his injuries began to hurt. You can be badly hurt & not feel it at first, especially if your adrenaline was pumping. I think he was disoriented & imagined he was being followed.

by Anonymousreply 60October 23, 2020 1:29 AM

[Quote] medical examiners make mistakes all the time, actually

But you know better? Sure, I’ll take your word for it

by Anonymousreply 61October 23, 2020 3:39 AM

r61, better my word than yours

by Anonymousreply 62October 23, 2020 3:50 AM

Some people want to believe every mysterious death is a murder. If the M.E. had said it was an accident you wouldn't be saying we should listen to him, you'd say there was some sort of conspiracy to cover up the murder. Accidents are more common than murder, but some people want to believe otherwise

by Anonymousreply 63October 23, 2020 4:22 AM

[quote]R8 Women who suicide almost always favor pills, it's very unusual for a woman to kill herself through methods that would be painful/violent like drowning, hanging or gunshot.

I don’t think it’s about avoiding pain or violence - it’s more that from childhood on women have emphasis placed on their looks. So they are reluctant to disfigure themselves. It’s deeply ingrained.

Men might not care about lying in a casket with half their face blown away... but most women do.

by Anonymousreply 64October 23, 2020 4:25 AM

The fat lady was killed by her cop cousin. Her local cops are covering for the killer.

by Anonymousreply 65October 23, 2020 5:50 AM

Maybe the frau was forced into the water at gunpoint.

by Anonymousreply 66October 23, 2020 5:55 AM

R62, not my word, the coroner's word

It wouldn't be much of a mystery if the bruises were consistent with being crushed by a garbage truck,

by Anonymousreply 67October 23, 2020 1:29 PM

How did Wheeler get from the parking lot all the way to the city were he was in a garbage dumpster?

by Anonymousreply 68October 23, 2020 1:30 PM

He asked for a ride in the drugstore to pick up his car, remember? Who dies that? He may have wandered into another drugstore or a bar or whatever & asked for a ride.

He didn’t look too steady when he was in that drugstore. His wife didn’t comment in that videotape. He looked messy & was limping (he still had both shoes on, though). Maybe he had a few drinks, set off the smoke bombs, got a concussion and went full lulu.

by Anonymousreply 69October 23, 2020 4:27 PM

Maybe Ted Cruz the Zodiac killed him?😂 He was a Republican insider, after all, with insider secrets.

by Anonymousreply 70October 23, 2020 4:35 PM

Did they say what type of smoke bomb he set off? The guy was spook. He could’ve made a white phosphorous smoke bomb & fouled up. I think something happened when he set off those smoke bombs because he left his cellphone behind. What kind of spook drops his cellphone & doesn’t realize it until it’s too late to go back & get it?

by Anonymousreply 71October 23, 2020 4:37 PM

Watched the Jack Wheeler episode last night. I don't know if it's just me, but in all of that security footage of him hobbling around downtown Wilmington, he looks confused, disheveled, and lost—not like he's intentionally trying to flee or hide, but like he doesn't know where he's going or what he's doing.

It was mentioned by several people in the episode (his wife, the journalist, etc.) that he would "lose" his car frequently and end up having to take taxis home because he couldn't remember where he'd parked. This was brought up very casually and was simply chalked it up to "he's a busy guy!, He can't remember things because he's too preoccupied with his brilliant career!"—but that kind of behavior indicates something akin to Alzheimer's or dementia IMO. My great-aunt had Alzheimer's and this type of behavior was one of the early indicators—constantly losing her purse, car keys, not remembering what she was doing or about to do.

by Anonymousreply 72October 23, 2020 4:48 PM

What did we think of the Tsunami ghosts?

by Anonymousreply 73October 23, 2020 4:53 PM

"The fat lady was killed by her cop cousin. Her local cops are covering for the killer."

