Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Genoa City: Nikki Newman in quarantine

The poor dear can't go to the hairdresser and clearly, her wig game is NOT on point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291Last Sunday at 5:57 PM

Thank you, new thread starter. The previous thread had been in quarantine since July.

by Anonymousreply 109/21/2020

It's been quite funny watching how much closer Sharon gets to Adam physically than she does Rey. I was hoping that was going to amount to something, storywise, and Adam-takes-his-shirt-off-wise, but nothing yet. It's just a side effect of La Pandemica they're hoping we'll ignore.

by Anonymousreply 209/21/2020

Considering how many of these bitches has been in prison, I would think none of them would have wanted to be locked up in a hotel with a bunch of other women!

by Anonymousreply 309/21/2020

Jabottom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409/21/2020

r4 ewww

Whenever he's in the opening credits, I give him the finger. Summer and Theo, too. Also Phyllis and Abby.

by Anonymousreply 509/21/2020

I remember that summer when Theo would give him a couple of fingers. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 609/21/2020

Theo is so fucking useless. The actor playing him needs a bath. I cannot stand him. Always FF through his scenes.

by Anonymousreply 709/21/2020

I need to see how clean Theo’s taint is before I commit. Is he going for Kyle’s sloppy seconds?

by Anonymousreply 809/21/2020

What was the point of the Sharon eyeballs and panting and Adam leaving Chelsea if they were just going to snap back and pretend it didn't happen? Sharon Case really is the worst actor with those types of scenes. Kind of ironic (or moronic) to show a wannabe therapist lying THAT badly about somebody she's supposedly treating.

by Anonymousreply 909/21/2020

I don't mind Theo, At this point, I actually enjoy him more than JaBottom. And while the back story connecting Theo to Dina was totally unnecessary (not to mention uninteresting). he looks like he could throw a mean fuck. .. But the hair crew have failed him. Johnson has an amazingly thick head of hair that needs a proper cut and different product. Whatever they're using doesn't translate well to the camera. Other projects have styled him much better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1009/21/2020

Theo needs to look as if he has NO product in his hair. That's his downfall.

by Anonymousreply 1109/21/2020

R4

Sharon has no taste if she'd rather fuck skinny minnie Adam over hot papi Rey.

by Anonymousreply 1209/21/2020

I'm just as tasteless, r12. Mark Grossman is the first guy I've watched a soap for in decades...since Danny Markel, actually. Rey suffers from well-meaning dogface.

by Anonymousreply 1309/21/2020

Even before their real-life hook-up, Case's chemistry with Grossman was palpable.

Jordi's hot, but the Rey character is kinda boring. I don't know who they should pair him with. From what I remember, he had a similar problem on DOOL when he was playing NuDario.

Maybe they should just pair Rey with his beer bottle and let him do solo web cam shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1409/21/2020

Jordi had chemistry with his costar on Guiding Light but that was about it

They need to pair Rey with a little ginger bottom boy

by Anonymousreply 1509/21/2020

Hans and I recently taped a few exquisite party scenes together. We are thick as thieves as Victor Newman and Katherine Shepherd Reynolds Chancellor Thurston Sterling Murphy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1609/21/2020

R15 If Y&R wanted to do something buzzworthy, recast Noah to be a blondish-ginger (mid-20s like he should be) and finally play his bisexuality.

Noah and Rey could have a *moment* bonding over their concern for Sharon and her cancer.

Ooops!

by Anonymousreply 1709/21/2020

R17 Yes!

by Anonymousreply 1809/21/2020

When are the lezzys going to eat snatch? I want to see that happen!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1909/21/2020

R16 And still no debut date in sight, Scoche

by Anonymousreply 2009/21/2020

The only debut that psychotic shitgibbon is having is in his/her mind

by Anonymousreply 2109/21/2020

I just don't see the appeal of Grossman. Physically he wouldn't turn my head & I'm at the point where I want Adam off the show. He's on everyday & even if he's not in scenes the remaining characters are talking about his boring ass.

by Anonymousreply 2209/22/2020

I like Grossman. He's the right kind of fucked-up but sexy that character needs to be. The Chelsea character is just completely useless. I can't even stand the way the actress annunciates. The Theo actor really needs a haircut and to stay out of the sun. He's wayyy too tan.

I REALLY hate the way the characters dump each other after dating for two weeks on this show without zero build-up. Nick couldn't stand Phliyss and now they're in love AGAIN. Whatshisface dumps Lola to get with Summer AGAIN.

by Anonymousreply 2309/22/2020

[quote]I like Grossman. He's the right kind of fucked-up but sexy that character needs to be. The Chelsea character is just completely useless. I can't even stand the way the actress annunciates.

Connor is Genoa City's Baby Jesus?

by Anonymousreply 2409/22/2020

OMG! Don’t let Dumb Dylan from the SON see that you don’t like Grossman. Dumb Dylan thinks that Grossman is the BEST actor ever And best looking person in the history of the world.

by Anonymousreply 2509/22/2020

ENUNCIATE. Sorry, Sister Mary Catherine Cunt-twat

by Anonymousreply 2609/22/2020

Pleased to see youngsters still watch "my stories".

by Anonymousreply 2709/22/2020

R23

I would be so happy if they wrote Adam, Chelsea & Connor off the show.

by Anonymousreply 2809/22/2020

I would have no reason to watch if they wrote Adam off the show. I did not, and probably will not, watch yesterday's (9/21/20) episode. Thankfully, Adam is on today (9/22/20). I wonder how long this story would have gotten dragged out in the late '80s/early '90s. I would have loved every minute of it, mainly because of Mark Grossman.

by Anonymousreply 2909/22/2020

Michael Muhney is the ONLY Adam!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3009/22/2020
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3109/22/2020

^^^^

What a lame assed tattoo.

by Anonymousreply 3209/22/2020

I can't buy him as Adam.

He would have made more sense as nuNoah.

by Anonymousreply 3309/22/2020

Sharon as his mother? Riiiiiiiight.

by Anonymousreply 3409/22/2020

Gimme Papi Rey any day! He's a man -- the rest of these guys are just boys.

by Anonymousreply 3509/22/2020

I just wished they had some well crafted stories to tell.

by Anonymousreply 3609/22/2020

[quote] He would have made more sense as nuNoah.

Not really.

Any nuNoah needs to be in the 26-year old range in order to now appear younger than his older sister, Mariah. They sorased Noah after Cassie died, so it was accepted with her not being around, but now that we have twin sister Mariah, it looks weird that a husky guy in his mid-30s his playing her younger brother. (Grimes is 30 and the popular Cassie had been aged naturally, so up until her death, Noah had been as well.)

by Anonymousreply 3709/22/2020

Mark is one of the more interesting actors to watch on this show. Too bad Griffith can't come up with something better for him.

by Anonymousreply 3809/22/2020

So Grimes came out as a big ole lez. Shocking I tell ya. lol

by Anonymousreply 3909/22/2020

I thought she came out as bi r39?

by Anonymousreply 4009/22/2020

Yeah, she’s bi alright. She buys right into pussy.

by Anonymousreply 4109/22/2020

Rather funny though, that she immediately followed up with the statement that it was her bisexual boyfriend who led her to this conclusion. Is he invisible?

by Anonymousreply 4209/22/2020

^^^^

Isn't her boyfriend the actor who plays Noah? Did they breakup?

by Anonymousreply 4309/22/2020

outside of Sharon's cancer is there any real, meaty story?

We can't invest in Summer and Kyle; they were already married.

I don't care that Lola's alone; she's whiny

Devon is stunned that Hilary and Amanda are sisters; he'd be insane not to know that in his heart the second they found out Amanda grew up in foster care

Adam v. Victor (snzzzz)

Chancecom; I want to cancel my subscription

Adam Chance what happened in vegas can say there b/c NOBODY CARES

by Anonymousreply 4409/22/2020

Then stop fucking watching, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 4509/22/2020

R43, no she's dating Fen. I thought both Max and Zack were gay.

