Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Official Thread: First Presidential Debate (Part III)

Link to part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602October 2, 2020 3:43 AM

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I didn't see it post in the last thread...

CBS instapoll had biden as the winner 48/41 and universally 87 to13 the debate was viewed negatively.

by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2020 3:05 AM

OP, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2020 3:06 AM

This is what trap doors are made for.

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2020 3:06 AM

“What was that?”

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2020 3:07 AM

^And tranquilizer guns

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2020 3:07 AM

PREDICTION: I think it’s going to scare the shit out of people tomorrow and that a whole lot of people are going to decide they can’t vote for Trump

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2020 3:07 AM

[Quote] BTW, aren't a lot of Trump's supporters from small towns where they value 'civility' and 'manners.' How do they spin tonight's performance from their Dear Leader?

[Quote] BTW, aren't a lot of Trump's supporters from small towns where they value 'civility' and 'manners.' How do they spin tonight's performance from their Dear Leader?

I'm a small town guy. Let me tell you, no one likes how dump behaves, what he says or how he says it. However, his people will still vote for him. The new thing is saying "I'm not voting for his personality, I'm voting for his policies. " Every house that had a dump sign in 2016 has a dump flag this year. The flags are super popular this year. Unfortunately there are a few new houses with dump flags, but I've also seen two Biden/Harris flags. and I didn't see a single Hillary sign in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2020 3:08 AM

So why wasn't Trump this interruptive with Hillary in 2016? He really upped that shit big time.

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2020 3:08 AM

I suspect Trump's base will still love him.

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2020 3:08 AM

I also should say, I'd rather shoot off my own penis than vote for dump.

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2020 3:09 AM

R9, no surprise. They're a brainwashed cult -- a la Jonestown or the Manson Family.

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2020 3:10 AM

I’m confident this was the first AND last of the presidential debates.

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2020 3:11 AM

[quote] I suspect Trump's base will still love him.

TYCO

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2020 3:11 AM

If Trump loses massively on election night, he'll probably nuke a blue state. Or all of us.

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2020 3:11 AM

I will say, cause it was toward the end, I think Joe Biden missed some opportunities, could have done better, but I'm honestly not that worried. People are locked in, for good reason.

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2020 3:11 AM

R9 According to the Fox News Facebook page, his supporters think Chris Wallace bullied Trump and should be fired from Fox. His supporters are driven by intense racism and plain stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2020 3:11 AM

Trump needed to be taken out the way the cops took down Brad Parscale the other day.

by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2020 3:11 AM

According to Trump's people it was a night of owning the libs. Everyone lost. I'm spending the rest of my night online shopping for ammo and a boat that can make it to Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2020 3:12 AM

Wtf was that non moderation by Chris Wallace? Letting him fucking interrupt all over the place.

That was incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2020 3:12 AM

I hope they keep the second debate on the schedule. It's a town hall, and I hope trump acts like a bully towards one of the citizen questioners and they rush the stage and beat the shit out of him.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2020 3:13 AM

And I would definitely not say Trump did well. He was his typical stupid asshole self. Some people like that, and they are locked in for him, but I don't think he won anyone over. Racist Assholes love him already, No need to worry about them.

by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2020 3:13 AM

[quote] If Trump loses massively on election night, he'll probably nuke a blue state.

He's more likely to shit his Depends like he always does.

by Anonymousreply 22September 30, 2020 3:13 AM

What's the best way to sneak into Canada?

by Anonymousreply 23September 30, 2020 3:13 AM

I don't think cutting Trump's mic would work, Trump is a loud mouth who would yell so loud Biden's mic would pic it up. I suggest the moderator have a roll of duct tape and tape Trumps mouth shut and rip it off in force each time it is Trump's turn to speak.

by Anonymousreply 24September 30, 2020 3:13 AM

Trump's interrupting worked against him and it helped keep Joe on his toes. Hopefully, skills will be honed and both will get the chance to put their points of view across better next time but I think it's only going to get dirtier.

by Anonymousreply 25September 30, 2020 3:13 AM

I honestly don't know what to do about that, if I were moderator r19. Chris Wallace didn't do well, but a drug addicted asshole, who is also President, I don't know how you stop that unless you simply cut the mic, if that is allowed.

by Anonymousreply 26September 30, 2020 3:14 AM

Bill Kristol:

After watching that spectacle, how can anyone stay on the sidelines when it comes to this presidential election? Joe Biden wasn't great, but he was altogether acceptable. But four more years of Donald Trump? You ok with that, President Bush? Jim Mattis? John Kelly? Dan Coats?

by Anonymousreply 27September 30, 2020 3:14 AM

[quote]One thing that a friend just pointed out: There is no other Democratic candidate who could have made it through this shitshow with the patience and equanimity of Joe Biden. Others would have been baited even more than Joe was

Beto has a bit of motormouth on him, and as added bonus could've jumped on the lectern. Pete would've destroyed him.

by Anonymousreply 28September 30, 2020 3:14 AM

White supremacists are now using “Stand back and stand by” on social media. 😭😠

by Anonymousreply 29September 30, 2020 3:14 AM

YouGov poll says Biden won the debate.

48% for Biden, 41% for Trump, 10% for the tie.

69% were annoyed by the debate. Only 17% of viewers felt informed by the debate. That's amazing it's as high as that.

83% of views felt the debate was negative, 17% positive (what would it have taken for those 17% to decide it was negative? Constant physical violence?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 30, 2020 3:14 AM

If Biden polls well in a week, he should not have two more debates. Just a waste of time. fuck giving Trump more eyeballs.

by Anonymousreply 31September 30, 2020 3:16 AM

"I think it's important for us as journalists to say when both sides are not alike. and they are not alike tonight. we had an avalanche of lying from Donald Trump."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 30, 2020 3:16 AM

In Frank Luntz's focus group, Ruthie from PA said she was undecided coming into tonight..... but now likes Biden b/c Trump was behaving like a "crackhead" and made the debate impossible to watch.

by Anonymousreply 33September 30, 2020 3:16 AM

Rachel Maddow said it best: Trump isn’t running against Biden, he’s running against the election.

Chris Wallace is a piece of fucking Republican trash for allowing Trump to stand on that stage and ramble for 4 minutes about all of his mail in ballot lies. Why would that even be entertained?

by Anonymousreply 34September 30, 2020 3:16 AM

Trump has declared war on democracy. No one should humor him with any more debates.

by Anonymousreply 35September 30, 2020 3:17 AM

there won't be anymore debates. Trump will feel humiliated tomorrow and will say he doesn't need this. (thankfully neither do we)

by Anonymousreply 36September 30, 2020 3:17 AM

R33, hilarious. Love it!

by Anonymousreply 37September 30, 2020 3:17 AM

C-SPAN political editor Steve Scully will moderate the second presidential debate in Miami

NBC White House correspondent Kristen Welker will moderate the third presidential debate

I don't know who Steve Scully even is but Trump will walk all over Kristen Welker worse than he did Chris Wallace.

by Anonymousreply 38September 30, 2020 3:17 AM

Every Republican Senator who is up for re-election should be asked on the record about trumps performance tonight. I’d love to see those cunts Susan Collins and Joni Ernst try to wiggle out of a response.

by Anonymousreply 39September 30, 2020 3:18 AM

[quote] What's the best way to sneak into Canada?

Just point yourself south and get moving.

by Anonymousreply 40September 30, 2020 3:18 AM

Tapper to Kamala: Should Biden not participate in the next debates?

Kamala: Joe will never refuse to talk to the American people. He will talk to the people at every opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 41September 30, 2020 3:19 AM

Kamala: Joe will never refuse to talk to the American people. He will talk to the people at every opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 42September 30, 2020 3:19 AM

they'll be busy for a meeting, didn't watch it, are heading right into the committee meeting, r39. Sadly, everyone is allowed to get away with that shit, always.

by Anonymousreply 43September 30, 2020 3:19 AM

NBC’s Ezra Kaplan:

Proud Boys in social media groups are going wild about the "Stand back and stand by" comment. They are basically seeing it as acknowledgment and a call to arms.

by Anonymousreply 44September 30, 2020 3:19 AM

I have to say that Chris Wallace did better than I thought he would.

by Anonymousreply 45September 30, 2020 3:19 AM

[quote]I suggest the moderator have a roll of duct tape and tape Trumps mouth shut

Better yet, a shock collar and an itchy button finger.

by Anonymousreply 46September 30, 2020 3:20 AM

What part of that debate would be considered talking to the American people?

by Anonymousreply 47September 30, 2020 3:20 AM

In defense of Chris Wallace: He baited Trump by asking two questions guaranteed to elicit a disastrous response (denounce white supremacy, accept the election results).

by Anonymousreply 48September 30, 2020 3:20 AM

or a dart gun, r46

by Anonymousreply 49September 30, 2020 3:20 AM

R8 he wasn't as interruptive with Hillary because nhe has more to hide now after 4 years. Don't know if you noticed but every time he interrupted it was when he didn't want anyone to hear what Joe was saying. Covid, taxes in etc. He interrupted when Joe was going to hit a home run on Trump's weakness. I wish Joe was more assertive.

by Anonymousreply 50September 30, 2020 3:20 AM

Has Susan Cunt Collins released a statement on tonight's debate?

by Anonymousreply 51September 30, 2020 3:20 AM

Trump, Americans are dying because of the Covid Pandemic. He is beyond stupid and wants to hold on to power to benefit him, just him.

Americans Unite and Kick this asshole loser to the curb.

Vote for Joe Biden.

Vote for all DEMS, Blue down Ballot. I am in shock that the republicans did not IMPEACH Trump , when they had the chance. Disgusting. They could have added in more, since they know about him and his adult spawn, all the corruption and incompetency.

by Anonymousreply 52September 30, 2020 3:21 AM

Republican Jonah Goldberg:

Amazing to watch the pro-Trump consensus emerging in real-time that the core problem with this debate was ... Chris Wallace.

by Anonymousreply 53September 30, 2020 3:21 AM

Joe just needs to take this directly to the people. I don’t know if he should debate again or not but really it’s a waste of time and he doesn’t have anything to gain from it. The deplorables that are left are the hardest core.

I would support him if he say screw that I’m going to have a townhall instead because Americans deserve better than that awful mess.

by Anonymousreply 54September 30, 2020 3:21 AM

various times when Joe Biden was speaking r47. Never when Trump was talking. Really, never.

by Anonymousreply 55September 30, 2020 3:21 AM

When Biden wins we need to make deplorables second class citizens. Anyone who voted for trump should have sanctions. For medical treatment, they’re last on the list. They should have to write it down on every job application for the rest of their life. We can’t let them get away with what they’ve done to this country.

by Anonymousreply 56September 30, 2020 3:21 AM

Biden should only agree to a debate where the rules are clear about cutting the mic off, etc. And it should only be one... in the Town Hall format with voters asking them question. Trump won't agree to it... so he'll not be able to say Biden chickened out etc.

by Anonymousreply 57September 30, 2020 3:22 AM

Miss Lindsey has NOT tweeted tonight:

"Good Job Mr. President".

by Anonymousreply 58September 30, 2020 3:22 AM

Susan is feeling conflicted about it all and will ponder it over night.

by Anonymousreply 59September 30, 2020 3:22 AM

[quote]I would support him if he say screw that I’m going to have a townhall instead because Americans deserve better than that awful mess.

The next debate is a town hall.

by Anonymousreply 60September 30, 2020 3:23 AM

R55 Might have been the most effective "persuasive" part of the debate when Biden stopped and looked directly into the camera a did, literally, talk to the American people.

by Anonymousreply 61September 30, 2020 3:23 AM

[quote] Has Susan Cunt Collins released a statement on tonight's debate?

8:00 - 10:00, under the dryer. 10:01 - onward, under the bed.

by Anonymousreply 62September 30, 2020 3:24 AM

R56, agreed. They need to be shamed and held accountable. Don't let them slither back beneath whatever crevasse they oozed out from.

by Anonymousreply 63September 30, 2020 3:24 AM

I love the guy and am voting for him but the eye contact thing kinda made me a little uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 64September 30, 2020 3:25 AM

Biden did fine. Trump was disaster and he gained no new voters. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 65September 30, 2020 3:25 AM

Trump is hoping his bad behavior gets the next two debates canceled, because he’s got NOTHING. He needs to win over voters beyond his base of haters, and he’s chasing them all to Biden.

by Anonymousreply 66September 30, 2020 3:26 AM

R42, aren't you Frenchie? Or L'Duble Postier?

Does your enter button have a stutter?

by Anonymousreply 67September 30, 2020 3:26 AM

Facebook friend observed: Trump possibly mandated a constant live mic as a condition of him even appearing in the debate tonight. Makes sense, his riding roughshod over Biden was his primary tactic tonight. If so, I would expect him to demand an uninterrupted mic for future debates too.

by Anonymousreply 68September 30, 2020 3:27 AM

I think the public would be better served by 45 minutes with each candidate separately, no part of a President's job requires them to sit and debate anyone else, so what does it matter who can debate better?

I actually think Trump came off looking insane so while I think that hurt him, his supporters are insane cult followers, I doubt he lost a single voter already committed to voting for him.

by Anonymousreply 69September 30, 2020 3:27 AM

People are going to die on Election Day. There will be mass shootings at polls. AG Barr will decide to close the polls for public safety. The election ends up at the SC.

by Anonymousreply 70September 30, 2020 3:27 AM

[quote]now likes Biden b/c Trump was behaving like a "crackhead" and made the debate impossible to watch.

The voice of the people

by Anonymousreply 71September 30, 2020 3:27 AM

R48 - that's what moderators do - ask tough questions. There were NO 'gotchas' by conservative Wallace.

That's a Republican talking point - again, how unfair Wallace was. BULLSHIT.

by Anonymousreply 72September 30, 2020 3:28 AM

Poor Trumpers. Cheeto Hitler couldn’t even adhere to the rules of the debate he agreed to, yet they’re convinced he keeps his promises.

by Anonymousreply 73September 30, 2020 3:28 AM

[quote] Hopefully, skills will be honed and both will get the chance to put their points of view across better next time but I think it's only going to get dirtier.

Yeah right, Natasha.

by Anonymousreply 74September 30, 2020 3:28 AM

CNN: How the fuck are there still 14 undecided voters in Ohio?!

by Anonymousreply 75September 30, 2020 3:28 AM

The Trump camp expressed concern that Trump wouldn’t handle being challenged. They were right to be concerned. What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 76September 30, 2020 3:29 AM

I honestly feel like the UN needs to get involved in this election. There’s no scenario where Trump leaves office without a fight.

by Anonymousreply 77September 30, 2020 3:30 AM

For anyone thinking you can shut off mikes....

Terms for the debate are agreed to a long time beforehand.

I can't imagine Trump agreeing to anyone shutting off his mike. So it's probably too late.

by Anonymousreply 78September 30, 2020 3:30 AM

[quote]Trump possibly mandated a constant live mic as a condition of him even appearing in the debate tonight

Both sides would have to agree in advance to cut mics and that will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 79September 30, 2020 3:31 AM

r35 I've noticed several times that the right is now calling this a "republic" rather than a democracy. Couple that with Barrett's claim that only "virtuous" Americans should be allowed to vote and we are in for strange days.

Look, I don't have much money, I'm between jobs, but I just gave $50 to Joe's campaign. We all should.

by Anonymousreply 80September 30, 2020 3:31 AM

No R70, Election Day will be fine. The vast majority of us are not the maniacs Trump would have us believe.

And you’re also getting an FF. You know why.

by Anonymousreply 81September 30, 2020 3:31 AM

[quote]CNN: How the fuck are there still 14 undecided voters in Ohio?!

They've got to be actors 🤣

by Anonymousreply 82September 30, 2020 3:32 AM

They need a kill switch on each mic next time but Trump would never agree to that because it's his whole strategy.

by Anonymousreply 83September 30, 2020 3:32 AM

It is a republic though.

by Anonymousreply 84September 30, 2020 3:32 AM

R59

Perfect. And then she'll agree that it was "spirited" after 20 other Republicans support Trump's performance.

by Anonymousreply 85September 30, 2020 3:33 AM

Shut the fuck up, bitch @ R84.

by Anonymousreply 86September 30, 2020 3:33 AM

[quote]or a dart gun,

Not painful enough. I want to see him shake like he did when he was making fun of that reporter with cerebral palsy.

by Anonymousreply 87September 30, 2020 3:33 AM

This alarmist bullshit needs to stop. Trump can talk all he wants—if he loses he will be removed from the White House and Biden will be inaugurated. The Republicans got their judges confirmed and will still hold a sizable minority in the Senate (worst case scenario). They have no incentive to continue propping up Trump if he loses (especially since him contesting the results would threaten the results of Congressional races).

by Anonymousreply 88September 30, 2020 3:34 AM

[quote]CNN: How the fuck are there still 14 undecided voters in Ohio?!

It’s a way to get attention, they all know who they’re voting for.

by Anonymousreply 89September 30, 2020 3:34 AM

No, r81. Trump told the proud boys to “stand by”. They’re all going nuts on Facebook about how excited they are. They all have guns. If you don’t think there will be violence on Election Day you aren’t paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 90September 30, 2020 3:34 AM

Mike Murphy, conservative Republican strategist just suggested on Brian Williams’ show either a mic cut-off or a FIREHOSE for the next debate.

by Anonymousreply 91September 30, 2020 3:35 AM

R87, I'd rather see him booed in front of a large, angry mob again -- like at RBG's viewing. That wimpy bitch was about to keel over without his MAGA crowd hoisting him up.

by Anonymousreply 92September 30, 2020 3:35 AM

The only thing more exhausting than watching that debate is the social media race to have the most witty comment.

by Anonymousreply 93September 30, 2020 3:36 AM

The fuck?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 30, 2020 3:37 AM

Watched it on ABC. And even Chris Christie, who helped Trump prep for this debate, was STUNNED.

George S. asked if this is how they prep'ed. Christie screamed no.

by Anonymousreply 95September 30, 2020 3:37 AM

R90, no one is afraid of that.

by Anonymousreply 96September 30, 2020 3:37 AM

R75 Some people are born stupid and stay that way their whole lives.

by Anonymousreply 97September 30, 2020 3:37 AM

[quote] I honestly feel like the UN needs to get involved in this election. There’s no scenario where Trump leaves office without a fight.

Oh look, Boris throws in a red herring. Is that part of the new strategy, Boris?

by Anonymousreply 98September 30, 2020 3:38 AM

[quote] [R90], no one is afraid of that.

