Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Genoa City: Nikki Newman in quarantine

The poor dear can't go to the hairdresser and clearly, her wig game is NOT on point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513January 3, 2021 3:54 AM

Thank you, new thread starter. The previous thread had been in quarantine since July.

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2020 1:38 PM

It's been quite funny watching how much closer Sharon gets to Adam physically than she does Rey. I was hoping that was going to amount to something, storywise, and Adam-takes-his-shirt-off-wise, but nothing yet. It's just a side effect of La Pandemica they're hoping we'll ignore.

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2020 1:42 PM

Considering how many of these bitches has been in prison, I would think none of them would have wanted to be locked up in a hotel with a bunch of other women!

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2020 3:03 PM

Jabottom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2020 4:12 PM

r4 ewww

Whenever he's in the opening credits, I give him the finger. Summer and Theo, too. Also Phyllis and Abby.

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2020 4:14 PM

I remember that summer when Theo would give him a couple of fingers. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2020 4:39 PM

Theo is so fucking useless. The actor playing him needs a bath. I cannot stand him. Always FF through his scenes.

by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2020 5:13 PM

I need to see how clean Theo’s taint is before I commit. Is he going for Kyle’s sloppy seconds?

by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2020 5:28 PM

What was the point of the Sharon eyeballs and panting and Adam leaving Chelsea if they were just going to snap back and pretend it didn't happen? Sharon Case really is the worst actor with those types of scenes. Kind of ironic (or moronic) to show a wannabe therapist lying THAT badly about somebody she's supposedly treating.

by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2020 8:10 PM

I don't mind Theo, At this point, I actually enjoy him more than JaBottom. And while the back story connecting Theo to Dina was totally unnecessary (not to mention uninteresting). he looks like he could throw a mean fuck. .. But the hair crew have failed him. Johnson has an amazingly thick head of hair that needs a proper cut and different product. Whatever they're using doesn't translate well to the camera. Other projects have styled him much better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2020 9:14 PM

Theo needs to look as if he has NO product in his hair. That's his downfall.

by Anonymousreply 11September 21, 2020 9:29 PM

R4

Sharon has no taste if she'd rather fuck skinny minnie Adam over hot papi Rey.

by Anonymousreply 12September 21, 2020 9:39 PM

I'm just as tasteless, r12. Mark Grossman is the first guy I've watched a soap for in decades...since Danny Markel, actually. Rey suffers from well-meaning dogface.

by Anonymousreply 13September 21, 2020 9:42 PM

Even before their real-life hook-up, Case's chemistry with Grossman was palpable.

Jordi's hot, but the Rey character is kinda boring. I don't know who they should pair him with. From what I remember, he had a similar problem on DOOL when he was playing NuDario.

Maybe they should just pair Rey with his beer bottle and let him do solo web cam shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 21, 2020 10:05 PM

Jordi had chemistry with his costar on Guiding Light but that was about it

They need to pair Rey with a little ginger bottom boy

by Anonymousreply 15September 21, 2020 10:13 PM

Hans and I recently taped a few exquisite party scenes together. We are thick as thieves as Victor Newman and Katherine Shepherd Reynolds Chancellor Thurston Sterling Murphy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 21, 2020 10:37 PM

R15 If Y&R wanted to do something buzzworthy, recast Noah to be a blondish-ginger (mid-20s like he should be) and finally play his bisexuality.

Noah and Rey could have a *moment* bonding over their concern for Sharon and her cancer.

Ooops!

by Anonymousreply 17September 21, 2020 10:37 PM

R17 Yes!

by Anonymousreply 18September 21, 2020 11:02 PM

When are the lezzys going to eat snatch? I want to see that happen!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19September 21, 2020 11:29 PM

R16 And still no debut date in sight, Scoche

by Anonymousreply 20September 21, 2020 11:37 PM

The only debut that psychotic shitgibbon is having is in his/her mind

by Anonymousreply 21September 21, 2020 11:46 PM

I just don't see the appeal of Grossman. Physically he wouldn't turn my head & I'm at the point where I want Adam off the show. He's on everyday & even if he's not in scenes the remaining characters are talking about his boring ass.

by Anonymousreply 22September 22, 2020 11:40 AM

I like Grossman. He's the right kind of fucked-up but sexy that character needs to be. The Chelsea character is just completely useless. I can't even stand the way the actress annunciates. The Theo actor really needs a haircut and to stay out of the sun. He's wayyy too tan.

I REALLY hate the way the characters dump each other after dating for two weeks on this show without zero build-up. Nick couldn't stand Phliyss and now they're in love AGAIN. Whatshisface dumps Lola to get with Summer AGAIN.

by Anonymousreply 23September 22, 2020 12:19 PM

[quote]I like Grossman. He's the right kind of fucked-up but sexy that character needs to be. The Chelsea character is just completely useless. I can't even stand the way the actress annunciates.

Connor is Genoa City's Baby Jesus?

by Anonymousreply 24September 22, 2020 12:26 PM

OMG! Don’t let Dumb Dylan from the SON see that you don’t like Grossman. Dumb Dylan thinks that Grossman is the BEST actor ever And best looking person in the history of the world.

by Anonymousreply 25September 22, 2020 12:30 PM

ENUNCIATE. Sorry, Sister Mary Catherine Cunt-twat

by Anonymousreply 26September 22, 2020 12:36 PM

Pleased to see youngsters still watch "my stories".

by Anonymousreply 27September 22, 2020 12:53 PM

R23

I would be so happy if they wrote Adam, Chelsea & Connor off the show.

by Anonymousreply 28September 22, 2020 12:58 PM

I would have no reason to watch if they wrote Adam off the show. I did not, and probably will not, watch yesterday's (9/21/20) episode. Thankfully, Adam is on today (9/22/20). I wonder how long this story would have gotten dragged out in the late '80s/early '90s. I would have loved every minute of it, mainly because of Mark Grossman.

by Anonymousreply 29September 22, 2020 1:07 PM

Michael Muhney is the ONLY Adam!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 30September 22, 2020 1:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 22, 2020 1:55 PM

^^^^

What a lame assed tattoo.

by Anonymousreply 32September 22, 2020 3:53 PM

I can't buy him as Adam.

He would have made more sense as nuNoah.

by Anonymousreply 33September 22, 2020 3:58 PM

Sharon as his mother? Riiiiiiiight.

by Anonymousreply 34September 22, 2020 4:02 PM

Gimme Papi Rey any day! He's a man -- the rest of these guys are just boys.

by Anonymousreply 35September 22, 2020 4:57 PM

I just wished they had some well crafted stories to tell.

by Anonymousreply 36September 22, 2020 5:05 PM

[quote] He would have made more sense as nuNoah.

Not really.

Any nuNoah needs to be in the 26-year old range in order to now appear younger than his older sister, Mariah. They sorased Noah after Cassie died, so it was accepted with her not being around, but now that we have twin sister Mariah, it looks weird that a husky guy in his mid-30s his playing her younger brother. (Grimes is 30 and the popular Cassie had been aged naturally, so up until her death, Noah had been as well.)

by Anonymousreply 37September 22, 2020 6:56 PM

Mark is one of the more interesting actors to watch on this show. Too bad Griffith can't come up with something better for him.

by Anonymousreply 38September 22, 2020 7:05 PM

So Grimes came out as a big ole lez. Shocking I tell ya. lol

by Anonymousreply 39September 22, 2020 7:44 PM

I thought she came out as bi r39?

by Anonymousreply 40September 22, 2020 7:46 PM

Yeah, she’s bi alright. She buys right into pussy.

by Anonymousreply 41September 22, 2020 9:13 PM

Rather funny though, that she immediately followed up with the statement that it was her bisexual boyfriend who led her to this conclusion. Is he invisible?

by Anonymousreply 42September 22, 2020 9:28 PM

^^^^

Isn't her boyfriend the actor who plays Noah? Did they breakup?

by Anonymousreply 43September 22, 2020 10:32 PM

outside of Sharon's cancer is there any real, meaty story?

We can't invest in Summer and Kyle; they were already married.

I don't care that Lola's alone; she's whiny

Devon is stunned that Hilary and Amanda are sisters; he'd be insane not to know that in his heart the second they found out Amanda grew up in foster care

Adam v. Victor (snzzzz)

Chancecom; I want to cancel my subscription

Adam Chance what happened in vegas can say there b/c NOBODY CARES

by Anonymousreply 44September 22, 2020 11:30 PM

Then stop fucking watching, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 45September 22, 2020 11:31 PM

R43, no she's dating Fen. I thought both Max and Zack were gay.

But Max is engaged to some singer and Zack is dating Tessa/Cait in real life.

by Anonymousreply 46September 22, 2020 11:31 PM

Stories ARE terrible.

by Anonymousreply 47September 22, 2020 11:33 PM

The actor who plays Chance is so fucking homely! Oh mother of god.

by Anonymousreply 48September 23, 2020 12:23 AM

R48 You are obviously suffering from visual impairment. You should make a fucking eye appointment ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 49September 23, 2020 12:28 AM

R49 he’s not soap opera hot. He’s average at best. But it’s kind of refreshing to have an actor who’s not a 9 or 10 on the looks scale on y and r for a change. I think it’s kind of hilarious when 99 percent of people on any soap are super attractive when it’s not like that in real life. I know it’s fantasy but still. Even though Chance is pretty dull like every fucking character on this show right now.

by Anonymousreply 50September 23, 2020 12:38 AM

R43 Camryn and Robert Adamson (Noah) are not a couple in that way. Just really good friends. They've talked about the crazy fans who made that up. Some idiots were even saying they were married RME.

Cait Fairbanks (Tessa) is the one who is dating Zach Tinker (NuFen).

by Anonymousreply 51September 23, 2020 1:36 AM

As Prince Chancellor, Chance should be a total soap hunk.

I find Boaz average in both looks and acting.

by Anonymousreply 52September 23, 2020 1:39 AM

John Driscoll is a million times better looking than ugly Boaz.

by Anonymousreply 53September 23, 2020 1:50 AM

Driscoll's March wedding photo made it appear that he likes Army food A LOT, showing off his double chin.

(Bride was very pregnant, btw. She was due in August.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 23, 2020 2:34 AM

Not a fan of tattoos, but even I have to say that's a lame tattoo that Grossman has at r31

by Anonymousreply 55September 23, 2020 5:38 AM

Does anyone at CBS/SONY care about Y&R? This slow, painful death gets harder to watch every day.

by Anonymousreply 56September 23, 2020 12:01 PM

R46. "Some singer" is Demi Lovato. I mean...I couldn't name a song by her at gunpoint, but she's pretty popular. And a FUCKING mess to boot.

by Anonymousreply 57September 23, 2020 12:48 PM

R57 Yes, Demi is a mess, but so is Max. A mess made in heaven with these two. It won’t end well, we already know that but in the meantime, get the popcorn and watch it unravel. It was just a short while ago that Max was tweeting Selena Gomez trying to get a date with her and now he’s suddenly engaged to Demi. He’s an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 58September 23, 2020 2:15 PM

R56 It seems as though CBS only cares as long as they can say that they are #1. They don’t care that Y&R has lost a million viewers in a year. As long as its still #1 in viewers. Its obvious that they don’t care what a boring mess of a show Y&R has become because they keep the loser Griffith and allow him to write such snoozeworthy shit. The show is so dull.

by Anonymousreply 59September 23, 2020 3:01 PM

yeah, she was will's surrogate on Will & Grace.

I feel badly for her; she doesn't know who this guy is.

by Anonymousreply 60September 23, 2020 5:07 PM

R56, in the latest ratings, Y&R was a clear No. 1 in both households and in the coveted Women 18-49 demographic.

Go figure.

Steve Kent wants to keep his college buddy Josh employed so he lets him stay and he hired him even though he knows his past stints have been crap.

I don't think they know the foundations of a good story.

by Anonymousreply 61September 23, 2020 5:23 PM

With the required social distancing, The Stafford seems even more awkward and goofy in her scenes than normal. For some reason, the inappropriate grinning and gesturing.are even more pronounced. Remind me why they brought her back. and Josh Morrow thinks this is a good direction for Nick? These two worried about Dummer reuniting with JaBottom is something that could be written for recurring middle-aged parents.

by Anonymousreply 62September 23, 2020 6:45 PM

I think they brought her back, R62 , because TBTB knew there was not a chance in hell that Gina Tognoni would ever play this shit.

Meanwhile, WTF diid Amelia and Mishael do to their faces? They looked like a couple concentration camp escapees today.

by Anonymousreply 63September 23, 2020 6:55 PM

R63 I noticed that MM looks very different. Almost sickly.

by Anonymousreply 64September 23, 2020 8:41 PM

How did this show become so boring? Even the Sharon cancer story is a joke. Sharon looks great for someone going through round 2.

by Anonymousreply 65September 23, 2020 9:40 PM

The show is boring and fans across all demographics seem to agree judging by social media posts. Sharon’s cancer is the type of storyline soap should be able to depict well and should give Sharon Case some good material but it’s not just panning out at all.

Amanda as Hilary’s twin to bring back Mishael Morgan, OK, but it was obvious they were twins months ago so not exactly a revelation and given it’s a Cassie / Mariah retread there was no need to drag it out.

Agree Noah should be recast, with his pedigree he should be one of the leading character. They could easily lose Theo and bring Noah back and make him front and center.

Camryn Grimes is besties with Linsey Godfrey, formerly of B&B and now on Days, who used to date the guy who plays Noah and has a kid with him. I think Grimes introduced them or something. She has a “bisexual” boyfriend she posts Insta pics with. The bf looks gay and she pings to high heaven whilst never having any chemistry with guys so....

The lesbian fans believe the girl who plays Mariah’s girlfriend Tessa has recently dumped the guy who plays Fen, as he’s not in her Insta stories anymore or something.

by Anonymousreply 66September 23, 2020 9:54 PM

So Connor is off to St. Mallory's boarding school. Good.

Sounds like a Catholic prep school for boys.

Hopefully, this means he'll return next summer SORASed to 16 and in love with his Lacrosse teammate.

Let's make the boyfriend an economically-disadvantaged Latino who was sent to St. Mallory's on scholarship.

He can be "Javier Torres," Rafe's nephew.

by Anonymousreply 67September 23, 2020 9:55 PM

Yeah. Camryn is “bi”. Yup

Why do people fall for this shit?

by Anonymousreply 68September 23, 2020 10:23 PM

R68, I am usually just as cynical (the Wynonna Earp actresses for example are absolutely full of shit), but CG seemed to have a thing with her friend Hayley Erin back in the day and only ever has chemistry with women on-screen. Then again, she decided to “come out” in a Twitter reply because a fan told her she couldn’t audition for Batwoman without being “queer” in real life, so who fucking knows.

I can’t see the Tessa character lasting much longer, but I think they’re going for a slow burn departure where she just gradually fades away. Maybe they will let them have a wedding day first.