He had no reason to kill her. Her family is in denial that she committed suicide. That's why their bullshit lawsuit was dismissed. Not everything is a conspiracy

by Anonymousreply 74October 23, 2020 5:09 PM

R74 part of me wonders if her death was a simple accident, a theory I don't recall there being much time dedicated to (if at all?) in the episode. She may have walked across the street to the lakeshore (which is literally right off the sidewalk) for a moment—possibly just to look at the water, reflect, whatever—and she slipped, fell below the embankment (out of street view), and slid into the water. It could've happened in a matter of seconds, and nobody would have seen anything. If she happened to hit her head on the way down, she could've lost consciousness and would have drowned quickly.

by Anonymousreply 75October 23, 2020 5:16 PM

So what about removed car and a bag in the car?

by Anonymousreply 76October 23, 2020 5:18 PM

From Reddit- So much was left out of this episode (cross posted to the Joann Romain subreddit)

Our show covered this case last month and we were very surprised at some of the things that were not included in the episode.

I’m sure there are reasons why some things were left out, but unlike Lena Chapins case, omitting them changed the framing of the episode a bit for us.

Some of the things left out as per our interview with Michelle and Kellie Romain.

-Joann told not only Michelle, but everyone that would listen that she was scared of Tim and that he had allegedly said he could “make her disappear” She even went so far as to tell her paralegal. Making it sound like it was only Michelle could lead someone to believe that the family made it up after the fact.

-There were 2 additional witnesses that night that that were not included in her file. The first was a woman who said she seen an underdressed man in a black scarf on the embankment that night. A black scarf was discovered at the scene and the scarf was accidentally donated to Purple Heart. How? We have no idea. The second was a man named Paul Hawk who described the Lexus Joann was driving and another car as being parked in the middle of the road. He sat down with a sketch artist and testified that he had seen Tim. The police said he wasn’t credible and was just trying to be a part of the action, but he volunteered to take a polygraph in effort to prove himself truthful. (Note: Tim has an alibi, but the family are alleging police misconduct/conspiracy so that’s why this is relevant)

I don’t know if this was mentioned, but the car was not registered to Joann. It was registered to Michelle. According to coast guard records secured by the family and validated by the Detroit free press- the call was placed to search for Joann before a plate was ever run through the system. There was no reason to believe Joann had anything to do with the car, so why did the police come to the house asking if Joann was missing?

-Joann was terrified of both the dark and water.

There are a bunch more details both small and large that weren’t included. An investigative journalist that typically covers organized crime in the Detroit area (Scott M Burnstein) is releasing a 3 part series of things he has uncovered so far over the course of the next few weeks. We really hope this family gets answers.

by Anonymousreply 77October 23, 2020 5:24 PM

The brother and cousin are both involved. There was a fight over inheritance which Joann received. Her brother needed the money to pay his gambling debts and got his cousin Tim to lean on Joann.

by Anonymousreply 78October 23, 2020 5:28 PM

[quote] He asked for a ride in the drugstore to pick up his car, remember?

No, the drug store moment got him from his town to the parking lot, where he couldn't find his car. It's still a mystery how he got from the parking lot town (after staying a few days in the basement of an office building) to the place where his body was in a dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 79October 23, 2020 5:34 PM

I agree with the above poster that so far most of these mysteries aren't very compelling and could've been done in 20 minute segments like the old show used to do.

Hopefully the next batch of mysteries in season 2 will be better.

by Anonymousreply 80October 23, 2020 5:38 PM

No way, r74. Fat ass floats 35 miles away? No way. Someone would have seen the body. Especially in swallow water. Plus, in those shoes which were still on her feet walking down to the edge of the water? Fat asses don't take their shoes off and then put them back on to walk across the street. The effort is to much. No way. She was killed by an officer and the cops are covering.

by Anonymousreply 81October 23, 2020 5:57 PM

"Fat ass floats 35 miles away?"

Someone picks up a 200 pound woman and dumps her in the water? Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 82October 23, 2020 6:00 PM

That lake is shallow and there's no current. If she drowned, her body would've been floating practically where she went in. It never would've traveled one mile, let alone 35 miles. It was the sleazy cop cousin, or somebody he hired.

by Anonymousreply 83October 23, 2020 6:02 PM

But her fat ass had to be in the water anyway, 35 miles away. How long? nobody noticed?

by Anonymousreply 84October 23, 2020 6:05 PM

[Quote] Someone picks up a 200 pound woman and dumps her in the water?

