Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Senatrice just can't get ahead of Jaime Harrison in the polls

Not good for an incumbent of Miss Lindsey's seniority in one of the reddest of red states. She's been there too long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37Last Friday at 1:59 PM

The gay rumors worked.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Wednesday at 1:07 PM

Eh, R1, everybody in South Carolina know Lindsey is gay, and have known for at least 15 years. The white Carolinians voted for him anyway because he did at least the bare minimum for the state.

But ever since he's maneuvered his entire body ALL the way up in Donald Trump's colon, he's done shit for South Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Wednesday at 1:30 PM

NO, the yokels in South Carolina are stupid hypocrites with no gaydar.

Maybe a few of them are catching on in the last couple of years because of Graham's "to the extent that it matters, I'm not gay" baloney.

by Anonymousreply 3Last Wednesday at 1:37 PM

A big part of the problem is Miss Lindsey's newfound willingness to accept Russian bribes and about-face on all his anti-Russian policies and warmongering for the past 20 years.

Treason ain't a good color for this Southern Belle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4Last Wednesday at 1:39 PM

But Trumptards can rest assured that the Russian will help Lady G win again.

Tragically, the US has completed its process of becoming Russia's newest vassal state!!! RIP!!!

by Anonymousreply 5Last Wednesday at 1:45 PM

Please pitch in if you can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6Last Wednesday at 1:48 PM

It's time for Miss Lindsay to show hole.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Wednesday at 1:54 PM

r5 = Russian Penthouse Fap Fiction

by Anonymousreply 8Last Wednesday at 1:55 PM

Miss Lindsey shows a GAPING hole in her credibility.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Wednesday at 1:56 PM

At least the Senatrix will always have her ladybugs.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Wednesday at 2:02 PM

Her hole has not been unseen.

Kompromat exists. Also, her obsession and infactuation for Trump are genuine. Trump knows it and gives her a little at golf outings, perhaps in WH at times, to keep her completely under his control.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Wednesday at 2:11 PM

Two words: Term Limit

by Anonymousreply 12Last Wednesday at 2:16 PM

I posted this on the other, generic, senate thread before I knew this one existed:

I imagine the Senatrice wouldn't mind being nine inches in front of Harrison, then zero inches, then nine inches, then zero inches, then...

by Anonymousreply 13Last Wednesday at 2:19 PM

R8 = fattard Svetlana terrified of getting caught while eating Double Grand Big Mac.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Wednesday at 2:24 PM

This would be pretty epic if he is defeated. What will become of him? I don't think Fox News would have him. He may try to do the speaker circuit but I doubt he would have many interested.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Wednesday at 2:27 PM

He would become an overpaid lobbyist, of course.

The military industrial complex loves him.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Wednesday at 3:15 PM

You know, if it's currently a dead heat, that she will certainly win-no matter what it takes. And spare me all the "but this looks really bad for repubs because it's so close" optics. The winner takes it all.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Wednesday at 3:32 PM

In SC. LG is about $$$$$, craving attention, latching onto an even older man for.whenever satisfies his emotional and political security needs.

SC has horrible roads, deteriorating instrastructure, a very low ranking in public education, poor rural health care, a scandalous legislature, inadequately run state agencies, and zero concern about protecting wetlands, forests, rivers, streams, ocean shorelines, etc. They'll pave the whole state, but can't resurface the roads. LG has done nothing in addressing any of it on the federal level. LG, the last few years, has spent more time on Sean Hannity than in SC to help understand and fix any single problem. He'll probably get re-elected. He has a lot of special interests and big GOP donors behind him. And as another said, SC is a bright red state. It'll take Democrats to muster a 5%+ gain their way to see substantive political change.

by Anonymousreply 18Last Wednesday at 3:49 PM

We understand you need to lie to yourself to carry on, @ r17.

But Republicans are losing the Senate and they can’t build anything. They can’t hold government for more than 4 years or so because they’re just anti-government deadbeats whereas people have needs.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Wednesday at 5:52 PM

Not that I want him back in the Senate, but the irony is that a newly re-elected Graham, not having to worry about being primaried for another 6 years, might not be such a bad match for his good friend Biden in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Wednesday at 6:13 PM

I hope he wins. The homophobic tactics the left have deployed are fucking terrible.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Wednesday at 6:16 PM

[quote]NO, the yokels in South Carolina are stupid hypocrites with no gaydar.

Southerners aren't stupid, they can tell when someone is gay just as well as anyone else. They don't care, SO LONG AS the gay person in question stays quiet about it and never ever mentions it publicly. All they care about is appearances.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Wednesday at 6:48 PM

I hope to god he loses. How fucking fantastic to get this worthless piece of shit out of office. Pray in whatever version you call praying.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Wednesday at 6:50 PM

What did I lie about, R19? You're so sure they're gonna lose? Talk about lying to yourself. My point was, they don't care "how it looks" if they win by only 3 votes-they'll act like it was a mandate straight from God.

by Anonymousreply 24Last Wednesday at 7:07 PM

fuckign closet queen

by Anonymousreply 25Last Wednesday at 7:11 PM

Whatever happened to the whores who were coming after Graham with receipts a few months ago?

by Anonymousreply 26Last Wednesday at 7:18 PM

Bullshit, r22.