But Max is engaged to some singer and Zack is dating Tessa/Cait in real life.

by Anonymousreply 4609/22/2020

Stories ARE terrible.

by Anonymousreply 4709/22/2020

The actor who plays Chance is so fucking homely! Oh mother of god.

by Anonymousreply 4809/22/2020

R48 You are obviously suffering from visual impairment. You should make a fucking eye appointment ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 4909/22/2020

R49 he’s not soap opera hot. He’s average at best. But it’s kind of refreshing to have an actor who’s not a 9 or 10 on the looks scale on y and r for a change. I think it’s kind of hilarious when 99 percent of people on any soap are super attractive when it’s not like that in real life. I know it’s fantasy but still. Even though Chance is pretty dull like every fucking character on this show right now.

by Anonymousreply 5009/22/2020

R43 Camryn and Robert Adamson (Noah) are not a couple in that way. Just really good friends. They've talked about the crazy fans who made that up. Some idiots were even saying they were married RME.

Cait Fairbanks (Tessa) is the one who is dating Zach Tinker (NuFen).

by Anonymousreply 5109/22/2020

As Prince Chancellor, Chance should be a total soap hunk.

I find Boaz average in both looks and acting.

by Anonymousreply 5209/22/2020

John Driscoll is a million times better looking than ugly Boaz.

by Anonymousreply 5309/22/2020

Driscoll's March wedding photo made it appear that he likes Army food A LOT, showing off his double chin.

(Bride was very pregnant, btw. She was due in August.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5409/22/2020

Not a fan of tattoos, but even I have to say that's a lame tattoo that Grossman has at r31

by Anonymousreply 5509/22/2020

Does anyone at CBS/SONY care about Y&R? This slow, painful death gets harder to watch every day.

by Anonymousreply 5609/23/2020

R46. "Some singer" is Demi Lovato. I mean...I couldn't name a song by her at gunpoint, but she's pretty popular. And a FUCKING mess to boot.

by Anonymousreply 5709/23/2020

R57 Yes, Demi is a mess, but so is Max. A mess made in heaven with these two. It won’t end well, we already know that but in the meantime, get the popcorn and watch it unravel. It was just a short while ago that Max was tweeting Selena Gomez trying to get a date with her and now he’s suddenly engaged to Demi. He’s an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 5809/23/2020

R56 It seems as though CBS only cares as long as they can say that they are #1. They don’t care that Y&R has lost a million viewers in a year. As long as its still #1 in viewers. Its obvious that they don’t care what a boring mess of a show Y&R has become because they keep the loser Griffith and allow him to write such snoozeworthy shit. The show is so dull.

by Anonymousreply 5909/23/2020

yeah, she was will's surrogate on Will & Grace.

I feel badly for her; she doesn't know who this guy is.

by Anonymousreply 6009/23/2020

R56, in the latest ratings, Y&R was a clear No. 1 in both households and in the coveted Women 18-49 demographic.

Go figure.

Steve Kent wants to keep his college buddy Josh employed so he lets him stay and he hired him even though he knows his past stints have been crap.

I don't think they know the foundations of a good story.

by Anonymousreply 6109/23/2020

With the required social distancing, The Stafford seems even more awkward and goofy in her scenes than normal. For some reason, the inappropriate grinning and gesturing.are even more pronounced. Remind me why they brought her back. and Josh Morrow thinks this is a good direction for Nick? These two worried about Dummer reuniting with JaBottom is something that could be written for recurring middle-aged parents.

by Anonymousreply 6209/23/2020

I think they brought her back, R62 , because TBTB knew there was not a chance in hell that Gina Tognoni would ever play this shit.

Meanwhile, WTF diid Amelia and Mishael do to their faces? They looked like a couple concentration camp escapees today.

by Anonymousreply 6309/23/2020

R63 I noticed that MM looks very different. Almost sickly.

by Anonymousreply 6409/23/2020

How did this show become so boring? Even the Sharon cancer story is a joke. Sharon looks great for someone going through round 2.

by Anonymousreply 6509/23/2020

The show is boring and fans across all demographics seem to agree judging by social media posts. Sharon’s cancer is the type of storyline soap should be able to depict well and should give Sharon Case some good material but it’s not just panning out at all.

Amanda as Hilary’s twin to bring back Mishael Morgan, OK, but it was obvious they were twins months ago so not exactly a revelation and given it’s a Cassie / Mariah retread there was no need to drag it out.

Agree Noah should be recast, with his pedigree he should be one of the leading character. They could easily lose Theo and bring Noah back and make him front and center.

Camryn Grimes is besties with Linsey Godfrey, formerly of B&B and now on Days, who used to date the guy who plays Noah and has a kid with him. I think Grimes introduced them or something. She has a “bisexual” boyfriend she posts Insta pics with. The bf looks gay and she pings to high heaven whilst never having any chemistry with guys so....

The lesbian fans believe the girl who plays Mariah’s girlfriend Tessa has recently dumped the guy who plays Fen, as he’s not in her Insta stories anymore or something.

by Anonymousreply 6609/23/2020

So Connor is off to St. Mallory's boarding school. Good.

Sounds like a Catholic prep school for boys.

Hopefully, this means he'll return next summer SORASed to 16 and in love with his Lacrosse teammate.

Let's make the boyfriend an economically-disadvantaged Latino who was sent to St. Mallory's on scholarship.

He can be "Javier Torres," Rafe's nephew.

by Anonymousreply 6709/23/2020

Yeah. Camryn is “bi”. Yup

Why do people fall for this shit?

by Anonymousreply 6809/23/2020

R68, I am usually just as cynical (the Wynonna Earp actresses for example are absolutely full of shit), but CG seemed to have a thing with her friend Hayley Erin back in the day and only ever has chemistry with women on-screen. Then again, she decided to “come out” in a Twitter reply because a fan told her she couldn’t audition for Batwoman without being “queer” in real life, so who fucking knows.

I can’t see the Tessa character lasting much longer, but I think they’re going for a slow burn departure where she just gradually fades away. Maybe they will let them have a wedding day first.

I always think Adam should be bi. Or failing that, Kyle. But they’re both stuck in the same two or three dull straight romances over and over.

by Anonymousreply 6909/23/2020

Camryn is a lezzie. There’s nothing bi about her.

by Anonymousreply 7009/23/2020

Yes, agree that’s more likely R70.

by Anonymousreply 7109/23/2020

Camryn is as “bi” as Elton John back in the day. CG is a DYKE!

by Anonymousreply 7209/24/2020

Ugh- Judith “Bug eyes” Chapman is coming back??? The show gets worse by the day!

by Anonymousreply 7309/24/2020

Demi dumped Max.

pretends to be shocked.

by Anonymousreply 7409/24/2020

Those thighs were too much for Max to handle.

by Anonymousreply 7509/24/2020

Max is as big a mess as Demi. Will he go back to tweeting Selena for a date?

by Anonymousreply 7609/24/2020

I can't decide which is more boring - Slummer and JaBottom badly selling the idea that they are hot and in love, or Ick and Syphyllis droning on and on about what a bad idea it is for their daughter to get married again. NO ONE CARES. Bring on Judith Chapman. Maybe she can liven this snooze fest up.

by Anonymousreply 7709/24/2020

Camryn looks like an egg with eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 7809/24/2020

My god this show has become so boring I actually look forward to watching DOOL. That has never happened! No tension, no drama...just slow on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 7909/24/2020

R77 Yep, and add Chance and Abby to the snoozefest as well.

by Anonymousreply 8009/24/2020

It’s so bad, I switched to B&B. The guy who plays Thomas is super swish but fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 8109/24/2020

R67: Honey, Y and R did that 20 years ago with Billy Abbott and 'poor latino boy who somehow went to rich private prep school' Raul. I guarantee they were experimenting in the pool house long before mousy Mack showed up.

by Anonymousreply 8209/24/2020

Y&R seems to have brought some stuff to a close and redirected stories over the past couple of weeks. Could they have used the time away to rewrite and bring some of the duds to an end? Examples:

We’re finally done with the insipid Phyllis/Abby crap. For a show that had one character hauling dinosaur bones around last month in order to best the other, you know they were in it for the long haul with this shit.

Suddenly picking up the Amanda/Hilary twin angle when they hadn’t bothered to touch it before.

Lola/Theo were on til she started to go all psycho at every little thing and now they’re off.

