Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm beside myself with anger at the incompetence of the Democratic leadership

I'm so tired of being told "Elections have consequences." B/c if I don't vote, that's the reason the Democrats lose. Except I do vote. I'm in Florida - voting Democratic is an existential leap of faith.

So if I vote and we still lose, at what point do we blame the leadership of Democratic party? I don't care about voter suppression b/c it's not that bad -- yet; the poll workers are not trained alert voters to suppression tactics - like "be sure your signature matches;" they don't vet their candidates; they neglect outreach, and on and on. Most people can analyze better than I can.

I realize the system is broken if the death of an 89 year old can subvert democracy itself. Still - I can't get over this.

Some people have to go - we have to WIN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 21, 2021 4:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 25, 2020 6:37 AM

Холо́дная зима́. Медве́дь бро́дит по́ лесу, иногда́ остана́вливается, стучи́т голово́й о де́рево и кричи́т: "Ну заче́м, заче́м я пил сто́лько ко́фе!?"

by Anonymousreply 2September 25, 2020 6:37 AM

Cанкт-Петербу́рг - э́то оди́н из са́мых краси́вых городо́в Росси́и. Он был осно́ван импера́тором Петро́м I (пе́рвым). Импера́тор реши́л постро́ить го́род здесь, что́бы откры́ть для Росси́и.

by Anonymousreply 3September 25, 2020 6:38 AM

В Санкт-Петербу́рге есть о́чень мно́го краси́вых дворцо́в, музе́ев и церкве́й. Здесь нахо́дится изве́стная янта́рная ко́мната. Ле́том в Санкт-Петербу́рге быва́ют «бе́лые но́чи».

Э́то дни, когда́ но́чью на у́лице почти́ так же светло́, как днём. Э́то са́мое популя́рное вре́мя для тури́стов. Но́чью на у́лицах мно́го люде́й и ка́жется, что весь го́род не спит.

by Anonymousreply 4September 25, 2020 6:39 AM

The government sucks at almost everything, OP. Democrats seem to be the only ones who don't know this. If you rely on the government, you will always be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 5September 25, 2020 6:39 AM

Da, r5. Ра́ньше на э́том ме́сте бы́ло боло́то, поэ́тому постро́ить го́род бы́ло о́чень тру́дно. О́чень мно́го люде́й у́мерло, когда́ стро́или э́тот го́род. Поэ́тому говоря́т, что э́то «го́род на костя́х».

by Anonymousreply 6September 25, 2020 6:40 AM

^^^ How does R6 have 15 WWs already??? It’s only been two minutes.

by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2020 6:43 AM

I'm not Russian - but here's a good Russian quote.

Face the truth squarely. In politics, that is always the best and the only correct attitude.

---Vladimir Lenin

by Anonymousreply 8September 25, 2020 6:44 AM

We don't know what they have up their sleeve yet. It could be... bringing a bimbo forward who Trump paid to have an abortion.

Remember the Access Hollywood pussy-grabbing tape almost did him in, circa 2016.

by Anonymousreply 9September 25, 2020 6:44 AM

Nice psyops, OP. Such sophisticated trolling, my brain melted.

by Anonymousreply 10September 25, 2020 6:44 AM

Stop being paranoid about uncomfortable topic - I'm not trolling, or psycho-opping. I think we need to change our leadership.

by Anonymousreply 11September 25, 2020 7:19 AM

I can't really tell what OP is complaining about. People voted in 2018 which Dems won more than was expected. We haven't had this election so...I do wonder about people who are more upset with the Dems than the Republicans that turn a blind eye to Trump. They chose to acquit and now 200, 00 plus Americans are dead. This is squarely on their shoulders and the shoulders of the members of the electorate that looked at all of what Trump was which was apparent in his campaigning and said, 'Eh'.