Exactly. A bunch of 30 to 50 year old virgins with small dicks and pot bellies.

by Anonymousreply 99September 30, 2020 3:38 AM

R94, that was a Twitter poll.

by Anonymousreply 100September 30, 2020 3:39 AM

So I gather trump od‘ed on the adderall?

by Anonymousreply 101September 30, 2020 3:39 AM

[quote] if he loses he will be removed from the White House and Biden will be inaugurated.

Don't you see Trump's plan, to muddy the election process so much he can go to the Supreme Court to have himself declared a winner, or to get a state or two to refuse to sent Biden electors to the Electoral College throwing the election into the House Of Reps. I don't think anyone is saying if the is a clear winner they won't be President, the plan is that there won't be a clear winner.

by Anonymousreply 102September 30, 2020 3:39 AM

Brian Williams starting a question: "If you're a sentient person, if you can fog up a mirror "

by Anonymousreply 103September 30, 2020 3:39 AM

He had taken a lot of it, R101, I’m fairly certain.

by Anonymousreply 104September 30, 2020 3:39 AM

Hopefully, the Telemundo poll was spammed by Trump bots. Hispanic voters can’t be that crazy.

by Anonymousreply 105September 30, 2020 3:39 AM

That’s not going to happen, R102.

by Anonymousreply 106September 30, 2020 3:40 AM

Biden took this Trumpturd to town!

by Anonymousreply 107September 30, 2020 3:40 AM

102 nailed it

by Anonymousreply 108September 30, 2020 3:40 AM

It's going to be interesting to see how Miss Lindsay and Turtle spin this.

I'd love to see them voted out, too.

A total embarrassment for our country.

by Anonymousreply 109September 30, 2020 3:40 AM

[quote]What part of that debate would be considered talking to the American people?

When Biden talked directly to the people (aka to the camera).

by Anonymousreply 110September 30, 2020 3:42 AM

Steve Schmidt:

Trump’s stooges will lie to him and tell him he won. His cult may be ecstatic as they celebrate his unhinged behavior, lying, lack of control and facial contortions. His Presidency is over. We will vote him out. He is crazy, paranoid and unfit. Trump is incoherent. He is a liar.

by Anonymousreply 111September 30, 2020 3:42 AM

America is a REPUBLIC r80, r86

by Anonymousreply 112September 30, 2020 3:42 AM

The only issue with the Supreme Court taking up the issue, is that it won’t. People don’t just bring things to the court like it’s a small claims court, the court has to agree to take up the matter, John Roberts as Chief Justice of the Court is very keen to keep an eye on history. He is no lefty by any means, but he knew that the 2000 Bush v. Gore decision damaged the Court’s credibility and won’t risk further damage. I don’t think he’d allow the case to come to the court.

by Anonymousreply 113September 30, 2020 3:44 AM

R112 is right... “and to the Republic, for which it stands.” A republic is represented government.

by Anonymousreply 114September 30, 2020 3:45 AM

Ok R90, now you’re ignored. Go be a little bitch troll elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 115September 30, 2020 3:46 AM

R112, calling the country a “republic” is code for “the choice of the voters is irrelevant to us.”

by Anonymousreply 116September 30, 2020 3:46 AM

[quote] That’s not going to happen, [R102].

Unlike you R106 I don't believe I can predict the future, but that is Trump's plan he has said he thinks the election will end up in the Supreme Court, he knows he isn't going to win the votes so he has to do something or he will end up in prison.

R113 if a certain number of Justices want to take up a case the Supreme Court takes it up, I believe it is four but it might be five. Roberts can't stop it.

by Anonymousreply 117September 30, 2020 3:46 AM

One good reminder for the American people tonight, this is about to be Bush v Gore on steroids.

People need to be prepared for ballot counting disasters and lawsuits for weeks and weeks after the election!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 30, 2020 3:47 AM

I'd like to tell people, "You know, you don't have to vote. If neither of the candidates excite you... just don't vote".

But they don't want to be left behind, and they'll trundle down to the community center and push them buttons anyway.

That's how we got Trump- everyone wanted to 'play'.

by Anonymousreply 119September 30, 2020 3:47 AM

[quote]Has Susan Cunt Collins released a statement on tonight's debate?

She said she's concerned about Trump's behavior tonight, but she's convinced that he's learned his lesson and will do better in the next debate.

by Anonymousreply 120September 30, 2020 3:47 AM

R119 You sound like a cop. Are you a cop?

by Anonymousreply 121September 30, 2020 3:48 AM

R106

[quote] Typically, the (Supreme) Court hears cases that have been decided in either an appropriate U.S. Court of Appeals or the highest Court in a given state (if the state court decided a Constitutional issue). The Supreme Court has its own set of rules. According to these rules, four of the nine Justices must vote to accept a case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 30, 2020 3:49 AM

What we learned from this debate:

Trump wants to open up the country. Biden wants to shut it down further. Trump wants to lower taxes. Biden wants to raise them.

by Anonymousreply 123September 30, 2020 3:50 AM

[quote]Trump was disaster and he gained no new voters. Mark my words.

CNN had a quick panel with undecideds in PA, and one woman said she liked a lot of what Trump was saying but hated the way he was saying it and it was frustrating, and now she's less inclined towards him although she likes the policies

(What policies?!? Anyway)

by Anonymousreply 124September 30, 2020 3:51 AM

CNN INSTANT POLL OF DEBATE WATCHERS: WHO WON THE DEBATE?

BIDEN: 60%

TRUMP: 28%

by Anonymousreply 125September 30, 2020 3:51 AM

R123 still believes words that come out of Trumps mouth, I guess some people will never learn.

by Anonymousreply 126September 30, 2020 3:51 AM

I'm watching CNN News here in the UK and I'm finding Anderson Cooper very distracting. Hes so sexy I'm starting to masturbate rather than absorb what is being said.

I want to kiss him all over and strip his suit of him😘🥰🔥

by Anonymousreply 127September 30, 2020 3:52 AM

I'm very concerned that I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 128September 30, 2020 3:52 AM

Trump is fine with thousands dead and his economy is in absolute shambles.

He’s the fucking president—if he keeps saying he couldn’t help this, it just means he’s a terrible president.

by Anonymousreply 129September 30, 2020 3:52 AM

[quote]I am in shock that the republicans did not IMPEACH Trump , when they had the chance.

Trump WAS impeached, moron.

by Anonymousreply 130September 30, 2020 3:52 AM

This has been a helluva night, and not in a good way. Glad y'all suffered through it with me. Goodnight!

by Anonymousreply 131September 30, 2020 3:52 AM

But CNN says their sampling was 39% Democratic, 25% Republican and 36% Independents.

by Anonymousreply 132September 30, 2020 3:53 AM

[quote]I didn't even know you could say "shitshow" on CNN. Are they going to get fined?

The FCC has no authority to regulate cable broadcasters, only over-the-air stations that use the public airwaves.

by Anonymousreply 133September 30, 2020 3:53 AM

Is R123 having a stroke? Does someone need to call an ambulance?

by Anonymousreply 134September 30, 2020 3:53 AM

[Quote] What we learned from this debate: Trump wants to open up the country. Biden wants to shut it down further. Trump wants to lower taxes. Biden wants to raise them.

What we learned from debate is Trump is a liar

by Anonymousreply 135September 30, 2020 3:54 AM

R132, a lot of Republicans hid behind the “Independent” label.

by Anonymousreply 136September 30, 2020 3:54 AM

[quote]It's going to be interesting to see how Miss Lindsay and Turtle spin this.

McConnell doesn't spin anything unless he accidentally gets caught having to talk to reporters in the hallways. Graham may just not appear on any news shows if it gets too bad.

by Anonymousreply 137September 30, 2020 3:55 AM

[quote]What we learned from this debate: Trump wants to open up the country. Biden wants to shut it down further. Trump wants to lower taxes. Biden wants to raise them.

You didn’t get the RNC talking points until just now? You better check your email connection.

by Anonymousreply 138September 30, 2020 3:55 AM

On CNN Santorum (blech!) said that if he were a GOP Senator, he'd be furious with Trump's debate performance.

by Anonymousreply 139September 30, 2020 3:55 AM

[quote]What we learned from debate is Trump is a liar

Congratulations on catching up with the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 140September 30, 2020 3:56 AM

I already had R123 blocked.

by Anonymousreply 141September 30, 2020 3:56 AM

Glad I skipped the debate. It sounds like it was a trainwreck and Trumpito was in full cokehead mode.

by Anonymousreply 142September 30, 2020 3:56 AM

Trump doesn’t want a second debate: especially a town hall where he’d have to confront people of normal Intelligence, who’ve nothing to lose by calling him on his schtick.

So, he’s trying to get [italic] Joe [/italic] to back out.

by Anonymousreply 143September 30, 2020 3:57 AM

#95, Xtra Chrispie is lying. I could see Trump thinking, keeping to the plan. And that was to addle Biden at every chance. Make him look like Tippi Hedren in the attic scene of "The Birds", just overwhelmed and disoriented, beaten.

If Biden is to do this again he can't let Trump get to him. Just stop talking until the moderator gains control, nobody would blame you.

The moderator was supposed to keep Trump in check, but FOX Republicker Wallace didn't want to. He and Trump were working together.

by Anonymousreply 144September 30, 2020 3:58 AM

R123, what I think you meant to say was:

What we learned from this debate: Trump wants to open up the country and kill more people even children. Biden wants to shut it down further if the experts think that will save lives . Trump wants to lower taxes and destroy Medicare and Social Security by not collecting those taxes. Biden wants to raise taxes on billionaires like Trump who pay ZERO in taxes now.

by Anonymousreply 145September 30, 2020 3:58 AM

[quote]Wallace: “Are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and groups to say they need to stand down and not add to the violence and number of the cities as we saw in Kenosha and as we’ve seen in Portland?”

[quote]Trump: “Sure. I’m willing to do that. Almost everything I see is from the left wing. Not from the right wing. Proud Boys, stand back and standby.

by Anonymousreply 146September 30, 2020 3:58 AM

[quote]I love the guy and am voting for him but the eye contact thing kinda made me a little uncomfortable.

This earns you a MARY!

by Anonymousreply 147September 30, 2020 4:00 AM

After tonight we need a new nickname for Dump. Something with crackhead, speed freak, motormouth or just plain Drug Addled Imbecilic Motherfucker!

I DESPISE Dump.

All that was needed was the white stuff popping out of his nose like it did a few weeks ago. Tonight, you just know he was on speed, coke or Adderall.

by Anonymousreply 148September 30, 2020 4:00 AM

I just want to puke.

Enough to cleanse my soul.

by Anonymousreply 149September 30, 2020 4:01 AM

Are the Proud Boys the ones that are supposedly going to stage a coup and install Trump as president for life with their own lovely hands?

by Anonymousreply 150September 30, 2020 4:01 AM

Does anyone know how much that creep Santorum is paid by CNN? Anderson was stammering a lot tonight. He's not very good nor very bright.

by Anonymousreply 151September 30, 2020 4:01 AM

R55 Trump spoke loud and clear to his far-right base, and he said "I'm your guy if you want license to use violence and intimidation to have your way."

by Anonymousreply 152September 30, 2020 4:03 AM

Like Darrin's mom. "Frank, I've got a sick headache!"

by Anonymousreply 153September 30, 2020 4:03 AM

I’ve never really liked Biden (even though I just voted for him) but I actually liked him tonight.

by Anonymousreply 154September 30, 2020 4:04 AM

[quote] Are the Proud Boys the ones that are supposedly going to stage a coup and install Trump as president for life

Proud Boys are complete human trash. Hitler would've been embarrassed to have them even try to associate with him. Bottom of the DNA pile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 30, 2020 4:05 AM

Fox is saying that Trump obviously won the debate and Trumps pugnacious performance is why the American people want and how they behave in their own homes!

by Anonymousreply 156September 30, 2020 4:07 AM

[quote]Are the Proud Boys the ones that are supposedly going to stage a coup and install Trump as president for life with their own lovely hands?

In addition to "Stand down and stand by," he said, "They will overthrow you." Let that sink in.

by Anonymousreply 157September 30, 2020 4:09 AM

[quote]America is a REPUBLIC

Not every republic keeps its democracy. And that's the whole point of the GOP new talking point.

Mark my word, GOP will keep hammering that until the press and everyone else will absorb the substitution without realizing it. By then, it'll be too late.

Will be happy to be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 158September 30, 2020 4:10 AM

Oh Anderson Cooper stop being so sexy 🥰😘🔥

Yummy! Your distracting me from the political analysis!

by Anonymousreply 159September 30, 2020 4:10 AM

To paraphrase Bogey in Casablanca, there are a few areas of New York and Los Angeles I don't advise the "Proud Boys" to try to poll watch.

by Anonymousreply 160September 30, 2020 4:15 AM

It won't help if they 'cut the mic off' because the opponent can still hear him. Clearly Trump, Christie and others identified Biden's 'Achilles heel' as: 1) being a stutterer, and needing time to plan his words; 2) being elderly and not thinking as quickly; 3) being a decent human being who'd rather stand there and shake his head than get angry and wobbly.

Actually, Trump may have won the debate if he had just been more reserved and less combative. But he lost it.

But he won't lose the election because the machines are already hacked. That's why they freaked at the possibility of a huge mail-in surge. But they'll counteract that by going where Trump always goes: to court.

by Anonymousreply 161September 30, 2020 4:16 AM

[quote]I'd like to tell people, "You know, you don't have to vote. If neither of the candidates excite you... just don't vote".

Brilliant suggestion, Svetlana.

by Anonymousreply 162September 30, 2020 4:17 AM

I once read that when Nixon lost to John Kennedy, there were questions about Mayor Daly of Chicago stuffing the ballot boxes to throw Illinois to Kennedy, when asked if Nixon would contest the result, he said, “No, Kennedy stole the election, fair and square.”

by Anonymousreply 163September 30, 2020 4:18 AM

Next debate needs to be like a Zoom call:

1. They are in separate rooms and can only see each other over video

2. When Biden is talking he is in the main frame, Trump is on mute and in a tiny square--and vice versa.

3. The moderator can mute Trump when he goes over time and turn off his video

by Anonymousreply 164September 30, 2020 4:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165September 30, 2020 4:20 AM

This is so depressing. We have a fascist as President. I’ve been trying to wait this through, but it’s been hard to live with.

by Anonymousreply 166September 30, 2020 4:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 30, 2020 4:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168September 30, 2020 4:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 30, 2020 4:23 AM

[quote]there were questions about Mayor Daly of Chicago stuffing the ballot boxes to throw Illinois to Kennedy,

Wouldn't have made a difference, even if it were true. Kennedy would still have won without Illinois.

by Anonymousreply 170September 30, 2020 4:26 AM

Biden does not present as an elderly man who can’t think quickly. Jesus Christ. Just because he isn’t an Adderalled/coked-up freak like Trump or Trump’s son doesn’t mean he can’t think quickly.

by Anonymousreply 171September 30, 2020 4:27 AM

r164 Ive already seen tonight's debate compared to a Real Housewives reunion on social media, Let Andy Cohen host the next debate with a MUTE button!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172September 30, 2020 4:28 AM

[quote] Biden does not present as an elderly man who can’t think quickly.

Biden was very astute and he tackled the questions and attacks hurled at him in a gentlemanly manner.

by Anonymousreply 173September 30, 2020 4:29 AM

I don't think anyone can accuse Biden of not being there after all the shit show Trump created. At least that talking point is now moot.

by Anonymousreply 174September 30, 2020 4:31 AM

A think a lot of people went into this debate holding their breath that Uncle Joe wouldn't make some kind of gaffe. But guess what, Joe was fine. Even though Trump got under his skin a couple of times, Joe handled it well. The talking to the camera thing was good. Unfortunately for Trump, the takeaway from this debate seems to be 1) his behavior and rule breaking and 2) the proud boys. Biden supporters, I know some of you were nervous about tonight, but you should be able to sleep peacefully.

by Anonymousreply 175September 30, 2020 4:32 AM

Even though Trump's campaign was touting Christie's involvement for weeks, I don't think Christie was involved until after Biden publicly announced that he was doing debate prep and somebody was playing Trump. Trump's plan was always to wing it.

by Anonymousreply 176September 30, 2020 4:34 AM
by Anonymousreply 177September 30, 2020 4:35 AM

So when is Debate 2?

Kamala vs Pence is really what I can't wait to see though.

by Anonymousreply 178September 30, 2020 4:37 AM

Chris Christie looks like The Penguin.

by Anonymousreply 179September 30, 2020 4:37 AM

Steve Schmidt now throwing the whole dictionary at Trump.

by Anonymousreply 180September 30, 2020 4:39 AM

[quote]Chris Christie looks like The Penguin.

More like King Tut.

by Anonymousreply 181September 30, 2020 4:40 AM

I have no idea what this is. Some people think it for a hair extension.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182September 30, 2020 4:42 AM

[quote]Trump's plan was always to wing it.

I don't think for a second he was winging it. The 'not doing debate prep' is a diversionary tactic. He was prepared with attacks, and the strategy was to throw Joe off and make him a stuttering mess.

But by unhinging and bullying everyone on the stage. he made the debate all about his stark raving madness and the Proud Boys.

by Anonymousreply 183September 30, 2020 4:45 AM

R182, that's a time-release liquid Adderall drip!

by Anonymousreply 184September 30, 2020 4:45 AM

R68, it was a scratch, not a pick.

I love pics, especially that one with the trajectory arrow in R169. What is the pic at R165 on the right and the one with something in on his head. A fetanyl patch?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185September 30, 2020 4:49 AM

[quote]Kamala vs Pence is really what I can't wait to see though.

Pence is a slippery one, let's hope Kamala won't make Tim Kaine's mistake.

by Anonymousreply 186September 30, 2020 4:50 AM

Some kind of stroke medication?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187September 30, 2020 4:51 AM

[quote] Pence is a slippery one, let's hope Kamala won't make Tim Kaine's mistake.

Duly noted, Natasha.

by Anonymousreply 188September 30, 2020 4:54 AM

From part II thread:

[quote] What did Santorum DO with the baby [[R610]]?

He took the baby home for the night.

by Anonymousreply 189September 30, 2020 4:59 AM

[quote] Pence is a slippery one,

Have you ever actually seen how Kamala can actually debate?