Adam/Sharon reconnecting out of the blue for like two weeks and then nothing.

by Anonymousreply 8309/24/2020

I don’t like Michelle Staff infection.

by Anonymousreply 8409/24/2020

R83 If you're sensing some new directions in storytelling, it might have more to do with Susan Dansby having been brought in as a Story Consultant.

by Anonymousreply 8509/25/2020

Dansby is overrated. Her work on ATWT was a mess. She’s not gonna help Yawn & Boring. Firing the failure Griffith is the only way that things will change for the better. And just NO to hiring Miss Giddens. He’s a failure.

by Anonymousreply 8609/25/2020

I don't see Susan Dansby in the writers' credits yet.

by Anonymousreply 8709/25/2020

You people are INSANE. Stafford seems to be the ONLY actor not sleepwalking through their scenes.

by Anonymousreply 8809/25/2020

If you say so, r88. I FF right through her scenes, as well as those with Summer, Kyle, Lola, and Theo. I'm forced to watch Abby because Chance figures in Adam's story right now.

by Anonymousreply 8909/25/2020

My sentiments exactly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9009/25/2020

They should have never asked Stafford back. She is an instant FF. Always.

by Anonymousreply 9109/25/2020

I don’t see Giddens as a failure. It’s a shame “Ambitions” was cancelled because it wasn’t half bad. Far better than the Tyler Perry soap on OWN. And anything would be better than current Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 9209/25/2020

R91 Stafford is fine. It’s the coma inducing material she’s been given that’s the problem.

by Anonymousreply 9309/25/2020

R92

Ambitions not getting a second season was stupid. It got solid ratings for OWN and it now getting good ratings on STARZ..

Jamey has a bright future though. He's sold 2 new shows.

by Anonymousreply 9409/25/2020

Bring back Fen. Damn, he’s was hot, spunky, sexy and had great chemistry with Dull Kyle. Bring back some Young and some Restless.

Shit can Braedon and Melody. Send the characters Nicholas and Victoria out to pasture. What more is there to say about their characters? They had their day in the sun. Enough already.

And write an actual story, not just time filler scenes.

by Anonymousreply 9509/25/2020

Nick looks like he hangs out with the hoboes of Genoa City in between school drop-offs and lobby chats with his abrasive girlfriend. I snort a little every time a characters begins a scene with him with 'busy day?'

by Anonymousreply 9609/25/2020

R83, you're giving them waayyy to much credit.

Show needs a new head writer; it's going to be more of the same of Adam suddenly hating Victor over and over...

Nick nodding.

Phyllis lusting after Nick like she's 25.

Nikki fretting

Sharon looking glamorous as a cancer patient (otherwise, she's doing an awesome job).

by Anonymousreply 9709/25/2020

R94 Ambitions was a failure! Its lost 60%of its audience from Episode 1 to its last episode. How is that a success? It could not hold its audience and Giddens had years to perfect this baby. He could never write 250 episodes of a soap and expect to hold the audience interest when he couldn’t even hold the Ambitions audience for 18 episodes. Ambitions was a failure all around.

by Anonymousreply 9809/25/2020

Drink your juice R98 .

by Anonymousreply 9909/25/2020

R96, yeah, still a nice looking guy but my main suspense point in waiting for his scenes is: is this the day Nick has finally washed his hair?!

Never is.

by Anonymousreply 10009/25/2020

That "beard" Joshua Morrow tries to grow doesn't do him any favors either. It's not only patchy, but the gray in it puts 10 years on him and makes his round face look fat.

by Anonymousreply 10109/25/2020

Did they fire the hair and makeup people? Heinle's hair looked like it was done with a blender today. Even her trying to cunt it up with Abby, Chance, and Chelsea she came off as some deranged homeless woman they were humoring until the police got there.

by Anonymousreply 10209/25/2020

R98 Just from what I saw of The Rich & the Ruthless and Ambitions, I know I wouldn't be able to sit through 250 episodes per year of La Giddens. And watching these actual productions of his stories, they pretty much proved what I'd already concluded about his work beforehand. .. He used to do lengthy twitter threads where he would go on-and-on about what he'd do with a current daytime soap opera, and whenever he'd to a "Y&R treatment," I remembr usually only liking about 1 out of 10 of his ideas. In short, I just don't think he'd be the right fit for Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 10309/25/2020

R102 they only have limited people working behind the scenes during socially distanced filming. Apparently some costume back, but not hair / makeup.

Which is where this thread started, with Nikki’s wig!

by Anonymousreply 10409/25/2020

In comparison, I thought MTS looked ab-fab today. Whatever cosmetic work she had done looks really fine-tuned. Plus, she's back to being well-styled.

by Anonymousreply 10509/25/2020

R104

MST said their hair/makeup people came back in week 3.

Heinle's hair is always a mess. They need to tell her to cut that unkempt horse's tail.

by Anonymousreply 10609/25/2020

R98/103

Jamey isn't aiming to work at YR. He has sold 2 new pilots to TV.

by Anonymousreply 10709/25/2020

R106 I sit corrected. Heinle does need her hair trimmed.

by Anonymousreply 10809/25/2020

R108

A trim? She needs at least a foot of hair cut off.

by Anonymousreply 10909/25/2020

At least once during each episode Amelia Heinle is in, I thank the soap gods that we are no longer forced to watch Ms. PSS.

by Anonymousreply 11009/25/2020

Aa long as Giddens stays the FUCK away from Y&R, I’m good. Sell all he wants. His Ambitions FAILED and I remember him thinking that he could headwrite Y&R. He’s an idiot. Just stay away from Y&R queen Giddens!

by Anonymousreply 11109/25/2020

Alan Sarapa, the HOTTIE, is weighing in.

by Anonymousreply 11209/25/2020

Giddens would be a hell of a lot better than the God awful pablum JG is churning out. I high schooler in creative writing class could do better than JG.

by Anonymousreply 11309/25/2020

The fat SLOB Giddens would be the worst writer for Y&R. Good that he has sold 2 shows. Stay far, far, far away from Y&R you fat pig!

by Anonymousreply 11409/25/2020

All the Jamey hate here is hilarious; I remember when people here picked on his weight and told him he'd NEVER sell his own show.

Well, he DID sell his own show.

I watched Ambitions; it was good and had potential to grow.

He'll work more. He's in the club. The hard part is over. ALL TV ratings are going down. There's like 500 + channels plus all the streaming.

I could watch nothing but FX programs and be busy all day.

Jamey is making his dreams come true; maybe focus on your own before slamming him for pursuing his.

Or, in the words of Reva Lewis, 'Try love.'

by Anonymousreply 11509/25/2020

Nice to see you here, Jamey. Look at your resume: Ambitions = Failure. Cancelled. Go live your dreams but stay away from our beloved daytime soaps.

by Anonymousreply 11609/25/2020

I don't hate Jamey. I just don't think whatever he's pitching is the right fit for Y&R.

I'd also question whether Ambitions was successful. As someone else pointed out above, the show didn't maintain it's momentum with viewers dropping. And It's score among IMDb voters is a very mediocre 5.0. That's pretty much my opinion as well.

by Anonymousreply 11709/26/2020

During the hiatus they should have looked for a hot twink to assume the position of "Jared." The current actor, who is said to reappearing soon, is average on all levels.

by Anonymousreply 11809/26/2020

He seems to have something to do with Amanda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11909/26/2020

R117, didn't mean to single you out. No, I know all people don't hate Jamey,

and there are two ways to look at Ambitions or anything else in life; it's amazing he got it on the air at all.

Will Packer didn't dismiss him; he didn't judge him; he gave him a shot. And then Jamey gave it his all and worked his ass off. There's the success even without a season 2.

There have been haters here on DL saying he'd never get anything done. Well, that's not true. I've met him. A few rough edges, sure? Who doesn't. But he cares about seeing solid stories.

My take on Ambitions is the characters weren't introduced as well as they could have been. But how many shows have we seen go for several seasons that aren't that good?

When I was a kid we had three channels -- and ratings were what they were. Now, there's 500 plus channels plus streaming... it's already all too much. It's hard to make anything a success these days.

by Anonymousreply 12009/26/2020

Have you seen Jamey’s ass??? Its ginormous. He certainly did not work it off. Ambitions failed. It couldn’t hold its audience and was cancelled. Jamey tried. He failed. I’m glad about it.

by Anonymousreply 12109/26/2020

Was Mel Thomas Snott’s book a big flop? You never hear anything about it and no one has talked about any good gossipy revelations that were in the book. There was all this hype beforehand and then when it was released- crickets. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 12209/26/2020

R122 I don't know. .. But given that in-person, bookstore-tour promotions haven't been available to MTS during the pandemic, her memoir is already ranked higher in sales at Amazon than both EB's book and Jeannie Cooper's memoir. .. Not only that, but MTS's book is currently ranked #37 on the Television Performer Biographies List. In comparison, the book from Maurice Benard of General Mobspital is currently down the list at #80 and it came out just a few months before MTS's. .. And right now, Amazon shows the hard cover version of MTS's book temporarily unavailable, so that version must have sold out from that very prominent bookseller.

