Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pelosi: "Tomorrow We Are Going to Be Talking about the 25th Amendment."

Taking a stand against insanity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252November 21, 2020 6:49 AM

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2020 3:44 PM

Larry Kudlow (I know, I know) responded to the VP debate saying Pence will "make a fine President."

They're talking about it now.

by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2020 3:45 PM

Where is her quote?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2020 3:53 PM

What could this mean?!

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2020 3:54 PM

Do you have a link, r2?

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2020 3:55 PM

I wish I believed this would go somewhere...

by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2020 4:07 PM

It's simply normalizing the incapacitation of a drugged-up, already erratic president—as it should be.

by Anonymousreply 7October 8, 2020 4:08 PM

Probably this part (quote from Wikipedia). However, as Pence would have to initiate it and other republicans would have to agree, it won't happen because they have no spine. Unless, he truly is very ill and incapacitated.

[quote]Section 4 addresses the case of an incapacitated president who is unable or unwilling to execute the voluntary declaration contemplated in Section 3; it is the amendment's only section that has never been invoked. It allows the vice president, together with a "majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide", to declare the president "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office" in a written declaration. The transfer of authority to the vice president is immediate, and (as with Section 3) the vice president becomes acting president – not president – while the president remains in office, albeit divested of all authority.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 8, 2020 4:09 PM

[quote] Unless, he truly is very ill and incapacitated.

Even then they'd delay.

by Anonymousreply 9October 8, 2020 4:13 PM

Well, we *talk* about it every day. We’ve *talked* about it constantly since 2016.

by Anonymousreply 10October 8, 2020 4:14 PM

I've looked and can't find anything about this (or a thread) so apologies if it's on here somewhere - but what the hell happened when Trump was interviewed this morning that makes this guy think the 25th amendment may be invoked?

Ron Shillman @shillman1 · 57m Replying to @mkraju Normally, I think the 25th Amendment talk is an over exaggeration. After this morning's interview with @MariaBartiromo , I don't think it is anymore.

by Anonymousreply 11October 8, 2020 4:25 PM

A few highlights from Trump's very sane interview with Bartiromo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 8, 2020 4:36 PM

JohnnyRocket @Snakebit08 42m Replying to @mkraju

Word on the street: Affidavits from WH staff documenting Trumps testing history. Never underestimate Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 13October 8, 2020 4:37 PM

Get ‘em, girl!!

by Anonymousreply 14October 8, 2020 4:39 PM

Jake Sherman @JakeSherman · 1h >@mkraju just asked pelosi if it was time to invoke the 25th amendment

@SpeakerPelosi said she’ll talk about that tomorrow

Stay tuned, i guess?

by Anonymousreply 15October 8, 2020 5:00 PM

“I think the public deserves to know the health condition of the President,” Pelosi says, demanding to know when his last negative test was to scrutinize the actions after the fact

by Anonymousreply 16October 8, 2020 5:01 PM

They won't invoke the 25th. They'd actually need Pence to head up that effort. But I think she mentioned it to the press corps to apply pressure to Trump. She wants something from him and this is how she's going about getting it.

by Anonymousreply 17October 8, 2020 5:24 PM

"His disassociation from reality would be funny if it weren't so deadly."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 8, 2020 7:34 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 8, 2020 7:51 PM

[quote]It allows the vice president, together with a "majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide", to declare the president "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office" in a written declaration.

I really don't want to think about any of Trump's "discharges".

by Anonymousreply 20October 8, 2020 7:51 PM

I'm not sure I would choose to talk about someone else's mental health while speaking through a facemask covered with oranges.

by Anonymousreply 21October 8, 2020 7:53 PM

I’m not sure I would cast aspersions on people wearing masks when the targets of their remarks are people who REFUSE to wear masks.

by Anonymousreply 22October 8, 2020 8:01 PM

How could Trump retaliate against Pence or other repubs who might join in the effort t remove him? Could Trump drop him from the ticket without the approval of the rest of the party?

by Anonymousreply 23October 8, 2020 8:05 PM

Pelosi, Raskin to hold press conference on introduction of legislation to establish a commission on presidential capacity

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 8, 2020 8:06 PM

Nice to see the Democrats seizing control of the narrative for a change.

Are they kicking Trump while he's down? Yes.

Is that a good thing to do? ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY.

by Anonymousreply 25October 8, 2020 8:52 PM

Now that we've figured out which of the presidential candidates is actually on drugs and refusing to show up for a debate, I hope Nancy does everything she can to get under his thin skin.

by Anonymousreply 26October 8, 2020 8:56 PM

Could the plot to kidnap Gov. Whitmer be the catalyst for all this?

by Anonymousreply 27October 8, 2020 9:03 PM

The "Commission on Presidential Capacity". I think that has a lovely ring to it, don't you?

Pence cancelled travel plans tomorrow, which could either involve *his* health or *Donald's*...

by Anonymousreply 28October 8, 2020 9:21 PM

I’m glad for the 1st and 2nd amendment! Law and order only applies to people like me! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 29October 8, 2020 9:25 PM

[quote]But I think she mentioned it to the press corps to apply pressure to Trump. She wants something from him and this is how she's going about getting it.

It might be an attempt to delay Amy Coney Barrett's confirmation. Put the focus on Trump's sanity at the worst possible time.

by Anonymousreply 30October 8, 2020 9:36 PM

She definitely needs to keep poking Trump like this - he's going to have a meltdown!

by Anonymousreply 31October 8, 2020 9:37 PM

Nancy's got one of the few pussies that Trump will never be able to grab. And it drives him crazy. She needs to wear the necklace with the two tiny orange balls again.

And the face mask with the oranges is strategic, to troll Orange Fuhrer.

by Anonymousreply 32October 8, 2020 9:41 PM

He appears, at least to me, to have had only a tenuous relationship with reality for most of his life, but the powerful steroids he's taking do have a record of bringing on totally hallucinatory fits. The wife of a friend of mine on them when her lungs were failing ran out of the house whilst starkers screaming that her devoted, heartbroken husband was trying to kill her.

But his recent rants are several levels up from his usual immature narcissism. Were I a Republican, looking at the polls and knowing this round is lost anyway, I would be thanking God on bended knee for an Out that gets rid of him and gives the party several years in which to reconstruct itself so that the country can move back toward the centre. It's late in the day for that, of course, but Trump may just have handed his party what it desperately needs: to get away from him.

The question is can the Democrats get the commission formed - for which they need the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 33October 8, 2020 9:42 PM

[quote]It might be an attempt to delay Amy Coney Barrett's confirmation. Put the focus on Trump's sanity at the worst possible time.

I think it’s this. She doesn’t want him actually removed from office now...because it’s a site thing that the Republicans will lose with Trump on the ticket. She wants to block that Supreme Court seat from getting filled.

by Anonymousreply 34October 8, 2020 9:44 PM

McTurtle has definitively said that the ONLY business the Senate would take up was the Xtian Cunt's SCOTUS nomination. This commission is dead in the water, but it's a good attempt on behalf of Nancy to slow things down and make the orange ape even crazier.

by Anonymousreply 35October 8, 2020 9:46 PM

Pence is in Arizona today, but canceled his appearances in Indiana tomorrow. He's going back to DC.

by Anonymousreply 36October 8, 2020 9:51 PM

He's been saying crazy shit since his first campaign. He still sounds the same.

by Anonymousreply 37October 8, 2020 9:53 PM

Pence has canceled a scheduled appearance tomorrow and will go back to Washington tonight.....

by Anonymousreply 38October 8, 2020 9:54 PM

She will be president for life after this. The election is just a smokescreen.

by Anonymousreply 39October 8, 2020 9:54 PM

Nancy said once she was successful as a Speaker because “I can count.” In other words, she never brings anything to the floor unless she has the votes to pass it.

