Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Unemployed Actor Lawrence Fox Starts Alt-Right Political Party

Controversial actor Laurence Fox has revealed he is launching a political party aiming for the “reclamation” of British values.

The 42-year-old said he has been given £5 million funding to start the party - including sums from former Tory donors.

The party has been provisionally called Reclaim - which has been described as "Ukip for culture."

The name will be subject to the approval of the electoral commission and the party could be officially launched as early as next month.

He said he hopes to stand dozens of candidates for the new party at the next election, adding that the party had been set up for people who are “tired of being told that we represent the very thing we have, in history, stood together against”.

Fox, who has been a fierce critic of the BBC for not employing him, sparked controversy when he said suggestions of “racism” over how the Duchess of Sussex was treated was “boring”.

He also hit out at black and working class actors for complaining about the industry once they have “five million quid in the bank”

The Sunday Telegraph quoted a source describing the party as “Ukip for culture”.

Fox has now tweeted that his party party will “change everything… with love, reason and understanding”.

He said in a statement posted on Twitter that “politicians have lost touch” with people and “public institutions now work to an agenda beyond their main purpose.

“Our modern United Kingdom was borne out of the respectful inclusion of so many individual voices,” he said.

“It is steeped in the innate values of families and communities, diverse in the truest sense but united in the want and need to call this island home.

He said he had received support from “those wishing to add their voices to this reclamation of our values”.

“Our country is now in desperate need of a new political movement which promises to make our future a shared endeavour, not a divisive one. This is now my endeavour.”

The actor said he wants “to preserve and celebrate our shared national history” and reform publicly funded institutions, from media to education, so they are “free from political bias”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306March 7, 2021 12:08 AM

[quote] Fox, who has been a fierce critic of the BBC for not employing him,

So he is a real-life Alan Partridge?

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2020 6:49 PM

I want his cock in me.

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2020 7:27 PM

He’s James Fox’s son - looks very much like him.

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2020 7:30 PM

He was married to Piper Laurie.

[quote] Work dries up for Laurence Fox, meaning the best thing he’s ever been in is still Billie Piper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2020 7:32 PM

The rush he got from his fifteen minutes of fame earlier this year must have been something powerful.

It's odd because his acting career wasn't doing that badly and he has comprehensively destroyed it now, in order to set up a joke organisation that won't last six months.

And his twitter handle is, unironically, 'lozzafox', which is another excellent reason to punch him in the face.

by Anonymousreply 5September 27, 2020 7:35 PM

His cousin Freddie is divine

by Anonymousreply 6September 27, 2020 7:43 PM

Apologies and an "Oh, dear" to "Laurence" Fox, but as he apparently insists upon being addressed as "Lozza", I frankly give zero shits about misspelling his name in the title.

by Anonymousreply 7September 27, 2020 7:49 PM

[quote] He’s James Fox’s son

Does the father share the same political views as the son? James became an evangelical Christian for several years in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 8September 27, 2020 7:53 PM

No, I think he's more churchy and spiritual and into doing good works.

by Anonymousreply 9September 27, 2020 8:10 PM

^ Molesting children?

by Anonymousreply 10September 27, 2020 8:41 PM

He almost ruined "White Lines" for me.

by Anonymousreply 11September 27, 2020 8:48 PM

Ugly face but hot cock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 27, 2020 8:52 PM

He was gorgeous on Lewis. Actual dialogue: Lewis: I don't see what women see in him. Female Superior: An equine nine. Said he'd played his character Hathaway as Half-a-gay. Has shown his enormous thick cock on screen. And he is a bit worn for wear but still hawt. Therefore, he can do no wrong in my book.

by Anonymousreply 13September 27, 2020 8:54 PM

James Fox was actually cute when he was young....Laurence is just a horseface

by Anonymousreply 14September 27, 2020 8:56 PM

My he sure does use flowery language for a party that wants to get rid of browns, blacks and jews.

by Anonymousreply 15September 27, 2020 8:58 PM

He should call Antonio Sabato Jr. I'm sure Fox can get a job in one of Sabato's new movie productions (snort).

by Anonymousreply 16September 27, 2020 9:09 PM

I prefer his cousin, Jorjan.

by Anonymousreply 17September 27, 2020 9:11 PM

I'm sure he would say that he doesn't want to get rid of certain people only that he wants to restore a balance etc. I think if Britain has a stronger tradition of inalienable rights as we do he would have known to form a type of libertarian party. What really has upset him lately, at least publicly, is cancel culture, the regressive left, extreme trans advocates quashing free expression. Stuff many DLers object to. But somehow he has linked his objections up with little England nationalism. He should just have tried to run as a Tory, a county Tory, which is what he is.

by Anonymousreply 18September 27, 2020 9:14 PM

country Tory^

by Anonymousreply 19September 27, 2020 9:15 PM

Seeing as there's no chance Boris Johnson will be Tory leader come the next election it's going to be really tough for right wing voters.

They'll have the Tories, most likely led by British African Indian Rishi Sunak, the Brexit Party or whatever Nigel Farage morphs that party into next, and the Lawrence Fox "reclaim" party.

by Anonymousreply 20September 27, 2020 9:16 PM

He said that after his divorce he became radicalised by watching YouTube videos.

by Anonymousreply 21September 27, 2020 9:17 PM

Why is Boris out of the running for Party leader, R20? Although an Indian is a good look for the Tories. (Boris btw had a Turkish grandfather. )

by Anonymousreply 22September 27, 2020 9:20 PM

In other words R21, he's a self-pitying moron.

by Anonymousreply 23September 27, 2020 9:25 PM

[quote]Why is Boris out of the running for Party leader, [R20]? Although an Indian is a good look for the Tories. (Boris btw had a Turkish grandfather. )

He is woefully out of his depth and it's showing. He wanted to be Prime Minister all his life and he finally gets the job and he's neck deep in the biggest crisis the country has faced in a century and is unable to lead. Tory MPs are a lot of things, but one thing they're not is sentimental.

Starmer is now ahead of Johnson in the "Best PM" polls, Labour are edging ahead in the party polls.

And Brexit still isn't sorted, the Northern Ireland problem will become more of an issue if Biden wins (see his and Pelosi's comments) and most of the country now hates Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 24September 27, 2020 9:25 PM

Don’t know him but he makes some points.

Does anyone really think the rich and famous care about BLM and diversity? Nope. They just care about themselves.

Like Sting singing We Work the Black Seam, Children’s Crusade or Driven to Tears. All empty posturing.

by Anonymousreply 25September 27, 2020 9:27 PM

He doesn't make good points. What are his policy positions? Legislating against cancel culture?

by Anonymousreply 26September 27, 2020 9:29 PM

Such a waste of a big cocked actor. We will never see that thing on screen again. Sad. It's Mitford sister level unacceptable He will never live it down.

by Anonymousreply 27September 27, 2020 9:35 PM

This is Rishi Sunak, the next Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

It is fascinating how they call him one of the richest MPs, when it's his wife who is the daughter of billionaires and his own parents had to take on extra work to pay for him to attend a private school (the indignity!)

Will be fascinating to see Sunak v Starmer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 27, 2020 9:36 PM

Sunak and Starmer at Tanagra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 27, 2020 9:40 PM

Rushing has BDF.

by Anonymousreply 30September 27, 2020 9:46 PM

RIshi ^ Fucking autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 31September 27, 2020 9:47 PM

Fox has alleged backing from someone I won't name. Look into right wing media. It's there if you look. The media involved will push and promote him with glowing articles and lots of Is he the answer to the radical liberals destroying our country etc. I heard this from a very good media source.

by Anonymousreply 32September 27, 2020 9:48 PM

R25, but you expect us to believe a rich guy like Trump cares about the poor?

by Anonymousreply 33September 27, 2020 9:48 PM

Lawrence wants his new party to celebrate British history.

Because the experience of the last few years has taught us that the Brits aren't quite self-congratulatory enough yet when it comes to story of their past., and are altogether far too mild and unassuming on the world stage.

by Anonymousreply 34September 27, 2020 9:50 PM

Bitch should be sheltering in place in his posh London abode instead of trying to pass himself off as some noble white knight defending British culture.

by Anonymousreply 35September 27, 2020 9:51 PM

E33 You interpret what I said to imply I believe TRUMP cares for the poor?! Hahahaha of course he doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 36September 28, 2020 11:24 AM

That should be R33

by Anonymousreply 37September 28, 2020 11:24 AM

His sisters Megan and Vivica A. must be appalled right now.

by Anonymousreply 38September 28, 2020 11:27 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 28, 2020 11:34 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 28, 2020 11:36 AM

Hideous.

by Anonymousreply 41September 28, 2020 11:37 AM

He needs an intervention. I suspect drugs are involved. If I were there I would take him firmly in hand.

by Anonymousreply 42September 28, 2020 11:45 AM

Which alt-right DataLounger is he?

by Anonymousreply 43September 28, 2020 11:49 AM

He's dumb as a post, so find the dimmest alt-right troll on DL and you'll have your prime suspect, R43.

by Anonymousreply 44September 28, 2020 11:53 AM

[quote] Fox has alleged backing from someone I won't name. Look into right wing media. It's there if you look. The media involved will push and promote him with glowing articles and lots of Is he the answer to the radical liberals destroying our country etc. I heard this from a very good media source.

R32 C’mon, spill

by Anonymousreply 45September 28, 2020 12:01 PM

[quote] Lawrence wants his new party to celebrate British history.

There's nothing wrong with that. How does it help your country if all you do is tear it down and point out its flaws and sins. You need to teach the good with the bad. That's how students can learn that wrong, even evil, practices and laws can be overcome.

Historically England's fight to end slavery and the slave trade is as important as that of its use of slaves.

Similarly, the US history of the civil rights battle is as important as its sorry history of slavery.

Both countries may have subjugated and conquered other lands and peoples in their histories but they also rose to the occasion and saved the world during WW2 at great sacrifice to both nations - well England more so.

by Anonymousreply 46September 28, 2020 12:25 PM

Media companies have realised it's cheap and effective to look at social media to see what people are arguing about and then get wannabe celebrities and barely adequate journalists to come on tv or radio and talk about it, which then generates clips that go viral and more people talk about it.

Ask Sarkar is the left wing version of Fox who became a celebrity after her "I'm literally a communist you idiot" appearance on The Piers Morgan Show. She boosted her Twitter following, she gets invited into more shows because producers know she'll make controversial statements that go viral, she gets more followers etc. It's the same thing that happened to Katie Hopkins and that Milo twat.

The media's insistence on regular slots featuring Arseholes With Opinions will forever benefit low grade celebrity arseholes like Fox who want the attention.

Just imagine how much better the world would be without Darren Grimes, Owen Jones, Low Tax Chloe, Lady Grace Blakeley, Kate Andrews, Dr Aaron Bastani, Dawn Foster and Tom Harwood.

by Anonymousreply 47September 28, 2020 12:43 PM

[quote] It's the same thing that happened to Katie Hopkins and that Milo twat.

I never see of either of them now.

In the case of Milo he suddenly had so much money and attention - or maybe more money than he had ever had plus all that attention and he couldn't handle it so he blew his own wad.

but it's not as though the media is full of fascinating established brains whose place they were taking.

I think people with brains mostly keep their mouths shut. The real power is in anonymity and money. Not politics and journalism.

by Anonymousreply 48September 28, 2020 1:01 PM

This was last year within hours of Labour experiencing its worst defeat for 80 years.

The young woman is Grace Blakeley, the wealthy privately educated posho far left Corbyn supporter who in this clip is screaming at former Labour MP Jacqui Smith, the first woman to hold the Home Secretary role and former Labour advisor Ayesha Hazarika. Blakeley once told Hazarika, a working class Glaswegian Indian Muslim to "decolonise" her twitter feed.

After this clip went viral Blakeley boasted how many twitter followers she'd gained and how it meant she'd be invited on to more tv shows because of it.

Her and Fox are the same cheeks on the same shitty arsehole. They need each other to exist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 28, 2020 1:14 PM

[quote]he couldn't handle it so he blew his own wad.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 50September 28, 2020 1:20 PM

[quote]big cocked actor

Verificatia, please. r12 points to a rather average looking specimen.

by Anonymousreply 51September 28, 2020 1:21 PM

That Marxist economist (on the right-hand side of the clip in R49) doesn't shout as successfully as Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

And are you saying, R49, that SHE and Lawrence Fox are 'the same cheeks on the same . . . arsehole'? What do you mean by that?

by Anonymousreply 52September 28, 2020 1:35 PM

AOC has her flaws (doesn't everyone) but her speech where she responded to being called a bitch was pure class.

[quote]And are you saying, [R49], that SHE and Lawrence Fox are 'the same cheeks on the same . . . arsehole'? What do you mean by that?

Well fuck me, that's awful English on my part, I do apologise.

I meant to say. "Blakeley and Fox are two cheeks on the same arse" and that it's an arse with an especially shitty arsehole in need of a good wipe.

