Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drunken Socialite Rebecca Grossman Runs Over Two Young Boys in LA Crash

[QUOTE]Grossman plowed her Mercedes into the boys, killing both in front of their parents. She was arraigned on two counts of vehicular manslaughter and released on $2 million bail. Cops believe speed and alcohol were factors in the crash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382January 11, 2023 2:38 PM

bitch call me

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2020 9:48 PM

This bitch is FUCKED!

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2020 9:51 PM

So gross man, Grossman.

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2020 9:56 PM

[QUOTE] This bitch is FUCKED!

Don’t be so sure. She’ll have the best law team money can buy.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2020 9:59 PM

JFC if you're going to go out and get shitfaced call a damn Uber to get home. Awful, horrible story.

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2020 10:00 PM

She has to spend the rest of her life in jail, no?

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2020 10:05 PM

If I were her, I’d kill myself. How could you live with the guilt?

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2020 10:06 PM

I assume the parents were on their cell phones

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2020 10:11 PM

[QUOTE]How could you live with the guilt?

By having your maid fetch you another martini.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2020 10:13 PM

One more kid and it'd have been three beaner salad.

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2020 10:19 PM

After she plowed the boys, she fled the scene with one of the boys still stuck on her hood for 100 yards. Then she hit the brakes and the boy dislodged from the hood and that’s when she ran over him to continue fleeing from the scene.

She pulled over miles later.

She is not cooperating with police

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2020 10:19 PM

cunt

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2020 10:20 PM

A friend in Switzerland killed two kids while driving home from clubbing. It was raining, he'd been drinking and the kids were riding illegally (2 on a moped) on the auto route.

He received 3 years of prison. Shit happens. You Americans are cruel to each other. Rarely do you empathize or take into consideration the full picture. 3 years was more than sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2020 10:28 PM

Jesus fucking Christ, I thought R11 was trolling but he’s right.

[QUOTE] According to the sheriff's department, after the collision, it appears one of the boys was carried for more than a hundred feet down the road on the hood of the car. When Grossman eventually hit the brakes, they believe the boy rolled off into the street, and then Grossman ran over him, leaving the scene. She finally pulled over a mile and a half away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2020 10:30 PM

3 years was sufficient? He killed people because he acted irresponsibly (you said he'd been drinking)

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2020 10:31 PM

Is she one of those Trump loving rich Jews?

by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2020 10:33 PM

She won’t serve a day in jail

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2020 10:35 PM

R13 apparently didn't believe R11.

Not cooperating with police? I wonder if that means that she refused to take a breathalyzer. If so, she knew the drill.

I can't imagine being there to witness that. Poor family. How will they get over this?

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2020 10:36 PM

Thanks, r18, we’ll be fine. Just a little bump in the road!

by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2020 10:39 PM

She'll probably get a Stanford-rapist type sentence.

by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2020 10:43 PM

The family is Coptic Egyptian, FYI.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2020 10:44 PM

Is she related to Leslie Grossman from American Horror Story?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2020 10:45 PM

[QUOTE] Investigators said one boy was carried 100ft on the hood of the car before she braked, at which point he fell off the car and she ran him over again while fleeing the scene.

The charge for the second child’s death should be upgraded to murder. She intentionally killed that boy.

by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2020 10:46 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2020 10:47 PM

I live only a few miles from where this happened. These tacky bitches are a dime a dozen. Heavyset, bleached, and pulled, very little education. Managed to bag a successful man and that’s all she’s done in her life. What a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2020 10:48 PM

This is NOTHING compared to what that horrible Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman did!

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2020 10:53 PM

That poor family having to see that happen. I hope they were able to get a blood test on her and they can get her for DUI. I don't think that even with the best lawyer possible she is getting off on this - definite prison time.

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2020 10:56 PM

R7 the woman who ran over and killed two toddlers, including Broadway star Ruthie Ann Miles' daughter, ended up killing herself. Can't say I blame her.

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2020 10:56 PM

Her husband must’ve called a publicist as well as the bondsman and the lawyers because the headlines all say she’s the cofounder of his charity. The spinning has started.

by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2020 10:57 PM

A middle-aged street racer?

[Quote]Investigators said street racing may have been involved and claim Grossman is not cooperating with detectives.

Dr. Grossman's going to have to pay a lot of businesses and residences to have technical glitches in their surveillance systems.

by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2020 10:57 PM

[Quote]I assume the parents were on their cell phones.

Probably not. They were able to grab their other two children. If the cunt really was street racing, there's not much they could have done. I walk a lot for exercise, and I've had a couple of close calls with speeders. If I had kids with me or my dog on the leash, I shudder to think.

by Anonymousreply 31October 1, 2020 11:04 PM

R16 You can despise someone without attempting to drag in an entire group of people who have no connection with her. If she happened to be Christian, would you have said, "Is she one of those Trump loving rich Christians?" I think not, because you are Christian, and you realize her horrendous actions have nothing to do with you. So fuck off, you anti-semitic hate monger.

by Anonymousreply 32October 1, 2020 11:08 PM

Damn, r14. I hate kids but those boys are adorable. I bet she doesn’t serve more than a few years. My lawyer/landlord for my business is an alcoholic, and so is his wife. She got day drunk and killed a kid riding his bike on the street. She was only in jail for 3 years. She had money, a great lawyer, good behavior, and convinced them that she was done drinking. She is back to drinking more than ever, and shows no remorse. Hopefully she doesn’t kill anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 33October 1, 2020 11:08 PM

That Mercedes metal thing on her front bumper is easily fixed. I am afraid there may be some issues with the drive train, though, and that can get expensive. Mercedes dealership can get the proper paint color for the hood.

by Anonymousreply 34October 1, 2020 11:10 PM

R16, I don’t know one Trump loving Jew, and I have dozens of Jewish friends. They see right through him, just like I see right through you.

by Anonymousreply 35October 1, 2020 11:10 PM

R33, would you care if they weren't "adorable" - what a weird thing to say

by Anonymousreply 36October 1, 2020 11:11 PM

The detail about what happened to the second boy is fucked up. Wonder if he could've survived if she didn't run over him a second time?

by Anonymousreply 37October 1, 2020 11:13 PM

This bitch's husband pings to high heaven!

by Anonymousreply 38October 1, 2020 11:14 PM

She’s just suffering from Affluenza

by Anonymousreply 39October 1, 2020 11:16 PM

[QUOTE] The detail about what happened to the second boy is fucked up. Wonder if he could've survived if she didn't run over him a second time?

It’s absolutely possible, and that’s partially why the charge for his death should be upgraded to murder. Textbook case of depraved indifference. This fucking bitch, I’d strangle her to death with my bare hands right now if I could.

by Anonymousreply 40October 1, 2020 11:17 PM

r40=Jack McCoy

by Anonymousreply 41October 1, 2020 11:20 PM

Hang her in the town square!

by Anonymousreply 42October 1, 2020 11:23 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 1, 2020 11:23 PM

$2 million bail, and the bitch is out already.

by Anonymousreply 44October 1, 2020 11:26 PM

Caitlin wasn't drunk driving

by Anonymousreply 45October 1, 2020 11:27 PM

If she was street racing, whoever else was involved needs to be arrested too.

by Anonymousreply 46October 1, 2020 11:27 PM

Enjoy this, bitch...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 1, 2020 11:28 PM

[quote]She has to spend the rest of her life in jail, no?

She's rich, so no.

by Anonymousreply 48October 1, 2020 11:28 PM

R32, oh please, if she were Christian you'd be trumpeting it.

As it is, with that last name, she'll probably walk, the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 49October 1, 2020 11:29 PM

Fry the bitch!

Put her in a giant air fryer so the death is slow and painful!

by Anonymousreply 50October 1, 2020 11:32 PM

[quote]Wonder if he could've survived if she didn't run over him a second time?

Hey Tanya Roberts, if he was on the hood, he didn't get run over a first time until she flung him off.

by Anonymousreply 51October 1, 2020 11:32 PM

I once read a short fiction story where the main character got drunk and ran over and killed a child, and as punishment for killing an innocent was forced to constantly live out the pain and chaos of the child's last moments for all of eternity. Not religious at all but if there were any justice in the universe...

by Anonymousreply 52October 1, 2020 11:33 PM

[quote] JFC if you're going to go out and get shitfaced call a damn Uber to get home

I know, right?

Her husband had to have known she had a drinking problem. Why not hire a hot young driver to chauffeur her entitled ass around town? In this day and age nobody would shame you for doing so. Now she's going to be sued for millions and the attorneys' bills are going to be stratospheric.

R48, don't count on it. Westlake Village is in LA county and the DA is Jackie Lacey, a Black woman raised in the Crenshaw neighborhood. She's the one who brought charges against Harvey Weinstein. No way is she going to let this rich white egotist plead it down. No death penalty in CA, but it's quite possible for her to go away for the rest of her life.

by Anonymousreply 53October 1, 2020 11:34 PM

Outrageous.

If you have money to go drinking you’ve got money to pay for a cab to take you home. No excuses.

Thoughts with the parents of those young lads.

by Anonymousreply 54October 1, 2020 11:34 PM

I wish Biden would vow to change how the system favors the wealthy But of course he's an institutionalist and he thinks rich criminals like his son should get a second chance while the poor should rot in prison for the rest of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 55October 1, 2020 11:36 PM

Supposedly, the airbags deployed and the car automatically shut off. Otherwise, she would have driven on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 1, 2020 11:39 PM

[quote]it's quite possible for her to go away for the rest of her life.

I'll take that bet.

by Anonymousreply 57October 1, 2020 11:40 PM

How much time did Amy Locane get ? This bitch deserves at least twice as much.

by Anonymousreply 58October 1, 2020 11:41 PM

R55, maybe you should be more concerned with rich grifters who get away with tax fraud like the Trumps

by Anonymousreply 59October 1, 2020 11:41 PM

R59, Oh im concerned with him too but he's not the one people expect me to vote for. Biden is.

by Anonymousreply 60October 1, 2020 11:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 1, 2020 11:42 PM

R60 is an idiot

I see the Republicans have invaded the thread, hence the South Park references

by Anonymousreply 62October 1, 2020 11:46 PM

[quote] One more kid and it'd have been three beaner salad.

Wow. Proud of yourself for saying that?

by Anonymousreply 63October 1, 2020 11:51 PM

They're Egyptian, not Mexican.

by Anonymousreply 64October 1, 2020 11:52 PM

Jared Kushner and Benji Netanyahu both are Jewish and seem to like Trump. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 65October 1, 2020 11:54 PM

Benji?

by Anonymousreply 66October 2, 2020 12:01 AM

R30, I seriously doubt this woman was street-racing, Fast and the Furious-style -- unless this is some new trend with rich, entitled fraus.

by Anonymousreply 67October 2, 2020 12:06 AM

[quote]Cops believe speed and alcohol were factors in the crash.

Is that "speed" as in alpha-methylphenethylamine, or "speed" as in driving too fast?

by Anonymousreply 68October 2, 2020 12:07 AM

I hate Rebecca Grossman.

by Anonymousreply 69October 2, 2020 12:11 AM

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 70October 2, 2020 12:11 AM

[quote]Wow. Proud of yourself for saying that?

Depends on how many W&Ws I get.

Do you even know where you are? This isn't FeelGood Field or Warm&Fuzzy Woods.

by Anonymousreply 71October 2, 2020 12:18 AM

She should be lit on fire. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 72October 2, 2020 12:20 AM

Deductions for the public nature of the discipline. That's a bit gauche.

