Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Watts doc on Netflix

What is your take? I think he had severe low self esteem and married the first woman that gave him the time of day. Shannan's addiction to social media and recording every detail of their life was insane.

He really loved his mistress and obviously should have gotten a divorce. The girls were adorable - truly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341January 30, 2021 6:34 PM

Oh, he's so hot! Who cares if he kills! He must be forgiven and rehabilitated so that we all can have a chance at him!

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2020 3:47 AM

Ahem....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2020 3:47 AM

I don't feel bad for Shanaenae at all. What an insufferable bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2020 4:06 AM

[1] I watched some docs on youtube about it one night after I fell down a rabbit hole. i think that was enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2020 4:17 AM

[R1]

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2020 4:18 AM

Generically attractive, wife murdering, child killing man [bold]>[/bold] Non-murdering, MLM grifting pregnant woman

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2020 4:21 AM

[quote]R1 Oh, he's so hot! Who cares if he kills!

[italic]WERE YOU THERE ? !

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2020 4:24 AM

He looks like Winston from Big Brother, but DL won't let me post a photo...

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2020 5:03 AM

winston was a fucking gun nut psycho with no social skills. that's a pretty good comparison as I could see him killing someone too.

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2020 3:56 PM

The other thread hit 600, is the discussion to continue here or is there to be a new thread?

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2020 6:10 PM

R2, who cares. Sometimes a NEW post is more interesting. Not interested in reading old posts all the time.

I hate when someone decides to respond to a post like a year old. Just start a new one. Nobody wants to read old shit.

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2020 6:23 PM

I guess so R10. I was rewatching the Netflix documentary and started watching YouTube clips. They just seemed cold towards one another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2020 6:25 PM

He was def a socio. Why would he have to google search "what do you feel when someone tells you that they love you" I mean, what in the actual F? Clearly he has no real feelings. Well, clearly. But Clearly.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2020 6:25 PM

If he was just a few pounds overweight, no one would care. No one would care. No one.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2020 6:29 PM

Whatever he was going through, he shouldn't have killed his kids. They didn't ask to be born and they as hell didn't ask to be killed. He should get the electric chair. That being said, his wife sounds like a real harpie.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2020 6:32 PM

I kept waiting for them to reveal he was gay. He was so obsessed with his body makeover. And I hate to say it but his wife was the ultimate frau. Posting constantly to Facebook etc.

Ultimately though, I was struck by what a coward he was. He could never be honest with his wife so he had to kill her? Weak. Kill both kids? Weak. Lie about it? Weak. Not look at anyone in the courtroom? Weak.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2020 6:32 PM

He's a true psycho. He strangled his kids. That goes beyond hating your frau wife.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2020 6:37 PM

He has annoying mannerisms. His hands and arms are always outward- such as when he walks into the room when she has the "oops we did it again" shirt. He walks in like a robot that needs to be charged up. And, "That's awwsum. Thats Aww-sum". Yuck.

He is not at all good looking. Why do ppl think he is? Gray hair, no hair ,skinny and wrecked teeth. But, ok.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2020 6:37 PM

So she was deep into a pyramid scheme?

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2020 6:41 PM

His wife could have been a complete fucking terror; doesn't matter. Nothing was stopping him from divorcing her. Also: HE KILLED HIS KIDS FULL STOP.

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2020 6:43 PM

I didn’t know there was a name for this: family annihilator

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2020 6:58 PM

He killed his kids relatively quickly, she on the other hand, if the Maunchausen Syndrome by Proxy charges are to believed, which more and more verification information seems to be emerging, was killing them very slowly and with painful medical interventions and treatments on top of that. I’m surprised she didn’t stuff the one child full on nuts and kill her just to frame Chris’ mother, but the likelihood is there was no nut allergy at all, it was just a way to restrict and control her daughter and spread fear adding to creating a complicated and controlling relationship with food that I think she herself had as well.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2020 6:59 PM

I totally can see him snapping after his wife said you’ll never see your kids again. Also, because he is so weak, I could see him strangling his wife in her sleep so he wouldn’t even have to look at her. Sick man.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2020 7:04 PM

He didn’t love his mistress OP. He loved the attention she gave him.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2020 7:05 PM

I still want to know if Scooby named her new baby after Shan’nana and if so what spelling?

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2020 7:07 PM

I read recently that he's in communication with loads of these crazy assed murderer loving bitches from all over who write love letters to these creeps and fantasize about them.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2020 7:21 PM

[quote] FULL STOP.

Fucking massive eyeroll.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2020 7:32 PM

I think a poltergeist killed them.

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2020 7:34 PM

R13, anyone who can strangle to death their two children is a socio monster. The fact that he killed the younger one right in front of the older one and she asked if she's next, what the fuck? Why not just fake your own death and move somewhere with you 3x a day fuck whore? The media, yet again, chooses to focus on white murder victims and the white husband, as if other races don't do the same thing. Why such preferential media attention to these types of stories from white people? Is it a media conspiracy to showcase how fucked up white people are?

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2020 7:40 PM

If this was an interracial marriage I would think the media would have been three times as bad. Adding race into this would have really pushed it over the top as an American story.

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2020 7:44 PM

And divorce wasn't an option?

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2020 7:50 PM

Jesus fuck. Enough with Chris Watts and his apologists.

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2020 7:50 PM

It’s time for this person to be forgotten. He was too gutless to leave his wife, and was evil enough to murder two little kids.

I hope he’s fat and unhappy in jail, and that he rots in there until he dies.

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2020 8:25 PM

R32, I am with you. He is, in my opinion a 4.5.

Receded hairline that looks like horns, gray hair, no lip, weird ass body. Skinny but not, somehow. Weird hips.

Oh, and a fucking murderer.

by Anonymousreply 34October 14, 2020 4:21 PM

He also has droopy old man eyes.

by Anonymousreply 35October 14, 2020 4:23 PM

I don’t understand why these men don’t just get a divorce? How is going to jail for life more convenient than hiring a divorce lawyer?

by Anonymousreply 36October 14, 2020 4:27 PM

Because divorce would mean alimony, plus that skank bitch would remarry. No, she deserves to die so the man can be "free."

by Anonymousreply 37October 14, 2020 4:31 PM

R37, well, he did it then. Free from freedoms.

by Anonymousreply 38October 14, 2020 4:32 PM

[quote] Because divorce would mean alimony, plus that skank bitch would remarry.

If the wife remarried, there endeth the alimony.

by Anonymousreply 39October 14, 2020 4:51 PM

[quote] How is going to jail for life more convenient

Murderers don’t think they’re going to jail. They don’t think they’ll be caught.

by Anonymousreply 40October 14, 2020 4:51 PM

I haven't watched this yet but I'm prepared to be annoyed by Shannon. I had the same impression of Laci Peterson too. Laci came across as really spastic and always "on" in the videos that were shown. She seemed sweet but exhausting to be around.

Neither of these women deserved death though and their husbands were sociopaths which makes me wonder how many of the are among us and what makes some commit murder? Are they all capable and just needing the right person or circumstance to kill?

by Anonymousreply 41October 14, 2020 5:09 PM

Fucking hell, Shanananan'an was exhaustingly needy.

Who wouldn't be tempted to kill her, but for fuck's sake, she must always have been fundamentally like that. Just walk away.

by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2020 5:37 PM

He killed his children too.

by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2020 5:39 PM

He should have gone out for a pack of cigarettes and never come back. Men used to do that in the olden days. Now you can track people down and garnish their wages. If he’d had an easier exit, he would have taken it.

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2020 5:44 PM

Because he was so introverted and quiet, all of his rage and judgements were internal. Most rational people realize you can’t murder your family and get away with it. Of course his wife was an annoying frau, but he couldn’t think anything through clearly. He snapped and was stupid enough to think he could get away with it. But what kind of sick man buries his wife at work, smothers his kids, and then throws them in a big oil drum. Freak.

by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2020 5:50 PM

Chris Watts would not have murdered his wife and kids if walking away was free.

by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2020 5:51 PM

R46 Maybe like those laws that let you drop off your baby at the firehouse, there should be a way to leave your family at the Motel 6 and start over.

by Anonymousreply 47October 14, 2020 5:55 PM

Shanann and the kids left town for 5 weeks. He could've split while they were gone.

by Anonymousreply 48October 14, 2020 6:50 PM

He wasn't "really in love" with his mistress, for Christ's sake. This guy murdered his own toddlers with his bare hands... he's not capable of love.

by Anonymousreply 49October 14, 2020 7:50 PM

R48, yes. But what we are saying is, he’d still be on the hook for visitation and child support for three kids. If he wanted to really disappear, he would have to live off the fucking grid and never use his SSN and be with his slampiece in a real way without looking over his shoulder. She wasn’t going to settle for living a nomadic life as a fugitive from Family Court. She wanted what Shanann had (or seemed to have, because it was a sham.)

There’s a reason they call wives a “ball and chain”.

by Anonymousreply 50October 14, 2020 7:51 PM

R49, he was dragging his feet while she was trying to install him in his own apartment. He never went and looked at any of the cheap apartments she’d found for him.

He just wanted to stick his dick in her and go back to his mommy Shanann. Have his wife and mistress too. Like every other straight man.

by Anonymousreply 51October 14, 2020 7:53 PM

He is so hot!!!! That crazy bitch wife drive him to it. I don’t blame him one bit.

by Anonymousreply 52October 14, 2020 8:01 PM

Chris Watts' cranial shape, ie, not "hot":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 14, 2020 8:09 PM

R52, hot??? He is old, gray, receding hair that is horn like, no top lip, droopy eyelids, janky teeth and hips like a woman.

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2020 1:09 PM

wow, she was sleeping all that time next to a monster whom she thought was her soul mate.I am really glad that I'm still single and i live a much peaceful life because of it. there is so much deceit in romantic relationships out there.

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2020 1:37 PM

She was crazy as a shithouse rat, and twice as needy. Testing and measuring every reaction or lack of reaction by the minute, by the second, plaguing him with constant text messages and long missives in the hand of a Fifth Grade school girl, back and forth from fawning to belligerent and demanding. Who could stand that? And "soul mate"? She had a black hole for a soul, one that would never be filled.

Of course what the husband did was unconscionable and monstrous. But the wife was not only paid with her life but was a fucking disaster of raw nerves who never seems to have advanced into adulthood. I suppose the two emotional sponges had the rejection of adulthood in common.

by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2020 3:10 PM

[R46] Maybe like those laws that let you drop off your baby at the firehouse, there should be a way to leave your family at the Motel 6 and start over.

These words still resonate a day later.

If only Chris could have told his wife, “I’m thinking about killing you. Let’s make a deal.”

by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2020 4:25 PM

R50 no court would force visitation on an unwilling parent. As long as he sent a check, he never had to see Shanann or the kids again.

by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2020 4:29 PM

A video about Watts' girlfriend popped up on my YouTube feed. Sorry, guys, it convinced me he's straight. GF seems like a POS. Police stopped investigating her when Watts pled guilty to the murders.

I think GF's computer got seized and there were searches about Amber Frey (Scott Peterson's GF) and how much $ Frey made on her book, etc.

The sad part is that Watts killed his wife in their bedroom. Daughters came in the room: what's wrong with mommy. Watts puts the dead body and the two girls into his truck, drives to his work site, then kills the 2 little girls. At least he pled guilty. There will be no Peterson-type trial appeals. He will be in prison for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2020 5:32 PM

Oh Datalounge, never change.

Dumb socialopath murders his children and wife BUT THE WIFE WAS A FUCKING CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2020 5:36 PM

R56 I think you described 90% of marriages

by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2020 6:37 PM

I'm not one of the MRA freaks obsessed with this below average loser, but what is the source for the wife being crazy or whatever?

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2020 6:43 PM

R62, not sure what MRA stands for.

Wife was involved in multi-level-marketing of some caffeine patches (or something like that). Apparently, she wasn't really making money on it and the couple & their children were living above their means. She appeared to want to be a mommy blogger / vlogger. IMO, being involved in MLM doesn't make you "crazy," but I do look askance at people who buy into that obvious pyramid scheme bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2020 6:48 PM

Oh. So she sold... something? and it was a MLM (source?), and the couple (aka her and her husband) and their kids (lol) were "living above their means," yadda yadda, the cunt deserved it?

Oh. Okay.

MRA stands for "Mens Rights Activist" and you can copy/paste and google that just like anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2020 6:52 PM

Plus I love how "that bitch got what was coming to her" and "poor Chris!" but also what about him strangling his own children?

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2020 6:53 PM

R64: "Thrive", the MLM thing she sold is easily Googled and discussed at length on the other thread.

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2020 7:10 PM

R62, she left behind a treasure trove of videos and FB posts. Some find them charming. Many others find them disturbing.

She was a shady scammer with a host of personality disorders.

Some people find Lindsay Lohan or Kris Jenner likable, too, so YMMV.

by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2020 7:17 PM

Is it possible that one of the reasons Shanananananana wanted to be pregnant was to hide that she wasn’t thin and in shape from using the Thrive products?

by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2020 7:20 PM

There are always black-and-white thinkers on these threads. If you don’t like Meghan Markle, you’re racist. If you don’t think children should be on hormone blockers, you hate all trans people.