She can make carnitas of Pence's cowardly, closeted self.

by Anonymousreply 190September 30, 2020 4:59 AM

It was an absolute mess because Donald Trump the "president" made it a fucking mess from the very beginning. What moron thinks it was a mess because of Wallace or Biden? The last two are PROFESSIONALS. Trump's people agreed to the rules. Did you expect Wallace to take Trump by the ear and put him in timeout? You expect either of those professional men to be accustomed to dealing with the most embarrassing pile of dog shit to ever become president? Biden attempted to stick to the format by NOT interrupting while Trump spent 98% of the time not allowing Biden to have his entire time uninterrupted. . Any normal person who watched that was screaming for Trump to STFU. It was disgusting. You are a low life shit if you think Trump "won" that. As Mike Murphy (conservative Republican strategist) said: He only made his loutish supporters happy. You are a failure as a human being if you think Trump is anything other than repugnant scum.

The fact that Biden held off as long as he did to tell Trump to STFU or call him a clown and had the right to go after Trump's fucking cumstain crooks but chose not to while Trump went after Biden's kids, showed that Biden should be in the oval office NOW. White, racist trash will be the end of this country.

And "Proud Cunts" and the cops who help them are terrorists who have no business having American citizenship. Go get a time machine to fucking Nazi Germany, vermin.

by Anonymousreply 191September 30, 2020 5:02 AM

[quote] America is a REPUBLIC

So what? All that means is that it’s not a monarchy or a dictatorship. Power derived from the public, but it doesn’t necessarily mean ALL of the people.

Democracy in its modern meaning means that all citizens have the right to vote and select their government. That’s much more relevant than being a not-monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 192September 30, 2020 5:07 AM

R190, haven't watched much of Kamala in candidate debates, just the Senate hearings where she was great.

My point is debating Pence comes with its own pitfalls because he's infuriatingly self-righteous and faux-pious so that people who attack him may come across as too aggressive. That's what happened with Kaine in 2016. For Kamala, the Rethugs already prepped the 'angry black woman' right-wing stereotype, and you betcha Pence will play on it

by Anonymousreply 193September 30, 2020 5:11 AM

From Trump debate thread part II, R620

[quote] God, [R610]:

[quote] In 1996, the Santorums' son Gabriel was born prematurely after 20 weeks of pregnancy and died in the hospital two hours later. Karen wrote that she and Rick slept with Gabriel's body between them in the hospital that night and brought his body home the following day so that their other children could see him.[80][273][274] The Santorums' four eldest children appeared with their parents on Piers Morgan Tonight in January 2012. Elizabeth, who was five at the time of Gabriel's death, said she was glad to have seen him, and that he holds a place in her heart.[275]

R620, that's the story. I couldn't tell if you agreed or disagreed with my original comment, but taking home a deceased baby is just off. The family could have bonded in a hospital chapel or something.

by Anonymousreply 194September 30, 2020 5:14 AM

Nate Silver: I’m not 100 percent sure I buy the “this was the worst debate ever” framing. Biden wasn’t especially sharp, particularly in the first 30 minutes of the debate. But he was … fine. He wasn’t the guy who was constantly interrupting, or who refused to commit to respecting the results of the election, or who ducked the question when he was asked to denounce white supremacy. And he wasn’t the guy who needed a win, since he’s ahead in the polls.

by Anonymousreply 195September 30, 2020 5:19 AM

[quote] That's what happened with Kaine in 2016.

Kaine's problem was that he came across like a complete, unmemorable non-entity.

I do understand your other concerns, but I'm afraid that the type of people already pigeonholing Kamala as an angry, black woman are never going to vote for her anyhow.

Expose Pence as a phony and a hypocrite and humiliate him, I say.

by Anonymousreply 196September 30, 2020 5:20 AM

British journalist (conservative) Andrew Neil: I have always liked and respected America. Learned so much from it. Tonight I just feel sad for it. The level of this debate is excruciating. Trump largely to blame with his heckling. Biden was faltering, hesitant and unable to deal with Trump hectoring. But he did not fall on his face. This was the low bar set for him and in that regard, he won. Chris Wallace getting a lot of stick but it was a tough gig. Trump’s tactic of constantly heckling and hectoring and Biden’s inability to bat it away dealt Wallace a difficult hand. But he should have been more in command.

by Anonymousreply 197September 30, 2020 5:23 AM

Biden Predicted to be the Winner!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198September 30, 2020 5:27 AM

If there has to be another Trump/Biden debate, Biden should go in with a sign that says, "This is my allocated time. Why doesn't he want you to hear what I have to say?" and just hold it up silently every time Trump talks over him. It only needs the camera to pause on it once and everyone knows what he's doing for the rest of the debate. In return, he has to not speak over Trump, and trust to post-debate fact-checking to expose the lies.

A bigger problem is that if there's a question like, "Based on your record, why are you the better choice for President?" and Trump spends his time lying about Biden's record, Biden needs some clear advice about whether to defend himself when his time comes, or whether to answer the question and speak to his record. It's a very hard choice, and on the spur of the moment you're always going to want to defend yourself against blatant lies, but it makes it harder for the public to differentiate between candidates if you don't set out in some detail why you're better. Someone very cluey needs to work through that with Biden and get their ducks in a row.

I also think it's high time, when Trump has a go at Hunter, for Biden to say, "You did this with Mrs Clinton as well. What possible relevance to this debate does it have to undermine a family member whose behaviour has nothing to do with your opponent?" Trump is in a very large glass house when it comes to this question, after all. Just look at Ivanka "I'm his executive! [slap] I'm his consultant! [slap] I'm his executive AND his consultant!"

by Anonymousreply 199September 30, 2020 5:34 AM

r199 I hope you are joking because that sign idea is lame as hell and will look weak.

by Anonymousreply 200September 30, 2020 5:36 AM

r194 I can't stand Santorum, but the thing about bringing home deceased newborns isn't as unusual as you'd think. It's allowed in some situations for a mother or family of a stillborn birth to recover and heal, it's thought to help with that process.

Don't freak but there are actually "cooling cots" available to keep the baby's body chilled enough to enable a few days time with it.

by Anonymousreply 201September 30, 2020 5:40 AM

R148: "Speedy T'ang" describes medicated Orange It.

by Anonymousreply 202September 30, 2020 5:48 AM

That's fucked up and stupid R201. A sill born is not that tragic, the kid never even knew it was alive. Any bonding that took place was purely projected. Breeders are so high drama about their crotch fruit.

by Anonymousreply 203September 30, 2020 5:49 AM

I wonder if even for a moment, any of Trump's kids saw how Biden is better and a far more dignified man than their own father because Biden had every right to attack them for what they are while Trump attacked Biden's kids. Did it even once cross their mind that their own father is absolute shit and Biden is a decent man who feels it would never be right to attack children no matter how old or how fucking repulsive they truly are.

by Anonymousreply 204September 30, 2020 5:52 AM

Trumpito was so embarrassing tonight.

by Anonymousreply 205September 30, 2020 5:52 AM

Perhaps, R200, but what IS the answer? What WOULD look strong yet civilized in the face of Trump's hectoring?

by Anonymousreply 206September 30, 2020 5:54 AM

[quote] [R194] I can't stand Santorum, but the thing about bringing home deceased newborns isn't as unusual as you'd think. It's allowed in some situations for a mother or family of a stillborn birth to recover and heal, it's thought to help with that process.

[quote] Don't freak but there are actually "cooling cots" available to keep the baby's body chilled enough to enable a few days time with it.

geez, I have never heard that about deceased newborns. Santorum was the first and only time I've heard of this. Also, I didn't know about cooling cots. The logistics of this and the potential health hazard came to mind when he told this story in an interview. I also thought it could be potentially awkward if a neighbor brought over a casserole and they asked them if they wanted to see the baby.

I don't know. Its not a situation I'll ever have.

by Anonymousreply 207September 30, 2020 5:59 AM

Patton Oswalt @pattonoswalt

So, if you're undecided after this debate? Walk into traffic. Ha ha! Just kidding. But seriously walk into traffic.

by Anonymousreply 208September 30, 2020 6:00 AM

Worthless cunt. Conservative white people are just damaged beyond belief.:

[quote]Biden can’t control Trump; keeps asking Wallace to help him. Not a good look. Handle it Mr. VP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209September 30, 2020 6:00 AM

[quote] Biden can’t control Trump; keeps asking Wallace to help him. Not a good look. Handle it Mr. VP

Words of wisdom from a person who's talk show was canceled after one week. Not a good look, Megz.

by Anonymousreply 210September 30, 2020 6:05 AM

Is it true that Biden had 2 brain surgery decades ago?

by Anonymousreply 211September 30, 2020 6:09 AM

I did not read all of the threads, but if I could make a recommendation:

Please silence Orangefuck's mic when it is not his turn. PLEASE! Better yet, put duct tape across his lips and rip it off only when it's his turn to speak.

by Anonymousreply 212September 30, 2020 6:11 AM

Like you boldly handled Ailes, Ms. Kelly?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213September 30, 2020 6:14 AM

R24. I said the same as you about using duct tape. Guess we're like-minded.

by Anonymousreply 214September 30, 2020 6:14 AM

I still think trump is acting like his campaign managers have told them their internal polling shows he's going to lose. The only way he'll win is to steal it through the courts. He can control himself when he wants to. He could have done things tonight to try to win over swing voters or win back some lost voters and he wouldn't do it. He's going to yell and act like a pig and air every grievance and punish America for not sufficiently loving the Fuhrer from here on out.

He's a malignant narcissist waking up to the fact the majority of the world hates his fucking guts, and his only true fans are cretins he wouldn't spit on.

by Anonymousreply 215September 30, 2020 6:15 AM

THR review:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216September 30, 2020 6:16 AM

Proud Boys = Damaged children, from damaged parents, from damaged communities.

Just all around, damaged.

by Anonymousreply 217September 30, 2020 6:22 AM

Joe Keenan's comment:

What a challenge the live debate audience must find it to honor Wallace’s request not to interrupt with applause.

by Anonymousreply 218September 30, 2020 6:27 AM

Did the audience really applaud Wallace asking not to interrupt?

I had to mute it at some point so I probably missed that.

by Anonymousreply 219September 30, 2020 6:30 AM

I picked the wrong week to quit propofol.

by Anonymousreply 220September 30, 2020 6:31 AM

Yes, there was applause.

by Anonymousreply 221September 30, 2020 6:31 AM

[quote] his campaign managers have told them their internal polling shows he's going to lose.

That would explain his bragging over the conservative judge appointments. Bitch knows he's losing. He just wants to push his paltry 'accomplishments.'

by Anonymousreply 222September 30, 2020 6:36 AM

Bill Maher @billmaher Goddamn that was awful. Where’s Kanye when u need someone to inject a little sanity

by Anonymousreply 223September 30, 2020 6:40 AM

[quote] Biden can’t control Trump; keeps asking Wallace to help him. Not a good look. Handle it Mr. VP

Where was she bleeding from when she wrote that?

by Anonymousreply 224September 30, 2020 6:41 AM

Trump shit the bed tonight. Wonder if he’ll double down on the stupid or try a new tack next time?

by Anonymousreply 225September 30, 2020 6:42 AM

Biden looked like absolute death mixed with way too much botox. On the flip side Trump went crazy with the bronzer. Biden looks so frail next to Trump and seemed confused by a few of the questions, losing his train of thought. The moderator would had to guide him back on track. Based on the comments here, it seems people are gritting their teeth saying he did well, could have had a bit more fire. Trump seems much younger and vital compared to Joe, optically speaking. Joe also has the frail old man voice. I really don't think Biden's heart is in this. I think the democrats were way too focused on the notion of beating Trump during the primaries that they passed on much better candidates. It shows that it really is the old white mans club on both sides. I never thought these debates were a good idea. I thought Trump did much better - it's his forte.

by Anonymousreply 226September 30, 2020 7:12 AM

Trump did not do ‘better.’ He showed American voters exactly how unhinged he is for a good 90 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 227September 30, 2020 7:17 AM

He showed how unhinged he was for 270 minutes during the 2016 debates. This was his encore.

by Anonymousreply 228September 30, 2020 7:19 AM

R226, you left out the part where you assure us that you are "a life long Democrat that despises Trump".

by Anonymousreply 229September 30, 2020 7:20 AM

Reading the early reviews, including from the right wing outlets, it appears that putting aside the theatrics, the biggest take away from this on "the topics and issues" is that Trump flopped when it came to his "law and order" argument with that "stand by and stand back" comment.

by Anonymousreply 230September 30, 2020 7:26 AM

"Stand back and stand by" is going to be the takeaway, because the Proud Boys immediately took it as marching orders to stand down until he gives them the go-ahead to attack, whatever "attack" may end up being.

by Anonymousreply 231September 30, 2020 7:36 AM

Trump controlled the "tone" but Biden controlled the "message". That's the bottom line for me.

by Anonymousreply 232September 30, 2020 7:39 AM

This was a huge win for Biden.

Not because Biden was excellent, but because Trump was so fucking crazy!

Everyone is sick of the craziness. And Trump basically said if I win, I'll be even crazier!

by Anonymousreply 233September 30, 2020 7:39 AM

[quote]The moderator would had to guide him back on track.

"Would had." Okay, thanks for the trenchant insight, guy who is absolutely not a troll.

Not many people are going to fall for Trump's stunt tonight. Chris Wallace tried to throw him a bone by letting him, even pretending like the problem was Biden not answering the question, but when Biden said he couldn't figure out what the question was even supposed to be, even Wallace had to admit he couldn't, either.

All the rightwing "Biden wasn't focused" stuff on Twitter is falling flat. Trumpsters are buying it but that doesn't mean anything, they would buy anything the rightwing was selling.

by Anonymousreply 234September 30, 2020 7:40 AM

R56

[quote] When Biden wins we need to make deplorables second class citizens. Anyone who voted for trump should have sanctions. For medical treatment, they’re last on the list. They should have to write it down on every job application for the rest of their life. We can’t let them get away with what they’ve done to this country.

Yeah, that’s the attitude.

Both men are imbeciles, and you aren’t as intelligent as they are.

That attitude is one of the reasons that Trump will probably win despite himself.

by Anonymousreply 235September 30, 2020 7:56 AM

F**king Pukes think this is pissing match?....Who dominated the other and made him his bitch? I swear, that is how these disgusting Pigs think. They think being alpha is the only measure of power and masculinity. Fuck them...it just comes off as belligerence.

by Anonymousreply 236September 30, 2020 8:15 AM

Five weeks left before you wake up in Nazi Germany, America. I am scared of what will happen!

by Anonymousreply 237September 30, 2020 8:45 AM

I didn’t watch. I don’t even know why Democrats even watch these things

by Anonymousreply 238September 30, 2020 8:54 AM

I've only watched a few clips (debate started in the middle of the night here in the UK), so I can't comment on the substance of the arguments - but I will say it was cathartic to watch someone stand up to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 239September 30, 2020 9:04 AM

I couldn't sleep last night after watching that shitshow. Biden was faltering at times, but aside from Mr. Joe Cool Obama, anyone would've had a hard time dealing with that hectoring, screaming, bloviating mess. But as others have noted, for whatever faults Biden may have had, the thing everyone is talking about today is the call to arms to the Proud Boys and refusal to accept election results.

Yes, as everyone noted, his followers are cheering his behavior or wringing their hands over how badly he acted (but they still love him!), but if his mission was to make Joe look unfit for the job, he did quite the opposite.

People are bashing Wallace, but I don't know that anyone else could do better. Dump's only card is that Wallace had some to show some deference to him as the president; otherwise, he no doubt would've told him to shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 240September 30, 2020 9:05 AM

Outsider's view. Trump was even more disgusting than I thought he'd be, with his tactical aggression and personal attacks. Biden stood up to him with dignity and of course looked more like a human being. I thought the pieces to camera, to fellow human beings, worked well while the crazy man heckled like a stupid drunk.

Really wish Biden had made more of some killer points, such as Trump being Putin's puppet, and the recent tax revelations. Trump was on the ropes with these. This links to impeachment, and would have been a strong comeback to Trump's constant smear of Biden's son. But of course Biden had lots of vital stats to recall and get through, and couldn't instantly get down and dirty with the chief Deplorable.

It's repulsive to think that the man with the loudest voice will have impressed his legions of the stupid as 'being strong.' But the sane world will have recognised themselves in Biden. Wallace did a challenging job well enough, and made a smiling point of telling Trump near the end that he'd interrupted the most. He also gave Trump rope enough at the end to confirm to the world his obvious thoughts about white supremacists and destabilising the election.

Biden can build on this first outing and be yet stronger next time. Not least in his armoury will be to point out that Trump's aggression saw him lose the first debate.

by Anonymousreply 241September 30, 2020 9:14 AM

Biden dare not discuss issues not entirely settled or proven (Putin, Trump's taxes, Ivanka) without giving Trump an opening to say that such things are true and play the victim. He can do it to Biden, but Biden can't do it back. What Biden has is standing above the fray, not getting in the mud to wrestle the pig. He played his hand as best he could. He never took the bait.

by Anonymousreply 242September 30, 2020 9:26 AM

to say such things are NOT true ^

by Anonymousreply 243September 30, 2020 9:28 AM

Mark Hamill:

[quote]That debate was the worst thing I've ever seen & I was in The Star Wars Holiday Special.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244September 30, 2020 9:36 AM

Why are people acting shocked that Trump was unhinged? You people tend to think Trump is not as bad as he actually is, or that he will suddenly change and act normal. Shame on you for being so gullible

by Anonymousreply 245September 30, 2020 9:38 AM

[quote] I couldn't sleep last night after watching that shitshow.

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 246September 30, 2020 9:44 AM

Why do y’all watch? I went to be before it came on to avoid it

by Anonymousreply 247September 30, 2020 9:45 AM

I'm surprised more people aren't impressed with Biden -- he did AMAZING. He gave us figures, plans, his thoughts, and replied in anger when appropriate. He was a class act.

by Anonymousreply 248September 30, 2020 9:57 AM

Not gonna watch the next two debates

by Anonymousreply 249September 30, 2020 9:59 AM

There are calls to cancel remaining debates. I agree

by Anonymousreply 250September 30, 2020 9:59 AM

This was spotted on Trump during the debate any speculation as to what it is? Some say it's hair tape others have said its a medical device.

Trumpmeltdown is trending on Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251September 30, 2020 10:09 AM

Hearing Fox News anchors & pundits are praising and being gleeful of Trump's behavior.

by Anonymousreply 252September 30, 2020 10:14 AM

Trump was definitely hopped up on something last night. Some sort of speed I suspect. It's not that he wouldn't keep his mouth shut when it wasn't his time to speak, it was that he couldn't. I know a hop head when I see one and Trump was a hop head last night.

by Anonymousreply 253September 30, 2020 10:17 AM

R163, No. Nixon never said any such thing. What you "read" was a line from a MOVIE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254September 30, 2020 10:24 AM

R252, Hannity is an Irish bully, and Doucey and Kilmeade are camp followers.

by Anonymousreply 255September 30, 2020 10:26 AM

R248, I felt Biden did well too. My husband thought he should have done more counter arguments to Trump’s screeching, but I said, “Why? Trump was like a 2 year old having an epic tantrum, and sometimes you just have to ride that shit out.”.

