Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nurse Ratched !

halfway thru the first episode.

Good!

the hot finn wittrock!

hope judy davis has a big part, she is awesome!!!!

by Anonymousreply 38September 20, 2020 4:06 AM

The Hitchockian music is fun...looks to be a winner.

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2020 11:01 AM

Knowing this is a Ryan Murphy show starring one of his staple players makes me think this is doomed to be a disappointment.

Setting aside that prejudice...Metacritic suggests this is doomed to be a disappointment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2020 11:10 AM

This Variety review could equally well summarize almost every season of American Horror Story: "Ultimately, Ratched fails to deliver not just because it doesn't have a handle on its lead and can’t locate its horror, but because it has limited vision and poor follow-through. The elements of this story are so inelegantly mashed together that they may as well have come out of a blender."

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2020 11:14 AM

Alas its merely high camp, was hoping for a bit of ..... dramatic horror

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2020 11:25 AM

It’s weird he hasn’t tried to do something different with this. Camp is fine but get good writers! It’s a fine idea and we know he can attract incredible talent. Get someone else to write please. Either way I will watch. Judy Davis and Sharon Stone? I will sit through the lot.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2020 11:37 AM

Judy should have played Ratched, she delivers the goods...

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2020 11:51 AM

R5 That’s the whole Ryan Murphy MO: Great premise, maddeningly poor execution involving the same pet actors acting out an incoherent script peppered with RuPaul’s Drag Race-level camp one-liners. (That’s not a compliment, but at least on Drag Race the writing is self-consciously bad.)

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2020 12:10 PM

Ugh Sharon Stone, with her most recently altered face... i find her smug.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2020 12:17 PM

The reviews have roasted the fuck out of Ratched so far

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2020 12:24 PM

Nice fat cock they show on Finn.

Yea!

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2020 12:39 PM

Finn gets naked?

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2020 12:47 PM

third episode, midway thru, a nurse blows him and has brief shot of his loong dick, a fake one prob....but looks hot

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2020 12:51 PM

Judy Davis is a real life Nurse Ratched.

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2020 12:54 PM

Ryan’s shows always get panned, but I always enjoy them.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2020 12:55 PM

Coming soon, "Nurse Ratchet."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2020 12:56 PM

Yea, Judy steals the show..

Finn is great fun also.

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2020 1:01 PM

Cynthia NIxon is alwys good. She acts up a storm and makes me smile.

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2020 1:36 PM

Holy shit, episode 4 is a rip snorter . Where can it go from here?

Im loving this mess.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2020 1:50 PM

Not sure I'll bother with this. I finally got around to watching a few episodes of Hollywood after avoiding it for weeks, and it's actually worse than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2020 2:08 PM

Hitchock with a dash of John Waters.

Its not bad.

The music is Psycho with a twist of Marnie .. melodic.

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2020 2:25 PM

Bernard Hermann did the scores for those awesome vintage movies, They seem to be used here to great effect.

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2020 3:22 PM

Great fun, has so many kool stars in it...that cute kid from boys in band, the play.

by Anonymousreply 22September 19, 2020 5:03 AM

Is it typical ryan murphy???

by Anonymousreply 23September 19, 2020 7:30 AM

Im grateful for an eyeful of Finn's chest and the brief cock shot....thank you mr murphy.

bummer not more of charlie carver , huck, his tits and ass are legendary.

by Anonymousreply 24September 19, 2020 8:27 AM

This is so horrible. She has none of the emptiness that the OG Ratched had.

by Anonymousreply 25September 19, 2020 8:33 AM

R24 fake cock

by Anonymousreply 26September 19, 2020 8:46 AM

yea, but still HOT

by Anonymousreply 27September 19, 2020 8:53 AM

To me, fake is never hot.

by Anonymousreply 28September 19, 2020 8:58 AM

Delightful ending. sequel !!

by Anonymousreply 29September 19, 2020 10:18 AM

What next has Mr Murphy got planned to do?

by Anonymousreply 30September 19, 2020 1:32 PM

Ide rather suck matt damon's tits rather than Mildred Ratcheds...

by Anonymousreply 31September 19, 2020 3:04 PM

First thing I notice, the book/movie take place in Oregon but this was turned into a California story.

by Anonymousreply 32September 19, 2020 4:35 PM

I'm enjoying it more than expected so far. Hollywood had its moments and the last few seasons of American Horror Story have been pretty lousy, but this one is pretty entertaining.

Is it just me or has Finn's ass gotten even better than it was back during Freakshow?

by Anonymousreply 33September 19, 2020 6:31 PM

Are all his shows like this? All fancy sets/clothes with no actual substance?

by Anonymousreply 34September 19, 2020 6:38 PM

[quote]Are all his shows like this? All fancy sets/clothes with no actual substance?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 35September 19, 2020 6:48 PM

But how orange are the orange filters this time?

by Anonymousreply 36September 19, 2020 7:16 PM

So Sophie Okonedo has turned up. I'm guessing the director told her to pitch the character "like Fiona Shaw in the Black Dahlia, but without the subtlety".

The scene of Cynthia Nixon suggestively eating oysters reminded me of Charlotte's dates with Mr Pussy in Sex And The City. The lines around her lips are very noticeable. Does she smoke?

Brandon Flynn looks very attractive despite the lack of limbs. I can see what Richard Madden saw in him.

Sharon Stone looks incredible and is clearly enjoying the role, although I'm wondering if it was written for Jessica Lange.

Judy Davis is clearly having a lot of fun and as for Paulson, this is nothing she hasn't done a dozen times already.

It looks beautiful, the set and costume design are sublime and the cinematography is great, but it's ultimately very hollow.

by Anonymousreply 37September 19, 2020 7:50 PM

Finn looks hotter than i remember....he is the star of the thing to me.

by Anonymousreply 38September 20, 2020 4:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!