Nancy is not making a speech tomorrow that’s not going anywhere. The 25th amendment says you can create a body to decide whether a President impaired. Sounds like that’s what’s she’s doing.

If she forms a body, my guess is they’ll ask for Trump’s medical records. And if they can get them, he’s going to have to hand over the reins to Pence. Remember, that scientist Covid expert just resigned last night or today. Maybe he’s going to testify that Trump is out of control.

If McConnell is refusing to meet about anything but ACB, maybe he will have no choice but to shut down the Senate to avoid working with Nancy or her committee.

by Anonymousreply 40October 8, 2020 9:55 PM

The general impression I’m getting isn’t just that Trump is acting manic because he’s taking drugs. The impression I’m getting is Trump is afraid to sign over the Presidency to Pence because he’s afraid of what people will find out when he’s gone. It’s like the employee that never goes on vacation because they’re embezzling and they’re afraid they’ll get caught if they’re gone.

Could he be served by NYS if he’s not acting President? Is his immunity withdrawn? Could he be unable to shield his kids?

by Anonymousreply 41October 8, 2020 10:00 PM

Mike Pence will not live to take the oath of office.

by Anonymousreply 42October 8, 2020 10:03 PM

President Pelosi!

by Anonymousreply 43October 8, 2020 10:07 PM

[quote] It’s like the employee that never goes on vacation because they’re embezzling and they’re afraid they’ll get caught if they’re gone.

You seem to have intimate knowledge of this "employee" r41.

by Anonymousreply 44October 8, 2020 10:09 PM

What about all of the idiots here who KEEP repeating:

"Trump never wanted to be President anyway!"

"Trump doesn't want a second term. He never expected a first term!"

"Trump couldn't believe he won! He never wanted to win!"

Fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 45October 8, 2020 10:19 PM

Expert trolling, she's really gotten under his skin. DJT retweeted this crap from Rep. Mark Green:

[quote]I wouldn’t put it past @ SpeakerPelos to stage a coup.

[quote]She has already weaponized impeachment, what’s to keep her from weaponizing the 25th amendment?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 8, 2020 10:27 PM

[quote]Expert trolling, she's really gotten under his skin.

She's a master at this.

by Anonymousreply 47October 8, 2020 10:30 PM

I expect that she knows what the records will show, and that the evidence won't fizzle and backfire, generating more confidence in Trump. She must know there's some scary stuff in there (which shouldn't surprise anyone).

by Anonymousreply 48October 8, 2020 10:34 PM

Ultimately that Supreme Court nomination is goin g to have to be withdrawn if Trump is shown to be incompetent. I'm hearing that Susan Collins is already extremely concerned.

by Anonymousreply 49October 8, 2020 10:44 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad idea? The election is less than 4 weeks away. Biden/Harris will almost assuredly win at this point. A transition of power (not sure how peaceful) will take place and Biden will be sworn in as the 46th President on Jan 20.

Why rock the boat right now? Yeah, the current POTUS is bat-shit crazy. Quelle surprise!! We knew that from before he took office.

This is why Democrats lose. They snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Leave it alone, Nancy. You are about the win the election, will most likely win the Senate and keep the House. And then, in the next four-eight-twelve years, do what you can to take the 6-3 majority and turn it back to 5-4 in the liberals' favour.

by Anonymousreply 50October 8, 2020 10:55 PM

[quote]Why rock the boat right now?

When asked what she could do to delay the ACB nomination, Pelosi said something about having ideas.

by Anonymousreply 51October 8, 2020 10:58 PM

NO, this just helps Trump. Pelosi seizing power. Just defeat him.

by Anonymousreply 52October 8, 2020 10:59 PM

r50, the 25th Amendment is meant to be used only when presidents are incapable of functioning. It isn't a permanent transfer of power, just a means of keeping the government operational.

by Anonymousreply 53October 8, 2020 11:00 PM

R50, your spelling outs you as a non-American...sooooo...shut up?

by Anonymousreply 54October 8, 2020 11:00 PM

[quote]Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad idea? The election is less than 4 weeks away. Biden/Harris will almost assuredly win at this point.

Do you really want a psychotic tyrant running the country for 3.5 more months?

by Anonymousreply 55October 8, 2020 11:02 PM

[quote]Leave it alone, Nancy. You are about the win the election, will most likely win the Senate and keep the House. And then, in the next four-eight-twelve years, do what you can to take the 6-3 majority and turn it back to 5-4 in the liberals' favour.

She is trying to block the Supreme Court nomination. Because if Phony Barrett gets confirmed before January, Trump is going to try to use the Supreme Court to invalidate the election results.

I trust that Nancy knows what she is doing.

by Anonymousreply 56October 8, 2020 11:02 PM

[quote] Do you really want a psychotic tyrant running the country for 3.5 more months?

As long as this person is a Democrat, then yes, they can rule with absolute power forever as far as I’m concerned.

Do it, Nancy! There is no way you can lose at this point.

by Anonymousreply 57October 8, 2020 11:10 PM

If ACB gets confirmed it won’t matter if Biden wins. Life as we know it is over if that woman gets confirmed. That’s why Mitch doesn’t give a shit about it being unpopular. It’s worth it to him to lose his majority over it.

by Anonymousreply 58October 8, 2020 11:11 PM

If that’s the case, then we need to pack the court with Gay White Men.

by Anonymousreply 59October 8, 2020 11:12 PM

McConnel is about $$$$$$$$

by Anonymousreply 60October 8, 2020 11:15 PM

Fucking TROLL R59.

by Anonymousreply 61October 8, 2020 11:15 PM

R54 Go fuck yourself asshole! How's that for spelling you fucking prick!

by Anonymousreply 62October 8, 2020 11:15 PM

Stop interfering with American elections you fucking foreigner!

by Anonymousreply 63October 8, 2020 11:18 PM

R50 is triggered by being outed as a non-American weighing in on "why Democrats always lose." What a pity.

by Anonymousreply 64October 8, 2020 11:19 PM

I’m tired of these fucking deplorable foreigners trying to undermine American elections with their propaganda. It is not racist to say this. It’s racist against Americans of color to let these fucking foreigners interfere with our rights.

by Anonymousreply 65October 8, 2020 11:20 PM

Perhaps Nancy got her hands on Don-Don's real Walter Reed medical results.

Maybe she's gonna tell us precisely how sick President Shithead is.

by Anonymousreply 66October 8, 2020 11:21 PM

R62, honey I fuck myself all the time. It ain’t derogatory.

Now take that Concern Troll Bitch Ass and sashay away.