I don’t feel there will be another debate, but if there is, the format must change. I’m thinking soundproof booths for each candidate might be the best option.

by Anonymousreply 256September 30, 2020 10:27 AM

[quote] Trump has always covered up his stupidity by talking with amazing confidence. Many people are very convinced by confidence even if what the person is saying is complete bullshit.

Trump is a perfect example of a con man, or, as they used to be called, confidence man.

by Anonymousreply 257September 30, 2020 10:30 AM

Biden was fine, But God, I miss Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 258September 30, 2020 10:35 AM

My President had my clit tingling!

by Anonymousreply 259September 30, 2020 10:44 AM

Okay ... that was a shit show.

The most chilling part to me was when Trump told his supporters to poll watch (because, of course, this election is rigged!!). It seemed dangerously close to encouraging them to intimidate voters.

Fuck this man. I don't think I have ever hated anyone more.

by Anonymousreply 260September 30, 2020 10:45 AM

For any imbecile to still believe white privilege doesn't exist, you just saw a Neo-Nazi get away with threatening the country with violence if he didn't get his way.

You are incredibly stupid or just arrogant if you think a non-white person -let alone if president- could've gotten away with being that evil and not immediately arrested for terrorist threats.

by Anonymousreply 261September 30, 2020 10:57 AM

Mike Reese @SheriffReese In tonight’s presidential debate the President said the “Portland Sheriff” supports him. As the Multnomah County Sheriff I have never supported Donald Trump and will never support him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 30, 2020 11:00 AM

Trump and Biden greet their spouses post-debate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263September 30, 2020 11:03 AM

Early voting stats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264September 30, 2020 11:12 AM

is that good for Dems?^

by Anonymousreply 265September 30, 2020 11:15 AM

The whole point of Trump’s strategy was to make us all stop talking about his taxes.

And it worked!

by Anonymousreply 266September 30, 2020 11:16 AM

I read that early voting always favors dems.

by Anonymousreply 267September 30, 2020 11:17 AM

Yeah, I would like more info on R264, please.

11,000% increase?

by Anonymousreply 268September 30, 2020 11:27 AM

Mail-in Absentee voting usually favors Republicans, in person early voting usually favors Democrats. Democrats are using mail-in absentee more than ever this year.

by Anonymousreply 269September 30, 2020 11:29 AM

This is the first time I've seen Morning Joe in years. Is Katty Kay a regular and is she normally a fucking idiot? It's so tiresome and disingenuous when so-called journalists are so desperate to be seen as objective that they have to lie. She just said it was two men yelling at each other. Biden was not yelling. He was trying to fucking speak because Trump would not STFU. Who in the hell are you trying to appeal to when you have to lie about something that was obvious to everyone normal?

by Anonymousreply 270September 30, 2020 11:33 AM

[quote] I felt Biden did well too. My husband thought he should have done more counter arguments to Trump’s screeching, but I said, “Why? Trump was like a 2 year old having an epic tantrum, and sometimes you just have to ride that shit out.”.

I'm with you r256. Initially, I thought Biden should be more aggressive, punch back harder, but then quickly realiszed "This is not a debate, no intelligent discourse, this is a performance ...a performance exclusively for Trump's audience." Ten seconds later...I was proven right and it was downhill the rest of the night.

by Anonymousreply 271September 30, 2020 11:34 AM

Someone said on Twitter that if the debate was a shit show it was President Trump who took the dump.

by Anonymousreply 272September 30, 2020 11:36 AM

Dump is such a fucking disgrace, coked out and unhinged like the feral beast.

by Anonymousreply 273September 30, 2020 11:42 AM

How in the holy fuck could anyone think anything other than that, R272? Biden was there to debate. he wasn't the one interrupting nonstop. And the media or any idiot attempting to "both sides" this bullshit, should go fuck themselves. Really, shame on you. We all saw who was there to make an ass of himself and who was there to actually debate. And the fact that Biden never felt compelled to call out Trump's kids shows which one had basic decency and which one should be kicked out of civilized society.

And WTF did people expect Chris Wallace to do when the president of the United States is a petulant fucking toddler? I can't believe I'm defending someone from FOX. How was he supposed to take control when he attempted to explain to that orange pile of excrement what the rules were supposed to be? What did you expect him to do? Trump would not STFU.

by Anonymousreply 274September 30, 2020 11:43 AM

Side note: Did anyone notice that when Biden called Dump stupid, he *genuinely* looked like he was going to lose his shit?

by Anonymousreply 275September 30, 2020 11:44 AM

[quote] I've only watched a few clips (debate started in the middle of the night here in the UK),

You're not in the UK. You know it. I know it. And you know I know it. You live out your fantasy life with rotating citizenship, careers you never had and food you've never tasted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276September 30, 2020 11:44 AM

Time for [italic] BAKER ACT, TOO [/italic]

Starring Whoopi, err, The Donald

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277September 30, 2020 11:46 AM

I would also say though I am honestly so grateful Biden is the dem nominee

by Anonymousreply 278September 30, 2020 11:47 AM

Republican Jonathan V. Last:

I cannot understand how anyone with an IQ over 80 could have watched this disgrace and not come away understanding that the president of the United States is a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 279September 30, 2020 11:53 AM

Maybe I misheard, but did Trump accuse Biden of referring to veterans as "bastards"? And there was a qualifier ... "disgusting bastards" maybe?

by Anonymousreply 280September 30, 2020 11:54 AM

SPOT ON:

@JoeBiden ’s challenge was, as my grandmother would say: Don’t make sense out of foolishness—or it’ll make a fool out of you.” #BidenWonTheDebate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281September 30, 2020 11:54 AM

Republican Bill Kristol:

Trump is a cornered rat. After tonight, he'll only get more desperate. The next five weeks could be a spectacle of ugliness unsurpassed in recent history. The country--all of us--will be put to a political, institutional, and civic test. It won't be pretty, and it won't be easy.

by Anonymousreply 282September 30, 2020 11:54 AM

[quote]The most chilling part to me was when Trump told his supporters to poll watch (because, of course, this election is rigged!!)

Biden: You should go out and vote.

Trump: You should go out and intimidate people you and I don't like so fewer of them vote.

by Anonymousreply 283September 30, 2020 11:57 AM

R279, many of us have been saying it for a long time. This is no longer about Rep vs Dem. This is about whether you have basic human decency or you're a Trump supporting clown

by Anonymousreply 284September 30, 2020 11:58 AM

The only language Don would understand is Joe smashing Don's knee caps with a crowbar. If there was indeed an Antifa group these Deplorables and Proud Boys would have something to whine about, but they would also think twice to reach for their guns or try to bully anyone, because they sure can dish it out but they can't take it.

by Anonymousreply 285September 30, 2020 12:06 PM

This is what happens when there's no school and no teenage girls to prey upon. You start conspiracy theories. Anything to take focus off of the shitstain you support:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286September 30, 2020 12:12 PM

Also, why wasn't Trump called out when he said he paid "millions" in federal income taxes in 2016/2017?

by Anonymousreply 287September 30, 2020 12:22 PM

R287, I only need the IRS/NYAG/NYSD to be listening to that lie.

by Anonymousreply 288September 30, 2020 12:24 PM

by Anonymousreply 289September 30, 2020 12:28 PM

I saw this comment in the NYT section about the debate:

Would like to give the actual commentator credit. No idea who it was who said it

"Post debate, one commentator made the observation that best characterized last night’s fiasco: Trump is not running against Biden. He is running against the election. Trump thinks it’s beneath him to have to be elected to his office. He thinks it’s his by right. The king is dead; long live the king. Not."

by Anonymousreply 290September 30, 2020 12:28 PM

Here's where Ellen can redeem herself. The next debate should on the set of her Game of Games. Any time Trump interrupts, she presses her button and does horrible shit to him.

by Anonymousreply 291September 30, 2020 12:36 PM

This was a great experience of political theatre. I thoroughly enjoyed my time. More more more!!! I can hardly wait for the next one.

Staying in character is essential to make these fun!

by Anonymousreply 292September 30, 2020 12:37 PM

USA today was saying Biden was incoherent at times - I'm like how can you be coherent when a baby keeps taking a shit on you.

by Anonymousreply 293September 30, 2020 12:41 PM

USA Today showing "both siding" is more important than honesty.

by Anonymousreply 294September 30, 2020 12:44 PM

CNN had a group of supposedly undecided voters in Ohio, after the debate one of the white men said that he had decided to vote for Trump because he was so disappointed in Biden for blaming the Covid death of over 200,000 at the feet of Trump.

He apparently had no disappointed in the disgusting shit show on the other side of the stage that was Trump. He clearly lied to CNN that he was undecided before the debate.

by Anonymousreply 295September 30, 2020 12:53 PM

Did I hear right when Joe was answering a question and said "Number 2", Trump said to him "You're a Number 2"?

by Anonymousreply 296September 30, 2020 12:53 PM

[quote]after the debate one of the white men said that he had decided to vote for Trump because he was so disappointed in Biden for blaming the Covid death of over 200,000 at the feet of Trump.

But not disappointed in Trump actually being responsible for the deaths.

No way that guy went into the debate "undecided."

by Anonymousreply 297September 30, 2020 12:55 PM

biden did not provide any policy. that's what i heard on cnbc. what's his china policy? the biz people want to know.

by Anonymousreply 298September 30, 2020 12:56 PM

Thanks for weighing in, Dmitri / r298

by Anonymousreply 299September 30, 2020 12:59 PM

[quote]Ohio, after the debate one of the white men

Ohio is desperate to become the new FL.

by Anonymousreply 300September 30, 2020 1:00 PM

I like R298 just pretends most of Biden's time to speak wasn't taken over by a yapping, orange shitstain who wouldn't STFU so that Biden could actually talk about his policies.

by Anonymousreply 301September 30, 2020 1:02 PM

[quote] Not gonna watch the next two debates

I'm betting there won't be any more debates. Once fat bastard hears all the reviews of his performance at the first one he'll probably be too afraid to do another one.

by Anonymousreply 302September 30, 2020 1:06 PM

Hard to clearly articulate a detailed policy when someone is interrupting you every 3 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 303September 30, 2020 1:06 PM

Bob Woodard on Morning Joe this morning, re Trump: "I don't want to overstate this, but he is assassinating the presidency."

by Anonymousreply 304September 30, 2020 1:07 PM

Jon Meacham just said it perfectly: Biden is not on the ballot, WE are.

by Anonymousreply 305September 30, 2020 1:09 PM

NYT: It was the Trump age in bleak, exhausting miniature, a presidency stripped to its studs: a furious bid to fill the minutes with as much chaos, volume and outright fiction as necessary to impose his will on the proceedings.

by Anonymousreply 306September 30, 2020 1:12 PM

Life long Boris here, going to have to work overtime to influence board after this mess!

by Anonymousreply 307September 30, 2020 1:18 PM

BAD FUCKING THINGS< BABY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308September 30, 2020 1:19 PM

"Once fat bastard hears all the reviews of his performance at the first one he'll probably be too afraid to do another one."

Negative. He most definitely sees his performance as an unqualified win and will want to gift us with a repeat performance.

I say let him. If Biden just stays the course, we can watch Mango Mussolini continue to hang himself on live television.

by Anonymousreply 309September 30, 2020 1:19 PM

he's a classic demogogue

by Anonymousreply 310September 30, 2020 1:20 PM

[quote] and one woman said she liked a lot of what Trump was saying but hated the way he was saying it and it was frustrating, and now she's less inclined towards him although she likes the policies

This woman is indicative of the fact that around 35-40% of people in this country suffer from some level of brain function deficiency. When it's not what they want to hear their brains change it to something they do. In short, they're mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 311September 30, 2020 1:22 PM

Haha, R263! Look at Trump's line of vision and expression:

Instead of looking at the approaching Melania, he's looking ruefully across the stage with admiration of the beautiful blonde Jill and with envy of Joe!

by Anonymousreply 312September 30, 2020 1:24 PM

Я думал, что дебаты прошли очень хорошо. Бог даст силу MAGA и даст Дональду второй срок.

by Anonymousreply 313September 30, 2020 1:25 PM

Was there a question about China policy?

by Anonymousreply 314September 30, 2020 1:28 PM

that's what I heard on CNBC this morning.

Also, is it true that Biden had 2 brain surgeries in the past...decades ago.

A trump supporter I know told me, he's in the medical field. Is this fake news?

I don't trust the post office so i will be voting in person. My state is blue.

by Anonymousreply 315September 30, 2020 1:29 PM

Also, I hope Biden lays off the Botox, he couldn't raise his eyebrows. I saw him trying to but he only managed to widen his eyes. I did like the suit and tie he was wearing, at least he's not a fat cunt like trump who looks fatter than ever.

by Anonymousreply 316September 30, 2020 1:31 PM

Psycho. Per usual, celebrities are only allowed an opinion when it leans warped right-wing:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317September 30, 2020 1:34 PM

Sure, r298.

Trump's gulls and dupes think he's being "tough on China," whereas in reality, e.g., Ivanka has multiple patents granted in China (coffins among them, to add to the Trump Grotesquerie), and her fashion line was made there.

Don't think for a second that Trump isn't looking to get hotels and golf courses (aka, money-laundering entities) in China plus a piece of the Macau casino trade.

Remember: He not only wouldn't condemn China's violent treatment of Hong Kong protesters; he said China's destruction of the "Two-Way Government" was good for Wall Street.

by Anonymousreply 318September 30, 2020 1:37 PM

Business people don't give a shit about Trump's kids and whatever the fuck they are doing. They want to know what Trump and Biden is gonna do for them. How are they gonna help or hurt their businesses/operations. They only care about their own families and how it's gonna affect their employees and their families.

by Anonymousreply 320September 30, 2020 1:40 PM

I was surprised that Biden is 77 years old. Trump is 74? both old!

by Anonymousreply 321September 30, 2020 1:41 PM

Troll on a roll. Three posts in a row that I can't see.

by Anonymousreply 322September 30, 2020 1:48 PM

Yeah, r322, the one who keeps accusing Biden of having had work done is especially cute. Reading it I found myself thinking, why didn't Trump have work done? But then you think, why didn't he get a personal trainer and personal chef to keep him in shape, and a professional makeup artist, and do something better with his hair, and that train of thought could waste your whole day.

by Anonymousreply 323September 30, 2020 1:55 PM

With retrospect, it's extremely impressive that Hillary managed to remain so composed and civil through all three debates in 2016. Imagine hours of that prat yammering on at you. I would have cracked. I was glad when Biden talked back to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 324September 30, 2020 1:58 PM

Are you blind? Can't you see that Biden has had at least 1 face lift? These are facts! I do not know if this is new info but I was told biden had 2 brain surgeries in the past, one in the 80s, and one in the 90s.

I do not know what to believe and I turned off the debate after 30min.

by Anonymousreply 325September 30, 2020 2:10 PM

If Joe Biden had had half his brain removed and replaced with Twizzlers he'd still be a more capable leader of the free world than Dark Triad Trumpy.

by Anonymousreply 326September 30, 2020 2:15 PM

^^^Stupid Dump supplicant knows only what she was told (Fux News)^^^

by Anonymousreply 327September 30, 2020 2:15 PM

My above comment was meant for r326

by Anonymousreply 328September 30, 2020 2:24 PM

From Sacha Baron Cohen's insta:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329September 30, 2020 2:24 PM

Mandy Patinkin @PatinkinMandy

Post Debate - If that’s what that was. My thoughts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330September 30, 2020 2:28 PM

R328, we know it was actually meant for r325 - who I have on ignore, but assume it's a deserved rebuke.

by Anonymousreply 331September 30, 2020 2:31 PM

[quote]Bob Woodard on Morning Joe this morning, re Trump: "I don't want to overstate this, but he is assassinating the presidency."

Well now, there's a really striking evocative metaphor for a distinguished senior journalist to share with his country.

by Anonymousreply 332September 30, 2020 2:36 PM

On the BBC, the newsreader just announced that you can watch the debate on iPlayer - then added, "Or head to your local playground for a similar level of debate."

by Anonymousreply 333September 30, 2020 2:38 PM

I am feeling cautiously optimistic that Biden will win the election, at least the legal, actual ballots counted part of the election. I’m worried about the months between November and January. Once a president has been voted out, I assume he’s still president until the formal transfer of power? Will Trump go totally scorched earth and make all sorts of horrifying proclamations and rulings? I’m not talking about pardons for his band of lowlife associates, but can he still make decisions that have real consequences for the country?

by Anonymousreply 334September 30, 2020 2:49 PM

[quote]Did I hear right when Joe was answering a question and said "Number 2", Trump said to him "You're a Number 2"?

I heard that too and even commented on one of the earlier threads! I thought for sure it would be everywhere, that a sitting POTUS had just called Joe Biden a piece of shit. So far I've heard nothing about it though. Did we hear it wrong???

by Anonymousreply 335September 30, 2020 2:56 PM

r271 again. To add...Trump just reminded me of those caged animals they keep tied up, without food, and abuse to make them more vicious when they come out and fight and that's what Trump reminded me of. Someone who has mentally prepped himself for combat, take no prisoners, and he looked sweaty, his eyes darted at the cameras (I freeze framed a few shots) when Biden would speak, it was just awful. It was unsettling to watch. If Biden wins this election (and I know he will), he should get a high honour from Congress, Senate for his fortitude, his grace, and even putting himself in that "ring of fire" to save the people of America. That's really what Biden is doing - a big sacrifice in the face of this terrible horrible monster.

by Anonymousreply 336September 30, 2020 3:04 PM

Agree r279. Plus whatever "prescription" he was on as well. He literally was on this roller coaster ..... attacking from the moment he got on the stage. I would disagree with previous poster about Wallace. He really should have slammed Trump. Cut the mic. He just stood by and let Trump rant. And basically it was just a rant. Wallace failed bigly.

by Anonymousreply 337September 30, 2020 3:12 PM

r332 was Woodward referring to Trump's own presidency, or the Office of the President?

by Anonymousreply 338September 30, 2020 3:15 PM

And still the general media treats Trump with kid gloves. "Biden being barely ok but still won, I guess" "Trump was so ... hyper. A shame Biden couldn't stand up to him".

by Anonymousreply 339September 30, 2020 3:21 PM

[quote]was Woodward referring to Trump's own presidency, or the Office of the President?