I always think Adam should be bi. Or failing that, Kyle. But they’re both stuck in the same two or three dull straight romances over and over.

by Anonymousreply 69September 23, 2020 10:59 PM

Camryn is a lezzie. There’s nothing bi about her.

by Anonymousreply 70September 23, 2020 11:58 PM

Yes, agree that’s more likely R70.

by Anonymousreply 71September 24, 2020 7:56 AM

Camryn is as “bi” as Elton John back in the day. CG is a DYKE!

by Anonymousreply 72September 24, 2020 1:32 PM

Ugh- Judith “Bug eyes” Chapman is coming back??? The show gets worse by the day!

by Anonymousreply 73September 24, 2020 6:49 PM

Demi dumped Max.

pretends to be shocked.

by Anonymousreply 74September 24, 2020 10:46 PM

Those thighs were too much for Max to handle.

by Anonymousreply 75September 24, 2020 11:34 PM

Max is as big a mess as Demi. Will he go back to tweeting Selena for a date?

by Anonymousreply 76September 25, 2020 12:21 AM

I can't decide which is more boring - Slummer and JaBottom badly selling the idea that they are hot and in love, or Ick and Syphyllis droning on and on about what a bad idea it is for their daughter to get married again. NO ONE CARES. Bring on Judith Chapman. Maybe she can liven this snooze fest up.

by Anonymousreply 77September 25, 2020 1:30 AM

Camryn looks like an egg with eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 78September 25, 2020 1:57 AM

My god this show has become so boring I actually look forward to watching DOOL. That has never happened! No tension, no drama...just slow on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 79September 25, 2020 1:59 AM

R77 Yep, and add Chance and Abby to the snoozefest as well.

by Anonymousreply 80September 25, 2020 2:16 AM

It’s so bad, I switched to B&B. The guy who plays Thomas is super swish but fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 81September 25, 2020 2:18 AM

R67: Honey, Y and R did that 20 years ago with Billy Abbott and 'poor latino boy who somehow went to rich private prep school' Raul. I guarantee they were experimenting in the pool house long before mousy Mack showed up.

by Anonymousreply 82September 25, 2020 2:40 AM

Y&R seems to have brought some stuff to a close and redirected stories over the past couple of weeks. Could they have used the time away to rewrite and bring some of the duds to an end? Examples:

We’re finally done with the insipid Phyllis/Abby crap. For a show that had one character hauling dinosaur bones around last month in order to best the other, you know they were in it for the long haul with this shit.

Suddenly picking up the Amanda/Hilary twin angle when they hadn’t bothered to touch it before.

Lola/Theo were on til she started to go all psycho at every little thing and now they’re off.

Adam/Sharon reconnecting out of the blue for like two weeks and then nothing.

by Anonymousreply 83September 25, 2020 3:00 AM

I don’t like Michelle Staff infection.

by Anonymousreply 84September 25, 2020 6:04 AM

R83 If you're sensing some new directions in storytelling, it might have more to do with Susan Dansby having been brought in as a Story Consultant.

by Anonymousreply 85September 25, 2020 8:11 AM

Dansby is overrated. Her work on ATWT was a mess. She’s not gonna help Yawn & Boring. Firing the failure Griffith is the only way that things will change for the better. And just NO to hiring Miss Giddens. He’s a failure.

by Anonymousreply 86September 25, 2020 9:52 AM

I don't see Susan Dansby in the writers' credits yet.

by Anonymousreply 87September 25, 2020 10:04 AM

You people are INSANE. Stafford seems to be the ONLY actor not sleepwalking through their scenes.

by Anonymousreply 88September 25, 2020 10:06 AM

If you say so, r88. I FF right through her scenes, as well as those with Summer, Kyle, Lola, and Theo. I'm forced to watch Abby because Chance figures in Adam's story right now.

by Anonymousreply 89September 25, 2020 10:12 AM

My sentiments exactly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 25, 2020 11:10 AM

They should have never asked Stafford back. She is an instant FF. Always.

by Anonymousreply 91September 25, 2020 12:04 PM

I don’t see Giddens as a failure. It’s a shame “Ambitions” was cancelled because it wasn’t half bad. Far better than the Tyler Perry soap on OWN. And anything would be better than current Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 92September 25, 2020 12:36 PM

R91 Stafford is fine. It’s the coma inducing material she’s been given that’s the problem.

by Anonymousreply 93September 25, 2020 12:50 PM

R92

Ambitions not getting a second season was stupid. It got solid ratings for OWN and it now getting good ratings on STARZ..

Jamey has a bright future though. He's sold 2 new shows.

by Anonymousreply 94September 25, 2020 1:04 PM

Bring back Fen. Damn, he’s was hot, spunky, sexy and had great chemistry with Dull Kyle. Bring back some Young and some Restless.

Shit can Braedon and Melody. Send the characters Nicholas and Victoria out to pasture. What more is there to say about their characters? They had their day in the sun. Enough already.

And write an actual story, not just time filler scenes.

by Anonymousreply 95September 25, 2020 1:17 PM

Nick looks like he hangs out with the hoboes of Genoa City in between school drop-offs and lobby chats with his abrasive girlfriend. I snort a little every time a characters begins a scene with him with 'busy day?'

by Anonymousreply 96September 25, 2020 2:33 PM

R83, you're giving them waayyy to much credit.

Show needs a new head writer; it's going to be more of the same of Adam suddenly hating Victor over and over...

Nick nodding.

Phyllis lusting after Nick like she's 25.

Nikki fretting

Sharon looking glamorous as a cancer patient (otherwise, she's doing an awesome job).

by Anonymousreply 97September 25, 2020 4:40 PM

R94 Ambitions was a failure! Its lost 60%of its audience from Episode 1 to its last episode. How is that a success? It could not hold its audience and Giddens had years to perfect this baby. He could never write 250 episodes of a soap and expect to hold the audience interest when he couldn’t even hold the Ambitions audience for 18 episodes. Ambitions was a failure all around.

by Anonymousreply 98September 25, 2020 6:57 PM

Drink your juice R98 .

by Anonymousreply 99September 25, 2020 7:57 PM

R96, yeah, still a nice looking guy but my main suspense point in waiting for his scenes is: is this the day Nick has finally washed his hair?!

Never is.

by Anonymousreply 100September 25, 2020 8:20 PM

That "beard" Joshua Morrow tries to grow doesn't do him any favors either. It's not only patchy, but the gray in it puts 10 years on him and makes his round face look fat.

by Anonymousreply 101September 25, 2020 8:26 PM

Did they fire the hair and makeup people? Heinle's hair looked like it was done with a blender today. Even her trying to cunt it up with Abby, Chance, and Chelsea she came off as some deranged homeless woman they were humoring until the police got there.

by Anonymousreply 102September 25, 2020 8:41 PM

R98 Just from what I saw of The Rich & the Ruthless and Ambitions, I know I wouldn't be able to sit through 250 episodes per year of La Giddens. And watching these actual productions of his stories, they pretty much proved what I'd already concluded about his work beforehand. .. He used to do lengthy twitter threads where he would go on-and-on about what he'd do with a current daytime soap opera, and whenever he'd to a "Y&R treatment," I remembr usually only liking about 1 out of 10 of his ideas. In short, I just don't think he'd be the right fit for Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 103September 25, 2020 8:48 PM

R102 they only have limited people working behind the scenes during socially distanced filming. Apparently some costume back, but not hair / makeup.

Which is where this thread started, with Nikki’s wig!

by Anonymousreply 104September 25, 2020 8:54 PM

In comparison, I thought MTS looked ab-fab today. Whatever cosmetic work she had done looks really fine-tuned. Plus, she's back to being well-styled.

by Anonymousreply 105September 25, 2020 8:57 PM

R104

MST said their hair/makeup people came back in week 3.

Heinle's hair is always a mess. They need to tell her to cut that unkempt horse's tail.

by Anonymousreply 106September 25, 2020 9:16 PM

R98/103

Jamey isn't aiming to work at YR. He has sold 2 new pilots to TV.

by Anonymousreply 107September 25, 2020 9:17 PM

R106 I sit corrected. Heinle does need her hair trimmed.

by Anonymousreply 108September 25, 2020 9:22 PM

R108

A trim? She needs at least a foot of hair cut off.

by Anonymousreply 109September 25, 2020 9:29 PM

At least once during each episode Amelia Heinle is in, I thank the soap gods that we are no longer forced to watch Ms. PSS.

by Anonymousreply 110September 25, 2020 9:44 PM

Aa long as Giddens stays the FUCK away from Y&R, I’m good. Sell all he wants. His Ambitions FAILED and I remember him thinking that he could headwrite Y&R. He’s an idiot. Just stay away from Y&R queen Giddens!

by Anonymousreply 111September 25, 2020 9:51 PM

Alan Sarapa, the HOTTIE, is weighing in.

by Anonymousreply 112September 25, 2020 11:43 PM

Giddens would be a hell of a lot better than the God awful pablum JG is churning out. I high schooler in creative writing class could do better than JG.

by Anonymousreply 113September 25, 2020 11:52 PM

The fat SLOB Giddens would be the worst writer for Y&R. Good that he has sold 2 shows. Stay far, far, far away from Y&R you fat pig!

by Anonymousreply 114September 26, 2020 2:52 AM

All the Jamey hate here is hilarious; I remember when people here picked on his weight and told him he'd NEVER sell his own show.

Well, he DID sell his own show.

I watched Ambitions; it was good and had potential to grow.

He'll work more. He's in the club. The hard part is over. ALL TV ratings are going down. There's like 500 + channels plus all the streaming.

I could watch nothing but FX programs and be busy all day.

Jamey is making his dreams come true; maybe focus on your own before slamming him for pursuing his.

Or, in the words of Reva Lewis, 'Try love.'

by Anonymousreply 115September 26, 2020 4:42 AM

Nice to see you here, Jamey. Look at your resume: Ambitions = Failure. Cancelled. Go live your dreams but stay away from our beloved daytime soaps.

by Anonymousreply 116September 26, 2020 7:05 AM

I don't hate Jamey. I just don't think whatever he's pitching is the right fit for Y&R.

I'd also question whether Ambitions was successful. As someone else pointed out above, the show didn't maintain it's momentum with viewers dropping. And It's score among IMDb voters is a very mediocre 5.0. That's pretty much my opinion as well.

by Anonymousreply 117September 26, 2020 8:33 AM

During the hiatus they should have looked for a hot twink to assume the position of "Jared." The current actor, who is said to reappearing soon, is average on all levels.

by Anonymousreply 118September 26, 2020 7:24 PM

He seems to have something to do with Amanda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 26, 2020 7:27 PM

R117, didn't mean to single you out. No, I know all people don't hate Jamey,

and there are two ways to look at Ambitions or anything else in life; it's amazing he got it on the air at all.

Will Packer didn't dismiss him; he didn't judge him; he gave him a shot. And then Jamey gave it his all and worked his ass off. There's the success even without a season 2.

There have been haters here on DL saying he'd never get anything done. Well, that's not true. I've met him. A few rough edges, sure? Who doesn't. But he cares about seeing solid stories.

My take on Ambitions is the characters weren't introduced as well as they could have been. But how many shows have we seen go for several seasons that aren't that good?

When I was a kid we had three channels -- and ratings were what they were. Now, there's 500 plus channels plus streaming... it's already all too much. It's hard to make anything a success these days.

by Anonymousreply 120September 26, 2020 7:52 PM

Have you seen Jamey’s ass??? Its ginormous. He certainly did not work it off. Ambitions failed. It couldn’t hold its audience and was cancelled. Jamey tried. He failed. I’m glad about it.

by Anonymousreply 121September 26, 2020 7:57 PM

Was Mel Thomas Snott’s book a big flop? You never hear anything about it and no one has talked about any good gossipy revelations that were in the book. There was all this hype beforehand and then when it was released- crickets. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 122September 27, 2020 5:04 AM

R122 I don't know. .. But given that in-person, bookstore-tour promotions haven't been available to MTS during the pandemic, her memoir is already ranked higher in sales at Amazon than both EB's book and Jeannie Cooper's memoir. .. Not only that, but MTS's book is currently ranked #37 on the Television Performer Biographies List. In comparison, the book from Maurice Benard of General Mobspital is currently down the list at #80 and it came out just a few months before MTS's. .. And right now, Amazon shows the hard cover version of MTS's book temporarily unavailable, so that version must have sold out from that very prominent bookseller.

So comparatively, if MTS's book is a flop, then I guess all those others would be as well.

by Anonymousreply 123September 27, 2020 9:00 PM

Maurice wasn't able to have in person signings either.

Melody's book is quite good, excellent, in fact; very conversational and she saved stories she'd never told over the years. Great photos.

You really REALLY have to sell a book. Get out there yourself and promote the hell out of it.

If soaps still packed the malls and halls like they did in the 80s and even into the 90s, then they'd sell like hotcakes.

It's too bad they can't have one HUGE in person soap convention (post-COVID, of course) and stars can bring the books and mingle with fans and do meet and greets and photo ops.

Maybe Y&R and B&B need to get in on that Creation thing. But those things are REALLY expensive.

by Anonymousreply 124September 28, 2020 4:09 AM

Who the fuck is Alyssa? She has the A storyline on Yawn & Ridiculous? No wonder their ratings are in the shitter. I watch nearly everyday and have no clue who Alyssa is or what she’s about. The show is utter shit.

by Anonymousreply 125September 28, 2020 2:46 PM

Soaps used to have A B and C storylines. Y&R has all C storylines. Nothing ever happens. It’s SO boring!

by Anonymousreply 126September 28, 2020 3:16 PM

R125 she’s the daughter of the guy Adam killed as a kid. She’s working with Billy to write an article on all of Adams dirty deeds. I actually don’t mind the Adam getting exposed story. At least it’s something going on. The rest of the show I basically fast forward anymore.

by Anonymousreply 127September 28, 2020 3:16 PM

John Driscoll was perfection when he was on GL. Not the most dynamic actor, but a beautiful, beautiful man.

by Anonymousreply 128September 28, 2020 3:19 PM

R115 I've poked fun at Miss Giddens a few times. But I do respect what he's done and accomplished. More than us chatters.

I do think he goes a little too far into the Shonda Rhimes style DRAMA! moments but doesn't have as clear of a grounding in the quieter, emotional moments. You need a balance both for good soap and I think all of the remaining soaps are sort of anemic when it comes to small character stuff because they all want to make EVERY! MOMENT! POP!

He might be good for Y&R if he were paired with someone who could balance the drama out. He certainly has SOME good ideas.

by Anonymousreply 129September 28, 2020 3:24 PM

[quote] At least once during each episode Amelia Heinle is in, I thank the soap gods that we are no longer forced to watch Ms. PSS.

I'd rather have Ms. Pinched Sphincter Syndrome than Whispery Goth Mommy any day.

by Anonymousreply 130September 28, 2020 3:26 PM

R129, that's fair and he's new to being a pro so he's finding out balancing the network notes, what his producers say...Bill Bell was rare in that what he said goes! (or rather, sadly, went!)

Marland and Long had creative control, but not to the extent that Bill had.

by Anonymousreply 131September 28, 2020 5:03 PM

Giddens is a fat slob moronic idiot. He had his podcast where he crucified everyone and THOUGHT that he could write daytime better than anyone. He didn’t get hired on daytime THANK GOD!!! He got his own show and it FAILED! His show got cancelled after 18 episodes and it lost audience week after week. So shut the fuck up Jamey and sit your FAT ass down!

by Anonymousreply 132September 28, 2020 5:35 PM

wig!

by Anonymousreply 133September 28, 2020 6:46 PM

R125

Alyssa is a part of the boring overexposed Adam story. It needs to be flushed down the drain & Adam needs to be back burnered immediately.

by Anonymousreply 134September 28, 2020 9:53 PM

Speaking of hair, someone agrees with us at R101 and finally gave Nick a haircut and beard trim (as seen in Tuesday's 9/29 episode).

by Anonymousreply 135September 28, 2020 10:32 PM

Hello my darlings! I wanted to share an exclusive look at one of my upcoming scenes as the recast Katherine Shepherd Reynolds Chancellor Thurston Sterling Murphy. I play opposite the exquisite Jason Thompson, who will be presenting me with my Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. How delightful to be the new grande dame of Genoa City!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136September 28, 2020 10:36 PM

Nick has a nice ass. Other than that, the show is boring! Dull dull dull Nothing ever happens.

by Anonymousreply 137September 28, 2020 11:10 PM

What the FUCK are they doing with Mariah? She was literally a sounding board the entire episode. So BORING.

by Anonymousreply 138September 29, 2020 1:14 PM

[quote]Adam needs to be back burnered immediately.