So comparatively, if MTS's book is a flop, then I guess all those others would be as well.

by Anonymousreply 12309/27/2020

Maurice wasn't able to have in person signings either.

Melody's book is quite good, excellent, in fact; very conversational and she saved stories she'd never told over the years. Great photos.

You really REALLY have to sell a book. Get out there yourself and promote the hell out of it.

If soaps still packed the malls and halls like they did in the 80s and even into the 90s, then they'd sell like hotcakes.

It's too bad they can't have one HUGE in person soap convention (post-COVID, of course) and stars can bring the books and mingle with fans and do meet and greets and photo ops.

Maybe Y&R and B&B need to get in on that Creation thing. But those things are REALLY expensive.

by Anonymousreply 12409/27/2020

Who the fuck is Alyssa? She has the A storyline on Yawn & Ridiculous? No wonder their ratings are in the shitter. I watch nearly everyday and have no clue who Alyssa is or what she’s about. The show is utter shit.

by Anonymousreply 12509/28/2020

Soaps used to have A B and C storylines. Y&R has all C storylines. Nothing ever happens. It’s SO boring!

by Anonymousreply 12609/28/2020

R125 she’s the daughter of the guy Adam killed as a kid. She’s working with Billy to write an article on all of Adams dirty deeds. I actually don’t mind the Adam getting exposed story. At least it’s something going on. The rest of the show I basically fast forward anymore.

by Anonymousreply 12709/28/2020

John Driscoll was perfection when he was on GL. Not the most dynamic actor, but a beautiful, beautiful man.

by Anonymousreply 12809/28/2020

R115 I've poked fun at Miss Giddens a few times. But I do respect what he's done and accomplished. More than us chatters.

I do think he goes a little too far into the Shonda Rhimes style DRAMA! moments but doesn't have as clear of a grounding in the quieter, emotional moments. You need a balance both for good soap and I think all of the remaining soaps are sort of anemic when it comes to small character stuff because they all want to make EVERY! MOMENT! POP!

He might be good for Y&R if he were paired with someone who could balance the drama out. He certainly has SOME good ideas.

by Anonymousreply 12909/28/2020

[quote] At least once during each episode Amelia Heinle is in, I thank the soap gods that we are no longer forced to watch Ms. PSS.

I'd rather have Ms. Pinched Sphincter Syndrome than Whispery Goth Mommy any day.

by Anonymousreply 13009/28/2020

R129, that's fair and he's new to being a pro so he's finding out balancing the network notes, what his producers say...Bill Bell was rare in that what he said goes! (or rather, sadly, went!)

Marland and Long had creative control, but not to the extent that Bill had.

by Anonymousreply 13109/28/2020

Giddens is a fat slob moronic idiot. He had his podcast where he crucified everyone and THOUGHT that he could write daytime better than anyone. He didn’t get hired on daytime THANK GOD!!! He got his own show and it FAILED! His show got cancelled after 18 episodes and it lost audience week after week. So shut the fuck up Jamey and sit your FAT ass down!

by Anonymousreply 13209/28/2020

wig!

by Anonymousreply 13309/28/2020

R125

Alyssa is a part of the boring overexposed Adam story. It needs to be flushed down the drain & Adam needs to be back burnered immediately.

by Anonymousreply 13409/28/2020

Speaking of hair, someone agrees with us at R101 and finally gave Nick a haircut and beard trim (as seen in Tuesday's 9/29 episode).

by Anonymousreply 13509/28/2020

Hello my darlings! I wanted to share an exclusive look at one of my upcoming scenes as the recast Katherine Shepherd Reynolds Chancellor Thurston Sterling Murphy. I play opposite the exquisite Jason Thompson, who will be presenting me with my Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. How delightful to be the new grande dame of Genoa City!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13609/28/2020

Nick has a nice ass. Other than that, the show is boring! Dull dull dull Nothing ever happens.

by Anonymousreply 13709/28/2020

What the FUCK are they doing with Mariah? She was literally a sounding board the entire episode. So BORING.

by Anonymousreply 13809/29/2020

[quote]Adam needs to be back burnered immediately.

In which case there would be no reason for me to watch...like yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 13909/29/2020

They must be going for camp now with lank, greasy-haired Slummer portraying a Jabot executive with all the aspirational elegance of a truckstop waitress.

by Anonymousreply 14009/29/2020

R139

Sweetie, the good of the show is more important than your fetish.

by Anonymousreply 14109/29/2020

It's no "fetish," r141. Grossman is glorious (though I wish he weren't with Chelsea). There is not good to this show except when Adam is in a scene or is being talked about in another scene. Everything else is pure Gudegast scheiss. The quadrangle comprising the younger cast members is particularly excrescent. Phyllis and Abby also need to be on the next train out of town.

by Anonymousreply 14209/29/2020

Phyllis has a riveting new storyline working behind the bar of the Grand Phoenix!

by Anonymousreply 14309/29/2020

Phyllis and MS is a waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 14409/29/2020

How can there not be any rumblings about a creative change? Even Maria's run was better, by leaps and bounds, than this shit.

by Anonymousreply 14509/29/2020

I've quit watching, I used to watch every day when it was uploaded to CBS All Access at 5:00pm. I had to stop because it was knocking me out before nightfall.

by Anonymousreply 14609/29/2020

R138 She’s only still around because of Cassie’s “legacy.” Camryn doesn’t have chemistry with anyone and Mariah is a dud.

by Anonymousreply 14709/29/2020

[quote] What the FUCK are they doing with Mariah? She was literally a sounding board the entire episode. So BORING.

That's what the dull Mariah is. Putting her behind the counter at Crimson Lights to listen to other people unload their problems seems about right.

I remember hearing a rumor way back in 2005 that this is why Jack Smith opted to kill Cassie off to begin with. As sentimental as "Squirt" was, he'd come to the conclusion that teenaged Camryn didn't read "young soap ingenue", and he didn't see much future for her on the romantic front, but killing her off would provide a huge story for Nick and Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 14809/29/2020

I will be coming to your rescue soon my dears! One of my Katherine’s first orders of business will be drunkenly mowing down the foliage at that hideous Chancellor Park!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14909/29/2020

Jamey and Sara Bibel would be a good team for Y&R, but as previously said, Jamey is selling primetime pilots. So daytime can kick rocks.

And while I don't have any proof of this, I'm sure that Ambitions was cancelled, not for ratings, but for real estate reasons. There is only so much real estate and only so much money and producers with bigger names probably wanted that slot.

by Anonymousreply 15009/29/2020

Oh please, the ratings dropped considerably. And as far as real estate goes, the Oprah-Will Packer nexus was milked, but they have standards to maintain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15109/29/2020

NO to fat Jamey and kiss ass Bibel. They’d be terrible for Y&R. And yes, Jamey’s dud of a show got cancelled because they lost around 60% of their audience from episode 1 to 18. That is a FAILURE!!! Ha ha ha.

by Anonymousreply 15209/29/2020

Scoche you are so beautiful! Please save Y&R!

by Anonymousreply 15309/29/2020

They should give Christian McLaughlin a shot at HW. He's relatively young (53), has worked as both a breakdown and script writer for Y&R and B&B; he's a successful novelist; he created-produced "Spyder Games" for MTV; and he's worked as a writer and producer for several network prime time series. Plus, he knows the old school Bill Bell style. Way back in the 90s, he was an intern at Y&R, saying in one interview, that he grew up on Rose De Ville. .. He last departed Y&R sometime during the Mal Young era.

Ivan's fantasy from Spyder Games. .. Can't you just see JaBottom going to dinner with fiancee Dummer and her parents, but once he notices Theo across the room, all he can think about is getting fucked by him on the table?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15409/29/2020

While it's not gonna happen anyway with Jamey since he's on to bigger things and they don't see Sara doing anything except breakdowns. But no matter who gets chosen you guys are gonna bitch anyway. They could dig up and reanimate Bill Bell's rotting corpse to write the show and you bitches would complain. Soap fans are their own worst enemies. And you would think you would be excited that one of your own actually made it and got something produced. But you're all bitter and angry for God only knows what.

by Anonymousreply 15509/29/2020

I think Bibel got shifted to the Story-Script Editor position a little over a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 15609/29/2020

What was truly the last great year on Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 15709/29/2020

Great question, R157.

