Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amish brothers who pled guilty to having sex with pregnant 13-year-old sister avoid jail time

Instead, they must write an apology letter to their community, perform 100 hours of community service and cough up a combined $500 to the Law Enforcement Restitution Fund, according to the Citizen.

Initially, the brothers had been been charged with six felony counts of statutory rape and one felony count of incest, but Webster County Prosecuting Attorney Ben Berkstresser defended his decision to push for the lenient sentence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 29, 2020 6:41 PM

"She's my sister *slap* she's my daughter *slap* she's my sis *slap*"

by Anonymousreply 1September 24, 2020 7:10 AM

“I made the decision not to send them to the (Department of Corrections), to suspend the sentences,” explained Berkstresser. “These two young men would have been eaten alive in the state prison system.” Two more Schwartz brothers, both allegedly minors, also engaged in sexual acts with the sister, who recently gave birth to a baby. “One of the brothers is the father of this child,” said Berkstresser. “But within the Amish community that primarily lives in the Seymour area, (the Amish) don’t see the authority we have to do anything to them. This was a tough case to prosecute.”

What a terrible fucking mess. But the judge (Berkstresser?) is right about the two brothers being eaten alive in prison. It would have been a death sentence - and maybe they deserve it. That poor girl.

by Anonymousreply 2September 24, 2020 7:13 AM

There is such a thing as protective custody in prisons. That’s where they stick the pedos. There’s no good, just reason to not incarcerate these men.

by Anonymousreply 3September 24, 2020 7:16 AM

They should go to prison to send clear message to this "community" that this type of behaviour is not acceptable. Imagine the tons of other children being abused behind their walls right now, or the predators who will now feel emboldened because they now know the will only get a slap on the wrist if caught.

Minority juveniles are eaten alive in detention every day for offences like being used as drug mules by adults or stealing cars to go on joy rides. Fuck these POS cults.

by Anonymousreply 4September 24, 2020 7:28 AM

AMERICA! Raped by her FOUR BROTHERS but "jail would be too much for them"

by Anonymousreply 5September 24, 2020 7:28 AM

That poor girl. Why wasn't she pulled from the community and placed in child protective services?

by Anonymousreply 6September 24, 2020 7:30 AM

The majority of these people vote for the Rethugs, no wonder it's kinda their family values. This is so fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 7September 24, 2020 7:32 AM

R4 there was some expose last year about the rampant sexual abuse in the Amish world

"By age 9, she says, she’d been raped by one of her older brothers. By 12, she’d been abused by her father, Abner*, a chiropractor who penetrated her with his fingers on the same table where he saw patients, telling her he was “flipping her uterus” to ensure her fertility. By 14, she says, three more brothers had raped her and she was being attacked in the hayloft or in her own bed multiple times a week. She would roll over afterward, ashamed and confused. The sisters who shared Sadie’s room (and even her bed) never woke up—or if they did, never said anything, although some later confided that they were being raped too.

Sadie’s small world was built around adherence to rules—and keeping quiet was one of them. “There was no love or support,” she says. “We didn’t feel that we had anywhere to go to say anything.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 24, 2020 7:33 AM

If anyone ever posts on hereabout Moslems or any other POC religious or ethnic group ‘not recognising our courts’, or ‘wanting to police their own community’ or ‘getting lenient treatment’, please remind them of this story, and many others like it over the years. Of white religious groups that cover up the abuse of children (and women, and elders), that don’t think the justice system should touch them, and that let boys and men getaway with rape. Let’s not even get onto the fact that these unChristian Christians also believe that they can treat animals as brutally as they wish, justified by some sick notion of man’s ‘dominion’ over nature.

by Anonymousreply 9September 24, 2020 7:40 AM

r7 - The Amish don't vote.

by Anonymousreply 10September 24, 2020 7:55 AM

Fuck off r10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 24, 2020 8:02 AM

Also, idiotic media should fucking STOP calling acts like this "brothers ~having sex~ with minor sister". It's called rape, you pigs!

by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2020 8:50 AM

Were they good swimmers? Why spare them anything? Oh, wait, I know why:

No fucking one gives the tiniest god damned shit about that raped girl and her baby. Outta sight outta mind, Amish "community," disgusting judge, criminal justice system in general!

by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2020 9:01 AM

The Lord won't mind

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 24, 2020 9:12 AM

Just as it states in R2 quote I don’t see the authority they have to do anything to me.

So I can continue cruising bathrooms and robbing banks to my hearts desire!

by Anonymousreply 15September 24, 2020 9:34 AM

Sovereign citizens!

by Anonymousreply 16September 24, 2020 1:53 PM

I can only for the sake of rape victims that this man is voted out of office.

by Anonymousreply 17September 24, 2020 2:47 PM

“But within the Amish community that primarily lives in the Seymour area, (the Amish) don’t see the authority we have to do anything to them. This was a tough case to prosecute.”

I remember reading a story about a woman that hit a couple of amish kids on a country road and the amish refused to cooperate with authorities, even when it was clearly harm done to them by outsiders, so I am sure they will not cooperate in anyway with crime in their own community.