Blakeley fancies herself as an economist and wrote a book about the banks called Stolen, except it was torn to shred by actual economists because she was unable to explain what capital was. Her excuse was that she was only 25 when she wrote it.

by Anonymousreply 53September 28, 2020 1:52 PM

Go take down the lefties "who are just as bad" as Milo and Katie in your own thread, dear.

by Anonymousreply 54September 28, 2020 2:14 PM

R46, In English classrooms kids don't even learn about the history of Northern Ireland or the Troubles. English kids are taught about the monarchy and the war and not much else

by Anonymousreply 55September 28, 2020 2:16 PM

Monarchy and the War are all that matters!

by Anonymousreply 56September 28, 2020 2:32 PM

[quote]Go take down the lefties "who are just as bad" as Milo and Katie in your own thread, dear.

I didn't include Milo and Katie in the "just as bad" list, I compared the background of how they gained their notoriety.

Ask Sarkar became famous for shouting at Piers Morgan, Katie Hopkins became famous for shouting at fat people and people who call their kids Kevin. It was by creating controversial tv.

It was left wing Dr Aaron Bastani who had to pay damages and issue an apology to Maajid Nawaz after, in his own words, he "engaged in anti Muslim bigotry" by calling a Muslim he disagree with a terrorist. Katie Hopkins hates muslims too.

by Anonymousreply 57September 28, 2020 2:38 PM

Thanks for ruining Gosford Park, dude.

by Anonymousreply 58September 28, 2020 2:46 PM

He grew disinterested in his acting career and became difficult because he wanted his music to be taken seriously. However, while he is undoubtedly good on screen his music really isn’t much of anything. So that went nowhere.

Someone I know worked with him and he’s just a bit of a dick. I think he may regret this.

by Anonymousreply 59September 28, 2020 3:25 PM

I don't think so. This is his first step. He might become a force to be reckoned with.

I don't think he deserves to be sneered at.

But those tattoos look like a childish misfire.

by Anonymousreply 60September 28, 2020 3:51 PM

He once was a good actor. I found him both wooden and over-the-top as Lord Palmerston in that Victoria series. I wonder, if they restart, if they will have him back now. I also wonder why his acting got so bad. Perhaps he can only play younger roles.

by Anonymousreply 61September 28, 2020 3:56 PM

He's a pathetic fucking prick and his foray into politics will be as short-lived as it is embarrassing.

Another example of someone who didn't know when to shut up and hence torpedoed his entire career.

Plus he's offensively ugly to look at, so hopefully he sinks without a trace asap.

by Anonymousreply 62September 28, 2020 4:00 PM

Drugs and desperation. Nothing worse than an actor that nobody pays attention to.

by Anonymousreply 63September 28, 2020 4:08 PM

[quote][R46], In English classrooms kids don't even learn about the history of Northern Ireland or the Troubles. English kids are taught about the monarchy and the war and not much else

I went to a British secondary school during a Conservative government and in our history lessons we covered the the Romans, the industrial revolution, the Irish famine, the "discovery" of Australia (most of which covered Aborigines before colonisation) the suffragette movement and the rise of the Nazis. For English literature we read to To Kill A Mockingbird and Talking In Whispers, which was about the Junta in Chile and some awful Doris Lessing shite alongside the usual Austen, Hardy, Shakespeare Blake etc.

This is the history curriculum of a random British secondary school at the present

Year 7 (aged 11) - Romans, Normans, Magna Carter, Black Death, Tudor Monarchs

Year 8 (aged 12) - Slavery, British Empire, Industrial Revolution, Chartists, War and the 20th Century

Year 9 (aged 13) - American Civil Rights, The Holocaust, Medical advances

Year 10 (aged 14) - Normans and 1st World War in more detail

Year 11 (aged 15) - Germany: post WW1, the depression and rise of the Nazis.

This doesn't include the aspects of history they'll learn through English literature, drama, geography, religious education, science etc.

by Anonymousreply 64September 28, 2020 4:24 PM

[quote]Nothing worse than an actor that nobody pays attention to.

I used to follow him on twitter. When he started posting boring personal details and pics about his life, I stopped. A lot of people do that on twitter - in no time it's "what do you think of my ass in these jeans"? Which is what he started doing.

by Anonymousreply 65September 28, 2020 4:28 PM

And r65?

What DID you think of his ass in those jeans?

by Anonymousreply 66September 28, 2020 4:30 PM

He said "look how flat my ass is" - he wasn't looking for compliments. But I didn't care, either way, it wasn't why i was following him on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 67September 28, 2020 4:32 PM

I don't see why American civil rights should be covered on the British national curriculum.

by Anonymousreply 68September 28, 2020 4:33 PM

He had a nice ass but couldn't remain relevant forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 28, 2020 4:36 PM

In better times, big wobbly posh cock

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 28, 2020 4:39 PM

[quote]I don't see why American civil rights should be covered on the British national curriculum.

Because you're a white supremacist?

by Anonymousreply 71September 28, 2020 4:55 PM

No, because it's not British history, R71. American domestic issues aren't the international issues.

by Anonymousreply 72September 28, 2020 4:58 PM

The US Civil Rights movement is a paradigm of modern peaceful change. It had international consequences, R72. What's wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 73September 28, 2020 5:01 PM

Sorry R73, but that US-centric view of world history is pretty arrogant; the US civil rights movement was a domestic affair that isn't really applicable to countries that don't have the United States' very unique history of racial oppression, or its unique demographics. It also didn't have international consequences.

The British curriculum should be focusing on the Windrush generation and their experiences of oppression, which is actually applicable to the UK, none of which is mentioned in the summary at R64.

by Anonymousreply 74September 28, 2020 5:08 PM

[quote]No, because it's not British history, [R71]. American domestic issues aren't the international issues.

The American Civil Rights movement is British history. It's a direct impact of the slave trade created by, overseen (and admittedly then stopped) by the British,

by Anonymousreply 75September 28, 2020 5:09 PM

[quote]Sorry [R73], but that US-centric view of world history is pretty arrogant; the US civil rights movement was a domestic affair that isn't really applicable to countries that don't have the United States' very unique history of racial oppression, or its unique demographics. It also didn't have international consequences.

See my post above at R75

[quote]The British curriculum should be focusing on the Windrush generation and their experiences of oppression, which is actually applicable to the UK, none of which is mentioned in the summary at [R64].

Andrea Levy's Small Island is one of the books covered in English literature.

And do you think "Slavery and the British Empire" won't cover Jamaica and the West Indies?

by Anonymousreply 76September 28, 2020 5:15 PM

I went to secondary school in the Netherlands in the 1980s and 1990s and we absolutely covered the US Civil Rights Movement in our history classes. It should be part of any twentieth-century history curriculum and is by no means "US-centric," just part of any basic secondary education and essential to anyone's cultural literacy.

by Anonymousreply 77September 28, 2020 5:24 PM

He’s icky.

Brits age like milk.

And so many of them are nasty right-wingers.

by Anonymousreply 78September 28, 2020 5:29 PM

He's always had that druggy look about him. Not judging or anything--it's just rather at odds with the family man/country gent image he likes to cultivate.

by Anonymousreply 79September 28, 2020 5:33 PM

R71 The UK doesn’t have the same history as the US.

by Anonymousreply 80September 28, 2020 5:42 PM

[quote]Laurence Fox has had the words 'Freedom' and 'Space' tattooed on his hands

"Space" as in "Lebensraum"?

by Anonymousreply 81September 28, 2020 5:53 PM

He accused comic actress and Lewis co-star Rebecca Front of cancelling him after she quietly blocked him on social media after one of his embittered #AllLivesMatter rants. He proceeded to post text messages from her , in which she seems quite sane and polite, on his twitter page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 28, 2020 5:56 PM

[quote]I went to secondary school in the Netherlands in the 1980s and 1990s and we absolutely covered the US Civil Rights Movement in our history classes

So did I in Australia, in 2 lessons in a Modern History module called "War Or Peace? The Post WW2 Anglophone Sphere". We also watched Mississippi Burning.

by Anonymousreply 83September 28, 2020 6:00 PM

He's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 84September 28, 2020 8:03 PM

If the question is either Owen Jones or Lawrence Fox, then the answer is a self induced coma.

by Anonymousreply 85September 28, 2020 8:16 PM

Go take down the lefties "who are just as bad" as Milo and Katie in your own thread, dear.

by Anonymousreply 86September 28, 2020 9:36 PM

[quote]Go take down the lefties "who are just as bad" as Milo and Katie in your own thread, dear.

You've already posted that exact same sentence, hun.

Probably best to stop drinking and go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 87September 28, 2020 9:42 PM

Then stop telling us that Owen Jones is just as bad as Fox

by Anonymousreply 88September 28, 2020 9:43 PM

OP, You have misspelled his name. And you have described him as being unemployed; if you knew people in the business you's know that 90% of people in the business are 'UNDER-employed'.

R58 You must be very sensitive to have even noticed Fox in the very starry cast of 'Gosford Park'.

And R4's error is rather funny.

by Anonymousreply 89September 28, 2020 9:48 PM

R55, Karen Bradley, who was Northern Ireland secretary under Theresa May (how long ago that seems) proved that she didn't even have a basic understanding of the history of Northern Ireland or its political situation, even as an MP, when she gave an interview in which she stated that she didn't understand that Nationalists didn't vote for Unionists and vice-versa.

Karen Bradley is meant to be an educated and professional person. In 1998 when the Good Friday Agreement was signed she was a tax advisor with KPMG, yet apparently she didn't watch the news or read newspapers then.

It's not uncommon to see this kind of thing in England. Many English people don't even understand that Ireland is partitioned at all. There's a certain insularity and arrogant pride in ignorance which can be easily found there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 28, 2020 9:52 PM

[quote] Then stop telling us that Owen Jones is just as bad as Fox

Owen Jones is as bad as Fox. Neither are in the same league as Katie Hopkins though.

Read Stephen Bush’s review of Jones new book in which he rubbishes the Corbyn project he defended so vociferously at the time. And his grudge against Chuka Ummuna even goes so far as Jones trying to out him. He is the most pious little shit who ever tweeted.

by Anonymousreply 91September 28, 2020 9:57 PM

[quote]You must be very sensitive to have even noticed Fox in the very starry cast of 'Gosford Park'.

He was one of the two boys who turned up late - one of them fucked the maid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 28, 2020 10:15 PM

[quote] Owen Jones is as bad as Fox.

I'd love to see them taking turns fucking each other. It would be sooo hot.

by Anonymousreply 93September 28, 2020 11:22 PM

You have misspelled his name, R85.

But who do you want if both Fox and Jones send you into a coma?

Would you like the eye-popping, self-labelled 'black woman' Rachel Boyle from Fox's famous video?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 28, 2020 11:27 PM

Following in Reagan's footsteps.

by Anonymousreply 95September 29, 2020 12:28 AM

Jones is horrible. During the last election he was convinced Labour was winning and was tweeting that the large turnout in Johnson's constituency proved people were turning out in droves to vote against the Conservatives! He predicted Johnson would lose his seat! This is the election in which an area in Northumberland, where my mother's family is from, went Conservative after previously voting Labour in every election since there was a Labour Party. Oh my sides!

by Anonymousreply 96September 29, 2020 12:44 AM

^ I heard that in the last election Corbyn made a promise to tear up all the fees due to students going through tertiary education.

by Anonymousreply 97September 29, 2020 1:03 AM

Yes, and now the UK has a higher per capita death rate from COVID than the US, there were rucial shortages of PPE all summer and no-one can get a test. And the Johnson government just tore up its own Brexit deal on Northern Ireland after claiming it didn't know what it was signing. What larks.

by Anonymousreply 98September 29, 2020 1:16 AM

Do you think the government is responsible for the higher per capita death rate?

People down in Melbourne Australia blame their government for choosing to hire low-paid slovenly security guards who had sex with the infected and spread the disease further.

by Anonymousreply 99September 29, 2020 1:30 AM

Certainly at the beginning of the pandemic the UK government was slow to shut down, and allowed mass events (Cheltenham racing festival, Lewis Capaldi concert, Supergrass concert, etc) to continue, even as Northern Italy was going through a major public health emergency. The government's initial plan was to let the virus run through the population, until it had to reverse course because it was convinced the NHS was collapsed.

However, since then its handling of the pandemic has more often than not been marked by poor communication, many reversals of course, and incompetence. Not quite Trump levels, but bad enough.

December 2019 in the UK was one of those occasions in history in which the public very clearly made the wrong choice, and there will be huge consequences for the country.

by Anonymousreply 100September 29, 2020 1:40 AM

R100 I don't need a government leader to tell me what to do.

