Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gayle King questions Nancy Pelosi's 'insulting' and 'egregious' nickname for Trump allies

Gayle King challenged Nancy Pelosi for calling President Trump’s supporters “henchmen,” suggesting that the “egregious” language was hypocritical.

On Friday, the speaker of the House appeared as a guest on CBS This Morning with King to discuss Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who died on Sept. 18 from complications of metastatic pancreatic cancer, and President Trump’s possible replacements (on Saturday, Trump nominated Amy Coney Barrett to fill the seat).

Calling the nomination of any replacement “completely inappropriate” in light of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s objection to then-President Barack Obama replacing the late Justice Antonin Scalia in 2016, the women pivoted to the Nov. 3 election.

When King asked Pelosi about her August comments that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden shouldn’t debate Trump because he would “belittle what the debates are supposed to be about” (the first debate takes place Tuesday in Ohio), Pelosi’s answer remained the same.

“I just think that the President has no fidelity to fact or truth, and actually in his comments the last few days, no fidelity to the Constitution of the United States,” she told King. “He and his henchmen are a danger with their comments, are a danger to our democracy. I didn’t want to give him, you know, why bother — you know, he doesn’t tell the truth. He isn’t committed to our Constitution, but Joe Biden is right —”

King interjected, “But Speaker Pelosi, that’s what people say is the problem. Your language to some is just as egregious as what they’re saying by calling the president’s people ‘henchmen.’ Some could say that’s just as insulting as what he’s saying about you.”

“Well, I don’t care what he says about me,” said Pelosi. “Every knock from him is a boost for me. If he wants to help me raise money, he can keep knocking me. But I’m speaking truth.”

In a Sept. 20 interview, Pelosi used the term “henchmen” after Trump repeatedly suggested that he might not accept the results of the election, due to the notion of voter fraud associated with mail-in ballots, despite the FBI seeing no evidence of such efforts. (This week White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said, “The president will accept the results of a free and fair election.”)

The Friday interview made King trend on Twitter — one camp said that “henchmen” was a tame descriptor given the weighty issues at stake in November, another that King was doing her job as an interviewer. And some felt the exchange was harmless on both sides.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 18, 2020 3:38 AM

“We take offense to that!”

by Anonymousreply 1September 26, 2020 11:51 PM

Get fucked, Gayle... by Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 2September 26, 2020 11:52 PM

When the cement shoes fit, hechmen gotta wear them.

by Anonymousreply 3September 26, 2020 11:53 PM

Gayle will just wink out when Oprah dies. She really needs to stop acting like anyone cares what she thinks.

by Anonymousreply 4September 26, 2020 11:54 PM

Why doesn't Gayle say the same thing to Trump?

Oh, I know why. Because he won't even do an interview with her.

Nancy should do the same thing.

FUCK GAYLE KING! "Fair and balanced" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 5September 26, 2020 11:56 PM

Gayle King is incredibly boring. She has no presence on screen, no spark. If not for her connection to Oprah, I doubt she'd even be doing local news somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 6September 26, 2020 11:57 PM

She really takes herself way too seriously. Pelosi should have just said "Whatever girlfriend. I'll speak to Oprah about this myself."

by Anonymousreply 7September 27, 2020 12:00 AM

After all the insane bullshit that Trump has said since he first ran for president, Gayle King grills Nancy Pelosi for being "insulting" and "egregious??"

Bitch, shut the fuck up!

You cannot even COMPARE Nancy to DUMP. Fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 8September 27, 2020 12:03 AM

"Have you asked President Trump about his insulting, degrading, and even vulgar descriptions of people he doesn't like? If not, why not?"

by Anonymousreply 9September 27, 2020 12:08 AM

Gayle should stick to what she knows best, that would be burying her face in her sugar mama's pussy.

by Anonymousreply 10September 27, 2020 12:13 AM

Roger Stone and Michael Cohen were both sentenced to prison for doing illegal acts to cover up Trump’s illegal acts. And they’re just the ones who were caught and sentenced.

What exactly is a henchman if not this?

by Anonymousreply 11September 27, 2020 12:24 AM

Feeble attempt to appear balanced and objective. I din’t think she even knows what “egregious” means? As far as being insulting, well, if so, so what?

by Anonymousreply 12September 27, 2020 12:24 AM

^don’t

by Anonymousreply 13September 27, 2020 12:25 AM

I thought Nancy was very articulate.

by Anonymousreply 14September 27, 2020 12:27 AM

Gayle king is such a moron.

by Anonymousreply 15September 27, 2020 12:27 AM

Gayle and Oprah support Trump, I thought everyone knew that.

by Anonymousreply 16September 27, 2020 12:32 AM

Some of you same bitches here supported Gayle King earlier this year when she dared to question the late Kobe Bryant's reputation, while the rest of the world canonized him without a second thought. People just flip flop like the wind. She is just doing her fucking job like she has done for eons. If she wasn't a black woman and Oprah's best friend, no one would give a shit about this.

by Anonymousreply 17September 27, 2020 12:59 AM

Gayle go back to the Mendocino mansion and STFU

by Anonymousreply 18September 27, 2020 1:03 AM

Gayle, shouldn't you be going to get Oprah's dry cleaning or something?

by Anonymousreply 19September 27, 2020 9:49 AM

Oprah said when Trump got elected that we should give him a chance.

by Anonymousreply 20September 27, 2020 9:54 AM

They are henchmen. Weak "balance" Gayle, you stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 21September 27, 2020 10:44 AM

Just another case of 'OK, I'll say some dumb shit because I really need some headlines'.