🙀

by Anonymousreply 67October 8, 2020 11:22 PM

Go back to your own fucking country you fucking racist.

by Anonymousreply 68October 8, 2020 11:24 PM

I'm sure this will get its own thread, but Trump's doctor has cleared him to return to work on Saturday. (per CNN)

by Anonymousreply 69October 8, 2020 11:25 PM

Yeah, Democrats--always losing, amirite? Like in 2018, 2012, 2008...

by Anonymousreply 70October 8, 2020 11:26 PM

The 25th Amendment requires the support of the Vice President, the Cabinet, and the Congress. It's not going to happen. Pelosi knows that. I seriously doubt she wants Trump removed. She just wants to get the information about Trump's condition made public, or at least, questioned and discussed.

by Anonymousreply 71October 8, 2020 11:28 PM

After this, Democrats will be unstoppable. We will have absolute power for the rest of time and nothing, but nothing, is going to stop us this time.

by Anonymousreply 72October 8, 2020 11:28 PM

Concerned Bros United

We are guys who put our dicks up each other's asses because it's fun. Nothing gay about it.

And Ivanka is a cunt who won't let her husband have any male friends.

And she soils her panties with gravy of diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 73October 8, 2020 11:28 PM

And if this doesn’t work, then we can call out the mob.

by Anonymousreply 74October 8, 2020 11:32 PM

"Commission on Presidential Capacity"

I hope the verb form becomes "trump" ... eg, "Our president is mentally unwell, he needs to be trumped."

by Anonymousreply 75October 8, 2020 11:32 PM

r72 What color is the sky in your universe?

by Anonymousreply 76October 8, 2020 11:34 PM

R35 - That's what he says and ordinarily I'd agree with you re the Senate. But it is abundantly clear that the man is raging out of his mind and in this particular case, Republicans in the Senate may just realise it's in their own interests to get Trump out of there.

by Anonymousreply 77October 8, 2020 11:34 PM

r58, that's assuming that she isn't killed or permanently disabled by COVID. Remember, being a Supreme Court justice requires a certain amount of stamina and she was the focus of all those heavy breathing maskless Rose Garden party attendees. Her viral load must be astronomical.

by Anonymousreply 78October 8, 2020 11:34 PM

We don’t need a commission. We need a mafia hitman to save the country.. Trump has killed more Americans than Hitler killed gay men and lesbians. He is literally worse than a Nazi because even the Nazis weren’t stupid enough to believe in supply side economics.

by Anonymousreply 79October 8, 2020 11:35 PM

The entire GOP needs to go down with Trump, and by go down, I mean permanently. We already know they’re guilty. Their existence was a war crime all the way back in 1854 and they’ve only gotten worse since then. Kill them all or this country literally cannot survive another generation.

by Anonymousreply 80October 8, 2020 11:36 PM

We will destroy Trump if we have to bring down the entire white race to do it.

by Anonymousreply 81October 8, 2020 11:38 PM

Not only that, but we need another war with Germany for sticking us with Trump’s ancestors.

by Anonymousreply 82October 8, 2020 11:43 PM

If they take so much as one electoral vote away from Joe Biden, that will be a declaration of war.

by Anonymousreply 83October 8, 2020 11:46 PM

R71 - As I understand it, there are two ways to do this: one is at the agreement of the Cabinet, the other is the commission formed with the consent of the legislative branch, i.e., Congress.

But either way, I don't see why Republicans would necessarily reject a chance to jettison a president who is not only losing, anyway, but saddling them with associations it will take years to come back from.

If they were clever, they'd take it and run with it, "more in sorrow than in anger", as it were.

He's dragged them down the rabbit hole with him.

by Anonymousreply 84October 8, 2020 11:50 PM

R44, actually, I do have intimate knowledge of that embezzling employee, several times. I used to work at a bank, and at least two people I know of were caught stealing from customers’ accounts. One regularly stole from the bosses’ son’s account. He was young and careless and couldn’t figure out why his account was overdrawn all the time for a long time. She took small sums for a year. Finally they discovered it and let her resign.

The second one was a manager and he went to prison. Don’t know much about that one but the prison. Another one was when my mom was being trained to take over some accounting from her boss. As she learned it, she discovered he was stealing and wanted her to take the fall. She quit. Many years later, I was given more accounting duties than before and found out somebody much higher up was cooking the books. I quit too. There’s no graceful way out of that but absent yourself. And it’s really common that somebody finds this out when somebody goes on vacation, quits or gets promoted.

I worked with a woman who never went on vacation, and after she was discovered to be working for a completely different company at her desk at our company, she was fired. Months of undone work was discovered at her desk. She was actually working for us about 2-3 days a month.

This is why it’s a good idea to let your employees go on vacation.

About Trump, what do you think they will find if he’s out of commission? Tons of bad stuff. Why do you think his doctor just cleared him to work on Saturday? All these people are mindlessly propping him up at expense of the country. And those doctors don’t care if the Secret Service get Covid and die. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 85October 8, 2020 11:52 PM

The Republican Senators that are clearly losing might go along with it.

by Anonymousreply 86October 8, 2020 11:52 PM

The link outlines the way(s) - yes, there are different routes to removing the chief executive - are outlined in the article in the link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 8, 2020 11:54 PM

When my sister worked in banking she was required to take a vacation every year whether she wanted to or not, and was not allowed to check in during her time away precisely because it was a way to check for any shenanigans and derail fraudsters.

by Anonymousreply 88October 8, 2020 11:57 PM

What kinds of clues are more available during an embezzler's vacation time? I'm curious. Is it that the company suspects them in particular, and uses that time to investigate? Or are there irregularities that come to the surface if an embezzler isn't there to do his/her usual chicanery?

by Anonymousreply 89October 9, 2020 12:03 AM

Make #25thAmendmentNow trend if you really want to get under his skin.

by Anonymousreply 90October 9, 2020 12:06 AM

R78, ACB had Covid this summer, I think as recently as August. She probably has at least some immunity, so even if she got it, it could be a mild case. Or it could be worse, as it is for some people.

She’s got 7 kids and all seven were at the Rose Garden. If any of them get sick from this, and people find out, she’ll have to quarantine. If her husband or one of the kids get it, she might have to put a pause on the nomination herself. If her family is dropping like flies and she doesn’t give a shit, that looks bad.

Most people with a bunch of kids start with one family member getting sick, then it goes through all of them including the parents. So if that happens, she could be quarantined for a while as it goes through the family. Depends on who got sick when she did.

by Anonymousreply 91October 9, 2020 12:06 AM

Tomorrow belongs to me!

by Anonymousreply 92October 9, 2020 12:09 AM

So apparently what Pelosi's calling for tomorrow is to have Donald undergo independent medical exams to determine his physical/mental capacity to be president.

Hang on to your hats!

by Anonymousreply 93October 9, 2020 12:26 AM

R89, sometimes they’re stupid enough to leave stuff on their desk, sometimes they flash money around they couldn’t possibly have. Sometimes there’s daily or monthly reports nobody bothers to read. Sometimes they write off small missing amounts and people can steal that without it being noticed. In banking, embezzling is really common. I didn’t realize this until they kept carting people away. They don’t fire them, they let them resign and they just go down the street. They only prosecute if it’s a lot. In theory, every penny is accounted for, but somehow people keep doing it.

A lot of times the most direct way to find out is they’re doing the accounting, then they’re gone and a different person is doing the accounting, then the other person is going, what’s this amount of money with no description?