I'd say 2005 or whatever year it was that Cassie died.

Jack Smith was writing the show then; he knew how to have characters talk about their feelings and he could bring the drama on a daily basis. ALL character based.

Victor going to see Albert Miller, which reran over the summer, was heartbreaking.

They don't know how to tell stories anymore. Kyle wishy washy over Lola and Summer; it ruined him. Phyllis and Nick have ruined so many lives they don't have a leg to stand on.

I adore Jason Thompson, but he's the most miscast actor in years; Mike's death on GH was a little too sad, but Dina's dying off camera is worse.

FFS why even give Dina the alzheimer's she was the last matriarchal figure the show had.

They never should have killed Diane or Hope. And Sharon shouldn't be seeing Adam. He STOLE HER BABY.

by Anonymousreply 15809/29/2020

[quote]What was truly the last great year on Y&R?

The Lynn Marie Latham years.

by Anonymousreply 15909/29/2020

Latham = the annus horribilis

by Anonymousreply 16009/29/2020

When they switched from LML to MAB, I was GONE. I didn't watch again until Mark Grossman joined the show.

by Anonymousreply 16109/29/2020

I can name many storylines over the last two decades that I've enjoyed, but I think the last time I enjoyed the WHOLE SHOWand every storyline was in the 1997-99 timeframe.

I can watch this 1998 Daytime Emmy montage, and every story still registers. (The only weak element I'm recalling was the unfortunate casting of Shattuck as Ashley.)

CAUTION: I'VE TRIED TO HAVE THE LINK SKIP THE FIRST MINUTE INTRO WITH THE GAWD AWFUL ROSIE O'DONNELL, BUT I"M NOT SURE IF THIS ALWAYS WORKS ON DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16209/29/2020

Apparently, Grimes has now revealed who the bisexual boyfriend is (Brock Powell).

And they're in love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16309/29/2020

He's saying the same thing on his IG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16409/29/2020

Real estate? On cable tv? There’s more networks than they know what to do with.

by Anonymousreply 16509/29/2020

Good lord Lezbo Grimes and her bf are perfect for each other. They’re both homely!

by Anonymousreply 16609/29/2020

I see Nick finally showered and cut his hair.

by Anonymousreply 16709/29/2020

What is up with Eileen Davidson. Wasn't she thrown off of Yawn and The Rested? The last I had heard is that she wanted backnon Days even though Kristen was recast. ED could play at least 3 other characters she played on the show besides Kristen. It would be fun to see her play against the new Kristen.

by Anonymousreply 16809/29/2020

I believe ED is back as Ashley this Friday.

In any event, Days is broke and finds their bargain-basement NuKristen satisfactory.

by Anonymousreply 16909/29/2020

What that drunken old cunt MTS needs is a massive vaginal rejuvenation.

by Anonymousreply 17009/30/2020

Grimes is just wasted. I like her and think she's better than this.

by Anonymousreply 17109/30/2020

Grimes has the fat arms and is a lez. She was cute in 2005. In 2020, she should go away. She has the ‘hunky’ boyfriend in real life. Cough cough. You know she’s eating snatch.

by Anonymousreply 17209/30/2020

I know we ALL know how dumb this soap is but during that argument when Billy was belittling Phyllis and her dating history, why didn't she say "Dude, you slept with my daughter"

by Anonymousreply 17309/30/2020

R173, indeed. Do they have writers who don’t know the (fairly recent) history, can’t hit a dramatic note when it’s there for the striking, bad character notes, ineffective continuity assistants or what?!

I was amazed they actually had Amanda and Mariah talk to each other about their shared experience of secret dead twin sisters. It was almost like someone was paying some kind of attention.

by Anonymousreply 17409/30/2020

r170 Dex = the latest iteration of "spicen"?

by Anonymousreply 17509/30/2020

I dislike and have NO respect for Jamey Giddens because he dragged every Y&R EP and writer on his podcast while stating how HE could make Y&R great. He never got hired for Y&R - thank GOD!! Jamey wrote his own show (kudos for doing it) but Ambitions was a disaster! It had terrible ratings and lost viewers week after week. Jamey should sit his FAT ass down. Good for him for selling his shows ——I’ll never have to see them!

by Anonymousreply 17609/30/2020

R176

You sure sound pressed about Jamey. Jamey putting for ideas on how to improve YR is no different than any other soap fan. We have all done it. Shit! We have threads here & on Twitter just for that. He just happened to have a wildly listened to podcast.

by Anonymousreply 17709/30/2020

Jamey’s fat ass failed! His 18 episode Ambitions lost viewers week after week and got cancelled. How the fuck could he write 250 episodes of Y&R without losing their audience??????? Giddens and Y&R is not a good match. SO happy to say that Ambitions failed! Good luck Jamey, just stay the fuck away from Y&R!

by Anonymousreply 17809/30/2020

The Teardrop of Love? Jeez, this sounds as bad as the hunt for Kay's big ol' diamond ring, The Real Terroni, and The Grugeon Reliquary.

Can someone please tell EB to stop with the repetitious "Billy Boy Abbott"? .. Using it once per episode is more than enough.

On another note, what the hell was Abby wearing? .. Please tell me Mylar® isn't coming back.

by Anonymousreply 17909/30/2020

Rumor has it that Zack Tinker and Cait are no longer fucking.

by Anonymousreply 18010/01/2020

[QUOTE] The Grugeon Reliquary.

Was this when Brad was a Jewish superhero and strangled a man to death with his thighs in a cave?

by Anonymousreply 18110/01/2020

Can somebody tell dumb Dylan and Vee and whiny eeyore Carl to stop hogging up the threads at SON?

by Anonymousreply 18210/01/2020

R181 That's not a bad way to die.

by Anonymousreply 18310/01/2020

R182 Dumb Dylan doesn’t know the proper usage of their, there and they’re. Asshole Vee is still whining about something that happened on a cancelled soap 30 years ago. Its time to let it go. Khan is a mess, as always. What a crew over at SON. Pervert Soapsuds still thinks he’ll get a date with Chambo Massey. lololol

by Anonymousreply 18410/01/2020

R181 Brad's superhero name on soap opera message boards back then was ThighMaster.

Oy vey!

by Anonymousreply 18510/01/2020

Such rehash. .. Many of Adam's previous misdeeds, including the baby switch with Faith, were previously covered in Billy Abbott's "Restless Style" cover story on Adam TEN YEARS AGO. .. That was also the article that publicly revealed how Adam had manipulated and fucked hot Latin Boy Rafe. .. Now that was juicy!

But who gives a shit if little boy Adam happened to accidentally kill a low-life loan shark who was threatening-attacking his poor blind mother? .. They should give him a medal for being a hero.

by Anonymousreply 18610/01/2020

R179 Finally someone mentions the complete overuse of 'Billy Boy Abbott.' There's a time and a place for it but now he uses it for every single reference. EB really does play it like he's a villian in a cartoon and this is the name he's invented for his arch nemesis.

by Anonymousreply 18710/01/2020

If you want to see Lachlan Buchanan's (ex-Kyle Abbott's) partner, Kyle Schuneman on TV, he'll be one of the interior designers appearing in HGTV's pilot show called "Rentervention" premiering today (Friday) on HGTV. My West Cost schedule has it on at noon (opposite of Y&R .. lol!)

The only cute guy in the promo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18810/01/2020

Nah, we're good R188

by Anonymousreply 18910/02/2020

R167 But couldn’t he have shaved?

by Anonymousreply 19010/02/2020

R188 No thanks. Lachlan was terrible on Y&R. Why would I care or want to see his husband? Pass.

by Anonymousreply 19110/02/2020

It's impossible to envision Billy Miller and Michael Muhney playing this Billy/Adam storyline. So bad.

by Anonymousreply 19210/02/2020

Too bad the Jabottom and Slummer road trip didn't happen in the summer. Imagine all the cross-promotional marketing opportunities they missed!

by Anonymousreply 19310/02/2020

What's up with Hunter King's face? Did she go to Jacqueline MacInnes Wood's doctor?