They’re here now, claiming that disliking a dead woman means we’re misogynists. Or that we want to fuck her creepy killer.

Okay.

by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2020 7:20 PM

R68 skinniness was not important for selling Thrive...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 15, 2020 7:23 PM

THRIVE WITH US!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 15, 2020 7:24 PM

No failure to thrive in that crowd.

by Anonymousreply 72October 15, 2020 7:28 PM

R71 Are these the professional women of Thrive? Do they all get Lexuses? Are cut off shorts allowed in the corporate dress code handbook? Was Shannnalana successful only because she was one of the thinner ones? What is a palooza? And is the one on the far right actually advertising herself as a cougar?

by Anonymousreply 73October 15, 2020 7:30 PM

The worst of the Datalounge: Old fools who waste their lives fantasizing that someday, a straight man will murder their annoying wife and ugly kids to be with him, and wondering why their real lives aren't fulfilling.

by Anonymousreply 74October 15, 2020 7:31 PM

R68, she wanted to make sure her husband didn’t go anywhere.

She had also made a FB proclamation that when she was dating him she told him she wanted 10 kids. But, really, she only wanted three.

by Anonymousreply 75October 15, 2020 7:32 PM

If anyone admits to wanting 10 kids RUN!

by Anonymousreply 76October 15, 2020 7:38 PM

She was extremely controlling and immature, the texts shared in the doc were cringe-worthy -- all the more so as she came to suspect he was losing interest in her. When a man no longer wants sex, begins obsessively working out, becomes secretive and uncommunicative...face it, there is already someone else and the relationship is over.

Like Scott Peterson, it seems that a fresh piece of ass and a pregnancy set the murderous plan in motion. The Watts' were already in way over their heads on a mortgage and credit cards, he had a blue collar oil field job and she was seemingly bringing in very little income; in his mind he may have felt that divorce was not an option. But the logic jump from contemplating divorce to annihilating ones family is emblematic of an shockingly selfish immaturity.

by Anonymousreply 77October 15, 2020 9:08 PM

OK, not sure why Netflix did this ten minute plus add on to the documentary, but it has some interesting factoids about family annihilators. Apparently, Sundays in August and Father’s Day are the most likely time for them to strike. Maybe we can have Sundays in August named Shan’nana Family Annihilators Awareness Days in her memory?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 16, 2020 1:53 AM

R78, maybe Shananananana’s brother Frankie can use some of his GoFundMe money to sponsor a bill to do just that.

If there’s anything left after he travels to England to put that YouTuber in jail.

by Anonymousreply 79October 16, 2020 6:40 AM

I don’t get the sad obsession DL has with this uggo. He isn’t hot and he is obviously a sociopath that murdered his own kids, ffs.He was looking up real estate brokers to sell his house right after the murders! Stop making excuses for this festering piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 80October 16, 2020 6:46 AM

I wonder why he didn't blame Thrive, or blame their finances. He got caught and then he clammed up, which was very disappointing to me. He wasn't called Patches for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 81October 16, 2020 7:40 AM

R80, she was a dreadful person who was murdered by a dreadful person. Everyone in this story was pretty unlikeable, which makes it interesting.

by Anonymousreply 82October 16, 2020 8:08 AM

R81, Neither Anadarko nor Thrive wanted to see this thing go to trial. His little slampiece went scot-free once he pled out. There were lots of people who wanted him to shut up and plead guilty. Once he did, it all went away.

He deserves to be there, of course, but it’s a little fishy that he didn’t take it to trial.

by Anonymousreply 83October 16, 2020 8:13 AM

This story should be shown to young men during counseling before their wedding for them to really consider if they want to get married to a woman and what it’s like to have to live with a virago wife. A cautionary tale so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 84October 16, 2020 10:53 AM

R81: The first thing he should have done was find a good lawyer. He didn't and the inadequate representation and its consequences is evident in his statements to police and the lie detector thing.

He and Shenanigans were, in a certain sense, made for each other---two emotionally underdeveloped people who found each other. He was the ticking time bomb, she was the controlling super frau. If you work with couples in some way--business, social services, whatever, it quickly becomes apparent that couples like this don't have real heroes and you wish the children could be with someone else. The director of this doc makes the mistake of thinking Shenanigans was "jus a victim" without seeing her coercive behavior and its impact on the marriage. Posters who want to say only that "he's a monster" make the same mistake.

by Anonymousreply 85October 16, 2020 12:01 PM

It is "all right" to be a conservative - it is not all right to confuse borderline sociopathic narcissistic detachment from reality with real conservatism and insist that they are equally deserving of a respectful hearing.

by Anonymousreply 86October 16, 2020 12:42 PM

What the fuck? You assholes all sound crazy. There are plenty of people I can’t stand, but I’ve never once considered killing them. You keep talking about his wife being a bitch, as if that’s an excuse to kill. Most of you keep omitting the fact that he murdered his own children in cold blood and could only think about his mistress in the midst of all of it. Since y’all are obviously degenerates who hate women so much that you think being bitchy justifies murder, I have good news for you, Scott Peterson might be getting a new trial.

by Anonymousreply 87October 16, 2020 1:00 PM

R87 for the win.

And they blame the polarisation on everyone else.

It's the sort of apocalyptic religious hysteria that got 24 people hanged in Salem, MA a couple of centuries ago, and more than one million people burned at the sake in the Middle Ages in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 88October 16, 2020 1:09 PM

I think r88 lost the point of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 89October 16, 2020 1:19 PM

"This story should be shown to young men during counseling before their wedding for them to really consider if they want to get married to a woman and what it’s like to have to live with a virago wife. A cautionary tale so to speak."

Wow, are you stupid. A "cautionary tale" for MEN?

Probably a cautionary tale for women considering a pregnant woman and her two children were butchered.

Your comment shows that when men aren't criminally violent, they are criminally stupid and irrational.

by Anonymousreply 90October 16, 2020 1:24 PM

Certain people are over-identifying with certain characters in this case... my favorites are the ones who feel sorry for the mistress, tee hee.

Also, the dynamics of the relationship between the murderer and his victims deserves examination and discussion.

by Anonymousreply 91October 16, 2020 1:54 PM

R90: Google "satire", it might help you.

by Anonymousreply 92October 16, 2020 2:13 PM

Google my ass, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 93October 16, 2020 2:46 PM

I thought the documentary was boring. It consisted almost entirely of facebook live videos spliced together with police badge camera footage. It was juvenile and very low-budget.

by Anonymousreply 94October 16, 2020 2:57 PM

[quote] Google my ass, bitch!

I did.

It said “file too large to load.”

I’ve never seen that in a google search. You must be huge.

by Anonymousreply 95October 16, 2020 3:13 PM

No attorney on earth would take this to trail, R83. He confesses on video that he killed his wife, because SHE killed the kids. He says this AFTER the CBI cop offers this just so he has room to confess. He stuffed the kids in the fucking oil tanks.

Sorry, no attorney on earth would bring that to trial. AND, if he refused to plea, it would be a huge waste of money and time because NO jury would find him NOT guilty. EVER.

by Anonymousreply 96October 16, 2020 3:22 PM

If he had only killed Shnananananana, a trial would've been interesting. But yeah, killing your toddlers and disposing of their bodies in such a disgusting way...no defense attorney could've argued around that.

by Anonymousreply 97October 16, 2020 4:00 PM

Like another poster pointed out in another thread, DL examination of this story is the best on the web because every criticism about Shanann doesn’t end with, “But she didn’t deserve to die!” (Like youtube and FB comments)

Thanks to all those who break down Shanann’s flaws without frauing it up with lame obvious comments about her deserving to live.

by Anonymousreply 98October 16, 2020 6:18 PM

Fuck yeah! Datalounge rocks because everyone knows that bitch was asking for it

by Anonymousreply 99October 16, 2020 6:21 PM

This case isn’t fascinating because a guy who wasn’t a slob, killed his wife. WGAS

This case is fascinating because he dumped his innocent daughters in oil tanks.

It takes a group effort to hash out how a man could do such a thing. Breaking down Shanann’s flaws is part of finding the answers.

by Anonymousreply 100October 16, 2020 6:26 PM

Did Chris have enough knowledge of crude oil to know if it would dissolve the bodies or make forensic information unobtainable (if either of those are true) and was disposing of them there because of that fact? He did plan to put Shannananala in the tanks as well, but she didn’t fit. I wonder if with some of the tools he had he would have hacked up her body to get it into the tanks if he had enough time? Also, if he had knowledge of what happens to foreign objects in those tanks, do they float, do they sink, do they relatively quickly clog some type of circulation system? Is it possible that they could disappear forever, or would they have eventually be found regardless? And if so then they would have easily been traced back to the missing children wife case of one of their employees.

by Anonymousreply 101October 16, 2020 6:37 PM

Sometimes DL is the most retarded place on the internet. This piece of shit didn’t just snap and murder his whole family because he was sad or stressed out. He killed them because he found new some poon and wanted to start a life with her. Problem was he had to dispose of his old life first. He didn’t want to lose everything in a divorce from his wife. That’s the bottom line. Nothing “fascinating” about it. This whole thread is probably a bunch of fat old boomer queens who haven’t had sex since 1992.

by Anonymousreply 102October 16, 2020 6:49 PM

He didn’t know he had options until he got in shape.

by Anonymousreply 103October 16, 2020 6:55 PM

"The media, yet again, chooses to focus on white murder victims and the white husband, as if other races don't do the same thing. Why such preferential media attention to these types of stories from white people? Is it a media conspiracy to showcase how fucked up white people are?"

No it's because r29 Statistics will show it's generally white guys that murder their wives and their children, rather than just up and leave for new pussy

by Anonymousreply 104October 16, 2020 8:40 PM

I definitely believe she was a controlling, shrewish social media whore, but in her defense it certainly seems like she gave him ample opportunity to talk about shit and leave that marriage. She asked him numerous times who is was fucking! He could have spilled everything right then and moved on. Instead he was worried about money and the house and lied to her. He killed his family by choice. He is a sick sucker and is locked up where he belongs.

by Anonymousreply 105October 16, 2020 10:59 PM

hes an ugly piece of shit. that turkish dad who offed his wife, was a hot pyscho

by Anonymousreply 106October 16, 2020 11:42 PM

Whore Nicole is seeking a new name and going to court to get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 16, 2020 11:53 PM

I’d suck him every day

by Anonymousreply 108October 16, 2020 11:54 PM

Link, R106?

by Anonymousreply 109October 16, 2020 11:56 PM

He didn't kill his wife because she was annoying, he killed her AND their innocent children because they were inconvenient. Because he'd have more money to spend on his girlfriend and lifestyle if he killed them, than if he walked out and had to split the community property and pay child support. He would have done the same to a wife who was sweet and humble, but who no longer excited him as much as the new girlfriend did.

Shannon's behavior had absolutely nothing to do with why she and the poor little girls were killed. He killed them instead of getting a divorce, because of the money.

by Anonymousreply 110October 17, 2020 2:47 AM

R110 Sanest comment on the thread

by Anonymousreply 111October 17, 2020 2:57 AM

R106- the guy from Connecticut??

by Anonymousreply 112October 17, 2020 3:35 AM

r112, yeah, that sicko was good looking

by Anonymousreply 113October 17, 2020 4:44 AM

So now some ppl say they see a little girl ghost in the cop body cam footage? It's the story that keeps on giving!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114October 17, 2020 4:47 AM

R114 Ugh, that website is called cafemom, it’s the ultimate a Karen site.

by Anonymousreply 115October 17, 2020 4:53 AM

Right? Karens are seeing ghosts now!!

by Anonymousreply 116October 17, 2020 5:01 AM

The best part of the documentary is near the beginning, when Chris takes the cops to a neighbor's house to get security camera footage. Neighbor is cordial, but the minute Chris leaves the room he looks a cop straight in the eye and declares "He's faking."

Cop says something about people having different reactions under stress, but the neighbor knows what he knows. "He's faking."

by Anonymousreply 117October 17, 2020 5:47 AM

By far, the best haunting was Nichol's ghost giggling in the video of the dogs searching Sh'hannahan's shoe closet. It was part of a video that also had Shnnann's ghost taking selfies in mirrors — which may be the only remotely believable part of The Haunting of Thrive Manor.

It was never explained why the living mistress would have a ghost in the first place, much less a ghost in the dead wife's closet (unless they wore the same size shoes?) while she was home and would have cut the bitch who touched her TJ Maxx clearance fuck-mes, but the frauen ran with it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 118October 17, 2020 5:49 AM

Thrive Manor, lol. Though Shannananatanata would have wanted it to be called the Thrive Manse.

by Anonymousreply 119October 17, 2020 5:54 AM

I could have made him so happy. Never would have bagged him, just let him use me for whatever he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 120October 17, 2020 2:19 PM

R120 - never would have NAGGED him lol

by Anonymousreply 121October 17, 2020 2:20 PM

The standards of some DLers - to the extent they have any - are seriously low if this guy’s an object of desire.

by Anonymousreply 122October 17, 2020 2:27 PM

But I thought Shanann was making SO MUCH MONEY with her #BossBabe pyramid cult.

She wasn’t going to agree to any damn divorce. She’d have to move to an affordable apartment like a peon. And actually take care of her own children, including a newborn, without her chore boy. She might actually have to put her phone down and change a diaper.

