Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

National Ammunition Shortage

Did we know that there is a National Ammunition Shortage?

Now if this had happened during President Obama's administration the right wing would be full of conspiracy theories but during the Trump administration barely a whimper.

It does make me wonder though, could the right wing be planning a take over if Trump doesn't win. We know the right wing has plenty of ammunition stored up. A shortage would only hurt new gun owners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2020 12:31 PM

Yeah, they are. There are literal calls to arm on Facebook. They want a civil war.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2020 8:01 PM

They love the idea of themselves as "rugged individualists", R1; let them fire up the molds and make their own fucking bullets like they did back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2020 8:06 PM

Bullshit. Not true. It was either bought up by someone., like the military, which I heard purchased a lot of shit this year, or sold to another country.

This is not happening because Americans are arming themselves to the teeth.

As soon as any trump voter who decides to go nuts with his ammo out on the streets with his weapons, for whatever reason, at any time, that person will be taken out by police immediately, or will come in contact with a military tank that will promptly blow their head off.

The military isn’t on America to protest US, they’re here on the ground to protect themselves and the president of the United States from us. They give zero shits about your MAGA hats and are trained to kill you on the spot, if they do not recognize your uniform and weapons and ones currently used by their units.

They give even less zero fucks if you’re white, yellow, red, brown, or black. A woman, a man, or a child. They will kill you if you riot with weapons after this election, which is exactly what Trump would LOVE.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2020 8:12 PM

* The military isn’t on American soil to protect US, the citizens- they’re here on the ground to protect themselves and the president of the United States from ALL OF US.

They give zero shits about your MAGA hats and are trained to kill you on the spot, if they do not recognize your uniform and weapons and ones currently used by their units. No exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2020 8:15 PM

There was an ammunition shortage during Obama's presidency. Both times he was elected there was a run on ammo because the hysterical right wingers convinced themselves it would soon be banned. The shortage was severe enough that manufacturers started having a hard time meeting the regular demand from law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2020 8:19 PM

Shooting Illustrated is a right wing publication of the NRA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2020 8:23 PM

I’m pretty sure Republicans aren’t the only ones buying ammunition, OP. If there’s an ammunition shortage, it’s because people are taking protective measures should the rioting and protests spread to their neighborhoods. Stop adding to the fear and paranoia. Are you really under the impression that millions of Americans will suddenly suffer psychosis and go on killing rampages if their political party doesn’t win the election? Either you’re really young or really old or really naive. We’ve had ammunition shortages in the past for various reasons but none of those reasons were due to half the country planning to participate in a nationwide mass shooting event, I assure you. If you’re that afraid, you’ve got bigger issues than just a concern for ammunition availability. Martial Law would actually actually make things worse for everyone, and both Trump and Biden would have no problem enacting it. And why is anyone surprised that the National Rifle Association has a publication about (surprise!) guns? That’s like surfers having a surfing magazine. It’s hardly even worth mentioning.

Who knows what will happen with this election. But I doubt civil war will be a possible outcome. Lots of Trump memes mocking him, his family and his administration? Yes. WWIII on home soil? No.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2020 8:50 PM

Don't lecture us about hysteria, r7 - talk to the Dept. of Homeland Security.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2020 9:00 PM

I stand corrected. It looks like the Dept of Homeland Security is the one spreading fear and paranoia.

Typical.

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2020 9:02 PM

Anyone who thinks that the US Military will not be deployed to the streets after this election if there are violent protests or violent riots, and not shoot people on the spot if they’re seen as a possible threat, because they’re armed to the teeth, is crazy. They will be looking for the MAGATs specifically, and they will kill them, if they even think about raising their weapons.

BTW, there’s always a shortage of ammo during election years, because the military sees to it that they have all of it. That’s not something that they readily disclose, however, researching budgets for military posts in the United States, will reveal that they tighten the market aggressively, depending on whom they believe will become President, or more importantly, what they believe people will do, if a certain candidate who is seen as a threat to gun owners, who are also hyper-2nd Amendment proponents, and they also keep a close eye on militia movements, focusing on the Midwest, such as Michigan, etc.

What I find interesting is that there seemed to be ZERO oversight for this shit in Portland, OR, and Wisconsin, yet now we have “shortages”.

A smart person will understand that being out on the street with a gun, and an open carry license is a REALLY bad idea, on Election Day and the weeks thereafter.

Don’t risk it. All eyes will be on you, whether you understand this, believe this, or don’t.

Betcha police shootings of white men will rise exponentially, at rates we haven’t previously seen, right after the election, if Biden wins, or after the votes are counted and he wins.