In which case there would be no reason for me to watch...like yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 139September 29, 2020 1:19 PM

They must be going for camp now with lank, greasy-haired Slummer portraying a Jabot executive with all the aspirational elegance of a truckstop waitress.

by Anonymousreply 140September 29, 2020 1:25 PM

R139

Sweetie, the good of the show is more important than your fetish.

by Anonymousreply 141September 29, 2020 1:40 PM

It's no "fetish," r141. Grossman is glorious (though I wish he weren't with Chelsea). There is not good to this show except when Adam is in a scene or is being talked about in another scene. Everything else is pure Gudegast scheiss. The quadrangle comprising the younger cast members is particularly excrescent. Phyllis and Abby also need to be on the next train out of town.

by Anonymousreply 142September 29, 2020 1:49 PM

Phyllis has a riveting new storyline working behind the bar of the Grand Phoenix!

by Anonymousreply 143September 29, 2020 1:59 PM

Phyllis and MS is a waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 144September 29, 2020 2:29 PM

How can there not be any rumblings about a creative change? Even Maria's run was better, by leaps and bounds, than this shit.

by Anonymousreply 145September 29, 2020 2:58 PM

I've quit watching, I used to watch every day when it was uploaded to CBS All Access at 5:00pm. I had to stop because it was knocking me out before nightfall.

by Anonymousreply 146September 29, 2020 4:09 PM

R138 She’s only still around because of Cassie’s “legacy.” Camryn doesn’t have chemistry with anyone and Mariah is a dud.

by Anonymousreply 147September 29, 2020 6:01 PM

[quote] What the FUCK are they doing with Mariah? She was literally a sounding board the entire episode. So BORING.

That's what the dull Mariah is. Putting her behind the counter at Crimson Lights to listen to other people unload their problems seems about right.

I remember hearing a rumor way back in 2005 that this is why Jack Smith opted to kill Cassie off to begin with. As sentimental as "Squirt" was, he'd come to the conclusion that teenaged Camryn didn't read "young soap ingenue", and he didn't see much future for her on the romantic front, but killing her off would provide a huge story for Nick and Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 148September 29, 2020 7:20 PM

I will be coming to your rescue soon my dears! One of my Katherine’s first orders of business will be drunkenly mowing down the foliage at that hideous Chancellor Park!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149September 29, 2020 8:27 PM

Jamey and Sara Bibel would be a good team for Y&R, but as previously said, Jamey is selling primetime pilots. So daytime can kick rocks.

And while I don't have any proof of this, I'm sure that Ambitions was cancelled, not for ratings, but for real estate reasons. There is only so much real estate and only so much money and producers with bigger names probably wanted that slot.

by Anonymousreply 150September 29, 2020 8:47 PM

Oh please, the ratings dropped considerably. And as far as real estate goes, the Oprah-Will Packer nexus was milked, but they have standards to maintain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 29, 2020 9:10 PM

NO to fat Jamey and kiss ass Bibel. They’d be terrible for Y&R. And yes, Jamey’s dud of a show got cancelled because they lost around 60% of their audience from episode 1 to 18. That is a FAILURE!!! Ha ha ha.

by Anonymousreply 152September 29, 2020 9:13 PM

Scoche you are so beautiful! Please save Y&R!

by Anonymousreply 153September 29, 2020 9:36 PM

They should give Christian McLaughlin a shot at HW. He's relatively young (53), has worked as both a breakdown and script writer for Y&R and B&B; he's a successful novelist; he created-produced "Spyder Games" for MTV; and he's worked as a writer and producer for several network prime time series. Plus, he knows the old school Bill Bell style. Way back in the 90s, he was an intern at Y&R, saying in one interview, that he grew up on Rose De Ville. .. He last departed Y&R sometime during the Mal Young era.

Ivan's fantasy from Spyder Games. .. Can't you just see JaBottom going to dinner with fiancee Dummer and her parents, but once he notices Theo across the room, all he can think about is getting fucked by him on the table?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154September 29, 2020 9:51 PM

While it's not gonna happen anyway with Jamey since he's on to bigger things and they don't see Sara doing anything except breakdowns. But no matter who gets chosen you guys are gonna bitch anyway. They could dig up and reanimate Bill Bell's rotting corpse to write the show and you bitches would complain. Soap fans are their own worst enemies. And you would think you would be excited that one of your own actually made it and got something produced. But you're all bitter and angry for God only knows what.

by Anonymousreply 155September 30, 2020 12:17 AM

I think Bibel got shifted to the Story-Script Editor position a little over a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 156September 30, 2020 12:46 AM

What was truly the last great year on Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 157September 30, 2020 12:54 AM

Great question, R157.

I'd say 2005 or whatever year it was that Cassie died.

Jack Smith was writing the show then; he knew how to have characters talk about their feelings and he could bring the drama on a daily basis. ALL character based.

Victor going to see Albert Miller, which reran over the summer, was heartbreaking.

They don't know how to tell stories anymore. Kyle wishy washy over Lola and Summer; it ruined him. Phyllis and Nick have ruined so many lives they don't have a leg to stand on.

I adore Jason Thompson, but he's the most miscast actor in years; Mike's death on GH was a little too sad, but Dina's dying off camera is worse.

FFS why even give Dina the alzheimer's she was the last matriarchal figure the show had.

They never should have killed Diane or Hope. And Sharon shouldn't be seeing Adam. He STOLE HER BABY.

by Anonymousreply 158September 30, 2020 1:36 AM

[quote]What was truly the last great year on Y&R?

The Lynn Marie Latham years.

by Anonymousreply 159September 30, 2020 1:42 AM

Latham = the annus horribilis

by Anonymousreply 160September 30, 2020 1:50 AM

When they switched from LML to MAB, I was GONE. I didn't watch again until Mark Grossman joined the show.

by Anonymousreply 161September 30, 2020 1:52 AM

I can name many storylines over the last two decades that I've enjoyed, but I think the last time I enjoyed the WHOLE SHOWand every storyline was in the 1997-99 timeframe.

I can watch this 1998 Daytime Emmy montage, and every story still registers. (The only weak element I'm recalling was the unfortunate casting of Shattuck as Ashley.)

CAUTION: I'VE TRIED TO HAVE THE LINK SKIP THE FIRST MINUTE INTRO WITH THE GAWD AWFUL ROSIE O'DONNELL, BUT I"M NOT SURE IF THIS ALWAYS WORKS ON DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162September 30, 2020 1:59 AM

Apparently, Grimes has now revealed who the bisexual boyfriend is (Brock Powell).

And they're in love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163September 30, 2020 2:25 AM

He's saying the same thing on his IG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164September 30, 2020 2:25 AM

Real estate? On cable tv? There’s more networks than they know what to do with.

by Anonymousreply 165September 30, 2020 4:34 AM

Good lord Lezbo Grimes and her bf are perfect for each other. They’re both homely!

by Anonymousreply 166September 30, 2020 5:49 AM

I see Nick finally showered and cut his hair.

by Anonymousreply 167September 30, 2020 5:55 AM

What is up with Eileen Davidson. Wasn't she thrown off of Yawn and The Rested? The last I had heard is that she wanted backnon Days even though Kristen was recast. ED could play at least 3 other characters she played on the show besides Kristen. It would be fun to see her play against the new Kristen.

by Anonymousreply 168September 30, 2020 6:14 AM

I believe ED is back as Ashley this Friday.

In any event, Days is broke and finds their bargain-basement NuKristen satisfactory.

by Anonymousreply 169September 30, 2020 7:27 AM

What that drunken old cunt MTS needs is a massive vaginal rejuvenation.

by Anonymousreply 170September 30, 2020 8:01 AM

Grimes is just wasted. I like her and think she's better than this.

by Anonymousreply 171September 30, 2020 11:30 AM

Grimes has the fat arms and is a lez. She was cute in 2005. In 2020, she should go away. She has the ‘hunky’ boyfriend in real life. Cough cough. You know she’s eating snatch.

by Anonymousreply 172September 30, 2020 12:10 PM

I know we ALL know how dumb this soap is but during that argument when Billy was belittling Phyllis and her dating history, why didn't she say "Dude, you slept with my daughter"

by Anonymousreply 173September 30, 2020 12:37 PM

R173, indeed. Do they have writers who don’t know the (fairly recent) history, can’t hit a dramatic note when it’s there for the striking, bad character notes, ineffective continuity assistants or what?!

I was amazed they actually had Amanda and Mariah talk to each other about their shared experience of secret dead twin sisters. It was almost like someone was paying some kind of attention.

by Anonymousreply 174September 30, 2020 1:19 PM

r170 Dex = the latest iteration of "spicen"?

by Anonymousreply 175September 30, 2020 1:24 PM

I dislike and have NO respect for Jamey Giddens because he dragged every Y&R EP and writer on his podcast while stating how HE could make Y&R great. He never got hired for Y&R - thank GOD!! Jamey wrote his own show (kudos for doing it) but Ambitions was a disaster! It had terrible ratings and lost viewers week after week. Jamey should sit his FAT ass down. Good for him for selling his shows ——I’ll never have to see them!

by Anonymousreply 176September 30, 2020 3:40 PM

R176

You sure sound pressed about Jamey. Jamey putting for ideas on how to improve YR is no different than any other soap fan. We have all done it. Shit! We have threads here & on Twitter just for that. He just happened to have a wildly listened to podcast.

by Anonymousreply 177September 30, 2020 4:17 PM

Jamey’s fat ass failed! His 18 episode Ambitions lost viewers week after week and got cancelled. How the fuck could he write 250 episodes of Y&R without losing their audience??????? Giddens and Y&R is not a good match. SO happy to say that Ambitions failed! Good luck Jamey, just stay the fuck away from Y&R!

by Anonymousreply 178September 30, 2020 5:20 PM

The Teardrop of Love? Jeez, this sounds as bad as the hunt for Kay's big ol' diamond ring, The Real Terroni, and The Grugeon Reliquary.

Can someone please tell EB to stop with the repetitious "Billy Boy Abbott"? .. Using it once per episode is more than enough.

On another note, what the hell was Abby wearing? .. Please tell me Mylar® isn't coming back.

by Anonymousreply 179September 30, 2020 7:32 PM

Rumor has it that Zack Tinker and Cait are no longer fucking.

by Anonymousreply 180October 1, 2020 12:08 PM

[QUOTE] The Grugeon Reliquary.

Was this when Brad was a Jewish superhero and strangled a man to death with his thighs in a cave?

by Anonymousreply 181October 1, 2020 2:14 PM

Can somebody tell dumb Dylan and Vee and whiny eeyore Carl to stop hogging up the threads at SON?

by Anonymousreply 182October 1, 2020 5:00 PM

R181 That's not a bad way to die.

by Anonymousreply 183October 1, 2020 5:17 PM

R182 Dumb Dylan doesn’t know the proper usage of their, there and they’re. Asshole Vee is still whining about something that happened on a cancelled soap 30 years ago. Its time to let it go. Khan is a mess, as always. What a crew over at SON. Pervert Soapsuds still thinks he’ll get a date with Chambo Massey. lololol

by Anonymousreply 184October 1, 2020 6:44 PM

R181 Brad's superhero name on soap opera message boards back then was ThighMaster.

Oy vey!

by Anonymousreply 185October 1, 2020 6:47 PM

Such rehash. .. Many of Adam's previous misdeeds, including the baby switch with Faith, were previously covered in Billy Abbott's "Restless Style" cover story on Adam TEN YEARS AGO. .. That was also the article that publicly revealed how Adam had manipulated and fucked hot Latin Boy Rafe. .. Now that was juicy!

But who gives a shit if little boy Adam happened to accidentally kill a low-life loan shark who was threatening-attacking his poor blind mother? .. They should give him a medal for being a hero.

by Anonymousreply 186October 1, 2020 7:15 PM

R179 Finally someone mentions the complete overuse of 'Billy Boy Abbott.' There's a time and a place for it but now he uses it for every single reference. EB really does play it like he's a villian in a cartoon and this is the name he's invented for his arch nemesis.

by Anonymousreply 187October 2, 2020 4:58 AM

If you want to see Lachlan Buchanan's (ex-Kyle Abbott's) partner, Kyle Schuneman on TV, he'll be one of the interior designers appearing in HGTV's pilot show called "Rentervention" premiering today (Friday) on HGTV. My West Cost schedule has it on at noon (opposite of Y&R .. lol!)

The only cute guy in the promo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 2, 2020 7:08 AM

Nah, we're good R188

by Anonymousreply 189October 2, 2020 8:59 AM

R167 But couldn’t he have shaved?

by Anonymousreply 190October 2, 2020 9:10 AM

R188 No thanks. Lachlan was terrible on Y&R. Why would I care or want to see his husband? Pass.

by Anonymousreply 191October 2, 2020 10:44 AM

It's impossible to envision Billy Miller and Michael Muhney playing this Billy/Adam storyline. So bad.

by Anonymousreply 192October 2, 2020 4:49 PM

Too bad the Jabottom and Slummer road trip didn't happen in the summer. Imagine all the cross-promotional marketing opportunities they missed!

by Anonymousreply 193October 2, 2020 7:01 PM

What's up with Hunter King's face? Did she go to Jacqueline MacInnes Wood's doctor?

Bryton ain't sexy or dynamic enough to be the center point of a love triangle.

Maybe someone should clue Little Miss Dolly Parton in on how Adam saved her life. (Noah's too.)

Has homeless Jared been selling tricks to support his drug habit? Male prostitution would be something different. They only hinted at it when teenage Devon went homeless in Chicago and ended up being arrested in a vice raid.

Take a drink every time someone says "Teardrop of Love."

Surprise surprise. EB actually did some acting today. .. Stupid story, but I enjoyed watching Victor call Wimptoria on the carpet.

by Anonymousreply 194October 2, 2020 7:38 PM

R194

I noticed something had changed with HHK's face earlier this week.

by Anonymousreply 195October 2, 2020 10:38 PM

[quote] it's not gonna happen anyway with Jamey since he's on to bigger things

More shading about La Giddens' size? Tsk tsk

by Anonymousreply 196October 2, 2020 10:50 PM

That FAT SLOB Giddens- yup - I’m proud to say it - had better stay away from daytime. He’s a one note writer. Duh - Ambitions FAILED!

by Anonymousreply 197October 3, 2020 2:41 AM

Bad porn music alert right at the beginning of Monday's episode.

File under: What the Hell Was That?

by Anonymousreply 198October 3, 2020 8:20 AM

[quote]I enjoyed watching Victor call Wimptoria on the carpet.