She wouldn’t even be able to leave the state and move back home unless Chris consented to it. Her parents would have to sell everything but the house AGAIN and come to CO and help out AGAIN. Didn’t work out too well the last time. They were probably urging her to fix it because they couldn’t do it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 123October 17, 2020 2:42 PM

r122, women are the same. no taste.

by Anonymousreply 124October 17, 2020 2:50 PM

I saw mentioned that Shanananayatrent was arrested fifteen times and there was speak that she had embezzled from the auto parts store to afford her house. Washer record one of the reasons they had to leave North Carolina? Anybody see more concrete information about this since the documentary didn’t cover her crimes and misdemeanors?

by Anonymousreply 125October 17, 2020 3:24 PM

Again, Shannon's flaws had nothing to do with why she and the Watts children were killed. They died because they happened to be standing between a sociopath and what he wanted, and it' have been the same if Shannon had been a living saint or a career criminal, I mean those kids never did anything wrong and he killed them just as dead as the annoying wife! There's something wrong with the Dataloungers who think the murder of Shannon at least was a comeuppance for being everything they hate about middle-class women, it wasn't. This was a financial crime, a man with no conscience or empathy trying to spare himself the expense of a divorce.

On, sorry, a mild correction. If she'd been a career criminal instead of an ordinary schmuck, she'd have figured it out and killed him first.

by Anonymousreply 126October 17, 2020 3:38 PM

i wonder if Shanann would have changed the name of the baby, since it was so close to the whore's name Nicole

by Anonymousreply 127October 17, 2020 3:40 PM

R126 exactly. I don’t understand the hatred of middle class women, as I don’t feel that way. I’m not making assumptions that they are bigots who hate gay men. Sometimes I think the kaftan wearing elder gays are just jealous of women. Like they would have a chance with the uggo Chris Twatts of the world of it weren’t for their wives.

by Anonymousreply 128October 17, 2020 7:01 PM

In R107’s story it is reported the mistress is part of a witness protection program. I throught only witnesses in a trial had access to such programs. And what exactly is she receiving being part of a WPP? How much is she costing tax payers? She lied to investigators and had suspicious google searches. Why would they choose to help her?

by Anonymousreply 129October 17, 2020 7:23 PM

R126, Shanann’s annoyingness and comorbidities are not the cause of the murders and no one is saying they were. They’re just a sideshow and interesting to explore. There isn’t a soul here who thinks she deserved what he did to her. If there is, please stand up so we can smack you.

by Anonymousreply 130October 17, 2020 9:21 PM

R125, those arrests were a different person. But the rumors of embezzlement and the other shady financial shit are very likely true. Not that she deserved to be murdered. There’s a pattern of scammy behavior.

by Anonymousreply 131October 17, 2020 9:24 PM

Not only did he strangle his little girls to death, he also had to break a lot of their bones so their bodies would fit into the oil tanks.

by Anonymousreply 132October 17, 2020 10:13 PM

R110: Shanana was not sweet and humble and a more emotionally mature woman would have would up with a more mature husband. Shanana was so self-involved that she really did not see the depth of Chris' anger and immaturity. She just saw rejection that would make her crazy life fall apart. As callous as Chris was to his daughters, they were just props to Shanana.

by Anonymousreply 133October 17, 2020 10:44 PM

I still think it should be an opera.

by Anonymousreply 134October 17, 2020 11:50 PM

Watching this now. OMG Chris Watts can't even look the police officer in the eye. He's so squirrely from the word GO. It's actually so uncomfortable to see how awkward and guilty he acts from the very first moments.

by Anonymousreply 135October 18, 2020 5:15 AM

I knew nothing about this case going in - I'm a true crime buff, so I have no idea how I missed it.

Shanann came off TERRIBLY in the documentary. What a raging cunt! That clip where Chris was at the door in the Santa outfit, and she reamed him out for not having his phone with him told me all I needed to know about her.

Up until the last 10 minutes, I was expecting some sort of reveal where Chris falsely confessed and the real killer was apprehended.

Nope. I guess that's the power of psychopaths. They can so easily fool you. He got what he deserved.

by Anonymousreply 136October 18, 2020 5:36 AM

R136. I just watched that scene, and she really didn't ream him out. She stayed calm, she was just asking about the phone like "oh honey, why did you leave it in the garage" but super calm. Yes she said something mildly snarky when she went to the garage to get the phone, but he wasn't in ear shot.

by Anonymousreply 137October 18, 2020 5:42 AM

The filming of their lives is so over the top though. It gives me so much stress to think that they all had to be performing for the camera every single second.

by Anonymousreply 138October 18, 2020 5:49 AM

I wish women realized they are considered nothing more than a penis hole to most straight men.

by Anonymousreply 139October 18, 2020 5:54 AM

The fuck R137. Shananana was a total cunt! Putting the man down. Im sure he didn't even wanna put on that ridiculous outfit. She made him feel Chris feel stupid about a phone.

by Anonymousreply 140October 18, 2020 6:03 AM

Sha Na Na was bossy, but Watts was a willing submissive, takes 2 on that dynamic, and he was ok with it until he found a hotter bossy woman. He was trying to pretend he loved his wife and wanted to make thing work until last message. Like some here mentioned, he killed his family because of greed, but also, as a big part of his insecure ex-fatty self, because he was worried about his image. He was stupid enough to think he could get everything, the woman, the money and the sympathy of the community, after all, those who he defrauded were in a oil tank or in a shallow grave. That's why he confessed when the police man give him the idea of saying he wasn't a bad guy, just a loving father who killed the murderer of his daughters.

by Anonymousreply 141October 18, 2020 9:41 AM

[quote]just a loving father who killed the murderer of his daughters

...and took a shit right next to her corpse.

by Anonymousreply 142October 18, 2020 9:47 AM

Link please, r142.

by Anonymousreply 143October 18, 2020 12:39 PM

I don't know why people are so amazed at the crapping at the dump site. I'd imagine sitting and spewing are both common reactions to killing people if you aren't used to it.

by Anonymousreply 144October 18, 2020 10:40 PM

*shitting, not sitting. Though you may also need a right good sit down after.

by Anonymousreply 145October 18, 2020 10:41 PM

What was the deal with him giving that report about relationship deterioration (back when he was fat)? Because there was no narration, it was just the footage but no explanation.

by Anonymousreply 146October 18, 2020 10:46 PM

Shanan was insufferable. And the police did interview a guy who claimed he had sex with Chris Watts. Watts mistress Nicky and his wife looked a bit alike and were a bit man-faced.

The killing of the kids makes any "he snapped" explanation moot. He tried to kill them in their sleep a couple of times. He tried to poison them a couple of times. Finally after he killed Shanan, he put her body on the floor of the car in the back seat. Then strapped his two pre-schoolers in with Shanan's body on the floor and drove not that short a distance in the dark to the oil field/work site. Then he smothered the younger one in front of the older one. The older one asked if it was going to happen to her and he did it to her. Then he stuffed everybody in their own oil pipe, crushing his kids' skulls to get them to fit.

That's not a "Wah wah I'm married to a horrible human being and can't stand my life." crime. Yeah, they were dug in a hole - she was pregnant, they were massivley in debt. But that doesn't lead to murdering your kids in front of their dead mom after repeated prior attempts to murder them, then crushing them into oil pipes.

He went through all of his life with nobody suspecting he was capable of this. That's my takeaway. How many other people have it in them but are never quite brought to that point?

by Anonymousreply 147October 19, 2020 1:52 AM

He also fucked her one last time more or less right before he killed her, if Shanann's texts are to be believed. When she takes a shower before bed it's a signal she wants sex.

by Anonymousreply 148October 19, 2020 3:11 AM

[Last four syllables of "Family Ties" theme song] did nothing to deserve what happened, so I don't know why you all have to keep saying how horrible she was and making fun of her name.

by Anonymousreply 149October 19, 2020 3:55 AM

R149: You must not know many dysfunctional couples. There's never an angel and she did stupid stuff with her name.

by Anonymousreply 150October 19, 2020 11:40 PM

There's never an angel in dysfunctional couples, but there was only one devil from the worst depths of hell in the Watts family.

by Anonymousreply 151October 19, 2020 11:43 PM

R150: We just want to make pearl clutchers like you cry.

by Anonymousreply 152October 20, 2020 2:10 AM

R152, I finally watched it and I agree about Shannan’s social media addiction being insane. But I have to ask the chicken-egg question: Was she addicted to SM because she needed companionship when her husband checked out, or did he check out because he needed companionship, and his wife wasn’t available anymore, because she became a victim of addiction?

I think he’s a psychopath and learned how to act like others. He mimicked everything, including what he thought made a person noble.

Also, after having watched the footage of the mistress, I believe she was extremely deceptive and I’m not sure why she wasn’t held to the fire more, other than technicalities, such as she wasn’t physically there, but emotionally, she definitely WAS there.

JMHO. I can be totally wrong, as I often am.

by Anonymousreply 153October 20, 2020 8:42 AM

I agree R117. That working class guy got it immediately! Very insightful of him.

by Anonymousreply 154October 20, 2020 10:16 AM

R132, the autopsy report did not mention any broken bones. Stop watching Dr. Phil.

by Anonymousreply 155October 20, 2020 10:58 AM

R137 is a Shanann. You really see nothing wrong with publicly broadcasting your snotty comments about your spouse as soon as he’s out of earshot?

If a person has so little regard and respect for the person they’re married to, they should file for divorce. He was such a manchild, why was she so desperate to hang on to him.

To paraphrase r139, I wish straight men realize how they’re nothing more than a wallet to most women.

by Anonymousreply 156October 20, 2020 11:06 AM

R156 Straight men know this. They tolerate it because women have the meat wallet.

by Anonymousreply 157October 20, 2020 11:54 AM

Netflix is saying this has been there most watched documentary. I’m not trusting of all these superlatives coming out of a Netflix lately, but I guess it’s only based on them this year tracking things more publicly or something? Can anyone explain that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158October 20, 2020 11:19 PM

I don't think the wife deserved to be murdered, but her parents certainly did.

by Anonymousreply 159October 20, 2020 11:35 PM

I used to work with a guy who was an obvious sociopath. Men couldn’t see it, all the women could.

He dated a woman whom he talked about a bit. She was educated, owned her own business, very worldly. Traveled a lot, knew a lot of languages for her job. We met her at company events. She was good looking and very friendly and personable. Which was part of her job requirements.

He described her as someone he had no feelings about as a person. He described her accomplishments and thought she had done well for herself, but that’s it. His way of dealing with her was, he would invite her over and get her drunk, then fuck her. Then send her home. This went on for about a year.

After a year, he mentioned that she wanted to move in with him. She had no idea why he didn’t want to. None. She was a hole to him and that’s it. She thought they were in a romance. That was so far from the reality of the situation I couldn’t understand it. He said he would always try to get her drunk right away and not have to talk much, but after months of this she wanted to spend some time talking before fucking. But he had nothing to say to her. He didn’t care what she thought about anything.

While this “relationship” was going on, he was making incredibly misogynistic statements about women at work, including talking about his female family members as if they were slow-witted and barely capable of thought. They were college educated and his mother had a good job. But he described them as dumb animals.

At a certain point, this woman decided to break up with him. Everyone at work breathed a sigh of relief, because he was frightening and they thought she dodged a bullet.

This guy just had no feelings. Nobody doubted that if she got in the way somehow he would have killed her. I could see him deciding he had to marry to do well at work, then getting sick of faking and just killing his family. He had a lot of pent up hostility, but I don’t know why. He himself said his family was nice to him, they didn’t treat him badly. It just came out of nowhere. He had a lot of contempt for anyone he thought was inferior, which was all women, whether it was family, coworkers or strangers. He spent a lot of effort ass kissing all the male execs, so they thought he was a genius. Showed a completely different face when they were not around.

I think a child to him would be like a cardboard cutout, not a real person, or a fly buzzing around his head, a nuisance that serves no purpose.

People like this are missing a part of their brain. I don’t think it’s anything they’re doing on purpose, they’re just brain damaged. It’s hard to describe how dead cold he was about people. No emotions. It was like he would look at someone and not see anything past their exterior. Really abnormal.

I think this is what Chris Watts was like.

by Anonymousreply 160October 21, 2020 12:21 AM

A good friend of mine was looking at a news broadcast of some Israeli guys who were laying outside a disco injured and in shock after a terror attack. He started commenting on how goodlooking some of them were. What?! Reminds me of a joke: Two gay guys standing on a bridge. One guy says "Omigawd that guy down there, he's drowning. Other guy says (all together now): Is he cute?!

by Anonymousreply 161October 21, 2020 12:44 AM

Your good friend must be a Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 162October 21, 2020 12:54 AM

[quote] Netflix is saying this has been there most watched documentary.

[quote]Can anyone explain that?