Shut the fuck up you self centered media idiots!

by Anonymousreply 22September 27, 2020 10:59 AM

Nancy Pelosi's god is money. That is all she cares about.

by Anonymousreply 23September 27, 2020 11:04 AM

R16, Billionaires gotta stick together.

by Anonymousreply 24September 27, 2020 11:21 AM

R23, On a day pass, are we?

by Anonymousreply 25September 27, 2020 11:21 AM

Gayle and Oprah are probably enjoying the Trump tax cuts for the ultra rich and they really don't have to worry about health insurance tàken away from them anyway.

Does Vlad have some kompromat on their sad lesbian closet affair.

by Anonymousreply 26September 27, 2020 11:22 AM

R23 You got Pelosi confused with Trump and Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 27September 27, 2020 2:10 PM

Henchmen is going too far. Have we no civility left in this country?

by Anonymousreply 28September 27, 2020 2:16 PM

"If she wasn't a black woman and Oprah's best friend, no one would give a shit about this."

Yeah because she wouldn't have this job.

by Anonymousreply 29September 27, 2020 2:23 PM

Good heavens, woman! This is WAR, not a garden party!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 27, 2020 2:43 PM

Does Oprah finger Gayle's pussy or does she wear a strap on?

Something more interesting than the usual "both sides do it" blather from the MSM. The fat orange bastard just said that he wouldn't leave office, but Nancy Pelosi is the problem???? Fuck off Gayle, no one under the age of 80 watches the CBS morning show anyway.

by Anonymousreply 31September 27, 2020 2:47 PM

And with this, Gayle King forfeited her black card. Enjoy those Lawrence Welk reruns, snowwoman!

by Anonymousreply 32September 27, 2020 2:56 PM

Oprah's henchman says what ?

by Anonymousreply 33September 27, 2020 3:49 PM

Pelosi was referring to Trump's posse of yes-men and evildoers, and King knew that.

by Anonymousreply 34September 27, 2020 4:26 PM

R7 wins this thread.

by Anonymousreply 35September 27, 2020 4:32 PM

I'm tired of journalists attacking liberals for speaking the plain truth - but allowing conservatives to lie and attack repeatedly without any fact checking.

This was all to make Gayle look 'objective' - but she's picking apart language and not talking about the true issues here.

Disgusting. And I like Gayle. But c'mon.

by Anonymousreply 36September 27, 2020 7:45 PM

Oprah had Trump on her show several times. To talk about leadership and how to get ahead in life. Her audience asked him questions. She adored him. They were "friends."

Oprah having a famous friend is not too far off from Lindsey and his obsessive adoration of powerful people. With Oprah its wealthy, powerful or famous people. Like a moth to the flame. If she thinks a friendship is involved, she loses all objectivity.

by Anonymousreply 37September 27, 2020 8:40 PM

[quote]Henchmen is going too far.

I disagree, let's stop pretending that the Trump administration is anything but an evil mobster syndicate.

by Anonymousreply 38September 27, 2020 9:26 PM

R28, You're vying for DL "Comic of the Year," no?

You DO know that Trump has called Democrats, some by name, "traitors" and "enemies of the people" who should be imprisoned for decades? That he continually accuses former President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton of crimes?

That his campaign was manned by criminals (Flynn, Stone, Manafort, Papadopoulos) who are now convicted felons, aka, his HENCHMEN?

by Anonymousreply 39September 28, 2020 11:24 AM

Nancy is absolutely right.

Trump is a wanna-be fascist and his enablers are his henchmen.

by Anonymousreply 40September 28, 2020 11:28 AM

His “pieces of shit” would be more accurate

by Anonymousreply 41September 28, 2020 11:29 AM

Nancy can add some more names now. Let's start with ...

L O S E R

by Anonymousreply 42September 28, 2020 11:41 AM

Gayle THing is canceled.

by Anonymousreply 43September 28, 2020 5:50 PM

Gayle is a very stupid woman.

by Anonymousreply 44September 28, 2020 6:02 PM

Gayle belongs in the stooge-for-the-Rethugs dustbin along with the hairdresser who got paid big bucks to set up Pelosi in the salon. Basically, they've got nothing on her which infuriates the Dumpsters.

by Anonymousreply 45September 28, 2020 6:51 PM

Who in the hell does she think she is? Miss Manners? Her net worth is $25 million dollars give or take. She has nothing to lose.