I agree, It shouldn't be on an 89 year old who held on for as long as she could. It's on people who are eligible to vote and don't register or vote, some of whom would be Dems but not exclusively. When is the last time the US had voter turnout in a national election at 80% or above. The idea that things will just work somehow has come home to roost, it's the responsibility of everyone in this country. Things don't just work, we have to make them work and that is not solely on the Democratic leadership. The electorate is responsible.

by Anonymousreply 12September 25, 2020 7:21 AM

If you don’t care about voter suppression then you’re extremely naive. The dems are playing it too cool right now. Where is the anger? Somebody needs to do something

by Anonymousreply 13September 25, 2020 7:24 AM

R6 can give you 55 WWs if she wants to as she's the Russian troll with 199 usernames here!

by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2020 7:36 AM

[quote] We don't know what they have up their sleeve yet. It could be... bringing a bimbo forward who Trump paid to have an abortion.

His fans won’t care. Not a single one.

by Anonymousreply 15September 25, 2020 9:17 AM

Trolls & sockpuppets, R7.

I'm not sure why they keep faking WWs for themselves when pretty much every single time someone points out that it's not normal. Anyone on DL knows what they're doing, and anyone not from DL who stumbles across this thread will immediately see that all those WWs are suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 16September 25, 2020 9:19 AM

[quote]I can't really tell what OP is complaining about

He's a division troll disguised as a Concerned Democrat (tm) with lots of concerns. Big concerns! Lots to worry about!

by Anonymousreply 17September 25, 2020 9:20 AM

"We," r11? You can't remember to use your definite articles and you think "psycho-opping" is a word.

Stick to being concerned about your own country, darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 18September 25, 2020 9:22 AM

You're right, OP. The party has fallen apart and appears to have forgotten how elections operate. Too late now. What happens, happens. Biden doesn't make public appearances most days, but he's up in the polls so no worries!

There are an army of mentally ill cranks waiting to jump down the throat of anyone willing to point out the truth.

by Anonymousreply 19September 25, 2020 9:29 AM

The Biden campaign is making a huge mistake by not having its volunteers go knock on doors and canvas neighborhoods because gasp...they fear the Coronavirus. Republicans, on the other hand, are making these efforts.

by Anonymousreply 20September 25, 2020 12:37 PM

[quote]I don't care about voter suppression b/c it's not that bad

You are either a troll or an idiot.

And I don't have time for either. Bye!

by Anonymousreply 21September 25, 2020 1:18 PM

For the life of me, I really don't understand the Democrats' irrational fear of the coronavirus either. They treat the disease as if it were ebola or rabies. This coronaphobia is just exhausting. Stop this insanity at once!!!

by Anonymousreply 22September 25, 2020 1:38 PM

[quote] Somebody needs to do something

Like shit in your mouth?

by Anonymousreply 23September 25, 2020 1:42 PM

R22

200,000 deaths.

by Anonymousreply 24September 25, 2020 1:47 PM

What’s the big deal about the potential lung damage or even death right t22?

by Anonymousreply 25September 25, 2020 1:54 PM

Does OP think Democrats would suddenly be able to win with different leadership?

by Anonymousreply 26September 25, 2020 2:09 PM

I don't understand what the problem is. We got it covered, man.

by Anonymousreply 27September 25, 2020 2:11 PM

Just this month, Biden has been at a 9/11 Memorial in NYC and in Shanksville, PA. The next day, he met with first responders in the Shanksville area, personally bringing them baked goods and beer. On 17 September, Biden participated in CNN's highest ever rated Town Hall from his home town of Scranton, PA, answering questions with skill, empathy and compassion while on his feet instead of sitting on his fat, orange ass. 20 September, he went to National Constitution Center in Philadelphia to speak on what is at stake with this election and the constitutional crisis our nation is facing. 21 September, Joe was in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, listening to the concerns of hard working, blue collar workers from the manufacturing industry. He's in NC today.

In between these in-person events, Biden has done multiple speeches (re: the loss of RGB and her legacy, the 26th anniversary of the National Violence Against Women's Act, etc), virtual fundraisers and managed to not help kill anyone with ineptitude, callousness or greed.

Would any trolls like a summary of what Ms. Harris has been doing? What Team Joe has been working on? I can list them and bring receipts you lying whores.

Only ONE of our presidential candidates hides in a basement bunker. Only ONE of our presidential candidates runs away from people when they're not licking his leaking, prolapsed hole. Only ONE of our presidential candidates would tear gas peaceful protesters to do a photo op.