I listen to the scientists and take the necessary precautions. I don't need a leader to 'lead' me. I take responsibility for my own actions.

by Anonymousreply 101September 29, 2020 1:45 AM

R101 I am applauding respectfully.

by Anonymousreply 102September 29, 2020 2:07 AM

Re listening to the scientists: the Dutch government's top advisor on the pandemic, Jaap van Dissel, STILL insists that face masks are ineffective (can you imagine the arrogance? He knows something the rest of the world does not), and Prime Minister Rutte blindly follows his recommendations. The only reason the government has started recommending that people wear face coverings in stores and other public places is that the frustrated mayors of individual Dutch cities were considering making the masks mandatory, which would make the national government look unauthoritative and irresponsible by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 103September 29, 2020 2:55 AM

R46, I think the issue is some have decided that pointing out the flaws and the bad is synonymous with tearing down. It isn't. People who make something like this their main rally point is a red flag and suggests they are less about making sure a country's people knows its history and more about presenting a specific version of that history. That seems especially true in Fox's case since he's also on a tear about 'cancel culture'. Posters on Breitbart also do a similar oh no cancel culture/what about American history dance.

by Anonymousreply 104September 29, 2020 3:56 AM

My impression of Fox is that he is finding it uncomfortable not being given the deference he thinks he is entitled to. It's hard for him to accept that he hasn't been "cancelled", but is facing the consequences of sharing his uninformed and ignorant opinions in public. He's used to being respected without having earned it, and that is a new reality for him. This is common with rich people who are not used to being challenged by opposing views while growing up. They are emotionally and intellectually stunted.

by Anonymousreply 105September 29, 2020 4:48 AM

R105 You sound like a psychologist. How long have you spent listening to and assessing your patient, Laurence Fox?

by Anonymousreply 106September 29, 2020 5:22 AM

I think R105's assessment is not bad at all and certainly as legitimate as any other opinion expressed on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 107September 29, 2020 5:45 AM

[quote]December 2019 in the UK was one of those occasions in history in which the public very clearly made the wrong choice, and there will be huge consequences for the country.

In December 2019 the country had a choice between Johnson and Corbyn, a Jew obsessed crank who was unable to show any leadership on Brexit (I'll be neutral!) and had sided with Russia following the Novichok poisonings in London. Even if you don't care about the Skripals, a British police officer was seriously ill and a British woman died.

I'll say it again - in an election called because of the stalemate on Brexit, Jeremy Corbyn HAD NO OPINION AND REMAINED NEUTRAL.

And how amazing would it be to have Prime Minister Corbyn leading the response to Covid while his fellow crank brother Piers organises anti lockdown protests with Nazi David Icke and the British Union of Fascists.

[quote]Jones is horrible. During the last election he was convinced Labour was winning and was tweeting that the large turnout in Johnson's constituency proved people were turning out in droves to vote against the Conservatives!

The most unforgiveable thing Labour did in that campaign was to make every effort to stop Luciana Berger winning Finchley and Golders Green. Labour activists were redirected away from marginals with one purpose: stop the pro European seat with a significant Jewish population to stop the pro European Jewish woman bullied out of Labour from winning. Corbyn's horrible wife Laura Alvarez was there too, the British Melania.

And let's not forget Corbyn's decision to overlook sexual assault and harassment allegations at his close friends, notably Kelvin Hopkins, David Prescott and Pete Willsman.

If anyone wants clear info about the moral debasement that Corbyn and his cronies brought to the Labour Party, read Left Out by Gabriel Pogrand and Patrick Maguire.

It's people like ConcernedEuropean who clearly saw it happening but tolerated it, BECAUSE ISRAEL, and they are as much to blame for the current situation as the RED WALL GAMMON they hate so much.

This is the climate which has allowed people like Laurence Fox to thrive.

by Anonymousreply 108September 29, 2020 6:56 AM

Alvarez is Corbyn's horrible *third* wife, R108, making the comparison with Melania even more apt.

by Anonymousreply 109September 29, 2020 7:43 AM

[quote]Alvarez is Corbyn's horrible *third* wife, [R108], making the comparison with Melania even more apt.

And the British Melania has similar step children too.

Sebastian Corbyn is the British Ivanka, given a nice well paid job as Chief of Staff for Daddy's best friend John McDonnell, Sebastian had no experience for the role, the job was never advertised and he didn't interview for it alongside anyone else

Benjamin Corbyn is the British Tiffany, largely anonymous

Tommy Corbyn is the British Donald Jnr/Eric hybrid, a horrible thug who bullies Jewish women on Twitter, frequently retweets notoriously racist accounts. Abysmal attempts at setting up a business ended a few months later with over £100k worth of debt and his investors out of pocket.

It's funny that this comment about Fox equally applies to the very posh middle class Corbyn.

[quote]My impression of Fox is that he is finding it uncomfortable not being given the deference he thinks he is entitled to. It's hard for him to accept that he hasn't been "cancelled", but is facing the consequences of sharing his uninformed and ignorant opinions in public. He's used to being respected without having earned it, and that is a new reality for him. This is common with rich people who are not used to being challenged by opposing views while growing up. They are emotionally and intellectually stunted.

Remember the excuses of "Jeremy handled antisemitism in Labour so badly because he was too upset at being called a racist?"

by Anonymousreply 110September 29, 2020 8:10 AM

[quote]Alvarez is Corbyn's horrible *third* wife, [R108], making the comparison with Melania even more apt.

And the British Melania has similar step children too.

Sebastian Corbyn is the British Ivanka, given a nice well paid job as Chief of Staff for Daddy's best friend John McDonnell, Sebastian had no experience for the role, the job was never advertised and he didn't interview for it alongside anyone else

Benjamin Corbyn is the British Tiffany, largely anonymous

Tommy Corbyn is the British Donald Jnr/Eric hybrid, a horrible thug who bullies Jewish women on Twitter, frequently retweets notoriously racist accounts. Abysmal attempts at setting up a business ended a few months later with over £100k worth of debt and his investors out of pocket.

It's funny that this comment about Fox equally applies to the very posh middle class Corbyn.

[quote]My impression of Fox is that he is finding it uncomfortable not being given the deference he thinks he is entitled to. It's hard for him to accept that he hasn't been "cancelled", but is facing the consequences of sharing his uninformed and ignorant opinions in public. He's used to being respected without having earned it, and that is a new reality for him. This is common with rich people who are not used to being challenged by opposing views while growing up. They are emotionally and intellectually stunted.

Remember the excuses of "Jeremy handled antisemitism in Labour so badly because he was too upset at being called a racist?"

by Anonymousreply 111September 29, 2020 8:10 AM

I've never heard of the cunt. That seems to be his problem.

by Anonymousreply 112September 29, 2020 8:18 AM

[quote] People down in Melbourne Australia blame their government for choosing to hire low-paid slovenly security guards who had sex with the infected and spread the disease further.

And people in the rest of Australia blame Melburnians for refusing to add-isolate like the rest of us in an attempt to pwn the Labor government, and for Victoria for having the largest proportion of anti-vaxxers, QAnon cranks and tin-hatters than the rest of the states combined.

by Anonymousreply 113September 29, 2020 8:37 AM

Guys, there is a single clown here posting about Owen Jones. Who gives a fuck if he hates Corbyn?

“Lozza” and his supporters and especially his music is vastly more offensive that anything in the history of the Labour Party, and I say this as a Jew.

by Anonymousreply 114September 29, 2020 8:43 AM

R114, Laurence says "your opinion is as valid as anyone else’s. We all have a right to speak.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 29, 2020 8:51 AM

All these right-wing-nut-jobs hate every ethnicity minority OTHER than Jews.

Like Sarah Palin.

by Anonymousreply 116September 29, 2020 9:36 AM

[quote]Guys, there is a single clown here posting about Owen Jones. Who gives a fuck if he hates Corbyn? “Lozza” and his supporters and especially his music is vastly more offensive that anything in the history of the Labour Party, and I say this as a Jew.

ASAJEW you really didn't have a problem with a Labour member emailing a Nazi website to ask for a high resolution version of some Neo Nazi artwork, sharing it online, and then NOT being suspended because some cranks decided the image was anti Israel and not anti Jewish? ASAJEW you don't have a problem with a Jewish MP needing a police bodyguard to attend a Labour conference? ASAJEW you don't have a problem with Corbyn's senior team disciplining a junior team member for sending a tweet from Corbyn's account that was TOO CRITICAL of antisemitism?

You don't seem to be willing to accept that Laurence Fox coexists with all the other wannabe celebrity controversialists who stoke up outrage online, get invited onto tv and build their brand from that. Fox's worth as a celebrity arsehole is directly linked to the twats who keep defending Corbyn. As long as there is something to balance Fox with, he'll keep getting attention.

Coming up next on GMTV we're joined by Laurence Fox and Grace Blakeley to discuss something outrageous someone said, something no one really cares about but will get their fringe supporters even more outraged than they were before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 29, 2020 10:29 AM

What is the British equivalent of "energizing the base"?

by Anonymousreply 118September 29, 2020 10:40 AM

He played Prince Charles in a rather bad made for tv movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 29, 2020 10:44 AM

[quote]Yes, and now the UK has a higher per capita death rate from COVID than the US

No, R98, the US overtook us on that awful metric over a week ago and even with the second wave starting up now in the UK the US is still surging ahead. Bear in mind that the majority of our deaths occurred before anyone really knew what Covid did and how to treat it at all and it makes the US figures look even worse.

Part of the problems with testing is that somehow the government has managed to increase testing, so that of actual tests performed daily, the UK is only beaten by a few smaller countries like Denmark, Iceland and Malta. Somehow, this has also transformed into an increased demand for testing from the public, so that we now have real issues with meeting them. Maybe with the government's disastrous handling of Brexit the UK could qualify for some of those new quick Covid tests that the WHO is distributing to poorer countries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 29, 2020 11:05 AM

hahahahaha someone on here is obsessed.

Luciana Berger is mainly popular with a few of her media friends who attempted to turn her into a martyr, despite acres and acres of positive coverage from breathless centrist journalists when she joined 'Change UK' (lol) they were a laughing stock within weeks. Then she slunk into the Lib Dems as a very last-minute gambit to save her career, still failing miserably in Finchley and Golders Green, which as you have pointed out is possibly the most Jewish seat in britain, and in London, and a Remain area. Mike Freer the Conservative MP doubled his majority relative to 2017.

Of course the Labour party is going to contest all seats in Britain just as any other national party will. Berger needed to convert all her friendly media into a win. She didn't, and she is now a well-deserved footnote in history.

by Anonymousreply 121September 29, 2020 10:44 PM

Re: Brexit, Corbyn promised a second referendum on Brexit.

Jo Swinson, the Lib Dems, and the rest of the 'Remain Alliance' (lol) should have backed that. They would have had a second referendum and everything to play for.

Instead they decided to shut out Corbyn and to push for a General Election at a time most favourable to the Tories.

The result? Swinson loses her seat, Lib Dems have 2 taxis' worth of MPs, Brexit becomes unavoidable fact, No Deal with the EU looks likely, a hard border in Ireland looks likely. Four years with a big tory majority during which Dominic Cummings can do whatever he likes.

Well-fucking-done Swinson and 'Remain Alliance', you pack of stupid cunts. You have exactly what you deserve

by Anonymousreply 122September 29, 2020 10:47 PM

[quote]And let's not forget Corbyn's decision to overlook sexual assault and harassment allegations at his close friends, notably Kelvin Hopkins, David Prescott and Pete Willsman.

Shades of Gerry Healy - Why are British leftists required to prove their bona fides by ignoring sexual abuse?

by Anonymousreply 123September 30, 2020 12:58 AM

Big fucking dick.

He has one, he is one.

by Anonymousreply 124September 30, 2020 1:02 AM

The rise of self-assigned “Classical Liberal” people like Fox shows that now they can’t moan about Brexit or Meghan Markle ruining Britain, they turn their hate inwards. Their only real aim is to Pwn The Left.

by Anonymousreply 125September 30, 2020 6:20 AM

~ ~ ~

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 30, 2020 6:59 AM

ConcernedEuropean is one of the nastiest Jew baiting trolls on Datalounge.

[quote]Luciana Berger is mainly popular with a few of her media friends who attempted to turn her into a martyr,

During her time as an MP Berger saw SIX men convicted of racially abusing her. She faced an onslaught of rape and death threat which increased every time she spoke about about them, and received more and more abuse from WITHIN THE LABOUR PARTY every time she spoke out about it.

In the end she walked away, 8 months pregnant. And ConcernedEuropean calls her a "martyr". Fucking disgusting racist.

It is possible to look at the abuse Berger receives, to look at the abuse Diane Abbott receives and to condemn both equally and without any buts or howevers. It's just a shame you can't do.

No one should be surprised, ConcernedEuropean posted in another thread that the reason 85% of British Jews thinking Corbyn was a racist due is not due to him ACTUALLY BEING A RACIST and all the evidence to support it, but because their Rabbis told them to.

Just imagine if Boris Johnson had been standing against a Labour leader who had the moral authority to challenge him a career of articles using racist, homophobic and misogynistic language and didn't have a lifelong commitment to racism himself.

You can blame the Lib Dems but Corbyn did more than anyone to enable Boris Johnson, and as one of his biggest supporters who refuses to see any failings, we have you to thank for the current situation, which includes the elevation of Fox as someone who has views worth listening to. I hope you find some comfort in that. xoxo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 30, 2020 7:39 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 30, 2020 9:07 AM

Did Laurence enjoy working with DL fave Riz Ahmed? IIRC, Riz character killed Laurence's character in WIRED.

Riz then went on to fuck Laurence's ex-wife Billie Piper's character in City of Tiny Lights. It's all so incestuous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 30, 2020 10:12 AM

R128. That was Bastini 10 years ago when he went by the name of Aaron Peters. He doesn’t look like that now.

His biggest contribution to British life, other than be a laughing stock on Twitter (the Lionel Messi tweet a highlight), is contribute a top quality mansplaining meme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130September 30, 2020 10:19 AM

My fan at R127 has been taking his debating lessons from Trump.