I was simply grateful—so very fucking grateful—we didn't have to watch Sphincterina wrinkle her nostrils throughout those scenes.

by Anonymousreply 199October 3, 2020 8:25 AM

I know, r192. If Michael Muhney and Billy Miller were acting out this drama, I would have been unable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 200October 3, 2020 8:27 AM

WEHT the titty toucher? He was allegedly supposed to go on to better things and won oscars!

by Anonymousreply 201October 3, 2020 9:57 AM

I told you all years ago that Max Ehrich is koo koo!

by Anonymousreply 202October 3, 2020 10:12 AM

R202 I don't think anyone disputes that.

by Anonymousreply 203October 3, 2020 10:55 AM

R202

Blind Gossip says Demi dumped Max after finding sexual pics on his phone. The pics were with his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 204October 3, 2020 12:57 PM

This show is so boring,.

by Anonymousreply 205October 3, 2020 1:03 PM

R168 Elieen supposedly asked to be dropped to recurring on Y&R and that she didn't want to go back to Days. One of the reasons is that Days wanted her on contract, another is that the story Ron had didn't really interest her and allegedly Days wouldn't be able to pay anywhere close to what she would make just being on recurring status on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 206October 3, 2020 1:18 PM

r206

I would think Ron would love her back full time but I'm sure it was a money thing. I would assume it was a money thing if Eileen did want to return to DOOL

by Anonymousreply 207October 3, 2020 1:40 PM

Has Miss Chrissy LeBlanc commented on the Max situation yet? What about Tracey E Bregman?

by Anonymousreply 208October 3, 2020 1:51 PM

Max has already set his sights on his next victim: Shawn Mendes.

by Anonymousreply 209October 3, 2020 2:48 PM

Chrissy's too busy playing with his new white wig.

by Anonymousreply 210October 3, 2020 6:46 PM

Elena screwing Devon one soap day, and Nate the next. .. Sounds like a "Who's the Daddy?' in the making. ZZZZzzzz

The hair and makeup crew must not have gotten the memo that Sharon has breast cancer.

And wardrobe must be using a beach ball to make Chloe look pregnant. Her OVERLY rounded belly is such a ridiculous shape.

And pay attention. Scenes from these upcoming episodes will obviously be used to create Kate Linder's Daytime Emmy reel.

Also, just a logistical question ... but why isn't Chance CHANCELLOR living at The CHANCELLOR Masoleum? .. It's so stupid seeing the full-time occupants be Esther, Chloe, and Kevin. .. As I recall Jill bought the place back from Billy, so her grandson, Chance, should be there. .. Plus, recall Chloe took Chance's virgin card, and those two were even engaged to be married for awhile. .. Playing some of those past beats between Chloe and Chance could give Kevin a reason to have a fling with the stableboy out in the barn. .. Kay Chancellor would have approved.

by Anonymousreply 211October 3, 2020 9:28 PM

I just realized that Chloe is Esther's daughter. I thought Esther's daughter was named after Katherine. What happened to that daughter?

by Anonymousreply 212October 3, 2020 11:11 PM

^^ Chloe isn't her birth name. Chloe legally changed it.

by Anonymousreply 213October 3, 2020 11:18 PM

Yes, Esther's daughter's birth name was "Katherine Tina Valentine". .. As you say, "Katherine" was for the Old Battleaxe and "Tina" was for the girl's father, "Tiny the Plumber," who opted to not stick around anyway. .. Esther generally referred to her as "Kate."

When Griffith added the character of "Chloe Mitchell" during the 2008 writers strike, I don't think there was a plan that she would be "Kate Valentine." Sources say it was originally mean as a 10 episode gig. And when he and MAB, later decided that they wanted to keep Liz Hendrickson around, they decided to connect her to the canvas by making her Esther's daughter.

As I recall, the explanation was that Kate had deccided to change her name, because she was trying to become an influential fashionista, and she didn't want people knowing that she was some lowly maid's daughter. But why she chose the name "Chloe Mitchell" was never explained. And why she stuck with that name even after everyone found out who she was didn't get covered either.

by Anonymousreply 214October 4, 2020 12:45 AM

Keep an eye for Dapper. He's in Palm Springs this weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215October 4, 2020 1:48 AM

Y&R was so stupid for destroying that character.

by Anonymousreply 216October 4, 2020 2:04 AM

Does anyone have a way to get some pictures of John Driscoll's barefeet?

by Anonymousreply 217October 4, 2020 1:48 PM

The Chancellor mansion is my home. I am kicking out the bottom feeders.

by Anonymousreply 218October 4, 2020 3:28 PM

John Driscoll would be 10000000% better than the ugly fuck playing Chance now.

by Anonymousreply 219October 4, 2020 6:42 PM

Not a fan of Boaz, but this is what the Army does to guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 4, 2020 6:51 PM

r220

I'd still do him in a second

by Anonymousreply 221October 4, 2020 6:58 PM

Boaz is average and Driscoll looks 50.

We need a NuNuChance.

by Anonymousreply 222October 4, 2020 7:10 PM

I think Boaz is well suited to Abby. At least, I like him more than I like her. Is he still a Trumpkin?

by Anonymousreply 223October 4, 2020 7:12 PM

Well-suited, in that Bore-az and Bored-way make for one boring couple.

by Anonymousreply 224October 4, 2020 7:50 PM

r224 They can both be in the same boating / flying / traffic accident that takes out Kyle / Summer / Theo / Phyllis / Chelsea. I don't mind Lola. I kind of like her. One of the deepest, most egregious flaws in the writing is that Kyle married her, then dumped her less than a year later FOR SUMMER!

by Anonymousreply 225October 4, 2020 7:54 PM

R217 You might find pictures showing Driscoll's feets from when he was repping GL and Y&R at those Soapfest charity get-togethers on Marco Island, since those events were kind of a beach-y things. Here's one from 2010 when he was still hot. .. For a second, there I thought he had six toes .. lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226October 4, 2020 8:13 PM

Boaz is ugly and too old for the part. How could that mess be the son of both Phillip and the grandson of Phillip Sr, two gorgeous men? They should have gone with someone either unknown, or one of those Hallmark guys. Or the guy who played the slutty bell boy on Days of our Lives.

by Anonymousreply 227October 4, 2020 8:22 PM

I wish just for fun, they would have a restaurant or hotel scene with formerr cast members in the background, at tables eating or drinking. As extras. Brendad Ickson with Thom Bierdz. Victoria Rowell and Gina and Danny Romalotti noshing and giggling about something. Nikki’s sister and the cute dude who kept Lauren in a box decades ago, Shawn.

Don Diamont with Epperson and the Ford guy. Shenanigans!

by Anonymousreply 228October 4, 2020 8:40 PM

R227 I'd love to see the slutty bell boy from Days on Y&R. Spencer is both hot and smart. I've often thought he'd make a good recast for FenMo.

I've been thinking that Brant Daugherty (slutty Brian from Days) might make a good Chance. I could see him being related to both PC2 and PC3. And yeah, I believe he's just done another project for Hallmark .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 229October 4, 2020 10:34 PM

My question to Anthony Morina and Josh Griffith: Why is Y&R so Fucking boring?????

by Anonymousreply 230October 5, 2020 1:04 AM

R229 Brant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231October 5, 2020 2:13 AM

R231 My favorite Brant moment on DOOL was watching him try to seduce Sonny. .. He seems very adept at unbuckling another man's belt while otherwise occupied with his tongue. .. A talented multi-tasker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232October 5, 2020 2:24 AM

Sharon has breast cancer is the epitome of Griffith and Morina stupidity. Sharon looks GREAT for someone going through chemo and various operations. Jesus god damned christ. Someone please make Y&R great again! !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 233October 5, 2020 2:48 AM

LOL I was flipping around the other day and landed on Y& R during a scene with Sharon Case. I thought "dang! she never ages." I would never know what her character was battling cancer if you hadn't told me.

by Anonymousreply 234October 5, 2020 3:24 AM

[quote]Someone please make Y&R great again! !!!!!

I'm available.

by Anonymousreply 235October 5, 2020 3:29 AM

Jill farren Phelps andChuck Pratt! They knew how to get the numbers.

by Anonymousreply 236October 5, 2020 3:36 AM

Can someone explain Sharon Case's popularity to me? If you ask me, her acting stints. The mugging at the camera and the cow eyes when she tries to avert questions about Adam is the stuff of the Bad Acting Hall of fame.

by Anonymousreply 237October 5, 2020 5:11 AM

Admittedly the bar is low. Very low. But if you think about the world of Y & R, Case is probably one of the better actors on the show.

by Anonymousreply 238October 5, 2020 5:30 AM

What R238 said. Case isn’t that great, but it’s a soap. Who’s a better actor? Not Eric Braeden for sure, and he’s been on the show even longer. Michelle Stafford is fun to watch but hardly a good actress, some of her lines are delivered absolutely appallingly (but like I say, still fun). Bryton James is Ok and probably deserved his Emmy but he only shows up in half his scenes. Joshua Morrow is even worse for mostly phoning it in. Maybe, maybe, Melody TS is better than Case. But it’s not a long list.

by Anonymousreply 239October 5, 2020 6:05 AM

Wait until you see me hit the screen!

by Anonymousreply 240October 5, 2020 9:31 AM

[quote] Can someone explain Sharon Case's popularity to me?

Case has been with the show 26 years now. There's probably still a contingent of female viewers out there who started watching Y&R when the Nick & Sharon love story was a really big deal back in the mid-90s, so they've kinda been there with "their girl," since the beginning. And if these women were in their late-teens to early-20s back at that time, then they're still part of the older-skewing 25-54W demo that means something to CBS.

by Anonymousreply 241October 5, 2020 9:36 AM

It's so tired to see soap acting get trashed all the time. If you put Meryl Streep in a production where you are cranking out scenes with little to no rehearsal and very little direction with complicated dialogue that isn't always natural, she would be no better than Sharon Case. Soap actors deserve some respect.

by Anonymousreply 242October 5, 2020 1:39 PM

Case can be good given the right material. Nowadays she’s just blah. It’s really the same shit every day. The fact that she looks her same glamorous self while suffering a life threatening disease is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 243October 5, 2020 2:34 PM

As the show's "Restless Style" cover story once depicted, Sharon is like Y&R's "Pauline," and she's capable of selling one Peril after another (and look fabulous doing it).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244October 5, 2020 6:57 PM

The overrated Little Miss Dolly Parton needs to stop doing those twisty gyratinons with her mouth/lips. And she's still telegraphing her reactions before her scene partners have finished their lines.

If the online bullying is so distressful, send her abroad to a boarding school where they have a No Tolerance policy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245October 5, 2020 10:45 PM

When's the last time we got a good double slap?

At least Alden gave us some good, historically-based cat fights... lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246October 6, 2020 8:11 PM

Gee. The Grifter from Myanmar is stuck in the elevator for what? .. something like three minutes, and she's already trying to climb up to the ceiling panel, in heels? .. Where was Chlesea planning to go to, if she got up there? .. LOL! .. Elevators in modern high-rise buildings have alarms, and many of them have some kind of communication device. .. Such stupid writing. .. I'll take it, though, if this useless character dies.

So Sharon's big operation was some kind of out-patient procedure? How can she be back home already? .. And where's Noah? He said he'd be there. .. More sloppy writing.

And remind me again, why Billy chooses to live in a hotel suite? .. Anyway, when Adam was searching Billy's room, he should have come across his porn collection. .. I could see some vintage issues of "Latin Inches" to relive his times with Raul Guitierrez in the pool house 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 247October 7, 2020 10:02 PM

[quote]And remind me again, why Billy chooses to live in a hotel suite?

I don't know if YR has similar budget problems to Days, but Days has characters live in hotels or multiple people living in a mansion to save money on sets.

by Anonymousreply 248October 7, 2020 10:55 PM

[quote] ... multiple people living in a mansion to save money on sets.

R248 That's exactly why it would make far more sense for both Billy AND Chance to be living at the Chancellor Estate instead of the hotel. .. As Jill's son and grandson, there's an actual reason for them to be living there, and recall Billy even owned the Mausoleum for awhile, and last lived there with Cane and JT when they were all divorced-separated from their fraus. .. Plus, both Billy and Chance were previously involved with Chloe (one married, the other engaged). They could play up these relationships.

by Anonymousreply 249October 7, 2020 11:12 PM

[QUOTE] I don't know if YR has similar budget problems to Days, but Days has characters live in hotels or multiple people living in a mansion to save money on sets.

Have you seen Hope’s “house” lately?? 😂😂

Jack and Jennifer have been living in the DiMera Mansion for months which makes no sense whatsoever. They are purportedly taking care of Abigail’s children there.

by Anonymousreply 250October 7, 2020 11:14 PM

Part of the missing set problem at Y&R right now might be be because of the pandemic. i.e. The less sets they use, the less they have to sanitize due to the pandemic, and they might have developed some kind of cleaning routine for the ones they seem to be over-using.

by Anonymousreply 251October 8, 2020 2:11 AM

...and less manpower to have to move them.

by Anonymousreply 252October 8, 2020 3:05 AM

at one of the shows, the sets are always standing up and they're in rows of three and the sets are small.

that must save a ton of money.

by Anonymousreply 253October 8, 2020 3:30 AM

Didn't they haul pregnant Chloe and the beach ball they stuck under her outfit off to the hospital something like two nights ago? .. It was the same night that Nate & Elena had porn sex on the exam table. .. We got a new day after that, and the following night Adam broke into Billy's hotel room. .. Now we we get another new day tomorrow. .. Is the bitch supposed to still be in labor?! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 254October 8, 2020 4:59 AM

You might enjoy this video from B&B showing them do a total build of their sets at Stage 31.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255October 8, 2020 6:53 AM

R253

Lauren got a call yesterday that Chloe had a baby boy.

I know I'd have rather seen the delivery than another Adam day, Chelsea in the elevator, the Tear drop of Love, etc... JG is a fucking hack.

by Anonymousreply 256October 8, 2020 11:56 AM

R255, thanks for that. Sets fascinate me.

I wish the soaps would just get with the program and incorporate COVID into their storylines. It seems even more bizarre and pointless storytelling given the world around us. And it would be safer for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 257October 8, 2020 3:45 PM

Au revoir, Bangs!

The End of Dina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 10, 2020 10:50 PM

Has the video been yanked?

by Anonymousreply 259October 10, 2020 11:29 PM

I remember when ole Dina first showed up. She and Kay used to talk about what a slut Jill was and she unfit to be married to John. Yes, the two OG sluts of Genoa City, Katherine and Dina, had the nerve to be talking about Jill.

by Anonymousreply 260October 10, 2020 11:30 PM

r259

try this one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261October 10, 2020 11:34 PM

Sad sack Elena is borng. So ya had a roll on the ol' exam table with Nate. Get over it. .. And if they ever had any patients at that damn Free Clinic, then she wouldn't be able to stand around and commiserate about it all day long. That set up is so unreal. The clinic doesn't even have a front office person.

Does this show really need TWO police detectives? They don't even have a police station any longer... lol! .. if anything, they should have left one of them be the private dick who goes rogue (like Paul used to). .. I suppose Rey and Chance will end up publicly dicussing all of their police work right there in the middle of Crimson Lights.

And where did that "baby nightmare" of Abby's spring from in her brain? .. Surely our heiress knows full well she'd have a live-in nanny taking care of baby's needs. .. And Chance is sooooo traditional, yet they're going to try and make a baby before getting married? .. If/when that happens, will Nina and Phillip show up for the event? .. And will they name a boy baby Phillip Chancellor V ??

Don't act too enthused about marrying Rey, Sharon! (Although, I'm sure Case is playing it exactly how the subtext of the script wants her to.)

After Dina dies, what will the three sexagenarian Abbott kids do? Join AARP?

by Anonymousreply 262October 13, 2020 8:41 PM

Did Slummer find Grindr on Jabottom’s phone? Is that why she canceled their elopement?

by Anonymousreply 263October 13, 2020 9:07 PM

It seems like most of the male characters end up working at the police dept at one time or another. lol. for the mostly invisible Paul. I guess Nicks house set is gone now. Phyllis and him always end up at her hotel suite. The diminished, tacky sets have taken its toll on the show too.

by Anonymousreply 264October 13, 2020 9:19 PM

When they recast Chance (not a fan of Boaz) and said the character was opting to leave his government job, they had the perfect opportunity to move our Chancellor HEIR into the corporate arena. Jill should have insisted that PC4 join Billy and Lily at ChanceCom, or do something for her at Chancellor.