We can’t even explain the difference between there, their, and they’re to you. Now you want us to explain a complicated Netflix algorithm?!

by Anonymousreply 163October 21, 2020 11:40 AM

[quote] some Israeli guys who were laying outside a disco

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 164October 21, 2020 11:40 AM

Ah, the grammar nazi has arrived. What tookya?

by Anonymousreply 165October 21, 2020 1:07 PM

This guy is a hack true crime writer, but obsessed with the case. He brings up lots about the basement and the refrigerators in this episode and calls out the whole doc to task for covering up MLM, Thrive and the patches and how Shanlahdgab is presented in fairytale terms. He makes some nice connections to the show How to be a God in Central Florida. I guess there are only fleeting images of the basement and the bins filled with tons of Thrive merch that they needed to push, he also mentions the bad financial situation they were in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 21, 2020 1:46 PM

R160 The guy you are describing does not sound like Chris Watts to me. Do sociopaths get excited like that about potential partners? Chris Watts was head over heels gaga for Nicole whats-her-name. She wasn't just another "hole" to him. He would give her mushy cards and letters, he was totally psyched. He wanted to create a new life with her. Badly. So badly that he did unspeakable things -- but there were emotions in there.

by Anonymousreply 167October 22, 2020 2:40 PM

So was the gossip about Chris hooking up with men true or was Trent just a delusional datalounger?

by Anonymousreply 168October 22, 2020 4:05 PM

Probably true now r168

by Anonymousreply 169October 22, 2020 4:32 PM

Not true. He was another quack

by Anonymousreply 170October 23, 2020 6:25 AM

I bet Chris's cock is tlhick. He mustve came into Nikholes cunt a million times..loudly. They both were lust whipped. At least he had one last really hot sex romp. Btw I doubt he and Shamann fucked one last time. Unless it was hate fucking that turned into murder. Why was she found in a shirt and underwear? Did he pull her panties and shirt on on after he killed her? I doubt he would've. So that's why I know they didnt fuck

by Anonymousreply 171October 23, 2020 6:30 AM

R171, I don’t think they had sex, either.

There’s a text where she tells her friend they were having plenty of sex before she left for NC. If true, it’s because he was pouring all his sexual energy into the available hole, not the new one he was waiting to get into.

by Anonymousreply 172October 23, 2020 12:09 PM

Chris says they had sex. Shaman instigated it. But she ended up crying afterwards. She probably put her tee and panties back on rather than remain naked while crying. Plus. a lot of women don’t sleep fully nude and will put panties back on after sex. In this case though, he told her he wanted to break up — right after the sex. I wouldn’t have wanted to stay naked either after being told that while nude and vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 173October 23, 2020 12:25 PM

Was an autopsy conducted? Was semen reported to be on or in her body?

by Anonymousreply 174October 24, 2020 1:47 AM

Shanann knee he was boinking someone else. Whether she admitted to herself fully is another story.

She was a true saleswoman. She wanted to WIN, and unfortunately, her husband was determined that she not do so, and killed her.

Had I been in her situation, I wouldn’t have gotten pregnant AGAIN, nor would I have left him alone for six weeks.

I would have just sat down with him and asked him if he wanted a divorce. Had he said yes, then great. Had he said no, I would have said, “great”, and would have then made arrangements to leave with the kids for six weeks, making sure I had filed for a divorce before leaving. Then I would have returned with the kids, stayed with a friend, looking for a normal job, while he saw the kids as much as he wanted, until the 50/50 custody arrangements were made via the courts.

You do not pursue a man who is clearly done with marriage. You divorce the , and cry for a while, heal, go to therapy, and be the best mom you can be and coparent with your ex.

That’s it.

She made a lot of poor choices, and Chris is a piece of shit psychopath for doing what he did to his family.

Glad he’s gonna be away for good.

by Anonymousreply 175October 24, 2020 2:54 AM

R175 But Chris and Shanana were very sexually active before she and the kids went away for those five or six weeks. That's the thing. It was her and the kids being GONE that freed Chris up to think of life beyond his marriage.

I do not get the sense that he was boinking Nicole before Shanana went on that trip. To be sure, he stopped being very communicative, and he stopped instigating communication, during her absence. And she repeatedly called him out on it. But all of his text responses to her queries of "what's going on with you right now?" were variations on "I'm sorry. I'll do better. Love you, babe! Miss you guys!" and other generic husband-y BS. If he'd been honest and said "I'm experiencing all this freedom, I'm attracted to my co-worker, and I'm rethinking our marriage," then Shanana would have had something concrete to work with. He didn't. He lied and pretended and lied and pretended.

So no, she really didn't have the time and presence of mind to go through all the steps that you've laid out. The shift happened really fast. It was a matter of a few weeks. She was confused and in shock.

by Anonymousreply 176October 24, 2020 3:24 AM

R174 If the reports are correct, I think Shannanananana had a coffin birth, so that may have messed with forensic information like that.

by Anonymousreply 177October 24, 2020 4:08 AM

R175, that's how divorces work... among sane, reasonable and prosperous people.

If you calmly tell a fucking psychopath that you know he's found someone new and you're okay with a divorce, he either kills you to avoid legal fees and the division of community property, or he kills you to get the break UK p over with sooner rather than later, or he kills the kids to avoid paying child support, or if you're very lucky, he just leaves you without a cent to your name.

You really haven't been paying attention. He didnt kill Shannan and the totally innocent kids because she handled the split wrong, he killed them because murder was cheaper and more convenient than a divorce. And that would have held true no matter what she did.

by Anonymousreply 178October 24, 2020 7:06 AM

R178 misses the other point here which is that Shananana was too self-involved to think of divorce rationally. It would create the wrong kind of drama for her silly reality show of a life.

by Anonymousreply 179October 24, 2020 1:59 PM

R179 Another reason Shanna so tenacious about wanting to fight for the marriage is that she was extremely attracted to Chris physically, more than ever before. He'd gotten into the best shape of his life and mamma was super horny for his cock. In texts to friends in the final weeks, Shazanne talked A LOT about the lack of sex, feeling so horny, upset that he did not touch her butt, etc etc.

My impression is that before she went on that fateful trip, they were still having a lot of sex. Which is why she was (rightly) so shocked, confused and suspicious when the sex and affection suddenly dried up.

by Anonymousreply 180October 24, 2020 3:37 PM

AGAIN, R179, you're missing the point, in that the murders didn't happen because of anything that Shannan did or didn't do, they happened because Chris wanted to get rid of his existing wife and kiddies as quickly and cheaply as possible. Even if she'd been a saint or a fount of wisdom, divorces take time and they cost the participants money, and he'd have had to share custody and pay child support and split the community property, if he'd divorced Shannan he'd have had less money to spend on himself and the new bitch than if he killed her.

That IS how psychopaths and sociopaths think.

by Anonymousreply 181October 24, 2020 3:38 PM

R181 Yes, that's the heart of it.

R175 She could never in a million years have anticipated that her husband of eight years was suddenly going to murder her and their two babies. So without the threat of death looming, most folks try to fight for the marriage before instantly throwing in the towel. SHE didn't want to break up. He did. And it was a pretty recent, sudden shift.

You make it sound like contemplating a divorce [italic] that you do not at all want [italic]

is a clean, rational business decision. "Oh, I am detecting some emotional disconnection in my spouse. l'll cut my fourth-quarter losses and start looking for an apartment this afternoon. We'll iron out the divestments with the lawyers next week."

by Anonymousreply 182October 24, 2020 3:58 PM

Watts is a phony and cheap narcissist, and not very bright, let me add, even mother Teresa would end up in a shallow grave giving "birth" post mortem, and that's why he killed his completely innocent girls, not because of Shannon Ann behavior, that guys was probably completely fucked up before he even met her, that's why he was a fatty and a pussy whipped. If you wanna blame someone take a look of his mother.

by Anonymousreply 183October 24, 2020 4:19 PM

R167, I still think he was a sociopath. The guy I described could show multiple different personalities to different people. I don’t mean he had multiple personalities, I mean he would put on whatever personality he needed to influence a particular person to his advantage. But it was cold and calculated, to influence their behavior. He would say or do anything, but it was all fake.

We had a gay manager who was so far in the closet, he was miles past Narnia. He sussed out this guy was gay in about thirty seconds. He flirted with the guy continually, he invited himself along to the gym with him, he played sports with him. This guy was so discreet, he never went anywhere with coworkers other than on events sponsored by the company. Never brought a date. But suddenly they were going out together to play sports, going to dinner. This was really improper since he was a direct report. And he would loudly say, I’ll see you at X in an hour (after work), so everybody knew. It was visible that the boss had a crush. That was the first emotion any of us had seen from him. But he was handsome, he could have gotten somebody else. He was a vulnerable mark with this guy, but normally, not sympathetic or emotional at all. He saw his vulnerabilities instantly and played him.

The result of this was he could do anything he wanted. He was overtly favored. When he decided to quit, he announced to everyone, I’m putting out my resume because this company isn’t good enough for me, it’s holding me back. No reaction. Anyone else would have been fired. He stayed until he found something. And was congratulated by all the execs, who agreed he was much too smart to stay there. This was a company where loyalty was everything. Not with him.

When the execs were gone, he was a different person. Rude, disrespectful, bullying. They never saw that side. Everyone else did and couldn’t stand him. Same with his girlfriend. He must have been lying like hell to her because she wasn’t stupid. What he said behind her back was chilling.

Watts killed his wife, when they were supposedly getting along. Put her body in the car. The kids knew. Put the kids in the car with the body inside the car with them, not in the trunk, and drove with them for hours to kill them. Nobody has racing Adrenalin for hours driving quietly. It wears off and you end up exhausted. It was a cold and calculated act. Killed one kid in front of the other, not caring if she saw. It was hands on, not a quick gunshot. The other kid watched and said, is that what’s going to happen to me? Nobody that’s not a sociopath could avoid being touched by that. Killed her anyway. Crushed and smashed their bodies to dispose of them. Many parents that kill their kids tenderly lay them out, showing they still value them. This guy mutilated their bodies for his own benefit, and disposed of them like garbage, in a way that would quickly destroy their bodies. A murderous parent often tries to hide the killings from the other children, kills them as quickly or as painlessly as possible, or carefully wraps the bodies in blankets. This guy showed no respect for the remains.

Every step of his actions shows that Shannon was in the dark about this. He was putting on a front for her. He had obviously figured out the disposal spot in advance. Premeditated. This is a person that could put on an act of false enthusiasm to manipulate people to do what he wanted. He was herding them like sheep.

His “enthusiasm for the mistress” wasn’t for her personally, she represented a fresh start. He didn’t plan to fight for custody, he didn’t want it. The new woman was a do-over. Just walk away from a life he didn’t enjoy to be carefree. Only a sociopath could be carefree after killing his own small children, or even think he would be beforehand. This was not a crime of passion, this was a crime of calculation. He had multiple opportunities to stop before killing the kids, or before killing the second kid. Or kill himself after. Nope. No regrets.

by Anonymousreply 184October 24, 2020 4:20 PM

Perpetrators of familicide are often “highly repressed individuals,” Websdale said, facing potential eviction or bankruptcy. The family may be facing destitution, but “appear on the surface to be respectable.”

Another kind of family annihilator is attempting to “extricate themselves from a family life that they can’t tolerate,” Berrill said. Perhaps there’s an impending divorce, a threat to remove the children or an extramarital affair

“They decide that they’re going to take matters into their own hands,” Berrill said, “in order to presumably pursue a better existence without being shackled by the constraints of having a family to support and take care of.”

This is the most common sort of intimate partner homicide, Leite said: “It’s at the moment they feel that they are losing that control, that they have the brilliant idea that the only thing to do is to kill them.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 24, 2020 4:26 PM

R185, there are people that kill their wives because they’re having an affair, or maybe kill their kids to punish an unfaithful wife. These usually aren’t calculated murders with a lot of premeditation. Sometimes the father holds the kids hostage in a police standoff and kills them, to punish the wife who left him. But these are very emotional killings. A lot of times the people say they’re sorry later, or kill themselves out of regret or guilt. Those aren’t necessarily sociopaths, they’re mostly just irrational for one reason or another. Drugs, machismo.

People who plot for weeks or months to kill small children, when it’s unnecessary, are something else. He could have killed the wife, disappeared the body and turned the kids in to foster care shortly after, saying he couldn’t care for them without his wife’s help, or saying he was struggling with depression. He could have given them up for adoption. He wouldn’t have looked great doing it, but he could have gone to therapy and talked about how sad he was to cover himself.

The guy wanted to to close every loophole in one day. He didn’t have the patience to spend a year getting rid of the kids, filling out paperwork. Or having to explain to his girlfriend why he didn’t want them. She probably would have wanted kids herself (who he wouldn’t want either), and would have found this unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 186October 24, 2020 4:38 PM

R184 I hear and validate every single thing you said, except for one thing:

[quote] Watts killed his wife, when they were supposedly getting along.

They most certainly were not getting along. Maybe things felt less dire before Shanann and the kids' trip away for those five weeks in North Carolina, but they were heard by neighbors arguing at the tops of their lungs.

When she left, Chris pursued the affair with his coworker. Even over the phone, Shanann was sensing the estrangement and railing against it. She sent him relationship books which he promptly threw in the trash. She was sobbing constantly and despairing to all of her friends. He had totally emotionally disconnected from her.