He brings up the people convicted of making death threats against Luciana Berger. He neglects to mention that none of the people who made death threats were members of the Labour party. In fact the majority were far-right activists and neo-nazis, like the person linked below. Of course R127 didn't mention this, so he could gull people in this thread into thinking it was somehow Corbyn's fault. R127 is a filthy liar.

I absolutely condemn all death threats against Berger, Abbott or anyone else, from whatever source. The difference between me and R127 is that he likely danced around the room in joy when hearing of Berger's death threats, because he knew he could misrepresent them to make a cheap political point, as he has done here.

R127 also believes the Labour party should have lain down so that Berger could have been elected unopposed. He is strangely silent about Mike Freer MP, who actually beat Berger. Is he anti-semitic too? Are the Finchley and Golders Green voters who chose someone else also anti-semitic?

"but because their Rabbis told them to."

You strange, hysterical crayon muncher. I never mentioned anyone's rabbi! You are making things up out of whole cloth now.

I stand by my opinion that Luciana Berger brought little to the table nationally that we are now missing. But if some English seat wants to elect her in future, they are welcome to do so. I will be mainly working to get those nations of the UK I care most about away from Westminster so that they are no longer governed by Tories or by ersatz Tories, like Berger and her Change UK (lol)/Lib Dem comrades in arms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131September 30, 2020 4:49 PM

[quote]He brings up the people convicted of making death threats against Luciana Berger. He neglects to mention that none of the people who made death threats were members of the Labour party. In fact the majority were far-right activists and neo-nazis, like the person linked below. Of course [R127] didn't mention this, so he could gull people in this thread into thinking it was somehow Corbyn's fault. [R127] is a filthy liar.

See below.

You're just a rancid old cunt who will always defend far left Jew hate whenever you see it. Your had a few years in the limelight, your politics failed and we're left with a hard right government as a result, so just crawl back under your stone and don't back out for another 30 years. And take Laurence Fucking Fox with you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 30, 2020 5:09 PM

From your source

" Nicholas Nelson, 29, WHO IS JEWISH, sent threatening emails to Luciana Berger and Ruth Smeeth because he felt they were ‘smearing’ the Labour leader...... "

Emphasis added. You fucking thick cunt. You are too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 133September 30, 2020 5:15 PM

[quote]You are too stupid to live.

Hey wait a goddamn minute!

by Anonymousreply 134September 30, 2020 5:17 PM

Jewish people can be racist cunts, just like you. He's also a Jeremy Corbyn supporter, just like you.

by Anonymousreply 135September 30, 2020 5:18 PM

Oh yeah, and Nick Nelson never sent any death threats.

Calling someone a 'vile useless cunt' is not very nice, admittedly, but on occasion it is necessary.

For example, R127/R132 is a vile useless cunt. A gibbon sitting jacking off in a pile of its own shit would make a better political interlocutor than this creep.

by Anonymousreply 136September 30, 2020 5:20 PM

He looks like one of those gits from the Monty Python skit.

by Anonymousreply 137September 30, 2020 5:20 PM

Really hoping ConcernedEuropean doesn't die a truly horrible death from Covid and gets to see Kamala Harris and her Jewish husband in the White House and Keir Starmer and his Jewish wife in Downing Street.

He'll be so upset he'll have to watch Son Of Saul on a loop to cheer himself up.

The far left are slowly but surely being snuffed out in the UK, ConcernedEuropean and his ilk are scurrying back into the shadows where they belong and Labour will be able to exert some moral authority again and focus on the Laurence Fox Daily Mail types.

GIFs don't seem to work on Datalounge anymore, so just imagine Kirsten Dunst in Bring It On saying "Bye Bye".

by Anonymousreply 138September 30, 2020 5:31 PM

Keir Starmer in Downing St?

He'll have to find a way to replace 53 non-Tory seats in Scotland first. Good luck with that. The UK itself is being slowly snuffed out.

I wouldn't count on 'Sir' (lol) Keir, English centrists, you have saddled yourselves with the Tories for another decade, and how richly you deserve them.

by Anonymousreply 139September 30, 2020 5:33 PM

🚨 EXCLUSIVE: @LozzaFox accepts that Reclaim will be seen as a ‘culture wars Ukip’ because of the influence it might bring to bear on the Conservatives

Laurence Fox is launching his own party to champion the right of people to say what they believe, without being shouted down

✍️ In six days, 10,000 people have registered their support

🤔 What are Reclaim's policies?

Fox is less certain on the detail, although he does express doubts about the Government’s handling of Covid-19, asking why ministers just cannot trust people not to spread the virus rather than impose restrictions.

A former Labour voter and Remain supporter, Fox is damning about Sir Keir Starmer, who was photographed ‘taking the knee’ to honour #BlackLivesMatter  protesters

@LozzaFox says: It’s what he’s kneeling to that annoys me

EXCLUSIVE: Listen to the full interview with @christopherhope and @LozzaFox on:

💷 How he secured a £5 million donation

👀 Whose voters he hopes to pinch

🎭 How becoming an anti-woke figurehead has had a 'devastating' effect on his acting career

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 3, 2020 2:17 AM

So why is the venerable Christopher Hope interviewing an "Alt-Right" person at r140?

Does this mean the Telegraph is now "Alt-Right"?

by Anonymousreply 141October 4, 2020 5:25 PM

He's NOT ALT anything.

by Anonymousreply 142October 4, 2020 5:34 PM

[quote]So why is the venerable Christopher Hope interviewing an "Alt-Right" person at [R140]?

The Telegraph is interviewing celebrity controversialists because their readers like it and it generates income from clickbait.

The Guardian do it too with left wing celebrity controversialists.

The outrage it stokes up gets people click click clicking and every one win$.

by Anonymousreply 143October 4, 2020 5:39 PM

Sorry, r143, but I have read the Telegraph for my entire adult life and NEVER have I seen an "Alt-Right" person interviewed there.

Basically, if the Telegraph is interviewing him, there is no fucking way he is anything close to "Alt-Right" and OP is clearly an American hysteric who has no grasp of the British political landscape.

by Anonymousreply 144October 4, 2020 6:48 PM

R140 "Alt" is a meaningless description. English people shouldn't mindlessly adopt meaningless American slogans.

by Anonymousreply 145October 4, 2020 8:31 PM

Ok, kids. The “alt” I’m alt-right doesn’t mean “alternative” or “indie” or “edgy”.

The term alt-right comes from the newsgroup alt.right discussing fringe right wing politics. “Alt” in Usenet was a nonspecific hierarchy.

Laurence Fox was became politicised after his divorce afte he emptied his sons’ education fund going to court to get more of Billie Piper’s money. He went to YouTube and became a fan of Peterson and Molyneaux. He’s a Trump supporter. He has very big issues with mixed race people, black people and what he perceives as black culture. He despises women.

He is not a “classical liberal”. He most definitely is of the alt-right.

by Anonymousreply 146October 4, 2020 9:16 PM

[quote]He has very big issues with mixed race people, black people and what he perceives as black culture. He despises women.

Nonsense....woke idiot clone.

by Anonymousreply 147October 4, 2020 10:01 PM

Yes he does. Read anything he tweets.

by Anonymousreply 148October 5, 2020 12:26 AM

[quote] I don't think so. This is his first step. He might become a force to be reckoned with.

No, he won't.

[quote] I don't think he deserves to be sneered at.

Yes, he absolutely does deserve that.

[quote] But those tattoos look like a childish misfire.

To me they look like a very accurate representation of his personality and decision-making abilities.

by Anonymousreply 149October 5, 2020 12:40 AM

R146 It's sloppy reporting to use American descriptions for this British man.

Sloppy reporting is just as bad as fake news. Why don't you quote the actual words instead of second-hand sloppiness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 5, 2020 12:48 AM

Jesus. All these right wing losers look at Donald and think "Hey, I could do that!" So they start screeching far-right craziness, racism and hatred for anyone who isn't dumb and white like they are, and they're off put themselves on the ballot.

Vote for me, I've had years of training to become a skilled professional liar and I hate everyone who isn't almost exactly like me.

I can't believe British people are quite as stupid as Americans, I don't think he'll get very far at all.

by Anonymousreply 151October 5, 2020 12:49 AM

I think this is a very good idea. Rather than being a faction infecting the rest of rhe party, a party of the alt right is a healthy thing. Wish a similar thing would happen in the US.

by Anonymousreply 152October 5, 2020 12:59 AM

He's a wanna-be Oswald Mosely.

by Anonymousreply 153October 5, 2020 1:03 AM

R153 How is Oswald Mosely relevant?

by Anonymousreply 154October 5, 2020 1:07 AM

Lawrence is sexy AF. I'd drain his fat uncut English dick.

by Anonymousreply 155October 5, 2020 1:14 AM

If you knew anything about Oswald Mosely you'd know exactly how he's relevant. Google is there for you, hunny bunny.

A fascist is a fascist is a fascist is a fascist is a fascist is a fascist is a dumb fucking cunt.

Vote for Lozza "Oswald Mosely" Fox of the Taliban Party!

by Anonymousreply 156October 5, 2020 1:18 AM

I've had a look around since reading this thread and he's getting an enormous - ENORMOUS - amount of support in the comments under every DM, Telegraph and Spectator article about him.

I wouldn't write him off just yet.

by Anonymousreply 157October 5, 2020 1:18 AM

BTW Oswald Mosley's surname was spelled as M O S L E Y.

And those gold things behind Obama are 'fasces'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158October 5, 2020 1:19 AM

We don't care how he spelled it, we all know exactly which fascist cunt we're talking about and why we're talking about him in relation to fascist cunt Lozzafox.

As for Obama and the fasces, meh, you took a weird turn there, kid. The only one that matters in the photo is the smaller black set of them on our left. That's the Mace of the Republic and is actually a tool of political power wielded by the Speaker of the House. If any member is out of line, the Speaker can direct the Sergeant at Arms to take the Mace to the offending member and make him/her shut the hell up and sit the hell down. It is rarely used but she has a very nice pin replica of it.

by Anonymousreply 159October 5, 2020 1:28 AM

This thread clearly displays the great cultural divide between the people of Britain and those who chose to reject Britain.

by Anonymousreply 160October 5, 2020 1:34 AM

Rachel Boyle should set up a political party instead of basking in the protected groves of Academia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 5, 2020 1:37 AM

New interview:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 5, 2020 8:25 AM

Face is totally broken @R162. But still sexy as he'll.

by Anonymousreply 163October 5, 2020 8:39 AM

He voted Remain and his new party is focussing on cultural preservation issues such as defending individual civil liberties, holding the BBC to its charter agreement, and preserving monuments. The party is specifically NOT going to deal with any immigration questions and will have no platform of the subject, so the accusation that he is "Alt-Right" seems completely wrong.

The party's main purpose seems to be lighting a fire under the Conservative Party on cultural preservation issues by threatening to steal away the millions of conservative voters who have long been demanding that the Conservative Party more robustly defend traditional rights of free speech and freedom of association.

This is hardly outrageous stuff, far less "Alt-Right". OP is a moron.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 5, 2020 10:54 AM

Meanwhile, another new "Cultural preservation" party is being started, on some similar grounds to Fox's Reclaim, by UKIP top candidate David Kurten.

Kurten's Heritage Party is to the right of Fox's more centrist party, as Heritage is hardline pro-Brexit and hardline anti-mass immigration as well as seeking to entirely overhaul the education system along more traditional lines. Aside from that, Heritage, like Reclaim, wants to restore individual liberties, rein in the BBC, etc etc.

David Kurten is black, by the way, though I'm sure that won't stop OP from lazily pronouncing him to be "Alt-right".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165October 5, 2020 11:24 AM

[quote] Laurence Fox was became politicised after his divorce afte he emptied his sons’ education fund going to court to get more of Billie Piper’s money.

Billie Piper pulled a parental alienation move on him like Angelina Jolie tried to do with Brad Pitt. Unfortunately for Fox he didn't have the money that Brad Pitt has and couldn't fight her in the courts as well as Pitt has been able to do with Jolie. Both ex-wives, however, succeeded in some measure and that's why he drained his savings and all his money. You sound like a Billie Piper fan.

Fox is being smeared by the far left just like those who think the trans mob has gone too far in their fight against women are being smeared as "transphobes". and "haters".

by Anonymousreply 166October 5, 2020 2:08 PM

He is alt-right.

He’s deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 167October 5, 2020 2:15 PM

Diamond and Silk are alt-right as well, r165, as were a number of black supporters of UKIP and Farage.

Horse Face is an angry man, bitter than his lack of talent hasn’t got him the career of Cumberbatch or Redmayne, bitter that his pop star wife has an Olivier, and has all the hallmarks of someone who educated himself via Ben Shapiro on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 168October 5, 2020 2:19 PM

Fox is very talented. He's excellent in everything I've seen him in. Dragging his acting talent is sorta stupid and not very relevant.

by Anonymousreply 169October 5, 2020 2:37 PM

He claimed that his lack of employment in BBC productions is evidence of their discrimination against posh people. 🤪

Gee, someone tell Tom “The Night Manager” Hiddleston, Benedict “Sherlock” Cumberbatch and Emilia “Silent Witness” Fox.

His thoroughly mediocre talent and lack of stardom has everything to do with his political world view.

by Anonymousreply 170October 5, 2020 3:02 PM

LOL! Again, dragging his talent as an actor - which is unquestionable - doesn't help your political arguments against him.

by Anonymousreply 171October 5, 2020 3:20 PM

'I want to keep statues up' is not a lasting foundation on which to build a political party.