People not person.

by Anonymousreply 85October 23, 2020 6:11 PM

You can't even link one person to her murder, now it's a whole cabal?

by Anonymousreply 86October 23, 2020 6:14 PM

R86 Tim, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 87October 23, 2020 6:20 PM

[quote] No, the drug store moment got him from his town to the parking lot, where he couldn't find his car. It's still a mystery how he got from the parking lot town (after staying a few days in the basement of an office building) to the place where his body was in a dumpster.

Go back & read again.

Poster says he asked for a ride in the pharmacy & someone gave it to him. Poster goes on to say if he asked for ride in pharmacy, what’s to stop him for asking for a ride later on? If he was deluded that someone was following him (detectives said he looked as if he were glancing around to see if he was being followed in the garage) he may have gone into another place later that night & asked for a ride to get away from whoever he thought was following him. It’s a possible way he got to the town where he was found.

Something they didn’t talk about in the episode - aside from his obsession with the house across the street - is that he had a history of doing bizarre things. When his death happened I remember reading an article from a journalist who knew him. Without saying it, it was obvious the journalist had also been an intelligence agent as well. He said he’d received bizarre emails from Jack & talked to mutual friends who’d also received bizarre & sometimes angry communications from him. At the time of Wheeler’s death, nobody mentioned bipolar disorder.

His wife didn’t seem wrapped too tightly. Intelligence agencies often hire people with strange personalities/eccentricities so that if they go off the reservation & start talking about being with the CIA, nobody will believe them.

by Anonymousreply 88October 23, 2020 7:37 PM

I didn’t bother watching the tsunami stories. Who cares if some suggestible, grief stricken people believe the ghost of their loved ones are hanging around? 15,000 people died. If there were ghosts hanging around, there would be 15,000 ghosts visiting people all the time in the prefecture. Let them believe their little ghost stories.

by Anonymousreply 89October 23, 2020 7:42 PM

Wheeler had heart attack, but it was not cause o f death.

by Anonymousreply 90October 23, 2020 8:30 PM

That woman supposedly left butt prints in the snow going down to the semi-frozen lake.

I'm like a sniffer dog and could have told them immediately if it was man ass.

I'll never understand why they don't just call me. It'd save them a lot of time.

by Anonymousreply 91October 23, 2020 9:22 PM

Was that big, black, ruffly purse her snack-bag?

by Anonymousreply 92October 23, 2020 11:37 PM

Oslo case had many strange facts. The moment the guard knocked the door was the exact moment she shot herself or has been shot? After he heared the shot, he went to hide for a moment behind a door and then decided to go down for help and it took him 15 minutes to come back? Three days and nobody asked her to provide an ID, a passport or a credit card in the best hotel in Oslo as it was described? No cameras in the hallways even in 1995? No lower body clothes?

by Anonymousreply 93October 23, 2020 11:50 PM

I think it was a sign

by Anonymousreply 94October 24, 2020 12:49 AM

I just watched all the new episodes tonight. Meh. They just weren't as good as the first season, and so overly long, they are tedious. As someone up thread said, there should be 3 cases per hour episode.

by Anonymousreply 95October 24, 2020 4:30 AM

I was underwhelmed with the tsunami ghosts. The original series did the best - and creepiest - ghost segments.

by Anonymousreply 96October 24, 2020 4:41 AM

This was part two of the first season and not the second season wasn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 97October 24, 2020 4:46 AM

R97, yes. Volume 2 of season 1.

by Anonymousreply 98October 24, 2020 6:37 AM

I hope next season has better mysteries.

by Anonymousreply 99October 24, 2020 7:23 AM

This is all season 1 split into 2 parts.

They just announced that an official weekly podcast is coming.

by Anonymousreply 100October 24, 2020 7:49 AM

That ugly black ruffled purse that JoAnn owned was a designer purse? No way she could walk down that icy embankment with heels on at her size and not trip. If she had and fallen into the water and died, she would've a ton of broken bones and more than just a few bruises on one of her arms.