That man is NOT Joe Biden and he doesn't deserve re-election or to even call himself an American.

by Anonymousreply 28September 25, 2020 2:51 PM

[quote] The government sucks at almost everything, OP. Democrats seem to be the only ones who don't know this. If you rely on the government, you will always be disappointed.

Right wing bullshit strikes again. The National Park service does an excellent job. The postal service works well. The public libraries work well, the public colleges and universities work well. The vast majority of Americans still attend free public schools. All of these can be subverted when they're starved for funds and constant cutbacks which has been Republican policy for decades. Then when they don't work as well as they used to, the Republicans scream about how terrible they are.

by Anonymousreply 29September 25, 2020 3:25 PM

Nice try, Boris. But you're going to have to work harder than that to keep from getting transferred to Siberia.

by Anonymousreply 30September 25, 2020 3:38 PM

"... they fear the Coronavirus. Republicans, on the other hand, are making these efforts."

And the world is watching. Not everyone is dumb. And seeing the Republicans not care about the health of Americans (Trumpcare, anyone?) has to resonate.

by Anonymousreply 31September 25, 2020 3:49 PM

You dare criticize party? You Boris.

by Anonymousreply 32September 25, 2020 5:01 PM

The Republicans are the leaders of the White House and Senate right now, full of shit OP.

They're the ones ruining the country.

Don't bitch about Democrats until they have power and do a worse job.

It will be hard for them to fuck up when they're running against the Apocalyptic Shitshow leadership of Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 33September 25, 2020 5:06 PM

The better question is how did r5 get 3 W&Ws within 30 seconds of posting.

by Anonymousreply 34September 25, 2020 5:08 PM

R32, pissed there are receipts that the Dems aren't hiding and doing nothing like she claims.

Whaaaaaa! Whaaaaaa! Whaaaaaa! Don't destroy my bitchfit with the truth, you meanies!

by Anonymousreply 35September 25, 2020 5:16 PM

[quote]I'm beside myself

Considering the size of you, that's quite a feat.

by Anonymousreply 36September 25, 2020 5:18 PM

[quote] Biden participated in CNN's highest ever rated Town Hall from his home town of Scranton, PA,

Where one of the questioners chosen by CNN confronted him with this.

"Mr. Vice President, I look out over my Biden sign in my front yard and I see a sea of Trump flags and yard signs."

I immediately thought of the Pennsylvania guy who desperately tried to warn Datalounge of this in 2016. He was right but got the same reaction of Op above.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 25, 2020 5:42 PM

Perhaps it'll happen all over again, R37, just like in 2016.

But if it were headed that way...even with all of those Pennsylvania yard signs, why would Dump need to sabotage the USPS? Mail-in balloting? Enacting voting fees for poor and people of color? Closing poll stations?

Why not just do what he does best and sit around and golf? WHY CHEAT IF YOU'RE HEADED TOWARDS ANOTHER VICTORY?

by Anonymousreply 38September 25, 2020 5:58 PM

[quote]Does OP think Democrats would suddenly be able to win with different leadership?

Sure, Bobby Kennedy, LaGuardia, Mayor Daley would cut the Republicans off at the knees. Not suggesting we go back to Tammany Hall, but a willingness to "when they go low, we go even lower" might not be a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 39September 25, 2020 6:55 PM

[quote] Sure, Bobby Kennedy, LaGuardia, Mayor Daley would cut the Republicans off at the knees.

Are you 100 years old? Those people all died between 45-75 years ago, and the Republican Party of their era bears absolutely no resemblance to today’s GOP. The problems are far more complex than you seem to understand and Democrats simply don’t have the political power to do very much.

Attempting to beat Republicans at their own game would be disastrous for the country. That’s not the solution.

by Anonymousreply 40September 25, 2020 7:17 PM

Biden and Harris will always be frauds. Unelected dictators.

by Anonymousreply 41January 21, 2021 4:02 PM

The cleaners called, r41. They're having trouble getting the blood stains out of your white pointy hood outfit.

by Anonymousreply 42January 21, 2021 4:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!