He is already dogwhistling mightily about racial issues, and criticising Starmer for taking the knee, so that's the direction he's going in.

The delicious irony is that none of these 'save our glorious heritage/we love our country' movements seem to realise that their country has at most a couple of years left. Scottish independence is rapidly solidifying as a settled fact, yet I've never seen Fox or anyone like him even address this.

It could well come as an almighty shock to him. I very much hope he goes to campaign for the union in Glasgow when the time comes.

by Anonymousreply 172October 5, 2020 3:22 PM

You're absolutely wrong to try to smear Fox as racist. Your simplistic reduction of these issues doesn't further the discussion much. These are issues that do need to be discussed and a knee-jerk dismissal if opposing views won't get us there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 5, 2020 3:38 PM

Yeah, we're already going where we want to go and that's very very far away from "Lozza" and you and others who share your racist, reactionary views.

If you want to live some sort of backwards, isolated life, go and do so, best of luck. What you won't do is turn the rest of the world backwards with you.

by Anonymousreply 174October 5, 2020 6:28 PM

Oh dear, Lozza's only gone and done a Katie Hopkins.

The deputy person at Stonewall called Lozzaa racist so Lozza retaliated and called Stonewall man a paedophile. Now the Stonewall man has hired libel lawyer Mark Lewis, and you really REALLY don't want Mark Lewis coming at you with a libel action, as poor bankrupt Hopkins can confirm. Lewis also played a vital role in bringing down the News Of The World paper over phone hacking and won a huge payout from Facebook for Martin Lewis, the financial expert (no relation after Facebook allowed his image to be used on fake ads.

If Lozza has any sense he'll issue a grovelling apology.

Ironically, a lot of people who hate Lozza Fox hate Mark Lewis more because he's an uppity Jew who is representing the former Labour employees who became whistleblowers over Labour's institutional anti Jewish racism. And Corbyn himself is being sued.

It's almost as if racists can't get away with slandering those who point out that they're racist. Fancy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 5, 2020 7:06 PM

r172 Has no idea how British party politics works.

You are correct, r172 to say that the Reclaim party is not building a "lasting foundation" on its platform, anymore than UKIP's platform of leaving the EU was a "lasting foundation" once the Brexit vote was held.

That is not the idea behind these parties, either on the Left or the Right. Because of the First Past the Post voting system, it is vanishingly rare for any third party to gain a significant foothold in the party system.

Instead, they are used as a method to force the central parties to adjust their own platforms. The third party will establish itself on a platform that the majority of conservative voters want but which the Conservative party is not addressing. In this case civil liberties restoration, BBC reform, and the failure to protect statues from rioters. Then, if the third party is successful, enough voters switch registration away from the Conservative party to the new one that the Conservative party adopts the popular tenets of the third party's platform in order to get those voters back. If they fail to adapt in this way, the vote is split and the Conservative party loses the next election to its prime opposition, the Labour party.

People like Fox and Kurten know they will never be MPs, even if their parties get a huge amount of votes. Because of the FPtP voting system, rebel party UKIP won over a million votes but that only rendered them a single MP. By contrast, the Scottish Nationalist Party (an established 'central' party in Scotland) won a fraction of that same number of votes but won so many MP that they outnumbered English MPs at Westminster.

New parties are not designed to last, "Concerned European". They are designed to push policy reform in the moment. The mark of success of a 'rebel party' is if the central party adopts the rebel party's policies and thereby make the rebel party obsolete. UKIP doesn't exist now because the Conservative Party's platform now includes everything that was in the UKIP platform. This is why UKIP is so famous and we all know the name Nigel Farage. His party is considered one of the most successful rebel parties in the history of Britain. Was Farage ever an MP? Does he care? Probably not, because that was never the point of the exercise.

So, I doubt Fox and Kurten are expecting to join or form a government. More likely they are looking to gain enough popular support to become an effective thorn in the side of those already in government.

by Anonymousreply 176October 5, 2020 8:07 PM

As a result of everything laid out in in r176, job #1 for the Conservative Party will be to try to stamp out the Reclaim and the Heritage parties before they gain enough traction to pose a threat, so from here on in, Fox and Kurten will be subject to not just hate from the Labour activists but crucially, hate from the Tory establishment. The latter will train all their guns on the rebel parties and do their best to destroy them in any way possible.

So, for those who hate Fox for whatever reason, you ought to be rejoicing: his life is about to become an unremitting hell of being insulted and demonised at every turn by every MP, newspaper and television channel in GB.

Although he probably knows that already. It's a classic part of the model of Rebel Party politics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 5, 2020 8:22 PM

[quote] By contrast, the Scottish Nationalist Party (an established 'central' party in Scotland) won a fraction of that same number of votes but won so many MP that they outnumbered English MPs at Westminster.

I could answer R176's screed but I'll content myself with the delicious absurdity that someone who could write the sentence above can with a straight face accuse anyone of not understanding British politics.

by Anonymousreply 178October 5, 2020 8:23 PM

No, r178, not good enough. Prove me wrong. With evidence.

I know exactly what I am talking about, to the letter.

You, on the other hand probably don't even understand the majority of my post.

by Anonymousreply 179October 5, 2020 8:26 PM

[quote] I know exactly what I am talking about, to the letter.

You must be a troll. Surely?

Ok sport, here's some evidence and lesson one:

There are 533 English MPs at Westminster There are 48 SNP MPs.

I'll let you puzzle over where you went wrong for a bit before we go on to lesson 2.

by Anonymousreply 180October 5, 2020 8:30 PM

Ah, I see. I should have specified per capita representation. The SNP is commonly referred to as "outnumbering" not in a literal sense but in a party political sense because their MP's have a vastly outsized representative power per voter they represent. Forgive me for my wonk talk.

Ok, take on my other points. You said that there is no point to Fox's party and that he is doomed to "fail". Since you are such an expert on UK politics, why do you think that? From where I am, it looks like he has a reasonably decent chance of success.

by Anonymousreply 181October 5, 2020 8:35 PM

[quote]By contrast, the Scottish Nationalist Party (an established 'central' party in Scotland) won a fraction of that same number of votes but won so many MP that they outnumbered English MPs at Westminster.

I *think* the point this poster is trying to make about nationalism is that in the 2015 election if you consider UKIP as English nationalists then the result was:

Scottish Nationalists: 1,454,436 votes, 50 seats UKIP: 3,881,099 votes - 1 seats

And in 2017 it was:

Scottish Nationalist: 977,568 votes, 36 seats UKIP: 594,068 votes, 0 seats

by Anonymousreply 182October 5, 2020 8:36 PM

Don't expect Fox to be in a costume drama anytime soon with those words carved on his hand.

Make up can't do miracles!

by Anonymousreply 183October 5, 2020 8:40 PM

I've never heard that UKIP claimed it was a "nationalist" party, although I believe the Guardian would malign them as one. In England, to be Nationalist is to be far right and the term "nationalist" is an insult.

Meanwhile, it's one of the mysteries of British party politics, but the Scottish and Welsh Nationalist Parties are "establishment" parties and it is *not* a negative that they are called so. There are many days debate to be had on this and many books written on the subject, but to me this anomaly is because the Welsh and Scottish Nationalist parties are considered National independence movements, both of which are many many years old and hallowed through tradition.

by Anonymousreply 184October 5, 2020 8:43 PM

Thank you r182. Yes, and also your numbers prove that my memory is not as good as I thought it was. Yes it was the SNP who got a million and UKIP who got nearly 4.

The reason UKIP got so many fewer votes in 2017 as compared to 2015 is an example of my central point. By 2017, the Conservative Party had adopted most of UKIP's platform, so, many UKIP voters went back to the Conservatives and the UKIP became an officially spent force. Soon after the 2017 election, UKIP shut up shop for good.

by Anonymousreply 185October 5, 2020 8:49 PM

[quote]I've never heard that UKIP claimed it was a "nationalist" party, although I believe the Guardian would malign them as one. In England, to be Nationalist is to be far right and the term "nationalist" is an insult.

Seriously? Nigel Farage is the ultimate nationalist and his politics are very similar to Alex Salmond's when he was SNP leader. Both admire Putin and appear regularly on Russia propaganda tv, both blame all their failings on the union they're part of, both think leaving the union they blame everything on will be easy, and their union they leave will agree to all their demands because it's in their interests to. There are differences, but they have more in common.

by Anonymousreply 186October 5, 2020 8:51 PM

R186, UKIP is considered pro-Sovereignty, not pro-Natioanlist. "Nationalist has entirely different connotations in England. The British Nationalist Party was an openly racist, anti-semitic party led by a nasty piece of work called Nick Griffin. Griffin has been consigned to the dustbin of history.

The Guardian and the BBC initially tried to claim UKIP was like the BNP, but it was unsuccessful in characterising it as such because UKIP is nothing like the BNP. The platform was totally different, and UKIP had a wide range of supporters. BNP had a small sliver of avowed and proud racists.

I don't really care to get into your Guardianised "UKIP is Nationalist" game - I voted Remain and we lost and that, unfortunately, is that. But even I can see that if UKIP were nationalist they would have never garnered the support they did. They were pro-Sovereignty, which is very different from Nationalist.

About Alex Salmond - the less said the better. Odious little man.

by Anonymousreply 187October 5, 2020 9:01 PM

Worth remembering that Nigel Farage has been the most influential figure in British politics over the last 15 years, despite losing 7 attempts to be elected to the House Of Commons and "only" ever being elected as a member of the European Parliament. Remainers/Pro EU campaigners really didn't help their cause by trying to cast the European Parliament as unimportant and irrelevant.

Incidentally I'd argue the second most influential figure in British politics is Len McCluskey. Miliband and Corbyn would not have been elected Labour leader without him, and without them, the Tories wouldn't have won the last 3 elections.

by Anonymousreply 188October 5, 2020 9:01 PM

No R181 I'll stay focused on your first idiocy for a bit longer if you don't mind. Your backtracking is amusing but ultimately not convincing.

Even if you pretend you were talking about votes per capita, there is no sense in which the SNP 'outnumbers' English MPs.

Trying to calculate how many votes, per party, elects an MP is a fools errand simply because you are not comparing like with like. The three main English parties (Labour, Conservative, Liberal Democrats) stand in all constituencies in England, Scotland, and Wales, and thus run up a lot of votes with their second- and third-place finishes which the SNP do not., since they only stand in Scotland

The issue of Scottish constituencies being on average smaller than English constituencies was also addressed back in 2005 when the number of Scottish seats was reduced from 72 to 59. Following that reform, the average Scottish constituency did still contain a few thousand fewer voters than the average English constituency, but not enough to describe the difference as 'vastly outsized', and, moreover, this difference is largely due to the very sparsely populated Highlands and Islands region, which, at Westminster, is divided between the SNP and the Liberal Democrats.

Now, onto Fox: I said that the statues issue was not in and of itself sufficient foundation to build a political party on, because I'm not convinced that statues and heritage will be a major political issue long-term, hence why I said that Fox was pivoting to try and build a base of support on a broader-based take on race in general (it won't have escaped his notice that he came to prominence over a row about Meghan Markle, diversity in BBC dramas etc).

As you point out UKIP are the marquee example of a new political party having an outsized impact, but you have to give credit where credit is due there - I am politically very unsympathetic but Farage was willing to put in the hard work for 20 years to build the party up to what it became. He was also helped immeasurably by having the European elections as a platform: a source of money, elected positions, attention, and one he could capitalise on since those elections were conducted by PR and since the voters didn't really care about them. Fox doesn't have the same opportunities, nor do I think he has the imagination, the charisma, or the staying power to fashion a lasting political niche for himself in their absence.

I will watch his future career with interest however and maybe he will prove me wrong.

by Anonymousreply 189October 5, 2020 9:05 PM

This is from the Atlantic two days ago. It's only gotten worse since then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190October 5, 2020 9:09 PM

R182 provides an illustration of the problem. You have to divide the total number of votes by the numbers of seats contested to come to a reasonable comparison. UKIP contested English seats, the SNP did not.

Even then the fact remains that the First Past the Post System is absolutely designed to reward parties who can concentrate their support as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 191October 5, 2020 9:10 PM

If she and Moscow don't have the votes...

Buh-bye Covid Amy and take your nasty fucking Handmaid with you.

by Anonymousreply 192October 5, 2020 9:11 PM

Actually, r189, I don't give a fuck what you want to focus on regards the SNP, r189. I don't care about the SNP.

But thank you for spending the rest of your post conceding to my central point.

I enjoy *your* backtracking, r189.

by Anonymousreply 193October 5, 2020 9:12 PM

[quote]I don't really care to get into your Guardianised "UKIP is Nationalist" game - I voted Remain and we lost and that, unfortunately, is that. But even I can see that if UKIP were nationalist they would have never garnered the support they did. They were pro-Sovereignty, which is very different from Nationalist.

I disagree. UKIP were very different from the British National Party under Griffin, and promoted themselves as anti EU, but they were ultimately a nationalist party. Farage is clearly a racist, many racists were attracted to the party, but they were not a racist organisation the way many labelled them as, I agree with you there, but UKIP's message was that of a nationalist party.