Also Wheeler's wife had terrible plastic surgery. She looks like she has Glasgow Smile scars on her face. Pretty sure her husband had dementia.

by Anonymousreply 101October 24, 2020 9:49 AM

Joann didn't walk down the embankment. She slid on her butt.

by Anonymousreply 102October 24, 2020 10:03 AM

Seriously, why haven’t we heard from the priest at the Grosse Pointe Church, why wasn’t he a suspect and might she be having an affair with him? Who goes to church that late on a weekday?

by Anonymousreply 103October 24, 2020 3:16 PM

Season 1 was so much better. I liked only one or two episodes from this one.

by Anonymousreply 104October 24, 2020 3:47 PM

[quote]Who goes to church that late on a weekday?

Catholics go to church on weeknights. Or so I understand.

by Anonymousreply 105October 24, 2020 3:54 PM

"Who goes to church that late on a weekday?"

The chruch was holding services, so.....apparently a lot of people

by Anonymousreply 106October 24, 2020 4:30 PM

"Who goes to church that late on a weekday?"

I do! I do! All the time!

by Anonymousreply 107October 25, 2020 12:46 AM

That daughter was really trying to play up her family’s wealth. She was almost obnoxious. We all know you’re white trash, honey.

by Anonymousreply 108October 25, 2020 1:09 AM

[quote] Season 1 was so much better.

This is still season 1, dear. They split it into two volumes.

by Anonymousreply 109October 25, 2020 1:10 AM

Volumes just doesn’t sound right for this, is it standard terminology for split season? I recall parts, but don’t think I’ve heard volume.

by Anonymousreply 110October 25, 2020 1:20 AM

R109, my bad. The second volume isn't nearly as good as the first. Way less invovling.

by Anonymousreply 111October 25, 2020 2:13 AM

I had no idea that dumpsters have sliding access doors on the side. I dont think we have this where I live. Is it specifically for homeless people? So weird.

by Anonymousreply 112October 25, 2020 5:01 AM

I don't think Wheeler's death was any grand conspiracy. He was bipolar and also possibly suffering from dementia and was killed by some random lowlife.

by Anonymousreply 113October 25, 2020 5:05 AM

R113 I agree. His mental illness probably set off some random tweeker and they beat him ip and stuffed him in the dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 114October 25, 2020 5:14 AM

I think so, r114. He was in a SHIT part of Newark (is any part of Newark not shit?) late at night and if you do that you basically have a target on your back.

by Anonymousreply 115October 25, 2020 5:16 AM

The only interesting one was the Oslo one. Wheeler clearly had some issues other than bipolar going on and tbh I don't really care about the death of some fat religious cunt. As for ghosts, I would watch the Travel Channel if I was into that shit.

by Anonymousreply 116October 25, 2020 5:34 AM

[quote]Volumes just doesn’t sound right for this, is it standard terminology for split season?

For Netflix it is. They wanted something for Halloween. The first season order was for 12 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 117October 25, 2020 6:04 AM

News regarding official podcast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118October 25, 2020 6:05 AM

[quote]As for ghosts, I would watch the Travel Channel if I was into that shit.

Ghost stories were a staple of the original show.

by Anonymousreply 119October 25, 2020 6:22 AM

Copied over from another thread (as this one seems active):

I watched a couple of the new episodes tonight.

I started with the woman who died in a hotel in Oslo. I thought it sounded like another Isdal Woman story, actually, it wasn't that interesting. It felt like it would've been a better story in the old format, where they could devote just 15 minutes to it. Here they seemed to be stretching it out.

Then I saw the missing Harlem children. Broke my heart. I knew this story vaguely already, but reading it online isn't the same as seeing the mothers falling to pieces on TV. This really is horrific, and I just hope that maybe one day they will find that they are still alive and have come looking for their real mothers after being given to other families, just like that one girl who was stolen from the hospital.

I was never callous before, but now that I have two nephews around the ages of those children, I feel like I get more emotional about stuff like this.

by Anonymousreply 120October 25, 2020 6:42 AM

{quote]Ghost stories were a staple of the original show.

I'm not American so I never saw the original

by Anonymousreply 121October 25, 2020 9:21 AM

I agree with whoever said that the Grosse Point skinny daughter is boinking the investigator. You can tell from their body language that they've had El Sexo.

by Anonymousreply 122October 25, 2020 4:52 PM

I agree, R93. The behavior of security was odd. Didn't they have walkie-talkies in '95?