Link to his comments:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340September 30, 2020 3:23 PM

I think so r338. If you recall Doris Kearns Goodwin (who I've quoted a few times here on DL) said at the very beginning of Trump assuming office of president, words to the effect: If Trump does not get a handle on his anger, control his temper, he will lose the Presidency." Or words to that effect. I never forgot it. And guess what happened last night?

by Anonymousreply 341September 30, 2020 3:30 PM

Some thoughts:

* Trump was angry and cruel in a way we've never seen before. In previous debates, Trump sounded like a heckler at a comedy club trying to score some points. Last night he was angry, like a cornered rat. This wasn't the "gotcha!" repartee he used on Hillary and Ted Cruz, it was abusive father shouting at frightened kids scary and insane and all that. Zero entertainment value and just lots of cringe

* As a result, I suspect a lot of people who were looking for a reason to abandon Trump will jump off the train. By "a lot" I mean maybe 3% or so of his support, but that's a huge plus for Biden who is already well ahead. But so many hardcore GOPers seem shocked by his tone and his failure to do anything to reach beyond the hardest of his hardcore base. When Rick Santorum WTF's you, you know you are in trouble.

* I don't know what Chris Wallace could have done other than shut down the debate. Could he have taken time away from Trump every time he interrupted? Not sure that would have stopped Trump at all. Next debate needs to be Zoom style, with candidates in separate rooms and mute buttons

* While it's easy to dismiss Biden for not being as forceful as he could have been on some of his answers, could anyone have withstood that barrage from Trump, the complete and utter nastiness that quickly became so personal. It would be as if he shouted at Hillary that Chelsea was ugly and that she was so repulsive Bill wouldn't touch her. Or told Obama that Michelle looked like a gorilla and that he was a loser because his father left him and his mother was a loony slut. There's a point where just standing there and not responding is all you can do.

* Fascinating to watch the media go from blatant "both-sides-ism" to realizing that it was all Trump's fault. NYT headlines started off with generic "chaotic debate" with "both candidates shouting" then, around midnight, got around to blaming Trump for the chaos. Very curious as to how and why that played out.

* The Proud Boys thing will just be something we care about. MAGAts are already defending him, saying "he didn't mean it like that" -- MAGAts remind me of battered women, always claiming the guy who hits them "didn't mean it", that "he's misunderstood" that they stay with him because "he can be really sweet to me" and all that.

* Returning to the anger for the last point. It was palpable. This is the president of the United States and he's gone so far beyond his usual level of nastiness that he managed to shock and scare people. This person has his finger on the nuclear codes.

by Anonymousreply 342September 30, 2020 3:30 PM

[quote]Returning to the anger for the last point. It was palpable.

I just talked to a relative who voted for Trump in 2016 (and now detests him). The first thing she said was, "He's such an angry, angry man."

by Anonymousreply 343September 30, 2020 3:36 PM

How soon until we see a side by side video comparison of Trump from last night's debate and some of Hitler's speeches?

by Anonymousreply 344September 30, 2020 3:39 PM

[quote]Trump was angry and cruel in a way we've never seen before.

THIS.

by Anonymousreply 345September 30, 2020 3:43 PM

Re: R335. If it's found that he said that, no-one would be too surprised. It speaks of deep cornered fear, possible stimulant use, and intrinsic juvenile nastiness. No-one sane in his 70's would say such a thing live before the world.

As against that, Biden called Trump a clown, a liar, and the worst President ever. He rather had the best of the absolutist put-downs.

by Anonymousreply 346September 30, 2020 3:45 PM

[quote]I am feeling cautiously optimistic that Biden will win the election, at least the legal, actual ballots counted part of the election. I’m worried about the months between November and January. Once a president has been voted out, I assume he’s still president until the formal transfer of power? Will Trump go totally scorched earth and make all sorts of horrifying proclamations and rulings? I’m not talking about pardons for his band of lowlife associates, but can he still make decisions that have real consequences for the country?

I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to nuke an "anarchist city."

by Anonymousreply 347September 30, 2020 3:47 PM

NEW: Democrats saw a fundraising boom during and following the wild #Debates2020. Fundraising site @actblue processed close to $8 million between 9:00 and 11:00 pm. Since the start of the debate until this morning, it saw at least $25 million.

by Anonymousreply 348September 30, 2020 3:47 PM

r347, yikes!

by Anonymousreply 349September 30, 2020 3:50 PM

Serious question: what percentage of Trump's answers were bald-faced lies? 75? 80?

It was remarkable.

by Anonymousreply 350September 30, 2020 3:51 PM

Daniel Dale, the fact checking guy on CNN, said that 100% of Trump's claims about mail-in voting were false, R350

by Anonymousreply 351September 30, 2020 3:54 PM

Also, WTF was Trump talking about that Biden killed vets in veterans hospitals. What false information was that a reference to?

by Anonymousreply 352September 30, 2020 3:54 PM

Those who are voting for him no matter what, because of their 401Ks and stocks should look at what happens to the banks when an authoritarian takes over. Those people are not going to be Oligarchs in the new world.

IT IS A COOKBOOK, PEOPLE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353September 30, 2020 3:55 PM

Anything is possible r347. I think it's fair to say, however, that as of today, September 30, 2020, the people of the U.S. (most of them anyway) have Trump's number. Last night was the big reveal and unfortunately Trump revealed a bit too much of the Inner Workings. It's ok to be psychotic of sociopathic or whatever but really, if you are trying to reach a goal here, it might be wise to suppress some of those outward urges or signs. Last night was Trump unfiltered. In retrospect it was delicious to watch Trump as the victim of his own mental turmoil, unravelling before our eyes, with no discernible, as Woodward said this morning on Morning Joe no new information, no new strategies, big fat nothing to add about his own contribution to the POTUS race.

Losers are desperate, raw, unfiltered, cornered, attackers, vicious and destroyers. Winners are confident, calm, quietly assertive, contributors, positive, resourceful and genuine.

Pick your leader, I'd say.

by Anonymousreply 354September 30, 2020 3:56 PM

People saying we shouldn't be surprised by last night's performance must not have watched the 2016 debates. I 2016, Trump was brash and got some quips in, but he largely let Hillary or the moderator speak. The first 30 minutes were unhinged and full of just heckling. This was not like 2016 at all. It wasn't even like his rallies or sparring with reporters, it was just one big filibuster. Trump finally got quiet when his drug high wore off in the second half.

2016 was like a highly charged debate, but it was somewhat of a debate. Last night was like a car accident. Sure, we made it out alive but we were left feeling anxious, disappointed, and angry.

by Anonymousreply 355September 30, 2020 3:58 PM

r350 hee's the thing, NEVER during a Presidential debate has one candidate not offered a single policy. All Trump did was talk about his gripes against Biden, Democrats, and the Left. It was a Real Housewives reunion show, instead of a debate.

Can anyone remember one policy detail that Trump shared?

by Anonymousreply 356September 30, 2020 4:00 PM

r356, isn't that Trump 101? Never talk politics, just attack the opponent, so he has to go on the defense if he gets a word in.

by Anonymousreply 357September 30, 2020 4:07 PM

To my earlier point about NYT headlines--- right now the banner on the home page says:

"Trump Hectoring Upends Debate As He Attacks Integrity of Election"

with the bold subhead "Trump wont' condemn white supremacy; policy talk is drowned out"

Though when you click on it, the new headline reads "With Cross Talk, Lies and Mockery, Trump Tramples Decorum in Debate With Biden"

Point being that same headline was "Sharp Personal Attacks And Name Calling In Chaotic First Debate" at around 11pm last night.

by Anonymousreply 358September 30, 2020 4:09 PM

Next POTUS debate is in Miami, Trump's Floriduh turf. On a Thursday, so he can go to Mar-a-Lago afterwards. He'll be pumped and it will be more carnage, as Joe reels from the flurry of blows.

by Anonymousreply 359September 30, 2020 4:10 PM

What is this on his head?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360September 30, 2020 4:16 PM

R359, the next debate will be a town hall. Trump will be attacking people in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 361September 30, 2020 4:16 PM

Biden's big mistake was reacting to Trump at all. He should have just kept talking to the camera in a calm, informative voice- as if Trump wasn't there. That way it would have been Wallace's failure to 'moderate' things- not Biden's failure to concentrate.

Wallace was instructed by the Rethugs to just keep whining, "Mr. President... Mr. President... Sir... Mr. President".

by Anonymousreply 362September 30, 2020 4:23 PM

Why do we even have a 25th amendment? Everyone who's involved in not invoking it is complicit. After the revelations about his taxes, the man shouldn't even have a security clearance, much less access to the nuclear codes. And after the debate, he's clearly proved he's mentally unfit for the office.

by Anonymousreply 363September 30, 2020 4:27 PM

Your spoke my name, r363.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364September 30, 2020 4:29 PM

R358 for those that don’t hang on your every whim, what was the previous point?

by Anonymousreply 365September 30, 2020 4:32 PM

I'll just leave this here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366September 30, 2020 4:33 PM

That media outlets started out with very "both sides were being chaotic" headlines and not blaming Trump and then quickly turned to putting the full blame on Trump when it seemed that was the conventional wisdom R365 -- the post I was referencing was at R342

by Anonymousreply 367September 30, 2020 4:37 PM

NBC News contributor and Trump backer Hugh Hewitt: First debate “may have depressed turnout — which is good for Trump”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368September 30, 2020 4:38 PM

Sorry Hugh

First debate may have depressed turnout among Deplorables.

It energized Democrats as evidenced by the huge sums of money Act Blue has been collecting since the debate.

by Anonymousreply 369September 30, 2020 4:39 PM

Trump finally got quiet when his drug high wore off in the second half.

I was kind of thinking that too; it was like he was starting to come down off of whatever he was on along with the old man inclination to get tired. But at the beginning he was like a mad, frothing dog

After that last performance, it's hard to imagine that Biden's people won't try to establish new ground rules/protocols since Dump refuses to respect the agreed on rules

by Anonymousreply 370September 30, 2020 4:40 PM

[quote]I’m thinking soundproof booths for each candidate might be the best option.

Like "The $64,000 Question"! Very appropriate for a president who's a former game show host.

by Anonymousreply 371September 30, 2020 4:45 PM

[quote]I do not know what to believe and I turned off the debate after 30min.

Look! We finally heard from the one person in America who's stupid enough to still be "undecided"!

by Anonymousreply 372September 30, 2020 4:49 PM

Biden was in a no-win situation. One part of me thought he should have simply stopped talking when Trump interrupted and ranted, waited calmly for him to stop, and the asked for his time back. But then, Trump would have gotten extra time and would have appeared to be "winning."

The problem for Biden was that he had no way of effectively shutting Trump up. Which is not his job. He shouldn't have to fill the role of moderator in addition to debate participant.

by Anonymousreply 373September 30, 2020 4:49 PM

R371 ... and then there is a hiss where the gas starts entering the secured booth....

by Anonymousreply 374September 30, 2020 4:49 PM

[quote]But so many hardcore GOPers seem shocked by his tone and his failure to do anything to reach beyond the hardest of his hardcore base. When Rick Santorum WTF's you, you know you are in trouble.

I think Dana Bash of CNN said last night that people who left the administration reached out to tell her this is how he behaves daily in the WH, and it's part of the reason they left.

by Anonymousreply 375September 30, 2020 4:50 PM

T: "I've done more in 47 months than you've done in 47 years"

B: "You've failed at everything you've ever done- including marriage. What was it- 5 bankruptcies? You're in astronomical debt. You've accomplished nothing as a President except tweeting and running your ignorant mouth. You're a failure as a businessman and a failure as a President and it's time for you to leave".

by Anonymousreply 376September 30, 2020 4:50 PM

[quote] "Union households in Ohio now favor Biden by eight points, 52 to 44 percent. In 2016, Trump carried that same constituency by 13 points, 54 to 41 percent, according to exit polling. That’s a whopping 21-point turnaround."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377September 30, 2020 4:52 PM

If I were an "undecided" voter, I would not admit it. You look like a half-wit.

by Anonymousreply 378September 30, 2020 4:52 PM

The amount of money that Democrats have raised in the past 2 weeks is insane. There's no better gauge of voter enthusiasm than putting your hard-earned money where your mouth is.

by Anonymousreply 379September 30, 2020 4:55 PM

I guess Joe decided it would’ve been too “inside Washington” to respond to Trump’s taunt about the Obama administration not filling 125 judge positions, but boy, that pissed me off and made me hate Mitch McConnell even more…which I didn’t think was even possible!

by Anonymousreply 380September 30, 2020 4:57 PM

I spoke with someone who dealt with a lot of special ed students and she said they way Trump acted is the way he students would act. Chris Wallace would have had no way to get Trump under control other than taping his mouth shut. There is only so much you can as an adult to get another adult to stop talking. There was just nothing Wallace could do other than what he did.

by Anonymousreply 381September 30, 2020 4:58 PM

Regarding undecided voters. David Sedaris said it best:

[italic] “On Undecided Voter​s: "To put them in perspective, I think​ of being​ on an airplane.​ The flight attendant comes​ down the aisle​ with her food cart and, eventually,​ parks​ it beside my seat.​ “Can I inter​est you in the chick​en?​” she asks.​ “Or would​ you prefer the platter of shit with bits of broke​n glass​ in it?”[/italic]

[italic]To be undecided in this elect​ion is to pause​ for a moment and then ask how the chick​en is cooked.” [/italic]

by Anonymousreply 382September 30, 2020 5:04 PM

Truth be told, I'd eat Trump's shit if he allowed me to fish it out the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 383September 30, 2020 5:17 PM

R302 David Frum (not my favorite dis-affected Republican) captured it: "what we saw last time - a candidate who was a little less than his former self - and the other was a monster."

by Anonymousreply 384September 30, 2020 5:19 PM

I sometimes scan the comments in the WSJ, which is a way to gauge feelings among people who tend to vote for Republicans.

There were more than a few this AM saying "I voted for Trump last time, was on the fence, but I was so put off by his demeanor last night (WSJ readers use words like "demeanor") that I think I am going to vote for Biden

Nothing scientific about it, but I thought there was something to it, that some of his non-hardcore supporters have finally had enough.

by Anonymousreply 385September 30, 2020 5:23 PM

Biden was very good this morning in Alliance, Ohio--speech and Q&A on a whistle stop. Through to Pennsylvania with 8 more stops today. Then the White House in January.

by Anonymousreply 386September 30, 2020 5:29 PM

Trump has no shame. Of course, he will do another one when that gets him media exposure. That guy is the living embodiment of "any publicity is good publicity" and is insistent that it works in his favor. And with guys like Putin, McConnell & Barr backing him up who can convince him otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 387September 30, 2020 5:30 PM

But we were told Trump was going to back out of this first debate, r302.

We were told Trump was going to back out of the Republican nomination in 2016. We were told Trump was going to back out of accepting the White House job in 2016. We were told Trump was going to back out after one term.

How many crimes and persistent, predatory behaviors from Trump is it going to take to convince you that Trump's going to keep taking as much as he can?

SOCIOPATHS DON'T STOP. YOU HAVE TO STOP SOCIOPATHS.

by Anonymousreply 388September 30, 2020 5:36 PM

Yeah, weren't we also told that Trump would resign before the coming election when it looks like he's losing?

by Anonymousreply 389September 30, 2020 5:40 PM

God, they're good...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390September 30, 2020 5:44 PM

FAKE NEWS @ r325 about Biden having brain surgeries.

Those are only your "Alternative Facts." If you want to claim Biden had 2 brain surgeries, then you need to prove it with links to the receipts.

At least Biden HAS a brain!

by Anonymousreply 391September 30, 2020 5:44 PM

“You just saw 90 minutes. How can you still be undecided?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392September 30, 2020 5:48 PM

The Commission on Presidential Debates on Wednesday put out a highly unusual notice about making changes to debate formats just hours after President Donald Trump spent a good chunk of Tuesday night’s 90-minute debate interrupting Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

“Last night’s debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues,” the commission said. “The CPD will be carefully considering the changes it will adopt and will announce those measures shortly.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393September 30, 2020 5:53 PM

[quote]* Trump was angry and cruel in a way we've never seen before.

Boy, r342 sure hasn't been paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 394September 30, 2020 5:53 PM

[quote]Could anyone have withstood that barrage from Trump?

I could have. I would have had a field day owning that petulant psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 395September 30, 2020 5:57 PM

That’s really something, R393. Good for them.

For anyone wanting raw stats, Trump interrupted Wallace and Biden a total of 128 times in 90 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 396September 30, 2020 5:59 PM

6 corporate bankruptcies, r376.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397September 30, 2020 6:06 PM

Since Trump has no plans he can talk about, and his only debate strategy is to interrupt Biden, if the future debates let moderates cut off mics, he really might not agree to them.

by Anonymousreply 398September 30, 2020 6:08 PM

[quote]Nothing scientific about it, but I thought there was something to it, that some of his non-hardcore supporters have finally had enough.

People are funny, r385. They believe what they are lead to believe until surprise! one day, they can't believe anymore. Sometimes it takes something like a "debate" showing the candidate for what he really is and what people refused to see, couldn't see, or denied they were seeing previously. Then once that takes hold, you get a broader cultural spread of the same sentiment across the masses. That could be what is going on right now. Trump was riding a wave - he still is but it's diminishing and he can't control its direction anymore. That was part of the Trump anger or hostility towards Biden last night. Biden is seizing control of the wave, creating his own wave.

by Anonymousreply 399September 30, 2020 6:10 PM

R395 = Bernie Sanders. Still plotting

by Anonymousreply 400September 30, 2020 6:11 PM

r400 = still slandering and deflecting.

by Anonymousreply 401September 30, 2020 6:13 PM

MSNBC unleashed their correspondents across the country and it does seem that consensus is that most independent voters shifted more towards Biden after this debate.

by Anonymousreply 402September 30, 2020 6:15 PM

One of the ladies on MSNBC said that.

Whomever commented that trump was indignant that he had to debate and be voted in again.

Those three were spot on yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 403September 30, 2020 6:19 PM

Whoever.

by Anonymousreply 404September 30, 2020 6:21 PM

R388

I'm not sure he could handle losing. If he hasn't made up a lot of ground in MI, PA and WI very soon I could see him quitting in a huff to screw the Republicans he sees as having "betrayed" him.

by Anonymousreply 405September 30, 2020 6:28 PM

The Collapse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406September 30, 2020 6:36 PM

After last night's shameful spectacle, I'm all for cancelling the remaining debates. Don't give Dump a second chance to become "presidential"; let last night's raving lunatic racist baby-man be the lasting impression on (sane) voters before the election.

by Anonymousreply 407September 30, 2020 6:38 PM

He's already planning not to quit, as we heard last night. His notion of the count going on for weeks and months, and challenging it, gives him great latitude to continue as the most berserk bull in the china shop since that simile was minted.

