Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Actors who actually looked like family

What actors who played characters that were related to each other actually looked alike? Let's list 'em.

-- There was kind of a resemblance between Rue McClanahan and Sheree North when they were younger, but it faded with age.

-- Lynnie Greene who played Young Dorothy was well cast. She really looked believable as a young Bea Arthur.

-- Arlene Dahl and Rhonda Fleming playing sisters in 1956's Slightly Scarlet is probably one of the better examples

Who else springs to mind?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 28, 2020 3:13 PM

Frances Fisher (Ruth Bukatet) and Suzy Amis (Lizzy Calvert) in Titanic. They credibly played grandmother and granddaughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 28, 2020 3:00 PM

Julia Roberts and Kyra Sedgwick as sisters in Something To Talk About.

by Anonymousreply 2September 28, 2020 3:02 PM

Téa Leoni and Zoey Deutch NEED to play mother/daughter, or the same character at different ages, as they are dead ringers for one another.

by Anonymousreply 3September 28, 2020 3:05 PM

Oh, and Emily Blunt and Sarah Paulson could play sisters.

by Anonymousreply 4September 28, 2020 3:05 PM

Elizabeth Moss and the women who played her mother and sister on Mad Men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2020 3:07 PM

R4 You are so right!

I am too lazy to look up the actors’ names but in the show Rain on Netflix, the two boys who played Rasmus (as a young boy and as a teen) looked like family.

by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2020 3:09 PM

Tom Hardy and Logan Marshall Green should play brothers. Josh Dallas could play their cousin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 28, 2020 3:10 PM

Jack Dylan Grazer and Timothee Chalamet in Beautiful Boy

by Anonymousreply 8September 28, 2020 3:12 PM

David Hyde Pierce and Kelsey Grammer

by Anonymousreply 9September 28, 2020 3:12 PM

The kids in “Little Fires Everywhere” looked like they could be siblings and offspring of Reese and Joshua Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2020 3:16 PM

[quote]-- There was kind of a resemblance between Rue McClanahan and Sheree North when they were younger, but it faded with age.

They both had a kind of Appalachian look, which suited the characters, Blanche especially.

by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2020 3:27 PM

R10 Yes, they were very well cast.

by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2020 3:32 PM

Jean Stapleton and Maureen Stapleton

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2020 3:35 PM

They really did look enough like to be grandmother and granddaughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 28, 2020 3:35 PM

R14 I loved their scenes together.

by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2020 3:36 PM

R15 they were great together.

by Anonymousreply 16September 28, 2020 3:40 PM

Grammer and Pierce in "Frasier" own this thread! They even lost hair the same way!

Apparently some casting director had noticed ylthe resemblance years before, and made a note that if Grammer ever needed someone to play a younger brother...

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2020 3:49 PM

Young Michael Fishman looked like he could be Roseanne's son.

by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2020 3:52 PM

Jerry Orbach and Martin Landau in [italic]Crimes and Misdemeanors[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 19September 28, 2020 3:52 PM

Let's try this again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 28, 2020 3:52 PM

Desi Arnaz and the kid who played Little Ricky Ricardo on I LOVE LUCY.

by Anonymousreply 21September 28, 2020 4:21 PM

Carol Burnett and Vicki Lawrence playing sisters on the Carol Burnett Show and mother and daughter on Mama's Family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 28, 2020 4:24 PM

Sean Connery, Dustin Hoffman and Matthew Broderick as grandfather, father and son. They totally look like they all come from the same family, right? Right?!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 28, 2020 4:26 PM

Julie Kavner and Valerie Harper as Brenda and Rhoda Morgenstern in Rhoda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 28, 2020 5:07 PM

Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel as mother and daughter in The Gilmore Girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 28, 2020 5:21 PM

If January Jones and Jon Hamm had a daughter, chances are she’d look like Kiernan Shipka.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 28, 2020 5:33 PM

AbFab -Jennifer Saunders and Julia Sawalha really did look like they could've been biological mother and daughter.

by Anonymousreply 27September 28, 2020 5:49 PM

The Fisher family on Six Feet Under.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2020 5:53 PM

Peter Mullan should play Matt Czuchry’s dad in something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 28, 2020 6:15 PM