I think she was an agent, but the problem with that is that even if the intelligence service paid off her family, they can't pay off every person who was at school with her, saw her in a bar, cut her hair, etc. Was a real search ever done at the time? Don't think so. So maybe that means the intell. agency told the cops to just cool it and then a year later, throw everything away.

by Anonymousreply 123October 25, 2020 5:51 PM

Uh, spies don't have to cut off contacts with their family, friends, etc to be spies

Why does anyone think she was a spy? This guy killed himself while living under an assumed identity. Everyone thought he was some sort of super spy or a master criminal but he just turned out to be a mentally ill loner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 25, 2020 6:03 PM

It's more fun to assume shes a spy than just a sad woman with no spare trousers.

by Anonymousreply 125October 25, 2020 11:30 PM

Its weird the Oslo woman had no pants too. To me it seems she threw some stuff in a suitcase but didnt care what. And she only had that Robert Palmer chick outfit for bottoms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 26, 2020 12:36 AM

Damn you R20! I just spit coffee all over my computer screen!

by Anonymousreply 127October 27, 2020 2:49 AM

It has to be rough to have a hot sibling and you're........not hot at all.

by Anonymousreply 128October 27, 2020 2:53 AM

The church frau looks like Mama Bazoom from Showgirls.

by Anonymousreply 129October 27, 2020 2:56 AM

That purse was ugly.

by Anonymousreply 130October 27, 2020 2:58 AM

I found it odd that they did not mention the Isdal Woman case as it is very similar to the Oslo story. Both women were from Germany, found dead in Norway, identity still unknown - very strange.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131October 27, 2020 5:51 PM

Yep. And she is linked to Germany and she was found in Norway.

UM took most of their Oslo footage from this documentary which is a million times better. They left so many things out. There was a bottle of men’s perfume in the room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132October 27, 2020 6:10 PM

Wheeler’s wife looked to me like she’d had fat grafts to her face, which people get when they’ve had head & neck cancer. They remove cancer and skin, then put tissue expanders under the sewn up skin that look like golf balls. The tissue expander stretches the skin so that it replaces the skin that they had to remove. Then they put grafts & sometimes prosthetics under the new skin. John McCain had it done for his skin cancer.

Head & neck cancer is more involved than just skin cancer, involving structures like the jaw, tongue, nose, sinuses, ear.

by Anonymousreply 133October 27, 2020 7:08 PM

Wheeler's wife is a dead ringer for Kate McKinnon. I kept thinking I was watching an SNL skit where does an offbeat character very similar to all the other characters she does.

by Anonymousreply 134October 27, 2020 7:17 PM

[quote] I think she was an agent, but the problem with that is that even if the intelligence service paid off her family, they can't pay off every person who was at school with her, saw her in a bar, cut her hair, etc.

What are you talking about? The intelligence service contacts the family, gives them a medal & tells them their daughter died a hero in a small plane crash in the mountains of Bolivia or a car accident in Malaysia while working undercover & the body couldn’t be returned. They give them a tidy sum of money & tell them to announce their daughter disappeared on a hike while visiting mountains in another Iron Curtain country or died in a car crash in the USSR while working for the govt of East Germany & needs a closed casket funeral. Have a memorial service.

It’s east Germany, their neighbors aren’t going to investigate her parents’ story.

by Anonymousreply 135October 27, 2020 7:57 PM

R135 thinks real life is a James Bond movie.

by Anonymousreply 136October 27, 2020 8:21 PM

If they still have samples of the woman's DNA, they could find her identity through a genetic genealogy test.

by Anonymousreply 137October 27, 2020 8:55 PM

R8 We had a woman commit suicide by drowning here in Norway not too long ago. She took her two children with her. They died too. If I'm not mistaken she was an immigrant and refugee, who had been through a lot. She probably still had a lot of trauma. She drowned herself and her children in icy cold waters in the north of Norway.

by Anonymousreply 138November 1, 2020 8:01 AM

I just watched volume 1. I agree with everyone who said the cases in volume 1 were more interesting than volume 2. Also, Rey was hot af.

