Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I knew I was a Datalounger when...

When my Jewish husband was attending services yesterday via Zoom, and I walked into the room just when the rabbi said “trans women of color” and I rolled my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2020 6:24 AM

My first thought in conflict is “punch and delete.”

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2020 6:42 PM

I asked for sizemeat verificata

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2020 6:53 PM

...I hissed at a trick who didn’t understand my FOLLIES reference.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2020 6:53 PM

Why would that every come up on a sermon?

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2020 6:54 PM

Follies has to be THE gayest thing on the planet. There may not be a gay gene, but if you are male and this is a must-see, anyone would bet money: GAY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2020 7:35 PM

R4, it’s a very progressive congregation.

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2020 12:08 AM

I was on the toilet and thought "this experience would make a good DL thread".

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2020 1:21 AM

That doesn’t sound like progress to me, R6.

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2020 1:44 AM

Because it's the day of atonement--who have we harmed? How will be better in the future?

The trans women of color are very vocal in the social media space about being "the most vulnerable."

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2020 2:14 AM

When I got every double entendre in Auntie Mame - and had to explain them to the gaylings

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2020 2:41 AM

My husband knew he was a DLer - if only in spirit and, what, about 30 years before it started? - when he snuck out of the house and saw his first movie by himself at the age of 12: "Gypsy."

Well, that and trying to get picked up by truck drivers around the same age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2020 2:59 AM

R10 Further to that, I found Patrick Dennis’s “Little Me” in the library when I was about ten and got most of the jokes. It took a while to figure out that Belle Poitrine wasn’t a real person. She seemed so real.

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2020 4:48 AM

...when in my head, I'm always telling people to die in a grease fire. It's hard to actually verbalize that sentiment in polite conversation, though.

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2020 4:53 AM

...I realised that every time there is a news story about misfortune befalling a child, my first reaction is wanting to know what Mrs Patsy Ramsey has to say about it.

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2020 5:49 AM

when I screamed "MARY!!!" for the first time.

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2020 5:50 AM

I demanded a venti High Point at Starbucks.

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2020 5:56 AM

...whenever I have to erase a wall of text because I’m pretty sure I soapboxed on the same shit in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2020 6:01 AM

I slapped my maid's face.

I slapped her face viciously.

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2020 6:03 AM

Isn't being gay go against the Jewish religion?

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2020 6:08 AM

[quote] I demanded a venti High Point at Starbucks.

Did it have flavah?

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2020 6:10 AM

Homosexuality has been legal in Israel since 1988 and was only illegal because of the British Empire imposing their own laws on the region when they controlled it.

by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2020 6:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!