Bryton ain't sexy or dynamic enough to be the center point of a love triangle.

Maybe someone should clue Little Miss Dolly Parton in on how Adam saved her life. (Noah's too.)

Has homeless Jared been selling tricks to support his drug habit? Male prostitution would be something different. They only hinted at it when teenage Devon went homeless in Chicago and ended up being arrested in a vice raid.

Take a drink every time someone says "Teardrop of Love."

Surprise surprise. EB actually did some acting today. .. Stupid story, but I enjoyed watching Victor call Wimptoria on the carpet.

by Anonymousreply 19410/02/2020

R194

I noticed something had changed with HHK's face earlier this week.

by Anonymousreply 19510/02/2020

[quote] it's not gonna happen anyway with Jamey since he's on to bigger things

More shading about La Giddens' size? Tsk tsk

by Anonymousreply 19610/02/2020

That FAT SLOB Giddens- yup - I’m proud to say it - had better stay away from daytime. He’s a one note writer. Duh - Ambitions FAILED!

by Anonymousreply 19710/02/2020

Bad porn music alert right at the beginning of Monday's episode.

File under: What the Hell Was That?

by Anonymousreply 19810/03/2020

[quote]I enjoyed watching Victor call Wimptoria on the carpet.

I was simply grateful—so very fucking grateful—we didn't have to watch Sphincterina wrinkle her nostrils throughout those scenes.

by Anonymousreply 19910/03/2020

I know, r192. If Michael Muhney and Billy Miller were acting out this drama, I would have been unable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 20010/03/2020

WEHT the titty toucher? He was allegedly supposed to go on to better things and won oscars!

by Anonymousreply 20110/03/2020

I told you all years ago that Max Ehrich is koo koo!

by Anonymousreply 20210/03/2020

R202 I don't think anyone disputes that.

by Anonymousreply 20310/03/2020

R202

Blind Gossip says Demi dumped Max after finding sexual pics on his phone. The pics were with his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 20410/03/2020

This show is so boring,.

by Anonymousreply 20510/03/2020

R168 Elieen supposedly asked to be dropped to recurring on Y&R and that she didn't want to go back to Days. One of the reasons is that Days wanted her on contract, another is that the story Ron had didn't really interest her and allegedly Days wouldn't be able to pay anywhere close to what she would make just being on recurring status on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 20610/03/2020

r206

I would think Ron would love her back full time but I'm sure it was a money thing. I would assume it was a money thing if Eileen did want to return to DOOL

by Anonymousreply 20710/03/2020

Has Miss Chrissy LeBlanc commented on the Max situation yet? What about Tracey E Bregman?

by Anonymousreply 20810/03/2020

Max has already set his sights on his next victim: Shawn Mendes.

by Anonymousreply 20910/03/2020

Chrissy's too busy playing with his new white wig.

by Anonymousreply 21010/03/2020

Elena screwing Devon one soap day, and Nate the next. .. Sounds like a "Who's the Daddy?' in the making. ZZZZzzzz

The hair and makeup crew must not have gotten the memo that Sharon has breast cancer.

And wardrobe must be using a beach ball to make Chloe look pregnant. Her OVERLY rounded belly is such a ridiculous shape.

And pay attention. Scenes from these upcoming episodes will obviously be used to create Kate Linder's Daytime Emmy reel.

Also, just a logistical question ... but why isn't Chance CHANCELLOR living at The CHANCELLOR Masoleum? .. It's so stupid seeing the full-time occupants be Esther, Chloe, and Kevin. .. As I recall Jill bought the place back from Billy, so her grandson, Chance, should be there. .. Plus, recall Chloe took Chance's virgin card, and those two were even engaged to be married for awhile. .. Playing some of those past beats between Chloe and Chance could give Kevin a reason to have a fling with the stableboy out in the barn. .. Kay Chancellor would have approved.

by Anonymousreply 21110/03/2020

I just realized that Chloe is Esther's daughter. I thought Esther's daughter was named after Katherine. What happened to that daughter?

by Anonymousreply 21210/03/2020

^^ Chloe isn't her birth name. Chloe legally changed it.

by Anonymousreply 21310/03/2020

Yes, Esther's daughter's birth name was "Katherine Tina Valentine". .. As you say, "Katherine" was for the Old Battleaxe and "Tina" was for the girl's father, "Tiny the Plumber," who opted to not stick around anyway. .. Esther generally referred to her as "Kate."

When Griffith added the character of "Chloe Mitchell" during the 2008 writers strike, I don't think there was a plan that she would be "Kate Valentine." Sources say it was originally mean as a 10 episode gig. And when he and MAB, later decided that they wanted to keep Liz Hendrickson around, they decided to connect her to the canvas by making her Esther's daughter.

As I recall, the explanation was that Kate had deccided to change her name, because she was trying to become an influential fashionista, and she didn't want people knowing that she was some lowly maid's daughter. But why she chose the name "Chloe Mitchell" was never explained. And why she stuck with that name even after everyone found out who she was didn't get covered either.

by Anonymousreply 21410/03/2020

Keep an eye for Dapper. He's in Palm Springs this weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21510/03/2020

Y&R was so stupid for destroying that character.

by Anonymousreply 21610/03/2020

Does anyone have a way to get some pictures of John Driscoll's barefeet?

by Anonymousreply 21710/04/2020

The Chancellor mansion is my home. I am kicking out the bottom feeders.

by Anonymousreply 21810/04/2020

John Driscoll would be 10000000% better than the ugly fuck playing Chance now.

by Anonymousreply 21910/04/2020

Not a fan of Boaz, but this is what the Army does to guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22010/04/2020

r220

I'd still do him in a second

by Anonymousreply 22110/04/2020

Boaz is average and Driscoll looks 50.

We need a NuNuChance.

by Anonymousreply 22210/04/2020

I think Boaz is well suited to Abby. At least, I like him more than I like her. Is he still a Trumpkin?

by Anonymousreply 22310/04/2020

Well-suited, in that Bore-az and Bored-way make for one boring couple.

by Anonymousreply 22410/04/2020

r224 They can both be in the same boating / flying / traffic accident that takes out Kyle / Summer / Theo / Phyllis / Chelsea. I don't mind Lola. I kind of like her. One of the deepest, most egregious flaws in the writing is that Kyle married her, then dumped her less than a year later FOR SUMMER!

by Anonymousreply 22510/04/2020

R217 You might find pictures showing Driscoll's feets from when he was repping GL and Y&R at those Soapfest charity get-togethers on Marco Island, since those events were kind of a beach-y things. Here's one from 2010 when he was still hot. .. For a second, there I thought he had six toes .. lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22610/04/2020

Boaz is ugly and too old for the part. How could that mess be the son of both Phillip and the grandson of Phillip Sr, two gorgeous men? They should have gone with someone either unknown, or one of those Hallmark guys. Or the guy who played the slutty bell boy on Days of our Lives.

by Anonymousreply 22710/04/2020

I wish just for fun, they would have a restaurant or hotel scene with formerr cast members in the background, at tables eating or drinking. As extras. Brendad Ickson with Thom Bierdz. Victoria Rowell and Gina and Danny Romalotti noshing and giggling about something. Nikki’s sister and the cute dude who kept Lauren in a box decades ago, Shawn.

Don Diamont with Epperson and the Ford guy. Shenanigans!

by Anonymousreply 22810/04/2020

R227 I'd love to see the slutty bell boy from Days on Y&R. Spencer is both hot and smart. I've often thought he'd make a good recast for FenMo.

I've been thinking that Brant Daugherty (slutty Brian from Days) might make a good Chance. I could see him being related to both PC2 and PC3. And yeah, I believe he's just done another project for Hallmark .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 22910/04/2020

My question to Anthony Morina and Josh Griffith: Why is Y&R so Fucking boring?????

by Anonymousreply 23010/04/2020

R229 Brant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23110/04/2020

R231 My favorite Brant moment on DOOL was watching him try to seduce Sonny. .. He seems very adept at unbuckling another man's belt while otherwise occupied with his tongue. .. A talented multi-tasker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23210/04/2020

Sharon has breast cancer is the epitome of Griffith and Morina stupidity. Sharon looks GREAT for someone going through chemo and various operations. Jesus god damned christ. Someone please make Y&R great again! !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 23310/04/2020

LOL I was flipping around the other day and landed on Y& R during a scene with Sharon Case. I thought "dang! she never ages." I would never know what her character was battling cancer if you hadn't told me.

by Anonymousreply 23410/04/2020

[quote]Someone please make Y&R great again! !!!!!