But two for one? Double bonus points. Well played.

by Anonymousreply 73October 2, 2020 12:22 AM

Why am I confusing her with Lizzie Grubman?

by Anonymousreply 74October 2, 2020 12:32 AM

Reminds of when Caitlyn reached over for her Virginia Slim!

by Anonymousreply 75October 2, 2020 12:48 AM

Grossman, who is known for her philanthropy, is the wife of Dr. Peter Grossman, director of the prestigious Grossman Burn Center in West Hills, California, and the son of its founder, Richard Grossman.

Rebecca Grossman is also co-founder and chairwoman of the Grossman Burn Foundation.

....An IRS Audit of that “charity” might provide further charges.

by Anonymousreply 76October 2, 2020 12:56 AM

Anyone know if Leslie Grossman is related in some way. Leslie is the uglier of the two, but a very good actress.

by Anonymousreply 77October 2, 2020 1:01 AM

If you look at the intersection of Triunfo Canyon Road and Saddle Mountain Drive in Westlake Village on google street view, the crosswalk isn't the safest because there is no traffic light and no flashing overhead lights to mark the crosswalk. The accident happened at 7:10 pm, which is after sunset. But maybe the area is well lit with street lamps. If she hadn't been speeding and was sober, she probably would have noticed the pedestrians in time to stop.

by Anonymousreply 78October 2, 2020 1:22 AM

She’s going down no matter what. This one is over the top and no DA is letting this bitch slide.

15 to 20, out in 7. Max.

by Anonymousreply 79October 2, 2020 1:28 AM

This is probably one of the worst incidents I’ve ever heard of.

She ran over the second kid after she braked hard, dislodged his little body from the front end grill, and hit the pedal to the medal as soon as he plunked on the road for her to drive over and make her salon appointment and have drinks with the girls, afterwards? I mean, it had to be REALLY important for her to not stop the first time she ran over the other boy, yes???

Finally, someone who really is worse than Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 80October 2, 2020 1:36 AM

I hit a goddam deer at 50 mph and it did less damage than that. Bitch must have been going 70. And call me old fashioned but growing up in a fairly Jewish suburb, none of them drove German cars. Still doesn’t seem right.

by Anonymousreply 81October 2, 2020 2:28 AM

[quote]growing up in a fairly Jewish suburb, none of them drove German cars. Still doesn’t seem right.

I don't think that's a thing anymore.

by Anonymousreply 82October 2, 2020 2:42 AM

If she was in England she could have claimed diplomatic immunity, flown back to the States and got away with it like I did.

by Anonymousreply 83October 2, 2020 2:56 AM

[quote]If you look at the intersection of Triunfo Canyon Road and Saddle Mountain Drive in Westlake Village on google street view, the crosswalk isn't the safest because there is no traffic light and no flashing overhead lights to mark the crosswalk. The accident happened at 7:10 pm, which is after sunset. But maybe the area is well lit with street lamps. If she hadn't been speeding and was sober, she probably would have noticed the pedestrians in time to stop.

It makes my blood turn cold when ever I see adults supervising very small children walking along very busy highways. Even good drivers get distracted and with the amount of psychos with licenses on the roads it's never worth the risk imo, unless it's completely unavoidable.

by Anonymousreply 84October 2, 2020 3:02 AM

She looks like one of those big, brassy broads who likes the drink.

Orange is the new black, Becky.

by Anonymousreply 85October 2, 2020 3:12 AM

Well, I guess she'll have no shortage of things to atone for next year.

by Anonymousreply 86October 2, 2020 3:21 AM

We have the opposite problem in our neighborhood— distracted parents (instead of distracted divers, though I’m sure we have those too.)

I constantly see dads out with 2-3 young kids under age 8 or so. Kids are all on bikes or scooters and always very wobbly and / or in the middle of the road.

I live in a residential neighborhood, but it’s full of blind corners. So I’ve trained myself to just expect to see kids in the middle of the road when I make a blind turn.

Dads are always shuffling around, staring at their phones. Then they looked all shocked when I stop my car in the middle of the road because their kid is there.

by Anonymousreply 87October 2, 2020 3:25 AM

One of the world richest women and republican donor Jacqueline Mars fell asleep while driving, killing 2 people and injuring 9.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 2, 2020 3:32 AM

R88 She got a misdemeanor and "settled" with the victims. Welcome to our Banana republic.

by Anonymousreply 89October 2, 2020 3:37 AM

I can't believe she didn't stop. That is unconscionable.

by Anonymousreply 90October 2, 2020 3:39 AM

She's gonna pay, a lot.

by Anonymousreply 91October 2, 2020 3:50 AM

So what's your point OP?

by Anonymousreply 92October 2, 2020 4:01 AM

And many, many more, R92.

by Anonymousreply 93October 2, 2020 4:04 AM

Horrific story. Parents lose both children before their very eyes? She should be blacklisted from Nate & Al's and be forced to do community service in a black community.

by Anonymousreply 94October 2, 2020 4:09 AM

Has Somers Farkas released a statement?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 2, 2020 4:25 AM

[quote]She ran over the second kid after she braked hard, dislodged his little body from the front end grill.

She should've left him there for Day of the Dead like truckers do with wreaths for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 96October 2, 2020 4:26 AM

r95, she looks like a victim of both melanoma and anorexia

by Anonymousreply 97October 2, 2020 4:27 AM

DLers, what is Westlake Village like? Its affluent, non?

by Anonymousreply 98October 2, 2020 4:29 AM

Yes, r98.

by Anonymousreply 99October 2, 2020 4:42 AM

Israel often refuses to extradite. She might flee.

by Anonymousreply 100October 2, 2020 4:45 AM

18 months and ten years probation.

There are going to be chain of custody issues if they took any blood.

by Anonymousreply 101October 2, 2020 4:47 AM

[quote]We have the opposite problem in our neighborhood— distracted parents (instead of distracted divers, though I’m sure we have those too.)

r87=Spongebob Squarepants

by Anonymousreply 102October 2, 2020 4:48 AM

While this is not a game of whose tragedy is bigger, Jacqueline Mars was not drunk; did not shake a small child off her hood, crush his body and then keep on going; was apparently appropriately horrified.

Sometimes a horrific accident is a horrific accident.

What this woman did was murder.

by Anonymousreply 103October 2, 2020 5:05 AM

William Holden's adopted daughter lives in Westlake Village. I hate that I know this.

by Anonymousreply 104October 2, 2020 5:11 AM

One of the major reasons I hate LA - having to drive everywhere. We know cars are death traps. The chances of being killed in a car accident exceed so many other ways to die. I refuse to live anywhere that is car dependent like LA.

by Anonymousreply 105October 2, 2020 5:22 AM

Can you idiots see the difference between someone who was drunk and speeding and someone who accidentally kills someone? Accidents do happen, that's why Rebecca Gayheart never went to jail, sometimes accidents happen. Not in this case, but in many others. Falling asleep at the wheel is an accident. Not seeing someone crossing the street is also an accident. it happens. Treating all cases the same is typical of a immature punitive society.

by Anonymousreply 106October 2, 2020 5:39 AM

Is she a friend of Hunter Biden!?

by Anonymousreply 107October 2, 2020 5:41 AM

This bitch is the co-founder and married to the CEO of the Grossman Burn Center.

She should be burned alive. That would be apropos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 2, 2020 5:57 AM

A tragic part of this is that the Grossman Burn Center seems to do good work.

This will taint that activity and wind up hurting even more innocent people.

by Anonymousreply 109October 2, 2020 6:00 AM

This WAS an accident. She didn't intentionally kill anybody.

by Anonymousreply 110October 2, 2020 6:08 AM

Poor little tikes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 2, 2020 6:08 AM

[quote]This WAS an accident. She didn't intentionally kill anybody.

So, just manslaughter then.

by Anonymousreply 112October 2, 2020 7:38 AM

If she were a black woman, they’d throw away the key

by Anonymousreply 113October 2, 2020 8:34 AM

Intent is irrelevant. If you do something innately dangerous and someone dies, it's murder.

by Anonymousreply 114October 2, 2020 8:48 AM

R110 She got behind the wheel of a car drunk.

Enough with the apologies.

by Anonymousreply 115October 2, 2020 8:52 AM

She was drunk. She ran into the boys and one was on her hood as she continued down the street. Until she braked, throwing him to the street in front of her car. Then she proceeded to run over him and stopped a mile down the road. That boy’s brother died later at the hospital. Good luck explaining that to a judge and jury.

by Anonymousreply 116October 2, 2020 8:57 AM

"Intent is irrelevant. If you do something innately dangerous and someone dies, it's murder."

The law doesn't see it that way.

by Anonymousreply 117October 2, 2020 5:12 PM

[quote] Intent is irrelevant. If you do something innately dangerous and someone dies, it's murder.

That's ridiculous, intent is everything and all that matters, no matter how punitive the legal system is. America is way closer to Cuba and North Korea in its punitive system than any other western nation. I won't even get into the bail system that basically decides that the rich can be free to fight for themselves while the poor are incarcerated to make money for the private sector.

That said, there's something to be said about drinking and driving. I personally believe drinking and driving is still an accident, because people under the influence are not in control of what they do, I don't give a fuck if people think I'm wrong. it stands to reason to me that people under the influence of anything that makes them out of it, will do inconsequential things. You can be drunk and plan to call an uber and get on a car regardless if you're too drunk.

Comparing this do sociopaths etc is just typical hyperbole of a punitive society that loves to brag as being free but its actually closed to the dictatorships it usually criticizes.

PS Spare me the whining, I don't drive so the chances I'll be running over someone while intoxicated is zero.

by Anonymousreply 118October 2, 2020 5:32 PM

I'll say this much though, I'm R118, the intent here is in her actions. She could have stopped and helped the child or the family, she run over him and fled away. This intend says more about her character than getting drunk behind the wheel.

by Anonymousreply 119October 2, 2020 5:34 PM

R118 = heavy drinker

by Anonymousreply 120October 2, 2020 6:32 PM

I actually drink very little but I love weed, so do what you will with that. 🍁

by Anonymousreply 121October 2, 2020 6:37 PM

r118 why don't you drive?

by Anonymousreply 122October 2, 2020 6:39 PM

Depraved indifference satisfies the “intent” requirement under some states’ criminal codes.

by Anonymousreply 123October 2, 2020 6:40 PM

[quote] why don't you drive?