If trump wins, expect to have your guns at risk, because they are not here to protect your second amendment rights. That’s not what dictators do.

Lol.

Why are we so dumb and hateful???

by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2020 9:16 PM

OP will be shocked to learn there have been violent riots in major cities every weekend since May. A select few lucky areas get them on weeknights.

Have you noticed Biden and Harris don't talk much about gun control anymore? We've been breaking gun sales records every month since June.

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2020 9:26 PM

OP will be shocked to learn there have been violent riots in major cities every weekend since May. A select few lucky areas get them on weeknights.

Have you noticed Biden and Harris don't talk much about gun control anymore? We've been breaking gun sales records every month since June.

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2020 9:26 PM

I blame the ammosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2020 9:29 PM

So that's why there hasn't been a good old fashioned mass shooting this year. When one happens I'll breathe a sigh of relief, because that will mean America is back to normal

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2020 9:35 PM

Why shoot them when you can vote for autocracy, instead, R14?

Mailed Ballots are way more dangerous than bullets, according to our President.

I’ve never thought we would be in this situation.

Donald J. Trump is beholden to someone or a “group” of “lenders”, whom we do not know because they haven’t been identified, AND we DO know that it’s not any banking institution in the United States or the free world, because he isn’t eligible for loans, via those traditional access points.

I am in genuine fear as to what this man is willing to do for Putin or anyone who loaned him that money, in order for him to not have to repay it via traditional repayment methods, or what he actually agreed to do, in order to consider these debts paid by his lenders.

I am actually grieving that people I wholeheartedly love will be voting for this man, knowing that this is true, and voting for him anyhow, while taking away the opportunities for kids all over America, to grow up on a democracy, just like they did.

I don’t understand how a group of people can care so much about unborn lives, yet are willing to take away a true democracy from the babies and kids who are already here.

It makes zero sense and is devastating. We can always approach Roe bs. Wade again, later.

This vote? You’re either voting to become an autocracy, and demolishing a democracy on purpose, or you’re voting to save your country for others and everyone who comes after you.

I know my parents are voting for Trump, and it saddens me that they might actually do it, even though they’re aware that this is being done because they hate people like their own daughter, and see me as a weakling or a deficient person, because I’m not like them, and because I still love and accept them, despite of what they think, how they vote, or what they think of me.

This is a vote that really reveals the heart, or breaks it. I just cannot reconcile that the people who mean the most to me want this man for president again, because I know that if I did, I would probably never speak to them again.

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2020 10:11 PM

Why shoot them when you can vote for autocracy, instead, R14?

Mailed Ballots are way more dangerous than bullets, according to our President.

I’ve never thought we would be in this situation.

Donald J. Trump is beholden to someone or a “group” of “lenders”, whom we do not know because they haven’t been identified, AND we DO know that it’s not any banking institution in the United States or the free world, because he isn’t eligible for loans, via those traditional access points.

I am in genuine fear as to what this man is willing to do for Putin or anyone who loaned him that money, in order for him to not have to repay it via traditional repayment methods, or what he actually agreed to do, in order to consider these debts paid by his lenders.

I am actually grieving that people I wholeheartedly love will be voting for this man, knowing that this is true, and voting for him anyhow, while taking away the opportunities for kids all over America, to grow up on a democracy, just like they did.

I don’t understand how a group of people can care so much about unborn lives, yet are willing to take away a true democracy from the babies and kids who are already here.

It makes zero sense and is devastating. We can always approach Roe bs. Wade again, later.

This vote? You’re either voting to become an autocracy, and demolishing a democracy on purpose, or you’re voting to save your country for others and everyone who comes after you.

I know my parents are voting for Trump, and it saddens me that they might actually do it, even though they’re aware that this is being done because they hate people like their own daughter, and see me as a weakling or a deficient person, because I’m not like them, and because I still love and accept them, despite of what they think, how they vote, or what they think of me.

This is a vote that really reveals the heart, or breaks it. I just cannot reconcile that the people who mean the most to me want this man for president again, because I know that if I did, I would probably never speak to them again.

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2020 10:11 PM

Guns, too. Ammunition is hard to get.

OTOH, if you need to an EMP, YouTube has the required videos to make one that can disrupt communications within 20 mile radius.

DLers, please think outside the box. As gay men, how can you use your "particular set of skills" to prevent the Trumpers' Putsch?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2020 10:26 PM

R17 Fuck off, cunt. I'm a pacifist.

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2020 12:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!