Nicola Sturgeon is ultimately a nationalist and so is Adam Price, the newish leader of Plaid Cymru. Price sees the route to Plaid boosting their profile as cranking up grievances. His call for Wales to receive "reparations" from the UK was rightly condemned. The problem Welsh nationalists have is the reliance on the Welsh language as a dividing line. More and more young people are becoming fluent in Welsh as a result of Welsh language education, but the economy is so weak that Welsh students go away to university (often English cities) and never return.

by Anonymousreply 194October 5, 2020 9:12 PM

[quote] I don't care about the SNP.

You should, R193. They are about to take your country away from you.

by Anonymousreply 195October 5, 2020 9:15 PM

Sorry, but UKIP were not nationalists. They were anti EU and pro-Sovereignty. As I mentioned upthread, there was a concerted effort to characterise UKIP as nationalist but, because they weren't, they had far more success than any English party based on actual nationalism.

I'll have to stop now and come back later, but for the moment all I can say is that since we disagree on the basic fundamentals when it comes to your argument, I am afraid we will never see eye to eye on this particular subject.

by Anonymousreply 196October 5, 2020 9:26 PM

[quote]You should, [R193]. They are about to take your country away from you.

Any idea what currency the SNP will recommend an independent Scotland uses?

Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 197October 5, 2020 9:26 PM

edit: My response at r196 was for r194

by Anonymousreply 198October 5, 2020 9:29 PM

Any gossip about him?

by Anonymousreply 199October 6, 2020 12:27 AM

Gossip about Lozza Dumbshit?

His talented and much more successful wife, Billie Piper, dumped him. He emptied their joint bank accounts and took all the money for himself. Then he went to court trying to get more of her money and failed miserably. Now he's a professional whiner with erectile dysfunction, herpes and genital warts.

by Anonymousreply 200October 6, 2020 12:41 AM

He is a racist. "Lozza" is repeatedly triggered by non-white people.

by Anonymousreply 201October 6, 2020 1:47 AM

He's also repeatedly triggered by "uppity" women.

by Anonymousreply 202October 6, 2020 1:50 AM

[quote]#GayThespianandSinger Laurence Fox who usually channels his #PsychoNarcissism into #Bearding (eg #Celesb Billie Piper, #ExChrisEvansBeard) & #GasLighting, now turns on PeopleofColour | #Racist #NeoFascist #HoorayHenry #Twat - the Beard Club

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203October 6, 2020 10:17 PM

His schtick is to follow the playbook of Bro Icon Elon Musk and call anyone who disagrees with him a Paedo.

And then he threatens legal action on anyone who calls him a racist.

by Anonymousreply 204October 10, 2020 7:35 AM

R204 Fox has already removed and apologised for that 'paedo' remark.

Big movie stars and political parties have a hidden army of speechwriters, lawyers and groomers to vet their public profile.

Fox has got just one.

by Anonymousreply 205October 10, 2020 7:43 AM

In the last few years in the UK there has been more of an attempt to introduce US-style punditry. When actual US pundits are interviewed by British presenters (e.g. Ann Coulter) it is truly jarring - UK news presenters don't have that amped-up energy, tan and pearly white teeth of US hosts. They won't meet the pundits halfway on their used car salesman bullshit.

That said, the likes of Katie Hopkins and Piers Morgan have done their bit to lower the quality of discourse. Fox is just another iteration. They make money on outrage and 'telling it like it is'.

by Anonymousreply 206October 10, 2020 1:12 PM

[quote]In the last few years in the UK there has been more of an attempt to introduce US-style punditry. When actual US pundits are interviewed by British presenters (e.g. Ann Coulter) it is truly jarring - UK news presenters don't have that amped-up energy, tan and pearly white teeth of US hosts. They won't meet the pundits halfway on their used car salesman bullshit.

[quote]That said, the likes of Katie Hopkins and Piers Morgan have done their bit to lower the quality of discourse. Fox is just another iteration. They make money on outrage and 'telling it like it is'.

You have no knowledge of British media do you? If you did you'd know that Piers Morgan is one of the presenters with amped up energy you say don't exist.

Piers Morgan isn't a pundit, but the show he presents regularly invites controversial pundits on so the clips can go viral. Just look at all the clips on YouTube listed as "Piers Morgan has heated debate" or "Piers Morgan clashes with"

On the subject of pundits. prior to her "I'm literally a communist you idiot" appearance, Ash Sarkar was a random left wing Jew baiting Twitter personality, but the argument with Morgan boosted her career ten fold and her media appearances were boosted to a point where she was invited onto a BBC show to provide "balance" for a "Labour has a problem with Jews" debate and was happy to tell Jews that the racism they were complaining about wasn't real.

See the clips of Grace Blakeley posted up thread - people like Blakeley, Sarkar and Fox e invited on to shows like this not for their knowledge or expertise, but for to provide controversial moments that will go viral on social media. That's why Blakeley boasts about how many Twitter followers she gains each time, despite being humiliated and shown to be a liar.

Fox is just the right wing version of Blakeley and Sarkar.

by Anonymousreply 207October 10, 2020 2:26 PM

Yeah R207, I'm only from the UK. And Piers is referenced. Morgan tries but doesn't match the energy US presenters have. And unlike Fox News types, Morgan doesn't always fall in line with totally left or right wing views. If anything, he only serves his own enormous ego.

Punditry will definitely make more of a space for itself in the UK. Fox is an example, as are some you have quoted. The ugliness of Brexit showed what is possible, and the UK has enough crazies willing to be led astray by memes and soundbites.

Then there are minor personalities trotted out by the media to represent a view, or sometimes I suspect to make others looks ridiculous. Not pundits per se. How many times has Johnathan Ross's daughter been in the news the past 2 months? If she didn't exist the right would have invented her - a caricature of what people think of as a millennial snowflake.

by Anonymousreply 208October 10, 2020 2:44 PM

Is Johnathan Ross's daughter the one who was raped?

by Anonymousreply 209October 10, 2020 7:43 PM

If he's calling random people paedophiles his 'career' as a controversialist will flame out very soon. Unlike Musk he doesn't have the money to make legal problems go away. Better trolls than him, like Milo, have been undone for less.

by Anonymousreply 210October 11, 2020 12:03 AM

Old news Mr R210. Laurence Fox has already removed and apologised for that 'paedo' remark TWO DAYS ago.

by Anonymousreply 211October 11, 2020 12:10 AM

you evidently have a short attention span R211 but unfortunately the libel laws are not so forgiving.

by Anonymousreply 212October 11, 2020 12:27 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 213October 11, 2020 12:29 AM

R212 A week is a long time in politics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214October 11, 2020 12:41 AM

[quote] How many times has Johnathan Ross's daughter been in the news the past 2 months?

If I had any idea who Jonathan Ross's daughter is I might know the answer but she's not famous enough to matter.

That racist shit-stain Lazza Fox needs a couple of good beatings to set his mind right and shut his cunt mouth.

by Anonymousreply 215October 11, 2020 1:10 AM

I understand Jack Monroe has been offering her lawyer's details to those people called paedophiles on Twitter by Fox (there are more than one apparently).

For context, Monroe is the food writer who sued Katie Hopkins over an allegation that she had desecrated a war memorial, won, bankrupted Hopkins and forced her to sell her house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216October 11, 2020 3:09 AM

[quote]unfortunately the libel laws are not so forgiving.

Oh they are.

It really is amazing that racists think they can make the most outrageous slurs about those calling them racists and are surprised when they go down the legal route!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217October 11, 2020 7:40 AM

Oh, it's my fan at R217.

Nah you thick fuck, that isn't going to go anywhere because Corbyn criticised a settlement rather than defaming any named person, this is being done for the media and for the delectation of hysterics like yourself.

In any case, in the staggeringly unlikely event that a judgement is rendered against Corbyn, he will crowdfund the necessary sums within hours. I would certainly donate so as to prevent further persecution of this genuine and decent man from the half-crazed sociopaths who think they scent blood.

by Anonymousreply 218October 11, 2020 7:51 AM

[quote]I understand Jack Monroe has been offering her lawyer's details to those people called paedophiles on Twitter by Fox (there are more than one apparently). For context, Monroe is the food writer who sued Katie Hopkins over an allegation that she had desecrated a war memorial, won, bankrupted Hopkins and forced her to sell her house.

The lawyer is Mark Lewis, who has also taken on and won huge cases against Rupert Murdoch, Facebook and The Labour Party. Lewis also represented Muslim broadcaster Maajid Nawaz after the people who run two pro Corbyn media sites called him a terrorist.

Worth noting as well that Mark Lewis represented Jack Monroe on a no win no fee basis because she couldn't afford to take legal action.

by Anonymousreply 219October 11, 2020 7:54 AM

[quote]In any case, in the staggeringly unlikely event that a judgement is rendered against Corbyn, he will crowdfund the necessary sums within hours. I would certainly donate so as to prevent further persecution of this genuine and decent man from the half-crazed sociopaths who think they scent blood.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest you would be willing to give money to a racist man found guilty of libel in a British court.

You're no different from the people who'll donate to Laurence Fox's gofundme when the eventual case comes.

by Anonymousreply 220October 11, 2020 7:57 AM

Fox and his advisor have released their policy statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221October 11, 2020 8:11 AM

I like the fact that the charity, 'Reclaim' is contesting his right to use the name.

It reminds me of those hapless gimps in Change UK who ran through about four or five names and three leaders before their principal attention-seekers ran away to join the liberal democrats and their five minutes ended. Some of them rather seemed to share Lozza Fox's views on people with darker skin, if I remember correctly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 11, 2020 8:19 AM

His adamance that he is not racist, which anyone within an ounce of critical thinking ability who has read his posts about Lewis Hamilton and his interview in the Telegraph of several months ago and the way he can’t read the words Black Lives Matter without twitching, would be funny if he didn’t run on a free speech platform.

So speech is free unless someone says something Laurence doesn’t like?

Then Laurence threatens to sue, and once they back down he sends them invitations to coffee?

This doesn’t look like anything by a public tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 223October 11, 2020 8:38 AM

R223 I don't understand your last sentence.

by Anonymousreply 224October 11, 2020 8:51 AM

STOP LAURENCE FOX is now trending on Twitter.

People haven't learned that ignoring him is the best strategy.

by Anonymousreply 225October 11, 2020 9:00 AM

Employees of the International Twitter Corporation create these little 'trends' in each country to make items seem more 'newsworthy' than they actually are.

They claim something is trending even if there are only ten posts. The Twitter Corporation is not that different from trolls.

We should be making up our minds as to whether something its 'newsworthy' or not.

by Anonymousreply 226October 11, 2020 9:13 AM

R224, replace the "by" with "but." It's just a typo.

by Anonymousreply 227October 11, 2020 9:13 AM

You are not kidding, R226. For nearly a year now I've clicked on trending topics only to find maybe 12 tweets about it, often not even related.

The interesting thing about the Laurence Fox trend is that nearly every tweet I saw about it didn't even name him. The tweets were exhortations from people asking others to not pay attention to him, because all he wanted was attention. Yet we're on day two or three of Twitter supposedly being consumed by this.

by Anonymousreply 228October 11, 2020 9:17 AM

[quote]It reminds me of those hapless gimps in Change UK who ran through about four or five names and three leaders before their principal attention-seekers ran away

Watch this video and query why a load of ugly beardy wierdy white men are celebrating a move to get rid of one of only 4 black male Labour MPs. How many non white people can you count amongst the 100+ white people in the room? The meeting has the kind of racial diversity you see at a Trump rally. Not surprising Chuka Umunna walked away from the party shortly after.

Labour has a serious problem with anti black racism that would make Laurence Fox proud. When Diane Abbott and Dawn Butler stood for national leadership roles they both came 5th out of 5 candidates. Butler only on the ballot after John McDonnell called for MPs for nominate Butler, not because she's experienced, principled, competent or loyal, but for the optics of having a black woman on the ballot. McDonnell went on to back a below average white man who could only manage third.

Labour now has only 3 black male MPs, and has never elected a black man to the National Executive Committee. Sounds like Laurence Fox's kind of party.

The beardy wierdy white men need to make themselves history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 11, 2020 9:25 AM

He's trash.

by Anonymousreply 230October 11, 2020 9:31 AM

How many black people have been elected as liberal democrats, R229?

by Anonymousreply 231October 11, 2020 9:33 AM

[quote]The beardy wierdy white men need to make themselves history.

History has a way of taking care of that all by itself.

by Anonymousreply 232October 11, 2020 9:42 AM

R231 This silky patrician-looking politician was a Lib-Dem (even if JK Rowling would describe him as a half-blood politician)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233October 11, 2020 9:51 AM

[quote]How many black people have been elected as liberal democrats, [R229]?

None, which is appalling. They currently have 2 women MPs with Palestinian and Pakistani heritage but that's not nearly good enough.

The SNP is even worse, with only 1 Asian MP ever having been elected and only 1 Asian MSP in the Holyrood Parliament. They've never had a black person elected in Westminster or Holyrood,

That said, the Lib Dems and SNP have never claimed they're the only party "to unlock the talent of BAME people who have been held back by the Tories".