I was raised by anarchist parents that hated cars and privileged public transportation so I grew up with a very negative notion of cars and that stuck with me like a religious belief of some sort. Never cared to learn how to drive or get a driver's license and I doubt i ever will. My siblings drive so it's a me thing.

by Anonymousreply 124October 2, 2020 6:48 PM

I agree with the European above - the American blood thirst for vengeance as part of its “justice” system is horrific. What exactly is accomplished by putting someone in jail for 25-30 years vs 3-5 years? With its irrational communal hanging psychology, the justice system in the US is depraved an inhumane - just like the capitalism it worships.

by Anonymousreply 125October 2, 2020 6:51 PM

This woman never intended to kill anyone, it is a civil matter and she can pay. I hope they get her for several million thank you.

by Anonymousreply 126October 2, 2020 6:53 PM

I'm not European, I'm American with a Latino father.

by Anonymousreply 127October 2, 2020 6:55 PM

R125 So you think 3 years would be adequate for killing two children, while deliberately driving drunk? Ask the victims’ family how they’d feel about thar, or do they not matter? She’ll be out in a heartbeat, doing the same behavior over again. The punishment should be meaningful, inflict some kind of hardship or pain on the perpetrator and act as a deterrent. Twenty years minimum would be good, but she, and all drunk drivers, deserve more.

by Anonymousreply 128October 2, 2020 7:08 PM

I can’t fathom that someone so wealthy wouldn’t have a chauffeur. My mom’s friend’s husband was well off from his paving business and she had a chauffeur for years.

by Anonymousreply 129October 2, 2020 7:10 PM

R128 - do you really think sentences are deterrents? That “justice” is “done” 25 years vs 5 years? What about 10 years? What percentage of murders are stopped because the killers fear the sentence? I will never understand the revenge blood thirst that even the most liberal American views as rational and good.

by Anonymousreply 130October 2, 2020 7:16 PM

Feelings are irrelevant, unless you're autistic.

by Anonymousreply 131October 2, 2020 7:18 PM

r124 do you live in the US?

by Anonymousreply 132October 2, 2020 7:19 PM

[quote]the justice system in the US is depraved an inhumane - just like the capitalism it worships.

As you enjoy a standard of living that is possible thanks to capitalism.

by Anonymousreply 133October 2, 2020 7:20 PM

[quote]What exactly is accomplished by putting someone in jail for 25-30 years vs 3-5 years?

Well, in this case it would keep a drunk off the streets longer, keeping her from killing anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 134October 2, 2020 7:21 PM

Of course I do, in the foggy city of angels.

by Anonymousreply 135October 2, 2020 7:21 PM

[quote] As you enjoy a standard of living that is possible thanks to capitalism.

At the cost of millions who can't access that same standard of living in the same country even, but of course you don't really care who's being fucked so you can have your pumpkin latte everyday, do you?

by Anonymousreply 136October 2, 2020 7:23 PM

r136 get off the cross, they need the wood.

And I'm sure you're quite impoverished. **rolls eyes**

by Anonymousreply 137October 2, 2020 7:25 PM

r136 poverty in the US looks pretty damn good compared to poverty in many other countries.

And I'm sorry, some people are just lazy and don't want to work.

by Anonymousreply 138October 2, 2020 7:26 PM

[quote] poverty in the US looks pretty damn good compared to poverty in many other countries. And I'm sorry, some people are just lazy and don't want to work.

Of course you'd say that.

[quote]And I'm sure you're quite impoverished. **rolls eyes**

I'm not. My grandfather was the dean of a university. I never said I was poor, I just happen to be class conscious, something you're not and I bet you're probably a poor worker full of credit card debt to maintain your delusional middle class status, I know the type, you're just like R138.

by Anonymousreply 139October 2, 2020 7:36 PM

No debt, and I've worked hard. People like you who are oh-so-above-it-all yet reap the benefits of they system they hate are such tiresome bores.

by Anonymousreply 140October 2, 2020 7:37 PM

R139 spits on the American class system- don't you know who his grandfather was!?

by Anonymousreply 141October 2, 2020 7:42 PM

[quote] but of course you don't really care who's being fucked so you can have your pumpkin latte everyday, do you?

So when are you going to give up your earthly possessions to the less fortunate and go live in the woods?

by Anonymousreply 142October 2, 2020 7:42 PM

Of course privileged people reap the benefits of an unfair system, which is why we are against it.

I can't help I was born privileged, I can help to change the system that causes this absurdity. You're just an idiot cog of the machine, someone who'll die crushed by it while shouting how proud you are that you worked HARD to extend the limits of your shackles.

I don't need to give up possessions to live in the woods, Im not a monk, I'm a slave like you, I just own it.

On a footnote my grandfather did leave most of his wealth to the poor, so at least he literally put his money where his mouth was.

by Anonymousreply 143October 2, 2020 7:49 PM

Sorry r143 you're wrong on all counts about me. Stop being so judgy. Assumptions are the enemy of thought.

by Anonymousreply 144October 2, 2020 7:54 PM

Contrary to what some people are insisting on this thread, the woman needs to be held accountable. This is a textbook case of willful negligence or wanton recklessness, where she caused an accident because she conducted herself in such a manner or behaved in a way that she should have known was grossly irresponsible or dangerous. The legal definition is referred to as manslaughter or negligent homicide, which means, as opposed to murder, that there was no intent or premeditation, but that the person has to be held accountable for what happened.

According to police, alcohol was involved and she was speeding. Grossman had no intent or premeditation to kill anyone, but she surely should've have realized the potential consequences of her choice to drink that day, and then get into and drive a car immediately afterwards. This is an accident that she caused that deserves lengthy punishment due to the loss of two lives, which would've never occurred had she had not been reckless. It was by no means something totally beyond her control. And, the fact that she slammed on her brakes and ran over one of the children in a panic to escape the scene is as damning as it gets.

by Anonymousreply 145October 2, 2020 8:09 PM

[quote]What exactly is accomplished by putting someone in jail for 25-30 years vs 3-5 years?

Well if that's your logic than why put them in jail at all?

by Anonymousreply 146October 2, 2020 8:12 PM

hold her checkbook VERY accountable

by Anonymousreply 147October 2, 2020 8:24 PM

Why is everyone making a big deal of this? This is America, she’s obviously not going to jail! This is a rich white lady who had an unfortunate experience while out driving. She’ll get over it. It’s not like she’s a real criminal like that black lady who lied about her residence to get her kids into a good school.

by Anonymousreply 148October 2, 2020 8:46 PM

R130 are you fucking serious? Longer sentences are a more severe punishment, a more severe punishment has a more severe affect on the criminal's life, much like her irresponsibility had in the children's lives whom she drunkenly ran over. It also keeps dangerous individuals like this woman off the streets longer. If you don't understand this basic principle or logic then you need serious psychological help.

by Anonymousreply 149October 2, 2020 10:04 PM

It’s been weeks and the change for that second child hasn’t been upgraded to murder?

by Anonymousreply 150October 13, 2020 9:18 PM

[QUOTE] It’s been weeks and the charge* for that second child hasn’t been upgraded to murder?

by Anonymousreply 151October 13, 2020 9:43 PM

Is DUI a felony? Get her with felony murder.

by Anonymousreply 152October 13, 2020 10:08 PM

Chaotic driving is the best interracial sport!

by Anonymousreply 153October 13, 2020 10:27 PM

R118. The standards in American Jurisprudence are: Intentionally, Knowingly, Recklessly, and Negligently. These concepts exist in many countries outside the US. They will probably allege Recklessly and ask for prison time. The length of the sentence will be in direct relation to the outcome of the lawsuit. Hopefully the family has retained a reputable attorney.

by Anonymousreply 154October 13, 2020 11:56 PM

I live in LA and hadn't heard of this until now. She won't, but she deserves to fry. There's no excuse for driving drunk, especially a bitch like this who could get a chartered helicopter if she wanted.

And after hitting them, she doesn't stop and try to help, but she flees the scene and kills the second child.

Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 155October 14, 2020 12:54 AM

I’m perplexed at the utter lack of attention paid to this story. Maybe it’s the election and Corona which sucks up everything like a vacuum. Or maybe her and her husband have such great PR people keeping a lid on it, but I don’t see how you keep a lid on murdering two innocent boys.

by Anonymousreply 156October 14, 2020 1:07 PM

This is a damn shame....one of the boys looks like he had the potential to grow up hot!

by Anonymousreply 157October 14, 2020 1:28 PM

Criminal investigation status

The first comment of the meeting was made by Lt. Joe Fender of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office, who gave a brief update to the criminal investigation stemming from the fatal crash.

The driver of the vehicle, Rebecca Grossman, 57, was arrested the night of the crash on suspicion of gross vehicular manslaughter, felony driving under the influence and felony hit and run, according to Fender. She posted $2 million bail and is due to be in court for a preliminary arraignment hearing on Oct. 21.

More:UPDATED: Two children killed after getting struck by car in Westlake Village; driver arrested

Grossman is the wife of Los Angeles-based plastic surgeon Dr. Peter Grossman and the daughter-in-law of Dr. A. Richard Grossman, the founder of the Grossman Burn Centers, which treat burn victims in Los Angeles, Bakersfield and Kansas City, Missouri.

Fender said sheriff deputies were working closely with the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office and California Highway Patrol in conducting their criminal investigation. He mentioned investigators believe both alcohol and speed were factors in the crash and that there were several eyewitnesses to the incident.

by Anonymousreply 158October 14, 2020 1:37 PM

[QUOTE] This is a damn shame....one of the boys looks like he had the potential to grow up hot!

Gross.

by Anonymousreply 159October 14, 2020 1:39 PM

[Quote]Or maybe her and her husband have such ...

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 160October 14, 2020 2:59 PM

Zero consequences, right?

by Anonymousreply 161October 14, 2020 3:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 26, 2020 5:04 PM

Do you have a link R162? The one you posted is from last month.

by Anonymousreply 163October 26, 2020 5:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 26, 2020 6:30 PM

Hey, don't forget me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165October 26, 2020 7:35 PM

co-founder of the Grossman Burn Foundation was charged with murder and other counts for allegedly running over two young boys in Westlake Village.

Rebecca Grossman, 57, of Hidden Hills, is set to be arraigned in a Van Nuys courtroom on two felony counts each of murder and vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence, along with one felony count of hit-and-run driving resulting in death.

The crash occurred Sept. 29 on Triunfo Canyon Road in Westlake Village.

Mark Iskander, 11, and 8-year-old Jacob Iskander were crossing the street in a marked crosswalk with their parents when they were struck. Sheriff's officials said six family members were crossing the three-way intersection -- which does not have a stoplight -- when the mother heard a car speeding toward them and both parents reached out to protect two of their children.

The two boys were too far out in the intersection and were struck, the sheriff's department said. The older boy died at the scene and his 8-year-old sibling died at a hospital.

Grossman is accused of leaving the scene before she stopped about one-quarter mile from the site of the crash when her engine cut out, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

She faces up to 34 years to life in state prison, if convicted.

Grossman was arrested after the crash but was released on Oct. 1 after posting bond, according to jail records.

Grossman is the wife of Dr. Peter Grossman, who is the director of the Grossman Burn Center in West Hills and son of the center's late founder, A. Richard Grossman. Rebecca Grossman is also co-founder and chairwoman of the Grossman Burn Foundation, and the former publisher of Westlake Magazine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166December 30, 2020 7:13 PM

Jesus Christ.

Put that cunt in prison for life. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 167December 30, 2020 7:14 PM

Thank God, she was charged with murder! YES!

by Anonymousreply 168December 30, 2020 9:24 PM

My grandfather, an alcoholic with PTSD and chronic pain, accidentally killed someone (a middle-aged gent, another drunkard) while driving intoxicated. He turned himself in straight away, and got a very light sentence for manslaughter. Once free, he never drove again, refused to leave the house, and essentially drank himself morosely and quite purposely to an early death.

Then again, he was poor and had half a heart, albeit a bit of blackened bleak one. This doesn't seem to be the case, here.

by Anonymousreply 169December 30, 2020 9:29 PM

This case: entitled white person

by Anonymousreply 170December 30, 2020 9:31 PM

cunt's headed for the slammer

by Anonymousreply 171December 30, 2020 9:36 PM

[quote]R69 I hate Rebecca Grossman.

