Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

People are so disappointing and I’m afraid I have finally snapped

Years of disappointment and rejection, and pretending that I had good friends when they were really shit have finally all gotten to me. I don’t think I will be contacting any of them again. I just don’t care anymore. I don’t care about anyone except me. No one else cares about me, so it stands to reason that I should focus all my attention on myself. Otherwise, my needs wouldn’t get met at all. Spare me the excuses. I don’t care why they refuse to respond to my texts, reach out, or “spend time” with me. It just doesn’t matter. I won’t allow them to humiliate me any longer. I won’t face another rejection, another unanswered text, or indifferent resoonsr. I will knot be subjected to this cuulty any linger. They simply will not get aw

by Anonymousreply 52September 25, 2020 2:01 AM

Was the migraines thread yours OP?

by Anonymousreply 1September 24, 2020 10:05 AM

I could’ve written your post...

I just “broke up” with a friend of 35 years and one of 5 years. In short, I’m tired of being the one making all the overtures time and time again.

by Anonymousreply 2September 24, 2020 10:07 AM

Such people are ok to have around if you want to maintain a social life for your mental health. Nothing wrong with the occasional text/drink/coffee

Just don’t expect them to care or treat you well if in need. Or to give you Christmas presents.

by Anonymousreply 3September 24, 2020 10:11 AM

Get help, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4September 24, 2020 10:18 AM

I deleted the numbers of people like that. It's rather liberating. I don't send out messages to them to not get back a timely reply (or a reply at all). Go for it.

by Anonymousreply 5September 24, 2020 10:20 AM

Similar feeling here, lots of “one -way friends” these days.

by Anonymousreply 6September 24, 2020 10:20 AM

A therapist taught me "No loaf is better than a half a loaf of something you don't want."

by Anonymousreply 7September 24, 2020 10:21 AM

You people completely missed the point!! Can't you see?! OP got attacked by sneaky blobfish.

by Anonymousreply 8September 24, 2020 11:27 AM

Ran into a guy on the street I used to go out with, he said "you never call me." I replied "Phones work both ways." Then he made some excuse.

by Anonymousreply 9September 24, 2020 11:43 AM

I hear you OP. Just use them with a smile. Be unscrupulous. Keep everything else to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 10September 24, 2020 11:58 AM

What happened to the last part of OP's ranting manifesto? It sounded like OP got possessed by the spirit of the Vairst Ladee. SAD!!!

by Anonymousreply 11September 24, 2020 12:09 PM

Right, and "Earlier this year, I cut off three friends" and Migraines don't exist, etc.

Think of a new theme for your made-up threads.

by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2020 12:19 PM

[quote] What happened to the last part of OP's ranting manifesto?

Sorry, it seems that I had one of my “spells.”

by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2020 12:24 PM

My best friend ditched me when I had throat cancer because I wasn't fun anymore- his exact words. When I got better, and got over the pain, I got him back, I got him back good, hehehe.

by Anonymousreply 14September 24, 2020 12:38 PM

How, R14? I love a good revenge story.

by Anonymousreply 15September 24, 2020 12:51 PM

r15 Long story but I caught him on grindr cheating on his boyfriend, spoke to the guy he was cheating with who confirmed it, screenshot the whole thing-including every sordid sexual detail- and text the screenshots to the boyfriend who went apeshit and dumped him, kicking him out of the apartment. The boyfriend thanked me, my ex best friend threatened to sue me, for what I've no idea. I don't feel bad at all.

by Anonymousreply 16September 24, 2020 12:55 PM

GOOD, R14/16!!!!!!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

by Anonymousreply 17September 24, 2020 12:57 PM

What is the standard time expected for a "timely response" to a text message?

by Anonymousreply 18September 24, 2020 1:00 PM

Oh, take your Pirin tablets, Starina.

by Anonymousreply 19September 24, 2020 1:00 PM

Let us work, work, work out hearts out for the revolution, OP!

by Anonymousreply 20September 24, 2020 1:12 PM

Well, you gotta admit r14 / r16 - You aren't fun anymore.

by Anonymousreply 21September 24, 2020 1:15 PM

OP I find literature an excellent substitute for friendship.

[quote] Had I shouted, no one would have heard, not even had I shouted my head off. I had nothing to say. I was still doomed to go astray. I kept laughing. I would have liked to spit in the other people’s faces. - Georges Bataille, from BLUE OF NOON

by Anonymousreply 22September 24, 2020 1:17 PM

Put your fucking shoes on Agador @R19!

by Anonymousreply 23September 24, 2020 1:18 PM

Snap the lid of the laptop shut, OP.

You're getting nowhere.

-0/10

by Anonymousreply 24September 24, 2020 1:21 PM

[quote] What is the standard time expected for a "timely response" to a text message?