Every possible thing to be blamed will shamelessly be blamed except the man in the mirror: the system, the party, the press, Crooked Hillary, China. His mental illness will not allow him to quit. Which means that whatever exit fate blissfully grants us will be tumultuous.

by Anonymousreply 408September 30, 2020 6:40 PM

Question: Carville (I think it was him) suggested that Dump's #1 priority is keeping out of prison & that he's angling for a pardon from NYC/Cuomo; is it possible that he's amping up the crazy in hopes that they'll give him said pardon on the condition he goes the fuck away?

by Anonymousreply 409September 30, 2020 6:42 PM

MAGAt Twitter is like a wayback machine today, they're all about Ted Cruz going off on Comey about Hillary. (Was not interested enough to bother understanding what, as it is likely nothing.)

by Anonymousreply 410September 30, 2020 6:48 PM

Damn, I love the Lincoln Project. That new video about the debate is great.

by Anonymousreply 411September 30, 2020 6:48 PM

If Trump was actually smart and calculating, he could have easily used this debate to his advantage. Joe isn't a good debater or communicator. He gets irritable under pressure and he side steps or fumbles his way through questions. You could very easily out debate him. For the first couple for minutes I thought Trump was going to take that approach but that quickly disappeared. He can't control himself for even an hour and a half. I can't imagine living or working with him. It would be an absolute nightmare. I am pretty sure Melania doesn't live with him.

by Anonymousreply 412September 30, 2020 6:51 PM

DT doing a "fake" presser right now. CNN

by Anonymousreply 413September 30, 2020 6:55 PM

If he doesn't quit, yet loses, the R establishment will move on with President-elect Biden. They would prefer him scrubbed as soon as possible, especially those candidates not in heavily Republican areas who have to run in the next year or two.

by Anonymousreply 414September 30, 2020 6:56 PM

Trump presser:

I hear Biden wants to get out the debate, I don't know that's up to him

Crime generally concerns me. Let law enforcement take care of it

by Anonymousreply 415September 30, 2020 6:58 PM

[quote]I hear Biden wants to get out the debate, I don't know that's up to him

Projection, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 416September 30, 2020 7:13 PM

[quote]Crime generally concerns me.

"Generally" here means "when anyone other than me or my family is committing it."

by Anonymousreply 417September 30, 2020 7:20 PM

[quote]If Trump was actually smart and calculating, he could have easily used this debate to his advantage. Joe isn't a good debater or communicator.

The operative word being "smart" r12. Here's the little bit that I've read about sociopaths: Sociopath is adaptive behavior to survive and mask cognitive issues. Psychopaths (like sociopaths) intentionally cause chaos and sit back & play innocent while they blame you for reacting. Sociopath wants to be cruel. Self-referential. Makes them hard to work with.

So I guess the takeaway is DT is not the "stable genius" he claims, not even particularly bright. He had no way of being "strategic" on that stage last night. Not in his DNA. He was just being impulsive, the way he always he is, on or off-stage. Not a good basis for overtaking the enemy. To quote Sun Tzu:

For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

by Anonymousreply 418September 30, 2020 7:38 PM

Meant to say r412, not r12. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 419September 30, 2020 7:39 PM

lmaoooo.... @FrankLuntz just went around, asking everyone to use one word to describe Trump tonight... every single word was negative, and Ruthie went with "crackhead" again

Meanwhile, when Frank asks everyone to associate a word or phrase with Biden, the vast majority are positive in nature.... and several people say Biden was much sharper than they expected him to be, exceeded expectations, etc

(brilliant work by Team Trump w/ the senile strategy)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420September 30, 2020 7:39 PM

To Joe Biden:

Congratulations, Mr. Calm, Cool and Collected;

Last night you got yourself elected!

Despite a drug-crazed, racist, sociopathic, narcissistic, lying hyena barking in your ear the entire time, you conducted yourself with class, dignity and respected the American people by attempting to elevate the discussion.  Well played, sir; you earned our respect, and our vote. On November 3rd Trump is fired and you're hired.

by Anonymousreply 421September 30, 2020 7:57 PM

[quote]gives him great latitude to continue as the most berserk bull in the china shop since that simile was minted.

It's a metaphor, not a simile.

by Anonymousreply 422September 30, 2020 8:00 PM

R407 Another angle on "whether Joe should participate in any more debates": Trump's main message now is that the election is crooked, mail in voting is all a fraud, and he will not accept a result where he loses. He advises his supporters to go to polling places and monitor (intimidate) - all explaining to his base why he will challenge the results and take it to the court.

Why give him a national platform to spew this?

No more debates. It can only help him deny the legitimacy of the election.

by Anonymousreply 423September 30, 2020 8:06 PM

R422 "like a bull in a china shop" is a simile.

by Anonymousreply 424September 30, 2020 8:07 PM

Not the way it was used at R422. There was no "like" or "as" in the sentence.

by Anonymousreply 425September 30, 2020 8:11 PM

... as the most berserk bull in the china shop since that simile was minted.

by Anonymousreply 426September 30, 2020 8:21 PM

Being the president of the United States is a tough job if you're doing it right. Having to endure three 90-minute periods of being ranted at by a geriatric speed freak shouldn't faze you. I think Joe will be just fine even if they don't change the rules, so long as they have measures in place in case Donnie really loses it and tries to smother Joe by sitting on him or something.

by Anonymousreply 427September 30, 2020 8:23 PM

I forgot my favorite line of the night was when Chris Wallace was asking Trump about masks and said something to the effect of "I know you were concerned about their effect on waiters" -- and every sane person watching just sniggered.

by Anonymousreply 428September 30, 2020 8:32 PM

[quote]they're all about Ted Cruz going off on Comey about Hillary. (Was not interested enough to bother understanding what, as it is likely nothing.)

probably b/c Comey was testifying today before the Senate Judiciary on their Russia probe witch-hunt.

by Anonymousreply 429September 30, 2020 8:43 PM

Didn't Rosie O. call out trump on his bankruptcies during their infamous feud? I think he started puffing up his chest and said he would sue her for slander. She should have egged him on for the lawsuit. He would've had to reveal his tax returns and Rosie would've single handedly (and unknowingly) saved us from this shitshow.

I still give her props for the exaggerated hair swirl when she imitated him. She read him for filth. Looking back, she was unbelievably accurate.

by Anonymousreply 430September 30, 2020 8:43 PM

If the pointy hat fits ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431September 30, 2020 8:46 PM

One more reason to love Jake Tapper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432September 30, 2020 8:47 PM

Rosie does such a great Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433September 30, 2020 8:48 PM

Nope, nothing to see here. Just a 'witch hunt.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434September 30, 2020 8:50 PM

Comment from the article you posted r434:

[bold]The real scandal isn’t what’s illegal; it’s what is legal for Russians to launder criminal proceeds this way.

by Anonymousreply 435September 30, 2020 8:53 PM

[Quote] No president next term. America needs to just be single for a while and focus on herself.

by Anonymousreply 436September 30, 2020 8:54 PM

[quote]For anyone wanting raw stats, Trump interrupted Wallace and Biden a total of 128 times in 90 minutes.

What's hilarious is one of the flying monkeys from Trump admin (forget who) this morning was saying Trump was interrupted like 76 times by Wallace while Biden was only interrupted by him like 12 times. This fucking moron was undoubtedly including the times Trump was interrupted because he was interrupting Biden. Sick people support Trump evil and sick.

by Anonymousreply 437September 30, 2020 8:56 PM

Politico is reporting that the Biden campaign raised $10 million last night during the debate.

by Anonymousreply 438September 30, 2020 9:07 PM

Dumbo's website is spreading a claim of 33 lies by Biden in the debate. Projection much?

CNN's Daniel Dale says while Joe Biden was "largely accurate" during tonight's presidential debate, "we had an avalanche of lying from President Trump." He says at points during the debate, "almost every single thing (Trump) said ... was inaccurate."

by Anonymousreply 439September 30, 2020 9:10 PM

All of this shitshow can be traced back to our complete loss of decency as a society. People get away with being assholes because not only to we allow it--we celebrate it and reward it. And then others see it and emulate it. No one is ashamed of their behavior anymore, so there's no incentive for most people to be civil and polite. I'm glad I'm old. This country (and the world) are going to hell.

by Anonymousreply 440September 30, 2020 9:18 PM

R437 I saw that; that was posted by dumbass Charlie Kirk, the same Charlie Kirk who inadvertently confirmed that the NYT's article about Orange Turd's taxes was in fact not "fake news".

If there was any mistake made by Joe last night, I'd say it was making the Russian bounty and Dump's "suckers and losers" remarks all about Beau, instead of every soldier who paid the ultimate sacrifice. Biden bringing up his son was all Turd needed to immediately deflect to the Hunter red meat nothingburger.

by Anonymousreply 441September 30, 2020 9:26 PM

Yes R440, and I blame people like Howard Stern for this. Celebrating trash, crudeness, carelessness has been increasingly the culture for the last few decades. Pop music and pop culture has never been as low brow, trashy and un-artistic as it has been today. The Kardashians, Cardi B. Black Music used to be sophisticated, now it's testosterone obsessed rappers who encourage violence, misogyny and division.

Trump in a way is a reflection of that culture.

by Anonymousreply 442September 30, 2020 9:31 PM

As if this country was every decent. The further back you look the more racists, sexists, and homophobic things were. It only felt decent because the internet didn't magnify that behavior. At no time were things all that more decent. Civil? Maybe. Decent, hell no.

When you see a happy America in pictures of the past, most of the time it's just a photo of privilege white people, with outsized buying power, compared to the rest of the world, and all-white neighborhoods. Underneath the propaganda was a lot of suffering by everyone, besides straight, white men, Christian American men. Everyone else went through bullshit and aggression.

In many ways, this applies to Canada and Europe. Hopefully, Trump is of a dying breed, but the Gev-Z Nazi entering into Congress proves that that tree is sprouting fresh roots.

by Anonymousreply 443September 30, 2020 9:37 PM

Stunning drop in viewership ratings for the debate.

Americans are decided already and not listening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444September 30, 2020 9:41 PM

Trump just memorized 15 talking points, all of them lies, and spewed them out like word salad, even when they made no sense: Your son got $3 million from the mayor of Moscow! Your son is on drugs! You said University of Delaware when you didn’t even go there! You’re not smart—you were at the bottom of your class!! And on and on and on

Not one point was about policy.

by Anonymousreply 445September 30, 2020 9:43 PM

Don't worry sweetheart.I am coming for you. And it won't be nice.

by Anonymousreply 446September 30, 2020 9:45 PM

[quote] Celebrating trash, crudeness, carelessness has been increasingly the culture for the last few decades. Pop music and pop culture has never been as low brow, trashy and un-artistic as it has been today. The Kardashians, Cardi B. Black Music used to be sophisticated, now it's testosterone obsessed rappers who encourage violence, misogyny and division.

[quote] Maybe people got tired of evangelicals judging them and saying they're going to hell. Maybe people got tired of being judged by what they wear or the music they listen to or make. Maybe people got tired of religious tracts showing 'children being scared into the arms of an angry God' being left on their windshield.

[quote] Cardi B and M Thee Stallion didn't make WAP a hit. People like you made WAP a hit. The right-wing Christians were so outraged over a video that NO ONE forced them to watch or maybe didn't even watch. They made sure the media knew their outrage and it drew the attention of someone like me who wouldn't have watched it otherwise. So thank your puritanical right-wing Christian quilting group for lighting a fuse instead realizing that when "you do you" you don't have to worry about the 'sinners' around you.

Yes, I'm sure there are typos but I wanted to get this posted in case the rapture begins.

by Anonymousreply 447September 30, 2020 9:54 PM

I do miss civility and just basic norms and decorum.

by Anonymousreply 448September 30, 2020 9:57 PM

Trump campaign adviser/adulterer/deadbeat dad Jason Miller told Chuck Todd today that when Trump told the Proud Boys to "stand by" last night, he meant "stand by the wayside and get out of the way" of law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 449September 30, 2020 9:59 PM

Chris Wallace: “I’ve read some of the reviews, I know people think, Well, gee, I didn’t jump in soon enough. I guess I didn’t realize — and there was no way you could, hindsight being 20/20 — that this was going to be the president’s strategy, not just for the beginning of the debate but the entire debate.”

Recalling his thoughts as he sat onstage, with tens of millions of Americans watching live, Mr. Wallace said: “I’m a pro. I’ve never been through anything like this.”

“Generally speaking, I did as well as I could, so I don’t have any second thoughts there,” Mr. Wallace said, in conclusion. “I’m just disappointed with the results. For me, but much more importantly, I’m disappointed for the country, because it could have been a much more useful evening than it turned out to be.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450September 30, 2020 10:02 PM

Chris Wallace: “I’ve read some of the reviews, I know people think, Well, gee, I didn’t jump in soon enough. I guess I didn’t realize — and there was no way you could, hindsight being 20/20...

We knew, Chris...we realized...

by Anonymousreply 451September 30, 2020 10:09 PM

[quote]Yes [R440], and I blame people like Howard Stern for this.

Howard reserves most of his venom for anyone even mildly critical of Israel. He says the most despicable things about those people.

Even now, he's tepid in his criticism of Trump in that he will never directly say vile things about Trump himself who is a fucking bigot and racist and has been for years, because Howard being who he is, was fine with the target of Trump's hate. Howard prefers to whine about not getting something in the mail that he ordered and how the USPS is being destroyed, but he never has the guts to directly say what Trump is doing.

by Anonymousreply 452September 30, 2020 10:15 PM

I disagree, R451. I loathe having to defend someone from FOX, but the fact remains that people like Wallace who've been at this a very long time, are accustomed to showing respect for the office of the presidency even if an orangutan throwing feces everywhere is the one holding office. I was frankly surprised Wallace had the guts to attempt to silence Trump at all.

He can't just tell the president to STFU. We may have a Jerry Springer guest for president, but he is still president. Journalists and even Biden had to be pushed to the limit before they even said anything to him.

by Anonymousreply 453September 30, 2020 10:24 PM

Oh come on Chris, I predicted this, I'm not a journalist and I don't even live in the US.

Dump's game was to consolidate the deplorables behind him and to try throwing Joe off his game.

True, you can't deal with a madman in any rational way, at a certain point you have to restrain him by forcefully shutting him up. But it was very obvious Dump would bully his way through the debate.

by Anonymousreply 454September 30, 2020 10:25 PM

It's not like we had a previous debate of his to compare it to...

by Anonymousreply 455September 30, 2020 10:27 PM

The debate was a disaster from start to finish. Biden did not have to do anything but be there and show how different he is to Trump and he was not perfect himself.

Trump was completely unhinged, the whole thing was unwatchable. Biden won by default and I do not think Biden should consider anymore debates with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 456September 30, 2020 10:50 PM

Trump doesn’t want to agree to rule changes, which could jettison October debates

by Anonymousreply 457September 30, 2020 10:56 PM

This will be Biden in debate #2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458September 30, 2020 11:12 PM

Wallace moderated Trump/HRC in 2016 and figured it would be somewhat more contentious.

In his defense, no one could have predicted that.

by Anonymousreply 459September 30, 2020 11:13 PM

I'm so looking forward to Harris vs Pence next Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 460September 30, 2020 11:23 PM

73 million viewers tuned in. That's a huge audience. For comparison, check out the ratings chart at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461September 30, 2020 11:23 PM

I doubt I'll get far into the thousand posts in these threads and I didn't follow it here last night. I do have a comment/question.

I've read that narcissists and others with similar personality disorders can't stand being told "no" so I watched Fuckface von Clownstick's face when Wallace was repeatedly telling him "no" last night. The rage and contortions his face went through were enlightening. I could see him losing it.

I knew he was out of his mind but this added something to my understanding. To actually watch the President of the United States be so mentally and emotionally weak that he cannot control himself or be told "no" by the debate monitor was chilling (along with the rest of his freak show last night and every day). It made me donate a bunch of money to the DNC and Senate candidates as well as the Lincoln Project. I'm already maxed out on Biden's campaign.

Fuckface has to go.

by Anonymousreply 462September 30, 2020 11:27 PM

The audience is way down from previous debates

by Anonymousreply 463September 30, 2020 11:37 PM

Realize that no one is now talking about his taxes or his loans! There's real dirt in the loans but has everyone moved on already?

by Anonymousreply 464September 30, 2020 11:39 PM

The only first debates to surpass its ratings during the period 1976-2020 are:

1) Clinton/Trump

2) Carter/Reagan

by Anonymousreply 465September 30, 2020 11:41 PM

We here on DL, were, r459.

by Anonymousreply 466September 30, 2020 11:44 PM

[quote]Realize that no one is now talking about his taxes or his loans! There's real dirt in the loans but has everyone moved on already?

We prefer not to talk right now...

by Anonymousreply 467September 30, 2020 11:45 PM

I'm still concerned about all the closet Trump voters who SAY they aren't voting for him but secretly will just to avoid confrontation and ridicule.

by Anonymousreply 468October 1, 2020 12:16 AM

[quote]The audience is way down from previous debates

The audience was massive. But so many people, especially younger, get the highlights from Twitter. It was huge on Twitter last night among every age group. I've suffered from political anxiety since 2016, so I can't sit and watch the debate and rely upon highlights.

by Anonymousreply 469October 1, 2020 12:29 AM

There's no such thing anymore, r468, haven't you noticed?

The trump voter retards are out and proud! They are letting their freak flags fly and their treason flags too. He doesn't have some secret, frightened stash of voters.

He can't keep women voters - whether they went to college or not.

He can't keep seniors - his Covid failures, attacks on Social Security and Medicare have cooked his goose.