Besides Nick's house R264, I think Victoria's house (the so-called 'Father Knows Best' set) is also shuttered or gone. Every time they show her, she's either at NE or staying at The Ranch with the kids. Meanwhile, Billy's living in a hotel room. Probably the same hotel room set that they show Nick/Phyllis and Chance/Abby in, with interiors shifted around.

by Anonymousreply 265October 13, 2020 10:49 PM

R263 The wedding got put on hold, because JaBottom showed Summer the 12" King Cock, strap-on device that he wants her to peg him with on their honeymoon. .. While Summer is up for it, she said she'd like to consult with Mariah & Tessa first in order to get a few tips on usage, as she wants their wedding night to be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 266October 13, 2020 11:39 PM

The actress who plays Amanda doesn't look well. She now has a loly pop head and dark circles under her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 267October 14, 2020 8:23 PM

I think they're doing their own makeup, R267

by Anonymousreply 268October 14, 2020 8:59 PM

Oh joy. Another marriage for Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 269October 14, 2020 9:26 PM

This show might be half-way entertaining if:

-- Instead of a NYC partygirl named "Jenn," JaBottom had phoned a NYC manslut named "John.". .. We'd then have gotten a momentary flashback of their last drug-fueled encounter where Kyle is seen sniffing poppers, then shouting, "HARDER! .. DEEPER! .. FASTER!"

-- Lily were to have voiced her opinion that Billy's mad obsession with Adam is actually a manifestation of his deep-seated sexual attraction toward his so-called nemesis. .. And rather than fuck-up Adam's life, Billy really just wants to fuck Adam, period. .. Lily advises: "Just go for it, Billy. We all know Adam was with Rafe. He'd probably agree to sleep with you just to get you to stop this stupid vendetta of yours."

-- Amanda's investigation into her and Hilary's parentage and adoption leads to the discovery that there were actually triplets, and it turns out that Amanda also has a brother named "Felix" out there. .. Felix currently lives in Boston, and a couple years ago was making plans to become "Mr. Nate Hastings" -- that is until bisexual Nate broke off their (drunken) engagement with him just picking up and fleeing to Genoa City. .. Can Felix win Nate back with one of his amazing blow jobs and get "Fate" back on track?

-- It turns out that when "The Teardrop of Love" disappeared prior to WW2, the reclusive millionaire's "son" was actually his cute, young rentboy. There was no girlfriend. That was just a cover. .. It turns out the guy is still alive, and when word gets out that the emerald has been found, he shows up at The Abbotts to reclaim what is rightfully his. .. Our nonagenarian has documentation from the original auction house showing provenance as well as photos of it as the crown jewel atop a very special dildo that the millionaire had given him. (He's a cranky eldergay, and DL is going to love this character!)

-- Adam's investigation of Rey leads to the discovery that Rey has regular Grindr hook-ups with 18-year old twinks. And Jared, the kid from the free clinic, has a POV video on his phone of "PapiRey10+" going deep inside him. .. Hmmm .. Looks like we may have a film premiere at Rey & Sharon's wedding ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 270October 14, 2020 10:04 PM

I think this thread has been paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 271October 15, 2020 2:17 PM

I was a bit disappointed by Dina's big day. I thought they were going to a retrospective, based on the promo. That would have been better.

And Jack, Ashley and Traci fighting over who gets to inherit her walker was just embarrassing with the obvious social distancing.

by Anonymousreply 272October 15, 2020 9:48 PM

^^^

I'm sure we'll get flashbacks next week. That's when the memorial occurs.

by Anonymousreply 273October 16, 2020 8:49 AM

Is that part of it?

by Anonymousreply 274October 16, 2020 11:24 AM

I realize they're working under social distancing restrictions, but the set up of having Dina die right there sitting in the middle of a room with everyone just staring at her only highlighted that external element. Surely, one of the Abbott kids would have gone over and held her hand, if for no other reason than to make sure she didn't fall over or slide out of the chair onto the floor. It may have been a better set up if they'd had Dina in a bed with each of the Abbott kids on one side of it, then done something with stunt actors, camera trickery, and editing to relay more intimacy.

And here Griffith did his retcon to connect Theo to the Abbott via Dina, yet doesn't even have him in this family scene where grandma dies?

As for any retrospective of Marla's old scenes, maybe if they hold a memorial service for Dina, the group will sit around and re-tell some stories. The three kids of course, and Jess Walton would have to be there; they could also have both Victor and Esther tell one. .. And how 'bout a surprise guest like Francois Benard (Marc Mergeron), and about five or six ex-lovers sitting in the back row. .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 275October 16, 2020 6:53 PM

I miss her already. Where’s Scoche to console me?

by Anonymousreply 276October 16, 2020 10:52 PM

Chrissy has dibs on Dina's bangs.

by Anonymousreply 277October 16, 2020 11:32 PM

The Chrissy gray hair was horrible. Shit he needs to go back to the original dye job.

by Anonymousreply 278October 17, 2020 12:30 AM

It's a white wig.

by Anonymousreply 279October 17, 2020 4:16 AM

it's too bad Dina wasn't given a redemption story.

What if Ashely had killed Graham crackers and blocked it out; and Dina says: "I, Madam Mergeron, killed Graham crackers."

She takes the stand; confesses all; Ashley takes the stand, tries to say she did it.

Michael Baldwin's the d.a.: "Miss Abbott, you were institutionalized in a mental hospital, weren't you?"

Ashley tells Victor the truth and Michael gets him on the stand. Victor: "I refuse to testify against...my wife!"

Cut to Nikki, stunned to learn that Victor and Ashley are still legally married.

For cripes sake GIVE ME A SOAP OPERA.

by Anonymousreply 280October 17, 2020 5:08 AM

Bill Bell would have said: Tell Christian to dye his hair black. The audience won't recognize him otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 281October 17, 2020 5:09 AM

Bill Bell would have said: Tell Christian to dye his hair black. The audience won't recognize him otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 282October 17, 2020 5:09 AM

They should have had fun with Dina's altzheimer's and had her do a bunch of callbacks to her character Belle from Secret Storm. She'd started calling Ashley Amy and vowing revenge for her dead daughter.

by Anonymousreply 283October 17, 2020 5:21 AM

[quote] They should have had fun with Dina's altzheimer's

-- Every time Abby walks in the room, Dina asks, "Where the hell is Mamie? .. Can someone feed this girl a cheeseburger?"

-- Every time Traci walks in the room, Dina advises, "I don't know your name, dear, but you should really think about giving your next Double-Double Cheeseburger & Jumbo Fries Combo to that skinny, blonde girl over there."

-- Every time Ashley walks in the room, Dina exclaims, "Ohmygod! .. When did they let YOU out of the nut house!?"

-- Every time Jackie walks in the room, Dina rolls her eyes and announces, "Dear God, John .. If you can't bring yourself to butch it up a bit, I'm leaving you!"

-- Every time Theo walks in the room, Dina smiles, "Hey there, Stud! .. Why don't you come over here and sit on my lap!"

-- Every time JaBottom walks in the room, Dina asks, "What's Brysen from Sean Cody doing here? .. Is it movie night again?"

by Anonymousreply 284October 17, 2020 8:11 PM

I thought Chrissy let his hair go white during the pandemic. Anyway it ages him like 10 years and needs to go back to black.

by Anonymousreply 285October 17, 2020 9:29 PM

R285 during the lockdown I meant

by Anonymousreply 286October 17, 2020 9:30 PM

How the holy hell is trailer park escapee Slummer the head of marketing for Jabot??? At least Lauren has actual experience running a business.

by Anonymousreply 287October 17, 2020 9:36 PM

R285 He used to dye the hair on the sides of his head black in order to match the hairpiece he wore on top. .. During lockdown - as with other times when he was off the show - he let the sides of his head go natural gray-white. He's simply matched the new piece on top to that.

by Anonymousreply 288October 17, 2020 9:45 PM

R282 I think it was about 8-10 years ago now that he came back from a vacation and hadn't dyed the sides while he was gone. .. They were very salt and pepperish - more salt than pepper - so the change was quite noticeable to viewers. .. He tried to get away with it for a few episodes, but then lamented on social media that he'd been told by TPTB to go back to dying it. .. Also, there was another time when he used that "Red Rum" tint that Maxim Hair Dye for Men had come out with, and it looked absolutely horrible. I think that lasted about a week or two before he stopped.

by Anonymousreply 289October 17, 2020 10:20 PM

Welp. AH is a Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 290October 18, 2020 8:52 PM

The way they keep going on and on about what went down in Vegas, makes it sound like Chance and Adam must have shot a video for Corbin Fisher while they were there.

Would that be scandalous enough?

by Anonymousreply 291October 19, 2020 1:57 AM

I'm beginning to see Carol Channing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292October 25, 2020 10:20 PM

yay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293October 29, 2020 6:43 PM

Will Phillip show up as well?

by Anonymousreply 294October 29, 2020 6:54 PM

Are they going to recast that old man who plays her son?

by Anonymousreply 295October 29, 2020 7:02 PM

I guess they're trying to remind us that Chance is supposed to be older than Nick .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 296October 29, 2020 7:27 PM

R293 I'll tune in to see that. I haven't watched in over a month. It just got too boring. Have I missed anything good?

by Anonymousreply 297October 29, 2020 11:12 PM

No.

Phyllis' lifelong ambition to own a hotel is in jeopardy. Elena had a nervous breakdown over sleeping with Nate; Nate betrayed his pal Devon and I'm sure he has no idea why; the writers don't.

Summer doesn't think that Kyle, who divorced Lola to be with her really loves her; Summer thinks Kyle loves Lola. Summer wanted to keep a low profile so she checked into her mother's hotel.

Adam is changing his name to Adam Wilson so no one will know he's a bad boy anymore. Adam looks like he's 12.

by Anonymousreply 298October 30, 2020 5:29 AM

Slummer's fantasy scenes of seeing Jabottom with Bore-la were some of the best things this show has done. They were almost camp, which certainly elevated it above most of the dreck on this show.

by Anonymousreply 299October 30, 2020 1:42 PM

Dummer's fantasy scenes should have included an image of Lola pegging JaBottom with one of her cucumbers. That's about all I can imagine when it comes to this Kyle and a female.

by Anonymousreply 300October 30, 2020 7:27 PM

Most days I watch out of habit. I've been watching on and off since the mid-80's. The times I've forgotten to record it, I didn't miss it.

by Anonymousreply 301October 30, 2020 7:57 PM

Sounds like the Theo actor is leaving according to Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 302November 3, 2020 12:39 AM

I wonder what happened; they went out of their way to make him Dina's grandson

He'd be perfect with Sally Spectra

by Anonymousreply 303November 3, 2020 6:09 AM

These shows have to pay for additional covid related protocols to continue filming, so I bet more than a few actors are about to get the cut.

by Anonymousreply 304November 3, 2020 1:44 PM

Sally is for Jack.

by Anonymousreply 305November 3, 2020 2:04 PM

r305

she could be his grand daughter(or even great)

by Anonymousreply 306November 3, 2020 3:04 PM

SACK sounds downright embarrassing.

And I agree with R303. I think Sally with Theo would have potential. I actually find Theo more interesting than either JaBottom or Chance.

by Anonymousreply 307November 3, 2020 6:17 PM

is this the current thread?

by Anonymousreply 308November 11, 2020 11:12 PM

Yes it is

by Anonymousreply 309November 12, 2020 12:03 AM

kinda dead huh? Are they really going to kill Chance?

by Anonymousreply 310November 12, 2020 12:37 AM

Unlikely. He’s a legacy character, so I don’t think they’ll go there. Tricia Cast is coming back for a few episodes as his mother. Should be any day now. Guy who plays Theo has been fired though.

by Anonymousreply 311November 12, 2020 12:41 AM

They should give Chance a head transplant.

by Anonymousreply 312November 12, 2020 12:48 AM

Chance feels like an orphaned character.

None of the main characters that he's related to are on the show right now -- Nina, Phillip III, Ronan.

Hell, his grandmother Jill hasn't been on in months. And even the few times she has been on in the past year since Chance debuted, Jill hasn't had much interaction with him. Jill has had more scenes with Devon than with Chance.

The one character currently in town who he is related to is his uncle, Billy. Yet, Billy and Chance rarely have any scenes together and when they do, they interact more like passing acquaintances than uncle and nephew.

by Anonymousreply 313November 12, 2020 3:18 AM

With Walton living in Oregon, I don't expect to see much of Jill during the era of COVID. She's 71. Why risk her health flying on an airliner for this stupid show?

by Anonymousreply 314November 12, 2020 3:25 AM

Any idea how they’re writing Theo off? The actor even deleted his Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 315November 12, 2020 12:02 PM

I barely pay attention to this show, but how did Chelsea get out of that room and why is she not with the police?

by Anonymousreply 316November 12, 2020 12:47 PM

R315 He prefers IG. This from yesterday.

(Chrissy's beginning to look like Bill Hayes.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317November 12, 2020 6:06 PM

Allowing his hair to go grey has aged the Michael character by 20 years. He now comes across as a senior citizen and Lauren now looks like his trophy wife.

by Anonymousreply 318November 12, 2020 6:46 PM

At least the top piece is much better than first one he had a few months ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319November 12, 2020 7:09 PM

Christian LeBlanc always had a pretty good coloring job. His hair didn't scream DYE JOB.

Whereas Drake Hogestyn's hair always looked like a it was dyed. Drake apparently didn't use as good a colorist as LeBlanc. Or maybe its just that dyed black hair is so much more obvious than dyed brown hair.

Nonetheless, Drake looks fantastic with his hair gray. I cannot say the same for LeBlanc.

by Anonymousreply 320November 12, 2020 7:20 PM

Yeah, but remember, was it about a year and half ago (?) when Chrissy got a wig that looked absolutely horrible. It looked even worse under the studio lights. and became a topic of discussion on the message boards.

by Anonymousreply 321November 12, 2020 7:35 PM

R320, I think the diff is that with Drake, it's his actual hair and with CLB, it's not.

by Anonymousreply 322November 15, 2020 10:09 PM

They should let Chrissy wear his blue wig. I believe that's his favorite; plus he has a matching skirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323November 16, 2020 1:44 AM

MAGA Chance got the Covid

by Anonymousreply 324November 17, 2020 4:53 PM

Did Scoche get COVID?

by Anonymousreply 325November 17, 2020 5:27 PM

I hope so, R325.

by Anonymousreply 326November 17, 2020 8:01 PM

According to SOD, no one was allowed to attend the funeral due to COVID, with her ashes being divided among the three ex-husbands with whom she was still on good terms.

by Anonymousreply 327November 17, 2020 9:06 PM

Whose ashes?

by Anonymousreply 328November 17, 2020 9:31 PM

Lucky Chrissy getting to munch with Marco.

God, I wish they'd bring Carmine back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329November 20, 2020 10:15 AM

I liked the idea of Carmine seducing Lauren and then messing with a questioning Fenmore much like Josh Lucas did to that kid in The Deep End.

Soaps don't take chances any more.

by Anonymousreply 330November 22, 2020 5:44 AM

R330: That Carmine was one good-looking man.

by Anonymousreply 331November 23, 2020 6:35 AM

R331 I agree, but wouldn't use past tense.