I hate Rebecca Gayheart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172December 30, 2020 10:06 PM

People like her don’t do prison. She’s going to get probation and a fine.

by Anonymousreply 173December 30, 2020 10:09 PM

No way. This bitch is going down.

by Anonymousreply 174December 30, 2020 11:40 PM

Calm down people. I can order two dozen more and have them here by Friday.

by Anonymousreply 175December 31, 2020 12:04 AM

If this goes to trial, she'll be acquitted because they've overcharged her

by Anonymousreply 176December 31, 2020 12:13 AM

Moi-der she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 31, 2020 12:15 AM

R176 My thoughts exactly. I bet she pleads to a lesser charge and gets a slap on the wrist. Was this done deliberately by the DA’s office? Are there dirty games at play?

by Anonymousreply 178December 31, 2020 9:31 AM

She's white and rich in Beverly Hills. She'll get a fine and told to not do it again.

by Anonymousreply 179December 31, 2020 10:11 AM

can’t imagine how the parents and siblings felt seeing those boys got dragged and killed right in front of their eyes.

by Anonymousreply 180December 31, 2020 10:59 AM

[QUOTE] If this goes to trial, she'll be acquitted because they've overcharged her

How the fuck did they overcharge her? Did you miss the part where she had one boy on the hood of her car, pumped the brakes so he’d roll off in front of her, and then accelerated, running him over to flee the scene? You fucking prick. If it were up to me, I’d stick this cunt in the electric chair with you sitting on her lap.

by Anonymousreply 181December 31, 2020 11:58 AM

r36 because on DL it is All about looks.

by Anonymousreply 182December 31, 2020 12:09 PM

Poor little angels. She's the fucking devil and deserves to burn in hell for all eternity. She DROVE 100 feet with one of those kids STUCK to her grill, THEN ran him down when he was detached. AND having the whole family watch the incident as well? I couldn't imagine...No wonder I hold my 10 year old's hand whenever we are outside! If ANYTHING were to happen to him, I'd be unconsolable.

by Anonymousreply 183December 31, 2020 12:40 PM

[quote] If this goes to trial, she'll be acquitted because they've overcharged her

This isn't about a dress at Macy's you moron. This is two little boys' lives.

by Anonymousreply 184December 31, 2020 12:42 PM

[quote] She DROVE 100 feet with one of those kids STUCK to her grill, THEN ran him down when he was detached. AND having the whole family watch the incident as well.

And I thought I was hardcore.

by Anonymousreply 185December 31, 2020 12:43 PM

I hope she gets the death penalty and the execution is done with a car.

by Anonymousreply 186December 31, 2020 12:51 PM

She should lose a limb for each child she killed and each child she didn't kill in that family.

by Anonymousreply 187December 31, 2020 1:26 PM

The kids are brown.

She’ll get 6 months of probation

by Anonymousreply 188December 31, 2020 1:36 PM

With her money, that trial will be three years away at least.

by Anonymousreply 189December 31, 2020 4:00 PM

Maybe she’ll do us all a favor and commit suicide before the trial even start.

by Anonymousreply 190December 31, 2020 4:13 PM

[quote] How the fuck did they overcharge her? Did you miss the part where she had one boy on the hood of her car, pumped the brakes so he’d roll off in front of her, and then accelerated, running him over to flee the scene?

I didn't miss a thing. I just know California juries love rich people. They will not convict her of murder. Most people think of murder as a premeditated act. All she needs is one person on the jury. If the judge allows the jury to convict on lesser charges, she might get convicted (of vehicular manslaughter or reckless driving). Watch this woman's lawyers to start blaming the family and blaming the police lab

I didn't say I want her to get acquitted. I think it's disgusting. But, this is what is going to happen. And it was a gift from the prosecutor's office. I don't think she will go to jail for murder. Her rich friends and business associates won't give a shit either

She'll easily spend $1 million to defend herself

by Anonymousreply 191December 31, 2020 5:55 PM

Papa Bear, ten is too old for parental handholding.

by Anonymousreply 192December 31, 2020 6:17 PM

R56 At least the Mercedes has a conscience.

by Anonymousreply 193December 31, 2020 6:26 PM

Causing the death of another while driving your car is a very shameful thing. It's a stigma that damages your reputation for the rest of your life. If you are at all "normal" it's also a terrible thing that might destroy your health and well-being.

Anyone who gets behind a wheel drunk in this age knows exactly what they are doing. It's a very damaged alcoholic who continues to drive even after one DUI or accident caused while intoxicated.

Grossman's life is hell now. If not imprisoned until old age, she will forever be marked with the abhorrent recklessness that cost two children their lives. If I had done what she did I would be in absolute agony.

I can't imagine the grief of the surviving parents and children after that tragic experience.

I knew a man who liked to speed, was passing a slower driver, and killed a teenager in the process. When I learned that about him I was disgusted. He was not a bad man, quite amiable in fact, but to act so irresponsibly while driving just to get somewhere quicker is a true failing of decency. His life did not end well, though. He had a stroke and was paralyzed by it, living six years in pain and discomfort. An odd sort of justice in a way.

by Anonymousreply 194December 31, 2020 6:39 PM

I hate this story. I wish things like this didn't happen. Jesus.

But, I agree with R13. We are cruel to each other. We show zero empathy. People sometimes do stupid things, and most everyone gets away with it. But we sure are punitive to the ones that don't.

by Anonymousreply 195December 31, 2020 6:40 PM

R195 I agree r13 about how cruel we are to one another and act like we don’t need context to make a decision but his reply ended like you would expect from a typically cold European.

“Shit happens.”

No, you’re friend was partying and killed someone. That’s the context.

by Anonymousreply 196December 31, 2020 7:03 PM

I don’t care how wealthy she is. I don’t see her getting away with a slap on the wrist for this.

The detail about the boy on her hood and breaking to get him off? Good God. No judge or jury alive will let Princess just away from this.

Kind of sad how many people here have given up on justice.

by Anonymousreply 197December 31, 2020 7:06 PM

I'm confused about this. Is she in custody? I was under the impression that they didn't allow bail on murder charges in LA County. Does anyone actually know if she will be in custody until trial?

by Anonymousreply 198December 31, 2020 8:02 PM

Even though this nasty bitch deserves those charges, I will be shocked if they stick.

by Anonymousreply 199December 31, 2020 8:15 PM

R198: Grossman was arrested after the crash but was released on Oct. 1 after posting bond, according to jail records.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 31, 2020 8:26 PM

She must have been drunk to have driven off. What an idiot

by Anonymousreply 201December 31, 2020 8:27 PM

Wouldn't she be considered a flight risk?

by Anonymousreply 202December 31, 2020 8:33 PM

They need to bring in Brenda Leigh Johnson to get her to confess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203December 31, 2020 9:19 PM

She needs a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 204December 31, 2020 10:48 PM

"Drunken Socialite" would be a great name for a cocktail.

by Anonymousreply 205December 31, 2020 11:02 PM

I want her to die, and I’m sure I’m not alone in my sentiment.

by Anonymousreply 206December 31, 2020 11:04 PM

I am fucking amazed at idiots who drink and drive. I wouldn’t get behind the wheel if I only drank one glass of wine. Ubers are really not that expensive.

by Anonymousreply 207December 31, 2020 11:08 PM

R207 amen sister!

by Anonymousreply 208December 31, 2020 11:18 PM

I was wondering why this old story was all over the news again, and then I realized I was confusing it with ANOTHER rich blonde drunk asshole whose last name begins with G and who uses her car as a weapon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209December 31, 2020 11:22 PM

Compare this to when David Crosby hit a pedestrian while driving in Santa Ynez, calling 911 in a panic. Audio at link. What. kind of sub-human person doesn't pull over when you have clearly SMASHED someone with your car??!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210January 1, 2021 4:19 PM

Sorry -- audio at this link!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211January 1, 2021 4:20 PM

OMG. The link is here!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212January 1, 2021 4:21 PM

She'll never do time. She's rich and look at her last name.

by Anonymousreply 213January 1, 2021 4:43 PM

She made the movie, “ Stop Violence Against Women Globally”.

by Anonymousreply 214January 1, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote] I wouldn’t get behind the wheel if I only drank one glass of wine.

When you’re drunk you do all sorts of things.

by Anonymousreply 215January 1, 2021 4:48 PM

Oops!

by Anonymousreply 216January 1, 2021 4:49 PM

R209 Lizzie has 588k Instagram followers so clearly she didn’t skip a beat.

by Anonymousreply 217January 2, 2021 2:31 AM

If karma were real, she’ll be paralyzed by the new strain of Covid soon. Like, quadriplegic-style.

Disgusting cunt.

by Anonymousreply 218January 2, 2021 3:19 AM

A socialite in Westlake Village? How droll.

(And, yes, what a cunt).

by Anonymousreply 219January 2, 2021 3:33 AM

Naturally, she's a Repug. Scroll down to Personal Details.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220January 4, 2021 11:04 PM

Look how she’s going to evade a conviction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221March 13, 2021 2:43 AM

[quote]vehicular manslaughter

More like vehicular womanslaughter in this case. Dumb broad. This is why I became a man.

by Anonymousreply 222March 13, 2021 2:46 AM

If this happened in Canada, she’d get counseling in a clinic for a few months and then be set free as long as she goes to AA once a week.

If it happened in the UK, same thing, but they’d also give her a new identity and a generous weekly stipend for life.

by Anonymousreply 223March 13, 2021 2:53 AM

"Grossman was said to be racing her friend, former Dodgers pitcher Scott Erickson, who was later charged with misdemeanor reckless driving for his involvement."

Lock her up, throw away the key and fuck her with an old broom

by Anonymousreply 224March 13, 2021 2:54 AM

[quote]This woman never intended to kill anyone, it is a civil matter and she can pay. I hope they get her for several million thank you.

If she had gotten out of her car and checked to see if they were ok: she can pay.

If she runs over a kid while trying to get away and run from the consequences because she cares more about herself than other people... yeah, I hope the same thing that you all hope happens to men in prison happens to her in prison. :)

by Anonymousreply 225March 13, 2021 4:26 AM

Any consequences at all? No?

by Anonymousreply 226July 9, 2021 8:23 PM

R226 This bitch probably never met a consequence in her life!

by Anonymousreply 227July 9, 2021 8:27 PM

The boys' father and I work for the same employer, who took up a collection for the funerals, but probably directly supported the family in other ways not disclosed.But those kids are gone.