I'm available.

by Anonymousreply 23510/04/2020

Jill farren Phelps andChuck Pratt! They knew how to get the numbers.

by Anonymousreply 23610/04/2020

Can someone explain Sharon Case's popularity to me? If you ask me, her acting stints. The mugging at the camera and the cow eyes when she tries to avert questions about Adam is the stuff of the Bad Acting Hall of fame.

by Anonymousreply 23710/04/2020

Admittedly the bar is low. Very low. But if you think about the world of Y & R, Case is probably one of the better actors on the show.

by Anonymousreply 23810/04/2020

What R238 said. Case isn’t that great, but it’s a soap. Who’s a better actor? Not Eric Braeden for sure, and he’s been on the show even longer. Michelle Stafford is fun to watch but hardly a good actress, some of her lines are delivered absolutely appallingly (but like I say, still fun). Bryton James is Ok and probably deserved his Emmy but he only shows up in half his scenes. Joshua Morrow is even worse for mostly phoning it in. Maybe, maybe, Melody TS is better than Case. But it’s not a long list.

by Anonymousreply 23910/04/2020

Wait until you see me hit the screen!

by Anonymousreply 24010/05/2020

[quote] Can someone explain Sharon Case's popularity to me?

Case has been with the show 26 years now. There's probably still a contingent of female viewers out there who started watching Y&R when the Nick & Sharon love story was a really big deal back in the mid-90s, so they've kinda been there with "their girl," since the beginning. And if these women were in their late-teens to early-20s back at that time, then they're still part of the older-skewing 25-54W demo that means something to CBS.

by Anonymousreply 24110/05/2020

It's so tired to see soap acting get trashed all the time. If you put Meryl Streep in a production where you are cranking out scenes with little to no rehearsal and very little direction with complicated dialogue that isn't always natural, she would be no better than Sharon Case. Soap actors deserve some respect.

by Anonymousreply 24210/05/2020

Case can be good given the right material. Nowadays she’s just blah. It’s really the same shit every day. The fact that she looks her same glamorous self while suffering a life threatening disease is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 24310/05/2020

As the show's "Restless Style" cover story once depicted, Sharon is like Y&R's "Pauline," and she's capable of selling one Peril after another (and look fabulous doing it).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24410/05/2020

The overrated Little Miss Dolly Parton needs to stop doing those twisty gyratinons with her mouth/lips. And she's still telegraphing her reactions before her scene partners have finished their lines.

If the online bullying is so distressful, send her abroad to a boarding school where they have a No Tolerance policy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24510/05/2020

When's the last time we got a good double slap?

At least Alden gave us some good, historically-based cat fights... lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24610/06/2020

Gee. The Grifter from Myanmar is stuck in the elevator for what? .. something like three minutes, and she's already trying to climb up to the ceiling panel, in heels? .. Where was Chlesea planning to go to, if she got up there? .. LOL! .. Elevators in modern high-rise buildings have alarms, and many of them have some kind of communication device. .. Such stupid writing. .. I'll take it, though, if this useless character dies.

So Sharon's big operation was some kind of out-patient procedure? How can she be back home already? .. And where's Noah? He said he'd be there. .. More sloppy writing.

And remind me again, why Billy chooses to live in a hotel suite? .. Anyway, when Adam was searching Billy's room, he should have come across his porn collection. .. I could see some vintage issues of "Latin Inches" to relive his times with Raul Guitierrez in the pool house 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 24710/07/2020

[quote]And remind me again, why Billy chooses to live in a hotel suite?

I don't know if YR has similar budget problems to Days, but Days has characters live in hotels or multiple people living in a mansion to save money on sets.

by Anonymousreply 24810/07/2020

[quote] ... multiple people living in a mansion to save money on sets.

R248 That's exactly why it would make far more sense for both Billy AND Chance to be living at the Chancellor Estate instead of the hotel. .. As Jill's son and grandson, there's an actual reason for them to be living there, and recall Billy even owned the Mausoleum for awhile, and last lived there with Cane and JT when they were all divorced-separated from their fraus. .. Plus, both Billy and Chance were previously involved with Chloe (one married, the other engaged). They could play up these relationships.

by Anonymousreply 24910/07/2020

[QUOTE] I don't know if YR has similar budget problems to Days, but Days has characters live in hotels or multiple people living in a mansion to save money on sets.

Have you seen Hope’s “house” lately?? 😂😂

Jack and Jennifer have been living in the DiMera Mansion for months which makes no sense whatsoever. They are purportedly taking care of Abigail’s children there.

by Anonymousreply 25010/07/2020

Part of the missing set problem at Y&R right now might be be because of the pandemic. i.e. The less sets they use, the less they have to sanitize due to the pandemic, and they might have developed some kind of cleaning routine for the ones they seem to be over-using.

by Anonymousreply 25110/07/2020

...and less manpower to have to move them.

by Anonymousreply 25210/07/2020

at one of the shows, the sets are always standing up and they're in rows of three and the sets are small.

that must save a ton of money.

by Anonymousreply 25310/07/2020

Didn't they haul pregnant Chloe and the beach ball they stuck under her outfit off to the hospital something like two nights ago? .. It was the same night that Nate & Elena had porn sex on the exam table. .. We got a new day after that, and the following night Adam broke into Billy's hotel room. .. Now we we get another new day tomorrow. .. Is the bitch supposed to still be in labor?! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 25410/07/2020

You might enjoy this video from B&B showing them do a total build of their sets at Stage 31.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25510/07/2020

R253

Lauren got a call yesterday that Chloe had a baby boy.

I know I'd have rather seen the delivery than another Adam day, Chelsea in the elevator, the Tear drop of Love, etc... JG is a fucking hack.

by Anonymousreply 25610/08/2020

R255, thanks for that. Sets fascinate me.

I wish the soaps would just get with the program and incorporate COVID into their storylines. It seems even more bizarre and pointless storytelling given the world around us. And it would be safer for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 25710/08/2020

Au revoir, Bangs!

The End of Dina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25810/10/2020

Has the video been yanked?

by Anonymousreply 25910/10/2020

I remember when ole Dina first showed up. She and Kay used to talk about what a slut Jill was and she unfit to be married to John. Yes, the two OG sluts of Genoa City, Katherine and Dina, had the nerve to be talking about Jill.

by Anonymousreply 26010/10/2020

r259

try this one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26110/10/2020

Sad sack Elena is borng. So ya had a roll on the ol' exam table with Nate. Get over it. .. And if they ever had any patients at that damn Free Clinic, then she wouldn't be able to stand around and commiserate about it all day long. That set up is so unreal. The clinic doesn't even have a front office person.

Does this show really need TWO police detectives? They don't even have a police station any longer... lol! .. if anything, they should have left one of them be the private dick who goes rogue (like Paul used to). .. I suppose Rey and Chance will end up publicly dicussing all of their police work right there in the middle of Crimson Lights.

And where did that "baby nightmare" of Abby's spring from in her brain? .. Surely our heiress knows full well she'd have a live-in nanny taking care of baby's needs. .. And Chance is sooooo traditional, yet they're going to try and make a baby before getting married? .. If/when that happens, will Nina and Phillip show up for the event? .. And will they name a boy baby Phillip Chancellor V ??

Don't act too enthused about marrying Rey, Sharon! (Although, I'm sure Case is playing it exactly how the subtext of the script wants her to.)

After Dina dies, what will the three sexagenarian Abbott kids do? Join AARP?

by Anonymousreply 26210/13/2020

Did Slummer find Grindr on Jabottom’s phone? Is that why she canceled their elopement?

by Anonymousreply 26310/13/2020

It seems like most of the male characters end up working at the police dept at one time or another. lol. for the mostly invisible Paul. I guess Nicks house set is gone now. Phyllis and him always end up at her hotel suite. The diminished, tacky sets have taken its toll on the show too.

by Anonymousreply 26410/13/2020

When they recast Chance (not a fan of Boaz) and said the character was opting to leave his government job, they had the perfect opportunity to move our Chancellor HEIR into the corporate arena. Jill should have insisted that PC4 join Billy and Lily at ChanceCom, or do something for her at Chancellor.