The artist likes to paint in his pink shorts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332November 23, 2020 7:10 PM

He really is sex on a stick.

Who's his girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 333November 23, 2020 8:29 PM

R333 I haven't seen a steady one.

I'd like to know if he swings both ways. He seems to hang with a lot of gay guys.

When he visited Adam Perry in NY last year, one couldn't help imagine what that would look like .. lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334November 23, 2020 9:58 PM

Is Mariah deadweight?

by Anonymousreply 335November 23, 2020 11:42 PM

R335 She's what's called a talk-to.

Talk to Sharon .. talk to Faith .. talk to Rey .. talk to Theo .. talk to Lola .. talk to Snowflake .. talk to JaBottom .. talk to her invisible gal pal.

At this point, she's totally unnecessary, but the character checks a box on the CBS diversity report.

by Anonymousreply 336November 24, 2020 12:17 AM

Why the fuck did they replay a rerun that they had already shown a few months ago?

Is this the main thread?

by Anonymousreply 337November 27, 2020 6:22 PM

R337 yes it’s the main thread. Im baffled why they would play that episode too again. They have a million holiday themed episodes to air.

by Anonymousreply 338November 27, 2020 6:29 PM

R337 My guess would be because they are too cheap and don't want to pay to have a different old and classic episode re-formatted to for current television broadcast standards.

by Anonymousreply 339November 27, 2020 6:29 PM

Why was Traci not at the Abbot Thanksgiving, but Slummer was?

by Anonymousreply 340November 27, 2020 6:41 PM

^ self-defence.

by Anonymousreply 341November 27, 2020 6:44 PM

It would be awesome if Adam sold Chelsea into white slavery.

by Anonymousreply 342November 27, 2020 6:50 PM

R342 nobody wants to buy used goods.

by Anonymousreply 343November 27, 2020 6:55 PM

Someone should just knock on useless Chelsea's door one day and shoot her dead as revenge for some con job she pulled in the past.

Remember that woman from California whom Hilary had on GC Buzz who explained how Chelsea and her one-time grifting partner, Jordan Wilde, would con women out of their savings? She wasn't the only one, it was a regular thing.

by Anonymousreply 344November 27, 2020 8:00 PM

I still baffled as to why MCE was even brought back. Chelsea is the worst. And MCE has zero chemistry with MG.

by Anonymousreply 345November 27, 2020 8:13 PM

R345 That move baffled me as well. But much of what JG does baffles me.

Chelsea is one character who could easily have been jettisoned off-screen, thereby making Adam a single father in need of a hot, live-in manny, who also becomes his massage therapist and confidant.

by Anonymousreply 346November 27, 2020 9:30 PM

Abby’s real-life husband is hot but a rather wooden actor.

by Anonymousreply 347November 30, 2020 7:50 PM

He was pretty terrible as Ben on DOOL too.

by Anonymousreply 348November 30, 2020 8:11 PM

Yeah, Gaston's only saving grace is that he's much easier to look at than dull Boaz.

Regardless of which actor is in the role, after Abby & Chance marry, they should have them go on a honeymoon and just not return.

No one would miss this anemic coupling.

by Anonymousreply 349November 30, 2020 8:29 PM

I love Tricia Cast. She is never stale as Nina and she was so lovely today in the scene where “Chance” asks her to be his “Best Mom.”

by Anonymousreply 350November 30, 2020 10:43 PM

OH DEAR

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351December 1, 2020 4:57 PM

Wow, Abby had one of the most hideous wedding dresses in TV history. Nina looks like the frauiest frau now. And where the hell were Kevin and Chloe? They live in that house.

by Anonymousreply 352December 1, 2020 7:04 PM

[quote] Wow, Abby had one of the most hideous wedding dresses in TV history

The Statue of Liberty called. She wants her dress back.

by Anonymousreply 353December 1, 2020 9:18 PM

So I guess they threw caution to the wind and dispensed with social distancing for the wedding episode?

Everyone was up close and personal.

by Anonymousreply 354December 1, 2020 9:20 PM

Christian admittedly looks amazing for 62, but that picture for a man his age is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 355December 1, 2020 10:09 PM

R355 that sums it up.

I think he'd look better with shorter darker hair; he looks like a gay porno version of the White Haired man in the first season of REVENGE

by Anonymousreply 356December 1, 2020 11:37 PM

Yes, he looks great for his age, albeit there is some photographic light and shadows work going on (not to mention the new hair purchase).

The eye-rolling thing about the pic is the rolled-up T-shirt over the neck. It's like a porn pose for a twunk ca. 1975.

by Anonymousreply 357December 2, 2020 12:42 AM

Funny how Thom Bierdz lives in Southern California, but they write it that "Phillip" has appendicitis, so he can't come from Australia for the wedding... lol!

But you'd think both Christine and Paul would have been there. They're not only Nina's BFFs, plus they've known "Chance" since he was "Little Phillip."

They must not have much of a budget. Having Jill and Nina there must've broke the bank.

by Anonymousreply 358December 2, 2020 3:57 AM

Feeding Beth Maitland broke the bank. Oh, and WTF with Ashley in a black dress at her daughter's wedding? LOL It was bad enough they couldn't even rent Abby a real wedding dress.

by Anonymousreply 359December 2, 2020 1:28 PM

R359: How does the mother of the bride, look better than the bride??

by Anonymousreply 360December 3, 2020 9:27 AM

Of course JaBottom would want to watch "The Awful Truth" featuring Cary Grant.

by Anonymousreply 361December 3, 2020 7:06 PM

Kyle's zig-zagged so much between Lola and Summer and the one he feels the most passion for is Theo.

They should just make him gay and have him come out.

by Anonymousreply 362December 4, 2020 3:37 AM

After seeing shirtless NuChance, Jabottom needs to spend more time in the gym to preserve his "hunk" status.

by Anonymousreply 363December 4, 2020 1:47 PM

NuChance looks more like he would be Philip Chancellor’s son. I like him better than Mr. Texas Smiley.

by Anonymousreply 364December 4, 2020 1:56 PM

Yikes! An ill advised pose Christian.

by Anonymousreply 365December 4, 2020 1:56 PM

R359 Ashley wasn’t wearing black.

by Anonymousreply 366December 4, 2020 6:13 PM

Then what color was it?

by Anonymousreply 367December 4, 2020 6:15 PM

R367 Bergman is wearing black. Eileens dress looks dark gray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368December 4, 2020 6:26 PM

Eileen was wearing slate, dears.

by Anonymousreply 369December 4, 2020 6:27 PM

So true, R364

Young Donnelly, Young Thom, and Justin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370December 4, 2020 6:37 PM

Spot on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371December 4, 2020 8:31 PM

R371, that was absolutely hysterical. Can you provide the link?

by Anonymousreply 372December 4, 2020 8:39 PM

R372 The Twitter handle is @MattHanvey

by Anonymousreply 373December 4, 2020 9:36 PM

Another one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374December 4, 2020 10:22 PM

r374

those are actually funny

by Anonymousreply 375December 4, 2020 10:53 PM

It's kinda odd how they're all wearing a different kind of mask when the cameras aren't rolling.

I guess that means it's "bring your own."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376December 4, 2020 10:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377December 4, 2020 10:56 PM

R374 is hilarious. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 378December 5, 2020 12:22 AM

R374 omg funny. You have to know a lot of YR history to fully grasp, but since I’ve been watching over 30 years it was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 379December 5, 2020 1:48 AM

NuChance looks like a skunk to me. I can't.... I prefer Boaz.

by Anonymousreply 380December 6, 2020 10:14 AM

Boaz was better looking when he was younger, but isn't aging well (imho). The droopy lids and bags under his eyes are getting harder to cover. He's pretty average.

He does have nice hair, though. I wonder if that copper-y sheen he has is natural or compliments of a good colorist? From the neck up, that's about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381December 6, 2020 8:34 PM

I think Boaz definitely looks like he is related to Tricia Cast(especially in that pic in r381)

by Anonymousreply 382December 6, 2020 8:38 PM

Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I like new guy playing Chance much better.

He stepped in seamlessly during the middle of big storyline where his character is at the center. Not all subs can pull that off, but Justin Gaston did. Bravo to him.

I say keep Justin and ax Donny Boaz. I have never warmed to Boaz even after a year.

by Anonymousreply 383December 6, 2020 8:44 PM

Then put Boaz on hiatus for a few more months and bring him back as NuRonan.

PC4 should favor PC2 and PC3.

by Anonymousreply 384December 6, 2020 8:48 PM

R383 No, I don't think you're not in the minority.

Go to other message boards and people are liking Justin quite a bit. I know I am.

And like you, after a year, Boaz has failed to impress, or at least is miscast.

by Anonymousreply 385December 6, 2020 8:53 PM

Justin definitely looks like the Phillips and I like the idea of Boaz being NuRonan but then I would want Nina in GC fulltime(I already do though!)

by Anonymousreply 386December 6, 2020 8:55 PM

R396 Well, that would be part of it. .. But based on her home base, I don't think Tricia Cast wants to be full-time, regular. .. Yet, I could see her returning for a three-month arc to accomplish the transition to Boaz as NuRonan, with her playing referee between her two sons.

I might suggest they play up something between Ronan and his ex-gf, Chloe. .. And when this causes another break-up for Chloe and Kevin, we could have NuPhillip visiting from Oz, who could then *comfort* poor Kevvie, allowing him to explore his bi-side.

Another angle would be to have NuRonan return to Genoa City wih his foster son, "Jamie Vernon." .. Recast NuJamie with a hot blond jock. .. Recall, Jamie should be in the Summer-FenMo generation.

by Anonymousreply 387December 6, 2020 9:26 PM

I heard Jaime Lee Bauer is coming back as Lorie Brooks after Theo is killed. She vows revenge on the Abbotts and will probably fall for Jack.

by Anonymousreply 388December 6, 2020 9:57 PM

Lorie is the one Brooks daughter who isn't actually bio-related to Theo.

by Anonymousreply 389December 6, 2020 10:02 PM

Theo's death would only be interesting, if Genoa City CSI were to find a rather long cum trail leading from his dead body to JaBottom's gym locker over at the Athletic Club -- with a subsequent search resulting in a used jockstrap being taken into evidence for DNA analysis.

by Anonymousreply 390December 6, 2020 10:31 PM

wouldn't it be great to see Nina rip into whoever shot her son?

by Anonymousreply 391December 6, 2020 11:55 PM

Victoria is the shooter.

by Anonymousreply 392December 7, 2020 12:14 AM

I adore Tricia Cast, but damn, she did not look good on this visit. Somehow her hairstyle was not flattering to her and she seems to have put on a little more weight.

by Anonymousreply 393December 7, 2020 12:22 AM

When of the best moments EVER was watching Nina rip into Syphyllis over her affair with Ronan and SLAP the bitch into next week.

Sadly another video removed from youtube. I still have it in my own collection, so might try to make a gif of it sometime.

by Anonymousreply 394December 7, 2020 12:37 AM

they just need to give Cast some material and she'll play the hell out of it.

it's too bad Abby's a nice girl with money; imagine Nina dealing with some tart going after her son?

by Anonymousreply 395December 7, 2020 4:27 AM

Nina mentioned why Phillip wasn't at the wedding, as well as why Ronan didn't make it, but she didn't mention Grandma Flo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396December 7, 2020 9:59 AM

why wasn't Ronan there?

by Anonymousreply 397December 7, 2020 8:58 PM

Nina said Ronan was on the other side of the world and didn't get enough advance notice to get back in time.

by Anonymousreply 398December 7, 2020 9:05 PM

As someone mentioned on the B&B thread, that scene where Lauren was included in the meet-up with Nina came off TOTALLY FORCED. Just plain AWKWARD.

If anyone, it should have been Paul who joined Christine and Nina.

Hilarious to think now how Lauren is somehow Chance's Great Aunt, via Grandma Jill. RME.

by Anonymousreply 399December 7, 2020 9:20 PM

I can’t remember any scenes involving Lauren and Nina when Tricia was on the show during the 80s and 90s. Maybe there were a couple Danny Romalotti related I dunno. Yeah I thought it was silly shoehorning Tracey in that scene when Christine and Nina would’ve been just fine.

by Anonymousreply 400December 7, 2020 10:58 PM

[quote] I can’t remember any scenes involving Lauren and Nina when Tricia was on the show during the 80s and 90s.

It's funny, you mentioned that. Because I associate Lauren, Nina, and Cricket so much with that time period I just assumed they would've shared some major scenes. But, I think you are correct that they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 401December 7, 2020 11:07 PM

One of those classic episodes they showed during quarantine had an episode where Cricket and Lauren were interacting (it was like 1984/85). However, I don’t ever recall Nina and Lauren having had a single conversation.

by Anonymousreply 402December 7, 2020 11:09 PM

When Lauren was married to Scott, she and Cricket were sisters-in-law, but even that relationship was rarely played.

But Nina and Lauren? .. It's like they were both at the Masquerade Ball .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 403December 7, 2020 11:38 PM

Gaston's improving daily. I found him very watchable during today's honeymoon scenes. And that's not just because he was only wearing a pair of boxer briefs.

by Anonymousreply 404December 9, 2020 12:41 AM

God! The bad acting during the Aunt Jack vs. Theo showdown over Dina's will was stupendous. More of this please! Seems like they are setting Chelsea up to croak. yay! Why do so many meetings seem to happen at Crimson Lights? And who is this Sally creature? We already have a troublesome redhead on the show, which is plenty.

by Anonymousreply 405December 9, 2020 12:52 AM

Little Miss Dolly Parton seems a little too obsessed with Evil Adam.

Could Faith's drunk ass have been the shooter who took aim at Adam, clipping Chance instead?

Killer kids on soaps.

by Anonymousreply 406December 9, 2020 1:21 AM

Was Dolly depicted as being flat chested when LDP played her on tv?

by Anonymousreply 407December 9, 2020 3:20 PM

[quote] And like you, after a year, Boaz has failed to impress, or at least is miscast.

And some fans are also not thrilled with his Trumpyness.

by Anonymousreply 408December 9, 2020 3:57 PM

R405 as far as Crimson Lights, the sets have been reduced for budget reasons. And Sally was on Bold and the Beautiful as Sally Spectras great niece. Even though Conley died a long time ago, they’re keeping her alive on a desert island with cabana boys for some inexplicable reason.

by Anonymousreply 409December 9, 2020 4:11 PM

[quote] Even though Conley died a long time ago, they’re keeping her alive on a desert island with cabana boys for some inexplicable reason.

I thought that was a cute idea at first, but at this point, Sally should have been put to rest - especially before Flannery left.

by Anonymousreply 410December 9, 2020 4:16 PM

Darlene Conley would be 86 if she was still living.

by Anonymousreply 411December 9, 2020 10:15 PM

R410 I agree. I liked the idea, at first, now it should be retired.

by Anonymousreply 412December 10, 2020 12:27 AM

real Mamie RIP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413December 10, 2020 8:30 PM

REAL Mamie!

RIP.

by Anonymousreply 414December 10, 2020 9:52 PM

Not unfriendly giant Mamie.

by Anonymousreply 415December 11, 2020 12:07 AM

Has Brendad Ickson commented? They would have worked together around the time she won herBest Villainess award.

by Anonymousreply 416December 11, 2020 12:08 AM

Now that Chance is back in The Chancellor Mausoleum where he belongs, the next step is to get him out of the dull police station. The cop-detective work doesn't fit with the character.