Shanann was getting more and more frantic to try and keep the marriage intact, which surely repulsed him. She left him a long love letter the weekend she went to her Thrive conference, and that must have made him feel like "okay, she's not getting the fucking hint here!" He was getting impatient and petulant. On that last night, when Shanann had returned from her Thrive conference, they actually had sex (finally), but then right afterwards, he told her he was seeing someone else and that he wanted a divorce. She was devastated, crushed and angry. She says "you will never see your kids again." So between her sappy emotionality, the pregnancy, and then her threatening a custody power play on him, he couldn't repress his seething rage any longer.

None of speaks to them having been "getting along."

by Anonymousreply 187October 24, 2020 4:43 PM

I don’t buy anything Chris said happened the night before/morning of the killings.

I don’t buy that he had sex with Shanann before he strangled her.

I don’t buy that the kids were alive when he drove to the oil tanks.

Not that these things are unbelievable. Chris Watts is just a stone cold liar.

by Anonymousreply 188October 24, 2020 5:09 PM

The guy had the wherewithal to remove the ring from the hand of his wife he just strangled to death. Then texted his mistress later that day, asking what he should do with the ring.

His actions were all based on money.

by Anonymousreply 189October 24, 2020 5:15 PM

R187, that’s interesting. But what I mean is from Shannon’s point of view, she didn’t know what was going on. They were fighting, and she knew they were having problems, but marriages with small children have ups and downs a lot. She hadn’t given up on him, and then he had sex with her. Probably to put her off her guard so she wouldn’t be prepared for what was next.

Think about it. You know you’re plotting to kill someone for weeks or months. You just need to finish your plans and have the opportunity. The plans are finally ready and here’s the opportunity. And you are cold enough that you’re able to get an erection knowing you’re about to murder people, including little kids? How many people could do that?

Most people that are about to murder somebody, let alone several people, including kids, would be pretty nervous, I would think. You never know if something might go wrong, and it’s a genie you can’t put back in the bottle once you start. What if someone gets away? What if someone overheard? It must be nerve wracking.

“Premeditated murder,” according to the law, isn’t necessarily somebody who planned to kill somebody for a month. It can be someone that planned to kill somebody for five minutes. It seems to me that he planned to keep his family unaware to the last second. That’s a form of premeditation in itself. “In order to be able to get to my wife so I can kill her, I’ll do this and this and she’ll never suspect or try to get away.” Although they may not have been getting along for a while, at the last minute, she thought they were. She wasn’t thinking when they had sex, the next thing he’s going to say is let’s get a divorce. She thought at least for that minute, things were looking up. She had hope.

And why tell her he wanted a divorce, when he had already planned to kill her? Just to see the look on her face? Sociopath looking for the money shot.

by Anonymousreply 190October 24, 2020 5:23 PM

To me, the most inexplicable thing about it is disposing of the bodies at work. Even if they were found twenty years later, that would instantly make him a suspect. Even if they were found after he died, people would know.

He could be remarried, having a great time years later, then suddenly the bodies could be found and ruin everything. What’s the reasoning behind that? Did he really think there would be no trace left?

by Anonymousreply 191October 24, 2020 5:29 PM

He gaslighted the fuck out of her intensely, in a matter of a few week making her believe everything was ok, yet poisoning her while in her presence towards the end. She pretty much turned him from a blob into a hot guy, basically for another woman to enjoy.

Now he's trying to appeal his sentence saying he was coerced by the cops by the lie detector. Piece of shit should have been electrocuted.

by Anonymousreply 192October 24, 2020 5:31 PM

After all the hours I’ve spent reading about this case, Chris really only mentions the oldest daughter, Bella, and what she did and said the morning of the killings.

Bella walked in the room when he was strangling Shanann. Bella asked if Mommy was ok.

Bella mentioned the bad smell during the drive to the oil tanks, that Chris said was from Shanann eliminating her bowels.

Bella asked if he was going to do to her what he did to CeCe.

Chris wrote to that looney woman from prison, who later published his letters, that he smothered the daughters before strangling Shanann. And he was surprised when Bella walked in the room, while he was strangling Shanann. He said Bella looked like she had been through trauma.

Bella might have been the only one alive in the truck with Chris, on that drive to the oil tanks that morning.

But we will never know the real truth.

by Anonymousreply 193October 24, 2020 5:44 PM

Chris was very concerned with what the police detectives thought of him. He didn’t want to admit to killing the kids before killing Shanann. He wanted them to think he killed Shanann in a rage, because she said “you’ll never see the kids again.”

by Anonymousreply 194October 24, 2020 5:59 PM

A kid would have to be pretty young and confused to do that. The kid could have easily run out the door to the neighbors’ house while he was killing Shanann.

What was she thinking? He killed one sister, then she sees him killing her mother? Run away.

R193, that woman might have gained his trust to get the dirt so she could publish it. I bet she was a true crime aficionado. Maybe she wanted to write a book or something.

by Anonymousreply 195October 24, 2020 6:01 PM

[R195] Bella couldn’t run out the door. They had a childproof bolt on the front door that was latched. This latch is what prevented Scooby from gaining access to the house when she came looking for Shanann that day. She kept tripping the alarm and Chris texted her asking if it was her.

Of course that woman who published Chris’s letters wrote a very poorly written book. Just like Chris, all about the money.

by Anonymousreply 196October 24, 2020 6:09 PM

R181: For a would be expert on psychopaths, you're completely oblivious to the context---a relationship with a controlling narcissist. They are emotionally pretty much on the same level in terms of development. Not every "psychopath" is the same---they don't all kill and he had enough self-control that he didn't kill her earlier in the marriage. Dealing in stereotypes completely misses the point of this and most other troubled couples. There's usually a lot of emotional coercion and it reaches a point where the coerced partner does something rash. That doesn't eliminate their culpability but it takes away from the pure victim narrative that the doc film maker tried to create---the film maker's obliviousness to Shan-whatever is about the only thing that makes it interesting.

by Anonymousreply 197October 24, 2020 6:13 PM

R181, I’m not disagreeing. So what do you think would have happened if he’d been successful in getting away with murder? Would he have killed his mistress? I guess not if they didn’t marry and have kids.

I think he didn’t even care about getting caught. He was fucked no matter what, and he was tired of all these bossy women nagging at him, trying to make him choose. So he killed the most vulnerable ones. He still has to listen to his mommy, though.

by Anonymousreply 198October 24, 2020 6:23 PM

Wait so are you saying you feel that CeCe was already dead from the original in-house smothering? Because Chris said that in spite of trying to kill them in the home, both girls woke back up. And he described how they were holding each other in the back of the car. And then he described smothering CeCe at the site, while Bella watched. And he went on to say that Bella said "Daddy, are you going to do that to me next?"

If one or both of the girls was, in actuality, already dead in the house before he killed Shazan, why would he make up a version of the story that is even more horrific than the truth? He would gain nothing from his fabricated version except looking like even more of a ruthless, cold-blooded killer.

by Anonymousreply 199October 24, 2020 6:36 PM

^^^ for R193 ^^^

by Anonymousreply 200October 24, 2020 6:37 PM

R191 I agree with you! It's confounding that he would bury the bodies at his place of work. That was the dumbest, stupidest, most reckless thing he could have possibly ever done. And yet, it's what he did.

My only guess is that he was going to be really late for work if he didn't dispose of them on-site. So he did it there, quickly and haphazardly, in order to "arrive" at work on time.

by Anonymousreply 201October 24, 2020 6:40 PM

Shazamm, as devoid of authenticity as she seemed to be, made being a mother her #1 identity.

Until he got the new stank, all Chris knew was holding apron strings his whole life.

by Anonymousreply 202October 24, 2020 7:05 PM

“Chris said...”

Anything that Chris said needs to be verified by hard fact evidence before it can be believed. He’s told numerous lies and versions.

by Anonymousreply 203October 24, 2020 7:08 PM

R202, and the new stank was just as controlling as the other two. Otherwise he wouldn’t have wanted her.

by Anonymousreply 204October 24, 2020 7:12 PM

R204 Yes. Holding apron strings was his only identity. Not being a father.

by Anonymousreply 205October 24, 2020 7:15 PM

Everyone, just back the fuck up for a hot second. This man is an EXPERT on relationship deterioration and repair. How dare you question is methods?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206October 24, 2020 7:31 PM

The nickname they gave Chris at work was Silver Fox. They got the ball rolling.

by Anonymousreply 207October 24, 2020 8:01 PM

For a man who supposedly planned to eliminate his family for some time before actually putting the plan into motion, the killings and disposal were extremely disorganised. It all seems very spur-of-the-moment to me, particularly when it came to eliminating the daughters. Had he taken time to dig proper graves either at his work site, to which he had access 24/7, or elsewhere in what is a largely rural part of Colorado, it is very likely the bodies would never have been found. Disposal in the oil tanks made discovery of these bodies almost certain -- this seems like panic vs. a plan, and even possibly a subconscious guilt reaction.

by Anonymousreply 208October 24, 2020 9:57 PM

R208, I don’t know how bodies decompose in oil, but there’s no bugs or animals that are going to eat bodies in oil. He would have been better off laying them out in a remote area and letting the wild animals get them.

by Anonymousreply 209October 24, 2020 10:34 PM

If someone wants to visit Chris, is that allowed? I'm sure he could use some company.

by Anonymousreply 210October 24, 2020 10:39 PM

R210 Chris has to add his visitors to a list. He added the woman who published the letters he wrote and who wrote the book about him. She visited him something like three times.

by Anonymousreply 211October 24, 2020 10:45 PM

His work truck had serious surveillance on it. It recorded when he started the ignition and everywhere he went, via GPS. That man could not take a step without being recorded.

They only had the one car - Shanann’s white (blecch) Lexus that Le-Vel “paid for”.

by Anonymousreply 212October 25, 2020 1:10 AM

R210 Sorry ladies, but Chris is already taken

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213October 25, 2020 1:39 AM

Anna Nowak’s interview about Chris Watts shed light on their relationship.

In the HLN docuseries, Lies, Crimes, & Video, Nowak opened up about their relationship, and even blamed Watts’ mistress, Nichol Kessinger, for the murders.

“Chris feels that if the affair had never happened, if she would have never came into his life, that the murders would never have happened,” she said.

“He thinks that she had this strong control over him, that he describes like a leash,” she added.

by Anonymousreply 214October 25, 2020 1:46 AM

^^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215October 25, 2020 1:49 AM

She looks like a meth faced Shanann.

by Anonymousreply 216October 25, 2020 2:07 AM

If Chris were allowed conjugal visits, I would be the first to volunteer.

by Anonymousreply 217October 25, 2020 2:23 AM

DIEter DIETer

by Anonymousreply 218October 25, 2020 7:37 AM

Sooo actually what IS in those Thrive patches? Anyone do an independent study?

by Anonymousreply 219October 25, 2020 7:39 AM

Ironic/ coincidence that once Shanannandann signed up to Thrive she signed her death warrant.

by Anonymousreply 220October 25, 2020 7:41 AM

He fucked her andc strangled her at the same time. Why there is no defense wounds. Once done, pulled up her panties which were probably hanging off her foot during coitus. Yanked her ring off and rolled her like a joint.

by Anonymousreply 221October 25, 2020 7:45 AM

Shanann's parents told Dr. Phil that the girls' bodies had to be bagged and sealed in their coffins to contain the decomposition—they were too far gone to be embalmed and they couldn't be cremated due to the flammability of the crude oil.

by Anonymousreply 222October 25, 2020 8:05 AM

He has a type, R215! Wow...

by Anonymousreply 223October 25, 2020 10:07 AM

Yikes, standards for men are low when this way average white male is considered “hot”. Makes me wonder what kind of leprechaun trolls post on here.

by Anonymousreply 224October 25, 2020 1:17 PM

If I had a wife and she hemorrhaged money we didn’t have on stuff like a POS “Oops we did it again” shirt, to tell me she was pregnant, I’d be having dark thoughts, too.

She could’ve made a homemade sandwich board out of cardboard, free of charge, that had the same message, and wore that instead.

by Anonymousreply 225October 25, 2020 2:24 PM

Good god, R222. Wow.

And R221 may be on to something... That sounds logical and slightly even more horrific..

by Anonymousreply 226October 25, 2020 2:52 PM

"If I had a wife and she hemorrhaged money we didn’t have on stuff like a POS “Oops we did it again” shirt, to tell me she was pregnant, I’d be having dark thoughts, too."

Or like maybe, wear a condom or get snipped? But I realize it's too much asking an adult male to make choices that would improve his life when you can BURN THE WITCH or KILL THE BITCH instead.

by Anonymousreply 227October 25, 2020 3:44 PM

"If I had a wife and she hemorrhaged money we didn’t have on stuff like a POS “Oops we did it again” shirt, to tell me she was pregnant, I’d be having dark thoughts, too."

Or like maybe, wear a condom or get snipped? But I realize it's too much asking an adult male to make choices that would improve his life when you can BURN THE WITCH or KILL THE BITCH instead.

by Anonymousreply 228October 25, 2020 3:44 PM

R227 and R228 thinks the Oops We Did it Again shirt was a wise investment.

by Anonymousreply 229October 25, 2020 3:58 PM

R229, that’s a tacky shirt. The point is, the cost of a T-shirt is not the problem. You think saving the cost of a T-shirt is going to make any dent at all on the million dollars or so it takes to raise a kid? It’s like pissing into the ocean. He should have spent more on condoms and he wouldn’t have to pay for the T-shirt. Think ahead.