by Anonymousreply 139November 1, 2020 2:13 PM

R139, agree, Rey was so fucking hot. His wife looked way older than him.

by Anonymousreply 140November 1, 2020 3:35 PM

I don’t think Germans are a cuckoo as Americans are about where they came from. Most came from Germany.

by Anonymousreply 141November 1, 2020 3:40 PM

And way more masculine.

by Anonymousreply 142November 1, 2020 3:40 PM

So they’re not obsessed with testing their DNA

by Anonymousreply 143November 1, 2020 3:40 PM

Fat frau left her snackpurse in the Lexus. No way she left that car willingly.

by Anonymousreply 144November 7, 2020 11:49 PM

No one cared enough about her to want her dead. Her kids made up all the shit about there being a super secret murder plot against her because they can't cope with the idea that she committed suicide

by Anonymousreply 145November 7, 2020 11:53 PM

That lake was shallow and had no current. If she'd jumped in that lake and drowned, her body would've been found immediately.

by Anonymousreply 146November 8, 2020 12:11 AM

Not snacking but drowning.

by Anonymousreply 147November 8, 2020 12:44 AM

I really think the frau was murdered. Money and bad blood were involved and someone like her wouldn't commit suicide in that manner. Freezing cold lake? Come on. Also she told a lot of people that if something happened to her it was the cousin. Or brother or whoever. Then she turns up dead.

by Anonymousreply 148November 10, 2020 2:06 PM

There was no money or bad blood. Her kids trashed other members of their family to make it look like she was murdered. She was showing signs of mental illness, which was left out to make it look like she couldn't have committed suicide (same with Rey Rivera)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 10, 2020 4:29 PM

R149, can you copy and paste where it says that? It’s too damn long.

by Anonymousreply 150November 10, 2020 5:08 PM

[quote] I don’t think Germans are a cuckoo as Americans are about where they came from. Most came from Germany.

Honey, their families are Nazis. They are in fact cuckoo.

by Anonymousreply 151November 10, 2020 5:10 PM

The fact of the matter she may have relatives who live in the US. They can narrow it down big time with DNA.

by Anonymousreply 152November 10, 2020 5:10 PM

Who cares about the spy woman? She’s was a spy, it’s dangerous work. Her family was probably notified that she died in the service of her country and told her body couldn’t be recovered. Maybe she didn’t have family.

by Anonymousreply 153November 11, 2020 12:53 AM

R153 = drunk Russia lady.

by Anonymousreply 154November 11, 2020 1:13 AM

She wasn't a spy. You don't know how spies actually operate

by Anonymousreply 155November 11, 2020 3:12 AM

She was a scamp, a camp and a bit of tramp, she was a V-A-M-P, vamp".

by Anonymousreply 156November 11, 2020 3:22 AM

I just finished volume 1 and omg... the French mass murderer who took out his own family. What a tragedy. Not to mention creepy as fuck. Do you think he is hiding somewhere? Will he ever get caught, or did he already commit suicide?

by Anonymousreply 157November 13, 2020 1:20 PM

R157, that case creeped me out the most. Truly sadistic, cold, sociopathic behavior. That man is fucking shit.

by Anonymousreply 158November 13, 2020 11:43 PM

Me too - I really hope they find him someday.

by Anonymousreply 159November 14, 2020 1:14 AM

He was a monster.

by Anonymousreply 160November 14, 2020 1:16 AM

I laugh at you idiots who think a lake doesnt have currents.

by Anonymousreply 161November 14, 2020 1:34 AM

The lake didn't have a current strong enough to carry a body very far, they started searching for her very soon after she was last seen.

by Anonymousreply 162November 14, 2020 1:56 AM

^^Plus, she was a big 'ol gal. Roomy in the hips.

by Anonymousreply 163November 14, 2020 2:00 AM

maybe they didnt see her, she was dressed all black, she had dark hair

by Anonymousreply 164November 14, 2020 2:37 PM

I also thought Jack had dementia judging by the video tapes.

by Anonymousreply 165December 2, 2020 6:06 AM

Is anybody listening to the podcast? Any good?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 15, 2021 11:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!