Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Was Nancy Kulp a lesbian or not?

"In 1989, Kulp gave an interview to author and LGBT activist Boze Hadleigh in which she said,

As long as you reproduce my reply word for word, and the question, you may use it ... I'd appreciate it if you'd let me phrase the question. There is more than one way. Here's how I would ask it: "Do you think that opposites attract?" My own reply would be that I'm the other sort — I find that birds of a feather flock together. That answers your question.

Hadleigh asserts that Kulp was indicating that she was a lesbian."

by Anonymousreply 17September 19, 2020 9:47 AM

My gay uncle in his youth worked as a long distance telephone operator decades ago (think Ernestine). He once connected Nancy to her gf in New York then listened in on the conversation during which Nancy cried and pleaded with the woman to return to her

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 6:22 PM

Well, she was an expert on birds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 7:51 PM

I wonder if it was Sheila Kuehl, #1? Or Ann B. Davis?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 8:59 PM

Your uncle was a creep, R1.

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2020 3:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2020 4:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2020 4:23 AM

Nancy Kulp and Ann B. Davis were the two biggest dykes in television history.

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2020 4:28 AM

Here's her first appearance on Match Game, where Gene Rayburn forces her to kiss him on the mouth. It's at 1:10 and it's gross.

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2020 4:38 AM

Is a pig's ass pork? In looking her up on wikipedia, I was sorry to see that Buddy Epsen made an ad for her political opponent when she ran for office a number of years after they worked together on the show. Reading that made me think very much less of him. Seemed petty and vindictive.

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2020 6:02 AM

He didn't even live in Pennsylvania, either. He was 3000 miles away in California. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2020 6:05 AM

She was a sexually ravenous heterosexual, OP. She would chase down male strippers in the parking lot of Chippendales and rip their clothes off and compel them to fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2020 6:05 AM

Oops, here's the link I meant to post at R8.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2020 6:11 AM

There was no such thing as an "LGBT activist" in 1989.

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2020 6:20 AM

ACT UP, Millennial/#13.

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2020 6:23 AM

Yea of course R14,. The point was that the standard abbreviation was just LGB back then .

by Anonymousreply 15September 19, 2020 7:37 AM

It was just "gay activist".

by Anonymousreply 16September 19, 2020 8:14 AM

It never should’ve changed.

by Anonymousreply 17September 19, 2020 9:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!