We're going to wipe him out on Nov 3 and if he and his cheap thug of a sugar vladdy try to cheat, we'll destroy them both.

by Anonymousreply 470October 1, 2020 12:34 AM

I have r468 on ignore and I suspect they are a concern troll.

by Anonymousreply 471October 1, 2020 12:35 AM

Please, silent Trump voter = Putin's hackers who will mess with the in person voting results. Hence, why mail-in ballot voting is so much encouraged this election.

by Anonymousreply 472October 1, 2020 12:38 AM

WHO ARE YOU SCREAMING AT R191? Sheesh...

by Anonymousreply 473October 1, 2020 12:40 AM

How was I yelling, shit-for-brains?

by Anonymousreply 474October 1, 2020 12:50 AM

R442 I think there's a lot of truth there. The only age demographic where Trump is leading is the 40-60 cohort... specifically white males in this segment. Beavis and Butthead, South Park, Howard Stern, Fast Times at Ridgemont High - Xgen/slackers/rude/sarcastic.... privileged, entitled, and pissed off they didn't get what they think is their right.

by Anonymousreply 475October 1, 2020 1:01 AM

[quote] If Joe Biden had had half his brain removed and replaced with Twizzlers he'd still be a more capable leader of the free world than Dark Triad Trumpy.

The bar was set so incredibly low for Biden that it really did not matter how Trump performed. Even is Trump did a spectacular job, Biden was going to be declared the winner no matter what. The moderator was terrible. We really need someone under 70 up there.

by Anonymousreply 476October 1, 2020 1:17 AM

r476 is delusional. It mattered how Donald performed - it mattered a great deal. It also mattered how VP Biden performed and he did a fine job dealing with that fucking shit show of a decompensating madness on display from Donald the Idiot. He couldn't control himself. The so-called President of the United States could not control himself on a debate stage, on national television, before the whole nation and the world.

Yes, he was rehearsed and it was all staged. There were also times when we could see on his face that he could not control himself. It was frightening, probably the most frightening thing I've ever seen in a POTUS and I'm no spring chicken.

Dumbest, most childish, least capable man I've ever seen in the job. He's a nasty fucking freak.

by Anonymousreply 477October 1, 2020 1:42 AM

It's shocking to me that this is all considered normal enough to not put an end to it!

by Anonymousreply 478October 1, 2020 1:45 AM

It's shocking to me that this is all considered normal enough to not put an end to it!

by Anonymousreply 479October 1, 2020 1:45 AM

I keep fantasizing that I get a CNN alert on my phone that the 25th amendment has been invoked and Dump has been removed from office. Then we see Pence addressing the country, shaking voice, telling everyone “I’m in charge at the White House now.”

by Anonymousreply 480October 1, 2020 2:00 AM

Pence could have done that years ago r480, but he's too much of a pussy to do it.

by Anonymousreply 481October 1, 2020 2:05 AM

The real debate where you bring your popcorn will be the Kamala/Pence debate, He is just absolute red meat for a pit bull. I just think this will deliver what everyone is hoping for.

by Anonymousreply 482October 1, 2020 2:12 AM

NYT has said that they have several more articles on Trump's finances so that will come back to life again soon soon R464

And why would someone be embarrassed to tell a random pollster that they were voting for Trump?

I assume people like that may exist, but do you really think they account for more than 1% of the vote?

As I had noted upthread, the one thing that still sticks out for me is the anger and nastiness. It was like watching a drunk abusing his wife and kids, that level of raw anger and nastiness.

And I do believe, especially talking to people and reading comments, that he lost a small percentage of his voters over that, people who support his agenda in general but are so horrified by Trump's behavior that they are going to vote for Biden this time.

by Anonymousreply 483October 1, 2020 2:13 AM

[quote] Even is[sic] Trump did a spectacular job,

God, STFU. Even as a hypothetical, this is laughable. Why do people like you pretend Trump isn't a toxic pile of shit in general? Why do you still normalize him even when you think you are not? His campaign was disgusting beyond belief. His presidency is disgusting beyond belief. His entire being is disgusting beyond belief. Even if by comparison, he made Lincoln-Douglass look like the shit-show that happened last night, it does not change the fact that Trump's presidency and everything he has done in his personal and professional life was, is and always will be a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 484October 1, 2020 2:13 AM

Thanks r470 I needed your emphatic reality check tonight.

by Anonymousreply 485October 1, 2020 2:14 AM

Douglas*

by Anonymousreply 486October 1, 2020 2:14 AM

Great new MeidasTouch ad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487October 1, 2020 2:22 AM

I think why I am not repulsed by Trump and I being totally honest is because there is usually so much more to the story than the headline. People react off headlines without reading the whole article. Yes, I am still one of those on the fencers b/c we are in bad shape and I am not impressed with Biden. I'm in beyond blue California, but I do absolutely think and know there are people who are just smiling and saying what needs to be said. That's part of the problem. We have lost the right to have an opinion. I have listen to both sides and a lot of Trump supporters have reasonable reasons for his reelection. I don't love him or Biden. I might seriously just not vote b/c I won't matter. I don't have to vote for someone who doesn't seem up for the job like Biden and I don't have to lie or have it on my conscious that I voted for Trump. I am glad I am not in a swing state.

by Anonymousreply 488October 1, 2020 2:27 AM

The Economist, 538, and PredictIt all have Biden way up. Not just wishful thinking, it seems he lost support last night. Even his own staff (off the record) admit it was an unmitigated disaster.

I don't think Biden should debate him again, do town halls instead. As one viewer said "you can't win an argument with a crackhead.:

by Anonymousreply 489October 1, 2020 2:29 AM

[quote]I have listen to both sides and a lot of Trump supporters have reasonable reasons for his reelection.

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 490October 1, 2020 2:31 AM

Given Trump's assault on gays, including Justice-to-be Barrett, and you can't decide who to vote for... check into the nearest mental hospital.

by Anonymousreply 491October 1, 2020 2:32 AM

R489, today’s polls don’t reflect the response to the debate. At best, they reflect voter preference over the weekend to about Monday. We won’t know the debate affected Voter preference until this weekend or early next week.

by Anonymousreply 492October 1, 2020 2:33 AM

I'm sorry but what is Biden's plan. Seriously. I watched the debates and I really wanted to hear what he was planning on doing with Covid, law and order, the economy. Yes, he spoke to the public, but to me it felt like he was just pleading to the public to vote. When he looked directly into the camera, why could he just lay out his platform. I do not feel like we have a plan from Biden/Harris.

by Anonymousreply 493October 1, 2020 2:35 AM

If voting for Biden in this election doesn't give you some amount of sanity back, you can't be helped.

by Anonymousreply 494October 1, 2020 2:36 AM

Read Tim Alberta's piece in Politico-- it expresses, much better than I did, the way that Trump seemed like a different person last night, like an angry cornered animal.

An excerpt:

[quote] In reality, the candidate we saw Tuesday night—the worn, restless, curmudgeonly incumbent of 2020—bore little resemblance to the loose, rollicking, self-assured candidate of 2016. It might be hard to remember through the fog of these past four years, but the animating sentiment for Trump during his first run for the presidency wasn’t hatred or division. It was fun. He was having the time of his life. Nothing Trump had ever experienced had showered him with so much attention, so much adulation, so much controversy and coverage. He loved every moment of it. Even in the valleys of that campaign, such as Access Hollywood weekend, Trump found humor in razzing Rudy Giuliani or making jokes about Karen Pence. Even when he was lashing out against Clinton or the media or the Never Trump Republicans, he was enjoying himself.

[quote] The president wasn’t enjoying himself last night. There was no mischievous glint in his eye, no mirthful vibrancy in his demeanor. He looked exhausted. He sounded ornery. Gone was the swagger, the detached smirk, that reflected bottomless wells of confidence and conviction. Though described by Tucker Carlson in Fox News’ pregame show as an “instinctive predator,” Trump behaved like cornered prey—fearful, desperate, trapped by his own shortcomings and the circumstances that exposed them. He was a shell of his former dominant self.

[quote] It was shocking to witness. Whereas Trump four years ago was unemotional in his approach to Clinton, placid almost to the point of appearing sedated, he was twitchy and agitated from the opening moments of Tuesday’s debate. The president shouted and seethed and flailed his arms in fury, his face pulsating ever brighter hues of citrus. For all the talk of Trump throwing Biden off his game, it was Biden—and moderator Chris Wallace—who stirred such conniptions in the president that he was unable to meet the bare minimums. Despite being prepared for the obvious questions, Trump was so inflamed that he could not offer the vague outlines of a health care plan or denounce white supremacists with more than a single word—“Sure”—when gifted multiple opportunities to do so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495October 1, 2020 2:39 AM

[quote]I do not feel like we have a plan from Biden/Harris.

As opposed to all the brilliant plans Trump has outlined for the next four years? What the hell is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 496October 1, 2020 2:39 AM

I don't rely on the President to give me sanity. I hope for the best and wish whoever the winner is the best of luck, but I think both sides are corrupt and the whole system needs a complete overhaul. I don't know what that looks like, but I think most people can agree that what we have now, no matter which side you are on, is simply not working.

by Anonymousreply 497October 1, 2020 2:39 AM

what r496 said.

r493- what a maroon ( yes that spelling is deliberate)

by Anonymousreply 498October 1, 2020 2:41 AM

Good god, troll at R493. How did you expect Biden to put forth his plans when every time he tried to answer a question, the syphilitic baboon on stage next to him started flinging his shit all over everything?

by Anonymousreply 499October 1, 2020 2:42 AM

[quote] but what is Biden's plan. Seriously. I watched the debates and I really wanted to hear what he was planning on doing with Covid, law and order, the economy.

You can’t be serious. Joe could barely get out his name without tRump constantly interrupting him and mocking whatever he had to say.

Plus, the format hardly lends itself to detailed exposition of intricate plans. He had two minutes to answer the questions. If you are serious about looking into his plans, look at his website.

by Anonymousreply 500October 1, 2020 2:43 AM

Ne repond pas aux trolls, SVP

by Anonymousreply 501October 1, 2020 2:43 AM

[quote]I think why I am not repulsed by Trump and I being totally honest is because there is usually so much more to the story than the headline.

Headline? Oh, so him being a birther who claimed he had sent investigators to HI was a headline? Him insulting soldiers "who get captured" and gold star families was a headline? His obvious racism and bigotry are headlines? His violation of the Hatch Act is a headline? His lies are all a headline? His corrupt business practices are a headline?

The reason you are not repulsed by him is because you lack the decency required to see how repulsive he has been throughout his life. And you also have no empathy for those on the receiving end of the hate, the greed, the death threats and the outright murder of people due to the scum that is Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 502October 1, 2020 2:44 AM

I think Trump is an angry and concerned animal. He should be. We are in the middle of a pandemic and the economy is hanging by a thread. This isn't 2016, where it was silly barbs and bon mots between Hillary and Trump. Biden also does not have Hillary's debate skills. That's the thing, YMF, a differing opinion = troll. I don't see why people can't have discussions, look at strengths and weaknesses between the two. It's a political echo chamber, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 503October 1, 2020 2:46 AM

[quote]I'm sorry but what is Biden's plan. Seriously. I watched the debates and I really wanted to hear what he was planning on doing with Covid, law and order, the economy.

Yeah, why didn't he get into those things. It's almost as if there were some bloviating pile of shit who wouldn't STFU so Biden could actually tell you about his policies.

Now I see who the Trump voter is. I'm sorry, but you people truly are genuinely stupid. And I'm sure my saying that is why "Trump will win" because that's all you geniuses ever say. You hate to be called out for being genuinely dumb. We're supposed to pat you on the head and pretend you don't sound stupid.

by Anonymousreply 504October 1, 2020 2:48 AM

Well, duh. How do you think Deplorables can argue that Trump is the better choice? Biden has no plan, he's old, he's sick, the whole family is trash ...

They don't just poject. They throw the pojector at you.

by Anonymousreply 505October 1, 2020 2:51 AM

Fair enough R504. I'm not one of those "this is why Trump will win" or "I'm a die hard democrat" people. I'm pretty sincere in what I'm thinking. I volunteered for Pete. Biden should not have gotten this nomination. He did not earn it. I do not like Bernie, but Bernie earned this more than Biden did and Pete was made to drop out when he was a top 3 candidate. We did not even get the chance to see how he would perform in SC, though he earned a spot there. Ridiculous. The Democratic party is also feeding into systemic racism, just in a different way. It's patronizing to POC. It's really pick your poison between the 2. Also, if Joe wins, that's fine too. I'm open to seeing what he does as well. Not everything is black and white.

by Anonymousreply 506October 1, 2020 2:56 AM

[quote]I do not feel like we have a plan from Biden/Harris.

You feel wrong!

One of Joe's top advisors is Ron Klain, Obama's Ebola czar. Joe Biden right from the beginning said that Dump missed a very critical 3 week window early on suppressing the spread of coronavirus.

Dump's plan was doing nothing and hoping it would go away. Now 200 thousand people are dead!

You are an idiot R493!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507October 1, 2020 2:57 AM

R506, Pete is the one who doesn't have the right to the presidency. Jesus, even Obama got shit for not having enough experience and you think Pete with a little mor e than half the years Obama had in elected office would go over well with most of this country? He and Stacy Abrams were ridiculous in their attempts to seek either one of the highest offices. And odn't point to Trump. The GOP has NO standards - clearly.

I absolutely think Pete will be in Biden's cabinet - that is a given. he's a brilliant guy, but he just needs a heftier political CV.

by Anonymousreply 508October 1, 2020 3:00 AM

don't*

by Anonymousreply 509October 1, 2020 3:01 AM

R488 you need do your patriotic duty to honor the Republic and its history. You really should not vote.

Plan? Plan? Biden is old school - he actually believes the Party Platform means something. And has faith that actually writing something and sharing it matters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510October 1, 2020 3:03 AM

Right, people said Obama didn't earn his spot and he was a wonderful and beloved president. Hillary was a legacy and Biden is "eh, at least it's not Trump".

by Anonymousreply 511October 1, 2020 3:06 AM

LOL, Trump thinks he killed it last night. God, how lost must you be to think this guy has any business being anywhere but an asylum?

by Anonymousreply 512October 1, 2020 3:09 AM

My mom told me she isn't sure Biden will make it through four years. If that's true, and I'm neither predicting that nor hoping just theorizing, I could see POC female Harris angling for gay white Pete as new Veep for about as diverse as things get!

by Anonymousreply 513October 1, 2020 3:11 AM

I'm not going to call anyone a troll or Boris or any of that, but why do some of you keep engaging with people who are clearly living in some alternate universe? Trump keeps showing and telling them who he is over and over again and they refuse to believe it or see it. So why waste your precious energy trying to save them from themselves? It makes me a little sad that we have gay men who support him, but these people are lost to us. It's time to cut them loose.

by Anonymousreply 514October 1, 2020 3:15 AM

Agreed, R514. I keep doing it even as I will occasionally put them on ignore. I think I'm just done altogether with these people. They're embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 515October 1, 2020 3:18 AM

If people are truly and genuinely truly interested in knowing what a candidate's plans are all they have to do is go to their website to find them. Because, really, they're all their for everyone to peruse and dissect.

by Anonymousreply 516October 1, 2020 3:35 AM

There is no "reasonable case" to be made for Donald, r487, None whatsoever.

If you can sit here on a GAY website for GAY people and not be able to see why Donald fucking Trump and Mike fucking Pence have no place here and are justly hated - then you need to stop fucking sitting here.

Die in a grease fire, you lickspittle on the floor underneath a diseased and stupid dog like Donald.

Now be gone, before somebody drops a house on you too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517October 1, 2020 3:36 AM

It's likely debate watching numbers were down because millions of Americans cannot stand listening to or watching trump. I mute the TV or change the channel when he appears.

I taped the debate and figured I'd read the comments here before deciding to watch or not. The comments in these threads were awesome, it gave me an insightful picture of what was happening.

In the end I decided not to watch because I hate trump so much. Today I deleted the recording. Can't wait for the trump shit show to end.

by Anonymousreply 518October 1, 2020 3:38 AM

R518, I wish I did what you did. You would've been pulling your hair out within minutes. Trump wouldn't STFU from the get-go. Every normal person at home was probably screaming for him to just STFU. He wouldn't stop. It was a mess because of him.

by Anonymousreply 519October 1, 2020 3:40 AM

I think the thing that struck me was the rage. When Trump started in with the whole "stupid" thing, it was chilling. That was not a rational critique anymore. That was Drunk Dad, home and reaching for the belt.

Possibly that's a turn-on for his base, but for anyone else it is either upsetting or at least off-putting.

I also thought Trump's hostility to Wallace was unprecedented - actually shocking in context. He sounded like the nasty guy in the bar who is looking for a fight and just won't leave until he gets one.

I don't think any moderator working with the approved game plan could have done anything better. What are you supposed to do if you can't turn off the mic? Throttle the cunt? Wallace looked like he was already on the edge of shouting: "Shut the fuck up, you piece of shit!" But that would not have made matters any better.

by Anonymousreply 520October 1, 2020 3:55 AM

[quote]It's really pick your poison between the 2.

No, it is not. One of these things is clearly not like the other, and that was especially made clear last night.

[quote] Not everything is black and white.

Well this election is. Take you Trump apologies elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 521October 1, 2020 4:11 AM

R356, Recall that there was no Republican Party Platform at the 2020 Convention.

THERE ARE NO POLICIES.

by Anonymousreply 522October 1, 2020 7:29 AM

This election IS black and white.

Vote for the racist, homophobic, sexist, ignorant, fascist, treasonous thug or vote for the decent, normal person who has spent his life in public service for this country. It's not fucking rocket science.

Trump should really die in a grease fire that spontaneously combusts in his body full of Kentucky Fried Chicken and McDonalds grease.

by Anonymousreply 523October 1, 2020 7:30 AM

R362, Biden made no "big mistake." Jeez Louise.

by Anonymousreply 524October 1, 2020 7:32 AM

Trump does not care about americans dying of covid. All he cares about is attacking obama, biden and hilliary. He can do that in retirement.

Why didn't the McConnell and republicans impeach this psycho? Vote ALL this crop of Republicans out of office for this.

Registered Republicans we need you to vote for Joe Biden. We need you. Americans Unite!

by Anonymousreply 525October 1, 2020 8:19 AM

R483, And just what is Trump's "agenda"?

Offering a new healthcare plan "in two weeks"?

Building a border wall that "Mexico will pay for"?

Not importing from China?

Making NATO countries "pay more"?

Caging more children?

Employing more unidentified goons in unidentifiable vehicles to kidnap protesters off the streets and take them to undisclosed locations?

Insisting the hoax Covid-19 will just "disappear, like a miracle"?

Dropping the Payroll Tax in order to de-fund Social Security and Medicare?

Opening national lands to fossil-fuel exploration?

THAT agenda??

by Anonymousreply 526October 1, 2020 8:31 AM

R525, Trump was and will always remain impeached. The House of Representatives is the body that impeaches.