12-24 hours

by Anonymousreply 25September 24, 2020 1:22 PM

I am a friendship true believer but am being forced to accept that maybe I am just too idealistic about friendships. I can’t decide if their nature has changed because society has moved toward somewhat more superficial connections, or if they have always been this way but I just didn’t realize it. I’m lucky having a family/partner who care about me and love, especially at times like this, but I lost my best friendship and miss having a close, connected friend.

by Anonymousreply 26September 24, 2020 1:24 PM

OP is Todd!

by Anonymousreply 27September 24, 2020 1:28 PM

Thanks R25. Just wanted to make sure I am operating within the acceptable text timely response timeframes and I am.

by Anonymousreply 28September 24, 2020 1:41 PM

op, stop the drama and just move on.

by Anonymousreply 29September 24, 2020 1:47 PM

OP has been having several days of drama now R29.

by Anonymousreply 30September 24, 2020 1:49 PM

Yeah he started about 17 threads with this woe is me crap

by Anonymousreply 31September 24, 2020 1:53 PM

OP gave em the ole “BLOOOOOOCKED” lmao

shutting the fuck up costs nothing. Why do people bother

by Anonymousreply 32September 24, 2020 2:20 PM

R11---I figured OP ended in tears.

by Anonymousreply 33September 24, 2020 2:46 PM

How do I unsubscribe to this thread? Op is depressing

by Anonymousreply 34September 24, 2020 2:54 PM

What do blobfish have to do with this loser? We, I mean they, are a peaceful species that just wishes to be left alone with their eats and their tunes. Stop spreading nasty rumors.

by Anonymousreply 35September 24, 2020 3:54 PM

[Quote] I am a friendship true believer but am being forced to accept that maybe I am just too idealistic about friendships.

I inquire about my friends wellbeing, return calls, reply to texts and emails. I don't get the same courtesy and regard in return.

I feel the same r26 but I don't have family or a partner.

by Anonymousreply 36September 24, 2020 4:07 PM

R18/R25 this is my favourite article about textiquette.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 24, 2020 4:33 PM

R18/R25 this is my favourite article about textiquette.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 24, 2020 4:33 PM

Damn, sorry. I’m a double-posting Dave today. The wifi in this juke joint is shitty.

by Anonymousreply 39September 24, 2020 4:35 PM

I would consider being your friend. How big is your cock?

by Anonymousreply 40September 24, 2020 4:41 PM

I would consider being your friend. How big is your cock?

by Anonymousreply 41September 24, 2020 4:41 PM

Same, OP. Got tired of supporting & cheerleading others with their art, drag, music, e.t.c e.t.c. Most of my old "friends" don't talk to me any more. Sick of putting my energy into people who have no time for me.

by Anonymousreply 42September 24, 2020 5:06 PM

The couple of people I've know who've complained about the same thing as OP were emotionally needy in different ways. Either they complained about everything or they were completely self-absorbed and made everything about them. Every interaction was like that and it was exhausting to be around. It's not like they were going through a bad patch which made them behave this way. They were always like this I learned. I eventually had to distance myself from them.

by Anonymousreply 43September 24, 2020 5:22 PM

OP is bipolar off her meds. Get back on your meds, OP. No one wants to return your texts or hang out until your episode is over!

by Anonymousreply 44September 24, 2020 6:15 PM

Good one r38 DDD!

by Anonymousreply 45September 24, 2020 6:49 PM

[quote]OP is bipolar off her meds. Get back on your meds, OP. No one wants to return your texts or hang out until your episode is over!

Fuck you, fattie.

by Anonymousreply 46September 24, 2020 8:07 PM

I’m sorry, R36. It sucks. These are trying times and unfortunately those tend to be the times we notice what we may be lacking in our personal relationships. I get where you’re coming from, like everyone I am just hoping everything improves soon. It’s a terrible time socially for most of us. Are you also the OP?

by Anonymousreply 47September 24, 2020 8:18 PM

[quote] What is the standard time expected for a "timely response" to a text message?

I think it depends on your past practice w/that particular friend. If you are used to responding within 1/2 hour and then you respond the next week, instead, that's either "rude" or a signal of something.

by Anonymousreply 48September 24, 2020 8:23 PM

I am trying to cut down on drinking, and have realized that I am not going to be able to be around my friends anymore. They’re all alcoholics. We all drink together until we pass out, while talking on the phone even. I had quit for 3 months last year, then they came over with 2 bottles of vodka and a box of wine. I just can’t do it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 49September 24, 2020 9:16 PM

[R43] Thank You. If more than several of your friends fall off from communication, time to take a look in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 50September 24, 2020 9:40 PM

Elderlgays need to learn to punch and delete

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 25, 2020 12:08 AM

Are your friends Russian, R49?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 25, 2020 2:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!