Graham was first elected when nobody was out and nobody was allowed to be gay.

Those homophobic rednecks in SC had no idea. Now that blue-staters and national comedians are telling them he’s gay, some of them are holding it against him.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Wednesday at 7:22 PM

I had to look up who held this senate seat prior to Miss Lindsey. Strom Fucking Thurmond.

When is the animated corpse Chuck Grassley up for reelection?

by Anonymousreply 28Last Wednesday at 7:27 PM

[quote]Graham was first elected when nobody was out and nobody was allowed to be gay.

Oh please, they've always known perfectly well that he's gay. Do you honestly think they didn't know what gay people were until 20 years ago? You don't know how they operate in the South. Traditional Southerners are two-faced - they have a public life and a private life. So long as you act like the strictest Christian in public and never mention distasteful subjects like Homosexuality, you're accepted, and you can do whatever you want in private. That's why they all seem like such hypocrites when the truth comes out. (I can bet you that half of Lynchburg knew exactly what Jerry Falwell Jr was up to.)

Southern men all marry young, and if you don't, everyone else assumes you're gay (or worse) and there's intense pressure on you never to mention it or acknowledge it. But Southerners love to gossip. They all know he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Wednesday at 7:47 PM

r27, I beg to differ with you, I too lived in GA for about five years (Athens, natch). r22 knows of what he speaks.

Another example.....my MIL lives in McKinney, TX, she’s Evangelical, nice as pie all-American mom who is also a two-faced hypocrite sack of shit, of course. When I would visit she’d bring us to church. We attended a fancy dinner party held by an elderly gay couple who used to own a high-end catering business, it was one of the best menus I’ve ever had at a party, they lived in a fem mansion. This couple was part of her church!!!

I asked my MIL and others if people knew they were gay, and my MIL says, “well honey, we know that they are celibate, so it’s alright”. I shit you not. What’s funnier, her actually believing they’re celibate, or the fact that this gay couple is active in a fundie church??? It was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen, but it underscores r22’s thesis.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Wednesday at 7:58 PM

r27, I beg to differ with you, I too lived in GA for about five years (Athens, natch). r22 knows of what he speaks.

Another example.....my MIL lives in McKinney, TX, she’s Evangelical, nice as pie all-American mom who is also a two-faced hypocrite sack of shit, of course. When I would visit she’d bring us to church. We attended a fancy dinner party held by an elderly gay couple who used to own a high-end catering business, it was one of the best menus I’ve ever had at a party, they lived in a fem mansion. This couple was part of her church!!!

I asked my MIL and others if people knew they were gay, and my MIL says, “well honey, we know that they are celibate, so it’s alright”. I shit you not. What’s funnier, her actually believing they’re celibate, or the fact that this gay couple is active in a fundie church??? It was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen, but it underscores r22’s thesis.

by Anonymousreply 31Last Wednesday at 7:58 PM

I live in South carolina. Everybody knows that Lindsay is gay. Everybody.

by Anonymousreply 32Last Wednesday at 8:12 PM

No, r29.

Southerners see gay men as abominations and the enemy of everything that's right and normal.

No way would they elect an openly, proudly gay man at the state-wide level, even if they knew he was closeted.

I know Southerners perfectly well. They're bigots and simpletons. They think military service automatically means a man can't be gay. They also fall for the old closeted trick of joining an anti-gay organization —‚ like the Republican Party — where closet cases successfully throw off the scent.

Because rednecks are ignorant, gullible and think it can't happen to anyone they know.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Friday at 12:18 PM

Maybe NOW everybody knows Lindsey is gay and maybe that's why his poll numbers are tanking.

But that's because national comedians like Jon Stewart started calling his faggot ass out of the closet.

But not in the '90s. Even today, Lindsey dare not speaketh what "everybody knows" in South Carolina.

South Carolinians don't know shit and that's the political problem.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Friday at 12:20 PM

He's fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 35Last Friday at 12:27 PM

R22 has it right! In the south as long as you don’t rub their nose in it, they don’t care. It is indeed all about appearances.

I remember when I first moved into my neighborhood that one of my neighbors went out of their way to say “we are glad you are here.” They know.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Friday at 12:51 PM

Polls are the only thing La Senatrice is used to topping...and now she can't even do that.

Poor Senatrice. I hope the houseboys have the fainting couch, smelling salts, and fans prepared for when she gets the vapors on Election Night.

by Anonymousreply 37Last Friday at 1:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!