With my situation, everything looked good as long as you weren’t the one doing it every day. They were using an average, which meant if something happened one or two months, it all averaged out. The problem is, if you’re doing the accounting and you realize somebody with the power to fire you is doing it, the best thing to do is quit before they find a way to pin it on you. They often try to bring in a new person and then “discover” money is missing after the new one takes over. It may be hard to prove the exact date it happened, depending on what it is. And everyone likes the old timer, the newcomer isn’t trusted yet.

If you’re ever in that position, quit. Don’t stay long enough for them to be able to say it could have been you.

About Trump, I would love to have a responsible person get their hands on whatever he’s doing. Wait until Biden gets in. He’s done for.

by Anonymousreply 94October 9, 2020 12:30 AM

R94, that's fascinating. Thanks so much! And I appreciate your repeated warnings about not sticking around if you ever find out that your higher-up is doing that. I don't expect I'll ever be in that position, but my instinct would have been to report it, like a fool. Maybe someone else reading this will benefit.

by Anonymousreply 95October 9, 2020 12:38 AM

I nust discovered that the Trustees of my condo association shifted about $36,000 from the general fund to be used to build private decks on their property. I’m trying to get an audit conducted but they’re the ones running the show. If we can’t settle it in-house, so-to-speak, I’ll have to go to the police.

by Anonymousreply 96October 9, 2020 12:41 AM

After the shit with those deplorable terrorists plotting to kidnap Gov. Whitmer, I'm hoping Pelosi has her security stepped up

by Anonymousreply 97October 9, 2020 12:42 AM

I hope she’s made a few phone calls to Palermo just to be on the safe side.

by Anonymousreply 98October 9, 2020 12:49 AM

I understand both sides of the argument.

Joe is going to win, so don't do anything that changes the trajectory of that.

On the other hand, Donald has clearly been incapacitated by the medication he's on, and he is in charge of the nuclear codes. He is a danger to the nation and not mentally fit to lead.

by Anonymousreply 99October 9, 2020 12:51 AM

If Nancy tries to get Trump to go to the doctor, he’ll just say no. So what can she do, have him arrested? They’ll fight and say his lying Baghdad Bob doctor is good enough. She better have some probable cause somewhere that somebody can’t deny. Like a doctor at WR that says it’s all lies.

by Anonymousreply 100October 9, 2020 12:52 AM

It's very telling that his own son thinks he needs an intervention, and the other kids have been noticeably silent lately.

by Anonymousreply 101October 9, 2020 12:59 AM

"and the other kids have been noticeably silent lately."

I imagine the coughing is quite audible

by Anonymousreply 102October 9, 2020 1:02 AM

[quote] I understand both sides of the argument.

That's deplorable talk. The progressive side of the argument is the only side that matters.

by Anonymousreply 103October 9, 2020 1:35 AM

Trump is calling in to Sean Hannity’s show right now and he sounds even more deranged than ever. Ranting about how “they oscillated my mic” in the 2016 debates with Hillary. Repeating that several times.

by Anonymousreply 104October 9, 2020 1:43 AM

What she's doing will play into his paranoia. He will become completely paranoid of Pence. He will freak out over new staff members. His doctors.

She's just giving him that extra little one finger push he needs down the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 105October 9, 2020 1:45 AM

Pence is a bigger threat to gay rights all things considered.

by Anonymousreply 106October 9, 2020 1:45 AM

Now he’s saying Biden is in favor of “executing babies.”

by Anonymousreply 107October 9, 2020 1:48 AM

Do we have an official "25th Amendment - Trump" thread yet?

by Anonymousreply 108October 9, 2020 1:53 AM

We ought to be deciding whether to have the president lobotomized or just institutionalized

He is a danger to himself and others

by Anonymousreply 109October 9, 2020 1:55 AM

She may have discovered a loophole to AMENDMENT XXV by which HIPPA (and Orange It's claims to medical secrecy) can be overridden.

Betcha Constitutional Professors Lawrence Tribe and Barack Obama offered assistance, Tribe having gone missing from media outlets and being otherwise engaged of late.

The beans were spilled via TRMS.

by Anonymousreply 110October 9, 2020 1:55 AM

“They’re throwing ballots in the river! Massive fraud!”

by Anonymousreply 111October 9, 2020 1:58 AM

Take down Joffrey, Nancy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 9, 2020 1:58 AM

[quote]She may have discovered a loophole to AMENDMENT XXV by which HIPPA (and Orange It's claims to medical secrecy) can be overridden.

They can get his medical info, but not his taxes?

(BTW it's HIPAA, not HIPPA.)

by Anonymousreply 113October 9, 2020 1:59 AM

Leave Joffrey alone!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114October 9, 2020 2:00 AM

He's just tweeted out a ghastly attack on Gov. Whitmer, saying "his" Justice Department caught the plot against her but instead of thanking HIM, she accused him of being a white supremacist (which he is). Then he demanded that she open up Michigan stores, churches, schools, etc.

He sounds like his usual self to me.

by Anonymousreply 115October 9, 2020 2:08 AM

"Don't go chasing waterfalls,

Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to.

I know you'd rather have it your way or nothing at all,

I just think you're moving too fast."

TLC (Rest in Peace, Left Eye)

by Anonymousreply 116October 9, 2020 2:08 AM

Thanks for the correction, R 113.

by Anonymousreply 117October 9, 2020 2:10 AM

I truly believe he would have let the Whitmer plot happen if he had that power.

by Anonymousreply 118October 9, 2020 2:11 AM

This is so stupid. Pelosi sucks. We’re three weeks away from the election, let Trump continue to hang himself, don’t throw him a lifeline. Impeachment was a total flop, his approval went UP during it.

by Anonymousreply 119October 9, 2020 2:11 AM

OP's photo with John McCain got me wondering what'd he'd think of current day tRump and his presidency. I guess the state of the republican party as well.

by Anonymousreply 120October 9, 2020 2:13 AM

Why on earth would Nancy discuss this less than 4 weeks from the election when the democratic candidate is polling with double digit leads?

Because she knows the polls are fake bullshit. They are running scared that Trump will win.

by Anonymousreply 121October 9, 2020 2:17 AM

r121 Because Trump and Pence are threatening violence against the American people, for one. That is TREASON. He'll be lucky if all he gets is prison.

by Anonymousreply 122October 9, 2020 2:29 AM

[quote]Because she knows the polls are fake bullshit. They are running scared that Trump will win.

Or she's no dummy like some people and knows that even if he loses he'll still be in power until Biden is sworn in, in January.

Assuming he loses he is going to go COMPLETELY BERZERK while he still has power. Who knows what that man is capable of!

by Anonymousreply 123October 9, 2020 2:44 AM

You all are absolutely insane.

by Anonymousreply 124October 9, 2020 2:47 AM

Nancy is going to twist the knife. And deservedly so.

by Anonymousreply 125October 9, 2020 2:48 AM

[quote]You all are absolutely insane.

And yet, still saner than the motherfucking President of the motherfucking United States.

by Anonymousreply 126October 9, 2020 2:52 AM

Don’t fuck with Nancy, fellas.

by Anonymousreply 127October 9, 2020 2:53 AM

If you have seen the finale of the Hunger Games trilogy, Katniss begged to have the right to execute the Trumpian dystopian Capital President (Donald Sutherland), but instead she does an about face and kills the Pelosi-esque, progressive leader (Julianne Moore) of the districts (or working peoples) rebellion. She realized both were equally as evil but Moore was worse so for pretending to be a aly to the people. That's how I feel about Nancy. She does not care about us.

by Anonymousreply 128October 9, 2020 3:01 AM

I am confused about Trump & minions talking about Nancy trying to stage a coup, to take over the government.

