Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Psychic" Sylvia Browne

Was anyone else here obsessed with her in a camp sort of way? She could be so bitchy, and the plastic surgery and those massive talons she always had. I loved watching her and hearing her smoker's voice. Her books were actually well researched once you got passed the psychic nonsense. She seemed very interested in the history of religion. Still though, she was hilarious for all the wrong reasons. That Long Island Medium bitch can't hold a candle to our Sylvia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 2, 2020 7:52 AM

Sylvia provided a great service, allowing the average person to be able to communicate with our departed loved ones. She is sorely missed.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2020 4:24 AM

[quote] That Long Island Medium bitch can't hold a candle to our Sylvia.

You mean your Sylvia. Please don't speak for me.

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2020 4:25 AM

I've said this before on DL, but I spent $300 for a reading with Sylvia Browne back in the day. Nothing she said was right or came to pass. She also kept trying to get me to book a reading w/ her son.

The only thing of value that I heard her say waswhen she was on the Montel Williams Show. She said to be careful when you buy items second-hand from other people or estate items. You might pick up their mojo. The items should be cleansed.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2020 4:31 AM

I wish she didn’t get into future predictions—her psychic gift whatever it may have been did NOT extend to predicting future events or locating missing people. I liked a book or two of hers about the afterlife and how it works. Found it interesting that she is okay with anger and not worrying about forgiving others who have been very abusive—it was refreshing that she took the approach that these people should not be in your life at all.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2020 4:32 AM

She was the worst of the fucking ruthless grifters. She has a whole episode of "Swindled" podcast dedicated to her. You have to listen to it to realize that she had absolute disdain for the people she was conning.

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2020 4:37 AM

Howard Stern's takes on her were glorious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2020 4:38 AM

Howard Part 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2020 4:39 AM

Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2020 4:39 AM

Howard Part 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2020 4:39 AM

I loved her in the same way I loved Miss Cleo, Jackie Stallone and La Toya's psychic hotline.

by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2020 4:40 AM

More clips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2020 4:40 AM

I went to see Sylvia at The New School in NYC the day before the 2000 presidential election.

Near the end of the program an audience member asked her who was going to win the election. Sylvia confidently replied without hesitation that Al Gore was our next president. Did not see the Florida recount, the hanging chads, the Supreme Court involvement. Just, Gore wins.

That was the last time I paid her any mind.

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2020 4:40 AM

I remember how whenever someone had some health woe they wanted her psychic guidance on, she would tell them they needed to take Lecithin. I always thought it was funny, as Lecithin was considered healthy back in the 80's, then you never heard about it again but all these people needed was Lecithin and they would be fine.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2020 4:46 AM

Was she at work on September 10, 2001?

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2020 5:02 AM

She explained her getting the election wrong on: "Who knows about the electoral college? Do you know about the electoral college?" lol

She was very pro-gay.

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2020 6:38 AM

@r14, "Was she at work on September 10, 2001? "

^^This^^ I lost what little faith I had in psychics when not a single one predicted or warned about the events of 9/11. Not one psychic even said, "Stay out of NY, I don't know why, but I see trouble". That's all one of them would have had to say to convince me, but no

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2020 7:07 AM

She also told one of the Ohio mothers of the kidnapped girls that her daughter was dead. She wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2020 12:40 PM

She said that she saw smoke right before 9/11 and didn’t put it together. lol

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2020 12:41 PM

Sylvia Browne, like all professional psychics was a colossal fraud and con artist.

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2020 12:45 PM

[quote] She said that she saw smoke right before 9/11 and didn’t put it together. lol

That was the smoke of her cigarette as she practiced quick responses to grieving parents and people wanting to know if they will ever find true love.

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2020 12:54 PM

She was a hack, I have better hair and longer nails.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 29, 2020 1:01 PM

I saw her in a restaurant one time.

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2020 1:07 PM

I met one of her hired psychics once. She had nothing good to say. Sylvia was originally Brown without the e. Too many fraud complaints on the way up.

by Anonymousreply 23September 29, 2020 1:09 PM

[quote] I saw her in a restaurant one time.

She knew you would be there.

by Anonymousreply 24September 29, 2020 1:09 PM

What happened to Tyler Henry the gay one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 29, 2020 1:12 PM

Those three girls that were kinapped and held in that house in Cleveland, she told one of the mothers on Montel that her daughter was dead.

by Anonymousreply 26September 29, 2020 1:17 PM

She predicted coronavirus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 29, 2020 1:23 PM

r27 uh - is that where Trump got the idea it would just suddenly disappear?

by Anonymousreply 28September 29, 2020 1:27 PM

Evil cunt. She always made me think of the manager of a massage parlor that employed trafficked women.

by Anonymousreply 29September 29, 2020 1:32 PM

It is a blessing to have people in this world that allow to still be able to communicate with our departed loved ones.

by Anonymousreply 30September 29, 2020 2:41 PM

r30 someone with an L in their name is telling you to shut the fuck up, it's all fake.

by Anonymousreply 31September 29, 2020 3:32 PM

Sylvia has hired psychics? I thought it was just her and her son.

by Anonymousreply 32September 29, 2020 3:34 PM

Sylvia's voice sounded uncannily like Dick Cavett to my ear. I always thought she was a grifter and a hustler.

by Anonymousreply 33September 29, 2020 3:37 PM

All of these cold readers have the same schtick. I'm always amazed at how gullible most people are.

by Anonymousreply 34September 29, 2020 3:42 PM

She was always psychically diagnosing everyone as having Fibromyalgia.

