Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Retro remixes of recent pop songs

Have any of you come across these channels on YouTube? Generally they take a more recent pop song, and remix it to sound like it came out of the 80s. I have to say, I think some of them are done really well. I'm not a fan of modern pop music so much, but these remixes often make me like the song more. Thought I'd share some, and if anyone else has some favourites, it'd be great to hear them too.

Below is an 80s inspired remix of Ariana Grande's "Into You".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23Last Sunday at 3:25 AM

Giorgio Moroder inspired remix of "Toxic" by Britney Spears:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109/22/2020

And here's one that really surprised me. I really like this, and have never liked anything with Taylor Swift in it before. A 70s-style bossa nova mix of her song "Cardigan":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209/22/2020

"It's Like That" to an Oprah workout.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309/22/2020

"Touch My Body."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409/22/2020

80s Remix: Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean it's 1985?

They even add in a sax solo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509/22/2020

Not the same thing, but I love this Latin remix of "Somebody Groovy" by the Mamas and Papas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 609/22/2020

Katy Perry if she were backed by Miami Sound Machine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 709/22/2020

These are great, haha! By the way, I'm obsessed with Oprah's facial expressions while dancing in that clip above, makes me laugh so much!

Doesn't that Justin Bieber remix sound exactly like something that could've come out of one of those crappy teen movies from the 80s? šŸ˜‚

by Anonymousreply 809/22/2020

Childish Gambino - This Is America (70s remix)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 909/23/2020

80s remix of "Stupid Love" by Gaga.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1009/23/2020

All these mixes are better and more listenable than the originals.

by Anonymousreply 1109/23/2020

R11, I agree with you!

by Anonymousreply 1209/23/2020

The original was obviously released several decades too late

80s Remix: Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball (1987 Version)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1309/25/2020

80s Remix: Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14Last Friday at 6:32 AM

OK this is brilliant: The Weekndā€™s Blinding Lights in the style of Depeche Mode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15Last Friday at 5:51 PM

This is a really good mashup

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16Last Friday at 9:18 PM

Thanks everyone! These are so enjoyable!

by Anonymousreply 17Last Friday at 9:45 PM

I have found my new hobby. I guess I'll never emerge from the 80s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18Last Saturday at 12:14 AM

During the lockdown, a DJ group has been mixing 50 songs from a single 80-90s year into a 3 minute video. They are currently working their way through the 90s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19Last Saturday at 4:45 AM

^I love that idea! I look forward to going through the 90s stuff in particular as I'm a child of the 90s. Great find!

by Anonymousreply 20Last Saturday at 1:36 PM

I want it that way

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21Last Saturday at 1:59 PM

Disturbia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22Last Saturday at 6:39 PM

You guys are finding some gems! :)

by Anonymousreply 23Last Sunday at 3:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!