Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Senatrice just can't get ahead of Jaime Harrison in the polls

Not good for an incumbent of Miss Lindsey's seniority in one of the reddest of red states. She's been there too long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 4, 2020 12:14 AM

The gay rumors worked.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 9:07 PM

Eh, R1, everybody in South Carolina know Lindsey is gay, and have known for at least 15 years. The white Carolinians voted for him anyway because he did at least the bare minimum for the state.

But ever since he's maneuvered his entire body ALL the way up in Donald Trump's colon, he's done shit for South Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 9:30 PM

NO, the yokels in South Carolina are stupid hypocrites with no gaydar.

Maybe a few of them are catching on in the last couple of years because of Graham's "to the extent that it matters, I'm not gay" baloney.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 9:37 PM

A big part of the problem is Miss Lindsey's newfound willingness to accept Russian bribes and about-face on all his anti-Russian policies and warmongering for the past 20 years.

Treason ain't a good color for this Southern Belle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 9:39 PM

But Trumptards can rest assured that the Russian will help Lady G win again.

Tragically, the US has completed its process of becoming Russia's newest vassal state!!! RIP!!!

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 9:45 PM

Please pitch in if you can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 9:48 PM

It's time for Miss Lindsay to show hole.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 9:54 PM

r5 = Russian Penthouse Fap Fiction

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 9:55 PM

Miss Lindsey shows a GAPING hole in her credibility.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2020 9:56 PM

At least the Senatrix will always have her ladybugs.

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2020 10:02 PM

Her hole has not been unseen.

Kompromat exists. Also, her obsession and infactuation for Trump are genuine. Trump knows it and gives her a little at golf outings, perhaps in WH at times, to keep her completely under his control.

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2020 10:11 PM

Two words: Term Limit

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2020 10:16 PM

I posted this on the other, generic, senate thread before I knew this one existed:

I imagine the Senatrice wouldn't mind being nine inches in front of Harrison, then zero inches, then nine inches, then zero inches, then...

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2020 10:19 PM

R8 = fattard Svetlana terrified of getting caught while eating Double Grand Big Mac.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2020 10:24 PM

This would be pretty epic if he is defeated. What will become of him? I don't think Fox News would have him. He may try to do the speaker circuit but I doubt he would have many interested.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2020 10:27 PM

He would become an overpaid lobbyist, of course.

The military industrial complex loves him.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2020 11:15 PM

You know, if it's currently a dead heat, that she will certainly win-no matter what it takes. And spare me all the "but this looks really bad for repubs because it's so close" optics. The winner takes it all.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2020 11:32 PM

In SC. LG is about $$$$$, craving attention, latching onto an even older man for.whenever satisfies his emotional and political security needs.

SC has horrible roads, deteriorating instrastructure, a very low ranking in public education, poor rural health care, a scandalous legislature, inadequately run state agencies, and zero concern about protecting wetlands, forests, rivers, streams, ocean shorelines, etc. They'll pave the whole state, but can't resurface the roads. LG has done nothing in addressing any of it on the federal level. LG, the last few years, has spent more time on Sean Hannity than in SC to help understand and fix any single problem. He'll probably get re-elected. He has a lot of special interests and big GOP donors behind him. And as another said, SC is a bright red state. It'll take Democrats to muster a 5%+ gain their way to see substantive political change.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2020 11:49 PM

We understand you need to lie to yourself to carry on, @ r17.

But Republicans are losing the Senate and they can’t build anything. They can’t hold government for more than 4 years or so because they’re just anti-government deadbeats whereas people have needs.

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2020 1:52 AM

Not that I want him back in the Senate, but the irony is that a newly re-elected Graham, not having to worry about being primaried for another 6 years, might not be such a bad match for his good friend Biden in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2020 2:13 AM

I hope he wins. The homophobic tactics the left have deployed are fucking terrible.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2020 2:16 AM

[quote]NO, the yokels in South Carolina are stupid hypocrites with no gaydar.