The only thing that would happen is Pence becoming President for a period. No "takeover" by the Democrats. I am sure Trump finds that total rebellion and "treason", for anyone to question his capacity.

Hus other two children are doing him a disservice by not doing a quiet intervention.

by Anonymousreply 129October 9, 2020 3:08 AM

Yeah, he was retweeting a bunch of stuff about coups...but WHY? If they were planning one, it’s not like they’d tell him first.

by Anonymousreply 130October 9, 2020 3:15 AM

Dear r128:

Shahid Buttar is going to lose, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Nothing.

Love,

San Francisco

by Anonymousreply 131October 9, 2020 3:21 AM

Poops, I did it again!

by Anonymousreply 132October 9, 2020 3:47 AM

Nancy is brilliant, and only cuts after she's measured thrice. She knows what she is doing, and will look gorgeous doing it.

by Anonymousreply 133October 9, 2020 4:01 AM

#Feud Donald Trump vs Nancy Pelosi: Their Most Epic Clashes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 9, 2020 4:51 AM

The more I learn about Nancy, the more I like her. Someone suggested upthread, she doesn't strike unless she has more than enough ammunition, all her ducks in a row. I eagerly await Nancy news tomorrow.

We need an independent commision of doctors to assess the President. It should be a law.

by Anonymousreply 135October 9, 2020 6:24 AM

I wonder if Nancy somehow convinced Pence he needs to take over. What he says in public may be different from what he says in private. A lot of people have said Republicans do a lot of posturing in public, but it’s fake.

I want to know what happens if Pence takes over, gets Covid, then in two weeks they’re both nuts. How hard will Pence fight Nancy then?

by Anonymousreply 136October 9, 2020 6:33 AM

R128, using The Hunger Games as an analogy means you forfeit any right to be taken seriously

by Anonymousreply 137October 9, 2020 6:41 AM

If Pence actually thought he could be installed as President through the 25th Amendment, he'd do it in a heartbeat. But he is not stupid. He isn't going to do it if there is any chance in hell that the Republicans are not going to win in November. All he has to do is wait out the next few months, and come 2024, he will be the Republican nominee, ready for 8 full years as POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 138October 9, 2020 6:46 AM

R137 - I wanted to use an analogy that DL could understand.

by Anonymousreply 139October 9, 2020 6:51 AM

Could she be poking the orange bear to rattle its cage? Indulging in a bit of bear-baiting? Tormenting a (mentally) trapped animal?

by Anonymousreply 140October 9, 2020 7:03 AM

Nancy has tethered the stimulus package to several things that have nothing to do with the effects of Covid. The airline industry has had to furlough and lay off thousands of workers today. If she cared about the American people she would come to terms. At least Trump has contributed an additional $300 extra to unemployed workers. There would be no extra support without his intervention. Pelosi is a piece of shit and San Franciso is no testament to her or Newsome, which is a shame.

by Anonymousreply 141October 9, 2020 7:10 AM

[quote] Newsome

NEWSOM, no E.

by Anonymousreply 142October 9, 2020 7:13 AM

R141, yes -- your darling Trump and the Republicans have just done so much for Americans affected by covid.

by Anonymousreply 143October 9, 2020 7:16 AM

yeah

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144October 9, 2020 7:36 AM

A long time ago in describing what was to become radical liberalism - that's radical now, not standard liberalism - a democratic U.S. Senator from New York used the term "defining deviancy down". That sums up what has benefited Donald Trump exactly.

by Anonymousreply 145October 9, 2020 7:47 AM

What took her so long.

by Anonymousreply 146October 9, 2020 7:57 AM

nothing to do with the effects of Covid.

Link?

by Anonymousreply 147October 9, 2020 8:12 AM

Fuck the Washington Post lately. They've become seriously right wing. Last week they published an op-ed defending Amy Coney Barrett and now this. The fact is $300 stimulus is NOT enough. Sorry, it just isn't. Especially when McConnell lined his cronies pockets with the majority of the money from the fist round that should have gone to individuals and small businesses. And if the Republicans are so fucking worried about tanking the economy, then they should have gotten Shitler in line back in March and had him take this thing seriously instead of pretending there was nothing wrong. Sorry, but Pelosi is 100 FUCKING PERCENT RIGHT. I'm fucking sick of the dems always backing down.

by Anonymousreply 148October 9, 2020 8:15 AM

All decent general media outlets publish [bold] Op Eds [/bold] by people with widely divergent views. Some, commentators, like Thiessen, have pathetic “in defense of war crimes” views. Only the paper’s most rabid readers take them seriously.

Even so called “Fake. News” CNN has man-dog Santorum omits lineup.

by Anonymousreply 149October 9, 2020 8:39 AM

All decent general media outlets publish [bold] Op Eds [/bold] by people with widely divergent views. Some, commentators, like Thiessen, have pathetic “in defense of war crimes” views. Only the paper’s most rabid readers take them seriously.

Even so called “Fake. News” CNN has man-dog Santorum omits lineup.

by Anonymousreply 150October 9, 2020 8:39 AM

Pelosi is a warrior with a strong pimp hand

by Anonymousreply 151October 9, 2020 8:47 AM

Trump can't be reelected, he lost the first election.

by Anonymousreply 152October 9, 2020 8:50 AM

R21 and R22 - Both have a point. But I do root for Nancy. The elephant in this DL room is what happens to our rights if Barrett is confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 153October 9, 2020 9:30 AM

Pelosi is smarter and savvier than all of her naysayers put together.

by Anonymousreply 154October 9, 2020 10:57 AM

[quote]I am confused about Trump & minions talking about Nancy trying to stage a coup, to take over the government.

It's because they're getting backlash for the GOP- and Trump-inspired coup attempt in Michigan, so they're trying to pretend Democrats are the ones who really want a coup. That's all. Just the standard GOP bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 155October 9, 2020 11:42 AM

[quote] and only cuts after she's measured thrice.

Oh who the hell says thrice?!

by Anonymousreply 156October 9, 2020 12:25 PM

British people, R156.

by Anonymousreply 157October 9, 2020 12:28 PM

Bless your heart, r157.

by Anonymousreply 158October 9, 2020 12:32 PM

I think that this will be--at most--Nancy setting the stage for a plan of action to remove Trump if he loses the election and refuses to accept the election results and/or tries to go full dictator in his remaining months.

by Anonymousreply 159October 9, 2020 1:12 PM

R156 Pelosi Pelosi you’ve got style!

by Anonymousreply 160October 9, 2020 1:17 PM

well? well?

by Anonymousreply 161October 9, 2020 2:13 PM

When is this happening? I need that Politico cutie Jake Sherman to talk me through it.

by Anonymousreply 162October 9, 2020 2:15 PM

First of all, why would you remove him now? Let him lose. Second, this is Trump. He's always been this way.

by Anonymousreply 163October 9, 2020 2:20 PM

Well, where is it? It's tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 164October 9, 2020 2:36 PM

She's certainly setting this up now for when he does lose and starts causing even worse problems than he already has been.

by Anonymousreply 165October 9, 2020 2:37 PM

Not sure why you're asking where it is, it's live now. Here's the Twitter link to live video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 9, 2020 2:38 PM

And C-Span:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 9, 2020 2:39 PM

Has Trump tweeted yet? I don't feel like looking ...

by Anonymousreply 168October 9, 2020 2:48 PM

[quote]All he has to do is wait out the next few months, and come 2024, he will be the Republican nominee, ready for 8 full years as POTUS.