And anybody who hates their wife that much needs to either leave, or get snipped. He was willing enough to knock her up. By the time she’s showing enough to wear that shirt, the horse is already out the barn door for months on end. He should have told her to get an abortion months ago.

by Anonymousreply 230October 25, 2020 4:06 PM

Her family made a loving shrine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231October 25, 2020 4:26 PM

They don’t use the kids’ last name at all. How sad for them, they are trying to take their grandkids back after their deaths, which they could have done if he’d just gotten a divorce. Things would have worked out. He wasn’t willing to look forward to what life after divorce could be with any optimism.

by Anonymousreply 232October 25, 2020 4:32 PM

R182, I’m not a freakin’ sociopath, but I am pretty intuitive, as was Shannan.

I believe she went away for those six weeks, so that Chris would come to miss her and the kids, and recognize how empty his life was, without them. This is a common thing that women do, and I even did it once, myself. Did not work, FYI. He still walked and married someone else shortly after I returned.

I understand her motivations, but here is the thing:

That may have worked had there not been at that time, at the very least, an emotional affair between Chris and his mistress, Nichole. Instead, what happened was the opposite of her intended desire, and Chris became increasingly more and more attached to Nichole. In fact, more than ever.

Here’s also another thing: MOST women KNOW when their husbands have checked out emotionally, ESPECIALLY if they’re still having sex. Why? Because the communication and the sex become DIFFERENT. When this happens, MOST women assume there’s someone else, even if there isn’t someone else. But we do know when things are OVER. We just do. Surely, most men are the same, I assume?

I’m not blaming Shannann for her own murder, but YES, I’m able to tell when something is OVER between myself and the man I’m with, and being older than Shannan was at the time of her death, experience has taught me to walk away when things are over. She knew it was over as well, hence, why she fought SO HARD to keep him.

I get it. Been there, done that, minus the children element.

You can’t fight for a man who is no longer in love with you, and I too, have learned this unfortunate lesson, the hard way. Not as hard as poor Shannann was forced to learn it, but badly enough to remember that pain, and not want to go through the whole, “let’s PLEASE try to save our relationship” thingy. When it is over, I know it in my gut, and I walk.

That doesn’t make me a sociopath, it makes me a person who knows how to bow out as gracefully as possible, even while having a broken heart.

by Anonymousreply 233October 25, 2020 4:34 PM

[quote] between myself and the man

*eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 234October 25, 2020 4:43 PM

OMG, R234.

Sigh.

I’ve never written this to anyone here, but here goes:

You truly are insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 235October 25, 2020 4:50 PM

^^Get over yourself, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 236October 25, 2020 4:55 PM

R233 I understand the theory of what you are saying. But you might be overlaying your experience onto hers sort-of after the fact. Like, you went through it, you know how the story ends, and now you want to make it so that Shanann should have known how the story ended BEFORE it ended. Does this make sense? In other words, you have the benefit of hindsight to help you judge how everything could or should have "gone down." But that is hubris on your part.

For one, Shanann wasn't living with the benefit of your hindsight awareness. She was stuck uncomfortably, confusingly right in the present moment of her own life. Yes, for SURE she could tell he'd pulled away. And yes, she sensed, astutely, that he was seeing someone else. But we are all taught these days, that when the going gets tough in a marriage, you shouldn't just immediately throw in the towel. We judge people for doing that on this and every other gossip site, all the time.

The prevailing folk wisdom in the US is still this: because the two become one, and you both took certain vows, then you both should attempt to heal any emergent breach in a marriage with patience, stamina, and dedication to your vows. If you don't believe me, see the link below for Fat Chris Watt's own speech on "Relationship Deterioration and Repair." Particularly where there are small children whose lives will be forever altered by your actions, the goal is to put some effort into repair before you give up. And... she was also pregnant! So no, I don't think her first thought out of the gate be "Aww, that's too bad, he's having an affair, I guess it's over. Time to methodically divvy up the assets and liabilities."

Secondly, you may have totally different personality and your "logical brain" may be stronger than your "emotional/creative" side. Everyone has a different ration of right/left brain attributes.

Thirdly, would YOU want to be a single mother with one still in your belly? Or would you want to keep the mother/father unit intact for your two going on three children? Oh right, you didn't have children to worry about. So you wouldn't know or care about how that might feel to walk away from the shattered dreams of an intact family unit while pregnant with two tiny daughters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237October 25, 2020 5:14 PM

There’s a lot of women who still want the lifestyle of stay at home mom with lifetime job security. A lot of men have moved on from that and hate it, so these women are trying to hang on to a relationship that’s built on quicksand.

A lot of them have a fixit baby, and get divorced anyway, which might be what was happening here. She had no reason to think her husband was going to kill her and her kids.

I spoke to a woman with two kids a while back. Her husband “went out for cigarettes” one day and moved straight into his girlfriend’s house. He called her up after he arrived at his girlfriend’s to tell her he was having an affair and had just left her.

She said she already knew he was a “bad person” when she got pregnant the second time. She just wanted two kids with the same partner, and she knew he had a good job to pay for child support. I thought the idea of having children with a “bad man” on purpose because he had the money to support another kid was sad for the kid. He pretty much cut them off after the divorce, other than writing checks.

Women that put more kids into a situation like that are narcissists. They don’t care how anybody is affected but themselves. But that doesn’t mean it’s okay to kill them and their kids. Guys like this don’t want to take responsibility for being in a bad relationship, or not wanting kids. They married these women, they need to set boundaries. Not just let a woman walk all over them and then complain because they never stand up for themselves or say no. I think these very repressed people just snap, because they’re immature anyway and can’t deal the negative consequences of expressing their own emotions.

by Anonymousreply 238October 25, 2020 5:56 PM

R238 But what if setting boundaries is not an option? Narcissists don't respect peoples' damn boundaries.

If you grew up with a mother who was a narcissist, you will have internalized that they are the only people that matter. And it is FUTILE to express your feelings and needs. Because your mother does. not. care. So you learn that there are only two options with women: 1. Repress everything you think and feel and go with the flow, agree, and stay quiet to keep the peace, or 2. Lose your fucking shit, and explode do a degree that is too scary to be ignored, shamed, or rationalized away, by the narcissistic "other."

by Anonymousreply 239October 25, 2020 6:12 PM

R183, R237, I agree with you about your perspective regarding my perspective, 100%, full stop.

I agree, and because of my personal experiences, especially the really painful ones, I tend to retreat when I sense I’m not wanted - EXCEPT FOR DATALOUNGE, Bitch @ R236-LMAO.

Anyhow, R237. Yes. Very astute and apt analysis on your part regarding me.

And bra, allegedly, Chris had been asking for a divorce or a “separation” for a little over a year BEFORE the family annihilation.

So yes, while I agree that I would have perhaps given it 6 months tops, she gave it a year. And of course she did not expect that he would kill her, because that’s insane, and no one believes that someone would actually murder them.

The whole thing is just terribly freakin’ tragic and sad. I wish so much that she had just walked away from this man with her two little girls.

Sometimes, you’ve gotta have a bit of grit. I’ve lost a lot of my resolve regarding several things in my personal life, which I’m attempting to rebuild. But I had true grit before and I just have to learn to have it again, but to do so without shutting people out.

So there are two extremes, Shannann, and I.

Below is a link of documents that were created via law enforcement’s investigations. They do not pop up for me on my phone, but perhaps they’ll pop up on an iPad or MacBook, or a PC.

Allegedly, PLENTY of people knew he wanted to break up and they knew that he had wanted to do so, for almost a year or more, and he had allegedly told her this much.

I think he was fed up with not being listened to. She did not deserve to die, OBVIOUSLY, but there were things going on here, behind the scenes, that weren’t as kosher as we’re made to understand of not looking at the documents I’m linking within my link, below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 25, 2020 6:53 PM

R239, you state exactly what I attempted to at R240.

You “get it”, and so do I.

by Anonymousreply 241October 25, 2020 6:55 PM

And *btw, allegedly, Chris had been asking for a divorce or a “separation” for a little over a year BEFORE the family annihilation

by Anonymousreply 242October 25, 2020 6:57 PM

R240 I appreciate your honesty. I hope you get your groove back. It's really hard to bounce back emotionally from the dissolution of a relationship the older we get. But I guess everything is a mirror that we can see ourselves in and then we can grow from the knowledge. Succumbing to cynicism is really bad. I'm trying to take time right now to be single and grow, for this very reason.

I didn't realize how long Chris had been wanting out! DAMN!!! With that in mind...you just know when he came home that day, and she was wearing that ridiculous t-shirt that said "Oops! We did it again!" and the freaking camera was rolling, as per usua,l to force an "acceptable" response out of him...was the day he started to plan those murders. Shannann was clearly in denial, and doing the exact opposite of listening to him and taking him seriously that he was unhappy in the marriage. She thought having a "hail Mary" baby in the fourth quarter was going to bring them back together. How naive can you be? It's all very, very poignant.

by Anonymousreply 243October 25, 2020 8:37 PM

It's so weird that their unborn baby's name was Nico Lee. They both had a special Nicole in their lives.....Which one came up with naming the son that? If it was Chris, that's pretty audacious.

by Anonymousreply 244October 25, 2020 8:51 PM

If I had a nickle for every woman I knew who had a baby when they knew their marriage was failing Id be able to buy an island in the Bahamas . Conversely if I had the same nickle for every woman I knew who deliberately got pregnant to try and catch a man Id be able to buy 2 islands.50 years after that little ploy ceased to work yet they still do it . I too had no idea he had wanted out for so long ,wich makes her little reveal that much more sinister on her part .

by Anonymousreply 245October 25, 2020 9:10 PM

[quote] If I had a nickle

[quote]Conversely if I had the same nickle

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 246October 25, 2020 9:19 PM

Only dumbbells breed and have kids these days, for whatever reason.

by Anonymousreply 247October 25, 2020 9:25 PM

they seemed fit for one another, by which I mean: she was one of those typical boring girls with the need to "fit into" the typical boring social roles. Her mind was dull. As a guy he might not have realized how annoying she could be. I noticed her obsession with MLM and didn't even watch the doc, just saw a youtube video in which her life revolved around whining about Chris and selling stupid products. She had an idea of what she wanted and he felt stifled,. He was equally annoying. I see his type at the gym or online, obsessed with his testosterone levels and his ab workouts (I have really good abs naturally so these types come up and hit on me. i know instantly they will annoy me with their obsession. Who the fuck cares about ab workouts, I tell them. ) They have sex in boring ways, from what they learned watching porn. Even their fantasies and sense of fun are limited. The only problem with him is that he also had sociopathy and lack of impulse control. Like a child he saw what he wanted and thought he found a shortcut. Well he sure did....just not with the consequences he'd intended. They became expendable to him, merely objects in his way. That part is terrifying. Anyone out there could be like that.

on the plus side, they lucked into being good-looking. Seems like a lot of those boring people where I live get to be born good looking in the typical acceptable non-ethnic way. No sexiness, just plain even-featured white looks. It should be made into a movie about the dullness of capitalism and obsession with social media etc. and the sense there should be more to life, but would probably just end up as a sensationalized Lifetime movie.

by Anonymousreply 248October 25, 2020 9:29 PM

"That doesn’t make me a sociopath, it makes me a person who knows how to bow out as gracefully as possible, even while having a broken heart."

R175 etc., your situation doesn't equate with Shannan's, she was not in a position to handle things the way you did. She had two small dependent children and another on the way and no job worthy of the name, plus she was married to a FUCKING SOCIOPATH who was going to screw her over financially at best, and even if she didn't realize how evil he was she probably realized that divorcing him wouldn't be easy or lucrative. You, R175, can *afford* to think in terms of relationships and your pride and how to hold your head high, someone like Shannen, with 2.5 children who needed full-time care and no money of her own, had to think in terms of survival and a looming financial abyss. And that, I presume, is why she tried to keep the marriage going.

Again, the murders didn't happen because anything Shannen did or didn't do, they happened because Watts thought that murder was quicker, cheaper, and easier than a divorce, and that would have held true no matter what the poor woman did. Stop thinking of your own situation if you want to understand this crime, and start thinking of hers.

by Anonymousreply 249October 25, 2020 11:01 PM

[quote] Was Shannnalana successful only because she was one of the thinner ones?

[quote] maybe Shananananana’s brother Frankie can use some of his GoFundMe money to sponsor a bill to do just that.

[quote]Ironic/ coincidence that once Shanannandann signed up to Thrive she signed her death warrant.

Are these "creative" spellings of Shanann's name supposed to be funny?

We get it -- she had a weird name.

by Anonymousreply 250October 25, 2020 11:18 PM

If she had been a Stay at Home Mom without Thrive, they would’ve been much better off financially. Thrive was how she got her rocks off and was the means by which to post on SM nonstop. It’s not a job, it’s more like a financial black hole, like a gambling addiction. They are/were both basic boobs, but I wonder what they would’ve been like without Thrive. What did dumb people in colonial days do to get attention? Bake the biggest pies at the county fair and memorize scripture for Bible study? We will never know because there used to be no means for the average Joe with a big ego to leave a footprint.

by Anonymousreply 251October 25, 2020 11:32 PM

I think the reason some people get obsessed with those MLM rackets is because they appeal to a certain personality type - the overgrown high school girl who values "popularity" above all, and who thinks that going into person-to-person sales is a way to make a living from being popular. To someone who craves the feeling of popularity, every sale reinforces that particular ego need, and in some cases can probably be emotionally addictive.