In the meantime, millions of people are suffering from poverty, hunger, disease and homelessness. The middle class is sliding daily into poverty. Yet, Gayle made an issue about Nancy’s name calling.

No matter who wins on election night, Gayle will go shopping the next day.

by Anonymousreply 46September 29, 2020 12:52 AM

Go suck Oprah’s dick, Gayle

by Anonymousreply 47September 29, 2020 1:11 AM

I was excited about The New Gayle King Show at first. It looked promising; I like a more newsy morning show more than the usual mommy fluff. But she seems uncomfortable on camera, always stammering, apologizing and failing at humor. And those neutered ass-lickers who sit beside her smile nervously.

by Anonymousreply 48September 29, 2020 1:17 AM

[quote] In the meantime, millions of people are suffering from poverty, hunger, disease and homelessness.

You can't blame that all on Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 49September 29, 2020 1:18 AM

And I question why anyone ever listened to Gayle King to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 50September 29, 2020 1:20 AM

If this is what you're offended at after four years of Trump, you might be one of his henchmen/women.

by Anonymousreply 51September 29, 2020 1:21 AM

Suddenly, everyone has become so [italic] delicàto !

by Anonymousreply 52September 29, 2020 1:23 AM

"If she wasn't a black woman and Oprah's best friend, no one would give a shit about this."

She's a black woman supporting Trump, in however minor a fashion it may be.

Trump is white supremacist.

How is this not newsworthy?

IMO, you sound like a white person, passing of a critique of a racist as somehow being racist itself. You know, how racist white people react to criticism of their racism.

Whoever you are, you don't seem to have a grasp of the bigger picture.

by Anonymousreply 53September 29, 2020 2:22 AM

And your girfriend isn't related to Elvis, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 54September 29, 2020 2:24 AM

Gayle King is just prejudiced against Italians.

by Anonymousreply 55September 29, 2020 2:43 PM

Coincidence?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 1, 2020 11:15 PM

The desperation to appear "objective" makes them looks so incredibly stupid. They're trying to make the Dems jaywalking seem as bad as the Reps drunk driving and killing a bunch of kids crossing the street.

by Anonymousreply 57October 1, 2020 11:19 PM

She should just reply - Gayle he set the tone, I am just following his lead. PS he called you the n word."

by Anonymousreply 58October 2, 2020 12:22 AM

Neither Trump nor his supporters are familiar with the word "henchmen". I'll lay odds they think it has something to do with sports.

by Anonymousreply 59October 2, 2020 12:28 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 60October 2, 2020 6:16 PM

Speaker Pelosi now has the right to confiscate Gayle’s Blackness and claim it as her own.

by Anonymousreply 61October 2, 2020 6:25 PM

Notice that even on a gay board ,calling Gail a muff diver is used insultingly . What does that say about us ? if she and Okrah are in the closet,we all know why . So call her boring (she is) ,call her an example of nepotism (she is) ,call her bland ,dull whatever . But stop calling her a lesbian like its a bad thing. I know its popular on here to act like we hate lesbians ,but I dont and never have . I love my lesbian sisters though its slightly more acceptable to be female and gay .They still go through the same shit we gay men have and always will .

by Anonymousreply 62October 2, 2020 6:56 PM

Gayle is a remora on Oprah's chin.

by Anonymousreply 63October 17, 2020 6:48 PM

Gayle and her faux morale outrage are tiresome.

She’s the Roxane Gay of network news.

by Anonymousreply 64October 17, 2020 7:18 PM

^moral

by Anonymousreply 65October 17, 2020 7:18 PM

who the fuck asked her?

by Anonymousreply 66October 17, 2020 7:19 PM

Meanwhile the repugs call Kamala, Kama-lama-ding-dong (or whatever) and Gayle's okay with that

She was okay with Charlie Rose's behavior/crimes

by Anonymousreply 67October 17, 2020 8:27 PM

[quote]When King asked Pelosi about her August comments that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden shouldn’t debate Trump because he would “belittle what the debates are supposed to be about” (the first debate takes place Tuesday in Ohio), Pelosi’s answer remained the same.

Yeah, and Nancy turned out to be exactly right. The debate was a complete shitshow as predicted, due to Trump's behavior.

by Anonymousreply 68October 17, 2020 9:34 PM

Gayle should be ashamed of herself. She’s a sellout.

by Anonymousreply 69October 17, 2020 9:55 PM

[quote]Gayle and Oprah are probably enjoying the Trump tax cuts for the ultra rich and they really don't have to worry about health insurance tàken away from them anyway.

Nor will they need the option to get abortions.

For a variety of reasons.

by Anonymousreply 70October 18, 2020 3:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!