Jill should offer him something related to cyber-security or IT at Chancellor, and slowly increase his responsibilities to include more business-finance.

by Anonymousreply 417December 11, 2020 8:51 PM

Because Y&R is so fascinating when it tells business stories? I know that's why I watch.

by Anonymousreply 418December 11, 2020 8:53 PM

R418 Y&R's business stories WERE fascinating in the 1980s and 90s. I loved the stories about Chancellor, Newman, and Jabot.

by Anonymousreply 419December 12, 2020 1:32 AM

Bill Bell was able to do business stories better than any other daytime soap writer. Too bad subsequent Y&R writers have failed at business plots so badly.

by Anonymousreply 420December 12, 2020 3:06 AM

Is it some sort of lost soap writing art? Because I remember loving the business stories on Y&R, AMC, OLTL, GH, and ATWT. Now when Y&R or GH even tries to do them, they SUCK.

by Anonymousreply 421December 12, 2020 3:27 AM

Well, the Jack Abbott-Victor Newman rivalry and one upping the other was still somewhat fresh in the 80s and 90s. That made the business stories intriguing.

Their rivalry has been stale for about 20 years now and consequently the business stories are dull.

by Anonymousreply 422December 12, 2020 4:00 AM

Well, we now have the riveting storyline of Vic-Snoria taking the Grand Phoenix away from Phyllis. Compelling!!!

by Anonymousreply 423December 12, 2020 4:06 AM

In the 80s, yes, but they were always about human beings cast against the business story, Jabot was as good as a character and Newman Enterprises was basically the lair from which Victor plotted his attacks against Jack Abbott via Jabot. You never knew what Newman did exactly except that whenever they needed it to do anything they just added it on, which was where the credibility of the business angle started to erode. Like all things, the writers got lazy and less talented. Bell understood pacing (some would argue he understood it too well given a night at the Colonnade Room could four three or four months.) His stories were usually pretty tight (unless they weren't... and when they fell apart they were spectacular crashes... either rushed endings that didn't make a lot of sense (Marge 1) or just giving up on stories or characters (Patty Williams went upstairs and was never heard from again for a decade or so - and she wasn't the only one.)

The business stories were all because of Dallas and Dynasty - so was the return of Madame Mergeron, for example. Daytime always copies prime time. Prior to the 80s, people owned nondescript businesses for the purpose of explaining their wealth - Chancellor Industries was once just the factory, Prentiss Industires, Stuart Brooks owned and published the newspaper. But the stories were mostly about lawyers and doctors and writers too and their lives, not their work, as soaps were in the beginning. The trouble was when the story telling trends moved on, Y&R stayed mired in dull and repetitive business stories that weren't very interesting or weren't very new. How many times can Victor take over Jabot? How many times can the Abbotts get it back? Zzzzzzz.....

by Anonymousreply 424December 12, 2020 1:13 PM

ftr, -- I wasn't making a case for business stories per se, just the idea that Chance as a detective-cop isn't how I picture this character. So yes, R424's thought that such stories in the past "were always about human beings cast against the business story" is something I would agree with. ... To me, the other characters that our Chancellor Heir should be mixing it up with are over in the corporate realm, as opposed to the crime solving one, and doing police work with Rey and Kevin and occasionally Paul on the patio of Crimson Lights just isn't how I imagine him. Now, maybe if this were The Edge of Night and the crime stories were actually prominent and outstanding ....

by Anonymousreply 425December 12, 2020 7:55 PM

One thing about Bill Bell and his business stories, is that he had retained his Chicago attorney buddy, Sherman Magidson, to work as a consultant for both criminal court and corporate-civil law stories. Sherman had a production credit on Y&R for years and years. This relationship continued while Alden and Smith were HW. And we know what happened after that.

by Anonymousreply 426December 12, 2020 8:35 PM

a great 'business' story isn't really about business at all but rather feelings and relationships and how they're played out against a backdrop of business.

Jack taking Jabot public, allowing Victor to buy it, upped the rivalry between the two men. Jack was determined to win back the company to please his father was the story. Jack plotting to marry Nikki and use her as a bargaining chip to get Jabot back from Victor -- only to fall in love with her for real -- was the story. The business was the backdrop.

Brooke taking control of Forrester in exchange for the BeLieF patent (perhaps one of the best umbrella stories ever on that show) was the back drop to Brooke asserting herself and gaining not only independence from but dominance over the Forresters. Ridge passed her over for Taylor; Stephanie abused her physically and emotionally for years. Brooke taking Forrester may have been about business but watching her fight back against the Forresters, specifically Stephanie, was the real story.

Going way back here on GH -- but Rick Webber operating on Laura after her car accident (after the assigned surgeon got injured when a nurse accidentally stuck him with a scalpel) wasn't a 'medical story' -- it was a story about reuniting Rick and Lesley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427December 12, 2020 10:16 PM

Is Jeff/Ronan a gay?

I've had two boyfriends who looked just like him, so I think he is a geneti-gay.

by Anonymousreply 428December 12, 2020 10:19 PM

One of the last business stories I really enjoyed on Y&R was when usual adversaries, Jack and Brad, decided to work together to take-over NE while Victor was MIA in New Mexico. .. It had all the major business players involved (Jack, Brad, Ashley, Bitchtoria, Neil, Jill) and centered on the vote of Dianejenkins, whom co-conspirator, Michael LaBaldwin, had recently won a NE board seat for during Diane's contentious divorce from Victor.

by Anonymousreply 429December 12, 2020 10:36 PM

The “Restless Style” storyline was so bad. Remember when Kath Perry stopped by?

by Anonymousreply 430December 12, 2020 11:00 PM

*Katy^^

by Anonymousreply 431December 12, 2020 11:00 PM

R428, sadly, no. Branson has a kid with a woman; not sure if they got married. Would love him to be gay; he's masculine, quiet, talented...sigh...dreamy.

Restless Style was moronic for several reasons. First off, Sharon and Phyllis working side by side and no mention of their conflict over Nick. There's no way Sharon would go out shopping with Nick's new wife or fling.

Plus, they had no experience in magazines. Plus, what was Restless Style? A national magazine? or did it just cover Genoa City? I could never tell.

Well into the run of this storyline, Jack brings in this consultant, a solid character actress who played a magazine editor; and she points out everything that they were doing wrong. The woman was a friend of Stafford's I believe. They should have had someone like her on from the beginning. Jack and Nick had too much business background to go into something blind like that.

Sigh. I recall on ATWT dueling newspapers; we'd see the Argus and Brian had Jillian working with him and the show could afford extras and under 5's. And Lucinda had the City Times, mostly off screen, but I swear Marlow (the editor) was a regular fixture. And the legion of people Lucinda had working for her: Ambrose, Jane (whose last name I swear was 'Get In Here'), Matthews and other butlers. Fenwick...soaps used to be more believable because there was more money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432December 13, 2020 4:16 AM

[quote]Jack and Nick had too much business background to go into something blind like that.

But that's the thing... they kept doing moronic things in the context of these "great business stories."TM.

I used to watch Y&R and Guiding Light. Guiding Light rarely insulted my intelligence. Y&R asked a lot of any viewers with any semblance of a brain.

God, I hope there's not a typo in this post.

by Anonymousreply 433December 13, 2020 12:04 PM

When did Y&R go south for you? For me the early 90s when it drifted away from the Abbotts toward the Sheila era.

by Anonymousreply 434December 13, 2020 12:15 PM

Sexy gay Pete's cheesy gay Christmas movie this evening!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435December 13, 2020 10:26 PM

Along with Brooke taking Forrester using BeLieF as leverage, one of my favorite stories with a business backdrop was Phillip taking Spaulding from Alan.

by Anonymousreply 436December 15, 2020 11:31 PM

Because it wasn't about business at all, but instead Phillip wanting to hurt his father so he could never hurt him or anyone else again.

Amazing that GL didn't do well at the Emmys that year with Aleksander as Lead and Bernau and McKinsey in Suppporting.

by Anonymousreply 437December 15, 2020 11:48 PM

this is the GL storyline; so damn good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438December 16, 2020 12:16 AM

Get your Guiding Light shit out of here, please.

by Anonymousreply 439December 16, 2020 12:32 AM

If Nate's so worried about not being able to perform high-end surgery, then why has he been slumming as a GP in a downtown free clinic? .. As long as he has working middle finger. he can still do digital rectal exams..

LaBaldwin's new white wig looked far less convincing today, especially from the side.

The Chancellor Mausoleum Christmas decorations were nice,. Too bad droopy Boazz is back.

Silly to think that Jill's taking care of Phillip down in Oz, but when Chance is skyping with Grandma, "Dad" doesn't even pop in to say, "G'Day".

Geez - They're actually referring to Abby as "Abby Newman Abbott Chancellor" in the end credits. .. It almost runs off the screen.

So that's it? A dayplayer is the shooter, and Billy is free? Another Josh Griffith Snoozefest.

by Anonymousreply 440December 18, 2020 8:07 PM

They should have made Victoria the shooter. THAT could have been somewhat interesting.

by Anonymousreply 441December 18, 2020 10:50 PM

Did they kill off Theo - or just send him out of town?

by Anonymousreply 442December 19, 2020 12:40 AM

He takes after me so who knows?

Wanna fuck?

by Anonymousreply 443December 19, 2020 12:56 AM

I would have sworn it was Victoria; she kept saying: "I KNOW Billy is innocent....I KNOW he is."

A little one the nose.

by Anonymousreply 444December 19, 2020 1:24 AM

R442 Theo took Jack's offer for ownership of Dina's boutiques in Paris and left town to go run them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445December 19, 2020 2:28 AM

Donny Boaz being back in the role today just emphasized how much better Justin Gaston was playing Chance.

by Anonymousreply 446December 19, 2020 3:14 AM

R445, thanks; how anti-climatic

by Anonymousreply 447December 19, 2020 3:16 AM

Drunk Faith should’ve been the shooter.

by Anonymousreply 448December 19, 2020 12:57 PM

Is Faith still drunk? Or was that just a 2-week story?

And what's up with Sharon's cancer?

by Anonymousreply 449December 19, 2020 2:17 PM

R449 Two months ago, Sharon called her family together to announce that her doctor has told her that her "margins were clear," so there would be no more treatments required, just routine exams to make sure Sharon remains all clear. .. And next week's preview shows Faith's bad influence girlfriend trying to get her to steal a bottle of vodka at Society. So I guess we'll see, if Little Miss Dolly Parton will resist or not.

by Anonymousreply 450December 19, 2020 8:25 PM

Its amazing that you all watch this show at all

My god- Its everything Y&R never was supposed to be.

Bright lighting. Bad writing. Just cheap.

I miss this show. They could have mined the show and decided to go OLD SCHOOL- old musical cues, the moody lighting, elegant sets- It could have been the "retro soap" and I feel it could catch on, if marketed as such.

These threads are depressing.

by Anonymousreply 451December 19, 2020 9:12 PM

[quote] Its amazing that you all watch this show at all

Aren't the majority of viewers simply hate-watching now?

by Anonymousreply 452December 19, 2020 9:36 PM

ohhhh I hope we can look forward to a Faith crime spree hitting Genoa City!!!!

by Anonymousreply 453December 19, 2020 9:37 PM

Clearly. It sounds horrible R452. I have not watched since 2009 or so...

I read this shit and see articles- just from the pictures, the show looks like SHIT- cheap as fuck.....

This show was the last show that had that "consistency"- I read this stuff since JFP, and its so sad.

This show could have stood out and grew viewers by being RETRO and OLD SCHOOL- instead, it devolved into garbage.

I watched as a very young kid from 1988-1994 and then from 1998-2009-

Grew to love the show even more from watching YouTube clips before my time...

Yeah, the dialogue was from a 50's potboiler, and yeah- the acting was wooden. But the show was CLASS. The lighting, the sets, the seriousness of it. It was excellent in its own classy and trite way.

So sad to read this shit.

by Anonymousreply 454December 19, 2020 9:44 PM

R454, you nailed Y&R.

Schemering said it was old-fashioned and played by its own rules; the show was a beach novel ...

I think GH is the best show right now.

by Anonymousreply 455December 20, 2020 5:26 AM

Bill Bell must be spinning in his grave considering how the show has devolved. Everyone connected to it is just on auto pilot now. What was the point of having Billy in jail like two days? Unless they’re going to surprise us with another shooter (Faith or Victoria would’ve been great candidates), I’m so over this show.

by Anonymousreply 456December 20, 2020 1:40 PM

R456. I agree.

For starters, this day player shooter; she's a perfectly fine actress, but she's not soap.

And nobody cares about her. Nobody cares that she shot Chance while trying to shoot Adam.

I don't get all the flack for Billy or this girl. (I can't think of her name.)

Adam ran over Delia and killed; Billy's going to carry that forever. Adam killed this girl's father, yes, defending his mom so THAT was self-defense, but this girl doesn't have to like Adam the rest of her life either.

When you pick the most obvious, least expandable character to be the shooter, you're either boring your audience to tears OR you have a backup plan.

I can't believe Josh has a backup plan.

The show is dull. There is no long term.

If you watch any old soap from the 1980s, say an episode from February, you can see a great head writer laying foundation for what will play out the rest of the year.

35 (!) years and a few days from now ago, Doug Marland's ATWT aired. Lucinda opens her gift from Lily -- a charm that said "Number 1 Mom" and Lucinda got teary-eyed; The audience didn't know what Hubbard was playing -- Lily was adopted and she had another mother out there.

We learned who that mother was around Easter.

Also in that episode, Kim received another anonymous gift from her stalker; Craig and Sierra were happy and engaged, but the threat of John Dixon telling Sierra Lucinda was her mom was hovering.

These and other stories were played out over the coming months; the show was multigenerational. Nancy had plans to model for Oleg Cassini! There were secrets, there was humor, ad-libs, plotting, pacing and Christmas Carols!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457December 20, 2020 6:46 PM

R455 I agree about GH. Sometimes I hate the mob focus but at least there are stories with beginnings, middles, and endings. And, they have some respect for history, like how a major story right now is involving people not seen on screen since the 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 458December 21, 2020 1:38 AM

Rumor has it it's the SAME freaking actress playing Florence Grey (or is it Gray?)

unbelievable if that's true.

but Y&R can't go out and find Signy Coleman to get Hope.

And GL just had to have Brian Gaskill take over as Dylan

EESH

by Anonymousreply 459December 21, 2020 3:48 AM

R459 I wondered about the actress, so far she's been uncredited but it would be awesome if true. The actress Anne Collings is the widow of actor/director Lawrence Dobkin the man who said the famous line "There are eight million stories in the naked city, and this has been one of them," before the closing credits of The Naked City tv show.

by Anonymousreply 460December 21, 2020 4:36 AM

I so wish Denise Alexander would make an appearance; she popped up last year in the Gail tribute episode.

Leslie Charleson said she signed off on Lesley Webber calling Monica a slut even tho the script had the word 'harlot' or something else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461December 21, 2020 5:16 AM

In the Gail tribute episode, that is.

by Anonymousreply 462December 21, 2020 5:17 AM

[quote] but Y&R can't go out and find Signy Coleman to get Hope.

Why would they do that? Hope died well over a decade ago.

And if you're referring to those snippets of manufactured flashbacks of the character they aired earlier this year, there's no way Signy Colemen could pull off looking like a fresh-faced 30ish farm mom to a Young Victor Junior. That freaky cosmetic surgery Coleman had done simply highlights that she's trying to look younger than she is, and would be so NOT Hope. .. I'm sure it would detract from any scene she was in, and become the topic of conversation -- not unlike when they brought back Roberta Leighton (Casey Reed) and those big ol' lips of she had.

by Anonymousreply 463December 21, 2020 6:46 AM

R463, I used Coleman and Gaskill of examples of times in the past when shows would casually replace a familiar face with someone else. I forgot Hope was on in flashbacks recently. I meant the time Beth Toussaint stepped in.