Southerners aren't stupid, they can tell when someone is gay just as well as anyone else. They don't care, SO LONG AS the gay person in question stays quiet about it and never ever mentions it publicly. All they care about is appearances.

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2020 2:48 AM

I hope to god he loses. How fucking fantastic to get this worthless piece of shit out of office. Pray in whatever version you call praying.

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2020 2:50 AM

What did I lie about, R19? You're so sure they're gonna lose? Talk about lying to yourself. My point was, they don't care "how it looks" if they win by only 3 votes-they'll act like it was a mandate straight from God.

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2020 3:07 AM

fuckign closet queen

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2020 3:11 AM

Whatever happened to the whores who were coming after Graham with receipts a few months ago?

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2020 3:18 AM

Bullshit, r22.

Graham was first elected when nobody was out and nobody was allowed to be gay.

Those homophobic rednecks in SC had no idea. Now that blue-staters and national comedians are telling them he’s gay, some of them are holding it against him.

by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2020 3:22 AM

I had to look up who held this senate seat prior to Miss Lindsey. Strom Fucking Thurmond.

When is the animated corpse Chuck Grassley up for reelection?

by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2020 3:27 AM

[quote]Graham was first elected when nobody was out and nobody was allowed to be gay.

Oh please, they've always known perfectly well that he's gay. Do you honestly think they didn't know what gay people were until 20 years ago? You don't know how they operate in the South. Traditional Southerners are two-faced - they have a public life and a private life. So long as you act like the strictest Christian in public and never mention distasteful subjects like Homosexuality, you're accepted, and you can do whatever you want in private. That's why they all seem like such hypocrites when the truth comes out. (I can bet you that half of Lynchburg knew exactly what Jerry Falwell Jr was up to.)

Southern men all marry young, and if you don't, everyone else assumes you're gay (or worse) and there's intense pressure on you never to mention it or acknowledge it. But Southerners love to gossip. They all know he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2020 3:47 AM

r27, I beg to differ with you, I too lived in GA for about five years (Athens, natch). r22 knows of what he speaks.

Another example.....my MIL lives in McKinney, TX, she’s Evangelical, nice as pie all-American mom who is also a two-faced hypocrite sack of shit, of course. When I would visit she’d bring us to church. We attended a fancy dinner party held by an elderly gay couple who used to own a high-end catering business, it was one of the best menus I’ve ever had at a party, they lived in a fem mansion. This couple was part of her church!!!

I asked my MIL and others if people knew they were gay, and my MIL says, “well honey, we know that they are celibate, so it’s alright”. I shit you not. What’s funnier, her actually believing they’re celibate, or the fact that this gay couple is active in a fundie church??? It was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen, but it underscores r22’s thesis.

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2020 3:58 AM

r27, I beg to differ with you, I too lived in GA for about five years (Athens, natch). r22 knows of what he speaks.

Another example.....my MIL lives in McKinney, TX, she’s Evangelical, nice as pie all-American mom who is also a two-faced hypocrite sack of shit, of course. When I would visit she’d bring us to church. We attended a fancy dinner party held by an elderly gay couple who used to own a high-end catering business, it was one of the best menus I’ve ever had at a party, they lived in a fem mansion. This couple was part of her church!!!

I asked my MIL and others if people knew they were gay, and my MIL says, “well honey, we know that they are celibate, so it’s alright”. I shit you not. What’s funnier, her actually believing they’re celibate, or the fact that this gay couple is active in a fundie church??? It was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen, but it underscores r22’s thesis.

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2020 3:58 AM

I live in South carolina. Everybody knows that Lindsay is gay. Everybody.

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2020 4:12 AM

No, r29.

Southerners see gay men as abominations and the enemy of everything that's right and normal.

No way would they elect an openly, proudly gay man at the state-wide level, even if they knew he was closeted.

I know Southerners perfectly well. They're bigots and simpletons. They think military service automatically means a man can't be gay. They also fall for the old closeted trick of joining an anti-gay organization —‚ like the Republican Party — where closet cases successfully throw off the scent.