Oh, my sides!

by Anonymousreply 169October 9, 2020 2:56 PM

Did Pelosi do this just to troll Trump?

If so, I love her.

by Anonymousreply 170October 9, 2020 2:59 PM

Trump's tweets are going to be epic today and will only prove more fully how deranged he is

by Anonymousreply 171October 9, 2020 3:01 PM

I think she's forcing the GOP to support Trump at a time they want to distance themselves for the sake of votes. Also, it keeps focus on Trump's erratic behavior, which is good for Democrats but also pretty necessary, considering the next few months are likely to be a real rollercoaster.

by Anonymousreply 172October 9, 2020 3:01 PM

R163, under normal terms, I'd agree with you. But these are NOT normal times - and even if tRump loses and accepts it - we have to go until January 20th with tRump still pResident.

by Anonymousreply 173October 9, 2020 3:03 PM

Their repeated mentions of "bipartisan" and "future presidents" left the door open for the GOP who have been whining about how incapacitated Biden is. By framing it this way they make it look like a good thing for the country and that they are doing Republicans a favor by establishing a means to oust Joe when it comes time. Of course some will say that they are doing it easier for Kamala to seize power.

by Anonymousreply 174October 9, 2020 3:12 PM

She is speaking this second on CNN. Got my popcorn ready

by Anonymousreply 175October 9, 2020 3:26 PM

Dumb ass move and I genuinely like her.

by Anonymousreply 176October 9, 2020 3:28 PM

"Simply put, the President is not a well woman."

by Anonymousreply 177October 9, 2020 3:29 PM

But I'M a well woman, r177

by Anonymousreply 178October 9, 2020 3:33 PM

[QUOTE] and I genuinely like her.

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 179October 9, 2020 3:35 PM

Per Twitter, he's appearing LIVE on Rush Limbaugh shortly!!

And yet he can't do a fucking remote town hall.

by Anonymousreply 180October 9, 2020 3:59 PM

[quote] Crazy Nancy Pelosi is looking at the 25th Amendment in order to replace Joe Biden with Kamala Harris. The Dems want that to happen fast because Sleepy Joe is out of it!!!

Like I said @ R174...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 9, 2020 4:17 PM

Someone replied to his post with something like, "So you're admitting you know Biden is going to win?"

by Anonymousreply 182October 9, 2020 4:19 PM

I like the way you (and Speaker Pelosi) think, mrfancypants @ R159. A reminder of the power of AMENDMENT XXV is crucial now and immediately following Joe Biden's election.

by Anonymousreply 183October 9, 2020 4:21 PM

This is about getting rid of Joe.

Damn, they aren't even quiet about it.

by Anonymousreply 184October 9, 2020 4:44 PM

zzzzz r184

by Anonymousreply 185October 9, 2020 4:46 PM

r173 Stop trying to make "tRump" happen.

by Anonymousreply 186October 9, 2020 4:48 PM

Agreed. All the names like that (tRump, ReTHUGlicans, and, from the other side, DemonRATS, Dimmocrats) are so juvenile and distracting.

by Anonymousreply 187October 9, 2020 5:23 PM

Well, this is a site where Harvey Weinstein was routinely called "Heavy Whalestein..."

by Anonymousreply 188October 9, 2020 5:36 PM

Joe’s not the President yet, R84, so there’s nothing to get rid of him for. He has no government position.

Trump, on the other hand, does have a government position. And he’s wacko, so that’s relevant.

by Anonymousreply 189October 9, 2020 5:38 PM

[quote) R53: Oh who the hell says thrice?!

Indeed. It belongs with “indeed”, whiich people write but never say.

by Anonymousreply 190October 10, 2020 12:57 AM

Miami is nice

So I'll say it thrice

Miami is nice

Miami is nice

Miami is nice

by Anonymousreply 191October 10, 2020 1:06 AM

when this is over and people start finding out all the things Trump has done in office and how much money he has stolen, no one will be able to say to Nancy why didn't you do something. The house impeached him and now she is trying to do something with the 25th amendment which is more than anyone else has done.

by Anonymousreply 192October 10, 2020 1:14 AM

OK, there really are some smarts minds on DL, few and far between. I love this theory. Introduce the 25th Amendment to the public, use it to get everyone familiar with the notion of replacing an unfit president under the guise of ousting Trump. Then that paves the way for Kamala to take over and the public will be slightly more used to the idea. I do not like Nancy, b/c she is such an evil genius. She really is a good match for Trump. R181/R147 is very smart. This did not even occur to me until I read the twitter in their post.

by Anonymousreply 193October 10, 2020 1:19 AM

There have been so many blind items and gossip long before Kamal was announced that the main contender (unnamed) would be demanding to take over mid term to accept the position. This has been the agreed upon plan all along.

by Anonymousreply 194October 10, 2020 1:21 AM

That theory makes sense only to those who have been brainwashed by Fox etc. into believing, against all the abundant and continuing evidence, that Biden is senescent. They're the same people who believed the doctored tape in 2016 that was supposed to make Clinton look like she was having seizures. They believe that Rudy Giuliani is an insightful and sober commentator.

by Anonymousreply 195October 10, 2020 1:22 AM

Yeah but these leaks about an agreement for Kamala or undisclosed female VP candidate were coming out from very liberal celeb gossip sites.

by Anonymousreply 196October 10, 2020 1:40 AM

R186, he is a fat ass. Here he is in his tighty whities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 10, 2020 2:10 AM

I remember way back in the early days of The Simpsons, Marge referred to the size of Homer's pants as xx waist with a balloon seat. I'd never heard the term before (and have never heard it since) and had no idea what she was talking about, but I never forgot it.

Now I get it.

by Anonymousreply 198October 10, 2020 2:14 AM

[quote]By framing it this way they make it look like a good thing for the country and that they are doing Republicans a favor by establishing a means to oust Joe when it comes time.

If Biden became incapacitated he would voluntarily pass control off to Harris, either temporarily or permanently, so fuck off with your asshole Concerned Democrat speculation.

The Repugs have done plenty of bullshit without "the Democrats setting it up so they could get away with it" and I'm fucking SICK of shits like you saying Dems shouldn't do anything lest the Repugs do it back in revenge.

by Anonymousreply 199October 10, 2020 2:51 AM

I agree with 199 and who the hell cares? I would take Mickey Mouse over Trump. Anyone to just get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 200October 10, 2020 11:42 AM

R199 is correct. Biden would abide by the Construction.

by Anonymousreply 201October 10, 2020 11:48 AM

[quote]I would take Mickey Mouse over Trump.