by Anonymousreply 35September 29, 2020 4:57 PM

Phonies and charlatans all!

by Anonymousreply 36September 29, 2020 5:00 PM

r12 actually Gore did win it just couldn't be proven. And so did Kerry. Bush never really won either of them but that is when we were still unaware of all the cheating.

by Anonymousreply 37September 29, 2020 5:02 PM

My answer is somewhere under a bridge ...... near water 💦

by Anonymousreply 38September 29, 2020 5:24 PM

Her old interviews with Art Bell were fun, though. Along with the controversy over whether she and Dr Evelyn Paglini were the same person.

by Anonymousreply 39September 29, 2020 5:41 PM

R32 yes she had a bunch of them on the payroll.

by Anonymousreply 40September 29, 2020 6:54 PM

[quote] All of these cold readers have the same schtick. I'm always amazed at how gullible most people are.

Agree. If someone wants to know if their decreased 90 year old grandmother is doing well, the psychic pulls easy answers like "yes, she wants me to tell she's fine and she was so tired at the end. She doesn't want you to cry. She wants you to eat some sort of baked good because she baked, didn't she?

by Anonymousreply 41September 29, 2020 7:02 PM

I attended a Theresa Caputo group reading with work colleagues. This was about five or six years ago so I don't remember the particulars but I do remember some people gasping at what she told them. She was spot on in many cases.

She's very personable and dynamic, and for a guidette she's quite attractive. She's actually less scary looking than she appears to be on tv.

by Anonymousreply 42September 29, 2020 8:28 PM

@r27, I predict that by the year 2095 New York City will be under 3 feet of water

Of course, I won't be here for you to hold it against me, sucker

by Anonymousreply 43September 29, 2020 8:38 PM

[quote]She's very personable and dynamic, and for a guidette she's quite attractive. She's actually less scary looking than she appears to be on tv.

She's not bad-looking facially, it's just the way she styles herself. The big hair, makeup, talons for nails and garish wardrobe. She's very "Long Island" which is startlingly tacky to people from the rest of America. If she got a good stylist and toned everything down, she'd be quite pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 29, 2020 9:11 PM

more about cute twink Tyler Henry!

by Anonymousreply 45September 29, 2020 9:51 PM

Who was the other guy she said was dead. It wasn't the girls in the basement. It was a big case and it turned out that the missing kid had stayed for years with his kidnapper. His parents were obviously desperate and were in Montel's audience when they asked if he was still alive. She was kind of cold and dismissive.. "No, he's gone." I still remember the looks on the mom's face. It was tragic and that's where I lost all faith in anything she said. I do believe some psychics. I went through a time (around AIDS) where I went to a couple. They did tell me things that turned out to be true. But yeah, Sylvia was like a madam in a whorehouse.

by Anonymousreply 46September 29, 2020 10:07 PM

That was Shawn Hornbeck R46.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 29, 2020 10:12 PM

The problem with Sylvia Browne and other psychics who are famous is that some of them have some natural ability in the psychic realm/mediumship realm but they stretch it too far for money, go outside of their actual ability, and lose all credibility. I personally think that Sylvia had some ability but became too wrapped up in her own self-importance and saw too many dollar signs to turn down lucrative opportunities. I’ve seen psychics provide real info but then also make assumptions and run away with them and provide false info as a result of assuming even though some of the info they came up with wasn’t something they could glean from what was said or body language. You are only as good as your ability hampered by your filter of how you see and experience the world. Thus, true psychics should never try to fill in the gaps of what they can see with their own assumptions. If someone comes to you and asks a question and you don’t have any answer, be honest and say you don’t know rather than fill it in with BS.

by Anonymousreply 48September 30, 2020 4:10 PM

r16 I've been saying the same thing for years. Not one damn psychic predicted 9/11. You'd think such a catastrophic event would've come up on their radar. It's all bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 49September 30, 2020 6:19 PM

Sylvia never did cold readings. She was very specific which is what shocks so many people. She just left herself open to being called out. I love all these idiot documentaries and people screaming that she was a con artist when the very idea of being a psychic makes one an automatic con artist. What did you expect?!

by Anonymousreply 50September 30, 2020 7:55 PM

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

by Anonymousreply 51October 2, 2020 1:17 AM

A big fat fraud

by Anonymousreply 52October 2, 2020 1:24 AM

[quote]Was she at work on September 10, 2001?

Ironically, she had been on Larry King exactly a week before 9/11, fighting with James Randi.

Chip Coffey could probably get a good second career going doing drag readings AS Sylvia.

by Anonymousreply 53October 2, 2020 1:24 AM

Sylvia Browne is easy big fat bitch with a smokers voice.

by Anonymousreply 54October 2, 2020 1:27 AM

Audience Member : "Is it because of blah blah? Or is it just because men are insensitive?"

Sylvia : "Of course men are sensitive. Anyone who doesn't think men are sensitive is an IDIOT."

by Anonymousreply 55October 2, 2020 1:32 AM

I always thought Nicole Sullivan would have made a great Sylvia Browne on Mad TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 2, 2020 1:35 AM

She predicted that aliens would reveal themselves in 2010.

by Anonymousreply 57October 2, 2020 1:54 AM

Audience member : "Sylvia, why am I afraid of balloons popping?"

Sylvia : "In your last life, you lived in Europe during WWII and had bombs going off all around you."

I knew that was going to be her reply. Am I a psychic, too?

by Anonymousreply 58October 2, 2020 7:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!