Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

US Image Around The World Plummets

[quote] For instance, just 41% in the United Kingdom express a favorable opinion of the U.S., the lowest percentage registered in any Pew Research Center survey there. In France, only 31% see the U.S. positively, matching the grim ratings from March 2003, at the height of U.S.-France tensions over the Iraq War. Germans give the U.S. particularly low marks on the survey: 26% rate the U.S. favorably, similar to the 25% in the same March 2003 poll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 4:51 PM

Russian agent Donald J Trump has succeeded in diminishing the US influence around the world as per my plan.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 4:25 PM

Is the UK really in any position to judge considering the clown they have as leader? At least we have the defense of being hostage to an electoral system that allows the candidate with a minority of votes to win.

What's their excuse for letting Boris become leader?

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 4:27 PM

Well, it's time the world grew-up and stopped thinking of the U.S. as Big Daddy.

But I'm sure Russia/China/Saudi Arabia will rush-in and comfort them.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 4:28 PM

The electoral college really needs to go. I hate the current system.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 4:34 PM

WHO CARES WHAT THEY THINK!! WE'RE AMERICA!!!

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 4:37 PM

"US Image Around The World Plummets"

But we're still #1 where it matters most: assholery. We're the biggest, stupidest collection of know-nothing assholes in the world and we're fucking proud of it.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 4:37 PM

[quote]Is the UK really in any position to judge considering the clown they have as leader?

trump makes Boris Johnson look like the height of civility and maturity by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 4:44 PM

[quote] trump makes Boris Johnson look like the height of civility and maturity by comparison.

As a waiter in NYC I have served them both.

Trump looked like a smug, preening asshole.

Johnson looked like an unmade bed.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 4:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!