This story isn't surprising at all - there have been multiple reports about incest & sexual abuse with amish communities and within certain (though not all) amish communities, there is clearly inbreeding/some type of genetic issues going on.

by Anonymousreply 18September 24, 2020 2:58 PM

I'm from PA Dutch Country, and what people don't understand is that the government entities in this area feel like they need to compromise with the Amish, because if the Amish leave, the tourists won't come. Everyone in the area knows the evil shit the Amish (and the Mennonites) do. They run puppy mills, abuse their wives and kids, and beat their horses, sometimes to death.

But if they leave, the tourists won't come. Amish in PA Dutch Country even get special tax breaks to help them keep their farms and stay on the land -- just to keep the local tourism industry afloat.

Every time people give Muslims a hard time, I think of the Amish and how they're almost revered by people who know nothing about them or their culture.

by Anonymousreply 19September 24, 2020 3:16 PM

No one would know if a bunch of actors were hired by the Tourism Board to pretend to be Amish to sell cheese or whatever to tourists.

by Anonymousreply 20September 24, 2020 3:22 PM

Can't wait for the Maury episode to find out which brother is the daddy!

by Anonymousreply 21September 24, 2020 3:23 PM

I dont even begin to understand this insane story . And the 2 brothers were hideous ! To the gallows with them !

by Anonymousreply 22September 24, 2020 3:37 PM

No one would know if a bunch of actors were hired by the Tourism Board to pretend to be Amish to sell cheese or whatever to tourists.

Ah, you'd know; that slack jawed, potato face look & underlying smell of BO can't be so easily replicated, even among the deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 23September 24, 2020 3:38 PM

Who knew the Amish were such evil assholes.

by Anonymousreply 24September 24, 2020 4:18 PM

Now substitute "Black" for "Amish". You think they would get off with such a light sentence?

by Anonymousreply 25September 24, 2020 4:28 PM

Who knew the Amish were such evil assholes.

I think it's just a culture where women are nothing more than beasts of burden. A friend ran a nursing home and continually received applications for employment from women who left the amish/mennonite communities. The women almost universally said it's because they were treated so badly - expected to work like mules, continually bear children, sometimes abused with no recourse - that they just couldn't take it anymore. And these are menial, low paying jobs that look like a better life to these women.

by Anonymousreply 26September 24, 2020 4:43 PM

In a sane community, the girl would be offered the option of abortion instead of having to have one more kid for her brothers to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 27September 24, 2020 4:48 PM

But, they're white - and it's religious - so, behave boys, and we'll let you off!

by Anonymousreply 28September 24, 2020 4:51 PM

[quote] [R7] - The Amish don't vote.

R10 yes they do

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 24, 2020 11:23 PM

r25 read my mind

by Anonymousreply 30September 24, 2020 11:39 PM

They also apparently have an interest in meth dealing. It’s supposedly fairly common.

by Anonymousreply 31September 25, 2020 12:20 AM

White privilege

by Anonymousreply 32September 25, 2020 12:44 AM

Tell that to the girls who were raped, R32.

by Anonymousreply 33September 25, 2020 1:01 AM

White male privilege

by Anonymousreply 34September 25, 2020 1:02 AM

I think "Witness" made everyone think the Amish were these peaceful, dove-like communities of simple folk'.

by Anonymousreply 35September 25, 2020 1:03 AM

R35 I blame Tim and Kirstie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 25, 2020 1:04 AM

Amish or not , HOW are those fucking freaks not in jail ??? I guarantee if theyd have been regular white joes theyd be under the jail. Why isnt the govenor stepping in on this ?

by Anonymousreply 37September 25, 2020 1:05 AM

R37 White male privilege

by Anonymousreply 38September 25, 2020 1:07 AM

Hell, R9. All of these so-called Christians who worry about "Sharia Law" (which BTW would include never again paying interest on bank loans, mortgages etc.), think Trump who is accused of sexually-assaulting countless women, is above the law. They worship him.

by Anonymousreply 39September 25, 2020 1:09 AM

Can you imagine the horror that girl went through ? Being repeatedly raped with all the physical and mental pain that goes with it, only to become pregnant and having to give birth to an inbred ? And those fuckers are not in jail because they would be "eaten alive"? They should get the fucking death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 40September 25, 2020 11:41 AM

Can’t we condemn both r39? I don’t see any of the social justice types pushing this case on twitter or calling for the judge and prosecutor to resign.

by Anonymousreply 41September 25, 2020 12:02 PM

Worst of all, they're ugly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 26, 2020 3:29 AM

R10, yes they vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 26, 2020 3:35 AM

Actually I don't think they're so ugly, they just have terrible haircuts.

I get the simplicity thing, but is there some line in the bible about "thou shalt have a bowl hair cut" that I'm not aware of?

by Anonymousreply 44September 26, 2020 11:42 AM

Trump always has the “grab ‘me by the pussies’ bloc in his pocket!

by Anonymousreply 45September 29, 2020 6:40 PM

Grab ‘em by the pussies bloc*

by Anonymousreply 46September 29, 2020 6:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!