Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Supernova" - New festival film stars Stanley Tucci and Colin Firth as middle-aged lovers on a road trip...

A charming couple, I think. Casting a la "wishful thinking."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 11, 2022 5:26 PM

LATE middle aged!

by Anonymousreply 1September 26, 2020 12:33 AM

Colin is 60 this year. What kind of makeup/green screen/CGI combination are they using to make him look middle-aged? Same with Stanley, he’ll be 60 in November. They’re going to need a lot more than hair and beard dye to shave off some years.

by Anonymousreply 2September 26, 2020 12:50 AM

Why is the formerly-handsome Firth is a relationship with this American who was never appealing?

by Anonymousreply 3September 26, 2020 1:34 AM

OP worse than Hitler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 26, 2020 11:50 AM

I saw an advance screening of Supernova. Firth and Tucci are outstanding and it’s a beautiful film. I’m still crying. MARY!

by Anonymousreply 5January 29, 2021 12:57 AM

Yo, when dis gon drop?

by Anonymousreply 6January 29, 2021 1:00 AM

Translation to standard English, R6?

by Anonymousreply 7January 29, 2021 1:05 AM

Drops digitally Feb 16

by Anonymousreply 8January 29, 2021 1:07 AM

I know someone who worked with Tucci and said that despite the baldness and whatever else, he was hot as hell. Very sexy.

by Anonymousreply 9January 29, 2021 1:09 AM

But aren't the wokester gays freaking out because the play-actors ARE TAKING JOBS AWAY FROM OUT + PROUD ACTORS!!???

by Anonymousreply 10January 29, 2021 1:37 AM

This may be Stanley’s year come Oscar time. But not winning is cool, too

by Anonymousreply 11January 29, 2021 1:38 AM

I’m gay and had no problem with the casting because they’re both brilliant. I’d rather see straight Firth and Tucci than Michael Urie and Billy Porter.

by Anonymousreply 12January 29, 2021 1:39 AM

I don't get the "only (fill in characteristic) can play (fill in same characteristic)" thing.

It's supposed to be ACTING, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 13January 29, 2021 1:43 AM

Stanley’s a stud. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 14January 29, 2021 1:51 AM

It's in the movies right now, at mainstream theaters (not just the art circuit), I saw it Thursday.

But now I have more questions than answers. For example, what happened at the end?

Spoilers welcome.

by Anonymousreply 15January 30, 2021 2:22 PM

Two of the hottest men in films, can't wait to see it.

by Anonymousreply 16January 30, 2021 2:26 PM

[quote] Casting a la "wishful thinking."

What do you mean? You saying these guys couldn't be attracted to each other in real life?

by Anonymousreply 17January 30, 2021 2:40 PM

R3 is evidently not part of the Tucci Gang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 30, 2021 2:44 PM

In what world is Stanley Tucci straight?

by Anonymousreply 19January 30, 2021 2:47 PM

As this will be me and my partner in about 5 years, I am anxious to see it. After 25 years, he is showing initial symptoms - just like his maternal line - at the age of 60. I don’t know how I will handle it - but am looking forward to seeing it played out on screen.

by Anonymousreply 20January 30, 2021 2:58 PM

No spoiler, I really wanted to have a good cry, but the picture is a little dry in the manipulation area

by Anonymousreply 21January 30, 2021 8:34 PM

Very dry. Firth and Tucci make it worthwhile, but it's emotionally sterile.

by Anonymousreply 22February 5, 2021 10:11 PM

Firth is so sexy in this film. He just gets better looking with age.

The movie itself is rather bland and slow-moving, nothing much happens (though the location scenery is gorgeous). Sort of like something you'd see on PBS. Of interest mainly to us gays.

by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2021 7:41 AM

Is it streaming anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2021 4:05 PM

I'm usually good with slow character studies, but this was a little dull even for me. That said, it wasn't a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2021 9:54 PM

Colin Firth, ZZZZzzzzz.... "Let's go see a guy who will be literally giving the same performance fo the rest of his life. But he gave it best in "King's Speech", you must admit:"

by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2021 10:13 PM

Wonder how many awards these straight actors will win

by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2021 10:16 PM

Supernova was a 2000 film starring Ralph Fiennes, Angela Bassett, and Wilson Cruz (from My So-Called Life). Stop remaking films and making them gay!

by Anonymousreply 28February 22, 2021 10:30 PM

My partner add I saw this on Valentine's Day. The natural connection of both Tucci and Firth was just incredible. Tucci is my type, and when he takes his shirt off in the movie, even at 60, he still has it! I had a Growler encounter with a Tucci look alike about 10 years ago. The shaved bald head, furry chest, and round furry ass. The treasure trail led down to his full dark bush, and beautiful cock. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 29February 23, 2021 8:26 AM

Where did it take place? I didn’t see any locations mentioned in the credits.

by Anonymousreply 30March 2, 2021 12:56 AM

It was a good movie. My partner and I saw it two weekends ago in a movie theater.

The next one we want to see is THE WORLD TO COME.

by Anonymousreply 31March 2, 2021 1:01 AM

R30, it takes place mostly on roads and in small villages in England.

by Anonymousreply 32March 2, 2021 1:01 AM

Colin Firth ...does Elizabeth Bennett know of this arrangement. I always thought there was something about Mr. Darcy, and now the secret is revealed.

by Anonymousreply 33March 2, 2021 1:09 AM

Who's the top?

by Anonymousreply 34March 2, 2021 1:34 AM

I think Colin was the top.

by Anonymousreply 35March 2, 2021 2:12 AM

Awful film. Gave up when 'that scene' occurred. No joy or life or reality at all.

by Anonymousreply 36March 2, 2021 2:21 AM

Finally saw this. I really liked it. I get that it isn't flashy or too emotional. It felt real to me. Sort of like a gentle gut punch.

And Firth - who I've never thought of as attractive - is hot as fuck in this.

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2021 6:20 AM

Any nudity in this? I've always liked both of them.

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2021 6:25 AM

Not really. You see Firth sleeping half naked. A bit of the ass.

It's not really that sort of movie. But you do feel the two of them are very much in love. Their chemistry is off the charts and it's sexy in that respect. Even if it's not overtly sexual.

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2021 6:51 AM

Just watched this. Touching film, I cried in 2 or 3 spots. Firth and Tucci are great. Tucci has acting chops, screen presence, and a Chris Meloni-esque muscular sexiness but is mostly a supporting character actor (like Gary Cole). Hollywood is unfair.

For fun, I would have liked Gary Cole in Tucci's Alzheimer's sufferer role. I think Cole would be miscast, but a fun challenge nonetheless.

Maybe Gary Oldman can play the Firth caretaker mourner role (even more miscast!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 11, 2022 5:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!