Not that the Thrive shit had anything to do with why she was murdered. If they'd been worth ten million dollars he'd have killed her, to keep all ten million for himself.

by Anonymousreply 252October 26, 2020 12:10 AM

R249, are you OK? Or are you having some tough times right now? I’m genuinely asking and I’m asking in the spirit of kindness. Zero snark. We’ve all been going through tons of shit for the last 4 years, and it’s been rough for many of us out here. I get it.

Look, I agreed with everything you wrote, while responding to another post and the poster of the post, upthread. I understand that I’m looking at it from a myopic perspective, and I admitted as much.

Shannann did NOT deserve to die and Chris Watts is 100 % responsible for what he did to his family. There was absolutely no reason to kill her, and he should have walked away instead.

What I was pointing out is that Shannann knew her husband wanted out. He had repeatedly asked her for a separation, and she repeatedly ignored his feelings, and stayed with a man who was going through the motions. I understand being desperate to hang on to someone. I did it too, with better results than she did, obviously.

The hardest thing in the world to do, is walking away from someone you still love. I did it after I returned from my sabbatical, and he immediately met someone else, knocked her up, and married her, and went on to make her miserable, just like he had me. A shame, too, because she’s a great gal.

Getting pregnant again y a man who wants out and has been begging you to agree to a divorce, isn’t a great way to resolve marital issues. And I got lucky that it didn’t happen to me, as my asshole was actually slipping off his condom when we had sex. I have no idea why men do that sort of shit, but it’s not always the woman, and that could have been the case here, too.

This whole thing was a disaster. What I’m saying is that when your husband tells you he wants out, you need to listen to him and understand why. Either you ask him to work on the marriage, and see how that goes, and if there are improvements, you continue to check in with each other, and make sure you’re both still on the same page, and if at any point you’re not, you have no choice to but to end things, children or no children.

I’m not blaming Shannann for her own murder, for chrissakes, however, I am saying that we need to be realistic and honest with ourselves when our very own partners aren’t, and walk away.

I took a HUGE financial hit when I descended into relapse and depression at the end of my crappy relationship, btw. One that I’m still struggling with and attempting to overcome, so I know there’s a price to pay when putting yourself first, because putting yourself first doesn’t always mean you get to walk away, without a scratch. I walked away with MANY scratches, and while I no longer GAF about him, the aftermath wrecked me, and I’m still picking up the pieces from that time in my life.

Never again. I refuse to become an unhappy cynic and not be in another relationship where someone truly loves me, however, I will never allow myself to become as desperate to keep someone in my life like that, ever again.

EVER.

by Anonymousreply 253October 26, 2020 12:14 AM

R253 I don’t think R249 read this thread thoroughly because you and I had an exchange that would have made their post moot. Sorry you had to defend yourself a second time.

This case really triggers people. It’s totally incredible incredible just what a lightning rod this particular case has been and continues to be.

Killing the kids was so needlessly egregious, and it’s the kids who are at the heart of the tragedy. And they would have been at the heart of any decisions regarding the relationship, too. I think it’s hard for people to tolerate comparisons between folks like you who who didn’t have kids with your partner, being able to go “Okay, I get it—it’s over,” and Shanann, who had two children with her husband, and one on the way. She had so much more to lose by walking away.

Not that your input isn’t valid, it’s just a different can of worms. And you already admitted as much, so let’s all move on.

by Anonymousreply 254October 26, 2020 12:36 AM

R250 was her birth name just plain Shannon? Did the Shanann and the apostrophe come later?

by Anonymousreply 255October 26, 2020 12:41 AM

Thanks, R254.

agreed.

by Anonymousreply 256October 26, 2020 12:43 AM

"[R249], are you OK? Or are you having some tough times right now?"

Me? I'm fine, R175 etc., I'm thriving financially even, but I've looked right into that financial abyss in the past, and I do mean I was in peril of ending up homeless, and hauled myself out of the abyss and into some degree of prosperity. I wouldn't have been able to do it if I'd had dependent kids or if other factors hadn't been working in my favor. R175, you honestly sound like someone who's never been poor or in desperate circumstances, and have absolutely no idea what it's like. FYI the fear of poverty and/or disaster overrides all the emotional concerns you have, and believe me, a pregnant woman with no real job, two small children to support, and a sociopathic ex is going to be in desperate circumstances once the marriage ends. People only listen, understand each other's feelings, and hold their head high when their heart is breaking, if they know that the rent is going to be paid and the grocery bills will be paid - it's all there in Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

Sorry, I get so frustrated with people who have no idea what it means to be really poor or really afraid, or to have their personal survival threatened, and who go around criticizing people who have tried to cope with impossible circumstances. It's not just this dreadful case, I confess I'm taking out feelings on you that are meant for every middle-class dickhead who doesn't understand why the poor don't just go out and get good jobs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257October 26, 2020 12:52 AM

Did you get rich selling Thrive?

Nobody makes money in MLM schemes.

by Anonymousreply 258October 26, 2020 12:54 AM

R257 I’m a huge fan of Maslow and the Heirarchy of Needs. It should be a standard lens through which human behavior is examined. It explains so much. ( Criminality being a big one.)

by Anonymousreply 259October 26, 2020 12:59 AM

R249, no harm done, and I understand your frustrations.

We don’t know each other, or about each other’s lives, but to answer your question, yes - I’ve been poor, as an adult, on my own. I’ve almost been homeless, if not for the charity of friends and family. I missed that situation by a narrow margin, more than once.

The one thing I’ve never had is children, which I understand full heartedly, changes the game COMPLETELY

As I said, no harm done, and R254 has the right idea about us all staying friendly, and moving on.

Also, I’m also a huge fan of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. Should be required reading in high schools.

by Anonymousreply 260October 26, 2020 1:19 AM

Is that story about Watts wanting a divorce for a year legit? If so why did he knock her up?

by Anonymousreply 261October 26, 2020 1:52 AM

Legit, R261. Even the family’s hairdresser knew.

by Anonymousreply 262October 26, 2020 1:59 AM

R261 I've done some googling about that since it was revealed earlier today that he'd been vocal about wanting to break up for a long time, which I did not know. From what I can piece together, he was simply a total pussy, and an emotional fraud.

For instance, at one point he was telling Shanann "Let's try a separation." while also telling NK, "I am actively divorcing my wife and it will be finalized sometime soon." He had well-established issues with being upfront about his feelings. So it stands to reason that he also was mushy enough within himself to half-heartedly go along with trying for a baby in the midst of it all.

by Anonymousreply 263October 26, 2020 2:11 AM

R261 Also, Shanann had trouble conceiving the other two..so I think Chris felt confident she would not get pregnant a third time, or at least not easily.

by Anonymousreply 264October 26, 2020 2:14 AM

The marriage was obviously troubled, but there is no proof (outside of sketchy blogs) that he manned up and said "I want a divorce" a year before the marriage. All couples fight, and they were clearly dysfunctional, but it doesn't sound like he pulled the trigger.

And if your marriage is over...move out. She couldn't have stopped him from leaving. And more importantly...don't fuck her. If the marriage was over a year before the murders, why she was 4 months pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 265October 26, 2020 2:19 AM

R265, because straight men do this kind of shit. They easily become confused, especially if they’re horns and want kids or already have kids, and become resigned to having the women who he married and the woman who he screws on the side, to make decisions for them.

They feel tentative about divorce, because financially, it’s not optimal for them. Or they do it for all kinds of reasons that make no sense.

That’s why I tend to have my guard up, and walk away from wishy washy men.

Anyhow, I too, was surprised when I came across the information about Chris’ advocation for a divorce for nearly a year before the marriage ended, yet was not surprised about her pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 266October 26, 2020 7:57 AM

“If I had a nickle for every woman I knew who had a baby when they knew their marriage was failing Id be able to buy an island in the Bahamas . Conversely if I had the same nickle for every woman I knew who deliberately got pregnant to try and catch a man Id be able to buy 2 islands.50 years after that little ploy ceased to work yet they still do it .”

How did all of these women you allegedly knew get pregnant? Because their husbands didn’t fuck them?

by Anonymousreply 267October 27, 2020 1:22 PM

R1 Not just DLers, fraus have ben writing to him.

by Anonymousreply 268October 27, 2020 1:51 PM

R267 Does the pregnancy trap still work?

by Anonymousreply 269October 27, 2020 1:52 PM

R269, I’ve known a bunch of women that try it, usually with guys who don’t want kids and don’t want to get married and really just want to hookup, paired with a woman who wants a relationship. The women watch too many Hallmark movies and think baby = white picket fence with previously totally unenthusiastic man.

Men need to take more responsibility for their own birth control, and they need to listen to the words emitting from women’s mouths, instead of totally ignoring any sounds coming from them. Women like this do drop some hints. It’s not a surprise if you listen.

They don’t want to work, their other kids are getting older and they want a baby, they want a man to support them. They’re not listening to the man’s ideas about raising a family. They all have very unrealistic ideas about the relationship, and about whether a baby is affordable on one salary. They have a job they don’t like or want to quit. The relationship is shaky and the man is either tired of her, cheating or wants her to get a job because the youngest is getting older. They’re often heavily in debt or don’t make enough money to pay for much more than childcare.

Bringing a baby into a shitty relationship or trying to make a relationship out of hookup + baby is just cruel to the child. If you don’t want to have a baby, wrap it up. Men that don’t want to have a baby and don’t want to use birth control are nuts, because the kind of women that want to have a baby over your dead body are batshit crazy and are going to make your life hell forever.

by Anonymousreply 270October 27, 2020 2:24 PM

Forgot to mention, the other main reason women want to have a baby in an unstable or non-existent relationship is they’re very insecure, have very low self esteem, and “just want a baby to love them.” Never have a baby with someone who needs to be in therapy and isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 271October 27, 2020 2:31 PM

In my coutry, abortion is still illegal. A friend of mine since college got pregnant from a boyfriend from a few months only and her first thought was she was scared he could hurt her, because she didnt know the guy that much. It was false alarm apparently or she got an abortion anyway somehow. The first cause of death on pregnant women is murder by their partners, not just in my country. Its not a golden ticket, is a Russian roulette too. Just ask Shann'ann.

by Anonymousreply 272October 27, 2020 2:46 PM

"Does the pregnancy trap still work?"

There is no "pregnancy trap", only straight men who think they don't have any responsibility in preventing pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 273October 27, 2020 2:48 PM

The "pregnancy trap" only works if the relationship is firm, and then only sometimes. If the relationship is serious and he's putting off any discussion of marriage, and he isn't taking any responsibility for birth control, a pregnancy might get him to the altar. Or not, now that there's no shame in illegitimacy for parent or child. If the relationship isn't serious or it's one-sided, the best a woman can hope for is that he's willing to co-parent.

We'll never know how deliberate Shannan's last pregnancy was, but holy christ when the marriage is in its death throes and he's cheating and they're in a mountain of debt, getting pregnant deliberately is idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 274October 27, 2020 3:28 PM

R267 I worked c-stores for many years and believe me,when your in one place for a while you get to know everyone AND their business . Wether you want to or not. Getting knocked up by a reluctant man is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel . A few drinks,hes horny,voila . Most who tried to catch a man by getting pregnant were young stupid bitches. Young enough to still think if a man fucks them its because he cares about her. Most who tried to keep a man by getting pregnant were in the 30s ,usually already mothers. Young or old,they usually regretted it . Just my observations from decades of dealing with the public.

by Anonymousreply 275October 27, 2020 3:43 PM

R275, I agree. Most people that do this are in one sided relationships and it doesn’t work.

And the kids pay, the father moves on, while the kid is sometimes blamed by the mother for not fixing a bad relationship and they’re treated like failures. Once the marriage is over, their entire purpose for existing is obsolete, from some women’s point of view. They aren’t stable or well adjusted women.

by Anonymousreply 276October 27, 2020 3:52 PM

I'm surprised it's still a thing because I thought that the stigma against having kids out-of-wedlock was gone.

by Anonymousreply 277October 28, 2020 6:55 PM

Face it, if gay men could "trap a man" by getting pregnant, half the Datalounge would be knocked up.

by Anonymousreply 278October 29, 2020 12:39 AM

I watched this the other night. He was gaslighting the hell out of her. Why would he be fucking Shannan if he wanted out of the marriage? And I get bad vibes from the mistress, Nicoll?. Her Google searches are more than a coincidence. She had been looking for an opportunity to make a move on Chris. I fully believe that she gave him an ultimatum....make the family go away, or we're done.

by Anonymousreply 279October 29, 2020 12:39 AM

What was Nicoll (is that really the spelling of her name? 🙄) Googling?

by Anonymousreply 280October 29, 2020 6:06 PM

I just can’t believe people this trashy exist.

Wait.... thats not true. I moved to the burbs a few years ago. Before that, I lived in rural areas and large cities.

The burbs are something different... and terrible. My god, the stupidity. The trashiness. It’s unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 281October 29, 2020 6:17 PM

Why do men date these law quality women?