The cunt's rich father in law ran a chain of for-profit plastic surgery centers that also treated burn victims, which she turned into a vanity fundraising charity for her own social climbing and visibility. Of course she's a selfish Repugnucunt. The very first thing I heard after the tragedy is that she's DUI'd before and always lawyered up and went free.

by Anonymousreply 228July 16, 2021 6:33 AM

Any court dates set?

by Anonymousreply 229July 16, 2021 6:40 AM

[quote] Grossman was said to be racing her friend, former Dodgers pitcher Scott Erickson, who was later charged with misdemeanor reckless driving for his involvement." Lock her up, throw away the key and fuck her with an old broom

Yes, and no lube either

by Anonymousreply 230July 16, 2021 7:10 AM

Over a year later and nothing. It’s unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 231October 27, 2021 6:22 PM

R44 that's $200,000 in jail talk....a drop in the bucket for these rich fuqutards

by Anonymousreply 232October 27, 2021 6:45 PM

^^The most recent thing I could find online was a continuance was granted in July, forcing a September court date. September has come and gone...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233October 27, 2021 7:03 PM

Is she related to Lizzie Grubman?

by Anonymousreply 234October 27, 2021 7:10 PM

Your honor, we move for dismissal. It's been more than a year. My client no longer feels bad. In fact, she doesn't even remember what she's supposed to feel bad about. That is no basis for a charge let alone a show trial.

by Anonymousreply 235October 27, 2021 7:37 PM

She should be locked up for at LEAST 19 years (11+8)!

by Anonymousreply 236October 27, 2021 7:38 PM

I think she might deserve a nice weekend away on Indian Island, off the coast of Devon, what?

by Anonymousreply 237October 27, 2021 7:40 PM

You just know Rebecca thinks she looks like Christy Brinkley.

by Anonymousreply 238October 27, 2021 8:32 PM

More recent article but there is sill no resolution.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239October 27, 2021 10:16 PM

Zero consequences. As expected.

by Anonymousreply 240October 27, 2021 10:25 PM

Those children were genuinely lovely.

by Anonymousreply 241October 27, 2021 11:03 PM

Stop bullying Rebecca Grossman!

by Anonymousreply 242October 29, 2021 3:08 PM

I hate that the article refers to it as a tragic accident. It's not a fucking accident if the driver is drunk and speeding. Call it reckless hit and run which accurately describes what actually happened. Or a car crash against pedestrians.

by Anonymousreply 243October 29, 2021 3:49 PM

Update:

Hidden Hills resident Rebecca Grossman, accused of running over and killing two Westlake Village children while allegedly street racing, showed up in court Wednesday to get a date for a preliminary hearing. However, her attorney was seriously ill and unable to continue so the judge agreed to postpone the case once again, but said, “It’s been a year and two months since it happened. The victims’ family needs this case to go forward. Two counts of murder will take a while to get a preliminary hearing but not this long.” He urged Grossman to find a new attorney who will treat the case as a priority and will be prepared for a preliminary hearing no later than March 2022. Grossman was charged with two counts of murder, two counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence and one count of hit-and-run driving resulting in death for the September 2020 crash that killed Mark and Jacob Iskander in a Westlake Village crosswalk. She has been free for the last year on $2 million bail.

by Anonymousreply 244December 3, 2021 2:01 AM

Thank you so much for the update. I've been following this case due to its sheer horror but also because a family member and I share the same employer but I'm in a different location and do not know them personally. Shortly after it happened, I discussed it with another colleague at that site who said that this rich bitch had gotten off previous DUI's by lawyering up heavily, but that hasn't made it into the news. She's still doing it. Republicunt.

by Anonymousreply 245December 3, 2021 2:41 AM

Article from R239 is so horribly sad. Those poor parents seeing their boys die like that. The father ran to the one dragged down the road and tried to perform mouth-to-mouth but he died at the scene.

Horrible. Shows how life can change in an instant. They were going for an early evening walk as a family, went to a crosswalk and looked both ways and boom - two of the kids dead.

Very scary.

by Anonymousreply 246December 3, 2021 3:00 AM

I feel your pain

by Anonymousreply 247December 3, 2021 3:08 AM

What's the fuss about?

Kids are ANNOYING and kill any buzz.

Wait. Does fuzz and buzz RHYME???

by Anonymousreply 248December 3, 2021 3:13 AM

Please keep us posted about this if you have any updates. Beyond dreadful. This bitch should rot in jail. The PR firm who frames this as "tragic accident" should be sued as well.

by Anonymousreply 249December 3, 2021 8:56 AM

It's terrible...one thing to hit someone, but you stop. You hear of a lot of hit and runs on the news every day. She must have seen the boy she hit on the hood of her car, but slams on the brakes to get him off, then runs over him again. Fucking stone cold and heartless. She made sure he was dead. Her privilege will probably give her a slap on the wrist..expensive lawyers. She deserves prison time.

by Anonymousreply 250December 3, 2021 10:19 AM

There should be a GoFundMe to take out a hit on her. She needs to be wacked.

by Anonymousreply 251December 3, 2021 5:06 PM

Whoever bumped this thread, thank you. I totally forgot about this whore and her misdeeds should never be forgotten. As a few others above have said, I don't think there is a chance this will be a slap-on -the-wrist resolution. I do think the murder charge is a stretch though. But her recklessness is without doubt criminal. I know a few people like Grossman and they really are disgusting trash who have no business being on this earth, despite their "accomplishments." R251, I have long thought there needs to he a group of wealthy do-gooders who can infiltrate the parts of society where these people exist so they can be discreetly assassinated. I really want some rich-bitch SJW to poison this Grossman's vodka red bull. If I had the money, I would organize it, kind of like a posher, sexier version of Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 252December 3, 2021 5:29 PM

More BS stalling. She’s really a piece of work. At least this article uses the word “boyfriend”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253December 11, 2021 5:31 PM

In other countries she'd already have been tried and punished. Within months of the incident. Death penalty.

But in America? Rich and white? Not even a trial for years. Then a fine, probation, and required AA meetings.

by Anonymousreply 254December 11, 2021 5:46 PM

[quote] In other countries she'd already have been tried and punished. Within months of the incident. Death penalty.

Only the best countries have the death penalty-- Iran, Saudi Arabia, China, Pakistan, Israel, and Sudan. THEY understand American values! Maybe we should send a congressional fact-finding mission to Saudi Arabia so we can learn how to speedily implement the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 255December 11, 2021 5:51 PM

R13 three years isnt shit. I cant understand how you could care less about the murder of two young children because the murderer was drunk. Unfrickinbelievable

by Anonymousreply 256December 11, 2021 5:51 PM

I liked this story better when it was set in New York and starred Tom Hanks.

by Anonymousreply 257December 11, 2021 5:55 PM

R255 is a rich white person who's protected by our current system. Privileged.

by Anonymousreply 258December 11, 2021 6:13 PM

[quote] How could you live with the guilt?

Oh, you'd be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 259December 11, 2021 6:21 PM

Give this cunt the electric chair.

by Anonymousreply 260December 11, 2021 6:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261January 8, 2022 6:44 AM

She needs a Blanche ending.

by Anonymousreply 262January 8, 2022 6:54 AM

Bitches please! This isn't my first time at rodeo, I've done it before and gotten away with it, so you all can just go fuck yourselves....

by Anonymousreply 263January 8, 2022 7:23 AM

The preliminary hearing is scheduled a full year and a half after the hit and run. Well, small miracles.

Is her husband standing by her? She was out drinking with her boyfriend. Does she have money of her own or will she rely on his wealth for her defense?

by Anonymousreply 264January 8, 2022 7:28 AM

The accident was hitting the two boys. The unforgivable crime was to keep driving, brake, then drive over the kid (which is probably what killed him).

I'd put a bullet in her myself if I could. If i were a family member, I'd get a loud speaker and every once in a while, drive up to their house and read the details of the police report for a few minutes so that she and her neighbors could hear, over and over, what she did.

by Anonymousreply 265January 8, 2022 7:48 AM

It's January 2022. Any updates? Has anyone done as R265 suggested already? Please tell me she's rotting in hell.

by Anonymousreply 266January 8, 2022 7:56 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267January 8, 2022 8:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268January 8, 2022 8:08 AM

Compare what happened (or didn't happen) to this bitch to Ghislane Maxwell, who couldn't even get bail and spent over a year in jail just waiting for her trial. And none of her victims died.

Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 269January 8, 2022 8:26 AM

Just sayin what, R269?

by Anonymousreply 270January 8, 2022 11:46 AM

"A friend in Switzerland killed two kids while driving home from clubbing. It was raining, he'd been drinking and the kids were riding illegally (2 on a moped) on the auto route.

He received 3 years of prison. Shit happens."

"Shit happens" is when a deer runs into the road, sober driver swerves to avoid deer, and hits another car.

Asshole who deserves very long prison sentence is when a friend in Switzerland drives home drunk in the rain and kills two people.

But the Swiss were the bankers for the Nazis, so what else would you expect.

by Anonymousreply 271January 8, 2022 12:08 PM

New info

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272January 13, 2022 9:33 PM

Oh well, accidents happen!

by Anonymousreply 273January 13, 2022 9:42 PM

^Please stop.

by Anonymousreply 274January 13, 2022 9:59 PM

Ok first I'll offer my condolences to the parents. It's got to be horrific to watch that socialite just mow down two kids.

Second Rebecca Grossman is going to prison for this one. Mark my words. That said it figures she mowed them down in a Mercedes Benz. I've noted the more egregious behavior on the roadways to be committed by the owners of various models of Mercedes Benz..

by Anonymousreply 275January 13, 2022 10:03 PM

[quote] I've noted the more egregious behavior on the roadways to be committed by the owners of various models of Mercedes Benz..

Hold my Heineken

by Anonymousreply 276January 14, 2022 11:49 AM

The people defending shitty murdering drivers and attacking pedestrians in this thread are sick. Just like the horrible people who were attacking bicyclists in other threads where they were murdered/severely injured by some shit for brains driver. Fuck drivers.

by Anonymousreply 277January 14, 2022 12:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278March 10, 2022 7:58 AM

What a travesty of justice, just unacceptable. This grown woman was driving drunk and STREET RACING! Seriously, you cunt? Not aging well, is she? This spoiled, entitled, repulsive pos is an example of our broken, corrupt justice system. Money talks, the guilty walk. The rich have destroyed this country. They have bought up all of the real estate, they own the justice system, everything. They are pricing the rest of us into poverty and homelessness. And they can kill us and not even get arrested. We truly are their prey now. If we do not find a way to stand together and fight them and not each other like they want ,democracy is doomed. If fascist, Putin worshipping republicans gain control again, democracy is over. We will be Russia. Anyone voting Republican now is voting to end democracy and are traitors to this country. Then it will be cunts like her that we will be at the mercy of.

by Anonymousreply 279March 10, 2022 8:31 AM

She’s gonna have to eat cunt and get held down and ate there in the pen

by Anonymousreply 280March 10, 2022 8:37 AM

Update:

Grossman Prelimary Hearing Set for April 25

A preliminary hearing for Rebecca Grossman has been set for April 25. The hearing will determine whether the evidence merits a trial in the case, where Grossman is accused of second-degree murder and vehicular manslaughter in the 2020 deaths of Mark and Jacob Iskander in a crosswalk in Westlake Village. Reportedly Grossman plans to attack the credibility of law enforcement in her case as part of her defense, filing a motion that police lied or used excessive force in the arrest.

by Anonymousreply 281March 11, 2022 2:11 PM

Fuck a trial. Stick this bitch right in the electric chair.

by Anonymousreply 282March 11, 2022 3:46 PM

These legal proceedings are moving like molasses. She killed those kids two years ago and they’re still waiting to see if there is enough evidence to put her on trial? Uh, aren’t the eyewitnesses and busted up Mercedes evidence enough? Damn, the “justice” money can buy…if we could all be so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 283March 11, 2022 4:06 PM

Idk how their poor mother restrains herself from throwing acid in the cunts face.

by Anonymousreply 284March 11, 2022 5:43 PM

Update 4/21/22:

Attorneys Ask for Media Ban in Grossman Hearing set for 4/25.

by Anonymousreply 285April 22, 2022 4:00 PM

Blonde, white and rich = Probation.

by Anonymousreply 286April 22, 2022 4:05 PM

How rich is she? How much will she pay the family? Can they wipe her out? That's the only punishment that will give this woman a clue she might have done something wrong.

by Anonymousreply 287April 22, 2022 4:16 PM

Remember this b!tch, Chante Ballard?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288April 22, 2022 4:45 PM

What about her, R288?

by Anonymousreply 289April 22, 2022 5:19 PM

She’s going to prison

by Anonymousreply 290April 22, 2022 5:27 PM

I forgot about this horrifying case. Disgusting criminal drunken woman. Sickening. No matter what punishment she gets, she will forever be a pariah. Anyone who knows her will look at her and think "drunken child killer."