I heard a guy tell a reporter for a news station, “I’d vote for a stray cat. Anyone or anything but Trump” and I can’t stop thinking about that and laughing.

by Anonymousreply 202October 10, 2020 12:45 PM

Kanye would be a great improvement.

by Anonymousreply 203October 10, 2020 1:22 PM

Kanye is the only person who could be worse than Trump, because we'd have to listen to his music, and there's no way Kanye's wife would hide like Melania. Kanye's wife's family rivals the Trumps for cravenness.

by Anonymousreply 204October 10, 2020 1:28 PM

Stupid move right before an election. This is going to come to bite us in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 205October 10, 2020 1:28 PM

R204 is the closest I will ever get to complimenting the Grifters in the White House. I am off to shower for it.

by Anonymousreply 206October 10, 2020 1:29 PM

Scrub, r206! Scrub!

by Anonymousreply 207October 10, 2020 1:41 PM

It's too bad Pelosi turns out just to be trolling Trump here. It's an uncharacteristically clumsy move on her part, and will accomplish exactly nothing.

As any schoolyard bully will tell you, "Never make a threat you cannot back up."

by Anonymousreply 208October 10, 2020 1:49 PM

Something that I don’t think has not been mention yet is what happens if 45 loses and just walks away without resigning. One option is they would have to impeach him again and have him removed.

Or, by introducing this now, putting it in the public consciousness, and instituting the structure, it is a handy option when shit starts getting crazy and people start freaking out about their college kids trapped hundreds of miles away and/or Thanksgiving plans.

I was lectured up thread about being a concern troll when the GOP is breaking rules right and left, but I continue to argue that this is a chess move. This is about Pelosi laying the groundwork to put the country back together in November—possibly with her becoming president.

by Anonymousreply 209October 10, 2020 2:04 PM

[quote] Something that I don’t think has not been mention yet is what happens if 45 loses and just walks away without resigning. One option is they would have to impeach him again and have him removed.

First of all, oh fucking dear!

Second, are you not familiar with the constitution or the transfer of power? If he loses he doesn’t have to “resign,” a new president is sworn in on January 20.

by Anonymousreply 210October 10, 2020 2:11 PM

What happens between, say, mid November and January 20 if he just shambles off without resiigning?

Are we just to wait patiently and presidentless?

by Anonymousreply 211October 10, 2020 2:16 PM

R210 reading skills? He explained the scenario again for you at R211. It's a good speculation.

by Anonymousreply 212October 10, 2020 2:18 PM

[quote]what happens if 45 loses and just walks away without resigning. ... it is a handy option when shit starts getting crazy and people start freaking out about their college kids trapped hundreds of miles away and/or Thanksgiving plans.

Trump walking away without resigning wouldn't strand college students at their schools. What are you even talking about? We've had presidents check out and go on vacation or just be lazy all the time; W was on vacation for weeks on end prior to 9/11. The entire country wouldn't come to a screeching halt if Trump didn't do any work for a few weeks.

[quote]This is about Pelosi laying the groundwork to put the country back together in November—possibly with her becoming president.

Preposterous.

by Anonymousreply 213October 10, 2020 2:20 PM

This thread is full of concern trolling.

by Anonymousreply 214October 10, 2020 2:22 PM

I'd forgotten about Kanye. What happened with that? What is happening with that nut bag in general?

by Anonymousreply 215October 10, 2020 2:22 PM

R212, you and he are both idiots then.

Should he walk away, effectively resigning the presidency, we’re not without a president. The Vice President becomes president.

It’s not something where you need a note to make your resignation official. If you (or he) walk away from a job it’s tantamount to a resignation.

If the head of xerox walks away from his job and is missing and incommunicado, do you think they say “oh well, let’s shut down xerox. We have no boss”? No, they install someone else. In this case, the Vice President.

by Anonymousreply 216October 10, 2020 2:27 PM

R204 reminds me, is Kanye still in the running? Did his campaign get any traction?

I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 217October 10, 2020 2:35 PM

I think Kanye made it on the ballot in something like 9 or 11 states. I suppose if they’re swing states his presence could have an effect on the outcome

by Anonymousreply 218October 10, 2020 2:40 PM

R216, we are not in normal times. Look what’s happening right now. Is Pence running the country? No. He should be, because Trump should have voluntarily signed power over to him when he went to the hospital. He didn’t do that, so legally Pence has no power to do anything.

Trump is legally the President, and Pence is not the acting President. He’s nothing with no power. Jared was probably acting President, and Trump has probably taken it back, although he’s high on drugs. And Pence has no authority to do anything about it because Trump didn’t voluntarily hand over the reins. That is a horrible policy and should have been drawn up better.

The only way to take power away from Trump is if Pence and most of his cabinet agree, and they never will, because they’re trying to get re-elected. If Trump is too sick to work, that’s impossible. There’s not much Nancy can do, and nothing without Pence at the bare minimum.

It should be taken out of the hands of the VP, who has no conscience at all and will happily watch Trump launch nuclear bombs or do anything he wants and back him up. Pence is crazier than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 219October 10, 2020 2:47 PM

What you’re describing is not the scenario presented. He asked what happens if trump loses and then just walks away. He didn’t talk about the current situation.

And policies change. For the first years of our republic the loser in the presidential election became the Vice President! That changed.

by Anonymousreply 220October 10, 2020 3:02 PM

Let's rephrase the question. What happens should Orange It lose the election and not formally "concede" to Joe Biden?

by Anonymousreply 221October 10, 2020 3:20 PM

R220, the same thing applies which is why I described it that way. I agree, it’s likely Trump just walks away. If he does, *Pence has no power at all.* it is not like the President of Xerox at all. If the President of Xerox walks away, the board of directors could fire him, or they could vote to have the last President fill in or somebody else. There is no such power in Congress.

There is no such thing as “tantamount to resignation” when it comes to the Presidency. Either you’re the President or you aren’t. You’re President until you legally quit, die or are impeached and removed by both houses of Congress. The 25th Amendment requires Pence to agree. He won’t.

What could happen is, if the new Democratic members of the Senate are sworn in and they are the majority, Trump could be impeached again by Nancy and the Senate could vote to remove him. But you need 60 votes to do that, which means Republicans would have to do it too. They’ll never do that. No President has ever been impeached and removed.

In real life, what probably happens is Trump walks, Pence has no power and Jared Kushner is the acting President. He does anything he wants and no one on earth has any power to stop him. He does Trump’s bidding (maybe, if he feels like it) and gets revenge, and if Trump’s authority is needed to declare WWIII or launch nuclear bombs, Trump comes back for that. He can’t sign bills or pardon anyone, but he can do day to day actions, saying to foreign leaders he’s acting on behalf of Trump. He can prepare executive orders for Trump to sign and tell Trump to sign them. Trump doesn’t give a shit any more, so he signs anything without reading it. He can do a lot of damage.

Do you get it now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 10, 2020 3:22 PM

R222, that's already happening. You really think Trump is doing the day to day presidential things? No, he's got Miller, Jared and his daughter/concubine along with McConnell and others. Lots of WH staffers have said he comes bumbling into meetings, rants and raves without discussing the meeting content, then leaves. He signs shit put in front of him without reading or understanding.

by Anonymousreply 223October 10, 2020 3:26 PM

[quote] What happens should Orange It lose the election and not formally "concede" to Joe Biden?

He doesn’t have to concede. If he loses the election, Biden gets sworn in in January.

by Anonymousreply 224October 10, 2020 3:28 PM

I was going to say what R222 said. "Resignation" is a non-issue here. If Trump just goes to Mar-a-Lago after losing Nov. 3 and refuses to answer any calls about state affairs, the White House will continue to function (or "function") under Jared et al., with as much or little input from Pence as they see fit (probably none). And as R223 said. this isn't too different from what things have been like.