Beardy wierdy white saviour complex in action when it's clear representation is only dependent on party loyalty. See the case of Jas Athwal, who faced malicious accusations he's now been cleared to get him out of the way so Corbyn's former campaign manager Sam Tarry could be given a vacant safe seat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234October 11, 2020 9:55 AM

[quote][R231] This silky patrician-looking politician was a Lib-Dem (even if JK Rowling would describe him as a half-blood politician)

He was never elected as a Lib Dem though which is Concerned(aboutJews)European's point.

Along with Sam Gymiah who left the Tory party, Chuka became Liberal Democrat MPs but weren't elected as Liberal Democrat MPs.

And calling a mixed race Nigerian/British man a half blood? Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 235October 11, 2020 9:59 AM

Well, R235, she said it first—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236October 11, 2020 10:16 AM

Do the Conservatives have many Black and Brown MPs and leaders? I sense more than one would expect? What does that say?

by Anonymousreply 237October 11, 2020 11:27 AM

[quote]Do the Conservatives have many Black and Brown MPs and leaders? I sense more than one would expect? What does that say?

Of the top 4 jobs in government (Prime Minister, Chancellor, Foreign and Home Secretary) two are held by British Indians. Sajid Javid, who previously held the Chancellor and Home Secretary job, is a British Pakistani.

Chancellor Rishi Sunak is odds on favourite to take over from Boris Johnson as leader of the Conservatives and Prime Minister.

In the last 4 years Labour has had 4 contests for leaders in Scotland, and Wales and as UK leader and deputy. Non white candidates stood in every contest but none got the backing of the Corbynite left of the party.

Anas Sarwar, a British Pakistani, lost to a dull white man in Scotland, British Zambian Vaughan Gethin came second to a dull white man in Wales, Lisa Nandy, a British Indian, came third out of 3 for leader. Rosina Allin Khan, of Polish and Pakistani heritage, came second in the deputy leader contest, and Dawn Butler, a British Jamaican, came 5th out of 5. Lisa Nandy is now Labour's Shadow Foreign Secretary and doing a good job trying to repair Labour's reputation and moral standing.

In the Liberal Democrat leadership contest, Layla Moran, the pansexual Palestinian, came second out of 2 to the posh white Ed Davey.

by Anonymousreply 238October 11, 2020 12:18 PM

[quote]If I had any idea who Jonathan Ross's daughter is I might know the answer but she's not famous enough to matter.

She made some headlines because she's obese and she posted some photos of herself in a bikini and Instagram deleted one so she became a victim of, like, literal fascism and complained about it so she was invited on news shows to debate whether she was, like, really, like, a victim of literal fascism, or whether she's just fat and ugly. Then clips went viral so more people were talking how she's the victim of literal fascism and lots of people were saying she's not a victim of literal fascism she's just obese and then more people commented and then she posted about how being a victim of literal fascism made her want to eat more, so fascism was literally making her obese and someone told her to eat a banana and go for a bike ride and she got upset by the literal fascism so etc etc etc etc.

She is literally the Rosa Parks of fat white women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239October 11, 2020 12:37 PM

Indeed, Umunna was in the Liberal Democrats for about five minutes, was not given a safe seat to fight in 2019 (admittedly, there were few to go around) and instead stood in the hard-Tory Cities of London and Westminster. That gives you an idea of how much the Lib Dems valued their high-profile convert.

The liberal Democrats have never had a successful black candidate elected to any of the UK's parliaments or Assemblies.

By contrast the Labour party had the first Black MP, the first Black woman MP, the first Black Cabinet Minister, and the first Black Woman Cabinet Minister. It also had the first Black Woman appointed to one of what R238 calls the top jobs - in this case Diane Abbott as Shadow Home Secretary under Corbyn's leadership. Labour also gave us the first Muslim MP, and first Muslim Mayor of London.

The SNP's relatively few black (as in African-Caribbean) candidates can be explained by how low a percentage that ethnic group is as part of the Scottish population, relative to England (less than 1%). They still were responsible for the first Muslim MSP and the first Muslim Scottish Cabinet member.

It would be churlish not to acknowledge the significant progress the Tories have made in recent years with diversifying their parliamentary representation, looking at the careers of the likes of Sajid Javid, Rishi Sunak, Sayeeda Warsi, Kwasi Kwarteng and Alok Sharma is particular. I shall leave being churlish to the obsessive creep at R235, whom I increasingly suspect is Margaret Hodge.

So, that leaves the 'liberal' party right at the bottom of the heap. Perhaps it is no wonder that they went along with all of the racist and anti-immigrant 'hostile environment' measures taken by the Conservatives since 2010.

by Anonymousreply 240October 11, 2020 7:59 PM

UUmannaa so sexy!

He doesn't belong wth that awful Sloane Ranger.

by Anonymousreply 241October 11, 2020 11:06 PM

An informative piece about the poisonous right-wing cabal that has infested the Labour Party: regrettably I've concluded that the infestation is terminal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242October 11, 2020 11:54 PM

I'm not reading anything from Owen Jones.

by Anonymousreply 243October 11, 2020 11:56 PM

Oh, C.E. what is the cure for this 'infestation'?

by Anonymousreply 244October 11, 2020 11:57 PM

If he started a Suck My Big Cock Party I might join it.

by Anonymousreply 245October 11, 2020 11:58 PM

R244 the cure is you pulling your head out of your ass long enough to look up what the word 'terminal' means.

by Anonymousreply 246October 12, 2020 12:00 AM

Concerned European, you're definitely growing on me (not in a fungal way, in a pleasant way).

by Anonymousreply 247October 12, 2020 2:54 AM

Cheers buddy R247

This is DL and having picked up on the vibe of the place I'm much more of a cunt here than I normally would be in real life. But it's fun and in many ways quite cathartic, considering that I have to be very nice and reasonable all the time in my job. Glad I discovered DL.

by Anonymousreply 248October 12, 2020 2:59 AM

I watched his video. Something vague about free speech. Of course, free speech includes mouthy black people shouting Black Lives Matter, so...

by Anonymousreply 249October 12, 2020 4:56 AM

Yes, R249 shouting and punching. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250October 12, 2020 5:58 AM

Irrelevant, R250. There are thousand more videos of the vast majority of BLM protesters doing so peacefully. And they have the right to free speech and to advocate for whatever they want in public.

by Anonymousreply 251October 12, 2020 6:03 AM

Owen Jones has a huge hate-on for Chuka Umma, interestingly., and brings him up constantly

by Anonymousreply 252October 12, 2020 9:08 AM

[quote]Owen Jones has a huge hate-on for Chuka Umma, interestingly., and brings him up constantly

Owen Jones outed Chuka in his new book, under the pretext of showing screengrabs of gossip between Labour staffers, obtained in breach of data protection laws.

Of all the Labour MPs who left, Umunna attracted the most scorn and vitriol. That he's mixed race and the English side of his family is middle class was a huge part of it. Many on the left are happy for black and Asian people to make up the numbers and represent diversity but they need to be sure they don't show too much ambition, step out of line or stand up for themselves. The video of those ugly white beardy men celebrating the win to make it easier to deselect him represents many on the left.

And for all the scorn and vitriol he received, he stood with his Jewish colleague when she was hounded out of the party, he walked away from a party he knew was institutionally racist towards Jewish people, and one that sided with Russia after the Novichok chemical attack in Salisbury. And he refused to go along with Labour's appalling policy on Brexit. Umunna can look his children in the eye and know he has a clear conscience. He could have kept quiet and stayed in a safe Labour seat until he retired but he walked away. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 253October 12, 2020 9:55 AM

Stephen Bush, a black Jewish left wing journalist, one of the most respected journalists in Britain, reviewed Owen Jones' new book and had this to say:

[quote]Both books make the same diagnosis: that the Labour left would have been better off had McDonnell become Labour leader in 2015. Both books end with McDonnell – “Labour’s lost leader” as Jones describes him.

[quote]The shadow chancellor was certainly a more ruthless and effective politician than Corbyn. He was no more of an instinctive pro-European, but he understood quicker than most the need to pick a side over Brexit. And he moved swiftly to strengthen the party’s line after the attack on the Skripals. But being a good leader is not just about ruthlessness. It is also a question of morals and character, which none of the authors explore. This works fine for a tale of palace intrigue, but less well when the argument is over the merits or otherwise of a lost leader.

[quote]This Land’s chapter on anti-Semitism sums up the problem. Considering Corbyn’s 2012 defence of a mural consisting of a series of anti-Semitic tropes, and the way his inner circle handled the story when it erupted in 2018, Jones writes that, “It was a classic failing of the Corbyn era: resisting taking an unavoidable step, then suffering self-inflicted damage, and gaining no credit whatsoever for finally bowing to the inevitable.” But the central problem wasn’t the bad political decisions taken in 2018. It was that in 2012 Corbyn’s response to the removal of a mural with visibly anti-Semitic tropes was to ask, “Why?” This suggests he was either unable to recognise anti-Semitism when he was staring it in the face, or even that, despite his strong denials, he supported it.

[quote]McDonnell understood that Labour’s inability to demonstrate contrition on the racism within the party was a political albatross; and it ultimately contributed to the party split that did more than anything else to block Corbyn’s path to No 10. There is no evidence, however, that McDonnell understood that it was also a moral failing. The fact that as a backbencher he continues to appear on Zoom meetings with people expelled from Labour following allegations of anti-Semitism suggests that for him it was a question of optics and strategy.

[quote]Someone who shares or tolerates the same blind spot as Corbyn is not a “lost leader”. A book that argues he was has not understood the problem with Corbynism, which was about morality, as well as organisation and strategy. The biggest tragedy is that we all have to live with the consequences of its failure: a powerful Conservative government, and potentially ten years of Tory rule.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254October 12, 2020 10:09 AM

A lot of disillusioned white men took a sharp right in 2016. Look at Baked Alaska.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255October 14, 2020 7:31 AM

I don't know what a baked Alaskan is doing in this English thread.

But I agree with you that lot of white men took a sharp turn in 2016. They turned into Woke Warriors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 14, 2020 8:12 AM

Fox was on one of the Arseholes With Opinions panel shows today, discussing events with other Arseholes With Opinions, namely fellow Arsehole Yasmin Alibhai-Brown. They were quite civilised to each other.

Alibhai-Brown is most famous for appearing on Question Time after the 9/11 attacks and making the US Ambassador cry with her anti American rhetoric.

A few months ago, following the Black Lives Matter protests, Jewish leadership groups asked Stephen Bush (mentioned above) to lead a commission into the racism experienced by Black Jews in Britain. Alibhai-Brown's only response was to tweet at Bush "Maybe ask them about Palestinians".

Fox needs ridiculous people like Alibhai-Brown to spar with. His schtick doesn't work with reasonable and decent people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257October 14, 2020 4:29 PM

And naturally all the OUTRAGED PEOPLE are now OUTRAGED at Laurence Fox or OUTRAGED at Yasmin Alibhai-Brown and OUTRAGED at Twitter and OUTRAGED at Channel 5 and OUTRAGED at Jeremy Vine and OUTRAGED at people OUTRAGED by one of the previously mentioned OUTRAGES

Everyone's a winner!

Except truth and decency.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 14, 2020 4:40 PM

And naturally all the OUTRAGED PEOPLE are now OUTRAGED at Laurence Fox or OUTRAGED at Yasmin Alibhai-Brown and OUTRAGED at Twitter and OUTRAGED at Channel 5 and OUTRAGED at Jeremy Vine and OUTRAGED at people OUTRAGED by one of the previously mentioned OUTRAGES

Everyone's a winner!

Except truth and decency.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259October 14, 2020 4:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260October 15, 2020 8:23 PM

Just don't send him over here. We've had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 261October 15, 2020 9:04 PM

Oh hai there just leaving this here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262October 16, 2020 2:49 AM

[quote] Everyone's a winner! Except truth and decency.

If you're implying that "Lozza" isn't outraged (he is) and stands for truth and decency (he doesn't), you need serious help.

by Anonymousreply 263October 16, 2020 3:41 PM

[quote]If you're implying that "Lozza" isn't outraged (he is) and stands for truth and decency (he doesn't), you need serious help.

FFS. Fox is one of the most outraged people, but his schtick doesn't work unless you put him opposite someone who is also outraged, like fellow racist Yasmin Alibhai-Brown.

Fox's supporters are outraged at Alibhai-Brown, Alibhai-Brown's supporters are outraged by Fox.

That's how it works - someone with 10k followers on Twitter will get an extra 500 followers for a popular tweet slagging off Fox or Alibhai-Brown.

by Anonymousreply 264October 16, 2020 4:36 PM

[quote]Oh hai there just leaving this here.

Any idea what the SNP's currency plans are? No one seems to know.

It is amazing that Sturgeon is so popular, after lying to Parliament on how she and her husband helped cover up the Salmond sexual assault and harassment cases, refusing to participate with the inquiry into her conduct by not sharing messages with them, but then revealing what the messages said live in a tv interview.

And the Nike conference cover up at the start of the Covid outbreak is forgotten. Just like Boris Johnson and the Conservatives government, nationalists will overlook corruption and incompetence if it threatens to damage their cause.

by Anonymousreply 265October 16, 2020 4:52 PM

It's not surprising that she is so popular. Scottish people have made up their minds about independence and will back the SNP until they get it. The proud Brits are about to lose their country.