I hope it's a comfort for the parents of the two boys that they have two younger children to care for. The immediacy of the kids needs would be a distraction although the horror of violently losing the older ones before their eyes will be a tragedy they'll carry forever.

by Anonymousreply 291April 22, 2022 5:27 PM

I've moved on from a visible position in local government. Alcohol was eventually banned from government-run public events because of the liability and risk from people leaving the premises drunk. Several people in public positions were arrested for DUIs and they were publicly shamed in the press and soon after left their positions in disgrace.

It was a lesson for the rest of us. My friends and I enjoyed many cocktails hours together but after the last drunken accident caused by a tourist (I'm in Wine Country) that killed two elderly women, I've never driven even the least bit tipsy. It's just not worth the damage you can do to others or yourself. Now, we always have a designated driver or drink at home.

That this woman was in her 50s and connected to an esteemed health center, is mind boggling. Very irresponsible. It looks like she was trying to impress the baseball player. What an immature idiot.

by Anonymousreply 292April 22, 2022 5:35 PM

She was also an awful person. The homeless man she hit was stuck in her windshield...he was still alive, in a great deal of pain, and begging for help. She parked her car in her garage, shut the garage door, went inside, and let him die a slow, painful death. She then discarded his body in a park. The family of the homeless man publicly forgave her. She got 50 years; I hope Grossman gets the same...or more.

by Anonymousreply 293April 22, 2022 5:36 PM

R293 is R288. My response is to R289.

by Anonymousreply 294April 22, 2022 5:37 PM

[quote]You Americans are cruel to each other. Rarely do you empathize or take into consideration the full picture.

We're supposed to "empathize" with a woman who ran over the kid AGAIN after he'd fallen off the hood of her car? Maybe YOU should "take into consideration" that driving while so drunk that you refuse to stop after you repeatedly hit victims is incredibly stupid and irresponsible.

by Anonymousreply 295April 23, 2022 2:17 AM

[quote]This WAS an accident. She didn't intentionally kill anybody.

She started driving again after a boy fell off the hood of her car and she ran over him. If she was so inebriated that she didn't have the sense to stop, that is CARELESSNESS, not an accident.

People on here talking about how depraved Americans are for wanting a negligent drunk to be kept off the road for as long as possible, have probably never seen a mangled body up close. I have, and I can assure you that it isn't just "bloodthirst" that makes people want this clueless bitch to do time.

She's way too old to pretend she doesn't know that drunk driving kills people, and she's way too affluent to say she couldn't afford an Uber. Let's not make excuses with soft language like "accident" when it's actually callous indifference and denial that caused this.

by Anonymousreply 296April 23, 2022 2:46 AM

They are now throwing the book at vehicular homicide perps. She going to get 20 years

by Anonymousreply 297April 23, 2022 5:36 AM

She should get 20 years in a men’s prison.

by Anonymousreply 298April 23, 2022 8:44 PM

R293, That incident reminds me of Creepshow 2 with Lois Chiles hitting a homeless man with her Mercedes.

by Anonymousreply 299April 23, 2022 9:14 PM

I bet the piece of shit district attorney is thinking of ways to drop some charges and downgrade the others.

He absolutely LOVES criminals and hates putting them in jail.

by Anonymousreply 300April 24, 2022 8:56 AM

Today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301April 26, 2022 1:01 PM

This Grossman person sounds like an unaware, unprincipled, entitled ass but as a recovering alcoholic it was only luck that i didn't kill someone driving drunk.

My shame over this will, and needs to be, endured and felt til the end of my days.

by Anonymousreply 302April 26, 2022 1:32 PM

Me too, r302. It’s a miracle that I didn’t kill myself or someone else. I honestly would’ve killed myself immediately if I killed or injured someone badly while drunk. I don’t know how this woman lives with herself…it makes me wonder if she’s still drinking, or maybe she’s just a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 303April 26, 2022 2:23 PM

R303 Yup. I think that I would kill myself in that situation but truthfully it's more likely I would keep drinking. Alcohol is poison.

I had a dream the other night after a day of nostalgic thinking about how alcohol is fun and drinking moderately might be possible. Fleeting impulse but probably will always be there. In the dream I was sitting on the ground and a woman walked up with a fucking alligator on a leash. It was eye level with me and I was frozen in fear. I am terrified of alligators, the way they are submerged and hidden yet move fast when they sense prey. I quickly felt rage at the woman who was laughing and insisting her beast was quite harmless. As an alcoholic you probably know where this is going. The beast will hurt you even if it's on a leash (moderate drinking) and the "Karen" who thinks she can control everything is more dangerous than the alligator, who is just being himself.

by Anonymousreply 304April 26, 2022 2:44 PM

Rebecca Grossman was tailing a friend's SUV and driving as fast as 81 mph on a Westlake Village road before she fatally hit two young brothers in a crosswalk, witnesses testified Tuesday.

After striking the boys, sending one child flying into the air, she braked for only a second but did not stop, according to the testimony.

On the second day of a hearing to determine whether Grossman, 58, should stand trial in the deaths of Jacob and Mark Iskander, ages 8 and 11, on Sept. 29, 2020, two eyewitnesses described how her SUV plowed through the crosswalk on Triunfo Canyon Road. The boys were walking with their family at about 7:10 p.m. and crossing a three-way intersection with a marked crosswalk but no stoplight.

A crash expert also testified that had Grossman slowed from 73 mph — her speed about 550 feet from the crosswalk — to the posted limit of 45 mph, she would not have hit the children because they would have already been at the curb.

"If the car had been going the speed limit for five seconds, there would be no collision," testified Michael Hale, a veteran collision investigator with the Orange County district attorney's office.

He testified that data extracted from Grossman's Mercedes-Benz showed that she was flooring the gas pedal and reached 81 mph about 1.5 seconds before the crash. He said the data showed she then lightly tapped on the brakes for a second, reducing her speed to 73 mph, and took her foot off the gas before she hit the boys.

Yasamin Eftekhari described seeing the two SUVs in her car's side mirror, passing at high speed and then tapping on their brakes immediately before the crosswalk. Grossman's white Mercedes was unable to avoid the boys.

“There was a family walking in the road. The white car struck the two kids in the road,” Eftekhari said. She said the vehicle hit its brakes right before hitting the boys and then again after the impact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305April 27, 2022 12:12 PM

Being addicted to alcohol is no excuse to drive ! Most take Uber or walk . Throw the library 📚 at her

by Anonymousreply 306April 27, 2022 7:55 PM

I don't see alcohol as an excuse for this entitled person's careless, murderous behavior behind the wheel of a vehicle that killed two kids. That she didn't stop along with her previous traffic incidents tells all we need to know regarding what sentence is appropriate. I've posted here before. A victim's family member and I work for the same employer, so I've been following this horrific story. The minute it happened, word was already out that this woman had a history of reckless driving and lawyered up. This must stop. Nothing can replace the kids, but justice has to happen -- even when it means that a pretty white lady has to go behind bars -- which is where she should have been two years ago. She is CLEARLY a danger to the public and it is painfully obvious the her arrogance and privilege continues to destroy this family.

by Anonymousreply 307April 28, 2022 5:32 AM

Cunt should be in jail already.

by Anonymousreply 308April 28, 2022 5:52 AM

[quote]He recalled Grossman drinking a margarita or part of one and said she was not impaired. A blood-alcohol test for Grossman at the hospital after the fatal incident showed she was not above California’s limit for driving.

Huh. So this isn't about drunk driving. A 58-year-old woman was street racing? With a former Dodger? Someone make this make sense.

That poor family. So horrific.

by Anonymousreply 309April 28, 2022 6:17 AM

Now if it was a dog or cat that got ran over by her, I would sentence her to execution.

by Anonymousreply 310April 28, 2022 12:20 PM

Something satisfying about seeing a well off socialite kill stupid kids.

by Anonymousreply 311April 28, 2022 12:21 PM

There were multiple new articles about this…um…person. As in this thread, she is referred to as a “socialite”. I always assumed this was an age thing. This POS is pushing 60. But my real question when is one no longer a “socialite”?

by Anonymousreply 312April 29, 2022 1:33 AM

There are 70 year old socialites, r312. One doesn’t have to be young.

by Anonymousreply 313April 29, 2022 2:26 AM

[quote] Nothing can replace the kids, but justice has to happen -- even when it means that a pretty white lady has to go behind bars -- which is where she should have been two years ago. She is CLEARLY a danger to the public and it is painfully obvious the her arrogance and privilege continues to destroy this family.

Agreed, but it’s funny how any thin, white, blonde in Armani is deemed pretty, no matter what she actually looks like.

by Anonymousreply 314April 29, 2022 6:27 AM

VAN NUYS, Calif. (KABC) -- A judge on Thursday ordered a wealthy socialite to stand trial for murder in connection with a Westlake Village hit-and-run that left two young brothers dead.

Rebecca Grossman faced several charges, including murder and vehicular manslaughter, stemming from the Sept. 29, 2020, crash at an intersection of Saddle Mountain Drive and Triunfo Canyon Road.

by Anonymousreply 315May 5, 2022 9:42 PM

Thanks for posting, r315. I thought the initial charges were to be DUI, reckless driving, and manslaughter only, but I see murder in addition now. Is this for the child she brake to throw him off the hood of the car?

by Anonymousreply 316May 5, 2022 9:51 PM

[quote]Something satisfying about seeing a well off socialite kill stupid kids.

News to me.

by Anonymousreply 317May 5, 2022 9:53 PM

[R309] The test performed at the hospital (blood draw) occurred how long after the event? Trust me. She was hammered while she slaughtered those poor lads.

Oldest trick in the book (lawyer or cop or smart perpetrator) is to prolong any type of “at the scene of arrest” sobriety test.

“No officer I do not comply. Gimme Lawyer.” Rinse repeat.

She knew how to game the system. While her lawyer was glued to her ear on the phone.

Hello world btw. First post.

This woman. May her lawyers only overcharge her and may she actually (face justice) go away forever prior to the civil suits draining every nickel her family possesses.

by Anonymousreply 318May 5, 2022 10:18 PM

Zero consequences. Just you wait. That's how America works.

by Anonymousreply 319May 5, 2022 10:19 PM

R315, she’s so fucked . At least 20 years

by Anonymousreply 320May 6, 2022 2:47 AM

"To get a second-degree murder conviction, Deputy Dist. Atty. Ryan Gould must prove Grossman acted with implied malice and knew the act of driving at a speed of more than 70 mph in a residential area was dangerous to human life."

Well fucking duh! The act of backing up and running over that poor child again should get this cunt a life sentence. Can't her attorneys ask for the case to be decided before a ( corrupt, paid for) judge? She will not dare face a jury. They would justifiably hate her guts.

by Anonymousreply 321May 6, 2022 4:55 PM

They didn’t stop before the intersection. They didn’t stop at the intersection. They didn’t stop when an 11-year-old was on the hood of the car. … Nobody stopped,” Iskander said at the hearing last week.