Because rednecks are ignorant, gullible and think it can't happen to anyone they know.

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2020 8:18 PM

Maybe NOW everybody knows Lindsey is gay and maybe that's why his poll numbers are tanking.

But that's because national comedians like Jon Stewart started calling his faggot ass out of the closet.

But not in the '90s. Even today, Lindsey dare not speaketh what "everybody knows" in South Carolina.

South Carolinians don't know shit and that's the political problem.

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2020 8:20 PM

He's fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2020 8:27 PM

R22 has it right! In the south as long as you don’t rub their nose in it, they don’t care. It is indeed all about appearances.

I remember when I first moved into my neighborhood that one of my neighbors went out of their way to say “we are glad you are here.” They know.

by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2020 8:51 PM

Polls are the only thing La Senatrice is used to topping...and now she can't even do that.

Poor Senatrice. I hope the houseboys have the fainting couch, smelling salts, and fans prepared for when she gets the vapors on Election Night.

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2020 9:59 PM

Miss Lindsey is whining about being outspent on FOX NEWS and begging for campaign donations now.

Here's how DLers can donate to Jamie Harrison, La Belle de Graham's opponent.

Jamie has tied Graham in the last, two election polls!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 24, 2020 5:33 PM

[quote]Miss Lindsey is whining about being outspent on FOX NEWS and begging for campaign donations now.

If he were really introspective, he'd be honest with himself and admit that he could only have the utmost respect for anyone who won't support him, especially after this past week. How could they after what he has said and done? He has no self-respect and no decency. It goes well-beyond conservatism. How in the hell do you support a man who literally tells you to hold him at his word and immediately renders his word untrustworthy? Not that he hasn't been absolute shit for years and his words have always been meaningless, but to be so adamant and then pretend you didn't just own yourself...

by Anonymousreply 39September 24, 2020 5:39 PM

Doesn't help that Sen. Graham is starting to look more like Lee Atwater than Paul Newman as he gets older. Jaime is a friendly, personable guy the could get along with and a more masculine, imposing figure for South Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 40September 24, 2020 5:47 PM

Donate to Jaime!

by Anonymousreply 41September 24, 2020 5:51 PM

The Senatrice has a opiate “issue”. Look at her pinned pupils in OP’s pic.

by Anonymousreply 42September 24, 2020 5:52 PM

[quote]It's time for Miss Lindsay to show hole.

Whose?

by Anonymousreply 43September 24, 2020 5:52 PM

SC is one of those states Trump will send his “election posses” to. He’s going to swarm polls in black areas with sheriffs & off duty police challenging black people to provide photo ID.

by Anonymousreply 44September 24, 2020 6:21 PM

"Doesn't help that Sen. Graham is starting to look more like Lee Atwater than Paul Newman as he gets older."

He didn't look like Paul Neman when he was younger, either

by Anonymousreply 45September 24, 2020 6:24 PM

I agree with r44. Trump and co will be looking to disenfranchise black voters

by Anonymousreply 46September 24, 2020 6:25 PM

he's a hypocrite and a closet cunt

by Anonymousreply 47September 24, 2020 6:29 PM

"Poor Lindsey" now trending on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 48September 24, 2020 6:31 PM

Maybe some Hillary Clinton thread bumps from 2016 will erase all the bad news for Trump and produce a Trump victory in 2020!

GO, 2016! Everything will go EXACTLY the same because all the factors are EXACTLY the same!

by Anonymousreply 49September 27, 2020 7:24 AM

15 days later and we're STILL tied @ 48%

South Carolina needs to shit or get off the Senatrice!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 3, 2020 11:47 PM

I would venture to guess a lot of African-Americans don't take online polls.

by Anonymousreply 51October 3, 2020 11:55 PM

I just donated $50 to Jaime Harrison directly.

Thank GOD the site doesn't ask you for a phone number. There is nothing worse than political groups soliciting via phone calls and texts all day, every day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 4, 2020 12:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!