What the Senate and McConnell were to have done was to hold the subsequent trial to either acquit or convict. They couldn't be bothered.

by Anonymousreply 527October 1, 2020 8:34 AM

I keep fantasizing that I get a CNN alert on my phone that the 25th amendment has been invoked and Dump has been removed from office. Then we see Pence addressing the country, shaking voice, telling everyone “I’m in charge at the White House now.”

God me too!! But then I realize this is fantasy - no different than the fantasy that I'll look at my window & Brad Pitt will be mowing my yard - because the repigs will never stand up to Dump, no matter how horrifying & damaging his behavior is.

by Anonymousreply 528October 1, 2020 9:05 AM

Trump will use any dirty trick in the book to keep himself out of having to show up in court for his crimes. The guy doesn't want to be president, he wants to the use the position as shield to keep prosecution away for a little bit longer. This is not what the presidency was made for. Even with Biden winning McConnell and Barr deserve the most severe punishment the legal and vigilante system have to offer.

by Anonymousreply 529October 1, 2020 9:47 AM

R529 is right, though considering what he's putting the country through to achieve this end, do you think it would be worthwhile for NYC to cut a deal with him, pardoning him for some (but not all) crimes, but with certain conditions, like his kids will do jail time

by Anonymousreply 530October 1, 2020 11:10 AM

When Trump loses, there will be armed violence in the streets by the Proud Boys. He will signal them to riot against the "fraud" that has been perpetrated against him. So, don't go celebrating in the streets. It will go to the courts- that's for sure. He wants to delay leaving as long as possible and will hope to prolong the decision as long as possible.

by Anonymousreply 531October 1, 2020 12:07 PM

Robert Hubbell, who writes a great newsletter if you don't get it, noted that "Trump’s debate performance resembled that of an abusive spouse in a domestic violence incident."

So it seems many other people are also framing it that way, versus the media's downplaying it as "rambunctious" or "interrupted a lot"

It was far worse than that and we're seeing a goodly number of former Republican officials announcing that the debate was the last straw for them and that they are voting for Biden.

I can only suspect that less prominent Republican voters are doing the same.

by Anonymousreply 532October 1, 2020 12:08 PM

FFS R531, do not fall for the con.

There are a couple hundred Proud Boys, maybe a few thousand at most.

And they're spread out across all 50 states, so a couple of dozen at most in any major city, 4 or 5 in smaller cities and towns

Not enough to create chaos

by Anonymousreply 533October 1, 2020 12:10 PM

[quote]"Trump’s debate performance resembled that of an abusive spouse in a domestic violence incident."

"Who's Afraid Of Donald Trump."

All of us, to an extent. Vile aggression was matched only by shamelessness. It's not unreasonable to fear such confident madness. Which can only worsen as the noose tightens.

by Anonymousreply 534October 1, 2020 12:25 PM

NYT: Trump "was elated about the debate and saw it as a successful outing for him, according to three people close to the campaign. Some of Mr. Trump’s advisers, who shy away from giving him bad news, made no attempt to disabuse [him] of that assessment."

by Anonymousreply 535October 1, 2020 12:35 PM

The debate to me: Trump: I am for what you against, proceed to insult you. Biden: I am for what you against proceed to insult you. Everyone: Where is the plan to help us? :(

by Anonymousreply 536October 1, 2020 12:42 PM

I live in rural Oregon, where the "Proud Boys" are. They have nothing to be proud about, judging from what I've seen over bar urnials, pre-Covid. Guns, a truck they own the payments of, and anger.

There aren't a lot of them; there are far more Gays with Guns, methinks. A floatilla of queens with pearl handled revolvers could take them down. Propaganda is easy, let's scare them back with threats from the Glamor Army!

by Anonymousreply 537October 1, 2020 12:57 PM

R535, when his numbers come back next week even worse, I want to be a fly in the room.

by Anonymousreply 538October 1, 2020 1:00 PM

R536, did you actually watch the debate? Biden on numerous times told/attempted to tell his policy views; the orangutan in the room just kept throwing shit at him to distract him. Do yourself a favor and watch a replay.

by Anonymousreply 539October 1, 2020 1:02 PM

Trump has no interest in debating, since he hates to be challenged and is not concerned with anyone but himself. Does anyone think he could articulate a plan or a vision? The only thing he could do is attack and bully. What makes anyone think that he will do anything differently the next two. The only question is if he will try to meander behind Biden at the Town Hall as he did with Hillary. Of course he will.

by Anonymousreply 540October 1, 2020 1:10 PM

[quote] NYT: Trump "was elated about the debate and saw it as a successful outing for him.

Good, I hope he pulls the same stupid shit at the next two debates and that finally nails the lid on his coffin once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 541October 1, 2020 1:24 PM

To keep him from meandering at the town hall, the facility needs to build a ramp to his podium. A ramp or steps with no handrail. That will keep him in place.

by Anonymousreply 542October 1, 2020 1:45 PM

r444 did you even read the article? it was 73.1 million + (and these weren't counted) live-streamed the debate on their phones, listened on the radio, and watched in other ways, which means the total audience easily surpassed 73 million. AND this was only for the US.

by Anonymousreply 543October 1, 2020 3:17 PM

I believe Trump was trying to rattle Biden so that his stuttering would start and he would look like he had dementia. but it didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 544October 1, 2020 3:23 PM

I hope people realize that Trump purposedly acted like a huge buffoon because he can't run on any policies--the economy is in a shambles; covid is out of control; he has no health care plan, etc etc etc,

He has NO plan for a next term so he just shouts and attacks to distract us

by Anonymousreply 545October 1, 2020 3:27 PM

'Who Won The Debate?'

Morning Consult: Biden: 50% Trump: 34%

Data For Progress: Biden: 52% Trump: 39%

CNN/PBS: Biden: 60% Trump: 28%

CBS/YouGov: Biden: 48% Trump: 41%

by Anonymousreply 546October 1, 2020 3:31 PM

Going to keep harping on this: remember the narrative is that Trump was an abusive spouse. Not a petulant toddler.

We need to reinforce the awfulness of what he did and said on Tuesday.

Call out any friends or journalists who try and downplay his behavior.

by Anonymousreply 547October 1, 2020 3:49 PM

[quote]Not enough to create chaos

Not to mention that they're more talk than action and suffering from a severe spinal deficiency.

by Anonymousreply 548October 1, 2020 3:49 PM

R533 They interrupted a protest in Portland, and two people were shot. A couple months ago a Proud Boy killed a cop in Oakland, and then killed a cop in Santa Cruz.

Timothy McVeigh was one person.....

by Anonymousreply 549October 1, 2020 4:03 PM

R545 not to mention he is trying to undo ACA

by Anonymousreply 550October 1, 2020 4:08 PM

"HOLY SHIT -- after the debate, Joe Biden's campaign raised $31.5 million IN JUST ONE DAY."

Democratic enthusiasm is off the charts. The Blue Tsunami that's coming in November will be epic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551October 1, 2020 4:22 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if, without meddling and intrusion by the GOP and Russia, Biden and the Democratic Party get 80% of the votes.

by Anonymousreply 552October 1, 2020 4:25 PM

[quote]Joe Biden's campaign raised $31.5 million IN JUST ONE DAY.

Amusing to think how Trump and his crew will make this fit their delusion of debate success. At least they'll waste energy and paltry brain cells on the corkscrew logic of denial.

by Anonymousreply 553October 1, 2020 4:52 PM

Trump says he made insulin as cheap as water. Unfortunately, he only helped reduced the price of insulin for a small group of people on Medicare--not everyone,

He made insulin as cheap as Flint water

by Anonymousreply 554October 1, 2020 4:56 PM

He can't do the meandering & shadowing that he did to Hillary because of the Covid restrictions. Notice that they didn't even have them shake hands last time.

by Anonymousreply 555October 1, 2020 5:07 PM

R533, I know I'm going to get accused of being a concern troll and you can look at my posting history because i am not, but don't underestimate the danger of those proud douchebags or anyone with the same mindset. Don't make the same mistake as we did when we thought Trump could never win.

I actually thought the same as you that they aren't a real threat, but I know someone (yes, I know that's enough to dismiss me) whose work involves closely following things like the PB and the pandemic and global threats. He said don't think they aren't a real threat to this country. We need to stay vigilante because they are evil and have been emboldened by their Neo-Nazi leader.

by Anonymousreply 556October 1, 2020 5:34 PM

vigilant*

by Anonymousreply 557October 1, 2020 5:35 PM

Focus Group

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558October 1, 2020 5:54 PM

OT - Just going by DT's vicious performance on Tues night, wondering how WH staff's overall mental health is lately (not that anyone really cares). DT is off his nut on good days, hate to think what he's like now with looming election disaster. Wouldn't want to be around that crowd.

by Anonymousreply 559October 1, 2020 5:55 PM

Clearly Trump's fans are capable of violence and his rhetoric encourages them. On the other hand, thousands of Americans are killed every year by angry entitled little pricks with AR-15s, so why should we be any more afraid of them now than we were before? How many of you have had mass shooter training? You know what to do if you hear shots--head for the nearest exit and keep going until you're safely out of range.

by Anonymousreply 560October 1, 2020 6:05 PM

[quote]And why would someone be embarrassed to tell a random pollster that they were voting for Trump? I assume people like that may exist, but do you really think they account for more than 1% of the vote?

It's all they have left. Trump is clearly losing, so they're trying to pretend that there is this silent majority, this hidden groundswell of voters that will turn out in massive numbers for him.

And yes, it doesn't make any sense but what else do they have?

by Anonymousreply 561October 1, 2020 6:09 PM

[quote]but don't underestimate the danger of those proud douchebags or anyone with the same mindset.

I'm sure that there will be localized protests, outbreaks, possibly shooting or even terrorist incidents, but not to the extent that the election outcome will be affected. I'm a bit more worried about what would happen after a President Biden takes office, as they go underground, nourish their conspiracy theories, and work each other into a fever pitch of paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 562October 1, 2020 6:16 PM

[quote]Just going by DT's vicious performance on Tues night, wondering how WH staff's overall mental health is lately (not that anyone really cares).

Several reporters have said that their WH sources say that debate performance is pretty much what Trump is like all the time. I have no idea why folks around him put up with it.

by Anonymousreply 563October 1, 2020 8:13 PM

If it helps, there really are no shy TDump voters. If there were, you would see the difference in polls between the ones done by a live person as opposed to a computer poll... and there isn't.

by Anonymousreply 564October 1, 2020 8:33 PM

Trump tweets in response to the Presidential Debate Commission announcing it is considering format changes:

"Why would I allow the Debate Commission to change the rules for the second and third Debates when I easily won last time?"

by Anonymousreply 565October 1, 2020 8:56 PM

R565, the kingly delusions: "Why would I ALLOW the Debate Commission to change the rules . . ." Off with their heads!!

by Anonymousreply 566October 1, 2020 9:01 PM

He is preparing to get out of them

Which would be the best thing for Biden

by Anonymousreply 567October 1, 2020 9:14 PM

[quote]Several reporters have said that their WH sources say that debate performance is pretty much what Trump is like all the time. I have no idea why folks around him put up with it.

Yesterday on msnbc, Olivia Troye (Pence aid who left), openly confirmed that's how he behaves daily in the WH.

by Anonymousreply 568October 1, 2020 9:16 PM

If Dump bails, the debates should go on. Joe can share his ideas in peace. Joe should accept every modification and tell everyone he’ll be there.

by Anonymousreply 569October 1, 2020 9:21 PM

He found a couple of Black Trumpists to retweet today. Like half a dozen RTs from each one

Any idea who David J Harris Jr, Dr. Darrell Scott or Gregg Jarrett are?

I mean other than ways to con his base into claiming he's not really a racist, it's only the MSM that makes him one?

by Anonymousreply 570October 1, 2020 9:43 PM

He also tweeted that "I won the debate big, based on compilation of polls etc. Thank you!"

There are no polls whatsoever that show him winning except a Twitter poll which is obviously not scientific nor did it pretend to be

by Anonymousreply 571October 1, 2020 9:46 PM

Let that obese pig pull out of the next debate, which is a town hall. Biden should then appear alone and answer questions for an hour and a half. Dump will come running back for the third debate.

by Anonymousreply 572October 1, 2020 10:14 PM

Let that obese pig pull out of the next debate, which is a town hall. Biden should then appear alone and answer questions for an hour and a half. Dump will come running back for the third debate.

by Anonymousreply 573October 1, 2020 10:14 PM

R572, if the next one is a Town Hall, then let him come and start screaming and interrupting voters instead of Biden. That’s going to make him look even worse. He will probably attack the women and say they’re stupid, and tell the blacks he loves the Proud Boys and refuses to criticize them.

by Anonymousreply 574October 1, 2020 10:34 PM

DLers: Any idea who David J Harris Jr, Dr. Darrell Scott or Gregg Jarrett are?

by Anonymousreply 575October 1, 2020 10:37 PM

[quote]Any idea who David J Harris Jr, Dr. Darrell Scott or Gregg Jarrett are?

Blithering idiots, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 576October 1, 2020 10:43 PM

[quote]There are no polls whatsoever that show him winning except a Twitter poll which is obviously not scientific nor did it pretend to be

He means the people who live by the river who saw the discarded ballots. They all thought he won the debate..."easily"

by Anonymousreply 577October 1, 2020 10:55 PM

[quote]There are no polls whatsoever that show him winning except a Twitter poll which is obviously not scientific nor did it pretend to be

White House Correspondent Hunter Walker: Trump campaign adviser @JasonMillerinDC is now rattling off online debate polls Trump won including "the New Jersey dot com poll" and the "KISS FM Phoenix online survey."

by Anonymousreply 578October 1, 2020 11:05 PM

R355, I think Trump was a bit disarmed during the 2016 debates by how civil Hillary was. I think he arrived expecting a fight, and when she didn't give it to him he wasn't sure how to respond.

by Anonymousreply 579October 1, 2020 11:05 PM

Now he’s learned how to respond. Rant and rave like a maniac no matter what the other person is doing.

by Anonymousreply 580October 1, 2020 11:07 PM

If anything there are shy Biden voters. Who wants to be bullied by a redneck carrying a gun?

by Anonymousreply 581October 1, 2020 11:11 PM

Gregg Jarrett is a Fox news commentator.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582October 1, 2020 11:11 PM

Gregg Jarrett...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583October 1, 2020 11:13 PM

David J. Harris is a black conservative and "personality" (i.e., "influencer") with a YouTube show. He's got his own website but I'm not going to bother to link to it since he's certifiably nuts. I'll link instead to a lame wikipedia-like celebrity profile of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584October 1, 2020 11:15 PM

That's awesome R578

by Anonymousreply 585October 1, 2020 11:15 PM

[quote]White House Correspondent Hunter Walker: Trump campaign adviser @JasonMillerinDC is now rattling off online debate polls Trump won including "the New Jersey dot com poll" and the "KISS FM Phoenix online survey."

How in the hell did this stupid, ugly, fat thumb of a shithead get so many women to fuck him?

by Anonymousreply 586October 1, 2020 11:15 PM

Dr. Darrell Scott is a "Senior Pastor & Co Founder" of NSRC Ministries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587October 1, 2020 11:16 PM

R568, I don't believe her. I actually think he acts far worse and says things that the cowards around him won't dare say out loud because it's even more disgusting than what he already says. He's fucking vile and his supporters even more so.

by Anonymousreply 588October 1, 2020 11:22 PM

Splitting hairs R588

Because his rants Tuesday were of the "you burned the fucking dinner again you stupid fucking fat ugly cunt. I don't know why I put up with a fat ugly cunt like you! Now say you're sorry!!! And lick the burned crap off the pan!!" variety

by Anonymousreply 589October 1, 2020 11:30 PM

And more bad news for Trump

Two of his well known supporters arrested for fraudulent robocalls targeting Black voters in Detroit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590October 1, 2020 11:41 PM

Is it that those two are so arrogant they think they'd never be prosecuted because they'd already gotten away with being lying sacks of shit?

by Anonymousreply 591October 1, 2020 11:43 PM

R571, His mental defects allow for no, zero, recognition of failure.

He "won" the debate, and "big. " He gave himself an "A+" on dealing with Covid-19. He "takes no responsibility" for things going South.

Trump knows more, does more, is best at, achieved more, deserves more.....any subject, any event.. .and he always piles on: than Lincoln; than any other President; Inaugural crowd; for Blacks; Nobel Peace Prize; Mount Rushmore; etc.

He will never, ever express any regret, doubt, remorse; he will never, ever acknowledge a mistake, a bad decision, a blunder.

Trump "won" the debate because his narcissism can allow no alternative.

It is, in fact, why he will claim victory on November 3, and plans to threaten and bully the DOJ and SCOTUS into agreeing with his psychopathy.

But they will not join Trump's collapsing delusional world. As we speak, Republicans other than Barr, McConnell, Graham, and Cotton are preparing for a Biden Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 592October 2, 2020 12:14 AM

Problem with the NJ. Com poll being touted is that according to recent polling he's losing there by double digits.

by Anonymousreply 593October 2, 2020 12:30 AM

[quote]* Trump was angry and cruel in a way we've never seen before.

You don't say....

by Anonymousreply 594October 2, 2020 1:56 AM

So one of the WH whores has the ‘rona.

by Anonymousreply 595October 2, 2020 2:14 AM

[quote]The moderator was terrible. We really need someone under 70 up there.

50/50 odds you're a Bernie voter.

by Anonymousreply 596October 2, 2020 2:53 AM

[quote] I have listen to both sides and a lot of Trump supporters have reasonable reasons for his reelection. I don't love him or Biden.

You're a savage idiot, and a disgraceful asshole with shit for brains. Listen to that side!

by Anonymousreply 597October 2, 2020 2:59 AM

[quote]I have listen to both sides and a lot of Trump supporters have reasonable reasons for his reelection.

You need to work on your English, Boris, if you expect to make any rubles from the troll farm.

by Anonymousreply 598October 2, 2020 3:01 AM

[quote]Biden should not have gotten this nomination. He did not earn it. I do not like Bernie, but Bernie earned this more than Biden did...

So much mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 599October 2, 2020 3:06 AM

Boris @ r599, Bernie earned 1/3 of Democrats, Biden earned 2/3 od Democrats.

Go back to Olga inn HR and tell her you need maths training.

by Anonymousreply 600October 2, 2020 3:10 AM

Bernie lost the primary; he didn't earn anything.

by Anonymousreply 601October 2, 2020 3:33 AM

Hope Hicks diagnosed positive for Covid after traveling with Trump all week on Air Force One and Marine One, no masks in sight.

Doofus and Melanoma quarantining for two weeks. Is the debate off then?

by Anonymousreply 602October 2, 2020 3:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!