On Thursday, Iskander said the hearing, which stretched over nearly two weeks, was very hard for her family.

”It’s been a nightmare — [that] doesn’t even describe ... it. It’s been extremely hard,” she said outside the Van Nuys Courthouse on Thursday afternoon. “Not that it brought back any memories because ... I live with the memories every day. Like I said, it haunts me every night. I miss my boys every day because of the decisions that person made.”

Iskander testified the two SUVs “were zigzagging with each other as if they were playing or racing.”

Grossman was speeding behind another vehicle driven by Erickson, a former Dodgers player, who earlier in the day had been drinking cocktails with Grossman at a nearby restaurant, sheriff’s officials said.

L.A. County sheriff’s investigator Scott Shean testified Wednesday that Grossman’s blood alcohol level was 0.08%, the legal limit for intoxication in California. A cocktail waitress at Julio’s and a friend of the lawman’s told him they each had served Grossman margaritas in the hours before the fatal collision.

Afterward, Dmitry Gorin, one of Grossman’s lawyers, called Orange County lab criminalist Kelly Brown to testify. She said tests of Grossman’s blood alcohol level at her lab came back .074% and .073%. Deputy Dist. Atty. Ryan Gould then asked whether it was possible for the alcohol content to decrease over time and the number to be lower in the Orange County test than what was done in L.A. County. Brown agreed it was.

VAN NUYS, CA-APRIL 25, 2022: Rebecca Grossman, co-founder of the Grossman Burn Foundation, arrives at Van Nuys Courthouse for her preliminary hearing. Grossman is charged with murder and other counts stemming from a crash in Westlake Village that left two young brothers dead. (Mel Melcon / Los Angeles Times) CALIFORNIA

Rebecca Grossman drove half a mile after fatally hitting two boys, seemed impaired, deputies testify

April 27, 2022

To get a second-degree murder conviction, Gould must prove that Grossman acted with implied malice and knew the act of driving more than 70 mph in a residential area was dangerous to human life.

John Hobson, one of Grossman’s attorneys, told the judge on the final day of the hearing that “the evidence supports we have a tragic traffic accident” but there was no implied malice and Grossman was not “driving with proximity attempt to kill.”

Shean testified Wednesday that in 2013, a California Highway Patrol officer pulled over Grossman after she was clocked going 92 mph on the 101 Freeway in Agoura Hills and warned her she could kill someone.

He said the officer recalled the incident because of a comment he said Grossman made: “He better hope he doesn’t need to come to the Grossman Burn Center for help.”

by Anonymousreply 322May 6, 2022 5:46 PM

The Times letting me link for once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323May 6, 2022 5:49 PM

Is Caitlyn Jenner's attorney available?

by Anonymousreply 324May 6, 2022 6:00 PM

Really hope she goes away for the rest of her life.

by Anonymousreply 325May 6, 2022 6:10 PM

R324- lolol!

by Anonymousreply 326May 6, 2022 6:46 PM

She is pleading NOT GUILTY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327June 4, 2022 1:18 AM

Rebecca Grossman pleaded not guilty in court Friday to charges of murder, manslaughter and hit-and-run, for a crash that left two young boys dead in Westlake Village in 2020.

Grossman is the wife of well-known Dr. Peter Grossman, co-founder of a foundation connected to his family's world famous Grossman Burn Center.

Friday's hearing was short but the nearly two years leading up to it have been far too long for Nancy Iskander, the mother of the two boys who were killed.

Grossman Burn Foundation Co-Founder Ordered to Stand Trial on Murder Charges

Co-Founder of Grossman Burn Foundation Charged With Murder in Crash That Killed Two Boys "Well it was another step, another arraignment, another time I see the defendant pleading not guilty and not taking responsibility for the murder of the boys," Iskander said.

In September 2020, Iskander was with her husband, three sons and their daughter out for a walk in Westlake Village when they began crossing the street.

Prosecutors say Grossman was racing with a friend at high speeds when she struck and killed Iskander's two oldest boys in the crosswalk: 11-year-old Mark and 8-year-old Jacob.

A judge ruled last month Grossman should stand trial.

"It’s another burden we carry, right? So the loss of the boys was one thing and this is yet another loss we carry of the time we have to wait to see any justice," Iskander said.

Prosecutors say Grossman had been drinking prior to the crash, and posted a blood-alcohol level of .08.

They also allege she hit the boys at more than 70 mph in a 45 mph zone and continued driving, only stopping when her car eventually broke down.

Grossman maintains she didn't see the boys and told officers that day she didn't know why her airbags went off.

Iskander says her boys deserve justice.

"Mark wanted to be a neurosurgeon, Jacob wanted to be my bodyguard," she said. "He was a tough guy and a runner and he would say 'mom, you should never worry about any attacks because I’m your bodyguard.' But I had to see him die," Iskander said.

Grossman is due back in court in August. Her trial is expected to start in September.

by Anonymousreply 328June 4, 2022 1:18 PM

So sad. I bet she gets off relatively easy due to her wealth and position.

by Anonymousreply 329June 4, 2022 1:29 PM

The Grossman Burn Center treated Anne Heche. Crazy coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 330August 15, 2022 2:26 AM

She will get at least 10 years bet

by Anonymousreply 331August 15, 2022 2:30 AM

Tacky cunt. They always reveal their lack of breeding by the way they treat those lower on the social totem pole, like the way she treated that police officer.

Pure shtetl trash with a few bucks in the bank.

by Anonymousreply 332August 15, 2022 2:35 AM

I’m betting she’s Okie Shiksha trash.

by Anonymousreply 333August 15, 2022 3:45 AM

C—t goes to trial. YAY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334September 7, 2022 10:26 PM

"The CHP officer who made the 2013 traffic stop told investigators that radar indicated Grossman had been driving approximately 92 mph on the 101 Freeway, and that he warned the woman that traveling at such a speed could kill or injure someone, Los Angeles County sheriff's Detective Scott Shean testified at that hearing. The CHP officer said he remembered the stop because the woman told him he'd better hope he never needs to go to the Grossman Burn Center, according to Shean, adding that the CHP officer said he thought he'd be denied services at the facility if he ever needed them."

What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 335September 7, 2022 11:21 PM

Whoopsies!

by Anonymousreply 336September 7, 2022 11:23 PM

But what about Hillary's e-mails?

by Anonymousreply 337September 8, 2022 12:44 AM

The 59-year-old co-founder of the Grossman Burn Foundation could go to trial as early as February on second-degree murder and other charges stemming from the September 2020 deaths of brothers Mark and Jacob Iskander, whom she struck with her car in a Westlake Village crosswalk.

On Nov. 4, the 2nd District Court of Appeal in Los Angeles denied a request by her lawyers to dismiss the murder counts, one for Mark, 11, the other for his 8-year-old brother.

“Based on the evidence presented at the preliminary hearing,” the court stated in its denial of what’s known as a petition for rehearing, “there is some rational ground for assuming the possibility that [murder] has been committed and the accused is guilty of it.”

If convicted on all counts, Grossman faces 34 years to life in state prison.

Friday’s order from the Court of Appeal follows a Nov. 1 ruling by an L.A. County Superior Court judge denying a defense request to exclude blood evidence taken from Grossman the night she hit the boys with her Mercedes SUV as they crossed Triunfo Canyon Road. She admitted to having drinks with friends.

Deputy District Attorney Ryan Gould, who is prosecuting the case, had no comment on the appellate ruling.

John Hobson, Grossman’s defense attorney told The Acorn Friday afternoon, “The Court of Appeal decided that the evidence presented by the prosecution was enough to meet the low standard that applies at a preliminary hearing.”

“Proof beyond a reasonable doubt (at trial) is a far cry from evidence that supplies some rational ground to assume the possibility that the defendant committed the charged crime,” Hobson said.

“The defense remains confident that this case arising from a tragic car accident is overcharged and that the prosecution lacks the evidence to prove its charges beyond a reasonable doubt,” he said.

The next pretrial hearing in the matter is set for Nov. 18 in Van Nuys.

Follow Scott Steepleton on Twitter @scottsteepleton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338November 6, 2022 4:35 PM

Dollars to donuts this privileged bitch will get a slap on the wrist.

by Anonymousreply 339November 6, 2022 4:46 PM

R339- R338 has a good sign for this bitch getting convicted.

But yes, despite her deserving life in prison, she will probably get 10 years and serve 5.

by Anonymousreply 340November 6, 2022 4:58 PM

This repulsive specimen is not in jail yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341November 6, 2022 5:03 PM

There is another lawsuit but this one is civil. Rebecca’s husband was left out of his father’s will. Peter is pissed.

Oh yeah. The Grossmans were basically pre-divorce when the accident happened. They are now staying together for appearance’s sake. What a family!

by Anonymousreply 342November 6, 2022 5:58 PM

The civil lawsuit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343November 6, 2022 6:12 PM

those lil dudes looked so much alike!

by Anonymousreply 344November 6, 2022 6:59 PM

I hope she serves prison time. I'm so sick of these drunk maniacs in LA doing this shit. Lock her up.

by Anonymousreply 345November 6, 2022 7:00 PM

Rebecca Grossman’s appeal that police violated her Fourth Amendment rights by taking a blood test was denied by L.A. Superior Court Judge Joseph Brandolino. So far attempts to throw out the murder charges against her have proved unsuccessful. She is charged with two counts each of second degree murder and manslaughter in the crash that killed two brothers in Westlake Village in 2020. Grossman was given a field breathalyzer test after the accident and logged in at .076 blood alcohol. At the Malibu Lost Hills Sheriff Station where she was booked, she was not offered another breath test, only a blood test, which she refused. A deputy got a warrant for the blood test, which showed her blood alcohol content to be at the legal limit hours after the crash. Brandolino ruled that the blood test was warranted. Grossman could stand trial as early as February as the case moves forward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346November 11, 2022 2:29 PM

Apparently all vehicles will soon have a built in breathalyzer device that doesn’t allow the car to start if ETOH is detected. If calibrated correctly and mandated to be retrofitted into older cars, much of the DUI nonsense will be deterred. There is a problem with the dui “industry” because there is corruption everywhere. People that have severe alcoholism like the rich lady in the op are legion. A lot of attorneys and judges are just like her too.

The MADD and AA groups are also creating problems by making mandatory sentences that sometimes sweep non drinkers into dui prosecutions. The so called treatment of addiction is a racket, with many examples of the rehab staff obtaining money from testing the clients and when the money runs out the patient is suddenly cured.

by Anonymousreply 347November 11, 2022 3:23 PM

Car breathalyzers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348November 11, 2022 3:25 PM

To a previous discussion. I'm posting from bleeding heart socialist Europe, and yes I am often shocked by the prison time people get in the US, but in my country this bitch would go down for murder no problem. And she seems deranged, which could be used as an excuse to keep her for good. Of course psychologists and psychiatrists would have to check if she is still deranged periodically. But the answer might well be yes.

