Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

U.S. Concentration Camp Sent Undocumented Women to Be Sterilized, According to Whistleblower

Why have the terms “Nazi Germany” and “Mengele” become trending topics on Twitter? The words dominated the social media platform on Monday after it was revealed that a whistleblower has alleged “high numbers” of immigrant women at a U.S. concentration camp in Georgia were sent to be given unnecessary hysterectomies. Many of the women reportedly didn’t know why they were being sent to have the surgery and were all sent to the same doctor, according to the complaint, with one woman describing the facility as an “experimental concentration camp.”

Twitter users made several analogies to various Nazi atrocities on Monday, like the sadistic medical experiments performed on Jews by Josef Mengele during the Holocaust in the 1930s and ‘40s. And while U.S. concentration camps aren’t currently operating as anything close to the European death camps of the Holocaust, there’s still reasonable concern about what the fuck is happening in the U.S. right now under the Trump regime.

The whistleblower, a nurse named Dawn Wooten, worked full time at a concentration camp run by Immigration and Customs Enforcement called the Irwin County Detention Center, until her work hours were cut in July, a result of alleged retaliation for speaking up internally about health and sanitary conditions in the prison. The facility is technically owned by a private company called LaSalle Corrections, much like several other ICE and CBP concentration camps across the U.S. that currently house tens of thousands of detainees under a for-profit model.

The complaint, which was submitted to the Office of the Inspector General at the Department of Homeland Security on September 14 by several human rights advocacy organizations like Project South, provides a disturbing peek behind the curtain of a highly secretive system. The American public has read about the psychological torture of children, the denial of basic necessities like soap and toothpaste, and the deaths of at least six immigrant children in U.S. custody since President Trump took power. But it’s apparently even worse than we previously imagined.

The conditions in the Georgia facility are abysmal, according to the complaint, citing several prisoners and unnamed medical staff. Detainees explained that the food provided was sometimes spoiled and that meals would even have ants and cockroaches.

“This is the dirtiest facility I have ever been in: everything is dirty; one shower for more than fifty people; one bathroom for all of us; I don’t even know how to give more details because it is all nasty, really nasty; only God is taking care of us here,” one immigrant told human rights workers, according to the complaint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2020 2:00 AM

Yeah, we know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2020 1:32 AM

Dr. "Uterus Collector" Mengele needs to be swiftly dealt with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2020 1:36 AM

R1 Please do fuck off. Do not link to a thread full of deplorables and racists calling it fake news. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2020 1:37 AM

OP is a thirsty copy cat.

No original ideas so he steals from others.

Nice.

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2020 1:38 AM

R4. I know this isn't the first time someone has commented on your sociopathic tendencies, but here are my two cents just the same. That you make such a flippant comment and care more about a duplicate thread being posted here than the ongoing concentration camp performing medical experiments on migrants says a mouthful. To you, these destitute people fleeing poverty and violence are just another topic to be neatly organized with no intrinsic value--- but 800 threads started about Meghan Markle or a forgotten 40's film star can be countenanced by you.

You then stamp your feet and demand that I participate in a separate thread with 16 replies, most of which are comments made by essentially Holocaust deniers.

Please crawl back up in to your mother's fetid, dried up old cunt because you're of no use to anyone out here in the real world. I'll start as many goddamn threads about this topic as I want and each time you engage I'll start another.

Stay on topic or leave.

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2020 1:47 AM

Trump has just potentially pissed off Israel with his vote repub or else comment aimed at the American Jewish voters. I know someone who has family be in Israel. They are pissed!!!!!!!! after hearing about the forced sterilisation as in its being talked about everywhere in Israel. I can guarantee that the two things have dented his Jewish voting numbers.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2020 2:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!