Besides Nick's house R264, I think Victoria's house (the so-called 'Father Knows Best' set) is also shuttered or gone. Every time they show her, she's either at NE or staying at The Ranch with the kids. Meanwhile, Billy's living in a hotel room. Probably the same hotel room set that they show Nick/Phyllis and Chance/Abby in, with interiors shifted around.

by Anonymousreply 26510/13/2020

R263 The wedding got put on hold, because JaBottom showed Summer the 12" King Cock, strap-on device that he wants her to peg him with on their honeymoon. .. While Summer is up for it, she said she'd like to consult with Mariah & Tessa first in order to get a few tips on usage, as she wants their wedding night to be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 26610/13/2020

The actress who plays Amanda doesn't look well. She now has a loly pop head and dark circles under her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 26710/14/2020

I think they're doing their own makeup, R267

by Anonymousreply 26810/14/2020

Oh joy. Another marriage for Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 26910/14/2020

This show might be half-way entertaining if:

-- Instead of a NYC partygirl named "Jenn," JaBottom had phoned a NYC manslut named "John.". .. We'd then have gotten a momentary flashback of their last drug-fueled encounter where Kyle is seen sniffing poppers, then shouting, "HARDER! .. DEEPER! .. FASTER!"

-- Lily were to have voiced her opinion that Billy's mad obsession with Adam is actually a manifestation of his deep-seated sexual attraction toward his so-called nemesis. .. And rather than fuck-up Adam's life, Billy really just wants to fuck Adam, period. .. Lily advises: "Just go for it, Billy. We all know Adam was with Rafe. He'd probably agree to sleep with you just to get you to stop this stupid vendetta of yours."

-- Amanda's investigation into her and Hilary's parentage and adoption leads to the discovery that there were actually triplets, and it turns out that Amanda also has a brother named "Felix" out there. .. Felix currently lives in Boston, and a couple years ago was making plans to become "Mr. Nate Hastings" -- that is until bisexual Nate broke off their (drunken) engagement with him just picking up and fleeing to Genoa City. .. Can Felix win Nate back with one of his amazing blow jobs and get "Fate" back on track?

-- It turns out that when "The Teardrop of Love" disappeared prior to WW2, the reclusive millionaire's "son" was actually his cute, young rentboy. There was no girlfriend. That was just a cover. .. It turns out the guy is still alive, and when word gets out that the emerald has been found, he shows up at The Abbotts to reclaim what is rightfully his. .. Our nonagenarian has documentation from the original auction house showing provenance as well as photos of it as the crown jewel atop a very special dildo that the millionaire had given him. (He's a cranky eldergay, and DL is going to love this character!)

-- Adam's investigation of Rey leads to the discovery that Rey has regular Grindr hook-ups with 18-year old twinks. And Jared, the kid from the free clinic, has a POV video on his phone of "PapiRey10+" going deep inside him. .. Hmmm .. Looks like we may have a film premiere at Rey & Sharon's wedding ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 27010/14/2020

I think this thread has been paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 27110/15/2020

I was a bit disappointed by Dina's big day. I thought they were going to a retrospective, based on the promo. That would have been better.

And Jack, Ashley and Traci fighting over who gets to inherit her walker was just embarrassing with the obvious social distancing.

by Anonymousreply 27210/15/2020

^^^

I'm sure we'll get flashbacks next week. That's when the memorial occurs.

by Anonymousreply 27310/16/2020

Is that part of it?

by Anonymousreply 27410/16/2020

I realize they're working under social distancing restrictions, but the set up of having Dina die right there sitting in the middle of a room with everyone just staring at her only highlighted that external element. Surely, one of the Abbott kids would have gone over and held her hand, if for no other reason than to make sure she didn't fall over or slide out of the chair onto the floor. It may have been a better set up if they'd had Dina in a bed with each of the Abbott kids on one side of it, then done something with stunt actors, camera trickery, and editing to relay more intimacy.

And here Griffith did his retcon to connect Theo to the Abbott via Dina, yet doesn't even have him in this family scene where grandma dies?

As for any retrospective of Marla's old scenes, maybe if they hold a memorial service for Dina, the group will sit around and re-tell some stories. The three kids of course, and Jess Walton would have to be there; they could also have both Victor and Esther tell one. .. And how 'bout a surprise guest like Francois Benard (Marc Mergeron), and about five or six ex-lovers sitting in the back row. .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 27510/16/2020

I miss her already. Where’s Scoche to console me?

by Anonymousreply 27610/16/2020

Chrissy has dibs on Dina's bangs.

by Anonymousreply 27710/16/2020

The Chrissy gray hair was horrible. Shit he needs to go back to the original dye job.

by Anonymousreply 27810/16/2020

It's a white wig.

by Anonymousreply 27910/16/2020

it's too bad Dina wasn't given a redemption story.

What if Ashely had killed Graham crackers and blocked it out; and Dina says: "I, Madam Mergeron, killed Graham crackers."

She takes the stand; confesses all; Ashley takes the stand, tries to say she did it.

Michael Baldwin's the d.a.: "Miss Abbott, you were institutionalized in a mental hospital, weren't you?"

Ashley tells Victor the truth and Michael gets him on the stand. Victor: "I refuse to testify against...my wife!"

Cut to Nikki, stunned to learn that Victor and Ashley are still legally married.

For cripes sake GIVE ME A SOAP OPERA.

by Anonymousreply 28010/16/2020

Bill Bell would have said: Tell Christian to dye his hair black. The audience won't recognize him otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 28110/16/2020

Bill Bell would have said: Tell Christian to dye his hair black. The audience won't recognize him otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 28210/16/2020

They should have had fun with Dina's altzheimer's and had her do a bunch of callbacks to her character Belle from Secret Storm. She'd started calling Ashley Amy and vowing revenge for her dead daughter.

by Anonymousreply 28310/16/2020

[quote] They should have had fun with Dina's altzheimer's

-- Every time Abby walks in the room, Dina asks, "Where the hell is Mamie? .. Can someone feed this girl a cheeseburger?"

-- Every time Traci walks in the room, Dina advises, "I don't know your name, dear, but you should really think about giving your next Double-Double Cheeseburger & Jumbo Fries Combo to that skinny, blonde girl over there."

-- Every time Ashley walks in the room, Dina exclaims, "Ohmygod! .. When did they let YOU out of the nut house!?"

-- Every time Jackie walks in the room, Dina rolls her eyes and announces, "Dear God, John .. If you can't bring yourself to butch it up a bit, I'm leaving you!"

-- Every time Theo walks in the room, Dina smiles, "Hey there, Stud! .. Why don't you come over here and sit on my lap!"

-- Every time JaBottom walks in the room, Dina asks, "What's Brysen from Sean Cody doing here? .. Is it movie night again?"

by Anonymousreply 28410/17/2020

I thought Chrissy let his hair go white during the pandemic. Anyway it ages him like 10 years and needs to go back to black.

by Anonymousreply 28510/17/2020

R285 during the lockdown I meant

by Anonymousreply 28610/17/2020

How the holy hell is trailer park escapee Slummer the head of marketing for Jabot??? At least Lauren has actual experience running a business.

by Anonymousreply 28710/17/2020

R285 He used to dye the hair on the sides of his head black in order to match the hairpiece he wore on top. .. During lockdown - as with other times when he was off the show - he let the sides of his head go natural gray-white. He's simply matched the new piece on top to that.

by Anonymousreply 28810/17/2020

R282 I think it was about 8-10 years ago now that he came back from a vacation and hadn't dyed the sides while he was gone. .. They were very salt and pepperish - more salt than pepper - so the change was quite noticeable to viewers. .. He tried to get away with it for a few episodes, but then lamented on social media that he'd been told by TPTB to go back to dying it. .. Also, there was another time when he used that "Red Rum" tint that Maxim Hair Dye for Men had come out with, and it looked absolutely horrible. I think that lasted about a week or two before he stopped.

by Anonymousreply 28910/17/2020

Welp. AH is a Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 290Last Sunday at 12:52 PM

The way they keep going on and on about what went down in Vegas, makes it sound like Chance and Adam must have shot a video for Corbin Fisher while they were there.

Would that be scandalous enough?

by Anonymousreply 291Last Sunday at 5:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!