Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Scary ass teacher says he can no longer teach kindergarten after parent complained about tattoos

A heavily tattooed French schoolteacher said he was prevented from teaching kindergarten after a parent complained his appearance scared their child.

Sylvain Helaine, 35, said the parent of a 3-year-old student at the Docteur Morere Elementary School in Palaiseau complained their son had nightmares after seeing him. Although the boy was not in his class, Helaine said he was removed from the classroom for two months and then prohibited from teaching children under the age of 6 years old.

"I think it's just disgusting," he told USA TODAY. "They didn’t even try to convince the parent that I was a good teacher and that I had a lot of experience ... I felt betrayed by them and I’m a bit sad."

The local education authority confirmed to Reuters that an agreement was reached to move Helaine because of his appearance.

Helaine said he's been teaching for more than 12 years and that he's only had a few comments from parents. He first decided to change his appearance while working in London when he was 27 because he felt he wouldn't be judged.

He had his tongue and the whites of his eyes surgically blackened and got his first "layer" of tattoos over the course of three and half years.

"For me it’s only one tattoo, one body suit," he said. "It's constantly evolving."

Helaine, who also does acting, modeling and comedy in his spare time, said he was 10 years old when he knew he wanted to be a teacher and hopes to keep doing it.

"Primary school teacher is a job that you want to be forever," he said. " I just want people to judge me for my work."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 29, 2020 3:59 PM

[quote] "I think it's just disgusting," he told USA TODAY. "They didn’t even try to convince the parent that I was a good teacher and that I had a lot of experience ... I felt betrayed by them and I’m a bit sad."

I think HE is disgusting.

Fucking freak.

I'm glad he's banned from teaching. Why would anyone want their child taught by this ugly monster?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2020 12:10 PM

Team Karen on this one.

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2020 12:12 PM

He looks like what I would imagine a demon to look like.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2020 12:12 PM

OP is worse than Maria Avedici Santoya.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2020 12:14 PM

It's shameful they've made such an example of him and that the media is plastering him all over the place.

The last thing this man wants is attention.

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2020 12:15 PM

Rofl R5. Good one.

He's clearly mentally ill.

As are the majority of people with tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2020 12:16 PM

Well done R5.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2020 12:19 PM

[quote]He had his tongue and the whites of his eyes surgically blackened and got his first "layer" of tattoos over the course of three and half years.

I'm an adult and he would scare the hell out of me. Imagine how young children would feel. I don't believe for even a second that no parent has ever commented about him before. He can do whatever he wants with his body but he can't be a teacher of young children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2020 12:26 PM

Horrifying

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2020 12:29 PM

He's demonic. I bet he has sinister plans for those children.

And Im not even joking.

by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2020 12:31 PM

A guy gets tattooed like this and wants to be a kindergarten teacher?? I find that weird. I also find it weird that they hired him.

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2020 12:32 PM

He never had an inkling this could get in the way of his teaching career?

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2020 12:35 PM

I can’t believe anyone could be that naive. The possibility of this never occurred to him ? He’s managed to be that heavily tattooed and never noticed any negative reaction from others ? Bullshit. And I speak as someone who is heavily tattooed. So to play the victim is disingenuous.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2020 12:36 PM

The frau rotten tuna mixed with body odor stench is strong in this thread

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2020 12:42 PM

I knew a guy that had the inside of his ears and the inside of his eyelids tattooed.

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2020 12:45 PM

Who the hell hired him to teach kindergarten in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2020 12:46 PM

It's bad enough with the full body tattoos, but doing the face and the whites of your eyes?

You just look like a fucking PSYCHO!

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2020 12:48 PM

Stephen King is up in Maine furiously typing his next opus.

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2020 12:55 PM

You know what? I ain't even gonna read that article. FOH

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2020 12:55 PM

You've gotta love France. They can't bear the sight of Muslim women wearing headscarves but they force little kids into a classroom with this freak.

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2020 1:47 PM

What a strange reaction by the parents since tattoos usually indicate psychological health.

by Anonymousreply 21September 29, 2020 3:33 PM

No, you shouldn’t be teaching children. No, it’s not unfair. Nobody forced you to look like a freak.

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2020 3:50 PM

I am definitely NOT against tattoos and have more than a few myself. But I limit my tattoos to what is mostly covered by office attire. Do I wish I had more? Sure. But I also like to have an income. Dude! You are a teacher - kindergarten no less. Totally NOT appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 23September 29, 2020 3:57 PM

I'd cross the street if that was walking my way. I can't imaging why the school hired him at all. Most public facing jobs have rules about coming tattoos and how many facial piercings you can have (one), etc.

You could say the school failed in hiring this guy, but maybe he didn't have any tattoos when he was hired.

by Anonymousreply 24September 29, 2020 3:58 PM

^rules about COVERING tattoos

by Anonymousreply 25September 29, 2020 3:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!