Date a woman with some education and a decent job. She wont be interested in all this unplanned pregnancy bullshit.

But if you date a woman with no education or career, OF COURSE she’s likely to start popping out babies as her “job.”

by Anonymousreply 282October 29, 2020 6:20 PM

I know there are many YouTube videos about the case, but I found some interesting and not seen before material in this one that just focuses on Chris. It starts with him giving a power point talk about relationships and their demise and seems like a roadmap for how the break down in the marriage occurred. There’s also quite a bit of material about him in high school and his personality and aspirations. Lots of pictures too and he was a good looking young man and it seemed that while borderline aspie, he had some potential. I did watch the first video by this guy on Shananan, but it was basically a retread of other stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283October 29, 2020 6:35 PM

I dont know why,but though I followed this case from its beginning ,I never really thought about poor Bella knowing what was coming . When it struck me I was heartbroken and horrified anew.

by Anonymousreply 284October 29, 2020 6:47 PM

"Why do men date these law quality women?"

Because the high quality women can do better than a fat sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 285October 29, 2020 6:53 PM

Checking gum and french kissing after the wedding vowels.

The marriage was doomed!

by Anonymousreply 286October 30, 2020 11:47 AM

You can play Frau Bingo watching the documentary.

Keep an eye out for the 'Live, Love, Laugh' artwork, the Eiffel Tower print, the purple and pink ascent walls, the trip to Vegas as a life event on Facebook, the oversized bow headband for the infant girl.

by Anonymousreply 287October 30, 2020 11:49 AM

R287 Whenever I see "artwork" that obviously came from Target in someone's home or office, it's a clear sight that they're someone to avoid.

by Anonymousreply 288October 30, 2020 3:25 PM

Another annoying thing about Shanana was her kids’ names. Could she have possibly picked more obnoxiously hip, unoriginal names as Bella and Celeste?

by Anonymousreply 289October 30, 2020 4:44 PM

R288, some ppl cannot afford original Van Gogh's or the like.

by Anonymousreply 290October 30, 2020 5:16 PM

The names Bella and Celeste sound more like pet names than for children. They also are from “Barbar” , aren’t they? Little elephant names.

by Anonymousreply 291October 30, 2020 5:50 PM

Someone point R290 to an art show. Or Etsy.

by Anonymousreply 292October 30, 2020 6:05 PM

R292, point is, some ppl cannot afford anything but Target. And, who really cares wtf they put in their own house anyway? I have good friends that use that stuff and their homes are beautiful. AND they are dems. so.

by Anonymousreply 293October 30, 2020 6:18 PM

Bella and Celeste sound like the town local pizzerias.

by Anonymousreply 294October 30, 2020 7:03 PM

Frau Alert at R293

by Anonymousreply 295October 30, 2020 7:09 PM

or a candle company, or a lingerie boutique

by Anonymousreply 296October 30, 2020 7:10 PM

Why did Bella have such thin hair? It never got long. She looked like she was literally balding.

by Anonymousreply 297October 30, 2020 7:14 PM

Do you guys think Chris thought his kids were fraus and wanted a do-over?

by Anonymousreply 298October 30, 2020 8:01 PM

I bet Shan'nannann was just the type to flick her bean to the Yankee Candle Co. catalogue.

by Anonymousreply 299October 30, 2020 10:13 PM

That’s disgusting.

Has me doubled over with laughter.

But disgusting nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 300October 30, 2020 11:12 PM

I couldn't watch all of the doco - not because of the evil, but Shananananan really irked me.

by Anonymousreply 301October 31, 2020 11:51 AM

“Why do men date these law quality women?”

Because most men are POS and water seeks its own level.

by Anonymousreply 302October 31, 2020 1:04 PM

I loved this doc. Mainly because I love Chris and got to see more photos and videos of him. But I am stunned at how ShannAss filmed every aspect of her terrible, suburban hell like she was the fucking queen of England. I don’t blame Chris for smothering the life out of her. She was insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 303October 31, 2020 1:10 PM

“The names Bella and Celeste sound more like pet names than for children. They also are from “Barbar” , aren’t they? Little elephant names.”

Both names were (maybe are) characters’ names on Days of Our Lives. I hate that I know this.

by Anonymousreply 304October 31, 2020 1:30 PM

[QUOTE] Both names were (maybe are) characters’ names on Days of Our Lives. I hate that I know this.

Well, there’s a Belle, not Bella. But I love this anyway.

My sister and I are both named after soap opera characters.

by Anonymousreply 305October 31, 2020 2:06 PM

[quote] My sister and I are both named after soap opera characters.

JR and Bobby?

by Anonymousreply 306October 31, 2020 2:34 PM

I’m disgusted that you guys view Chris as some hot piece after watching this documentary. How he was filmed at their initial disappearance was so creepy. He led a double life and it takes some mental disease to do that.

I could understand wanting to leave his wife. I could understand snapping and killing her. I can’t understand killing the kids.

What’s wrong with divorce?

by Anonymousreply 307October 31, 2020 2:42 PM

[quote] He led a double life and it takes some mental disease to do that.

You’re lecturing gay guys on the perils of living a double life? And claiming it’s a mental disease to boot?!

Fuck off, frau!

by Anonymousreply 308October 31, 2020 2:52 PM

He is not remotely attractive. That MOUTH! Who would want to kiss that?? It looks meth mouth combined with old lady mouth.

He's a cold blooded murder.

by Anonymousreply 309October 31, 2020 4:15 PM

Shanann kept cutting Bella’s hair, some speculate, in the wildly mistaken belief that it would make it grow in thicker. It’s a bunch of hogwash.

I think it was punishment, because she subscribed to some cultish method of child-rearing called “Babywise” which is discouraged by pediatricians. She posted about how badly Bella wanted long hair, so why did she keep cutting it to make her look like a boy? She rewarded her with hair barrettes for not sucking her thumb. Was there a hair-related punishment for sucking it? ...

by Anonymousreply 310October 31, 2020 4:56 PM

r308, leading a double life - aka being closeted is not the same thing as killing your family. For you to suggest they are I think you should look inward. Gay and lesbians stayed in the closet out of necessity to a world not ready to accept them. He stayed married to a woman he didn't love because he feared she would take his children away? So he killed them? Mental problem is there.

by Anonymousreply 311October 31, 2020 5:20 PM

and for fantasizing and excusing him because you think he is hot, a fucking child murderer, you HAVE serious mental derangement.

All those bitches who chased after Bundy and the Menendez brothers while they sat in jail because they thought there were hot are some sick losers. YOU are in that category. Get some self respect.

by Anonymousreply 312October 31, 2020 5:24 PM

R312, who are you talking to?

by Anonymousreply 313October 31, 2020 5:33 PM

MURDERER, Oh dear to myself.

by Anonymousreply 314October 31, 2020 5:36 PM

You’re so full of shit, r311. Nobody is equating the closet with killing your family. This is what YOU said:

[quote] How he was filmed at their initial disappearance was so creepy. [bold]He led a double life and it takes some mental disease to do that.[/bold]

Not killing your wife takes mental disease. Not killing your family takes mental disease. Leading a double life takes mental disease. Thats what you said and now when you’re called out you want to walk that back and say “oh, no, I was talking about his murdering people.”

by Anonymousreply 315October 31, 2020 5:38 PM

For those interested, I just saw a teaser for Dr. Oz today with this topic as the theme.

by Anonymousreply 316November 3, 2020 1:15 PM

R316 - Thank you!!!!! I voraciously watch anything with Chris in it. Sometimes there’s previously unseen footage.

by Anonymousreply 317November 3, 2020 1:23 PM

R205 wtf does “holding apron strings” mean?

by Anonymousreply 318November 3, 2020 1:30 PM

R304 that’s why Celeste being a trendy name is so weird to me. I always picture the Days of Our Lives character.

by Anonymousreply 319November 3, 2020 1:32 PM

I always picture Mama Celeste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320November 3, 2020 2:17 PM

R318, I’m not him, but what I think he means is this:

When someone is a Momma’s Boy, they’ll be told it’s time to cut the apron strings. Holding on to the apron strings would indicate someone immature who wants a mother, not a wife or girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 321November 3, 2020 2:20 PM

R318 Holding apron strings is self-explanatory. And always remember that Google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 322November 3, 2020 6:43 PM

322, that gives a whole new meaning to the EBTG song, Apron Strings:

Apron strings Hanging empty Crazy things My body tells me I want someone to tie to my lonely Apron strings Apron strings Waiting for you Pretty things That I could call you I want someone to tie to my lonely Apron strings He'd look just like me when I was young And I wonder as the days unwind Will he have your eyes or mine Then I wake up to my Apron strings Cold and lonely For time brings Thoughts that only Will be quiet when someone clings to my Apron strings And I'll be perfect in my own way When you cry I'll be there I'll sing to you and comb your hair All your troubles I will share For apron strings Can be used for other things Than what they're meant for And you'd be happy wrapped in my Apron strings Source: LyricFind Songwriters: Tracey Thorn / Ben Watts Apron Strings lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

by Anonymousreply 323November 3, 2020 9:46 PM

I'm watching Gone Girl on Hulu. First time I've seen it in years. It's eerie how much the story foreshadowed Chris and Shanann. They even have a Scooby Nickole!

If Amazing Amy included an MLM, I'd say Gillian Flynn was a psychic.

by Anonymousreply 324November 29, 2020 7:51 AM

I finally watched this tonight - after watching the entire docuseries called The Trial of Gabriel Fernandez. I hate to make it about race, but I am literally watching (as I type) Chris confess that he knows where the kids are buried as his father rubs his back and the police talk gently with him about what's going to happen next. The crazy Mexicans in the Gabriel series? They were treated like the trash they are. Chris should have been treated similarly...

by Anonymousreply 325November 29, 2020 8:06 AM

"I'm watching Gone Girl on Hulu. First time I've seen it in years. It's eerie how much the story foreshadowed Chris and Shanann"

I disagree, I don't think "GG" mirrors the story of the Wattses one bit, except for the existence of an unhappy heterosexual marriage. After all, in the Watts version, the woman and two kiddies ended up genuinely dead.

by Anonymousreply 326November 29, 2020 4:10 PM

Bump. The Chris Watts fan girls and Shanana haters have been so quiet lately :(

by Anonymousreply 327January 23, 2021 2:16 AM

I have a frau Facebook acquaintance who has gotten involved with Thrive and is traveling extensively for the company. I want to ask her if she knows about the Shanann Watts connection, but I've resisted.

by Anonymousreply 328January 23, 2021 3:08 AM

Why did chris never lawyer up? He should have refused that polygraph and retained an attorney.

by Anonymousreply 329January 27, 2021 3:42 AM

Chris seemed a little mentally slow and Shannan led him around by the nose

by Anonymousreply 330January 27, 2021 3:45 AM

She reminded me of Peggy Bundy bugging Al for sex

by Anonymousreply 331January 27, 2021 3:51 AM

I like the terminology around this case—“honbots” and “shiners.” Apparently honbots revere Shanon as a MLM maven and saintly mother of the Colorado cul d sac. So they made a meme with her face that says “shine on, Shanon” that they post on their discussion boards. Then there are anti-shiners who think she ball busted and pussy whipped poor CW into a murderous rage. (DL would fall into the anti-shiner camp) The most interesting part to me is their disgraceful finances and the tons of cartons of caffeine patches in their basement. And every picture of them they have Pittsburgh Steelers garb and Thrive patches stuck all over themselves! I can see how this never ceases to captivate people, it’s all so bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 332January 27, 2021 3:59 AM

I think the girlfriend put him to this and he took the fall for her.

by Anonymousreply 333January 27, 2021 4:06 AM

Yeah I agree the girlfriend definitely gave off a socio vibe. Chris seems borderline developmentally delayed

by Anonymousreply 334January 27, 2021 4:10 AM

The girlfriend had an irrational hate for Shannan. I think she wanted Shannan dead more than she wanted a relationship with Chris. I can't believe she got off scott free.

by Anonymousreply 335January 27, 2021 4:34 AM

R332 Excellent post! Thanks for the info.

by Anonymousreply 336January 27, 2021 4:36 AM

[R335] She really did hate her and covet her McMansion and Big Lots decor! She had been spying on her FB page before she started up with CW. Girl wanted Shanans slow LD man and all the accompanying bedazzled glitz n glam.

by Anonymousreply 337January 27, 2021 5:57 AM

there is a reddit forum called watts off topic that totally hates Shannan.

by Anonymousreply 338January 27, 2021 6:03 AM

Shannon was very pushy and that's exactly the kind of women a simp like Watts want and seek. That kind of straight men are very good a playing victims, they are " good guys" and they want someone else to be in charge and take responsibility for everything because they are cowards. They also tend to be serial monogamist, because they only want one person to be in charge. That's why when he found another skirt to hide behind, Shannon had to go, and without confrontation of course, attacked her on her sleep.

by Anonymousreply 339January 27, 2021 11:22 AM

Can someone please tell me why Watts left his underwear and a tube of vaseline in that other killer's cell? Or am I just being naive.

by Anonymousreply 340January 27, 2021 11:12 PM

Shanon has become a beacon of hope in her death

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341January 30, 2021 6:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!