Then, at noon on Jan. 20, it all becomes moot because Trump is automatically no longer president and all those guys in the WH get replaced by Biden.

It's a practical issue, not a legal issue.

by Anonymousreply 225October 10, 2020 3:29 PM

R223, I agree. What I mean is, Trump would probably go to Mar A Lago and not come back. Jared would do everything. As long as Trump says, he’s acting for me, nothing can be done. You can’t impeach Jared Kushner. Nobody can get rid of him but Trump and why would he? It would be Jared and Ivanka running the White House.

Ivanka fancies herself queen, so she would throw her weight around in the most obnoxious way possible. She’s so stupid she thinks that gives her credibility. Trump will never tell her no.

All of this has to be changed. And Republicans will never vote to change it. You’d need a 60 vote majority of Senators at the least.

by Anonymousreply 226October 10, 2020 3:33 PM

[quote]What happens should Orange It lose the election and not formally "concede" to Joe Biden?

He doesn't have to concede. Concession is not a requirement when it comes to transferring the office of the president.

Who cares if Trump leaves the White House immediately on losing and doesn't carry out any presidential duties afterwards? The government barely works during the holidays as it is. Why would anyone think that Trump walking off in early November strand college students away from home?

None of this speculation makes any sense, and the conspiracy theories about Pelosi wanting to set this up to oust Biden and make herself president are stupid beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 227October 10, 2020 3:36 PM

R227, those conspiracy theories are Russian propaganda. No one thinks that who understands the Constitution. Russians don’t.

by Anonymousreply 228October 10, 2020 3:38 PM

It does sound like the speculation of someone who doesn't understand American government, R228, someone who lives in a place where the government is responsible for the trains running on time, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 229October 10, 2020 3:42 PM

I actually kind of love this hysteria in R209 about hundreds of thousands of students unable to come home from college, Thanksgiving turkeys and pies languishing uneaten, and Congress at a crippling impasse all because Trump refuses to concede his electoral loss. It would make a great montage in some lame movie.

by Anonymousreply 230October 10, 2020 3:59 PM

Students not being able to go home is kind of a real issue, although Trump won’t do anything about it.

If you were stupid enough to go to college in person, how do you go home without infecting parents and grandparents? They’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. All this whining about how they’ve dreamed for years of going to Animal House U, and now there’s a pandemic, sounds laughable. Like they’re the only ones inconvenienced, or the most important ones inconvenienced.

How about Covid nurses that have to go home to their family members every night? Those people are inconvenienced for real.

by Anonymousreply 231October 10, 2020 4:11 PM

Yes, R231, but what do those problems have immediately to do with the niceties of the presidential succession? How would Trump's refusal to concede cause or exacerbate them?

by Anonymousreply 232October 10, 2020 4:19 PM

R230, you have a way with words and I love you for it.

by Anonymousreply 233October 10, 2020 4:21 PM

[quote] R214: This thread is full of concern trolling.

Please stop with this accusation. We have a lunatic as President who is hopped-up on drugs. We have ample reason to be concerned.

by Anonymousreply 234October 10, 2020 6:13 PM

I heard Nancy’s proposal, (“I call her Nancy”*) for the bipartisan commission to assembly to address Amendment 25; however, I think it’s still too stringent. It requires the VP’s consent. He has complete power to scuttle the entire process. Just like impeachment. Too difficult to do when necessary, as we have seen.

*DJT idiotic quote

by Anonymousreply 235October 10, 2020 9:44 PM

I predict a blue wave this November, and that Joe will win the Presidency. Trump will continue tweeting and radio whining. The biggest problem is that things are about to completely fall apart. Joe will inherit that. The public will blame him, for four years of misery, all caused by DJT, but Joe will get the blame. Then in four years, we’ll get President Pence who will make things even worse for the great majority of people.

by Anonymousreply 236October 10, 2020 9:50 PM

Hi Debbie, R236!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237October 10, 2020 11:09 PM

So much doom and gloom!

by Anonymousreply 238October 11, 2020 2:19 AM

It's not "trolling" to observe that Pelosi floated a lead balloon on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 239October 11, 2020 1:17 PM

Well?

by Anonymousreply 240October 14, 2020 5:47 PM

[quote] Joe’s not the President yet

Oh, yes he is. As far as I’m concerned, he became president the moment he got the nomination. It is his birthright. It was his birthright back in the 1980s after the right wing sabotaged his campaign with those false accusations of plagiarism. It was his birthright all the years he was in the Senate. It was his birthright all the years he was vice president under the best president ever and the only non-racist president America has ever had. Now it is time for him to claim his birthright.

All hail the mighty Joe Biden! Bow down to his unquestioned greatness! May all who oppose his agenda be quickly destroyed and all evidence that they ever existed erased completely!

by Anonymousreply 241October 14, 2020 6:14 PM

And then?

by Anonymousreply 242October 14, 2020 6:14 PM

R239, don’t be so sure.

Trump is trying, brick-by-brick, to delegitimize democracy. Meanwhile, Nancy is trying, brick-by-brick, to delegitimize Trump. She doesn’t have to win the battle to win the war. And she is winning the war.

by Anonymousreply 243October 15, 2020 3:42 PM

Good thing we live in a Representative Republic.

by Anonymousreply 244October 16, 2020 6:56 AM

Tomorrow never came.

by Anonymousreply 245October 16, 2020 11:15 AM

That didn't turn out so well, did it?

by Anonymousreply 246October 16, 2020 12:08 PM

The judge in the Sacco and Vanzetti trial should’ve been on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 247October 16, 2020 2:52 PM

She not only didn't "win the battle" she announced a battle that never materialised. She didn't just "lost" she ended up with egg all over her face.

Rinse, repeat: Never back a threat you can't back up.

The fact the "war" is likely to be won isn't due to Pelosi: it's due to COVID coming along just in time to deprive Trump of that ole' Ace in the Hole: a booming economy, and to rip away what was left of any vestige of viability he could have pinned to that economy.

This election isn't a referendum on how well Nancy Pelosi "deligitimised" Trump: it's a referendum on how Trump, via COVID, deligitimised himself.

Who knows what would have happened without the virus coming along and showing him up for the monster fool he is?

by Anonymousreply 248October 16, 2020 6:11 PM

^*Never make a threat . . .

by Anonymousreply 249October 16, 2020 6:11 PM

So you stupid bitches thought that Pelosi was going to unilaterally try to knock Trump out of office?

That's not remotely what this was about. This is about the period between election and Jan. 20th.

by Anonymousreply 250October 16, 2020 6:14 PM

Nancy took a page out of the Trump/right wing play book. The Republicans worked for years throwing unsubstantiated accusations at Hillary and a lot of people came to not trust her, though they were unable to articulate exactly why. All Nancy has to do is the same thing with Trump. Make people question Trump’s suitability for office. She doesn’t have to oust Trump, she just needs to remind people that he’s incompetent, especially since people are voting now.

But I sense that we’ll just have to disagree on this.

by Anonymousreply 251October 16, 2020 6:43 PM

Where did Nancy go with this? Seeing what's going on now, unabated, "What is the 25th Amendment for, if not designed for this exact reason?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252November 21, 2020 6:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!