Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you used California Closets?

...or a similar company to install closet organizers?

I’m considering installing drawers in my closet so I can get rid of my dresser

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2020 7:27 PM

Someone get this guy a sugar baby!

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2020 1:16 AM

I prefer South Carolina Closets

I've been living in one for the past 60 years!

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2020 1:16 AM

Why do you want to get rid of your dresser?

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2020 1:54 AM

Wait until The Container Store has their 30% off Elfa sale and go that route. They have higher-end choices but the 30% really makes a difference, no matter the configuration.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2020 1:55 AM

I had them do the closet in my master bedroom a few years back. Amazing transformation -So much more storage space! They were on time and on budget -The only company that managed that feat in my remodel.

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2020 2:49 AM

How much does redoing a closet generally cost?

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2020 7:59 PM

[quote] Why do you want to get rid of your dresser?

Whenever a bedroom is small to begin with, a dresser just takes up too much room.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2020 8:00 PM

Mr. California Closets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2020 9:17 PM

I think everyone knows I'm the king of California closets!

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2020 9:53 PM

We had wardrobes installed by them pretty much take up the whole wall. I think it $7200. It doesn't have to be that expensive but I'm glad we did it.

by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2020 9:56 PM

Mine was a double-length standard closet with sliding doors, one long shelf over the hanging bar. At one end the depth of the closet was a foot less, due to some pipes behind the wall. In the first closet the put in a full-length hand and two half-length (for shirts and pants). The second, with the funky end, was converted to shelves. The result was nearly doubled hanging space, and nearly 60 feet of additional shelving. The floor space remained as it was. It took three days. One for measuring and planning, and two to install/inspect. I repainted the interior of the closet before they started. Total cost was $2,400.

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2020 11:56 PM

I've used a local closet company that also designs garage, office, and other organizing systems. They did my garage and home office. I added large cabinets and a worktop in the garage and a wall of shelving, desk top, and filing drawers to the home office. Loved working with them, they customize to taste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2020 12:33 AM

IKEA for the win!

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2020 1:01 AM

We've used them two times (two different houses) for walk-in and standard closets and it was worth every penny each time. Can't recommend them highly enough.

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2020 1:08 AM

Can they do much with a small closet? I live in an old bungalow with small closets. We're talking five feet wide by 27 inches deep and 8 feet tall. There's a bar and a shelf above the bar and maybe 2.5 or three feet above the shelf.

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2020 1:34 AM

R15

It's hard to be precise with your measurements, but I can tell you that the structure and shelves or drawers or both instantly expand the room with which you have to work. We did bedroom closets, linen closets, coat closets, (just trying to cover what you might think you have) and in every case we ended up with more usable space. You can also add things like shelves, drawers, baskets, tie racks, belt racks, etc which all give you more storage.

See what you can find online as reference. We used baskets on the bottom for laundry and dry cleaning, and had one of the drawers lock, just as two examples of choices you have. Basically you tell them what you have to put in the closet - and they measure the amount of clothes, for instance - and they design and build it with space specifically designated (and corresponding to) what you want stored in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2020 7:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!