Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Want To Be Underwhelmed Again Part 2

EVERY night I watch a repeat episode of my FAVORITE show - My 600 Pound Life.

by Anonymousreply 9November 16, 2020 11:53 PM

Bought Splenda today, but couldn't find the packets.

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2020 4:22 AM

Bought Ben & Jerry's Cannoli ice cream based on DL recommendation.

It was good.

Found it at Target.

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2020 4:26 AM

My cat now comes with me every time I walk into the bathroom. She's been with me for many years but never did that until the last couple of months. Either she has decided I need a guard or she knows I'm sick, I guess. I'm still waiting to get in for the biopsy.

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2020 4:39 AM

When I went to catholic grammar school we didn’t have:

Gym class

A library

Sports

Music class

School concerts or plays

Science labs

Science class

A cafeteria

Language class

We had to line up alphabetically with our class & walk outside & wait for the bus even if it was raining. We had to say Our Father and then we were dismissed and lined up for our bus. In the morning when we got off the bus we had to line up alphabetically with our class outside in the front of the school. face the flagpole & say the pledge of allegiance & a Hail Mary. Then walk indoors one class at a time in alphabetical order & sit alphabetically at our desks.

No talking in class.

Sit with feet crossed & hands folded on desk when not writing. Raise hand and wait for nun to call on you.

Never call out an answer.

The only music we had was when nuns taught us the words to hymns. They never taught us to read music.

We had to go outside for recess unless it was pouring buckets of rain. We had to go outside if it was 0 degrees. In those days, we didn’t have down outerwear or fleece. Just cotton & wool & we had to wear specific black shoes as part of our uniform, no boots.

We had to wrap our textbooks in brown paper bags. Our parents had to cut grocery bags and fold them so they fit on the books. No store bought textbook covers. Our names went on the inside of the brown paper book cover, not on the outside. We were allowed to write on the bag covering the binding what subject the book was. MATHEMATICS, ENGLISH, RELIGION.

No jewelry, not even a watch. Girls were allowed to wear the official necklace with cross they got at First Communion. There was a clock on the wall. No radios allowed on the premises or outside in the schoolyard or in you book bag. It got confiscated & your parents had to come to school & get it from mother superior’s office.

Confession every Friday.

Mass on the first Friday of every month. Mass on church holidays (Feast of this, Feast of that), month-long rehearsals for first communion & confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2020 6:21 PM

That’s pretty whelming, r4.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2020 6:35 PM

Religion whelms.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2020 6:56 PM

The Cameo cinema in Edinburgh opened in 1914. It's now had to close due to the economic impact of COVID, and the owners are unsure if it'll ever reopen. My sister passed it yesterday and saw this message. Made me sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2020 11:43 AM

Got my flu shot today holyfuckingshit my arm hurts.

I’ve been getting flu shots since the 80s or early 90s and it never bothered my arm until last year.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2020 2:44 AM

OP, bitch please. This is not a “part 2” thread and if it was, you should have linked to part 1. But since this has been going on for fucking every neither are necessary. You have fucking whelmed me.

by Anonymousreply 9November 16, 2020 11:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!