Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Attempted kidnapping of Joaquin Phoenix's 3 yr old half-sister Hope Morris from her mom Emma by dad Juan Phoenix. 2012.

Summarily. Joaquin has a half sister 35 yrs younger than he is via his dad who lived Costa Rico. There was clearly an acrimonious split and due process of law was bypassed in favor of the father. Its allegeded wealth power and bullying including death threats were at play. Over1200 signed below petition on Emma's behalf with a ton of comments.

Only a Phoenix family friend Christine Bidwill advocated for Juan with a document signed by a disbarred lawyer and sex offender. I've excerpted some notable comments in post below JM and Verstraate Heidi as they are insightful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2020 12:16 PM

First 2 posts I've excerpted by JM are extremely insightful. So is the last by Verstraate Heidi

[quote]"I personally know Emma and I have been very aware of Juan Pheonix since the death of River (his son). I have been involved in many custody cases , many which involved incidences of substance abuse and also involvement of child protective services. Having this experience as a filter to view this case has left me mystified. [...] It is extremely negligent and suspisious. Hope, by any other country's standards, would be considered missing or kidnapped at this point. [..] the manner in which this has been handled is extremely dangerous and damaging to Hope. [...] The father and his earlier children would all be considered questionable in thier abilities to care for this child. None have been examined in a truly professional manner. Emma ,Hope's mother, has voluntarily subjected herself to testing psycholgically and biologically(drug screening including hair sampling to determine substance use) that would be up to and beyond the standards of the highest demands. All of these screenings have shown her to be perfectly fit. The system has truly failed here."

[quote]"I noticed those signatures and was notified of the the seriously questionable nature of these advisors to the Pheonix family. I wonder if this Ms. Bidwell is aware that she is spreading the advice of a sex offender and a disbarred attorney. Not exactly the team I would be supporting in a case for the welfare of a child. [...] These kinds of personalities (criminal in nature) are driven by manipulation and dishonesty. Why would these people be the advocates/counselors for the father, Juan Pheonix? [...]is Hope in the company of these people ? Is she in the company of a sex offender? We have no idea where Hope is at this time. [..] The documented history of this family shows very well that Juan Pheonix will take his children,without regard for the lifelong negative effects, through extremely bizaree circumstances. The people he uses as advisors now only shows that this pattern has not changed."

[quote]"Christine Bidwill doesn't know the file since most of it is in spanish. Juan Phoenix is the only friend she has... and she's the only friend he has, the rest can be refered to as employees. They have more in common then you could ever imagine and those who know stay quiet unless they cross a line..."

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2020 4:42 PM

Here is the 2nd of only 3 sites I could find that talk about this case. From Somerset England where Emma is from. All 3 sites report a break in the case by the end of 2012 but by early 2013 there are no further updates, there are however reports of bullying, muscling site owners to remove content on the 3rd site I will link.

If you're from the UK and have advise as to how to trace people there or get access to missing persons list feel free to jump in..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2020 4:57 PM

Who the hell is JM?

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2020 5:04 PM

Here's the 3rd and last site that covered the story. Scroll down to a post dated Jan1, 2013. Like the others it mentions the break in the case but also posts about content being removed due to death threats. Needless to say no updates here either.

Best case scenario (which still isn't great) Emma and Hope were reunited and living in England but are shuddered into silence re talking about the case by Juan's bullies. Worst case scenario.....I'd rather not think about that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2020 5:20 PM

Who knows. Appears to be a close knit group of ex-pats in Costa Rica many probably know each other but like DL, people don't always use full names. Or even their initials.

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2020 5:30 PM

Here is a direct link to the petition on behalf of Emma and Hope detailing the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2020 12:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!