As for currency, I'd say the Pound Sterling to start off with, followed by either a Scottish pound or the Euro.

by Anonymousreply 266October 16, 2020 7:42 PM

[quote]As for currency, I'd say the Pound Sterling to start off with, followed by either a Scottish pound or the Euro.

Well the Tory led England/Welsh/NI government won't let them share the pound sterling, so another guess?

by Anonymousreply 267October 16, 2020 7:45 PM

The frustration with Conservative government is understandable and yes, Scotland was taken out of the European Union despite voting to remain, Boris Johnson is a dickhead who doesn't know what he's doing, but when you get down to the nuts and bolts, the SNP's position is very similar to Brexiteers.

"They're union we're part of is holding us back from being the nation we want to be"

"We'll be fine when we leave, they'll give us everything we want because it's in their interests to, and if they don't, then we won't play ball"

The idea that the EU will welcome an newly independent Scotland with open arms is also fantasy. Would the Spanish government welcome it considering the issues they have in Catalonia?

But above all, the SNP government has been pretty dreadful in its outcomes. Education in particular is utterly abysmal. Plus the SNP's record on bullying and harassment is something the Republican Party would be proud of.

by Anonymousreply 268October 16, 2020 8:03 PM

R267, that is not how currencies work. A country does not need anyone else's 'permission' to use any currency it wants. For example, Montenegro currently uses the Euro, Zimbabwe uses the US dollar, and so on.

Former UK Chancellor Alastair Darling admitted this in plain terms during the second televised debate with Alex Salmond back in 2014, I was living in Scotland at the time and watched it on the television as it happened. I don't 'guess' about these things.

by Anonymousreply 269October 17, 2020 11:24 AM

R268., there is an additional dimension to Europe's potential calculations which you may have missed, which is rather odd because a child could have spotted it: if the European Union wants to preserve itself and to discourage other countries from taking the 'Brexit' route, it would be a pretty fucking spectacular coup and would make that immeasurably easier to accomplish if they were able to point to the example of a country which tore itself apart precisely because it decided to leave.

Ironically, in the heady rush of the immediate aftermath of their triumph, some Brexiteer commentators were predicting that the EU would collapse in a few years because other member states would swiftly come to the realisation that their own interests lay in following the UK's example.... Ireland, all too often considered merely a wayward province, was supposed to be the first in line.....

by Anonymousreply 270October 17, 2020 11:34 AM

[quote][R267], that is not how currencies work. A country does not need anyone else's 'permission' to use any currency it wants. For example, Montenegro currently uses the Euro, Zimbabwe uses the US dollar, and so on. Former UK Chancellor Alastair Darling admitted this in plain terms during the second televised debate with Alex Salmond back in 2014, I was living in Scotland at the time and watched it on the television as it happened. I don't 'guess' about these things.

Scotland can use the pound, but they wouldn't be allowed to influence any decisions around it - they'd be dependent on the UK government's economic policy. Scotland would have no lender of last resort and no ability to print its own money. Seeing as Scotland's biggest export market is England, would they really risk a right wing government having so much control?

And joining the Euro is difficult because of strict EU rules and Scotland's deficit which would be public spending cuts, tax rises or both.

It's almost as if the SNP are using emotion and fantasy rather than long term stability. Just like Brexit. Derek Mackay, the previous finance secretary (the one who resigned for grooming a 16 year old) was the latest in a long line to say Scotland would refuse to repay its share of UK debt if it wasn't given what it wanted. Very Faragian.

[quote][R268]., there is an additional dimension to Europe's potential calculations which you may have missed, which is rather odd because a child could have spotted it: if the European Union wants to preserve itself and to discourage other countries from taking the 'Brexit' route, it would be a pretty fucking spectacular coup and would make that immeasurably easier to accomplish if they were able to point to the example of a country which tore itself apart precisely because it decided to leave.

The European Union doesn't need to discourage other countries from leaving. No other countries are interested in leaving, especially with the shit show the Tories are making of negotiations.

Catalonian independence is far more pressing an issue for them.

by Anonymousreply 271October 17, 2020 11:46 AM

R271, the other poster I was having a disagreement with claimed that Scotland would somehow not be 'allowed' to use Sterling. Sometimes it takes all of my energy to correct the more basic misconceptions.

You are right that using the currency without any control over the UK's monetary and fiscal policies would not be a good position to be in, and so Scotland would either have to seek to move to another currency arrangement after a transition period (as I suggested) or else do a deal with the rUK to allow it to have some say in the governance of the Bank of England. The latter idea probably won't fly, even though that was presented as 'Plan A' last time. Of course, a cynic might look at the history of Scotland since 1970, and look at such seminal events as the squandering of the opportunity presented by North Sea Oil, the imposition of the poll tax, the gradual deindustralisation of Scotland's greatest wprkng-class cities, all the way up to Brexit in our own present day, and conclude that Scotland doesn't have very much influence over the UK's economic policies *now*, anyway.

BTW, no other country which has won its independence from London in the past has taken on a share of the UK's debt. Why should Scotland be the first?

by Anonymousreply 272October 17, 2020 11:57 AM

Regarding the EU, take a look at the evolution of public opinion (rather than elite opinion) towards the European Union in the different countries of Europe over the past twenty years and you will see why its leaders really ought to be concerned. Public support for Europe is reasonably strong now, and has strengthened a lot since Brexit, but in many countries levels of support have been in the 50s or the 40s at some point in recent history. Italy and France are the two big countries where support for the EU is most anaemic (sidenote: my cousin married a Frenchman some months after the Brexit referendum result in 2016, and I happened to be talking to his family at the wedding about the issue - they would be relatively conservative people from Nimes in the South of France - and not one of them could understand what the problem was and they all thought the UK was quite right to do it).

by Anonymousreply 273October 17, 2020 12:02 PM

[quote]BTW, no other country which has won its independence from London in the past has taken on a share of the UK's debt. Why should Scotland be the first?

It's embarrassing you have to resort to this kind of statement to defend the indefensible SNP policy.

You're seriously trying to compare Scotland to Australia, Jamaica, Botswana Ireland or the United States? Pathetic.

Scotland sends 59 MPs to the House of Commons, and little over a decade ago a Scottish MP was Prime Minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Scottish citizens pay taxes along with all other parts of the UK and Scotland receive more per person from the UK government than Wales and England do,17% more than the average. In fact Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland receive above the national average, meaning England receives below the national average.

Some people argue that England subsidises the rest of the UK. I wouldn't say that but Scotland definitely gets more out of the union than it pays in.

Arguing that if Scotland left the Union they should walk away from any responsibilities is akin to the Brexiteers saying the UK should walk away from Europe and refuse to pay what it owes. Utterly irresponsible and contemptable. Pure nationalistic shite, but the sort of thing Laurence Fox would approve of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274October 17, 2020 3:02 PM

R274 Who was that Scottish MP who was also Prime Minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

Someone unknown to DL?

by Anonymousreply 275October 17, 2020 9:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276October 17, 2020 10:18 PM

R274, I'm speaking of the position as defined in International Law. the fact of the matter is that if and when Scotland becomes independent, the remaining countries of England, Wales and Northern Ireland should become the successor state to the UK, and as such they should inherit its assets and debts. Determining a successor state is the international legal position used when other states have broken up. It is therefore entirely relevant of me to point out the history of other countries winning their independence from the UK, no matter how much you may wish to stamp your feet about how much Scotland has, in your view, benefited from the Union (a proposition about which there could be considerable debate, as you'll see from my last post).

All that said, while no obligation in international law exists, it was the position of the Scottish government at the time that an independent Scotland would take on a share of the UK's debt, broadly equivalent to proportional population size. This is something that would have to be defined and resolved in the Edinburgh-London negotiations on independence which would take place. Of course, if Scotland takes on a share of the debts, it follows that it will also have a right to an equivalent share of the assets, like the country's holdings of gold for example.

by Anonymousreply 277October 18, 2020 12:48 PM

^^^ 'At the time' meaning in 2014

by Anonymousreply 278October 18, 2020 12:50 PM

Oh hey everyone, in case anyone was still following Lozza Fox's career, he's started to go down the 'anti-vaxxer' route now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279November 17, 2020 2:08 AM

His agent has also exercised his right to free speech and no longer represents him.

by Anonymousreply 280November 17, 2020 5:08 AM

He's very pasty looking. Does he have an iron deficiency?

by Anonymousreply 281November 17, 2020 6:16 AM

He's jumped on the "Fairytale of New York" bandwagon. The original song had the word "faggot" in the lyrics, so the band, the Pogues released a new version without the word. In the name of Freedom, Lozza wants the BBC to play the original.

The Pogues tweeted a response to Fox: Fuck off you little herrenvolk shite

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282November 19, 2020 11:00 PM

Respect to the Pogues. I don't think it was necessary to change the song but it's their fucking song. They own it, they get to do what they want with it.

Lozzy Fox is just out to find any attention-seeking news blip he can opportunistically glom onto. He's a parasite.

by Anonymousreply 283November 19, 2020 11:24 PM

Shane Macgowan gave a very good explanation of why he wrote the song and used "faggot". It makes sense in the song, which was narrated by junkies. He also provided an alternate version in respect to the gay community and because he is suspicious of straight people who are desperate to sing slur.

by Anonymousreply 284November 20, 2020 1:44 AM

After that humiliation Lozza is now trying to own the Pogues by printing lyrics that point to their Irish nationalism. He may also be interested to know that bears shit in the woods.

He's also trying to start shit with Keeley Hawes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285November 22, 2020 12:03 AM

So, he's given up on ever acting again, has he? He's a professional troll now. Okay, well that's too bad.

He was fine in "Lewis" and in something else that I'm not remembering.

by Anonymousreply 286November 22, 2020 12:08 AM

Agreed, R286.

It's too bad that it's come to this. He has a nice thick cock:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287November 22, 2020 12:28 AM

James Norton took his career and ran with it.

Thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 288November 28, 2020 4:37 AM

He was given 5 million pounds to start his own political party. So that's what he's doing now.

by Anonymousreply 289November 28, 2020 4:44 AM

God only knows who gave it to him, some fascist right-wing gazillionaire or fed through some front person/org from Putin just to cause trouble.

Wouldn't go anywhere near it or Fox.

by Anonymousreply 290November 28, 2020 10:20 PM

[quote] In English classrooms kids don't even learn about the history of Northern Ireland or the Troubles. English kids are taught about the monarchy and the war and not much else.

Have you had personal experience of this, R55?

by Anonymousreply 291January 31, 2021 10:01 AM

He can stifle my freedom of speech with his big cock any day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292January 31, 2021 10:07 AM

[quote]He's also trying to start shit with Keeley Hawes.

What happened with Keeley Hawes?

by Anonymousreply 293January 31, 2021 10:19 AM

R292, yeah, he may be an asshole, but he's got a thick cock.

by Anonymousreply 294February 1, 2021 10:52 AM

There's now so many new alt-right political parties being formed by pathetic right-wing cunts that can't get normal jobs anymore that the alt-right wing vote is going to be more divided, and thus diminished into irrelevance, than it already is.

A good thing in my opinion, these ridiculous people should never be voted into any position of power whatsoever. Let them all eat each other.

by Anonymousreply 295February 1, 2021 11:04 AM

Bitch stole my look!

by Anonymousreply 296February 1, 2021 11:43 AM

Another one with the face of a sheep.

Horse faces and sheep faces are revolting on humans.

by Anonymousreply 297February 1, 2021 2:37 PM

[bold]English actor Laurence Fox under fire for claiming he is exempt from wearing a mask[/bold]

An English actor and aspiring politician is under fire for claiming he is exempt from wearing a mask, and encouraging fellow Brits to take off their masks as the coronavirus continues to spiral in the UK.

Laurence Fox tweeted a photograph of himself showing off a COVID-19 mask exemption badge that he bought on Amazon as the UK recorded nearly 85,000 deaths from the pandemic last week, and officials set up a temporary morgue to deal with rising coronavirus deaths.

more at link, including a photo indicating the man should look for an excuse to wear a mask

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298February 8, 2021 10:46 PM

Well, R298, he isn't perfect like we are.

Did he display his latest test results?

by Anonymousreply 299February 8, 2021 11:04 PM

The alt-right is the group that escalated the culture wars.

by Anonymousreply 300February 9, 2021 12:03 AM

I thought he was his nephew? Whatever. He was a good sidekick in the Inspector Lewis Series based in Oxford. But he is absolutely wooden. Great eye candy, but nothing much else. The point is he's another opportunistic asshole.

by Anonymousreply 301February 9, 2021 12:15 AM

[quote] The alt-right is the group that escalated the culture wars.

The alt-left is the group that discovered and promotes Identity Politics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302February 9, 2021 12:19 AM

Yes, some leftist do go too far with their political correctness, but it is a reaction the systematical racism embedded so deep in US culture.

by Anonymousreply 303February 9, 2021 1:11 AM

That link above says it was formed by a Black feminist lesbian socialist organization in 1974 to 1980.

They claimed they were bring ignored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304February 9, 2021 1:16 AM

This rancid twat is now standing as a candidate for London Mayor.

He's like a faecal matter that just won't flush.

by Anonymousreply 305March 6, 2021 7:51 PM

Hopefully Billie Piper doesn’t have to pay him alimony.

by Anonymousreply 306March 7, 2021 12:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!