Which brings me to another point 0,8 is nit even that much? This is no explanation to make you act like a complete fucking psycho! Obviously she just is.

by Anonymousreply 349November 12, 2022 6:54 PM

0.08% is enough to cause significant impairment. It’s about three drinks in two hours for an average woman. Interestingly enough, .08 is on the liberal side. Many countries, including European ones, have stricter standards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350November 12, 2022 7:43 PM

R302 and R303 Same. When I was drinking I did get a DUI, no one else was involved but I was so fucking ashamed I decided then that I would just not drive anymore until I had a year of sobriety. I didn't drive for 12 years, I didn't think I deserved to and I was just never going to drink and drive again. Now I've been sober for 9 years and driving again for 6. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I actually hit and killed someone. This bitch needs to go down. I do have sympathy for a fellow alcoholic but they need to actually try, it doesn't seem like she is. Oh and yes, it's totally Lois Chiles in creepshow, "thanks for the ride, lady!"

by Anonymousreply 351November 14, 2022 3:43 AM

Socialist Europe 349… love that label. So just for the sake of argument the same situation without any alcohol involved. She was still racing. She hit something but kept driving. She only stopped because her car, clearly smarter than her, turned off. She is a useless, entitled bitch. There were previous speeding incidents. Blah blah blah. Now…let’s add in booze. .

by Anonymousreply 352November 14, 2022 11:26 PM

I doubt she will serve much time. Even if she wasn't a rich and connected socialite, America does not value pedestrians lives.

by Anonymousreply 353November 25, 2022 8:34 PM

[quote]I doubt she will serve much time.

Of course she won't. She's a woman. The justice system treats women as children.

by Anonymousreply 354November 25, 2022 8:55 PM

Won't link it, because it's in the Daily Mail, but there's an article today where she's complaining about all the "hate and anger" targeting her.

by Anonymousreply 355November 26, 2022 1:29 AM

Read the article. She's absolutely clueless -- saying how she's the victim -- and should serve life in prison, which I think she'll get. She blames "poor lighting" of an obviously major intersection for killing two kids, despite that she'd been drinking and was driving recklessly at almost twice the speed limit and has been cited for this behavior in the past. Thanks for the update. Have been following this from day 1, as I have an indirect connection with the victims' family. It was immediately known that she's had reckless driving incidents in the past and lawyered up. Such disgusting entitlement. And a Repug.

by Anonymousreply 356November 26, 2022 4:24 AM

Here's the link to the article in the DM. She really has no shame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357November 26, 2022 5:23 AM

I just found this article, which is interesting. The article includes a link to a website by Grossman's daughter, which is also interesting because it gives details about Rebecca Grossman and disputes some of the storylines regarding the details of the accident and Grossman's behavior afterwards. I won't say how these articles affected my opinion of her because I'll probably be accused of being part of her law firm or something (learned the hard way when I believed Johnny Depp's testimony -- I was accused of wanting to sleep with him, of being part of his publicity team, of being a late-night troll etc.). Anyway, the media did get some of the facts wrong, no surprise.

This was a horrific event, obviously, and I can't imagine what the two boys' parents are going through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358November 26, 2022 6:22 AM

Her daughter's website

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359November 26, 2022 6:23 AM

r359, that constructed website by Grossman's family and attorneys is clearly a desperate attempt to paint her in a positive, empathetic light, despite the fact that she's had a history of reckless driving and lawyering up aggressively.

by Anonymousreply 360November 26, 2022 8:53 AM

I get that, but there are a few things that made her more three-dimensional to me, e.g., they say she doesn't have prior offenses, they claim she wasn't over the legal limit for alcohol, that she was driving 45 mph (not 81) and didn't drive away but her airbags deployed and she pulled over and called 911 and did what she was told to do. They claim there were other cars around her, one of which pulled over to check his bumper. The drivers of those cars drove off and didn't call 911. Also, I didn't know the kids were on roller blades and a skateboard and their mom was on roller blades, which OF COURSE doesn't put the blame on them in any way, but I thought they were all walking. And, her charitable work over the years seems intense and sincere, and she seemed to really care about people. Which doesn't make her innocent of this crime, but she seems like a more decent person (if all of this is true) than what she's been made out to be.

Anyway, this was obviously tragic and didn't have to happen, and she's definitely to blame. It's possible she's not quite the monster newspapers have made her out to be.

by Anonymousreply 361November 26, 2022 10:35 AM

^ Meant to sign the post

by Anonymousreply 362November 26, 2022 10:37 AM

She’s female white and Jewish. This is in California. She’ll get probation.

by Anonymousreply 363November 26, 2022 12:29 PM

She's a drunken cunt who ran over 2 kids and drove away. i wish we had the death penalty for this fucking monster but life imprisonment will have to do.

by Anonymousreply 364November 26, 2022 1:36 PM

[quote]. that constructed website by Grossman's family and attorneys is clearly a desperate attempt to paint her in a positive, empathetic light, despite the fact that she's had a history of reckless driving and lawyering up aggressively.

Not my impression at all, have you actually read the entire page? The main points are fact based, not subjective and 'desperate'. She was under the limit and she had no history of reckless driving. The District Attorney said 'this is not a street racing incident'. For me, that's enough to create doubt in the handling of this case--how did all this false information get out there? BTW, I posted the petition to lock her up at R371 so don't accuse me of being family. Facts.

by Anonymousreply 365November 26, 2022 2:58 PM

Petition at R341

by Anonymousreply 366November 26, 2022 3:24 PM

R361 I do believe her charity work was sincere but I find the daughters claims questionable. A big part of it is it's hard for me to imagine the lapd and da charging a very rich and connected person so harshly unless they were sure they had a strong case.

R363 I think her husband is Jewish, not her. But ultimately what matters most for a light sentence in CA is money and connections. Not being a woman or Jewish or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 367November 26, 2022 6:57 PM

of course he's black which makes a difference

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368November 26, 2022 7:18 PM

Ok I'm a little confused by the daughters website. She didn't know why the airbags? She didn't know she hit someone? Wouldn't she notice? And the other cars also hit the kids???

by Anonymousreply 369November 26, 2022 7:42 PM

So the court says they have records of previous reckless driving and Rebecca does not dispute this, but her 18-year old doughier says she does not.

Her daughter disputes lots of things that her mother and her lawyers do not.

And the daughter is a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 370November 26, 2022 9:38 PM

[quote].So the court says they have records of previous reckless driving and Rebecca does not dispute this,

Link? Daughter says she got one ticket nine years ago.

by Anonymousreply 371November 26, 2022 9:44 PM

[quote]I was accused of wanting to sleep with him, of being part of his publicity team, of being a late-night troll etc.

This is the Datalounge. Those are well earned badges of respect and admiration.

by Anonymousreply 372November 26, 2022 9:48 PM

R371, most news stories quote the court as saying this. Neither the judge nor anyone other than the daughter disputes this.

The daughter says the only ticket was back when she was 9 years old.

This is true.

But Grossman negligently struck another car---then sued the driver of that car!

It is a tort, not a ticket. But it is on the record.

by Anonymousreply 373November 26, 2022 10:26 PM

r361, there are news reports that she once hit another car that was stopped, while speeding through an intersection and actually sued the victim. That's on the record. Arrogance. Entitlement.

In another report, a cop pulled her over for speeding and she said to him something like "You'd better not ever need to go to the Grossman Burn Center" (it's a chain of for-profit plastic surgery centers that made the family extremely wealthy). Don't think that's officially on her record, but the cop made the statement in an interview. Arrogance. Entitlement.

She DROVE AWAY from the scene for a quarter mile and tried to restart her car 17 times, all recorded in her Mercedes' black box. She clearly tried to flee. Arrogance. Entitlement.

As an attractive socialite, she held a lot of fancy fundraisers (including for Repugs) that brought a lot of glamor and attention to herself. Vanity. Greed.

She went on exotic trips and had photo ops with sick people for the charity. Probably traveled first class. Huge tax write-off. Entitlement.

Various tests show that she was at least at the edge of drunk driving alcohol levels, the definition of which varies from state to state and nation to nation. In many, she'd have been considered to have been illegally impaired to operate a vehicle.

What I learned from that article is that she actually has children of her own, including a daughter who clearly loves her Mom. That does somewhat humanize her for me.

It was clearly an accident and was not intentional. I don't think she's inherently evil, but her arrogant, reckless behavior that resulted in killing to kids does become a form of indirect evil. She killed two people and destroyed a family. Her behavior ever since has been riddled with desperate, costly legal maneuvers, arrogance, and a sense of entitlement. A very long prison sentence would provide justice.

While her legal behavior implies no remorse, arrogance, and a sense of entitlement, I do believe from reading that entire slick website, clearly well-funded and designed by lawyers and a production company in partnership with her 18-year old daughter, that she does feel remorse. The website is intended to reduce her prison time. Don't think it's going to work in this case.

by Anonymousreply 374November 26, 2022 10:56 PM

The fact that they’re trying to pass off the website as though it’s the personal pet project of her 18 year old shows how entitled she is and how stupid she thinks the public are. I’m sure Grossman is hoping she can get a jury full of R361s who lap up the propaganda anf now think she’s a decent person underneath it all. It’s amazing what a high priced lawyer can do vs a public defender. So clever, so inventive and look, it got a mention in LA Magazine!

Yes, it may be an accident because obviously she didn’t intend to kill two young boys, but she made terrible choices all the fucking day long. The drinking, the speeding, the attempt to flee…if I was a juror, I’d throw the book at her. This “accident” becomes voluntary manslaughter (or second//third degree murder) because she isn’t blameless or innocent of fault. And her being under the legal limit does not mean she wasn’t impaired. The number .08 is abitrary at best You can be 0.01 but if you’re swerving and speeding, guess what? You just got yourself a DUI. Fuck her and her million excuses.

by Anonymousreply 375November 27, 2022 12:57 AM

[quote]So clever, so inventive and look, it got a mention in LA Magazine!

LA Magazine isn't prestigious, and the article isn't at all sensitive toward Grossman.

by Anonymousreply 376November 27, 2022 1:02 AM

She and hubby were close to splitting hence her out drinking with her boy toy. Because of the accident and all that ensued she and hubby are staying together, publicly, even though they really aren’t privately.

by Anonymousreply 377November 27, 2022 1:09 AM

[quote]I’m sure Grossman is hoping she can get a jury full of R361s who lap up the propaganda anf now think she’s a decent person underneath it all.

I don't think I lapped up propaganda, but she is humanized to me now. But in no way do I think this event is any less horrific, and I still think, of course, that what she did that night is absolutely awful.

by Anonymousreply 378November 27, 2022 1:10 AM

R376 You’re right that LA Mag is not prestigious but we are all aware of her website now thanks to it. No such thing as bad publicity, eh? And thanks to the article and the Daily Mail, plenty of people will visit it who didn’t even know of its existence before and have their minds polluted because of it. Even if it’s a tiny “oh, she seems humanized now,” mission accomplished by her slick lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 379November 27, 2022 1:20 AM

'It's His Birthday,' Mom Of Slain Boys Cries Out At Grossman​ Hearing Rebecca Grossman's defense continues to claim she was overcharged for the 2020 Westlake Village crash that killed Jacob and Mark Iskander.

Emily Rahhal, Patch Staff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380January 11, 2023 1:12 PM

Disgusting. I drink a lot but I would never, ever drive a car when I have had even one drink. Same with drugs (although I don't do any).

by Anonymousreply 381January 11, 2023 1:17 PM

Someone needs to run over R71 with a semi truck and the toss the remains in a greasefire. What a horrible human being you are.

by Anonymousreply 382January 11, 2023 2:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!