One thing I give Maria Bell credit for was when she had Kay's (actually, Marge's) funeral in 2008 she invited back a whole slew of folks including Marla Adams, Julianna McCarthy, Tricia Cast. Beau Kayser (Sp?); conversely, when John Abbott died a few years prior, no Mamie (she was on a cruise!) and no Dina (in Europe!) though Jack's treatment of Gloria was compelling and cruel.

You don't NEED to have familiar faces from the past, but it sure helps. Soaps are about towns and communities that we're supposed to believe actually exist.

About 5 years ago, maybe more, on GH, Monica came home and mentioned to someone she'd been playing bridge with Audrey, Lesley, and Gail; of course, we didn't see those three women, but it was nice to know they were out there, living in PC, playing cards, chatting about Steve, Rick (hopefully), Lee and Alan.

by Anonymousreply 464December 21, 2020 7:09 AM

R464 As I recall, Coleman started taping that brief 2006 stint, but had to exit due to an emergency. So in that respect, it's not like Y&R was "casually replacing" Coleman; instead, Toussaint was brought in more like a pinch-hitter.

by Anonymousreply 465December 21, 2020 9:51 AM

that rings a bell (no pun intended) but in general, new showrunners don't care about what came before them.

Hope never should have been killed off.

She humanized Adam; though Adam bares no resemblance to the character Chris Engen played of the one Michael Muhney played or the one Justin Hartley played.

Another one on Y&R a while back was the character of April; Cynthia Elibacher? (maybe they couldnt' spell her last name; I can't) wasn't around so the show got Rebecca Staub. I think Latham had her on PC as Alison's mom.

the worst example of a producer bringing on a pal from another show right now is Jason Thompson; either Pratt or Jill brought him over; I adored him as loving dad Patrick on GH, but he has no focus on Y&R; they write Billy as a fuck up and Thompson doesn't play that for me.

by Anonymousreply 466December 22, 2020 6:29 AM

R466 I think Thompson does his best with the weak material they give him. He even managed to wrangle an Emmy out of it this year. I’ve gotten used to him in the role. I really don’t know what the 021 plans are for this show. There is absolutely nothing compelling or interesting about it now. Sharon getting married for the 213th time and Sally Spectras devious side isn’t going to keep people watching.

by Anonymousreply 467December 22, 2020 6:37 AM

It's taken a long time, but I've gotten used to Thompson in the role as well, R467, and one of the few things I like right now is the chemistry between him and Christel Khalil (Lily). .. And at least when Thompson was brought on, it was to play an existing, core family character.

The two examples I'd offer up where EP's hired pals are LML creating "Cane Ashby" for Daniel Goddard, and JFP creating "Dylan McAvoy" for Steve Burton. In both cases, horrible retcons were manufactured to connect them to veterans. .. It took 13 long years to get rid of Goddard. At least Burton exited when his benefactor did. .. JFP and Griffith also "gifted us" with Hunter King, Melissa Ordway, and Robert Adamson from their "Hollywood Heights" telenovela, which was their previous project right before coming to Y&R. It seems like we're stuck with the first two.

by Anonymousreply 468December 22, 2020 7:11 AM

I prefer Thompson in the role. He's handsome. Billy Miller turned the part into a significant character, I give him that, and his work on the Delia death was terrific, but most of the time the mugging and grimacing and general twitching rivalled Michelle Stafford for most annoying stage presence.

Agree about producer pals... usually useless.

by Anonymousreply 469December 22, 2020 12:09 PM

What the fuckity fuck did they have Sally wearing yesterday? After a grueling day at Fenmore's was she heading to The Cheetah for her night job?

by Anonymousreply 470December 22, 2020 2:02 PM

I like Jason Thompson a lot more than Billy Miller. Jason looks very much as if he could be related to Jess Walton. And it's possible to take him as something other than a clown. Billy Miller's Billy always reminded me of the DLers who post "fart" and "shit" threads. I took him as seriously as I take them.

by Anonymousreply 471December 22, 2020 2:52 PM

One thing the Thompson recast conjures up for me is that Billy is set apart from his blonde siblings, who must've gotten their fair locks from Dina. .. Whereas Billy favors the dark-haired John -- especially if you now imagine Daddy in his Hot Young John days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472December 22, 2020 7:35 PM

I prefer Kim Zimmer as NuTraci.

by Anonymousreply 473December 22, 2020 9:43 PM

Zimmer IN as NuJoann Curtis.

They'll be doing a May-December romance with Mariah & Joann.

#joariah

by Anonymousreply 474December 22, 2020 9:53 PM

Bring back Dena Higley!

by Anonymousreply 475December 23, 2020 1:46 AM

Bring back Dina Whatsmyname?

by Anonymousreply 476December 23, 2020 1:51 AM

R475 is Sony's Steve Kent who doesn't know which soap he's not actually watching.

by Anonymousreply 477December 23, 2020 2:20 AM

The soap press seems hell bent on William Devry to be brought on Y&R as a recast Matt Miller, Victor's Brother, now that he's been let go from GH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478December 23, 2020 3:06 AM

R478 Fifty-two year old DeVry is far too young to be Matt.

The story we heard a million times is that 7-year old Christian was sent to the orphanage, because Poor Cora couldn't take care of both him and her new baby, Matt; so The Miller Brothers are supposed to be about 7 years apart.

Braeden looks his 79-years now. Bobby Parucha is 65. When Parucha was cast, their 14-year age difference was a stretch, but they were still trying to make Victor seem younger than EB actually was.

With DeVry that age difference would be 27 years. That would not only look ridiculous, but make the back story farcical.

by Anonymousreply 479December 23, 2020 3:28 AM

R479 When has such things bothered them. I'm 37 and can remember Nick being born in 1988, but now he is around ten years older than me.

by Anonymousreply 480December 23, 2020 4:00 AM

Well, speaking of Nick, it would be a pretty hard sell for DeVry to be Matt when he looks just a few years older than both Victoria and Nick.

by Anonymousreply 481December 23, 2020 7:17 AM

WDV played 44 year old Kelly Monaco’s father on GH. They looked absolutely ridiculous. I don’t think age matters.

by Anonymousreply 482December 23, 2020 2:02 PM

[quote] The soap press seems hell bent on William Devry to be brought on Y&R as a recast Matt Miller ...

You mean one blogger over at soaps.sheknows who has a hard-on for DeVry.

by Anonymousreply 483December 23, 2020 7:42 PM

Did Slummer reveal to Phyllis that her special gift to Jabottom was a vibrating dildo?

by Anonymousreply 484December 23, 2020 10:08 PM

JaBottom already has so many in his vast collection. Is there something special about the one she got him?

Otherwise, she should have splurged a bit and bought him that fuck machine he's been eyeing.

by Anonymousreply 485December 24, 2020 12:22 AM

R478, please don't lump the rest of us in with the gang from soaps dot we don't know...ITA deVry is way too young to play Matt Miller; if they're going to bring him back, then make it Robert Parucha, who'd be age appropriate to share screen time with Nikki and Ashley.

I can see Ron Carlivati coming up with a part for WDV. it'd piss Frank off; WDV must have done something bad to make sure that Julian was dead let's show the body dead.

by Anonymousreply 486December 26, 2020 2:58 AM

r486

I think he would be a good Mike Horton

by Anonymousreply 487December 26, 2020 12:24 PM

He would be a great Mike Horton, a character they should bring back.

I loved Roark Critchlow back in the day - he was sexy.

by Anonymousreply 488December 26, 2020 2:33 PM

R487 That's a much better idea. .. Then, they could bring back Will with a NuSonny, and "Uncle Mike" could provide comfort to his nephew's husband when Will screws up again. Hot Daddy action

by Anonymousreply 489December 26, 2020 7:06 PM

I can't get past Grossman looking about 15 years younger than Hartley in the part.

They should have never brought Adam back and for story add in that Victor has another lost child; didn't Julia leave town presumably pregnant with Victor's daughter?

This is the problem with rotating regimes and returning regimes; Mal -- or was it Chuck? -- blew up Adam to get Hartley off the show; okay, he'd already had plastic surgery once when Hartley took over the part; did Adam get it again?

And now Josh is back and can't let go of the whole Delia thing. Of course, it'll never go away but the last regime or two (whoever) resolved it and it was time to move FORWARD (you never move 'on.')

by Anonymousreply 490December 28, 2020 3:35 PM

If I were writing the show, I would have retconned Delia as a burgeoning child-murderer a la Rhoda Penmark.

by Anonymousreply 491December 28, 2020 4:54 PM

R491 They could still do that with Little Miss Dolly Parton. I really thought they might make a lit Faith the shooter, with her aiming for Adam, but hitting Chance instead.

by Anonymousreply 492December 28, 2020 9:01 PM

R492, instead we got the most predictable, most boring shooter on the canvas.

Doug Cummings, this wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 493December 28, 2020 9:14 PM

Back in 2005, GH tried to make young Michael Corenthos, then about 8 years old, into a killer. Audience reaction was negative and Michael was the (adopted) scion of the show's resident hero/mobster. So, they quickly undid that storyline and made it the child psychiatrist who was the killer

by Anonymousreply 494December 28, 2020 9:14 PM

[quote]Doug Cummings, this wasn't.

Well, it's Josh Griffith who's HW.

Doug Marland, he isn't.

by Anonymousreply 495December 28, 2020 9:16 PM

Y&R made Ben's kid, Max, a little demon. .. As I recall, viewers were calling him "Damien" from The Omen.

He set up fishing line on the stairs, causing Abby to trip and fall down them and lose her baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496December 28, 2020 10:17 PM

R490

[quote] didn't Julia leave town presumably pregnant with Victor's daughter?

No. Julia had her baby girl, "Jaime," in Genoa City. She'd been cagey about who the father was, but it was eventually revealed to be "Eric Garrison" - a result of his and Julia's one-night stand. She didn't need Eric to step-up and be a dad, though, as she'd already been on mission to find a surrogate to father a baby for her, so it basically worked out for her by happenstance.

btw - You might be thinking of the time Ashley went on a business trip to Paris and while there discovered she was preggers from her affair with Victor. I believe Julia was there.

[quote] okay, he'd already had plastic surgery once when Hartley took over the part; did Adam get it again?

No. In the subsequent explosion, they only said Adam had lost his memory, not his face. So when Grossman was cast, they simply handled it as a new actor taking over from the previous one with everyone knowing him. When Victor found his son in Vegas, he recognized him as Adam. Same with Sharon when she went to go see him. Adam had amnesia and was going by the name "Spider."

by Anonymousreply 497December 28, 2020 11:40 PM

Papi Rey looks extremely fuckable here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498December 31, 2020 9:00 PM

Why hasn't Noah at his mother's umpteenth wedding? I thought spoilers putting Noah with Lola - which could work.

by Anonymousreply 499December 31, 2020 10:24 PM

Jordi dished on the wedding

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500December 31, 2020 10:26 PM

When Sharon screws up, NuNoah should be home visiting, so that he can *comfort* his new step-daddy.

by Anonymousreply 501December 31, 2020 10:28 PM

R497, thanks for the history lesson (truly); I'm great with certain eras of Y&R not so much others including that one; could history be tweaked and Julia's kid could be Victor's?

Grossman's fine -- for a 22 year old -- but Adam's history is too convoluted at this point. He's agonizing over killing someone when he was 11 in self defense of his mother, but his murder of Richard HIghtower as an adult so he could fake his death is okay?

They needed to cut their losses; leave Adam dead and buried after he blew up (though I guess his being alive saved Chloe).

Better to bring on a new character; or Julia's kid; or SOMETHING.

LORD this show is boring.

by Anonymousreply 502January 1, 2021 4:32 AM

R502 I don't believe there's any way to make Julia's kid Victors without retcon. .. The story we saw for Julia was that she'd become this independent woman who was actively pursuing to have a baby on her own at that particular time in her life. IOW, she had it in her head to become a single mom to begin with, so this tied in to why she didn't want to become involved with or need to be dependent on Eric simply because he happened to have gotten her pregnant during their one hook-up. (As I recall, he, at least, was drunk.) And seriously, we don't need any more middle-aged Newman spawn around .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 503January 1, 2021 5:35 AM

r502, if Mark Grossman were to leave, there would literally be no reason to watch this shitshow. In the opening credits, that smile...

Now, if Chelsea doesn't make it out of the hospital, I would not feel like crying.

by Anonymousreply 504January 1, 2021 12:13 PM

I am watching the soaps and Y&R and B&B have not addressed COVID? Did GH?

by Anonymousreply 505January 1, 2021 2:06 PM

R505 I don't watch GH, but Hot Daddy Valentini told Soap Opera Digest that GH would NOT be addressing COVID in their storylines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506January 1, 2021 6:56 PM

Wow the soaps blowing a chance to not only be helpful, but play off the drama of a pandemic. I think people need reality. Of course we aren't going to hear Nikki Newman talk admiringly of Melania, but they couldn't wear a mask when they visit people?

by Anonymousreply 507January 1, 2021 7:15 PM

R507 One of the issues in playing COVID is that the soaps are necessarily scripted months in advance, yet how the pandemic looked three-four months ago may not be relevant to what's going on today. A perfect example of this is on a British soap like EastEnders. They kinda-sorta made an effort to write COVID into the scripts post-hiatus. And when the show first came back, what they were portraying on-screen was fairly relevant, but as things continued and the situation eased up in real life for awhile so did what EE scripted. But now we see the UK in a horrible state again, yet EE's current episodes aren't depicting any of it, because these episodes were written/produced ahead of this second huge spike. In fact, the Christmas and New Year's episodes that just aired could almost be looked upon as a disservice, as they showed characters out in the pub and streets, singing, dancing, no masks, no sign that London is actually living under Tier 4 rules.

by Anonymousreply 508January 1, 2021 8:31 PM

Having to live with the daily realities of COVID and also hear reports about it nonstop on the news, it's nice to escape COVID for a little while each day with visits to Port Charles and Genoa City and Salem.

Shows made the right decision not to incorporate COVID. Give us our escape from the horror we're living through right now.

by Anonymousreply 509January 1, 2021 8:45 PM

I'm torn especially about GH. One would imagine a show named GENERAL HOSPITAL to address the biggest medical issue to affect the country in many years, maybe ever. I, also, do not understand why they must be written so far in advance. One thing I liked about Sunset Beach was that they would record some scenes nearer the day of airing to include current events.

by Anonymousreply 510January 2, 2021 3:05 AM

GH would just have Sonny and Jason find the vaccine for all of Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 511January 2, 2021 1:43 PM

I loved it when Tracy urged Edward to take the vaccine during it's pandemic about 8 years ago; I think it was Ron and Frank's first big story.

This was John Ingle's last appearance; Edward went out a hero. He insisted that Emma take the dosage. Tracy said: "I tried to trick Daddy into taking it, but he was one step ahead of me, as usual."

Brilliant callback to the famous episode where Edward tricked Tracy into thinking he was having a heart attack; she wouldn't give him the pills till he ripped up the will cutting her out. Great stuff.

I felt GH was in good hands after seeing that scene.

by Anonymousreply 512January 3, 2021 12:40 AM

[quote] I felt GH was in good hands after seeing that scene.

Sadly, I haven't felt that way about Y&R in a very LONG time.

by Anonymousreply 513January 3, 2021 3:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!