The two girls in The Patty Duke Show looked a lot alike. Those home-makeover clones heavily resemble each other like gay lovers sometimes do.

by Anonymousreply 30September 28, 2020 6:42 PM

Oliver Jackson-Cohen and Julian Morris played the same character at different ages. The two of them could play brothers, and Jake Gyllenhaal could play their third brother. Topher Grace could play the eldest brother. I would SO watch that.

by Anonymousreply 31September 28, 2020 6:51 PM

Fes Parker and Bea Arthur could be twins.

by Anonymousreply 32September 28, 2020 7:14 PM

Jeez, r23, I hadn't realized that was a Sidney Lumet film. He was a prodigious director. I wonder if his need to work on a project kept him from taking the time to get things "just right?" Those are good actors, but why would anyone cast Sean Connery and Dustin Hoffman as father and son? And, for that matter, what was Lumet thinking with [italic]Find Me Guilty[/italic]. The great movies he made more than outweigh the "off" decisions, I just wonder what happened.

by Anonymousreply 33September 28, 2020 7:19 PM

Bl jbk

by Anonymousreply 34October 17, 2020 2:00 AM

Lisa Pelikan playing Vanessa Redgrave's character "Julia" as a teen. Uncanny resemblance, almost as strong as Joely Richardson playing the younger version of Redgrave's character in "Wetherby", but they actually are daughter/mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 17, 2020 2:11 AM

Luke Evans and Orlando Bloom look like brothers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 17, 2020 3:50 AM

Jessica Lange, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jennifer Jason Leigh in "A Thousand Acres."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 17, 2020 4:01 AM

Back into the golden age of Hollywood: Mary Astor and Lucille Bremer as mother and daughter in "Meet Me in St. Louis". There is a scene where they are talking in the kitchen in profile and they have almost the same profile.

by Anonymousreply 38October 17, 2020 5:22 AM

Elizabeth Taylor and Joan Bennett in those "Father of the Bride" / "Father's Little Dividend" movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 17, 2020 5:29 AM

Old movie - Spencer Tracy and Frank Albertson played brothers in Fury (1936). Albertson (L) resembled Tracy. Later played Sam Wainwright in It's A Wonderful Life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 17, 2020 5:39 AM

Melissa Ponzio and Tyler Posey as mother and son on Teen Wolf, though sometimes his hot mom looked more like his sister.

Skeet Ulrich and Cole Sprouse as father and son in Riverdale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 17, 2020 5:44 AM

R31 Were Cohen and Morris in something other than "Man in an Orange Shirt"? Because in that project, they weren't the same character at different ages; instead they were grandfather and grandson depicted in different time periods.

by Anonymousreply 42October 17, 2020 7:29 AM

Gary Lucy and Aedan Duckworth, playing father and son, Luke and Ollie Morgan, on "Hollyoaks".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 17, 2020 7:40 AM

Thank you, r42. I knew I'd gotten it wrong as soon as I hit "Post." I was talking about Man in an Orange Shirt, but couldn't find it again.

by Anonymousreply 44October 17, 2020 8:44 AM

I always thought that Leonardo DiCaprio looked like a blonde, blue-eyed version of Johnny Depp. So Leo being cast as Johnny's brother in What's Eating Gilbert Grape made sense. Ironically though, the physical similarities were camouflaged by Leo's acting in that film (and the mouthguard he was wearing, probably in an attempt to change both his appearance and articulation).

by Anonymousreply 45October 17, 2020 9:05 AM

R35 Mayim Bialik as the young C.C. Bloomin in Beaches, she totally looked like a young Bette Midler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 18, 2020 9:03 PM

Tony Danza and Alyssa Milano in Who's The Boos

by Anonymousreply 47October 18, 2020 9:11 PM

Lea Michele and Adele Dazeem, who played Lea's mother on Glee. Uncanny resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 48October 18, 2020 9:20 PM

I'm currently catching up on "Succession," and Sarah Snook really looks like she could be Brian Cox's daughter. None of the other Roy children look anything like him. Or her. At all.

by Anonymousreply 49October 28, 2020 12:37 PM

Carol and Vicki

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 28, 2020 1:23 PM

The head master and his son on Sex Education on Netflix. Also I think Tea Leoni and Dustin Milligan look like young mother/son

by Anonymousreply 51October 28, 2020 3:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!